PDA

View Full Version : Why does Lebron fake injuries?

jp611
05-21-2015, 07:35 AM
Lebron has faked an injury about every game since Game 4 of the Bulls-Cavs series. Last night you would have thought he had broken his ankle (again!). But he checks back in a couple minutes later with no ill effects from the injury.

Why does he feel the need to fake an injury? Does he believe it buys him some calls? Or does he think it helps his legacy if he battles through the "injuries"?

slashsnake
05-21-2015, 07:42 AM
Lebron has faked an injury about every game since Game 4 of the Bulls-Cavs series. Last night you would have thought he had broken his ankle (again!). But he checks back in a couple minutes later with no ill effects from the injury.

Why does he feel the need to fake an injury? Does he believe it buys him some calls? Or does he think it helps his legacy if he battles through the "injuries"?

Troll much?

vics
05-21-2015, 07:44 AM

Do you really believe on your own post? Well I don't..

DetroitBadBoy
05-21-2015, 08:23 AM
You ever rolled an ankle? It's shockingly painful and scary for the first 5 minutes, then the pain fades if minor.

As for the faking aspect, D Wade faked being hobbled all the time back in the day, then blew buy his defender when they were unsuspecting. It's part of the game.

Nosam6
05-21-2015, 08:43 AM
[QUOTE=DetroitBadBoy;29972722]You ever rolled an ankle? It's shockingly painful and scary for the first 5 minutes, then the pain fades if minor.

This.

Yanks All Day
05-21-2015, 08:54 AM
He rolled his ankle. It's really common in basketball. Nothing faked there, but I'm sure it hurt,

Also, if you're pretty certain all you're dealing with is a sprained ankle, you tie it up tighter and keep the blood flowing through it. It's a nagging injury, but you can certainly play through it. The last thing you want is the ankle swelling up.

It's also the ECF. If you're not playing through something like a rolled ankle, then something is wrong. If he didn't return and Cleveland lost, everyone would be on here saying "why didn't he play through the pain!? Jordan would have! Kobe shot a free throw with a blown out Achilles!"

A rolled ankle sucks, but the greatest player in the world does what great players do: play through it and win the game.

jp611
05-21-2015, 09:19 AM
He also about severed his spinal cord by the looks of it in Game 5 of the Bulls-Cavs series, only to come back out a couple minutes later w/ no pain and zero ill effects.

RowBTrice
05-21-2015, 09:27 AM
I've often wondered the same thing for years. I think he just likes the additional attention when the media makes some big deal out of how "heroic" he is.

cmellofan15
05-21-2015, 09:37 AM
i usually don't like it when people do this...but ima do it anyways.

have you ever played sports?
also, love the troll tags haha

Byronicle
05-21-2015, 10:02 AM

Lol the hate is strong in this one. Why is this hate? Because you are making some crazy illogical assumptions here, and this is coming from a guy who has been called a LeBron hater as well.

I roll an ankle in every competitive ball game I play and I still go back in there

Damn I played rugby in university, dislocated my shoulder and I still played. Broke my hand and I still played. Got Salmonella poisoning and had an inflamed liver, but I still played.

LeBron has one thing that most people cannot deny and it is heart. He wants to win, and its playoffs so guys will play through the pain.

Kinkotheclown
05-21-2015, 10:03 AM
I don't think Lebron has ever come out and said he was injured. The media does. He has played hurt like every other player in every other sport ever but he hasn't played inured. That is a different level. That is Jordan with the full on Flu, Jordan with a broken foot, Isaiah with a broken ankle, D-Wade many serious injuries, Willis Reed, Jack Younglbood, Emmit Smith…

Lebron is lucky, he has not had to deal with a serious injury. But when he plays through any little bruise, the media will run with it and I agree that's silly but I can't pin that on him.
He is a diva and he is dramatic but that's what the NBA is now.

Avenged
05-21-2015, 10:12 AM
I call it doing the Paul Pierce. Although not as dramatic.

Htownballa1622
05-21-2015, 10:21 AM
:facepalm:

FlashBolt
05-21-2015, 10:41 AM
This is why some parents need to cancel their internet provider.

kozelkid
05-21-2015, 10:51 AM
This is why some parents need to cancel their internet provider.
I'm not sure you're one to talk, Mr. Broken bones can't recover back to normal.

FlashBolt
05-21-2015, 10:54 AM
I'm not sure you're one to talk, Mr. Broken bones can't recover back to normal.

No idea what you're even referencing here.

kozelkid
05-21-2015, 10:57 AM
No idea what you're even referencing here.
I'd play dumb too.

But anyway, it's in reference of when you displayed your brilliant medical knowledge by telling us that one's bones are never the same after they're broken. I can even post your quote if you want.

JWO35
05-21-2015, 11:00 AM
I'd play dumb too.

But anyway, it's in reference of when you displayed your brilliant medical knowledge by telling us that one's bones are never the same after they're broken. I can even post your quote if you want.

Do it for the lulz before he edit its

kozelkid
05-21-2015, 11:02 AM
Do it for the lulz before he edit its
Here we go. It's even better than I remember.

Lmao, my brother is a physical therapist. Once you suffer an injury, your body will never be 100%. Doesn't take a genius to understand that.

ewing
05-21-2015, 11:04 AM
he wants attention

D-Leethal
05-21-2015, 11:07 AM
I don't think he's faking injuries but he might embellish and wince a bit more than he needs to - the guy loves attention. That much is obvious by now. He held a freakin' prime time press conference with Jim Gray and 35 eight year olds to tell everyone where he was going to sign as a free agent.

jp611
05-21-2015, 01:15 PM
He's clearly faking injuries... You don't fall to the ground and cry and wince in pain as if your spinal cord has been severed and then come back into a game 2 minutes later with no issues.

Sofnr
05-21-2015, 01:29 PM
I'm not sure he fakes injuries. He's just a child in the body of a man. That's always been evident by how he acts. Whenever he feels any pain he wails, cries, and freaks out like it's the end of the world. Then a couple minutes later he realizes that he's not really hurt, it was just a little pain, and he's fine to come back in. You just have to give him a timeout when he gets like that.

MonroeFAN
05-21-2015, 01:40 PM
Because he can.

bucketss
05-21-2015, 01:50 PM
He's clearly faking injuries... You don't fall to the ground and cry and wince in pain as if your spinal cord has been severed and then come back into a game 2 minutes later with no issues.

why does it feel that you're just disappointed he wasn't severely injured? like he was teasing you or something haha

lakerfan85
05-21-2015, 02:06 PM

Lol!! That's epic..

goingfor28
05-21-2015, 02:16 PM
Bc he's a drama queen

InRoseWeTrust
05-21-2015, 02:25 PM
I think he's always been a little overreactive, whether it be with non-calls, fouls, etc. I'm not saying that in a 'hater' way, just as an observation. That being said, I don't think he's 'faking' injuries - I think he's just evidencing the tendency described above.

The only 'faked' injury I can safely say I've seen is the ridiculous Paul Pierce wheelchair moment in the 08 finals. That one is still embarrassing to even think about.

koreancabbage
05-21-2015, 02:31 PM

err, thats not what you said up there lol. thats totally different and he's referencing his brother - as to where he got his knowledge from.

*shrugs* no harm no foul.

still1ballin
05-21-2015, 02:45 PM
Just turn off the a/c

WITZ
05-21-2015, 02:49 PM
You wanna see faking injuries go watch paul pierce leave the game in a wheelchair :laugh2: only to come back 5 mins later. Going by your reaction how your judging injuries go make a thread on Carroll because when he went down looked like a torn ACL now he is day-to-day....why he faking injuries :facepalm:

natelpete
05-21-2015, 02:50 PM

Wow, you're clueless.

InRoseWeTrust
05-21-2015, 02:59 PM
You wanna see faking injuries go watch paul pierce leave the game in a wheelchair :laugh2: only to come back 5 mins later. Going by your reaction how your judging injuries go make a thread on Carroll because when he went down looked like a torn ACL now he is day-to-day....why he faking injuries :facepalm:

See my recent post on the last page...this was exactly my first thought.

JordansBulls
05-21-2015, 03:09 PM
I think it has to do with how much guys like Jimmy and DeMarre Carroll have been shutting him down and he doesn't like it, so he fakes an injury so others think he is hurt so that it is an excuse for why he was getting locked up. He is a wise and clever man though.

FlashBolt
05-21-2015, 03:30 PM
I'd play dumb too.

It's true you dummy.. Your body isn't the same after a huge injury. It isn't my own medical knowledge, it's also on Google. It's why these players are prone to injuries. I don't mean a measly ankle injury; in that comment, I was referencing Rose's body. AND guess what? It's true. So how come you don't disclaim it at all? Just you acting as if it isn't true when even surgeons have said so themselves.

kozelkid
err, thats not what you said up there lol. thats totally different and he's referencing his brother - as to where he got his knowledge from.

*shrugs* no harm no foul.

Um, no. For one, if as he claims you can never recover 100% from injuries, that would OBVIOUSLY include bone breaks.

Second of all, he made that comment in the PG thread in response to PG's recovery from his BROKEN LEG.

Third, did you seriously imply that someone needs to be a healthcare professional to know whether or not we are capable of recovering 100% from injuries? (Note: I'm not saying that we can recover 100% from ALL injuries, but it is common knowledge that in most cases, one recovers back 100% eventually.)

Fourth, as I mentioned in that thread, I have a hard time believing that a licensed PT said that. More likely, Flash misunderstood him, and if not, then I worry for his patients.

Either way, no point of derailing this thread further. Giving him a hard time more than anything else since he chose to attack the OP.

FlashBolt
I think it has to do with how much guys like Jimmy and DeMarre Carroll have been shutting him down and he doesn't like it, so he fakes an injury so others think he is hurt so that it is an excuse for why he was getting locked up. He is a wise and clever man though.

When did Carroll shut him down? Lmfao, he was 8-12 against him until Caroll suffered that injury. Good one, pal.

FlashBolt
05-21-2015, 03:34 PM
Um, no. For one, if as he claims you can never recover 100% from injuries, that would OBVIOUSLY include bone breaks.

Second of all, he made that comment in the PG thread in response to PG's recovery from his BROKEN LEG.

Third, did you seriously imply that someone needs to be a healthcare professional to know whether or not we are capable of recovering 100% from injuries (Note: I'm not saying that we can recover 100% from ALL injuries, but it is common knowledge (or at least I thought it was), that in most cases, one recovers back 100% eventually.

Fourth, as I mentioned in that thread, I have a hard time believing that a licensed PT said that. More likely, Flash misunderstood him, and if not, then I worry for his patients.

So can you explain why some players are never back 100% such as KD, Rose, etc.? Please, enlighten me. Can you explain why Wade has yet to come back healthy despite his knee injury? Please, do tell.

kozelkid
05-21-2015, 03:41 PM
So can you explain why some players are never back 100% such as KD, Rose, etc.? Please, enlighten me. Can you explain why Wade has yet to come back healthy despite his knee injury? Please, do tell.

No problem.

In some cases, we're talking soft tissue damage which can result in scar tissue.
In other cases, such as Wade or Roy, they literally removed their cartilage.
And there other cases as well. Such as a damaged nerve, and so on.
That said, one can recover 100% from many injuries (bone breaks for certain if it's clean)

You seem to be confusing the concept of a converse relationship. I never once said that ALL injuries will recover 100%. In fact I mentioned in that very post that you quoted, "I'm not saying that we can recover 100% from ALL injuries." On the other hand, saying that "Once you suffer an injury, your body will never be 100%." is factually incorrect.

FlashBolt
05-21-2015, 03:48 PM
No problem.

In some cases, we're talking soft tissue damage which can result in scar tissue.
In other cases, such as Wade or Roy, they literally removed their cartilage.
And there other cases as well. Such as a damaged nerve, and so on.
That said, one can recover 100% from many injuries (bone breaks for certain if it's clean)

You seem to be confusing the concept of a converse relationship. I never once said that ALL injuries will recover 100%. In fact I mentioned in that very post that you quoted, "I'm not saying that we can recover 100% from ALL injuries." On the other hand, saying that "Once you suffer an injury, your body will never be 100%." is factually incorrect.

Lmao, you and I both know the difference in terms of what degree of injury it is. If I'm posting on a PG breaking his leg thread, then it's for certain it has something to do with that regard. I'm not talking about some stupid ankle injury or a 1 week hamstring injury. I didn't think we'd have to go over that but I guess if you want to be specific, yes it was an incorrect statement. That post was 100% directed towards Rose/PG's situation and it looks as if KD will be suffering from it as well. (He has nails screwed in his body... that already is proof that it doesn't heal 100%).

kozelkid
05-21-2015, 04:02 PM
Lmao, you and I both know the difference in terms of what degree of injury it is. If I'm posting on a PG breaking his leg thread, then it's for certain it has something to do with that regard. I'm not talking about some stupid ankle injury or a 1 week hamstring injury. I didn't think we'd have to go over that but I guess if you want to be specific, yes it was an incorrect statement. That post was 100% directed towards Rose/PG's situation and it looks as if KD will be suffering from it as well. (He has nails screwed in his body... that already is proof that it doesn't heal 100%).

How can you still make that claim without having any detailed knowledge of PG's injury (I'm talking MRI results)?

Maybe you should be more clear next time? :shrug:

FlashBolt
05-21-2015, 04:08 PM
How can you still make that claim without having any detailed knowledge of PG's injury (I'm talking MRI results)?

Maybe you should be more clear next time? :shrug:

Because they said he had a rod in his bone to keep it stable? Give me a break, watch the video. That kind of injury takes a toll on you both mentally and physically.

jp611
05-21-2015, 04:28 PM
It's true you dummy.. Your body isn't the same after a huge injury. It isn't my own medical knowledge, it's also on Google. It's why these players are prone to injuries. I don't mean a measly ankle injury; in that comment, I was referencing Rose's body. AND guess what? It's true. So how come you don't disclaim it at all? Just you acting as if it isn't true when even surgeons have said so themselves.

Actually the bone grows back stronger after a break, typically. So you're wrong.

FlashBolt
05-21-2015, 04:30 PM
Actually the bone grows back stronger after a break, typically. So you're wrong.

There is no proof of this. Doctors have already debunked and admitted to this. Thanks, have a nice day.

Procision
05-21-2015, 04:41 PM
I don't think its even debatable that Lebron is way over dramatic when it comes to injuries.

TheIlladelph16
05-21-2015, 04:55 PM

:laugh:

Save some of that salt for the ocean.

jp611
05-21-2015, 04:55 PM
There is no proof of this. Doctors have already debunked and admitted to this. Thanks, have a nice day.

:laugh2:

Yes, there is very much proof to this.

jp611
05-21-2015, 04:56 PM
I don't think its even debatable that Lebron is way over dramatic when it comes to injuries.

When it comes to the Lebronophiles, it's not obvious. They attribute it to his "greatness."

Hawkeye15
05-21-2015, 05:30 PM
I used to roll around on the ground after contact if I was dying tired haha, get some rest. Maybe that is why, idk

I don't think he fakes them, I just think over has a big reaction to them. He likes attention.

koreancabbage
05-21-2015, 05:34 PM
When it comes to the Lebronophiles, it's not obvious. They attribute it to his "greatness."

lol come on now, everyone know's Lebron is a once in a lifetime talent, hyped up since high school - i don't know what the purpose of this thread is but apparently, everything Lebron does is magnified 10x, regardless if its bad or good.

Everything Lebron has done with the bad attributes, someone else has done it it before. but because you put time in wasting everyone's time with this, i will waste mine posting on this thread that doesn't really matter.

lol

kozelkid
05-21-2015, 06:03 PM

Then you have to do a much better job of expressing what you mean. There's no such thing as a category of a measly injury vs a huge one. YOU made the comment that one can't recover 100% from an injury. Onus is on you to be more specific with that comment as far as which injury you're referring too.

JustinTime
05-21-2015, 06:25 PM
Some of you are ridiculous for calling this guy a troll when he's absolutely right. Lebron is always faking something and then 2 seconds later he playing fullspeed. It's alright to have an occasional injury but Lebron often has multiple injuries each game and yet he never leaves. He does it to get in his opponents head it's really cheap and there should be a rule that you have to sit at-least the quarter if you pull this BS.

Tony_Starks
05-21-2015, 06:29 PM
Everybody has played with that dude that anytime they catch a hard foul or collision they go into the whole theatrical Merryl Streep routine. Apparently Bron is that guy.

Not a big deal in my book when you got crazy game like that. If he had Smush Parker or Kwame Brown game it'd be different.....

jp611
05-21-2015, 06:40 PM
Some of you are ridiculous for calling this guy a troll when he's absolutely right. Lebron is always faking something and then 2 seconds later he playing fullspeed. It's alright to have an occasional injury but Lebron often has multiple injuries each game and yet he never leaves. He does it to get in his opponents head it's really cheap and there should be a rule that you have to sit at-least the quarter if you pull this BS.

Coach Lebron probably has the entire Cavs team running drills on flopping and faking injuries. It's so obvious that he's a faker and sensationalizer but the Lebron camp claims that getting through "his injuries" is what makes him great. It's not just rolled ankles too. It's every single time he hits the floor. And if he doesn't get a call he goes and cries to the official and then bulldozes over someone and gets a call.

More-Than-Most
05-21-2015, 07:16 PM

Welcome to all top players in the game... Also when something hurts it hurts and then the pain does go away... Stop with the trolling.

jp611
05-21-2015, 07:35 PM
Welcome to all top players in the game... Also when something hurts it hurts and then the pain does go away... Stop with the trolling.

Welcome to Lebron and CP3. Literally the only two "stars" who do this. Flops and fake injuries doesn't make you a top player.

Hawkize31
05-21-2015, 07:39 PM
What a stupid thread. Might as well title it "something something hairline" or "is chasing rings bad?".

Where there's virtually nothing to hate on, these are the scraps you have to settle for.

jp611
05-21-2015, 07:52 PM
What a stupid thread. Might as well title it "something something hairline" or "is chasing rings bad?".

Where there's virtually nothing to hate on, these are the scraps you have to settle for.

Has anyone even seen what true greatness is? Because if you think bowling over people and crying for foul calls and faking injuries is greatness... Then boy, you kids really missed out on some true greatness.

goingfor28
05-21-2015, 08:39 PM
Drama

Queen

LAKERS4LIFE!!
05-21-2015, 09:03 PM
I think he's always been a little overreactive, whether it be with non-calls, fouls, etc. I'm not saying that in a 'hater' way, just as an observation. That being said, I don't think he's 'faking' injuries - I think he's just evidencing the tendency described above.

The only 'faked' injury I can safely say I've seen is the ridiculous Paul Pierce wheelchair moment in the 08 finals. That one is still embarrassing to even think about.

I forever HATE paul pierce for this. Such a little ***** and then came back and killed the Lakers.

koreancabbage
05-21-2015, 09:21 PM
Has anyone even seen what true greatness is? Because if you think bowling over people and crying for foul calls and faking injuries is greatness... Then boy, you kids really missed out on some true greatness.

you're seeing some of it right now but you're too blinded by the hate to actually appreciate what Lebron can do in a game and on the court. Lebron is a bull in a china shop - we know that. he's an outlier in this game because he's built like a tank and quick like a point guard - you're trying to fit him in a mold that he doesn't fit in. aka MJ, who didn't fit any mold in the era he played in - and people started recognizing his greatness in his second title runs going into his mid 30s.

is it Lebron the first to cry for fouls? to run over players while making a basketball play? first to "fake" an injury?

No, he's not.

LBJackpot
05-22-2015, 02:34 PM
And the butthurt thread of the year goes to......

IKnowHoops
05-22-2015, 02:45 PM
I call it doing the Paul Pierce. Although not as dramatic.

Pierce and Wade will actually cry though.

IKnowHoops
05-22-2015, 02:47 PM
yeah I especially like how Demar Caroll faked his injury. He allowed himself to be carried off the court and there was nothing even wrong with him.

:rolleyes:

Hawkize31
05-22-2015, 03:35 PM

If Lebron isn't greatness, who is? By pretty much every measurable statistic, Lebron is one of the all time great players.

JordansBulls
05-22-2015, 03:52 PM
:laugh:

Save some of that salt for the ocean.

Not following what you mean here.

bucketss
05-22-2015, 09:13 PM
i guess carrol faked his injury to huh Op? he left the game like he tore something, now hes back.

DWNTWNLakeShow
05-22-2015, 09:39 PM
Ya he does tend to over react a bit much...never gonna forget the Paul Pierce wheel chair incident! This is why I've always loved Kobe. He has always played through injury and he never wanted to be pulled out of a game. I will never forget the day he tore his Achilles he took his free throws and walked off unassisted! Having said that at least lebron does come back in after his "injuries" reasonably quick so u can't bash him too much.

koreancabbage
05-22-2015, 11:53 PM
Ya he does tend to over react a bit much...never gonna forget the Paul Pierce wheel chair incident! This is why I've always loved Kobe. He has always played through injury and he never wanted to be pulled out of a game. I will never forget the day he tore his Achilles he took his free throws and walked off unassisted! Having said that at least lebron does come back in after his "injuries" reasonably quick so u can't bash him too much.

like its been said, noone but media perpetuates this lol, showing his "injuries" in 50 different angles

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-23-2015, 05:20 AM
He's a soft player in a now soft league. It's just the way things are now

More-Than-Most
05-23-2015, 07:01 AM

There is no real difference in the league over the past 20 years except now the officiating isn't actually trying their hardest to cheat and put certain teams in the finals. If you wanna say the league is soft from say 98-now fine... but then does this mean we should also take away from players like Jordan because we can also say the league was tougher in the 70s and early 80s

FlashBolt
05-23-2015, 07:09 AM
I think someone who has never seriously been injured has literally, zero reason to imply that he's faking. The guy is obviously dealing with issues but since he's so durable, it probably gives the implication that he's faking. I bet if James was injury prone, you'd all make fun of him for being injury prone whenever something like that happens instead of now, just trolling because he's the most durable NBA player of all time.

koreancabbage
05-23-2015, 08:20 AM
I think someone who has never seriously been injured has literally, zero reason to imply that he's faking. The guy is obviously dealing with issues but since he's so durable, it probably gives the implication that he's faking. I bet if James was injury prone, you'd all make fun of him for being injury prone whenever something like that happens instead of now, just trolling because he's the most durable NBA player of all time.

Illusionist is a troll, of course he would. He doesn't think he's a troll, thats the funny part.

D-Leethal
05-23-2015, 12:01 PM
There is no real difference in the league over the past 20 years except now the officiating isn't actually trying their hardest to cheat and put certain teams in the finals. If you wanna say the league is soft from say 98-now fine... but then does this mean we should also take away from players like Jordan because we can also say the league was tougher in the 70s and early 80s

Dumbest post in the thread goes to...

Corey
05-23-2015, 12:26 PM
There is no real difference in the league over the past 20 years except now the officiating isn't actually trying their hardest to cheat and put certain teams in the finals

http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_history.html

ManRam
05-23-2015, 01:47 PM
Anyone forcing a strong opinion on you about this, on either side, is probably coming from a source of bias.

None of us know what he's feeling when these things happen. None of us truly know the magnitude of the injuries. None of us know his pain tolerance. None of us know how we'd react in exactly the same circumstances. We can guess on all of that, but it's just that...a guess. It's human nature to freak out when you think you might be injured...and there are plenty of things that can happen that feel like serious injuries at the time but wind out not to be. But on the other hand, maybe he does use it as a chance to catch his breath. No one in the history of the sport has logged more minutes than him at his respective age. He's got some mileage on him. Take the opportunity if you need it. Embellishing is completely harmless.

Maybe he does. Maybe he doesn't. But the guy plays thru everything when the playoffs roll around, and that's all that matters in the end. He's once again dealing with plenty of nicks, just like most everyone else.

More-Than-Most
05-23-2015, 04:51 PM
http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_history.html

I looked at that before I made my post and its literally every year there are rule changes and things added or taken away... teams were allowed to play defense much harder in the 70s/80s and the majority of the 90s... that went to **** in the late 90s.. there isnt much of a difference over the past 20 years... The End of Jordans career and all of kobes/iversons/james and so on the league has become soft... that is my point. If someone is gonna complain about this era being soft they need to go back to the 70s and 80s or early 90s because the late 90s and all of the 2000s were no different then now.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-23-2015, 04:55 PM

You couldn't be more wrong. The league is marshmallow soft compared to 80-early 2000s

Corey
05-23-2015, 04:58 PM
I looked at that before I made my post and its literally every year there are rule changes and things added or taken away... teams were allowed to play defense much harder in the 70s/80s and the majority of the 90s... that went to **** in the late 90s.. there isnt much of a difference over the past 20 years... The End of Jordans career and all of kobes/iversons/james and so on the league has become soft... that is my point. If someone is gonna complain about this era being soft they need to go back to the 70s and 80s or early 90s because the late 90s and all of the 2000s were no different then now.

I think the league has evolved in a bunch of different directions though. It's gone from a big man to a wing to a point guard game, and right now the final four teams in the nba were the top 4 teams in 3FGA, which is pretty interesting.

Hand checking and fouls on the perimeter have changed the game a lot, IMO, I agree with you on that.

I dont think players are softer, I think the league made it that way. Its a whole different argument, but I think if guys like Lebron and the other current stars grew up playing with 70s/80s rules theyd be just as good...They would have adapted.

FlashBolt
05-23-2015, 05:12 PM
You couldn't be more wrong. The league is marshmallow soft compared to 80-early 2000s

It's also more advanced in every way in terms of offensive/defensive schemes.. so go take your crying elsewhere. All you're doing is saying things but you have zero proof to back it up. More-Than-Most actually has an explanation whereas you just spout generic statements because you honestly, have no idea what you're talking about. And btw, more fouls were called during Jordan's time than now. More PPG were scored during Jordan's time than now. So if the league is soft today, it's because they took away the cheap tactics of bullying ball that had nothing to do with basketball skill at all. It is a more skilled game than ever.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-23-2015, 05:16 PM

Illusionist is a troll, of course he would. He doesn't think he's a troll, thats the funny part.

:violin:

More-Than-Most
05-23-2015, 05:20 PM
I think the league has evolved in a bunch of different directions though. It's gone from a big man to a wing to a point guard game, and right now the final four teams in the nba were the top 4 teams in 3FGA, which is pretty interesting.

Hand checking and fouls on the perimeter have changed the game a lot, IMO, I agree with you on that.

I dont think players are softer, I think the league made it that way. Its a whole different argument, but I think if guys like Lebron and the other current stars grew up playing with 70s/80s rules theyd be just as good...They would have adapted.

100 percent spot on.

mavwar53
05-23-2015, 05:29 PM
This is basketball, guys sprain their ankles all the time, with that constantly happening the ankle becomes loose and the recovery time is very little. I've sprained my ankle 100+times and now it doesn't effect me at all. The initial spraining hurts the moment it happens but a second later it's like it never happened.

numba1CHANGsta
05-23-2015, 06:20 PM
Cuz he's a major pus-sy, he does it on purpose to trick the other team into believing he's hurt so they won't go too tough on him. Dwight does it too, so did Pierce back in the 08' Finals

ManRam
05-26-2015, 08:52 AM
anyone thought what i thought last night?

DetroitBadBoy
05-26-2015, 09:42 AM

I agree, it seems he can be over dramatic but no one here, on this forum, knows what an 82 game season, followed by making it to the finals the last 4 (about to be 5) seasons can make your body feel like. That's AT LEAST 98 games he will have played (barring injury/sitting out) in each of the last 5 seasons. Include jet lag, west coast games, and the grind of playoff basketball, who knows how their bodies really feel. Just a thought.

LA_Raiders
05-26-2015, 01:57 PM
So that people feel sorry about him, and once he had a great game all the media praise him for playing injured. He is a flopper an a clown. No need for that LeClown, this only shows that you have insecurity issues.

rapjuicer06
05-26-2015, 02:24 PM

Shut up, there is too proof. The calcium build up around a break makes the bone stronger in that spot it broke. Have you ever seen the rapid development of it? I have, had to go in weekly to get x-rays on my leg and you can actually see the calcium surround the bone and make it stronger. It's extremely fascinating.

FraziersKnicks
05-26-2015, 02:28 PM
I <3 Lakers fans

Byronicle
05-26-2015, 03:20 PM
anyone thought what i thought last night?

He is a diva, I won't deny that. I was defending him earlier in this thread and I do want to see him in the finals vs GSW and would be happy for Cleveland if they won, and I believe he is hurting but he definitely exaggerates.

I mean, he fouls the guy and signals to get off and then in a split second changes his mind. This comes with the territory though, after soccer, basketball has a ton of acting. If you pretend to get hurt in physical sports such as hockey, rugby and football then you are looked down upon not just by your opponents but by your peers as well.

The whole falling to his knees in exhaustion, and his post game interview where he is looking daze was just too much. It was really unnecessary melodramatic. Even the things he was saying, "I gave it my all", I this, I that, did not mention anything about Tristan Thompson coming up big on the boards and blocks, it was me this, me that, I won the game.

Seriously, watch the post game interview again when he is still on the court. It was just way too Hollywood

ManRam
05-26-2015, 11:12 PM
He is a diva, I won't deny that. I was defending him earlier in this thread and I do want to see him in the finals vs GSW and would be happy for Cleveland if they won, and I believe he is hurting but he definitely exaggerates.

I mean, he fouls the guy and signals to get off and then in a split second changes his mind. This comes with the territory though, after soccer, basketball has a ton of acting. If you pretend to get hurt in physical sports such as hockey, rugby and football then you are looked down upon not just by your opponents but by your peers as well.

The whole falling to his knees in exhaustion, and his post game interview where he is looking daze was just too much. It was really unnecessary melodramatic. Even the things he was saying, "I gave it my all", I this, I that, did not mention anything about Tristan Thompson coming up big on the boards and blocks, it was me this, me that, I won the game.

Seriously, watch the post game interview again when he is still on the court. It was just way too Hollywood

I was too vague.

I was talking about Curry.

Imagine if LeBron spent that much time on the floor and came back seemingly fine. Just another example how he's in the spotlight and gets ripped for acceptable things that most everyone has done.

Like, how funny is it that people here are calling him a ***** (rhymes with wussy)? People are ****ing crazy. No one here could endure half the stuff he endures physically.

krazylegz
05-26-2015, 11:38 PM
ttt

FlashBolt
05-27-2015, 02:22 AM
Curry fell on his head and it looked dangerous for sure. Comes back one and a half quarter later looking somewhat, okay. James has cramps (we all know you can't play with cramps let alone walk properly with them), he had ankle sprains his entire career frequently, and has also gone through back spasms since 2008. Whether or not he fakes it has more to do with how he presents himself. Because he plays so well regardless, people really think he's faking it. Sorry to break it to ya but if he were to sit out, you'd all call him a coward and how he quit on his team. When he's playing and dealing with injuries (that they show on replay and he does get his ankle disturbed), you guys say he's faking. I don't understand how he can fake it but also, be a coward if he chooses to heal up the injuries instead of playing.