PDA

View Full Version : Where are the conspiracy theories?

JasonJohnHorn
05-20-2015, 03:53 PM
After the T-Wolves got the first overall pick, I was expecting some conspiracy theories about how they were awarded the pick for letting the Cavs have Kevin Love, like when the Spurs got the first pick for letting the Bulls have Rodman.

Of course, there is a conspiracy theory for every team.

LAL and NY are the NBA's prized franchise, so they get preferential treatment, ect, ect... though there doesn't seem to be any fear of the NBA rigging the lottery for the Pistons ;-)

bleedprple&gold
05-20-2015, 04:13 PM
The T-Wolves didn't "let" the Cavs have Love. They got this guy named Wiggins, have you heard of him? They got the player who will ultimately be better (if not already) so "if" it were rigged why would they need to be compensated for that?

I did expect more people to complain about the Lakers getting 2nd, but since the Knicks got 4th they obviously didn't give preferential treatment to just large markets, or did they do that intentionally just to make it not look so obvious so they could reward the Lakers? Why not give the Lakers #1 then? That would have been too obvious as well...Point is you can come up with a theory for any scenario.

Chronz
05-20-2015, 04:21 PM
i like to think its becuz the kids have grown wiser and have realized how impossible it is to rig the draft in this day and age.

Dade County
05-20-2015, 04:35 PM
OP,

I did think about that...

But I was too busy focusing on why Miami wasn't rewarded with the 1st pick in the draft for losing Lbj; just like the Cav's did (at worst I was thinking top 3 pick)...

Munkeysuit
05-20-2015, 04:40 PM
Someone said Wiggins is better than K Love...I laughed for a good 4-5 minutes (in real life)

dhopisthename
05-20-2015, 04:55 PM
because they had the best odds and it wasn't he cavs winning it for the 3rd time in 4 years with two of those picks being 7+

Ezio
05-20-2015, 05:15 PM
Someone said Wiggins is better than K Love...I laughed for a good 4-5 minutes (in real life)

He'll probably end up having a better career than Love :shrug:

I thought LAL or Miami would end up with it the #1, idk when the last time the team with the best odds actually won the pick

koreancabbage
05-20-2015, 05:48 PM

right? lol Wiggins is not better than Kevin Love currently.

Wiggins, from what he's done in his rookie year, projects to be so, with year over year improvement.

bleedprple&gold
05-20-2015, 07:33 PM

Why is that funny? If not better now, he will be soon. And Wiggins isn't a liability on one side of the ball. If denial makes you feel better as a Cavs then more power to you.

FOXHOUND
05-20-2015, 08:12 PM
Why is that funny? If not better now, he will be soon. And Wiggins isn't a liability on one side of the ball. If denial makes you feel better as a Cavs then more power to you.

How many wins did the Wolves have last season led by Love?

How many wins did the Wolves have this season led by Wiggins?

There's your answer to why this is funny.

RLundi
05-20-2015, 08:15 PM
It just shows how irrational and delusional NBA fans are. I love the NBA, but its fans are among the worst of the pro sports.

RLundi
05-20-2015, 08:18 PM

Wiggins is nowhere near the player Love is, even in Love's down year. You're right, he projects to be better than Love over time. But not right now, and probably not anytime soon.

L8kers4life
05-20-2015, 08:33 PM
In 3years Wiggins will be better than Love and he will be 22.. But he is not better now.

L8kers4life
05-20-2015, 08:35 PM
I would argue that the Cavs might be better with Wiggins than Love though, only because Love got hurt, Cleveland would have been deeper with Wiggins since they already had Thompson, defensively they would have been better, and Lebron and Wiggins on the wings would be crazy.

ManRam
05-20-2015, 09:10 PM
The conspiracy theories are right where they should be.

bleedprple&gold
05-21-2015, 12:21 AM

Wiggins is nowhere near the player Love is, even in Love's down year. You're right, he projects to be better than Love over time. But not right now, and probably not anytime soon.

This wasn't meant to be a Love vs Wiggins debate. My point was the Wolves have already been well-compensated for Love so the nba doesn't "owe" them anything (if you believe in that sort of thing).

KnicksorBust
05-25-2015, 06:28 PM
After the T-Wolves got the first overall pick, I was expecting some conspiracy theories about how they were awarded the pick for letting the Cavs have Kevin Love, like when the Spurs got the first pick for letting the Bulls have Rodman.

LAL and NY are the NBA's prized franchise, so they get preferential treatment, ect, ect... though there doesn't seem to be any fear of the NBA rigging the lottery for the Pistons ;-)

Lmao a team with the best odds gets the pick and someone still tries to make a conspiracy thread. Man you guys crack me up.

Vinylman
05-26-2015, 04:34 PM
The NBA is lulling people to sleep this year... the real conspiracy will occur next year when the Lakers finish out of the playoffs in the west but still get their pick that philly is counting on...

PowerHouse
05-26-2015, 05:14 PM

This is a very flawed opening post. I was going to mention that Wiggins came to the T-wolves but that was covered. The Spurs lost Rodman after the 94-95 season, not the 95-96. In 95-96 the Spurs were an excellent team without Rodman, winning 59 games and the division. They got the #1 pick for going 20-62 in 96-97 due to D-Rob missing nearly the entire season to injury.

D-Leethal
05-26-2015, 05:24 PM
Conspiracy Theorists always disappear when it's not convenient for them. They are the most pathetic kind of human if you ask me. Can't deal with the hand you've been given so you wahhh wahhh and blame the system.

AllBall
05-26-2015, 09:59 PM
You want a conspiracy? Ok, here it goes:

The league wanted to punish the 76ers for their tankfest so they made sure that they would not get the #1 spot and they made sure that the Lakers and Heat kept their picks instead of losing it to the 76ers. The Knicks also deserved some punishment for deciding to tank midway through and since they like the Lakers more, it was an easy decision to swap the spots. They gave the team with the best possible chance the #1 spot to give credibility to their entire charade

srs

Ok not srs

ok semi srs

alright just kidding

maybe