PDA

View Full Version : 2015 NBA All-Defensive Teams

NYKnickFanatic
05-20-2015, 02:52 PM
https://nbcprobasketballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/all-d.png?w=568&h=346

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/20/2015-nba-all-defensive-teams-announced/

Chronz
05-20-2015, 03:04 PM
wall n butler should be on first team and either duncan or bogut ahead of dj. how did the clips have such an average defensive showing if we have 2 first teamers, was the rest of the team truly that awful.

kdspurman
05-20-2015, 03:28 PM
This is Timmy's 15th time being selected to an all defensive team, most in NBA history.

Tony_Starks
05-20-2015, 04:08 PM
Looks about right. Shout out to John Wall for having a great all around year!

b_russ
05-20-2015, 04:09 PM
DeAndre Jordan shouldn't be on there.

Chronz
05-20-2015, 04:12 PM
DeAndre Jordan shouldn't be on there.

is this still voted purely by "coaches", i cant imagine the actual analysts (majority) ranking him that highly. hes prolly the most inconsistent great defender in the league. sum nights hes truly imposing, other nights hes merely average.

lincecum=future
05-20-2015, 04:15 PM
Nice little payday for Bogut. Well deserved.

numba1CHANGsta
05-20-2015, 04:28 PM
LOL @ all the hate for DeAndre Jordan, idc what anyone says this guy was a beast on defense during the season. I mean seriously, Bogut over Jordan? lmao

kdspurman
05-20-2015, 04:32 PM
LOL @ all the hate for DeAndre Jordan, idc what anyone says this guy was a beast on defense during the season. I mean seriously, Bogut over Jordan? lmao

I don't think it's hate. I mean it's a Clipper fan saying he doesn't think Jordan belongs there too lol

dhopisthename
05-20-2015, 04:51 PM
surprised bogut made it over rudy since rudy played 500+ more minutes.

Chronz
05-20-2015, 04:55 PM
the dj critique comes down to valuing talent/impact vs sheer durability . dj may not be on par with bogut/dwight as a defender BUT hes certainly involved in many more plays and carries a bigger responsibility given how undersized our wings and his frontcourt partner are.

b_russ
05-20-2015, 06:42 PM
is this still voted purely by "coaches", i cant imagine the actual analysts (majority) ranking him that highly. hes prolly the most inconsistent great defender in the league. sum nights hes truly imposing, other nights hes merely average.

It's media and broadcasters.

Chronz
05-20-2015, 07:12 PM
It's media and broadcasters.

No way, the nba did not remove the coaches altogether. U sure ur not confusing this for the allnba teams?

PowerHouse
05-20-2015, 07:30 PM
What happened to the defensive teams being nothing more than a "popularity contest"? Lebron didnt get in.

Jarvo
05-20-2015, 07:36 PM
Ayyyyyeeeeeeee! Duncan & Leonard

flea
05-20-2015, 07:42 PM
What happened to the defensive teams being nothing more than a "popularity contest"? Lebron didnt get in.

Still is, the 1st team center got in because of his coach's lip service rather than actual accomplishments. Anchored the 16th rank D and was mediocre by pretty much every measure but rebounding and blocked shots. Anthony Davis being a 2nd teamer is also the result of being a popular name because he had a great offensive season and blocked shots. Both were undeserving. Everyone else looks about right though.

Lebron didn't get in because it's harder and harder to justify a declining forward who doesn't do any one thing particularly well on defense anymore and plays on a bottom 10 defense.

Tony_Starks
05-20-2015, 07:51 PM

True that. All defense teams are actually one of the few awards left that are about as legit as they come.

When a certain guy that shall remain nameless started racking them up it suddenly became a popularity contest award that holds little merit. Ironically the same player missed a couple of legit MVP awards for being extremely UNpopular.

Chronz
05-20-2015, 08:03 PM

wat do u mean wat happened. i dont see middleton but i see cp3. still see dj and ad .

PowerHouse
05-20-2015, 08:22 PM
wat do u mean wat happened. i dont see middleton but i see cp3. still see dj and ad .

Im confused on your confusion. I mean what I said. If a guy who has been shoved down our throat by ESPN ever since his rookie year and a guy who used to be one of the "greatest defensive SFs of all time" and is still even now above average defensively doesnt make it, is it really a popularity contest?

And you put Middleton over CP3? Anybody else with Chronz on that one?

Chronz
05-20-2015, 09:01 PM
Im confused on your confusion. I mean what I said. If a guy who has been shoved down our throat by ESPN ever since his rookie year and a guy who used to be one of the "greatest defensive SFs of all time" and is still even now above average defensively doesnt make it, is it really a popularity contest?
like u said, shoved down ur throat since his rookie year, yet took him forever to appear here. if ur argument is that he should be making the ad infinitum, then ur confusing me even more. the argument thats its a popularity contest never hinged on one player making it, it hinged on some of the most laughable selections. but i will admit theyve gotten more accurate of late, hence no bron. also i would say its reputation based instead of outright popularity

And you put Middleton over CP3? Anybody else with Chronz on that one?

u suggesting its not arguable or that cp3 is more deserving?

Chronz
05-20-2015, 09:04 PM
True that. All defense teams are actually one of the few awards left that are about as legit as they come.

When a certain guy that shall remain nameless started racking them up it suddenly became a popularity contest award that holds little merit. Ironically the same player missed a couple of legit MVP awards for being extremely UNpopular.

are u speaking about phil jackson calling the nameless guys defense overrated or the objective fans who agreed with him? ironically? lol wat?

PowerHouse
05-20-2015, 09:17 PM
like u said, shoved down ur throat since his rookie year, yet took him forever to appear here. if ur argument is that he should be making the ad infinitum, then ur confusing me even more. the argument thats its a popularity contest never hinged on one player making it, it hinged on some of the most laughable selections. but i will admit theyve gotten more accurate of late, hence no bron. also i would say its reputation based instead of outright popularity

No Im not suggesting he keep making it over and over, I believe they are and always have been pretty accurate lists aside from a few head-scratchers here and there. Everyone cant be pleased though.

u suggesting its not arguable or that cp3 is more deserving?

Im not familiar with Middleton enough to know how great he is defensively. But I know I've never heard much talk about him being an upper-echelon defender especially one that would top CP3 in perimeter defense. Not suggesting you're wrong, I just havent heard.

THE MTL
05-20-2015, 10:22 PM
I was 100% on my picks for the first team

valade16
05-21-2015, 12:27 PM
Even if you think 2 of the players named didn't deserve to be there that makes the teams 80% accurate, how accurate do they need to be to be above reproach? 100%?

I think getting 80% of the accolades right is pretty good. I certainly wouldn't dismiss All-NBA Defensive teams simply because you don't agree with one or two guys a year.

Chronz
05-21-2015, 12:45 PM
Even if you think 2 of the players named didn't deserve to be there that makes the teams 80% accurate, how accurate do they need to be to be above reproach? 100%?

I think getting 80% of the accolades right is pretty good. I certainly wouldn't dismiss All-NBA Defensive teams simply because you don't agree with one or two guys a year.

agreed, i simply disregard the laughable selections

solid_pro
05-21-2015, 07:45 PM
surprised bogut made it over rudy since rudy played 500+ more minutes.

Problem is Jazz record. Rudy was a blast to watch and have on my fantasy team but he didn't bring the wins like Bogut did.