PDA

View Full Version : What God does Steve Kerr pray to??

val_modus
05-20-2015, 01:15 PM
Reg season: minimal injuries to key players - played the fewest number of starting lineups out of any of the playoff teams by far.

first round: Jrue Holiday still injured plays here and there and then Tyreke Evans hurt and cant play fully. Not that those two are going to kill the Warriors but a defensive point guard to pressure curry on both ends of the floor and a scoring attacking guard would have may Klay work too on both ends. Maybe Pels win a game or two.

Second round: Conley hurt and even though he came back and played admirable he still wasn't 100%. Then Allen with the hamstring injury after he put the clamps on the splash brothers.

WCF: Rockets are down two key starters and who knows what will happen with Howard.

Guess what... If they move on to the Finals, they play a Cavs team missing Varejao and Love. I've been watching ESPN's coverage of this series, and they love to point out how the Rockets have had an easy path to the WCF, but nobody dares critique the golden boys of the NBA.

MrfadeawayJB
05-20-2015, 01:31 PM
Memphis was looking good until the injury bug bit bad. Conley, Allen, Udrih ankle, greens back. It dies take good fortune to make a finals run from both internal and external circumstances.

MonroeFAN
05-20-2015, 01:44 PM
All of the players mentioned in this topic kind of suck. Eric Gordon, Jrue Holiday? Losing Conley hurts, sure. But Houston has never played this well as a team, so whoever the "key" starters that are missing from their roster, they must not mean a whole lot.

Anyways, this sounds like some jelly nonsense.

bucketss
05-20-2015, 02:05 PM
so does this mean their title will have an asterisk?

Scoots
05-20-2015, 03:09 PM
Part of it is that the Warriors had the deepest and most used bench in the NBA so the players are less fatigued. But no doubt luck plays a part.

KnickNyKnick
05-20-2015, 03:10 PM
he practices Jordanism. Namaste

lol, please
05-20-2015, 03:47 PM
Part of it is that the Warriors had the deepest and most used bench in the NBA so the players are less fatigued. But no doubt luck plays a part.

Pretty much, not to mention the fact that he walked into a good situation to begin with. It's the culmination of many things, but it certainly isn't a cinderella story, we have made progress as a team as expected, and we will continue to be dominant.

numba1CHANGsta
05-20-2015, 04:34 PM
The Rockets have no one to Hack on as well, I guess the Warriors are just built perfectly

Ezio
05-20-2015, 05:11 PM
Every run needs some luck

Jarvo
05-20-2015, 07:33 PM
The Based God

Saddletramp
05-20-2015, 09:24 PM
Not the same one that was ignoring Mark Jackson. Then again, I'm not really sure who Jackson actually prays to.

tredigs
05-20-2015, 09:30 PM
Reg season: minimal injuries to key players - played the fewest number of starting lineups out of any of the playoff teams by far.

first round: Jrue Holiday still injured plays here and there and then Tyreke Evans hurt and cant play fully. Not that those two are going to kill the Warriors but a defensive point guard to pressure curry on both ends of the floor and a scoring attacking guard would have may Klay work too on both ends. Maybe Pels win a game or two.

Second round: Conley hurt and even though he came back and played admirable he still wasn't 100%. Then Allen with the hamstring injury after he put the clamps on the splash brothers.

WCF: Rockets are down two key starters and who knows what will happen with Howard.

Guess what... If they move on to the Finals, they play a Cavs team missing Varejao and Love. I've been watching ESPN's coverage of this series, and they love to point out how the Rockets have had an easy path to the WCF, but nobody dares critique the golden boys of the NBA.

Right, 'cause these teams are definitely favorites against the Warriors at full strength.

nastynice
05-20-2015, 09:32 PM
so does this mean their title will have an asterisk?

lol for real! So much *****ing and crying about injuries lately, damn

nastynice
05-20-2015, 09:35 PM
I've been watching ESPN's coverage of this series, and they love to point out how the Rockets have had an easy path to the WCF, but nobody dares critique the golden boys of the NBA.

sure, woulda loved to watch the Rox try m go thru the grizz to get here, lol.

I will say tho, Houston has NOT had an easy path. Nobody in the west has for about a decade now. I don't know wtf espn is smoking

sf-fanatic
05-20-2015, 10:18 PM
Warriors have had major injury problems the previous 2 years (especially in the playoffs) so everything just averages out.

IBleedPurple
05-20-2015, 11:36 PM
The god of hard wood. AKA Ron Jeremy.

solid_pro
05-21-2015, 07:52 PM
Warriors have had major injury problems the previous 2 years (especially in the playoffs) so everything just averages out.

At LEAST the past 2 years.

And their bench, as previously mentioned, is legit. You bring Iguodala, D-Lee, Livingston and Barbosa out for the second unit; that squad alone murdered teams during the regular season.

Yeah, injuries were heavy this year but the fact is, the Warriors have their first fully-healthy team in recent memory. It's strange indeed but no less deserved. And their backup plan is impressive to boot.

SF8
05-21-2015, 08:00 PM
The Rockets have no one to Hack on as well, I guess the Warriors are just built perfectly

What the heck, what do you call Bogut then?

Even Igoudala and Ezili both shoot in the very low 60s.

nastynice
05-21-2015, 08:06 PM
Actually we didn't have Lee vs the Pels. Now just cuz we g enough about it to be able to brush our shoulders off without losing a step, don't hate the playa, hate the game :cool:

nastynice
05-21-2015, 08:06 PM
What the heck, what do you call Bogut then?

Even Igoudala and Ezili both shoot in the very low 60s.

Hacking a 60% shooter would be a terrible strategy

xbrackattackx
05-21-2015, 08:10 PM
The correct answer is satan. Go warriors!

PowerHouse
05-21-2015, 08:29 PM
The rain gods of course. Splash brothers, makin' it rain..

Im surprised he doesnt bust out an indian rain dance after a Curry 3 pointer once in a while.

effen5
05-21-2015, 09:57 PM
Steve Kerr got dealt with an incredible hand.

He was absolutely perfect for this team bc this team was championship ready regardless of who was hurt in the playoffs.

And this ****er also has experience with michael jordan tim duncan scottie pipen David Robinson Dennis Rodman pops and phil.....oh and he was a back up to mark price one of my favorite point guards of all time

Jesus

JasonJohnHorn
05-21-2015, 09:57 PM
Well... he's got a young team. They are less likely to get the injuries that older vets get from wear and tear.

But he's also got a deep roster.

JasonJohnHorn
05-21-2015, 10:12 PM
Reg season: minimal injuries to key players

I think people forget the fact that coming into the season, David Lee was the team's most consistent scorer over the three seasons leading into this year.

David Lee was the second/third option last year, and they lost him for the first third of the season. That is HUGE adjustments to make. Coupled with that, they were missing Bogut for about 20 games, and he was the team's leading rebounder last year, the second being Lee.

The fact that they lost their two top rebounders for significant parts of the seasons, and that both of them were key play makers in their offense, and that Lee at the very least we a core piece of their offence, and they STILL jumped out to the head of the league in the tougher of the two conferences, indicates that this isn't just about luck, it's about good adjustments and player development.

It just seems like they've been healthy, and yes, they have been luckier than many, but a lot of this is about guys like Curry, Thompson, Green, and Barnes all improving.

lol, please
05-21-2015, 10:53 PM
I think people forget the fact that coming into the season, David Lee was the team's most consistent scorer over the three seasons leading into this year.

David Lee was the second/third option last year, and they lost him for the first third of the season. That is HUGE adjustments to make. Coupled with that, they were missing Bogut for about 20 games, and he was the team's leading rebounder last year, the second being Lee.

The fact that they lost their two top rebounders for significant parts of the seasons, and that both of them were key play makers in their offense, and that Lee at the very least we a core piece of their offence, and they STILL jumped out to the head of the league in the tougher of the two conferences, indicates that this isn't just about luck, it's about good adjustments and player development.

It just seems like they've been healthy, and yes, they have been luckier than many, but a lot of this is about guys like Curry, Thompson, Green, and Barnes all improving.
Very well said. Great post.

Saddletramp
05-22-2015, 02:32 AM
The rain gods of course. Splash brothers, makin' it rain..

Im surprised he doesnt bust out an indian rain dance after a Curry 3 pointer once in a while.

Because that would be awfully offensive and racist? I figure you're joking, but I wouldn't put it past some dope to do this (not Kerr, though).

andy2518
05-22-2015, 03:24 AM
The god of tit-s and wine. Hope no one used that one already.

Saddletramp
05-22-2015, 04:00 AM
The god of tit-s and wine. Hope no one used that one already.

Nah, P&G got (justifiably) banned long ago.

andy2518
05-22-2015, 04:04 AM
Nah, P&G got (justifiably) banned long ago.

Oh, not sure who that is, but it was a Game of Thrones reference.

RLundi
05-22-2015, 05:48 AM
The only true god, Jehovah.