PDA

View Full Version : Windhorst think Kids should be banned at press conferences and Bucher....

Stunner
05-20-2015, 11:23 AM
Douchebags

@RicBucher: We finally found Steph Curry's flaw: parenting. Did you see Riley Curry last night? Kid was a menace. An adorable menace, but still…

@BSO: ESPN Brian Windhorst Wants to Ban Kids From Podium http://t.co/RG6uProip2 http://t.co/FdkVNrEdOv

Edit : fix my title please lol

Stunner
05-20-2015, 11:37 AM
@RicBucher: Of course I am. https://t.co/LCnSocMRjv

kingkenny01
05-20-2015, 11:54 AM
I'm not going to lie that kid was all over the place, but she is also two I doubt many parent can control a two year old

Rivera
05-20-2015, 11:58 AM
I don't think he's a douche I think there's a time and a place for it and I think the reporters in the room have a job to do just like steph does. There are appropriate times to bring your kid to the podium and there are times where it isn't. This phenomenon of NBA players bringing there kids to the press conference is happening more and more.

I wish at times I could take my kid to work but I can't :shrug: Doesn't mean he hates kids or wants them banned.

He's a man just trying to do his job and he was probably distracted as steph was

dhopisthename
05-20-2015, 12:03 PM
I don't get why players have to bring their kids either. I mean reporters aren't bringing their kids with them.

Stunner
05-20-2015, 12:10 PM
Only kids at press conference Tim Duncan , Lebron , Iverson , CP3 , Rose and now Curry . I get what other people are saying but the real problem is it was a bad choice of words on Bucher part . You can get your point across without attacking Curry's parenting skills and calling her a " adorable menace "

Stunner
05-20-2015, 12:10 PM
I don't get why players have to bring their kids either. I mean reporters aren't bringing their kids with them.

Not the same thing lol reporters aren't even close to NBA players

Rivera
05-20-2015, 12:13 PM
Only kids at press conference Tim Duncan , Lebron , Iverson , CP3 , Rose and now Curry . I get what other people are saying but the real problem is it was a bad choice of words on Bucher part . You can get your point across without attacking Curry's parenting skills and calling her a " adorable menace "

I can agree with buchers part. Though I think it was a joke and people take it the wrong way but I can see why some people might take it the wrong way. If he wasn't joking then I would take back everything and be mad at bucher but I believe it was a joke

I don't think anything Brian said was bad or wrong

pain7
05-20-2015, 12:15 PM
Well they certainly shouldn't be allowed to do whatever the hell they want lol.

IKnowHoops
05-20-2015, 12:19 PM

People come for the players, not the reporters. On ESPN the kid was getting more burn and attention than Steph. Post game press conferences are as dull as it gets. I would bet money that the NBA gets more attention, (the press conferences specifically) when the kids are there. Its actually great marketing. The reporters need to shut there mouth, do there jobs and understand that they are only alive because of the awesome athletes, not the other way around. I'll guarantee you that Steph's kid 1000000x the draw that Windhurst is. At least Bucher was making a joke. And I don't like him. Windhurst...I forget he even exists at times. But when I am made aware of his existence...I'm below unimpressed.

Stunner
05-20-2015, 12:20 PM
People come for the players, not the reporters. On ESPN the kid was getting more burn and attention than Steph. Post game press conferences are as dull as it gets. I would bet money that the NBA gets more attention, (the press conferences specifically) when the kids are there. Its actually great marketing. The reporters need to shut there mouth, do there jobs and understand that they are only alive because of the awesome athletes, not the other way around. I'll guarantee you that Steph's kid 1000000x the draw that Windhurst is. At least Bucher was making a joke. And I don't like him. Windhurst...I forget he even exists at times. But when I am made aware of his existence...I'm below unimpressed.

This is very true , it's not like they're pulling a Lynch

BKLYNpigeon
05-20-2015, 12:21 PM
suspend Curry for game 2!

bucketss
05-20-2015, 12:31 PM
bucher was obviously joking not sure why it got such a back lash.

NYKnickFanatic
05-20-2015, 12:32 PM
His daughter is adorable. Looks just like him.

akesh99
05-20-2015, 12:33 PM
Do people even care enough about post game conferences for it to matter if NBA superstars want to bring their kids?

QueensG_718
05-20-2015, 12:41 PM
If i watch a game i can care less what they say post game. I saw every damn thing that happened. Same generic answers anyway. Kids make the whole thing interesting to me. My daughter is also 2 and is a trip..i could only imagine her if i was a pro and i brought her up there. Lol

cmellofan15
05-20-2015, 12:58 PM
lol steph currys daughter made the pc a lot more interesting and its gained more popularity than any recent press conference so shouldn't this be a good thing?

lakerfan85
05-20-2015, 01:19 PM
I wish I could ban Windhorst from being on my TV..

mike_noodles
05-20-2015, 01:24 PM
I don't think the kids should be allowed either. The one exception I would make is at the conclusion of the Finals.

NYCkid12
05-20-2015, 01:25 PM
Not the same thing lol reporters aren't even close to NBA players

Not sure what you mean by "reporters aren't even close to NBA players"; If you are referring to them not being anywhere close to athletically talented as NBA players, it seems like an obvious and irrevelant point

But NBA reporters can be away from their families as much as an NBA player can. So I don't think the comparison of a reporter bringing their kid to a press conference is such a stretch. Both of them have jobs to do and although I don't care enough on one side of the argument, I can see where a reporter could be bothered by having a 2 year old running around during a press conference.

spreadeagle
05-20-2015, 01:25 PM
Agreed, that **** is hella annoying, keep yo kids at home

NYKnickFanatic
05-20-2015, 02:27 PM
Seriously, do people watch post game interviews?

NYKnickFanatic
05-20-2015, 02:28 PM
http://s1.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/derrick-roses-son-game-4-press-conference.jpg

Don't let this guy find out he thinks kids should be banned...

still1ballin
05-20-2015, 02:34 PM
I wish I could ban Windhorst from being on my TV..

Yeah, it bothers me looking at his fat face and double chin.

NYKnickFanatic
05-20-2015, 02:40 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/lrnxn.jpg

Scoots
05-20-2015, 03:07 PM
That was my wife's favorite part of the game.

Teufelshunde4
05-20-2015, 03:15 PM
I'm not going to lie that kid was all over the place, but she is also two I doubt many parent can control a two year old

I control my 2 yr old fine.. spray bottle with water and a big stick..

FYI my 2 yr old German short hair pointers. Not human kids

lol, please
05-20-2015, 03:50 PM
suspend Curry for game 2!

I would be down with it, only to prove to the world that Klay is a legit #1.

lincecum=future
05-20-2015, 04:13 PM
I don't understand how this is news. Bay Area sports radio talk wouldn't shut up about this all damn day. How dare the reporters be inconvenienced when their job is to do just that to the players.

lol, please
05-20-2015, 04:22 PM
I don't understand how this is news. Bay Area sports radio talk wouldn't shut up about this all damn day. How dare the reporters be inconvenienced when their job is to do just that to the players.

Yea no kidding. The media has a habit of turning non stories into stories though. There is more relevant discussion at hand, like how the Warriors are going to handle Dwight if he returns, and if the Warriors can overcome the drastic foul call discrepancy due to the refs favoring the Rockets on the majority of the 50/50 calls, or when the blatant violence on Curry is going to stop and if he is ever going to get to the line on a consistent basis.

Stunner
05-20-2015, 04:55 PM
Wow

https://twitter.com/viametanoia/status/601126537430204416

JWO35
05-20-2015, 04:55 PM
IDK if anyone noticed this during the game, but I think Curry is taking it a bit too far
http://i.imgur.com/gfOXO8l.jpg

Saddletramp
05-20-2015, 05:07 PM
Yea no kidding. The media has a habit of turning non stories into stories though. There is more relevant discussion at hand, like how the Warriors are going to handle Dwight if he returns, and if the Warriors can overcome the drastic foul call discrepancy due to the refs favoring the Rockets on the majority of the 50/50 calls, or when the blatant violence on Curry is going to stop and if he is ever going to get to the line on a consistent basis.

Man, you just can't stop, can you.

bluefire7002
05-20-2015, 05:14 PM
Yeah, it bothers me looking at his fat face and double chin.

Lorenzo ‏@TrillSelf 6h6 hours ago

@HeyImAJ @BSO he'd be ok with it if it was Bron's kids @WindhorstESPN
2 retweets 0 favorites

:laugh:

bluefire7002
05-20-2015, 05:16 PM
Wow

https://twitter.com/viametanoia/status/601126537430204416

And that's whats wrong with America... Ohhh your 2yr old is too hyper, its not normal!... Give them pills!

Redrum187
05-20-2015, 05:26 PM
IDK if anyone noticed this during the game, but I think Curry is taking it a bit too far
http://i.imgur.com/gfOXO8l.jpg

lol!! :P

Big Zo
05-20-2015, 06:20 PM
Those two *******s are complaining about a 2 year old that's far less annoying than them? Really?

numba1CHANGsta
05-20-2015, 06:21 PM
Obviously they're mad cuz they're jealous that their children don't look as cute as Curry's

MonroeFAN
05-20-2015, 07:24 PM
Not sure where I land on this. It seems harmless, but she was definitely out of control.

dnl123
05-20-2015, 07:59 PM
I may be in the minority but I agree with Windhorst. The players should be able to give the reporters fifteen minutes after the game to ask their questions.

sixer04fan
05-21-2015, 09:53 AM
The reporters think the post game press conferences are about them. Which is sad and hilarious. Thought the kid was awesome

pacofunk64
05-21-2015, 10:09 AM
I didn't see what happened but it sounds like she was being a normal 2 year old. Hell my 4 and 7 year olds probably would have done the same thing.

But I agree that there is a time and place for kids and it is not at a press conference or your place of work imo. Sure I've brought my kids into the office but not during normal business hours while I am needing to get work done. All after hours

Byronicle
05-21-2015, 10:39 AM
I've worked in daycares throughout highschool and university.

And that is just a happy 2 year old with a great personality

Leave it to these ESPN "basketball experts" to give parenting advice. They saw this kid for like 5 mins and already they think they are doctors, child psychologists, etc.

Just because you have a voice in the media, does not make you smart.

FlashBolt
05-21-2015, 10:42 AM
I agree with the reporters. At the end of their day, they have a job to do and how well that job goes depends on whether or not the player is giving them that ability. This isn't show-and-tell tbh.. This playground press conference really kills the playoff vibe too.

mavwar53
05-21-2015, 10:59 AM
So many haters, wow!

D-Leethal
05-21-2015, 11:10 AM
He doesn't like getting boners during press conference. Dude looks like he sits next to pre schools with a van full of candy.

Scoots
05-21-2015, 11:22 AM
I have no words: http://sportsnut.sportsblog.com/posts/2488333/steph-curry-s-daughter-and-the-epitome-of-light-skinned-privilege-.html

IBleedPurple
05-21-2015, 12:20 PM

Man, you just can't stop, can you.Well he is still making threads arguing for Barry Bonds, so not likely lol.

J4KOP99
05-21-2015, 12:32 PM
Windhorst should be banned from the pregame media buffet. The guy is such a ****ing hack.

Corey
05-21-2015, 12:44 PM
No issue with the kids.

It shows a different side of a lot of these athletes anyways. I dont see the downside.

I think it's good PR for the league too, family friendly and all that ****

FlashBolt
05-23-2015, 08:31 AM
No issue with the kids.

It shows a different side of a lot of these athletes anyways. I dont see the downside.

I think it's good PR for the league too, family friendly and all that ****

That's not the thing, though. Reporters and journalists have a job to do and when NBA players are under contract in a business setting to handle media, you should be respectful and considerate because at the end of the day, those reporters/journalists play a large part in spreading your brand just as much as they can ruin it as well. It's cute and all for sure but this is the Playoffs and with Curry's child running around, I sorta lost interest in the seriousness of the game itself.

FlashBolt
05-23-2015, 08:34 AM
You guys honestly don't understand. Reporters depend on a story. If your boss tells you to get the scoop on a certain thing and you can't get that, you're out of luck. If you were in their position, you'd be the first to get up there and ask questions about the game. It's almost as if you were a student trying to learn but your teacher is up there in the board chasing his child around; wouldn't that piss you off?

eso
05-23-2015, 09:23 AM
Such a poorly behaved kid, imagine a 2 year old wanting there daddy's attention sham on you Steph for not beating the love out of you daughter.

Corey
05-23-2015, 12:20 PM
That's not the thing, though. Reporters and journalists have a job to do and when NBA players are under contract in a business setting to handle media, you should be respectful and considerate because at the end of the day, those reporters/journalists play a large part in spreading your brand just as much as they can ruin it as well. It's cute and all for sure but this is the Playoffs and with Curry's child running around, I sorta lost interest in the seriousness of the game itself.

Reporters are replaceable. If they cant handle having a kid at the podium while they ask a question in a post game, they need to get better at their job.

Stunner
05-23-2015, 12:23 PM
Reporters are replaceable. If they cant handle having a kid at the podium while they ask a question in a post game, they need to get better at their job.

Exactly , they have no problem trying to get a story out of people when they don't want to be bothered lol

spreadeagle
05-23-2015, 04:53 PM
Agree that in all my years of watching hoops I cant remember watching more than 2 minutes of those post game press conferences anyway, BUT its just unprofessional to have a lil kid up there going crazy, its distracting and kind of annoying. I wanna hear about the game now watch a kid scream n drool everywhere, id say save the kids for the finals win press conferences when it would be more acceptable to have family up there with you sharing that moment

kubernetes
05-23-2015, 05:05 PM
Lol, respectful and professional. The only reason there are post game press conferences is because the league thinks it's good for PR to put players in front of the press.

I guarantee that no one at the NBA is unhappy with Curry bringing his daughter to one--if anything they saw the social media spike (especially with women) and are scheming to make sure every star starts bringing cute kids to the podium.

rhino17
05-23-2015, 05:07 PM
You guys honestly don't understand. Reporters depend on a story. If your boss tells you to get the scoop on a certain thing and you can't get that, you're out of luck. If you were in their position, you'd be the first to get up there and ask questions about the game. It's almost as if you were a student trying to learn but your teacher is up there in the board chasing his child around; wouldn't that piss you off?
There is literally NOTHING of substance ever asked in a press conference. A fluffy, feel good story about a player and his kid is shallow, but more substantive and real than the repetitive and uniformed garbage that most writers spew out on a daily basis, generic cliches and meaningless answers from coaches/players

Windhorst is literally the biggest loser in the journalism community

FlashBolt
05-23-2015, 05:07 PM

So what are they supposed to do? Call out their kid in front of live television and jeopardize their job even further? Put yourself in their position. You're trying to ask questions but the individual's child is running around interrupting every few seconds. What are YOU supposed to do other than work with what you have -- which isn't much because a child is there? And reporters are replaceable -- that's why it is scary when they can't get the info they want and have to start making stuff up (which pisses people off since they did that with every LeBron team and pretty much, start rumors nonstop).

FlashBolt
05-23-2015, 05:09 PM
There is literally NOTHING of substance ever asked in a press conference. A fluffy, feel good story about a player and his kid is shallow, but more substantive and real than the repetitive and uniformed garbage that most writers spew out on a daily basis, generic cliches and meaningless answers from coaches/players

Windhorst is literally the biggest loser in the journalism community

No substance to you but that's not for everyone. They get paid to do a job and depending on the answers, that's how they pay their bills. If you don't think the NFL gave a damn about what Lynch did, guess what? They fined him. NBA is a business at the end of the day and they get paid for that access to media.

Bruno
05-23-2015, 05:19 PM
it was annoying to watch after the first 30 seconds. if she were a few years older and could have stayed more quiet I wouldn't have noticed.

rhino17
05-23-2015, 05:31 PM
No substance to you but that's not for everyone. They get paid to do a job and depending on the answers, that's how they pay their bills. If you don't think the NFL gave a damn about what Lynch did, guess what? They fined him. NBA is a business at the end of the day and they get paid for that access to media.
they can absolutely write an article without the meaningless, nothing answers given to them by players

as I said, a kid sitting there probably gives them a more legit story to write anyway.

This has more to do with the general incompetence of the media than anything else

FlashBolt
05-23-2015, 05:42 PM
they can absolutely write an article without the meaningless, nothing answers given to them by players

as I said, a kid sitting there probably gives them a more legit story to write anyway.

This has more to do with the general incompetence of the media than anything else

In what world would writing a story about Curry's 2 year old daughter make any sense in a sports column? That is like writing a political science paper on the weather column. The fact is, these guys have a job to do and if they are saying that it isn't as comfortable for them in that situation, you have to give them the benefit of a doubt because they are the ones who have done this for decades.

Corey
05-23-2015, 07:12 PM
So what are they supposed to do? Call out their kid in front of live television and jeopardize their job even further? Put yourself in their position. You're trying to ask questions but the individual's child is running around interrupting every few seconds. What are YOU supposed to do other than work with what you have -- which isn't much because a child is there? And reporters are replaceable -- that's why it is scary when they can't get the info they want and have to start making stuff up (which pisses people off since they did that with every LeBron team and pretty much, start rumors nonstop).

No they're just supposed to sit there and shut up and ask a question when it's their turn. The kid being there doesnt jeopardize anything. They'll still ask their question, they'll still get responses, and the same articles will get written.

If I was there, I would have chuckled. I would have thought the kid was cute. I would have asked my question and understood that a father cares more about his child than answering questions in a session that he's being forced to go to

Saddletramp
05-23-2015, 08:09 PM
No they're just supposed to sit there and shut up and ask a question when it's their turn. The kid being there doesnt jeopardize anything. They'll still ask their question, they'll still get responses, and the same articles will get written.

If I was there, I would have chuckled. I would have thought the kid was cute. I would have asked my question and understood that a father cares more about his child than answering questions in a session that he's being forced to go to

But they're not just asking questions and then shutting up. Some are taking notes and they're all paying attention to what the player and other reporters are saying for follow questions and points they might make. I don't care about the kids one way or the other (although I'd personally wouldn't have them there), but to say they're just sitting there until they ask their question and then sit back and shut up is pretty dumb.

Allphakenny1
05-23-2015, 08:43 PM

I think they fined him when he did not show up at all to the press conference. When he showed up and refused to answer questions, he did not get fined. In fact, I think his exact quote to answer many of the reporters questions was "I'm just here so I don't get fined."

Scoots
05-23-2015, 08:44 PM
There are a lot of things the press has to deal with, watch the post game press conferences of Seahawks games if you want examples of much worse behavior than any child I've ever seen. I wouldn't want kids as a regular thing, but once a year, so what.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-23-2015, 08:46 PM
It probably makes it a bit harder for reporters to do their jobs if a kid is there.

Corey
05-23-2015, 09:00 PM
But they're not just asking questions and then shutting up. Some are taking notes and they're all paying attention to what the player and other reporters are saying for follow questions and points they might make. I don't care about the kids one way or the other (although I'd personally wouldn't have them there), but to say they're just sitting there until they ask their question and then sit back and shut up is pretty dumb.

Its really not considering most of them just record the audio and pick out the small bits they want afterwards

Saddletramp
05-23-2015, 11:44 PM
Its really not considering most of them just record the audio and pick out the small bits they want afterwards

You really don't think they hear players' answers and come up with stuff on the fly? They don't come up with questions based on other reporters questions? It's all just "Here's me question", it's answered, and they go home?

Ok, then.

Corey
05-27-2015, 12:18 AM
You really don't think they hear players' answers and come up with stuff on the fly? They don't come up with questions based on other reporters questions? It's all just "Here's me question", it's answered, and they go home?

Ok, then.

Of course they do. Social media has taken over.

But that doesn't change the fact that the kid doesn't make a difference in their job.

Oh no, they have to wait an extra 10 seconds for a response because a kid has to be told to be quiet.

Really not that deep. Not a big deal at all.

ewing
05-27-2015, 03:33 PM
i don't give a **** about there wives, families, loved one....