PDA

View Full Version : Who wins the title?

kobe4thewinbang
05-19-2015, 11:51 PM
Final four now: Warriors, Hawks, Rockets, Cavaliers.

Who do you think will win the title, and who do you want to see win?

I want to see LeBron finally win a title for Cleveland, but I don't see them beating the Warriors. I would love to see LeBron 'beast mode' it, though. I also think Iguodala or Green can give him fits. Losing Kevin Love will hurt because the Warriors got too many weapons, and home court advantage.

And let's just say I'd be shocked if Warriors lose to the Rockets or Hawks beat the Cavs. Rockets have shockingly beaten the Clippers (who beat the Spurs) but the Hawks have looked like crap.

FlashBolt
05-20-2015, 12:00 AM
Iggy is not giving Bron fits at all. Green? Maybe, because he plays dirty and by that, I mean he's not afraid to resort to cheap tactics. Still think Warriors win IF Kyrie isn't healthy. Not paying much attention to Curry at all. He'll get his no matter who's on him. The huge thing for them is LeBron, though. He's going to have to turn it up a notch.

Nikeman
05-20-2015, 12:11 AM
Iggy is not giving Bron fits at all. Green? Maybe, because he plays dirty and by that, I mean he's not afraid to resort to cheap tactics. Still think Warriors win IF Kyrie isn't healthy. Not paying much attention to Curry at all. He'll get his no matter who's on him. The huge thing for them is LeBron, though. He's going to have to turn it up a notch.

If Love plays I think the Cavs take the Warriors in 6. But the Cavs still match-up very well with the Warriors. Assuming Shumpert is assigned the task of defending Curry, he is one defender who could possibly give Curry trouble. JR Smith when engaged can be a good defender on Thompson. Kyrie Irving can also give Curry trouble on defense. I don't see anybody stopping LeBron. Tristan Thompson is a tough post player and can give Green trouble down low, and Mozgov and Bogut are both solid low post defenders.

Not sure all my predictions are going to be correct, but would be an extremely interesting series nonetheless if Kyrie Irving is healthy.

Bostonjorge
05-20-2015, 12:14 AM
Green, klay, Barnes and AI all going to take turns shutting down James. Warriors win title.

FlashBolt
05-20-2015, 12:16 AM
If Love plays I think the Cavs take the Warriors in 6. But the Cavs still match-up very well with the Warriors. Assuming Shumpert is assigned the task of defending Curry, he is one defender who could possibly give Curry trouble. JR Smith when engaged can be a good defender on Thompson. Kyrie Irving can also give Curry trouble on defense. I don't see anybody stopping LeBron. Tristan Thompson is a tough post player and can give Green trouble down low, and Mozgov and Bogut are both solid low post defenders.

I agree but we all know Kyrie isn't going to be healthy and even when healthy, he can't stop Curry. They tried hiding him on Dunleavy -- who is a stationery player more often than not. Imagine having to chase someone with sick handles and the ability to pull up from any spot. Shump on Curry is a good option but that leaves James with Thompson -- which isn't a good idea considering James could use a break on defense if he'll be guarded by Andre/Green. I'm going to be honest here and say that Cavs should put Delly on Curry if it comes down to it. He's going to make Curry work hard for those shots. Got Warriors in six if they do play but wow, I want the Cavs to

Nikeman
05-20-2015, 12:17 AM
Green, klay, Barnes and AI all going to take turns shutting down James. Warriors win title.

Just like they were going to shut down Harden?

When James is engaged, nobody can stop the man... Jimmy Butler played LeBron well all series, amazing actually, but when LeBron was engaged in Game 5, nobody was stopping him.

Nikeman
05-20-2015, 12:20 AM
I agree but we all know Kyrie isn't going to be healthy and even when healthy, he can't stop Curry. They tried hiding him on Dunleavy -- who is a stationery player more often than not. Imagine having to chase someone with sick handles and the ability to pull up from any spot. Shump on Curry is a good option but that leaves James with Thompson -- which isn't a good idea considering James could use a break on defense if he'll be guarded by Andre/Green. I'm going to be honest here and say that Cavs should put Delly on Curry if it comes down to it. He's going to make Curry work hard for those shots. Got Warriors in six if they do play but wow, I want the Cavs to

Watching those Cavs against the Bulls, the Cavs have some superb perimeter players. Shump can defend anyone 1-3, LeBron can defend anyone on the floor, JR Smith can defend when he wants, Delly, and Kyrie has improved significantly.

Put Shumpert on Curry, JR Smith/LeBron on Thompson, Tristan Thompson on Green, and you have some extremely interesting match-ups.

What i see maybe happening is Kyrie having to guard Curry tho, because if Shump guards Curry, Kyrie has to guard Barnes or Thompson which is not a good match-up.

FlashBolt
05-20-2015, 12:28 AM
Watching those Cavs against the Bulls, the Cavs have some superb perimeter players. Shump can defend anyone 1-3, LeBron can defend anyone on the floor, JR Smith can defend when he wants, Delly, and Kyrie has improved significantly.

Put Shumpert on Curry, JR Smith/LeBron on Thompson, Tristan Thompson on Green, and you have some extremely interesting match-ups.

What i see maybe happening is Kyrie having to guard Curry tho, because if Shump guards Curry, Kyrie has to guard Barnes or Thompson which is not a good match-up.

Don't be fooled with Shump/J.R. These guys have a history of being helpful and then turning into a liability the next game.

Tony_Starks
05-20-2015, 12:36 AM
Warriors over Hawks in probably 6 games. As deep as ATL is I don't think their role players game will travel to Oakland. I really can't see the Dubs losing a home game in the Finals, its going to be beyond insane in that building!

FlashBolt
05-20-2015, 12:39 AM
Warriors over Hawks in probably 6 games. As deep as ATL is I don't think their role players game will travel to Oakland. I really can't see the Dubs losing a home game in the Finals, its going to be beyond insane in that building!

So you have the Cavs as underdogs?

Tony_Starks
05-20-2015, 01:00 AM

So you have the Cavs as underdogs?

Sure don't but I believe they will lose that series.

Nice try tho!

bucketss
05-20-2015, 01:12 AM
a lot of people will be on suicide watch if cleveland wins.

More-Than-Most
05-20-2015, 01:26 AM
I have never not given James a chance but the cavs have no chance to win against the warriors.

Mave1002
05-20-2015, 06:46 AM

On the contrary, Steve Kerr knows that the smart thing to do is to shut everybody else on the team down, except for LBJ. Let Lebron James be Lebron James. Even if he scores 80 points / game, he wont get past the 76ers. But yeah, of course the opposing team needs to score too. lol

Lebron James 45ppg

Irving-Thompson-Mozgov- 25ppg - double team if you have to, just dont let them score
SHump-Smith 15ppg - self explanatory

Nobody wins shiet without getting any help, no matter who you are.

NJrockPD
05-20-2015, 07:48 AM
The NBA is awful. LeBron will win another ring.

kdspurman
05-20-2015, 09:51 AM
Hopefully the Hawks

Scoots
05-20-2015, 11:29 AM

LeBron is perfectly capable of resorting to cheap tactics too :)

mrblisterdundee
05-21-2015, 01:59 AM
The Cavs are too injury riddled, whereas the Warriors are the only team not dealing with injuries. And the Warriors have Draymond Green, possible the best player outside of Kawhi Leonard to be defending LeBron James, not to mention Andre Iguodala.
Stop kidding yourselves, people who think LeBron James can Godzilla his way to a title. The Warriors have at least four different guys to throw at him throughout the season, and he's going to lose steam.
Stephen Curry's better than a healthy Kyrie Irving, and Klay Thompson has been more valuable than Kevin Love ever was.
Then you have a Andrew Bogut, actually healthy for once and patrolling the paint. That's like a sign from God that the Warriors are meant to win the title this year.
Even with Love and Irving healthy, I'd take the Warriors in six.

Nikeman
05-21-2015, 02:09 AM
The Cavs are too injury riddled, whereas the Warriors are the only team not dealing with injuries. And the Warriors have Draymond Green, possible the best player outside of Kawhi Leonard to be defending LeBron James, not to mention Andre Iguodala.
Stop kidding yourselves, people who think LeBron James can Godzilla his way to a title. The Warriors have at least four different guys to throw at him throughout the season, and he's going to lose steam.
Stephen Curry's better than a healthy Kyrie Irving, and Klay Thompson has been more valuable than Kevin Love ever was.
Then you have a Andrew Bogut, actually healthy for once and patrolling the paint. That's like a sign from God that the Warriors are meant to win the title this year.
Even with Love and Irving healthy, I'd take the Warriors in six.

Could not disagree more. Last time Cavs/Warriors played LeBron put up 42, where was Green then? He is a good defender, but by no means can he single-handedly stop LeBron, nobody can. You need multiple guys to stop him, and thats when LeBron can kick out and lead to easy shots for teammates. Kawahi in last years finals defended James well, but LeBron still put up 29 PPG on 57% shooting, with literally NO HELP. So no, nobody can stop LeBron when he is engaged.

Cavs match up well with Warriors, the Warriors are a perimeter orientated team, and the Cavs have 3-4 quality perimeter defenders. Shumpert is the perfect defender to guard a Curry, J.R. Smith when locked in can defend the perimeter well, LeBron himself whenever he wants can be the best defender in basketball, and Delly is a good PG to bring off the bench to stick on Curry as well.

Neither team is a dominant paint team. Tristan Thompson can give Green fits rebounding inside, and Mozgov himself is a quality paint protector.

The key for a Warriors/Cavs series is Irving's health. A healthy Irving on offense could expend serious energy from either Curry or Thompson, whoever the Warriors decide to stick on him.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-21-2015, 02:17 AM
Warriors over Cavs in 6! Book it

Mave1002
05-21-2015, 03:59 AM
The NBA is awful. LeBron will win another ring.

Not for long, my friend. If he gets his third this year, and thats a big if... I believe it will be his last. In my honest opinion, his career has already reached its peak. 2015.

slashsnake
05-21-2015, 04:08 AM
Not for long, my friend. If he gets his third this year, and thats a big if... I believe it will be his last. In my honest opinion, his career has already reached its peak. 2015.

It's more about who's around rather than their perfect peak. Jordan wasn't at his peak for his 2nd threepeat. Shaq wasn't at his for his last couple rings. Kobe's peak the Lakers were struggling to make the playoffs. Duncan just won a ring well past his peak. It all depends who's around to help. Right now, no Love, no Varejao, JR Smith out for 2 games, Irving hobbled and out for a bit, and they rolled over Chicago with guys like Delladova, Mozgov, JR Smith, and Tristan Thompson being key guys. I know it's the weak East, but still with Lebron in a shooting slump that is pretty impressive how he can impact nearly every play on both sides of the court.

koreancabbage
05-21-2015, 06:54 AM

lol will be his last? wtf are you guys drinking? He doesn't have to be as dominant if Irving and Love were injured. Like you said before, you have to have help to win a championship. I would be surprised if they won the championship with a hobbled Irving and Love out though. Shump/JR will have to play like Curry and Klay for them to have a chance IMO - that being they need some reliable scorers that James can rely on to get baskets.

You're right that people will be surprised if the Cavs win against this Warriors team (only thing I can see them choking is based off inexperience - ala Durant and co when they faced off James in 2012)

But the East is forgiving enough Lebron can have multiple chances to win a ring in the near future. Most of you guys hold a grudge that Lebron plays in the East but complain the league is out of balance.