PDA

View Full Version : CP3 for Russell Westbrook

FlashBolt
05-19-2015, 10:36 PM
Thinking down the line, I don't think Russ can achieve his maximum potential in OKC along with KD. CP3 definitely fits with OKC 100%. Russ and Blake are going to be really scary on the fastbreak. If it comes down to it, who wins in this scenario and would you do it?

FOXHOUND
05-19-2015, 10:37 PM
If I'm OKC I respectively decline. Westbrook is already better than Paul, IMO.

FlashBolt
05-19-2015, 10:38 PM

In terms of stats, sure. Not in terms of their fit. I love Westbrook but I love me some KD more and with Paul, I think we can get to the Finals next season.

Bostonjorge
05-19-2015, 10:42 PM
Makes a lot of sense for both teams. I agree Westbrook is most likely better but Paul is still a super star.

Clippers get the better player maybe.

OKC gets a player who will make the others better especially the bigs.

FOXHOUND
05-19-2015, 10:43 PM
I don't know what it is about Paul, but it just seems like for whatever reason he/his teams just can't get it done when it matters. There really is no excuse for the Clippers failing to reach at least the WCF since he's been there, especially this year when they were up 3-1 and went into the 4th up 14 in game 6.

Blake averaged 24-12-6 in the postseason, Jordan 13-13, Redick is good, etc. Team may be lacking in depth, but it has SO much talent. Paul puts up super pretty numbers, very efficient and all that, but it just doesn't seem to work out for him.

I think OKC has a plenty good chance to get to the Finals next season with Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka and now Kanter the others. They just need to stop this merry go round of postseason injuries they've endured the past three seasons.

FlashBolt
05-19-2015, 10:44 PM
The way I see it, CP3 was screwed because his team couldn't score a lick the last two games. That doesn't happen with KD on his squad. Plus, RW has screwed us many times by taking ill advised shots; mainly those from the three point line. CP3 won't be doing that at all. Don't think we'll lose much in terms of chemistry. CP3 can play well with anyone.

KnicksorBust
05-19-2015, 10:45 PM
I would love them to trade Westbrook but OKC can't entertain this offer because of the age of both players.

Russ = 26
CP3 = 30

FlashBolt
05-19-2015, 10:47 PM
I would love them to trade Westbrook but OKC can't entertain this offer because of the age of both players.

Russ = 26
CP3 = 30

CP3 has a Jason Kidd/Steve Nash type of game, though. His longevity will not be in question. Russ is younger and is LeBron-like durable but again, his style won't fit us as effective as CP3.

THE MTL
05-19-2015, 10:47 PM
That would work for both teams.

More-Than-Most
05-19-2015, 10:58 PM

ahaha westy better than paul? you honestly believe this?

FOXHOUND
05-19-2015, 11:00 PM
The way I see it, CP3 was screwed because his team couldn't score a lick the last two games. That doesn't happen with KD on his squad. Plus, RW has screwed us many times by taking ill advised shots; mainly those from the three point line. CP3 won't be doing that at all. Don't think we'll lose much in terms of chemistry. CP3 can play well with anyone.

Definitely a fair point, Westbrook is a double edged sword at times for sure.

FlashBolt
05-19-2015, 11:01 PM

It honestly depends on what you're looking for. I think they are comparable in terms of impact on a crappy team but if I'm looking for a player for OKC's current situation or for a competitor, I want CP3. No doubt in my mind Westbrook could carry a bad team better than CP3. Just the fact that his play won't translate as well in a superstar-superstar duo.

FOXHOUND
05-19-2015, 11:03 PM

Yup.

jerellh528
05-19-2015, 11:15 PM

It's almost a toss up at this point. It's really a style preference, but I would consider their impact pretty similar depending on if you need a scorer primarily or a facilitator, both are good at doing both though.

slaker619
05-19-2015, 11:59 PM
Not happening point blank especially after Westbrook last season

FlashBolt
05-20-2015, 12:06 AM

It might happen and I would certainly do it if I'm Presti. If Clippers want DeAndre and if there was indeed some tension, you should make that trade. That athleticism in LAC would be historic. Blake, Westbrook, DeAndre? Works for both sides IMO. Only issue might be that KD's friendship with Westbrook might cause him to leave.

Cracka2HI!
05-20-2015, 12:21 AM
I thought OKC and NO were dumb not to think of this 3 years ago. It's tough to say I would trade Paul but for a 26 year old Westbrook I might do it. Paul seems to rub Blake and I guess DeAndre the wrong way. Wouldn't it be crazy if Westy was a better locker room guy than CP3?

Shammyguy3
05-20-2015, 12:22 AM
wish this happened a couple years ago, it's too late now I think

More-Than-Most
05-20-2015, 12:28 AM
Does nobody factor in defense or turnovers? Which CP3 is miles ahead of Westy at? Like saying it is close is disrespectful...Westy had a great year but this year he wasnt better than cp3... Cp3 has literally been better than him on both sides of the ball every year up to this point with it being close this year but not as close as some of you are making it

FlashBolt
05-20-2015, 12:30 AM
Does nobody factor in defense or turnovers? Which CP3 is miles ahead of Westy at? Like saying it is close is disrespectful...Westy had a great year but this year he wasnt better than cp3... Cp3 has literally been better than him on both sides of the ball every year up to this point with it being close this year but not as close as some of you are making it

?Westbrook's defense is pretty good. Granted, not CP3 defense but you get the good and the bad with every player.

More-Than-Most
05-20-2015, 01:17 AM
?Westbrook's defense is pretty good. Granted, not CP3 defense but you get the good and the bad with every player.

I dont disagree and never said westy was a bad defender... If people are gonna say he is on someones level they need to look at the entire package and westy isnt a bad defender but CP3 is a great defender and he had 2 turnovers less per game while having more assists which is also huge... Westy had more ppg but everything else is in favor of CP3 and it isnt close... On top of all of that everyone speaks about cp3 not being able to carry the load but westy without durant has the thunders with a putrid record.

In no way shape or form is westy on cp3 level... My god people underrate him on this site.

Cracka2HI!
05-20-2015, 02:07 AM
I'm starting to warm up to this idea for the Clippers. Paul is obviously still the better player imo and hopefully could bring in a couple other pieces like maybe Perry Jones and Jeremy Lamb. They are little used on the Thunder but would be 8th and 9th men on the Clipps bench. It makes some sense for both team. It makes more sense for the Clippers if Jordan would leave with CP3 and stay with Westy.

Minimal
05-20-2015, 02:26 AM
If I'm OKC its a no no.

Dade County
05-20-2015, 03:25 AM

This...

West & KD can win rings together, they just have a little bad luck right now lol

Scoots
05-20-2015, 11:46 AM
If I'm the Clippers I jump at this move ... and I think it would actually be good for OKC in the short term. But no, I can't see OKC making the deal.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-20-2015, 12:40 PM
Thinking down the line, I don't think Russ can achieve his maximum potential in OKC along with KD. CP3 definitely fits with OKC 100%. Russ and Blake are going to be really scary on the fastbreak. If it comes down to it, who wins in this scenario and would you do it?

Clippers, west is better as of today.

Ty Fast
05-20-2015, 01:14 PM
that's actually an interesting trade.

Chronz
05-20-2015, 02:19 PM
similar impact but we get younger, why wouldnt the clips do that? i just dont see y okc would . i actually think we would have a better shot at adding durant for blake given their contracts, in terms of fit, there would be much less overlap between cp3, durant, and dj.

as for cp3 n rwb

that sounds like a poor shooting mix and i would anticipate a dropoff offensively. clips dont need offense more than they need defensive improvement. i dont think cp3 is the issue considering hes their best 2 way guy. clips just need depth moves , they were clearly exhausted and it showed in blakes defensive effort. i see now why he wanted cp3 back asap.

Chronz
05-20-2015, 02:24 PM

i never saw pretty good defense, just a guy who looks to take pressure off his teammates. i think grabbing him next to blake would allow him to run the offense the way he likes, might bring out the best in blake.

Chronz
05-20-2015, 02:28 PM
I dont disagree and never said westy was a bad defender... If people are gonna say he is on someones level they need to look at the entire package and westy isnt a bad defender but CP3 is a great defender and he had 2 turnovers less per game while having more assists which is also huge... Westy had more ppg but everything else is in favor of CP3 and it isnt close... On top of all of that everyone speaks about cp3 not being able to carry the load but westy without durant has the thunders with a putrid record.

In no way shape or form is westy on cp3 level... My god people underrate him on this site.

youth is king tho, you can argue superiority for one or the, and i agree with you that cp3 had the better year, but you cant argue that cp3 will remain the better player moving forward

Ty22Mitchell
05-20-2015, 03:07 PM
This...

West & KD can win rings together, they just have a little bad luck right now lol

I agree in theory, but in reality they're not even close. At some point Presti and Rivers need to come to grips with the fact their superstar nuclei aren't going to win a championship as currently constituted. How long as each team been together, four years? I'm not saying they need to make this trade, but both teams are very close to being labeled, "regular season winners (55-60 win teams with no championship potential)". Imo, Chris, Russell, and Kevin are also very close being labeled "Nash, Malone, Barkley, Kemp, Payton, etc." Some people just never learn HOW to win.

curtcocaine
05-20-2015, 03:20 PM
Out with young in with the old? Unfortunately CP3 will e starting his decline soon

Chronz
05-20-2015, 03:54 PM
I agree in theory, but in reality they're not even close. At some point Presti and Rivers need to come to grips with the fact their superstar nuclei aren't going to win a championship as currently constituted. How long as each team been together, four years? I'm not saying they need to make this trade, but both teams are very close to being labeled, "regular season winners (55-60 win teams with no championship potential)". Imo, Chris, Russell, and Kevin are also very close being labeled "Nash, Malone, Barkley, Kemp, Payton, etc." Some people just never learn HOW to win.

lol you can win a title with ur best player being far inferior to these guys. funny how those players "learn how to win" yet rarely win more than once. wat happened , did they suddenly forget how to win once their teammates declined? if ur winning 55 games, u always have chip potential

Ty22Mitchell
05-20-2015, 05:08 PM
lol you can win a title with ur best player being far inferior to these guys. funny how those players "learn how to win" yet rarely win more than once. wat happened , did they suddenly forget how to win once their teammates declined? if ur winning 55 games, u always have chip potential

You had me beat but had to say "always." 06 Mavs, 72 Celts and several others didn't win championships after winning 55 + games. Anyway, I probably should 50 wins.

You can absolutely win championships with lesser players. My point is, you can only give a group of guys so much time. For example Eddie Jones and Shaq. You could have given those two more years. But Jerry West realized that wasn't a championship nucleus. You can drag things out and keep hoping for things to develop, but much pf the time they don't.

You don't forget how to win. There are a lot of guys (I don't want to say losers because it's disrespectful) out there who lost a hell of a lot of games in life, but are full of wisdom. There is a timeline for learning how to win. You HAVE TO DO SO BEFORE YOUR PHYSICAL TALENTS START TO SIGNIFICANTLY DIMINISH.

Saddletramp
05-20-2015, 05:54 PM

So you're saying the Thunder would win the trade. Not surprising.

Method28
05-20-2015, 06:06 PM
I feel it'd be an interesting trade for both sides. Although I think the Thunder would have a better shot at a title. I think this trade just gives the Clippers more flash and even less substance.

More-Than-Most
05-20-2015, 10:29 PM
youth is king tho, you can argue superiority for one or the, and i agree with you that cp3 had the better year, but you cant argue that cp3 will remain the better player moving forward

Agreed