PDA

View Full Version : What should knicks do with #4 pick?

FriedTofuz
05-19-2015, 09:21 PM
Obviously it's disappointing with a sure miss on okafor and towns but could the knicks still find a gem? how about trading the pick for a star to be melo's 2nd option?

KnicksorBust
05-19-2015, 09:23 PM
Trade Melo + cap filler to the Lakers for #2 and build around Mudiay-Towns

JNA17
05-19-2015, 09:25 PM

Hahaha. In your dreams man. XD

Jarvo
05-19-2015, 09:26 PM
Mudiay

Jarvo
05-19-2015, 09:26 PM

You guys are stuck with him til the end lol

HunterNRoss
05-19-2015, 09:27 PM
Mudiay

Seems like the likely option at 4.

KnicksorBust
05-19-2015, 09:29 PM
Hahaha. In your dreams man. XD

I agree it's a long-shot but Kobe loves Melo and it's not inconceivable that the Lakers want to make one more push at the end of Kobe's career.

KnicksorBust
05-19-2015, 09:31 PM
You guys are stuck with him til the end lol

I wouldn't feel stuck with him if we had other legit players to fill out our roster. I still think he's a top 15-20 player in the league when healthy. The problem last year was we were bad with him and without him we were the worst Knicks team in history.

HunterNRoss
05-19-2015, 09:32 PM
I agree it's a long-shot but Kobe loves Melo and it's not inconceivable that the Lakers want to make one more push at the end of Kobe's career.

I see lakers offering max deals to Gasol or Love as more likely then trading #2 for Melo although anything is possible.

NYKnickFanatic
05-19-2015, 09:39 PM
Trade it to the Kings for their 6 and Cousins.

:D

FriedTofuz
05-19-2015, 09:40 PM
trade the pick to toronto for derozan and the knicks 2016 pick back

TylerSL
05-19-2015, 09:46 PM
Call me crazy, I think the Knicks still come away with Jahlil Okafor

1. Minnesota Timberwolves-Karl-Anthony Towns
Towns/Wiggins become the faces of that franchise and a lineup of Rubio/LeVine/Wiggins/Towns/Pekovic isn't something to laugh at.

2. Los Angeles Lakers-D'Angelo Russell
Russell is, IMO, the best player in the draft. He will learn from Kobe Bryant and the Lakers will probably try to add a big man in Free Agency (Marc Gasol?) This would be a great first step for the Lakers to make it back to relevance.

3. Philadelphia 76ers-Emmanuel Mudiay
Losing out on Russell is disappointing for the 76ers, but Mudiay is a good consolation. Philadelphia is set in the big man department with Noel/Embiid next season so there is currently no room for Jahlil Okafor. Mudiay is a dynamic playmaker and passer, and is a good pick at #3.

4. New York Knicks-Jahlil Okafor
This pick won't come soon enough on draft night when the Knicks find Okafor still available. Getting Okafor at #4 will be a huge sigh of relief and the Knicks will have the Center position locked down for the future. The Knicks need a lot and will still need a lot more after the draft, but this will be a good first step.

KnicksorBust
05-19-2015, 09:46 PM
trade the pick to toronto for derozan and the knicks 2016 pick back

Wow that would be a nightmare.

Cal827
05-19-2015, 09:51 PM
They should go out for beers with him after the draft.

D-Leethal
05-19-2015, 09:51 PM
Keep the pick, take sloppy 4ths and hope and pray one of the top 3 teams ****s up and leaves us a franchise player.

JesusNYY_Savior
05-19-2015, 09:53 PM
Hope philly doesnt take Russell as Mudiay just doesnt fit the triangle

KnicksorBust
05-19-2015, 09:53 PM
Call me crazy, I think the Knicks still come away with Jahlil Okafor

1. Minnesota Timberwolves-Karl-Anthony Towns
Towns/Wiggins become the faces of that franchise and a lineup of Rubio/LeVine/Wiggins/Towns/Pekovic isn't something to laugh at.

2. Los Angeles Lakers-D'Angelo Russell
Russell is, IMO, the best player in the draft. He will learn from Kobe Bryant and the Lakers will probably try to add a big man in Free Agency (Marc Gasol?) This would be a great first step for the Lakers to make it back to relevance.

3. Philadelphia 76ers-Emmanuel Mudiay
Losing out on Russell is disappointing for the 76ers, but Mudiay is a good consolation. Philadelphia is set in the big man department with Noel/Embiid next season so there is currently no room for Jahlil Okafor. Mudiay is a dynamic playmaker and passer, and is a good pick at #3.

4. New York Knicks-Jahlil Okafor
This pick won't come soon enough on draft night when the Knicks find Okafor still available. Getting Okafor at #4 will be a huge sigh of relief and the Knicks will have the Center position locked down for the future. The Knicks need a lot and will still need a lot more after the draft, but this will be a good first step.

I hope you're a crazy genius. :)

FOXHOUND
05-19-2015, 10:35 PM

:hope:

ewing
05-19-2015, 11:03 PM
winston

PurpleJesus
05-19-2015, 11:06 PM
I feel the top 4 is already set in stone
1. Okafor
2. Towns
3. Russell
4. Mudiay

PurpleJesus
05-19-2015, 11:09 PM

There have been rumors for awhile now that Russell was going to be Philly's guy as long as they picked in the top 3, whether the pick was 1 2 or 3. But yeah, if you are a Knicks fan, no doubt you want Russell to fall one spot.

THE MTL
05-19-2015, 11:47 PM
Not trade it

KnicksorBust
05-19-2015, 11:50 PM
I feel the top 4 is already set in stone
1. Okafor
2. Towns
3. Russell
4. Mudiay

Wolves would have to trade Pek. Kobe won't be happy playing babysitter to a team of no vets with little immediate upside.

mike_noodles
05-20-2015, 12:23 AM
Would the Knicks do a Kyle Lowry and the 20th pick for the #4 or no?

Crackadalic
05-20-2015, 12:35 AM

Thats a horrible trade.

Ty Fast
05-20-2015, 12:43 AM

How bout Melo and 4 for Randall and 2

xxplayerxx23
05-20-2015, 12:50 AM
How bout Melo and 4 for Randall and 2

Pass

xxplayerxx23
05-20-2015, 12:51 AM

Nah

Bostonjorge
05-20-2015, 01:03 AM
Knicks getting mudiay. He had a good game against Marbury the Knicks best player all time.

Cal827
05-20-2015, 01:04 AM
Thats a horrible trade.

You didn't answer the question :laugh2:

All Jokes aside, I sure as hell hope they keep the pick. It's always more satisfying to develop your own pick. The last thing their poor fans need to hear is that they traded away a potential excellent prospect for a guy who'll decline in a couple years.

king4day
05-20-2015, 01:55 AM
I say, take the best player available between who's left of Okafor, Towns, Russel, and Mudiay.

If NY considers trading the pick, I'll give you the Morris twins and one of Knight (s/t) or Bledsoe for the pick and change.

Might be too much but I want the Suns to blow it up and stop playing the game of thinking they'll compete in the near future.

FriedTofuz
05-20-2015, 01:58 AM
I think the knicks are desparate to win now and they need to acquire at least an all-star player with their #4.
They should trade it for Demar Derozan + their 2016 Draft pick back from the Raptors. I think that's a good deal for both sides. Plus, with a healthy melo and derozan, it would entice a free agent to join NYK ( Aldrige, Gasol or Jordan).

I dont think any other team in the nba would offer anything better than what the raptors could propose.
Sure Derozan isnt worth a #4 pick but it's still a good trade, works well for both sides.

mike_noodles
05-20-2015, 08:35 AM
I think the knicks are desparate to win now and they need to acquire at least an all-star player with their #4.
They should trade it for Demar Derozan + their 2016 Draft pick back from the Raptors. I think that's a good deal for both sides. Plus, with a healthy melo and derozan, it would entice a free agent to join NYK ( Aldrige, Gasol or Jordan).

I dont think any other team in the nba would offer anything better than what the raptors could propose.
Sure Derozan isnt worth a #4 pick but it's still a good trade, works well for both sides.

I think that's an overpayment. If the Raps are gonna offer that, they better shop it to the 3 teams ahead of the Knicks first.

pebloemer
05-20-2015, 09:14 AM
I think that's an overpayment. If the Raps are gonna offer that, they better shop it to the 3 teams ahead of the Knicks first.

I don't think it is an overpayment. Definitely a risk trading away the Knicks 2016 first though. But Top 5 picks hold a ton of value. I'd even be willing to take Calderon's contract back in a deal like that to give the Knicks more flexibility in free agency.

The Knicks may have missed out on one of the consensus Top 3 guys, but they still have a very big asset with the 4th pick. I'm not convinced trading it is the best use of that asset. I think it really depends on how patient their front office is.

kpjets
05-20-2015, 09:30 AM
they better not trade the pick. I think one of Russel, winslow or Mudiay going to end up being the best player.

GiantsSwaGG
05-20-2015, 09:37 AM
Only team the Knicks should trade with is Sac or Denver, swap picks and add in either Ty Lawson or Cousins

GiantsSwaGG
05-20-2015, 09:38 AM

:laugh: no thanks, Yall can keep DeRozen. Would rather have Mudiay, Russell or Winslow

mike_noodles
05-20-2015, 09:46 AM
Only team the Knicks should trade with is Sac or Denver, swap picks and add in either Ty Lawson or Cousins

:laugh: Add in Cousins.

omdigga
05-20-2015, 09:53 AM
I hope the knicks dont trade this pick away. The top 5 are all going to be exciting to watch next season. I would roll the dice on Mudiay.

TheNumber37
05-20-2015, 09:56 AM

Phil nor Fish is under contract long enough to win a chip with those two as pillars right now

TheNumber37
05-20-2015, 09:59 AM
Knicks should wait and see who actually falls to them and then pine the effectiveness of Mudiay, Winslow (NOT THE INTERNATIONAL PLAYER, PLEASE - I don't see Melo helping there).

If they don't like it, trade down to Denver or Sac. Jose and the 4th pick for Ty Lawson (who wants out) and Denver's pick. You can do the same with Collison and Sacramento's pick.

With Either pick they should be able to get Stanley Johson or Will Caul Stein

BKLYNpigeon
05-20-2015, 10:09 AM
Knicks want to win right away.

Get Melo a PG or trade the pick for Demarcus Cousins.

crewfan13
05-20-2015, 10:12 AM
I guess I'm not in agreement with many on here that the top 4 is set in stone. I think Winslow could easily go top 3 and wouldn't at all be surprised if many teams have him above Mudiay. I've heard talk that there's at least one team near the top that really likes Porzingas, but given that the Knicks don't have their pick next year, I can't imagine they take a project. I actually think Winslow probably makes the most sense for the Knicks. He can come in and be a good player right away while still having a bunch of upside. If Okafor, Towns and Russell go top 3, then I think Winslow may make the most sense for them.

tp13baby
05-20-2015, 10:42 AM
Knicks should wait and see who actually falls to them and then pine the effectiveness of Mudiay, Winslow (NOT THE INTERNATIONAL PLAYER, PLEASE - I don't see Melo helping there).

If they don't like it, trade down to Denver or Sac. Jose and the 4th pick for Ty Lawson (who wants out) and Denver's pick. You can do the same with Collison and Sacramento's pick.

With Either pick they should be able to get Stanley Johson or Will Caul Stein

If you think Lawson is only worth to trade up two spots I think you will be disappointed. He has a ton more value than that.

tp13baby
05-20-2015, 10:43 AM
Knicks want to win right away.

Get Melo a PG or trade the pick for Demarcus Cousins.

Personally I think he is worth more than that. I think Boston has a ton more to offer.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-20-2015, 12:41 PM

We don't want melo. He can rot in New York

LakerShow
05-20-2015, 12:55 PM

Drunk man's dreams. No way that happens. :laugh2:

InRoseWeTrust
05-20-2015, 01:09 PM
Dangle it in a deal for Cousins.

Bostonjorge
05-20-2015, 01:12 PM
Winslow is who they should draft.

dalton749
05-20-2015, 04:55 PM
The raptors will likely be very active on draft day and have a bunch of assets to trade with the Knicks. NY has to be good next year because they don't have their 2016 pick, and can't afford to miss on a guy.
Lowry, Ross, 20 or their pick next year back could work for them giving Melo an all star pg in his prime(his Chauncey) a shooter in Ross who still has potential, and then they can go after their big man in free agency and get back to contending.
Or derozan straight up can be a good #2 guy beside Melo which is likely better value than taking their chances on the pick

Kyben36
05-20-2015, 05:25 PM

Townes goes #1, higher potential better defense,and i dont think lakers want melo.

GiantsSwaGG
05-20-2015, 05:46 PM
The raptors will likely be very active on draft day and have a bunch of assets to trade with the Knicks. NY has to be good next year because they don't have their 2016 pick, and can't afford to miss on a guy.
Lowry, Ross, 20 or their pick next year back could work for them giving Melo an all star pg in his prime(his Chauncey) a shooter in Ross who still has potential, and then they can go after their big man in free agency and get back to contending.
Or derozan straight up can be a good #2 guy beside Melo which is likely better value than taking their chances on the pick

We don't want Lowry, or Ross. No thanks!

stambrose84
05-20-2015, 06:01 PM
how about Jo and Snelly cat from bulls and #22
for 4?

FraziersKnicks
05-20-2015, 06:17 PM
how about Jo and Snelly cat from bulls and #22
for 4?

Absolutely no chance. Joakim is a shell of himself, Tony Snell is a mediocre bench player and that #22 wouldn't mean a huge amount. Any trade with the Bulls for that pick starts and ends around a Jimmy Butler sign and trade which we both know isn't gonna happen.

I liked king4day's offer. I would seriously consider Bledsoe and the Morris twins for the pick. Then throw all our money at Marc Gasol.

PG: Eric Bledsoe
SG: Tim Hardaway Jr.
SF: Carmelo Anthony
PF: Markieff Morris
C: Marc Gasol

Pipe dream, but damn that team would be good.

Mr.B
05-22-2015, 02:46 PM
Obviously it's disappointing with a sure miss on okafor and towns but could the knicks still find a gem? how about trading the pick for a star to be melo's 2nd option?

Trade it to the Mavs for Tyson, Amare, and Felton

NYKnickFanatic
05-22-2015, 02:58 PM
We don't want melo. He can rot in New York

Well they were sure trying to sign him when he was a free agent. Kobe wanted him as well, so I guess you guys did want him. ;)

bucketss
05-22-2015, 03:06 PM

add in cousins made me chuckle, as if he isn't one of the top big men the league. sac aint that dumb to trade cousins for mudiay loool

Dade County
05-22-2015, 03:07 PM
If the knicks can't get another star player in free agency (or can't make any trades for one); I can see them trading Melo (most likely to the HEAT).

I know most Miami fans wouldn't want this; but I can see Pat going for this, if he also strikes out. They would somehow have to make the numbers work.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-22-2015, 03:10 PM
Dolan will trade the pick for Ross and Lowry.

Bostonjorge
05-22-2015, 03:27 PM
Knicks will never be any good anyways. Knicks and sixers are the two biggest jokes. Draft Winslow.

NYKnickFanatic
05-22-2015, 03:35 PM
If the knicks can't get another star player in free agency (or can't make any trades for one); I can see them trading Melo (most likely to the HEAT).

I know most Miami fans wouldn't want this; but I can see Pat going for this, if he also strikes out. They would somehow have to make the numbers work.

Melo has a no trade clause. Who knows if he would want to go to Miami.

Dade County
05-22-2015, 05:12 PM
Melo has a no trade clause. Who knows if he would want to go to Miami.

I think thats the only team he would 100% have no problem be trading too. The next, would be the Clippers.

I really see the Knicks starting over, as soon as the majority of the star players they go after, start to sign with other teams.

It would give Phil more time to build this team.

xxplayerxx23
05-22-2015, 05:19 PM
What could Miami even give for melo lol

Dade County
05-22-2015, 05:40 PM
What could Miami even give for melo lol

The 10th pick & crap lol

edit*

I don't see Pat trading Whiteside & the 10th.

But Phil can't go into next year with Melo & fillers... If he can't land anyone he should go young. But Melo has to agree on any trade.

Only teams I can see him going to are...

Miami, Clippers & Houston.

GiantsSwaGG
05-22-2015, 05:43 PM

Whiteside & #10 pick

Corey
05-22-2015, 09:49 PM
People have been talking about the celtics but I dont see it.

#16, #28, Sullinger, future first? Idk

GiantsSwaGG
05-22-2015, 09:52 PM
People have been talking about the celtics but I dont see it.

#16, #28, Sullinger, future first? Idk

Chill

Bruno
05-22-2015, 10:02 PM
the Knicks should draft Muiday and be excited about it. I think you keep Melo and pair Muiday with him. The Knicks can't afford to trade Melo now and tank for rebuilding purposes because like the Lakers , the Knicks don't have a 2016 first round pick. so you can't just tank next season if you're NY.

Corey
05-22-2015, 11:57 PM
Chill

Similar crap has been sticking to walls on different Celtic fan sites

Munkeysuit
05-23-2015, 03:34 AM
Melo and #4 pick to LA Clippers for Blake and JJ Reddick.

FriedTofuz
05-24-2015, 02:51 AM
trade it