PDA

View Full Version : What should Lakers do with #2?

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Iron24th
05-25-2015, 04:57 AM
Let's be real, both were trash. Lin is like a better Nick Young, he's good 2/10 games...with 2 of those games being trash teams. While Young is good 1/25 games.

Hell, I don't want Lin back just so his fans can finally go away. They are even worse than Tebow fans.

Exactly, both were trash.

SenileStern
05-25-2015, 05:41 AM
I would keep Lin for small money, but Boozer not even for the minimum. Boozer, Young and Hill embarrassed the Lakers with their post game interview celebration vs the Celtics, time to get rid of this trash. Of course nobody will accept Young in a trade after what he's done last season...

JNA17
05-25-2015, 01:47 PM
We'll see -- Minnesota likes Okafor a lot.

https://mobile.twitter.com/stevekylerNBA/statuses/602889311659433984

Flip did compare Okafor to Duncan. It's looking more and more like Okafor to Minny and Towns to LA by the day.

PraiseJesus
05-25-2015, 02:34 PM
Kevin Durant's Freshman Numbers:

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/kevin-durant-1.html#players_per_game::none

DLO's freshman #s:

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/dangelo-russell-1.html#players_per_game::none

DLO shoot a higher % from 3 with 5 times as many assists as Durant.

Durant should of been#1 in his draft and so should DLO

Lakers better not pass on this guy - I will be irrate

jerellh528
05-25-2015, 03:10 PM

Flip did compare Okafor to Duncan. It's looking more and more like Okafor to Minny and Towns to LA by the day.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=357605

I wonder if this would influence their decision to draft towns over oak

KnicksorBust
05-25-2015, 06:25 PM
Towns is too small to play center in the NBA. I'd like to see them take Okafor down the line or trade this pick down. Lakers biggest issue is clearly Kobe. Do they want to sacrifice and try to compete now or rebuild? You can't do both with Kobe there. If I'm the Lakers, I look to trade that pick because quite frankly, they don't need it. Lakers gotta get rid of the laughing stock in their roster. Nick Young is a joke and should be out of the league. Dude sucks and swears he's a legend. Jordan Hill should be let go, not worth that money. LaMarcus might be a good option along with Deng.

Deng
Kobe
LaMarcus
Clarkson
Okafor

Plus that pick could definitely get you a big name in a trade if you want.. Looking good for LAL.

Anyone remember when Deng and Kobe were going to be the next MJ-Scottie and that trade with the baby bulls never happened?

KnicksorBust
05-25-2015, 06:27 PM

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=357605

I wonder if this would influence their decision to draft towns over oak

If true Okafor is such a punk. Ungrateful *******s who try and force their way to teams as rooks.

MTar786
05-25-2015, 06:53 PM
i hope we get russell

KnicksorBust
05-25-2015, 06:55 PM
i hope we get russell

Do you think Russell will be a better player than Melo?

LakerShow
05-25-2015, 06:55 PM
If true Okafor is such a punk. Ungrateful *******s who try and force their way to teams as rooks.

That's because la is the place to be. Our name speaks for itself.

KnicksorBust
05-25-2015, 06:58 PM

That's because la is the place to be. Our name speaks for itself.

do you think he would rather go to lal or lac?

LakerShow
05-25-2015, 07:07 PM

Oh forgot about that other team. :p

Lake show baby.

KnicksorBust
05-25-2015, 07:14 PM

Lake show baby.

Do you care if its Towns or Okafor?

LakerShow
05-25-2015, 07:28 PM

I been liking towns for quite some time now. He can shoot really good for a big guy, and plays some good D. Athletic to some sorts.

Okafor has a great low post game. Superb footwork, better than alot of vets could ever wish they had. but his defense, it can improve considering he's really young. Just that, I don't see him being that much playing at C. He's sorta undersized, more of a pf. That's the only knock I got on him that I question.

KnicksorBust
05-25-2015, 07:30 PM

I been liking towns for quite some time now. He can shoot really good for a big guy, and plays some good D. Athletic to some sorts.

Okafor has a great low post game. Superb footwork, better than alot of vets could ever wish they had. but his defense, it can improve considering he's really young. Just that, I don't see him being that much playing at C. He's sorta undersized, more of a pf. That's the only knock I got on him that I question.

What if they took Deangelo Russell?

flea
05-25-2015, 07:36 PM

He's got much better size and length than Towns...

jerryred
05-25-2015, 07:39 PM
i don't care who its is, they both will be good players

PG: Goran Dragic/ Andrew Harrison
SG: Jordan Clarkson/ Rj Hunter
SF: Kobe Bryant/ Nick young
PF: Juluis Randle/ Ryan Kelly
C: Karl Towns/ Tarik Black

LakerShow
05-25-2015, 07:39 PM
What if they took Deangelo Russell?

I would not have a problem. In fact I like him a lot.
He reminds me....of a harden type player, though, He can pass the rock better. Really good shooter too. One thing that I could say about him that I truly value in my book the most is, high iq. That triumphs so many other abilities. To say, when a player lacks athletic ability.

There's days I start leaning towards one player, other days, it's a different one. Lol. It's all between, towns, oka, and Russell.

Glad I don't have to make the final decision. I trust the FO.

jerellh528
05-25-2015, 07:40 PM

With okafor I see a legit NBA center.

LakerShow
05-25-2015, 07:46 PM
He's got much better size and length than Towns...

Are you referring to wing span. Because towns is measured at 7 feet. While oka is 6 11.

LakerShow
05-25-2015, 07:48 PM
With okafor I see a legit NBA center.

Only time will tell. If we get him, hopefully your right.

flea
05-25-2015, 07:56 PM
Are you referring to wing span. Because towns is measured at 7 feet. While oka is 6 11.

Wingspan and frame/strength. Who cares about a difference of maybe .75-1 inch of height when Okafor's length and frame are so much greater. I think there should be legitimate questions as to whether Towns can play center full-time, or whether he'll be 4 in the mold of Ibaka.

JNA17
05-25-2015, 07:59 PM

I guess Curry is a ***** for not wanting the Warriors to draft him and pushed himself so hard to be on the Knicks. Or Eli Manning wanting to be traded from the Chargers on draft day.

JNA17
05-25-2015, 08:00 PM
Twolves reporter:

JerryZgoda: @Twolvesfan2002 @RealWilliamCarr at this point, i'd say 60% JO, 35% KAT, 5% percent trade but better chance they make complementary trade

GREATNESS ONE
05-25-2015, 08:00 PM
Saw this posted in another forum.

Holy ****! 0_0

Yep, give me Oak Tree!

KnicksorBust
05-25-2015, 08:02 PM

Wingspan and frame/strength. Who cares about a difference of maybe .75-1 inch of height when Okafor's length and frame are so much greater. I think there should be legitimate questions as to whether Towns can play center full-time, or whether he'll be 4 in the mold of Ibaka.

But Ibaka logs min @ C. Guys like Horford, Ibaka, etc may be true PFs but they play C in this modern era. With a limitted amount of post players and a lot more stretch bigs its more important that your big is athletic and can guard PnR than if he is 7' 240lbs.

2-ONE-5
05-25-2015, 08:10 PM
Kevin Durant's Freshman Numbers:

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/kevin-durant-1.html#players_per_game::none

DLO's freshman #s:

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/dangelo-russell-1.html#players_per_game::none

DLO shoot a higher % from 3 with 5 times as many assists as Durant.

Durant should of been#1 in his draft and so should DLO

Lakers better not pass on this guy - I will be irrate

lol you are gonna be so mad when they take a big i cant wait to laugh at you

GREATNESS ONE
05-25-2015, 08:11 PM

Lake show baby.

There's another team in LA????? :confused:

GREATNESS ONE
05-25-2015, 08:12 PM
lol you are gonna be so mad when they take a big i cant wait to laugh at you

He's already mad now 😂

flea
05-25-2015, 08:22 PM
But Ibaka logs min @ C. Guys like Horford, Ibaka, etc may be true PFs but they play C in this modern era. With a limitted amount of post players and a lot more stretch bigs its more important that your big is athletic and can guard PnR than if he is 7' 240lbs.

Sure they can do it, just like many SFs can play PF. But you give up size, and in the case of Ibaka, rebounding and finishing ability. Horford is the same, he's a solid rebounder but he's nearly always outsized. Horford and Ibaka both have good strength though, and Horford is a very fundamentally sound player. Towns doesn't have NBA strength yet - maybe he can put some weight on and still play his game, maybe not. That's why they are projections.

Same thing with Anthony Davis coming out, only different questions. He had great length but not a great frame and was very lacking in strength. He will play C some his whole career but he really should play next to a big man most of the time. He's not a Tim Duncan-type where it doesn't matter what you put him with.

JNA17
05-25-2015, 08:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsPf5NrGYDc

^ Like Anthony Davis, Towns played as a point guard in High School.

Kentucky runs a very strict system that players have to buy into, that limits their full capabilities. Julius Randle and Karl Anthony Towns are very good examples of this.

I think IMO we will see more of high school Towns than college Towns. I don't mean him playing point guard of course, I mean showing off more of his athleticism and his passing game.

LakerShow
05-25-2015, 09:15 PM
There's another team in LA????? :confused:

The toe nail clippers. :)

LakerShow
05-25-2015, 09:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsPf5NrGYDc

^ Like Anthony Davis, Towns played as a point guard in High School.

Kentucky runs a very strict system that players have to buy into, that limits their full capabilities. Julius Randle and Karl Anthony Towns are very good examples of this.

I think IMO we will see more of high school Towns than college Towns. I don't mean him playing point guard of course, I mean showing off more of his athleticism and his passing game.

Those are attributes that the traditional c don't do. :drool:

They are going to be tested in the next level.

Bruno
05-25-2015, 10:02 PM
theres actually footage of Townes guarding Anthony Davis on youtube, from either the olympics or summer games. townes is two years younger and it shows, but its interesting. Davis certainly has the edge from a length and agility perspective. call me crazy but when I see Townes I see a combination of Rasheed Wallace (less range as of now) and DeAndre Jordan. which is pretty amazing.

JNA17
05-25-2015, 10:27 PM
theres actually footage of Townes guarding Anthony Davis on youtube, from either the olympics or summer games. townes is two years younger and it shows, but its interesting. Davis certainly has the edge from a length and agility perspective. call me crazy but when I see Townes I see a combination of Rasheed Wallace (less range as of now) and DeAndre Jordan. which is pretty amazing.

Correct.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=mLOQWTaD7i0

Mave1002
05-25-2015, 11:54 PM
I think I finally have it figured out: What should the Lakers do with #2?

1.) GO Jahlil Okafor

2.) Go after Miles Plumlee - http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=n86ksva

LAL in: Plumlee, Ennis, and #46 via Bucks [Rakeem Christmas]
MIL in: Young, Kelly, #27 and #34 via Lakers

Deal's basically for both of our picks.

3.) Decline Jordan Hill's option [that means $23M capspace]
4.) Offer $10M each to get both Khris Middleton and Tobias Harris
5.) Remainder of the cap [$3M], offer it to Jae Crowder or John Jenkins (solid Kobe back-ups)
6.) Draft Rakeem Christmas @ #46 to solidify the frontline and Retain the mob squad

Tip-off:

[B]Okafor-Plumlee
Randle-Black-Christmas
Harris-Middleton
Kobe-Crowder-Brown
Clarkson-Ennis-Buycks

-Gives the team a young, and the most well-balanced front court in recent years.
[Solid, defensive-minded bigs behind the Okafor-Randle duo]

-Solves the problem of the SF position (at $10M, I doubt that Orlando and Milwaukee matches)
[Can even play small ball Clarkson-Crowder-Middleton-Harris-Okafor]

Blink
05-26-2015, 05:48 AM

1.) GO Jahlil Okafor

2.) Go after Miles Plumlee - http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=n86ksva

5.) Remainder of the cap [$3M], offer it to Jae Crowder or John Jenkins (solid Kobe back-ups)
6.) Draft Rakeem Christmas @ #46 to solidify the frontline and Retain the mob squad

Tip-off:

[B]Okafor-Plumlee
Randle-Black-Christmas
Harris-Middleton
Kobe-Crowder-Brown
Clarkson-Ennis-Buycks

-Gives the team a young, and the most well-balanced front court in recent years.

-Solves the problem of the SF position (at $10M, I doubt that Orlando and Milwaukee matches)

Lol Middleton & Harris are gonna get well over 10 per.

Crowder will get more than 3.

Teams are also very interested in Christmas and no way he is there at #46

Mave1002
05-26-2015, 06:00 AM
Lol Middleton & Harris are gonna get well over 10 per.

Crowder will get more than 3.

Teams are also very interested in Christmas and no way he is there at #46

1.) Do correct me if I'm wrong [players with 6 or fewer years of experience is at the maximum of $25% of the teams $XXXM salary cap of 2015-2016?]

In the case of the Lakers, I think it's around $36M+ inclusive of Kobe's.

2.) Watch Boston pay somebody else instead of Crowder come the off-season

3.) Rakeem Christmas is a bonus, the suggested frontcourt above is pretty much set [should the team be fortunate enough.]

DillyDill
05-26-2015, 05:49 PM
1.) Do correct me if I'm wrong [players with 6 or fewer years of experience is at the maximum of $25% of the teams $XXXM salary cap of 2015-2016?]

In the case of the Lakers, I think it's around $36M+ inclusive of Kobe's.

2.) Watch Boston pay somebody else instead of Crowder come the off-season

3.) Rakeem Christmas is a bonus, the suggested frontcourt above is pretty much set [should the team be fortunate enough.]
Love you're scouting bout doubt we get either SF because restricted. And what bout Rob Upshaw over Christmas?

PraiseJesus
05-26-2015, 05:52 PM
Charles Barkley: ‘D’Angelo Russell Is The Best Player In The Draft’

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2015/05/26/charles-barkley-dangelo-russell-is-the-best-player-in-the-draft/

JNA17
05-26-2015, 06:30 PM
Love you're scouting bout doubt we get either SF because restricted. And what bout Rob Upshaw over Christmas?

Upshaw has lottery pick talent. I think he will move out of our range IMO. The only reason he's projected 25 at the moment is his drug problems.

Christmas is a good choice for the 34th pick though.

Bruno
05-26-2015, 07:21 PM

1.) GO Jahlil Okafor

Tip-off:

[B]Okafor-Plumlee
Randle-Black-Christmas
Harris-Middleton
Kobe-Crowder-Brown
Clarkson-Ennis-Buycks

I like the philosophy behind the wing the ideas. I think Harris will command a bigger price than were willing to pay, and he's restricted. I like the same idea but offering the money to Danny Green and Khris Middleton. I think middleton is a more ideal fit at SF than Harris, and Green could come cheaper than Harris, while having the ability to slide over and back up or start in place of Kobe; Harris with Middleton and Randle might be too clustery. might be smart to go after two SFs like you're saying, but if we go after one unrestricted in green instead of two, we might improve our odds of walking away with at least one of them. I also like the Christmas idea and have seen him fall to LAL in some mocks. Rather than trade the later picks for Ennis and Plumlee, I think a 3/D wing like Justin Anderson or Rashad Vaughn would be nice at #27, just incase we aren't fortunate enough to land two 3/Ds in free agency (like Middleton and Green). if LAL can only get one veteran at that position, we should develop one with #27.

PraiseJesus
05-26-2015, 07:26 PM
According to Lakers Nation reporter Serena Winters, Scott was recently asked about the prospect of Los Angeles taking one of the two centers in an interview with Jim Rome on his radio show. Coach Scott responded with high praise for point guard D’Angelo Russell out of Ohio State:

http://www.lakersnation.com/byron-scott-talks-dangelo-russell-no-pressure-to-take-big-at-no-2/2015/05/26/

Mave1002
05-26-2015, 10:36 PM
I like the philosophy behind the wing the ideas. I think Harris will command a bigger price than were willing to pay, and he's restricted. I like the same idea but offering the money to Danny Green and Khris Middleton. I think middleton is a more ideal fit at SF than Harris, and Green could come cheaper than Harris, while having the ability to slide over and back up or start in place of Kobe; Harris with Middleton and Randle might be too clustery. might be smart to go after two SFs like you're saying, but if we go after one unrestricted in green instead of two, we might improve our odds of walking away with at least one of them. I also like the Christmas idea and have seen him fall to LAL in some mocks. Rather than trade the later picks for Ennis and Plumlee, I think a 3/D wing like Justin Anderson or Rashad Vaughn would be nice at #27, just incase we aren't fortunate enough to land two 3/Ds in free agency (like Middleton and Green). if LAL can only get one veteran at that position, we should develop one with #27.

Getting 2/3 [Harris-Middleton-Green] would be a jackpot. How much do you think will Middleton and D.Green will be commanding?

Id say at least $10M and $8M, respectively. I also agree that a Kobe-Green-Brown-Middleton rotation would be fine due to the fact that Green can play 2 positions.

But I duno man, I really like the idea of having Plumlee in LA. Id like him to be THAT third guy behind our starting frontline. He seems like a really nice role player. I loved the Bynum-PAU-LO rotation. I wish the Lakers would try to do the same, should they draft Okafor, especially.

With Tarik Black as a solid Randle back-up, it would be the perfect way to solidify a young, promising frontline.

Otherwise - $23M team budget [Okafor]:

Ed Davis to $5M
Danny Green to $8M
Khris Middleton to $10M
Picks 27th + 34th packaged for either Justin Anderson or Tyus Jones

Okafor-Black
Randle-Davis
Middleton-Green
Kobe-Brown
Clarkson-Jones

Id go Tyus Jones for a couple of reasons:

1.) Serves as a solid back-up for Jordan Clarkson
2.) Perfect compliment for Jahlil Okafor

$23M team budget [KAT]:

*27+34 for Justin Anderson
*trade Nick Young and Ryan Kelly for the drafting team of A.Harrison [late 2nd]

KAT-Black
Randle-Davis
Middleton-Green
Kobe-J.Anderson-Brown
Clarkson-Harrison-Buycks

Mave1002
05-27-2015, 02:15 AM

1.) Between Milwaukee and Orlando, I really cant see the former matching $10M-beyond.
2.) Christmas over Upshaw - he can play 2 positions, and he stayed to finish his senior year

Stunner
05-27-2015, 10:49 AM
@HaynesTheWriter: 4-50 for Carroll http://t.co/QYo1nEJlCM

JNA17
05-28-2015, 12:40 AM
CJ Moore – ‏@CJMooreBR

Scout said he doesn't believe Mudiay is a Rose/Wall level athlete. Poor shooter. No true position. "Doesn't understand team concepts well."

CJ Moore – ‏@CJMooreBR
Been doing some NBA draft stuff and heard some interesting thoughts from a scout today on Mudiay. Said his floor is "so f***ing low."

Mudiay's draft stock is gonna take a huge hit. Probably 8th or 9th pick if even. Been telling people Mudiay=Exum. He has bust written all over him and he will be out of the league in a few years tops.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-28-2015, 12:45 AM
Russell will be the best player in the draft but he's going to be buried behind Kobe so draft Okafor.

PraiseJesus
05-28-2015, 02:12 AM
Russell will be the best player in the draft but he's going to be buried behind Kobe so draft Okafor.

What????

Lakers need to draft DLO and play him at PG where he belongs

JNA17
05-28-2015, 02:24 AM
What????

Lakers need to draft DLO and play him at PG where he belongs

Clarkson is the point guard. Russell is a SG the same way James Harden is a SG.

Stunner
05-28-2015, 02:30 AM
Clarkson is the point guard. Russell is a SG.

Russell Is anything you want him to be in the backcourt it doesn't matter

He ran point at Ohio state not SG

He's listed as a PG not a SG

Anyway Russ shooting is a better fit next to Kobe than Clarkson who could be a spark off the bench

Russell's pg skills are also better than Clarksons , once Kobe leaves he can move to SG and LA can see if Clarkson and Russell fit . The worst that can happen is one becomes trade bait

JNA17
05-28-2015, 02:43 AM

I already mentioned Russell is a SG the same way Harden is a SG.

Yeah Clarkson and Russell would play together but Russell is more of a ball handling SG. Than again, it wouldn't really matter and we would call them both "guards" like old school.

Russell also wouldn't start at the beginning. That's not how the Lakers develop players. Clarkson and Kobe would start with Russell coming off the bench.

Than again if I had it my way, I would have Clarkson and Russell start together and put Kobe at SF. It would be easier on Kobe's legs that way.

Bostonjorge
05-28-2015, 03:38 AM

Anyway Russ shooting is a better fit next to Kobe than Clarkson who could be a spark off the bench

Russell's pg skills are also better than Clarksons , once Kobe leaves he can move to SG and LA can see if Clarkson and Russell fit . The worst that can happen is one becomes trade bait

I would be surprised if Russell had the rookie season Clarkson just had. Towns, okafor and Winslow will be the best players in this draft, day 1 in the league.

Mave1002
05-28-2015, 05:07 AM
@HaynesTheWriter: 4-50 for Carroll http://t.co/QYo1nEJlCM

yikes. id go
Danny Green to $8M
Khris Middleton to $10M

JNA17
05-28-2015, 05:23 AM
yikes. id go
Danny Green to $8M
Khris Middleton to $10M

Khris Middleton is getting a Max and Green is gonna get $10-$12 mill.

Mave1002
05-28-2015, 07:52 AM
Khris Middleton is getting a Max and Green is gonna get $10-$12 mill.

And what's it worth?

PhillyFaninLA
05-28-2015, 08:12 AM

I agree with and hope this happens.

I think Towns while he is the 3rd best of the top 3 has the highest floor and gives Minnesota a guy with a similar skill set (but not nearly as good) as a young Garnett. Towns helps them immediately the most and I think fits better and compliments Bennett more than Okafer and I can't imagine them going with Russell.

I think the Lakers young guards have promise and I think Okafer can flourish with those guards and take a ton of pressure off of Randle. I think Okafer makes more sense.

I think Russell going 3 to us, creates a win, win, win situation with the top 3 picks and gives all 3 players the best chance to excel.

JasonJohnHorn
05-28-2015, 08:57 AM
That Lakers should do with #2 the same thing that I do with #2: flush it down the toilet!

PhillyFaninLA
05-28-2015, 09:12 AM
That Lakers should do with #2 the same thing that I do with #2: flush it down the toilet!

So you came into this topic to say the Lakers should treat a very high draft pick with potential to get a really good player like a bowel movement.

That is really how you want to represent yourself. Go you I guess.

JNA17
05-28-2015, 10:04 PM
And what's it worth?

$15 million. Bucks will most likely match but I would try either him or Harris anyway.

bucketss
05-28-2015, 11:01 PM
i will laugh if Middleton gets the max

MTar786
05-28-2015, 11:33 PM
i really wish the lakers would sign russell. but if they dont, then i hope whoever we draft is the next big franchise player in the nba

Mave1002
05-28-2015, 11:38 PM
$15 million. Bucks will most likely match but I would try either him or Harris anyway.

Correct me if im wrong, um.. the max for a player with 6 years or less experience cannot go beyond the 25% of the cap?

JNA17
05-29-2015, 06:05 AM
Correct me if im wrong, um.. the max for a player with 6 years or less experience cannot go beyond the 25% of the cap?

More info about his max here: http://behindthebuckpass.com/2015/03/14/moneys-money-much-will-khris-middleton-make/

Prepare to laugh then, because that's exactly what's gonna happen.

$15 mill ain't worth much at all with the cap rising, especially for someone of Middleton's talents. $15 mill in 2 years=$10 mill.

JNA17
05-29-2015, 07:48 PM
http://zagsblog.com/articles/towns-will-interview-with-wolves-lakers-wont-do-workouts/

The plot thickens. 0_0

KnicksorBust
05-29-2015, 07:59 PM
http://zagsblog.com/articles/towns-will-interview-with-wolves-lakers-wont-do-workouts/

The plot thickens. 0_0

Smart move. Towns is a guaranteed top 2 pick. Nothing to prove.

KnicksorBust
05-29-2015, 07:59 PM

More info about his max here: http://behindthebuckpass.com/2015/03/14/moneys-money-much-will-khris-middleton-make/

$15 mill ain't worth much at all with the cap rising, especially for someone of Middleton's talents. $15 mill in 2 years=$10 mill.

I think you are right. It is amazing that these wing players are making serious bank.

JNA17
05-29-2015, 08:23 PM
I think you are right. It is amazing that these wing players are making serious bank.

Unfortunately for them, unless they just want a qualifying offer for one more year, they are signing maxes before the cap rises. XD

JNA17
05-30-2015, 12:00 AM
Towns is working out in Los Angeles with former UCLA star Don MacLean, who raved to SNY.tv about Towns’ potential and work ethic.

“I’ve been doing this for 11 or 12 years pre-draft,” MacLean, the leading scorer in Pac-12 and UCLA history, previously told SNY.tv. “Because I had a lot of top 10 picks and a lot of really good players, I’m not really impressed or blown away. I had Towns all last week and I was blown away. Blown away.

“A kid that big but shoots it that well but handles it that well and understands the game, that’s coachable, that wants to get better, wants to be great, I was blown away by him last week.”

It's pretty funny how both Towns and Okafor are trying to avoid getting picked at 1. :laugh2:

If we had the 1st pick, I guarantee those two would be battling each other furiously in their workouts.

JNA17
06-01-2015, 03:03 PM
Chad Ford ‏@chadfordinsider 11m11 minutes ago
Back in LA this morning. Karl-Anthony Towns, D'Angelo Russell & Willie Cauley-Stein working out in a few minutes

Oh man :laugh: .

Does any player in lottery range wanna play for Minnesota? Winslow?

JNA17
06-01-2015, 03:16 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/605440802479730688/video/1

This video is a great example of why Calipari isn't a good coach in the NBA. He restricts players so much of their abilities and confined them into a very specific system. WCS is capable of shooting mid range and Towns is WAY more athletic than he was showcased in Kentucky (see his high school highlights), as well as being a very good shooter from outside (can even shoot 3s, as well as being an 82% FT shooter at Kentucky. Trey Lyles as well.

Same thing with Julius Randle and Anthony Davis.

DillyDill
06-01-2015, 07:01 PM
Y
https://mobile.twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/605440802479730688/video/1

This video is a great example of why Calipari isn't a good coach in the NBA. He restricts players so much of their abilities and confined them into a very specific system. WCS is capable of shooting mid range and Towns is WAY more athletic than he was showcased in Kentucky (see his high school highlights), as well as being a very good shooter from outside (can even shoot 3s, as well as being an 82% FT shooter at Kentucky. Trey Lyles as well.

Same thing with Julius Randle and Anthony Davis.
Man you're right KAT is crrrraaazzzyyyy good, go to bleacher report and they have a vid of him drianing NBA range 3's like its nothing just like Emibidd was :drool::drool::drool:

Munkeysuit
06-01-2015, 07:13 PM
D'angelo Russell ...he can play the 1 & 2 fairly easily at the NBA level and will be very successful right out the gate.
You need to factor in Kobe retiring and Lin still not progressing in his current role and making the same mistakes as he did last year. Russell will definitely fill those voids immediately and is a future star to pair up with Randle.
I know you guys (Laker fans) are dying to see Clarkson and Russell as your back court of the future.

MTar786
06-01-2015, 07:29 PM
i think towns and russel will end up being the two best playes of the draft.

Tony_Starks
06-01-2015, 07:36 PM
D'angelo Russell ...he can play the 1 & 2 fairly easily at the NBA level and will be very successful right out the gate.
You need to factor in Kobe retiring and Lin still not progressing in his current role and making the same mistakes as he did last year. Russell will definitely fill those voids immediately and is a future star to pair up with Randle.
I know you guys (Laker fans) are dying to see Clarkson and Russell as your back court of the future.

Um Lin has no "current role" with our team bruh. He's a unrestricted free agent available to the next team that buys the dream of him one day being a starter....

Bruno
06-01-2015, 08:39 PM
Um Lin has no "current role" with our team bruh. He's a unrestricted free agent available to the next team that buys the dream of him one day being a starter....

he should have been traded for a second round pick before the deadline.

Kaner
06-01-2015, 09:10 PM
]It's pretty funny how both Towns and Okafor are trying to avoid getting picked at 1. [/B]:laugh2:

If we had the 1st pick, I guarantee those two would be battling each other furiously in their workouts.

Based on what? KAT isn't working out with any team.

KAT quote in that same article “It would be a blessing and an honor to even have a chance to play for Minnesota and be able to have the chance to play for a great organization and learn from a great mentor like Kevin Garnett,” Towns told SNY.tv at the lottery." Why would he say that if he's 'avoiding' getting picked 1?

LakerShow
06-01-2015, 09:11 PM

Jimmy boy thought we still had a shot at the play offs

Tony_Starks
06-01-2015, 10:10 PM

Jimmy boy thought we still had a shot at the play offs

Jimmy may have forgot he was still on the team.....

Bostonjorge
06-01-2015, 10:38 PM

http://youtu.be/y5BtA2JdOBY

Here is the scouting report on Russell.

PraiseJesus
06-01-2015, 11:14 PM
http://youtu.be/y5BtA2JdOBY

Here is the scouting report on Russell.

You are trolling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEgMvIQ4uw8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjsuvzYpBtU

Those are his videos

JNA17
06-02-2015, 02:14 AM

Lin should have been traded or waived right after we got Houston's pick.

Mave1002
06-02-2015, 06:59 AM

Let's see.. should the team pick up Hill's $9M option, that leaves a spending power of $14M. No way in Hell the Lakers should take on Hill then.

With this capspace though, i think Id try my best to get Khris Middleton or either Danny Green / Tyson Chandler to split it.

TOP 2-#34 Upshaw or Christmas
Randle-Black
Middleton-Green
Kobe-#27 J.Anderson
Clarkson-Buycks

JNA17
06-02-2015, 12:11 PM
Towns interview

https://youtube.com/watch?v=VZbLZy0ABok

By far the most articulate and well spoken player I have seen come out of the draft in years. I heard he was pretty intelligent before (3.96 GPA) but it's nice to see a soon to be NBA player speak English well.

Especially when there are English native players who sound like English is their last language. I'm looking at you Jordan Hill.

PraiseJesus
06-02-2015, 12:20 PM
D'Angelo Russell 39" Vertical

What a beast

2-ONE-5
06-02-2015, 12:33 PM
how high did Gerald Green jump?

JNA17
06-02-2015, 12:57 PM

What a beast

Doesn't mean much at all. Jordan Farmar had a 42" Vertical.

But here: http://www.draftexpress.com/article/DAngelo-Russell-Interview-5040

Happy birthday. :D

JNA17
06-02-2015, 04:27 PM
http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Karl-Anthony-Towns-Workout-Video-and-Interview-5043

Towns interview+workouts

Raining 3s.

Hawkeye15
06-02-2015, 04:49 PM
I don't want any of the workout stuff, what for?

Towns is who I want as a Wolves fan, he just has more upside, and translates better into today's NBA. No doubt Okafor will be an excellent scoring big, I just don't know what else he can do that is at a high level.

PraiseJesus
06-02-2015, 04:52 PM

Star.

Bron > Kobe
06-02-2015, 05:14 PM
Star.
Yep

Tony_Starks
06-02-2015, 06:20 PM
Towns interview

https://youtube.com/watch?v=VZbLZy0ABok

By far the most articulate and well spoken player I have seen come out of the draft in years. I heard he was pretty intelligent before (3.96 GPA) but it's nice to see a soon to be NBA player speak English well.

Especially when there are English native players who sound like English is their last language. I'm looking at you Jordan Hill.

Going to go out on a limb and say Jimmy isn't looking to sign the kid for his intellectual prowess......

JNA17
06-02-2015, 07:39 PM
Going to go out on a limb and say Jimmy isn't looking to sign the kid for his intellectual prowess......

No kidding. I'm talking as a plus.

Bostonjorge
06-02-2015, 08:00 PM
Towns or okafor can't go wrong with these two franchise players.

jerellh528
06-02-2015, 08:09 PM
I want okafor.

IKnowHoops
06-02-2015, 08:17 PM
I don't want any of the workout stuff, what for?

Towns is who I want as a Wolves fan, he just has more upside, and translates better into today's NBA. No doubt Okafor will be an excellent scoring big, I just don't know what else he can do that is at a high level.

OK, I said Okafur, but you have my proxy on all things T-Wolves. I didn't watch a huge amount of either, a few games but didn't focus on either one and just watched each team play. If you say Towns will be a better pro for sure, then I hope the Wolves pull that trigger.

IKnowHoops
06-02-2015, 08:20 PM

A vertical alone means nothing, but a dude with mad skills who posts a super high vert is usually a beast.

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-02-2015, 11:47 PM
Towns is better. So I hope the tims take okafor

Mave1002
06-03-2015, 06:10 AM

What a beast

What a beast.

xbrackattackx
06-03-2015, 09:38 AM
No kidding. I'm talking as a plus.

He seems to have that well spoken star quality. Also seems to have a high IQ. Reminds me of how Duncan speaks. But he's a little more eccentric.

Goose17
06-03-2015, 12:13 PM
Trade it for the Knicks next 3 first rounders. They're lotto bound for a long time.

PraiseJesus
06-03-2015, 12:46 PM
http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Analytics-Models-and-the-NBA-Draft-5021

1 D'Angelo Russell 1 1 1 2 3 9 3 -2
2 Jahlil Okafor 4 2 2 5 1 11 2 0
3 Karl Towns 2 3 3 6 2 1 1 2

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/#ixzz3c1As9wJV
http://www.draftexpress.com

The SABERmatercians of the NBA are alomst in universal agreement that D'ANgelo Russell is the best player available in this draft.

PraiseJesus
06-04-2015, 01:03 PM
Chad Ford of ESPN is reporting that Timberwolves president and coach Flip Saunders is a “big fan” of D’Angelo Russell and may be tempted to use the No. 1 pick on the Ohio State product. But for that to happen he needs to find a team for current starting point guard Ricky Rubio.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2143755/minnesota-timberwolves-rumors-timberwolves-are-looking-at-improving-team-via-trades/

2-ONE-5
06-04-2015, 01:23 PM
lol you act like teams dont say this kinda stuff every season.

JNA17
06-04-2015, 02:45 PM
http://www.inquisitr.com/2143755/minnesota-timberwolves-rumors-timberwolves-are-looking-at-improving-team-via-trades/

No links to Chad Ford please. The guy is a fraud and should never be taken seriously.