PDA

View Full Version : Who should Minnesota take 1st?

Ty Fast
05-19-2015, 08:58 PM
Who do you think they should take 1st overall?

2-ONE-5
05-19-2015, 09:02 PM
Okafor should be the guy in a heart beat. Take the player who can contribute more right away while Wiggins, Lavine, Bennett continue to develop.

ChI_ShIzzLe
05-19-2015, 09:04 PM
Okafor. Him and Wiggins could easily become the best duo in the next 5 years.

NYKnickFanatic
Towns

dhopisthename
towns easily.

FriedTofuz
Towns. Wow. Congrats hawkeye, your team will be compeating for championships for the future.

I feel bad for knicks, wow.

FraziersKnicks
05-19-2015, 09:06 PM
Okafor or Towns. I would perennially want Okafor, but I think they take Towns.

WSU Tony
05-19-2015, 09:08 PM
With how the wolves mess up picks take the lower floor player in oakafor and never look back.

Tony_Starks
05-19-2015, 09:09 PM
They probably take the guy with the most potential in Towns. Then he proceeds to play half the year for the Wolves, put up remarkable earth shattering all-star numbers, and then decides at all-star break he's going to quit basketball and walk the earth.....

KnicksorBust
05-19-2015, 09:10 PM
With how the wolves mess up picks take the lower floor player in oakafor and never look back.

Lol boooooo. I dont want to hear your pessimistic bs tonight. You got back to back #1 players and one is a def star in Wiggins and the other is going to be a stud big.

PurpleJesus
05-19-2015, 09:11 PM
Put a poll up some mod.

Okafor is my pick.

mngopher35
05-19-2015, 09:15 PM
I'm hoping towns but either of the bigs is fine.

More-Than-Most
05-19-2015, 09:16 PM
Towns... Oka is trash.

kingkenny01
05-19-2015, 09:21 PM
This team is going loaded with young talent Lavine,Muhammad, wiggins, dieng and the number 1 pick, I'd take towns

Jarvo
05-19-2015, 09:23 PM
Towns... Oka is trash.

Defensive wise he is

TC9415
05-19-2015, 09:27 PM
I'm probably leaning Towns, but I love Oka's game. Give me either.

WSU Tony
05-19-2015, 09:27 PM
Lol boooooo. I dont want to hear your pessimistic bs tonight. You got back to back #1 players and one is a def star in Wiggins and the other is going to be a stud big.

You are right. I'm pessimistic. I still take the safer pick with elite low post scoring. If you have an elite skill in the nba you will always contribute. Flip has made multiple comments about his love for oakafor.

JustinTime
05-19-2015, 09:45 PM
Trade down with Philidelphia for Embiid and take Russell with the 76ers pick. Rubio wants out too so Russell would take over the PG spot nicely and they would also have Rubio as trade bait for another pick or player(s). Russell will end up the best player in this draft.

Pg Russell
SG Lavine
SF Wiggins
PG Whoever they get for Rubio/Bennett/Garmett
C Embiid/ Pek

2-ONE-5
05-19-2015, 09:47 PM
Trade down with Philidelphia for Embiid and take Russell with the 76ers pick. Rubio wants out too so Russell would take over the PG spot nicely and they would also have Rubio as trade bait for another pick or player(s). Russell will end up the best player in this draft.

Pg Russell
SG Lavine
SF Wiggins
C Embiid/ Pek

lol yea there is a -1000% chance of that.

JustinTime
05-19-2015, 09:48 PM

Actually they go back-to-back-to-back #1's but Bennett isn't working out right now. I doubt either those Centers are studs either they should go with Russell.

Hawkeye15
05-19-2015, 09:48 PM
Flip apparently has a boner for Okafor. So.... him

5ass
05-19-2015, 09:49 PM

Pg Russell
SG Lavine
SF Wiggins
C Embiid/ Pek

and did the sixers fire Hinkie and hire a ****** in this scenario?

flea
05-19-2015, 09:51 PM

IMO it's the right decision. Think about Durant's draft - Durant was clearly the best player, but Oden played on the better team and everyone was drooling over a Ewing/Duncan potential. Same deal for Okafor, he played on a worse team than Towns but actually went and won the championship (though his team was still very good). Don't think too hard - he's the most polished college big man scorer since....Ewing? Even Duncan had question marks about his offense, even if they were very minor question marks.

KnicksorBust
05-19-2015, 09:52 PM
http://54.235.72.134/nba_mock/timberwolves_okafor.png

JustinTime
05-19-2015, 09:58 PM
and did the sixers fire Hinkie and hire a ****** in this scenario?

Embiid is damaged goods he could end up like Bynum for all we know.

JustinTime
05-19-2015, 10:02 PM
IMO it's the right decision. Think about Durant's draft - Durant was clearly the best player, but Oden played on the better team and everyone was drooling over a Ewing/Duncan potential. Same deal for Okafor, he played on a worse team than Towns but actually went and won the championship (though his team was still very good). Don't think too hard - he's the most polished college big man scorer since....Ewing? Even Duncan had question marks about his offense, even if they were very minor question marks.

His D is awful but Saunders is pretty stupid.

Silent
05-19-2015, 10:12 PM
Either ore for me Oak or Towns would be great to pair up with Wiggins

TC9415
05-19-2015, 10:20 PM
His D is awful but Saunders is pretty stupid.

I disagree. He definitely won't be picked because of his defense, but I definitely don't think he'll be a liability out there and at 19 years old he has plenty of room to grow in that area.

Bostonjorge
05-19-2015, 10:22 PM
Towns then sign Kevin love. Love can write a letter about about coming back home.

FlashBolt
05-19-2015, 10:24 PM
Really great for Wolves. Always had a thing for them because of KG. Future looks incredibly bright but if I'm the Wolves, I gotta go with Okafor. This team will be ready to hit the playoffs in a few years and wow, the potential is really intriguing there.

hotdalton18
05-19-2015, 10:25 PM
Can't go wrong with towns or okafor

I'd go towns tho

2-ONE-5
05-19-2015, 10:28 PM

lol now he is damaged goods. care to share something that says that? because by all accounts here he is a good to go and will play SL

FOXHOUND
05-19-2015, 10:29 PM
I love the potential of what Okafor can bring to them as a dominant low post scorer anchoring the offense. Can't go wrong with either though, both bring very different things to the table and the pairing of Wiggins and Towns can lead to an incredibly scary defense down the line.

JustinTime
05-19-2015, 10:30 PM
I disagree. He definitely won't be picked because of his defense, but I definitely don't think he'll be a liability out there and at 19 years old he has plenty of room to grow in that area.

Yea but The wolves have had to watch Pek and Love for the last few years don't you think it would be nice to have someone who could actually defend their position. I'm always skeptical of players who don't try their hardest on d because it's more of a character flaw than something you can teach. Players who don't want to play d don't want to win and that says a ton.

Teeboy1487
05-19-2015, 10:31 PM
I see them taking Towns. He can play the 4 and can possibly play with Pek in the FC. However, I see them trading Pek though.

R. Johnson#3
05-19-2015, 10:33 PM
Okafor is a beast inside but I just love Towns' game. Either is a win but I'd go with Towns. He can stretch the defence and help clear out the lanes for Wiggins.

flea
05-19-2015, 10:34 PM
Yea but The wolves have had to watch Pek and Love for the last few years don't you think it would be nice to have someone who could actually defend their position. I'm always skeptical of players who don't try their hardest on d because it's more of a character flaw than something you can teach. Players who don't want to play d don't want to win and that says a ton.

While I don't necessarily disagree, I don't think it applies to Okafor. Nobody develops his level of footwork and post play without putting in a lot of time. His D isn't all that bad anyway, it's just that Duke started a lot of young guys all season. Their D was great when it mattered.

Meanwhile Towns played PF next to the best defensive center in college (and a future Joakim Noah-type menace), an athletic 6'10 PF playing SF, two 6'6 guards in a zone defense. Nobody puts a lot of stock in the defensive play of Boeheim's players - don't know why we should act like a role player for UK's team last year was elite or anything. He's got good athleticism and instincts, but lacks ideal length and size to play C in the NBA.

TDE
05-19-2015, 10:55 PM
As a Lakers fan I hope its not Okafor

IKnowHoops
05-19-2015, 11:19 PM

Couldn't agree more

kobe4thewinbang
05-19-2015, 11:45 PM
With Towns, Wiggins, Levine and Shabazz, Minnesota should have a playoff shot in a couple seasons.

tp13baby
05-20-2015, 12:15 AM
Okafor. Wow. Congrats hawkeye, your team will be compeating for championships for the future.

I feel bad for knicks, wow.

I don't. I truly can't help but think some god worked his magic cause of Melo and his shannigans. I hate the Knicks though. I take that back I can't stand melo and his antics.

Ty Fast
05-20-2015, 12:48 AM
Defensive wise he is
And FT shooting

JNA17
05-20-2015, 01:01 AM

Yeah this.

Okafor fits too for the Wolves.

Congrats Hawkeye. Can't wait to see Lakers Towns vs Wolves Okafor games. :D

nastynice
05-20-2015, 01:02 AM
This team is going loaded with young talent Lavine,Muhammad, wiggins, dieng and the number 1 pick, I'd take towns

yup. Contenders in the wings.

...soon

Tony_Starks
05-20-2015, 01:09 AM
Going to be a interesting coin flip between Towns and Okafor. So many x factors. Free throws are a big deal since hack-a-Shaq isn't going anywhere, so that plus potential versatility gives Towns the edge. Also you have to factor in who wants to go where. Will one of the guys come to Minny and purposely half it for his workout so he can go 2?

jakub
05-20-2015, 01:41 AM
Towns

/EndThread

Quinnsanity
05-20-2015, 03:32 AM
Towns. The defensive potential of that team...

nastynice
05-20-2015, 06:55 AM
I don't follow college ball, but based on some youtube vids they look like they'll be completely diff players. I think Towns is def more physical talent, he has a nasty wingspan too almost guaranteed to be a good rebounder and rim protector. His baby hook is nice, or at least its in the arsenal so it gives him a move and won't be like dj, haha. Needs to polish it tho.

Okafer prob gonna be more like a good post player. I'm thinking kinda griffin but not as athletic. Don't think he would really dominate at any other aspect, but if he keeps working his post game potential looks real nice, and could be a pretty good all around player.

I'd personally go Towns, bigger upside, if his offense develops he has some pretty crazy looking potential. Seems to have more "homerun" potential, whereas Okafer will probably be solid starter and maybe potential very good, def not a bad prospect but just not the same as Towns

Also think Towns would fit with wiggins better, would be able to create more floor space for wiggins, also would be a much better finisher at the rim off of dishes. Wolves should def get Towns. If the lakers get Towns I'd consider that a steal. Could possibly build around him something legit. Dunno bout that la fo lately tho, lol, complete 180 past few years

IndyRealist
05-20-2015, 07:33 AM
Towns then sign Kevin love. Love can write a letter about about coming back home.

Lol this. And there will be a meme of Flip thanking Love for getting Wiggins and Towns.

Tumstock
05-20-2015, 07:58 AM
Soo jealous of minny right now.. Such an exciting team already. And now another first pick in a pretty good draft class. KG coming home to Bang some defense into this Young team doesn't hurt either!

Mr. Baller
05-20-2015, 08:07 AM
Towns

crewfan13
05-20-2015, 10:18 AM
For me, it has to be Towns. This team should be a team that gets up and down the floor and Towns fits that profile better than Okafor, who isn't known to run the floor all that well.

PhillyFaninLA
05-20-2015, 10:36 AM
I think they go Towns...I think he fits better than Okafer

futureman
05-20-2015, 12:09 PM
Towns can rebound, Okafor can't. Towns shoots 81% at the line Okafor shoots 53%. Towns is the obvious first choice. Okafor will be a bust because he is so one dimensional.

Bostonjorge
05-20-2015, 12:14 PM
Towns can rebound, Okafor can't. Towns shoots 81% at the line Okafor shoots 53%. Towns is the obvious first choice. Okafor will be a bust because he is so one dimensional.
Okafor can't rebound? Ok buddy.

2-ONE-5
05-20-2015, 12:18 PM

Easy for Towns to rebound while Cauley Stein was next time him reeking havoc on shots. Its gotten pretty outrageous the criticism Okafor gets now like he is some piss poor defender with no room to improve, people must be tired of him living up to the hype and need something negative to find. Okafor steps into the league with a better offensive arsenal than the majority of NBA centers

DillyDill
05-20-2015, 12:46 PM
Easy for Towns to rebound while Cauley Stein was next time him reeking havoc on shots. Its gotten pretty outrageous the criticism Okafor gets now like he is some piss poor defender with no room to improve, people must be tired of him living up to the hype and need something negative to find. Okafor steps into the league with a better offensive arsenal than the majority of NBA centers
Thank you well said Big Oak ain't some bum or bust. At worst I see Big Al/Brook

nysportsfan23
05-20-2015, 01:01 PM
What happens if the lakers take Russell?
Does philly go Okafor, which would likely mean trading embid or Noel?
Do they take muniday?
Do they trade up to be sure they get Russell?
From lakers perspective do randle and Okafor fit together?

Bostonjorge
05-20-2015, 01:09 PM
What happens if the lakers take Russell?
Does philly go Okafor, which would likely mean trading embid or Noel?
Do they take muniday?
Do they trade up to be sure they get Russell?
From lakers perspective do randle and Okafor fit together?

Okafor and Randle will own the paint. Okafor who never misses commands a double team. Randle is also a beast in the post who stat line at Kentucky was better then towns. To much firepower for teams to handle.

nysportsfan23
05-20-2015, 01:12 PM
But wouldn't a randle/okafor tandem be fatally flawed defensively?

Bostonjorge
05-20-2015, 01:14 PM
But wouldn't a randle/okafor tandem be fatally flawed defensively?

Fatally no way. Look at Atlantas bigs.

More-Than-Most
05-20-2015, 11:10 PM

He has more upside than anyone in this draft/last draft and possibly more than wiggins as well... He has risk because of injuries but guess what we will live or die with him... The dude could be amazing and in no way shape or form would they trade him.

DillyDill
05-20-2015, 11:35 PM
He has more upside than anyone in this draft/last draft and possibly more than wiggins as well... He has risk because of injuries but guess what we will live or die with him... The dude could be amazing and in no way shape or form would they trade him.

Who's post gm do u think is more polished Joel or Oaks?

PurpleJesus
05-20-2015, 11:35 PM
I think they go Towns...I think he fits better than Okafer

Towns might be the pick, but at #1 it should have nothing to do with being the right fit. If he is drafted #1, Flip better believe he is the best player, not necessarily the best fit.

Sactown
05-20-2015, 11:49 PM
Towns might be the pick, but at #1 it should have nothing to do with being the right fit. If he is drafted #1, Flip better believe he is the best player, not necessarily the best fit.

I agree you don't pass on a franchise changer because you aren't sure he fits with pekovic , clearly whoever they thing is the best player for the future goes here, I believe and hope they pick towns

More-Than-Most
05-21-2015, 12:01 AM

Oaks but he wont ever come close to the defense that Noel Brings... I cant stand Oaks play... The dude doesnt try on defense and when he does its laughably bad.

DillyDill
05-21-2015, 12:45 AM
Oaks but he wont ever come close to the defense that Noel Brings... I cant stand Oaks play... The dude doesnt try on defense and when he does its laughably bad.

Lol hopefully he'll improve his defensive intensity. But not Noel I mean Joel Embidd post gm or Oaks?

Iron24th
05-21-2015, 02:44 AM
I love the potential of what Okafor can bring to them as a dominant low post scorer anchoring the offense. Can't go wrong with either though, both bring very different things to the table and the pairing of Wiggins and Towns can lead to an incredibly scary defense down the line.

Agree, both are pretty good, Okafor is a beast offensively and has an arsenal of post moves, he will improve defensively if well coached no doubt, while Towns has more upside looks more complete and way faster and athletic, it doesn't mean either one sucks if people prefer one or another.

That's just the Lakers effect, Okafor is likely going to LA, so people hate him now and bash him now like they did with dwight.

c.c.
05-21-2015, 06:49 AM
I read somewhere that Towns is trying to avoid being drafted by the Wolves to get selected by the Lakers.

Slimsim
05-21-2015, 07:12 AM
I feel the wolves make this draft interesting and take Russell forcing Philly to take towns or okafor then trading Philly Russell for one of the bigs so minny get a bigman and pay less money win win for them

Mave1002
05-21-2015, 07:39 AM
I feel the wolves make this draft interesting and take Russell forcing Philly to take towns or okafor then trading Philly Russell for one of the bigs so minny get a bigman and pay less money win win for them

Why take the risk if you can automatically have either KAT or Okafor and the difference in cost is just a little over $1M? see- http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2015/05/contract-each-lottery.html

2-ONE-5
05-21-2015, 09:08 AM

then what when the Sixers keep Okafor or trade him elsewehre for say winslow+

Slimsim
05-21-2015, 09:57 AM
Wolves will make this draft interesting I can see them picking either Russell or mudiay neither bad choices just to shake up draft predicition

2-ONE-5
05-21-2015, 10:03 AM

Wolves will make this draft interesting I can see them picking either Russell or mudiay neither bad choices just to shake up draft predicition

ummmmm

RLundi
05-21-2015, 11:32 AM
Looks like the Wolves are gonna have to take KAT because Okafor doesn't want to play in Minneapolis.

RLundi
05-21-2015, 11:45 AM
Agree, both are pretty good, Okafor is a beast offensively and has an arsenal of post moves, he will improve defensively if well coached no doubt, while Towns has more upside looks more complete and way faster and athletic, it doesn't mean either one sucks if people prefer one or another.

That's just the Lakers effect, Okafor is likely going to LA, so people hate him now and bash him now like they did with dwight.

Seriously? You are an unbelievable homer. People have been speaking on Okafor's defense and his other flaws from the very beginning. Most draft analysts comment his subpar defense needs to improve dramatically and that he doesn't run the floor well. Now all of a sudden he is hated and criticized because he is "likely" going to LA? Pathetic. You and no one else has no idea where he is going. There's still another month before the draft and anything can happen. Don't pretend to have a crystal ball. This has nothing to do with where he's purportedly "likely" going, LA or not. There are very real concerns about his game. So get over yourself.

2-ONE-5
05-21-2015, 12:18 PM
Okafor should be the guy in a heart beat. Take the player who can contribute more right away while Wiggins, Lavine, Bennett continue to develop. http://financehotela.com/yellow/images/113.gifhttp://loanwebfast.com/green/images/42.gif

Okafor should be the guy in a heart beat. Take the player who can contribute more right away while Wiggins, Lavine, Bennett continue to develop.

ummmmm

crewfan13
05-21-2015, 01:48 PM

I would say Okafor is more polished at the moment. But I think Embiid's has the footwork to be just as good in the post (he's still fairly new to basketball, so he needs to work on his touch) plus he should be a vastly superior defender and will likely have more range on his jumper.

I think to an extent you look at fit. I agree it shouldn't be based upon fit with Pek, but I think the rest of the young core should be considered. I can see an argument for both based upon fit for Wiggins. I'm still not sold Wiggins will be a great creator, but he's definitely a guy who can get up and down the floor and will probably be a very good jump shooter. I can see the "fit" argument with Towns because he can play faster with Wiggins and Lavine, who're likely open court players. But I could see a "fit" argument that maybe neither Lavine or Wiggins are elite half court players, so adding an Okafor still allows you to run with the guards and wings, but it gives you a guy who can work the half court offense while potentially drawing double teams for Wiggins and Lavine, who're both good spot up shooters. I'm in the first group, especially since I prefer Towns defense, but could see an argument for the second group and Okafor.

then what when the Sixers keep Okafor or trade him elsewehre for say winslow+

I don't love Mudiay, but given the style of player that the Sixers have been drafting lately, I wouldn't at all be surprised if they like Mudiay. You guys really seem to be shooting for the stars and shooting for upside, and Mudaiy has as much, if not more, upside than anyone in the draft. Its possible they covet Russell, but taking Russell with the intention of forcing the Sixers' hands into trading you whoever is left of the bigs is very risky, especially for a young team like Minn who could really benefit from adding either of the young bigs. If it blows up in their faces, they could end up looking really dumb. So I agree, I think it would be unwise for Minn to take Russell (unless they really want him) in hopes of getting overwhelmed in a trade latter in the draft.

Trwood12
05-21-2015, 02:56 PM
Looks like the Wolves are gonna have to take KAT because Okafor doesn't want to play in Minneapolis.
No one wants to play in Minnesota. They're big boys. They got to suck it up.

Iron24th
05-22-2015, 02:08 AM
Seriously? You are an unbelievable homer. People have been speaking on Okafor's defense and his other flaws from the very beginning. Most draft analysts comment his subpar defense needs to improve dramatically and that he doesn't run the floor well. Now all of a sudden he is hated and criticized because he is "likely" going to LA? Pathetic. You and no one else has no idea where he is going. There's still another month before the draft and anything can happen. Don't pretend to have a crystal ball. This has nothing to do with where he's purportedly "likely" going, LA or not. There are very real concerns about his game. So get over yourself.

No I'm not, that's what I'm thinking.

WSU Tony
05-24-2015, 11:59 AM
This is a really tough decision. I'm swinging on it daily. Towns fits the new age game. Oakafor fits the half court old game. Oakafor seems like the safer pick but he only shows effort if it leads to him scoring. Offensive boards he's elite. Defensive boards he's pedestrian. That mindset scares me.

WSU Tony
05-24-2015, 04:32 PM
Asking me today might net you a different answer than if you ask me tomorrow. I have no idea.

Bostonjorge
05-24-2015, 04:58 PM
They going to draft towns and get a lottery pick next year as well. Use that pick to get Ben Simmons. After that Minny going to be a serious contender.

C Towns
PF Simmons
SF Wiggins

League better watch out if this happens.

2-ONE-5
05-24-2015, 06:45 PM
waaaay to early to think about next year players. most wont live up to the hype

Bruno
05-24-2015, 08:21 PM
I think Minny should take Townes and then attempt to trade Rubio, Dieng and Pek to Portland for Lillard once they lose Aldridge. The second Aldridge leaves, the Damian Lillard is an unrestricted FA talk will begin and along with it major trade speculation. If they unload Peks contract, they should take a stab at Kevin Love in free agency, he's the perfect stretch four for the new Wolves, haha.

Lillard
Martin/Lavine
Wiggins
Kevin Love
Townes.

kevin love thing won't happen but its funny how good of a fit he is now. plus Portland owes a 2016 first round pick to Denver (top 14 protected). I think a core of Rubio, Pek, Dieng, Leonard and Batum is bad enough to land in the lottery and thus keep the pick. Portland can reload through the draft, and opposed to losing Lillard for nothing if he walks, they at least turn him into Rubio and Dieng as assets. assets that they can trade later, or develop as the new core along with their future rookies.

THE MTL
05-25-2015, 12:53 AM
They should go with Townes. Wolves are no where near competing so they don't need the more NBA ready player in Okafor.

Teeboy1487
05-25-2015, 01:17 AM
If I'm Minny, I draft Towns. Way more upside. Can't go wrong with either though. I just think Towns is a better fit. If the Lakers were drafting number 1, I would say the same thing. I actually wanted Towns even before the NCAA season started.

dalton749
05-25-2015, 01:23 AM
can you imagine if love went back to minny and took a **** on the chest of clevland
rubio, lavine, wiggins, love, towns would be sick

DillyDill
05-25-2015, 01:51 AM
[QUOTE=crewfan13;29973581]I would say Okafor is more polished at the moment. But I think Embiid's has the footwork to be just as good in the post (he's still fairly new to basketball, so he needs to work on his touch) plus he should be a vastly superior defender and will likely have more range on his jumper.

Yea that's true I was watching YouTube on Embiid and I was in shock that 7 foot monster had a jumper he's potential is sky's the limit

WSU Tony
05-25-2015, 08:04 PM
The majority of people seem to think towns is the pick. Two way players in wiggins and towns sounds scary. The defense of Rubio, dieng, towns, and wiggins sounds amazing.

GREATNESS ONE
05-25-2015, 08:51 PM
I hope they take KAT!

Oefarmy2005
05-26-2015, 01:51 PM
I hope they take the BPA, and if it's Russel, than they take him. All things said, Flip has done nicely drafting the last two years, so I'll leave it up to him to make the right decision.

D-Leethal
05-26-2015, 01:55 PM
I think between Ok and Towns, Towns makes way more sense as a screen/roll-pop specialist who can run the floor with Wiggins, LaVine and Rubio opposed to Okafor who wants to play half court and eat up the paint.

mngopher35
05-26-2015, 02:03 PM
I think between Ok and Towns, Towns makes way more sense as a screen/roll-pop specialist who can run the floor with Wiggins, LaVine and Rubio opposed to Okafor who wants to play half court and eat up the paint.

On top of that defense is our biggest issue and he is better on that end too. I am all for taking bpa but to me these two are very close prospects and towns fits better and has more of a modern big skill set (rim protector who can play pick and roll both ends, has nice range).

I'd rather have those skills, that fits our team, and IMO the guy with more potential. They are both great prospects so I won't be mad with either but that's just how I see it.

D-Leethal
05-26-2015, 02:04 PM
On top of that defense is our biggest issue and he is better on that end too. I am all for taking bpa but to me these two are very close prospects and towns fits better and has more of a modern big skill set (rim protector who can play pick and roll both ends, has nice range).

I'd rather have those skills, that fits our team, and IMO the guy with more potential. They are both great prospects so I won't be mad with either but that's just how I see it.

Agree. Towns should become a bigger Horford with more hops and rim protection.

JNA17
05-26-2015, 08:05 PM
Flip in the audio clip below from Sirius/XM NBA show: "I love Russell." #twolves

https://twitter.com/DWolfsonKSTP/statuses/603347859979825154

David Kahn approving that draft pick from his grave.