PDA

View Full Version : Calipari made it known to want Pelicans job

Stunner
05-19-2015, 01:11 PM
@SportsCenter: John Calipari has made it known to Pelicans officials that he's interested in the team's head-coaching job. (via http://t.co/ayXbvvBxjy)

flea
05-19-2015, 01:13 PM
As a Pelicans fan, dear God please no.

Corey
05-19-2015, 01:19 PM
Why wouldn't he want to coach his former player, who happens to be the highest ceiling player in the NBA right now

Stunner
05-19-2015, 01:19 PM
@FOXSportsGunter: ESPN reporting John Calipari wants the New Orleans Pelicans job now. Willing to take 3 mil pay cut to get out of glass bubble of UK

Stunner
05-19-2015, 01:20 PM
Evans and Davis , Pelicans just gotta sign and trade Gordon for Brandon Knight . Gordon wanted to be in Phx anyway

Stunner
05-19-2015, 01:21 PM
@UKCoachCalipari: Even though Anthony and Tyreke are in NOLA, I have no interest in the Pelicans or any other job. I have a great job and I'm happy at UK.

cmellofan15
05-19-2015, 03:16 PM
@UKCoachCalipari: Even though Anthony and Tyreke are in NOLA, I have no interest in the Pelicans or any other job. I have a great job and I'm happy at UK.

Well there's that

lol, please
05-19-2015, 03:21 PM
Give me Mark "Developer of the Splash Brothers and leader of the Dubs to back to back deep playoff runs" Jackson over Calipari with a gun to my head.

no1baller13
05-19-2015, 06:47 PM
I'm not sure why Calipari has such a good rep as a coach; the guy definitely knows how to win on a collegiate level, but he has not proven himself to be a good coach on the NBA level. Also, this guy manages to get the top high school players on his teams, so it's not nearly as impressive as some of the other coaching jobs in the college ranks. I think a guy like Stevens when he was at Butler would be a better fit for the Pelicans. Stevens only had 2-3 NBA players in his tenure and was able to take his teams far into the tournament. Imagine the Pelicans have a Stevens-esque coach? They would surely vault into the top 6-7 in the West. It's kind of hard not to when you have a growing Anthony Davis and a core that can be lethal when healthy.

houstonfan
05-19-2015, 06:56 PM
Give me Mark "Developer of the Splash Brothers and leader of the Dubs to back to back deep playoff runs" Jackson over Calipari with a gun to my head.

Thats sarcasm right? Because losing in the second round and the first round aren't exactly deep playoff runs. If so then the Rockets are awesome at making deep playoff runs.

Chronz
05-19-2015, 08:29 PM
Thats sarcasm right? Because losing in the second round and the first round aren't exactly deep playoff runs. If so then the Rockets are awesome at making deep playoff runs.
I can never tell with him. I'm guessing this ones a joke tho

Vinny642
05-20-2015, 01:49 AM
I'd rather Thibs