PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland Winning a BAD Thing For Trying to Keep Kevin Love?

Nikeman
05-19-2015, 02:42 AM
Not trying to start ****, as I know Cavs fans and LeBron fans will come and attempt to bash me for starting ****, but if I am Kevin Love, and I see Cleveland beating Chicago without me, and in my opinion very likely beating the Atlanta Hawks without me, do I feel de-valued?

Reports by Woj already say the Cavs are seriously scared of losing Love, and watching the 10 or so Cavs games I have this season with Love playing, it legit seems like he has been made a 3 point floor spacer.

David Blatt used Love terribly, or basically in my opinion did not use him at all. All the Cleveland plays are isolations for Kyrie and LeBron.

If Cleveland keeps winning, as Kevin Love I am thinking screw this, I want to go to a team that needs me and truly utilizes me.

The Cavs have some golden pieces, I believe multiple first round picks, and Brendan Haywood has a 10 million expiring contract. If I am Cleveland, I attempt to recruit Marc Gasol in a S&T, send Love to the Lakers or Celtics or wherever he wants to go in a S&T and have the Lakers/Celtics send assets to the Grizzlies, basically a 3 team S&T.

Marc Gasol is the big man Cleveland needs, not Kevin Love.

PS- With Wiggins coming on strong at the end of the year, would everyone agree Minnesota won this trade. 7 years of Wiggins versus Love potentially leaving in one year? Wiggins could have taken over and became the future when LeBron retires.

jerellh528
05-19-2015, 02:54 AM
I think loves a smart guy, he probably knew they could advance to the finals without him in that conference. I think love made his mind up about staying probably sometime midway through the season. PIt would surprise me if he stayed, not because the cavs advanced without him, but because his talents aren't being emphasized on that team. Minny obviously won though, wiggins looks like the potential real deal, while love leaving looks fairly probable right now

WITZ
05-19-2015, 03:02 AM
Link to Woj saying that because as of now the media and especially Windy seemed to have finally stfu with the Love leaving narrative. Lol at Love if the cavs lets say win the finals or dont and he decides he wants to play else where well than i guess winning is not his top priority as he has been saying. You don't just walk away from that situation unless you are lebron and ur gm brings in McRoberts & Granger as ur big FA signings of the offseason after getting embarrassed in the finals the season before.

As far as Wiggins goes ill say what i say whenever he gets brought up say love is still putting 26-12 on the wolves and Wiggins putting up 12 points on the cavs watch everyone go out and call the cavs stupid for not making that trade :laugh2: . If the cavs win 1 championship i consider the trade a success on the cavs part and Wiggins coming on strong at the end of the season with the 0-8 record and 11% from 3 point range pretty sure those are just empty stats like everyone said of klove while he was losing in Minny . As far as Wiggins taking over When Lebron retire's i'm pretty sure 22 year old Kyrie will do just fine when the time comes. Pretty sure both teams are happy with the outcome of the trade at the end of the day.

goingfor28
05-19-2015, 03:09 AM
He's gone regardless

Nikeman
05-19-2015, 03:29 AM
Link to Woj saying that because as of now the media and especially Windy seemed to have finally stfu with the Love leaving narrative. Lol at Love if the cavs lets say win the finals or dont and he decides he wants to play else where well than i guess winning is not his top priority as he has been saying. You don't just walk away from that situation unless you are lebron and ur gm brings in McRoberts & Granger as ur big FA signings of the offseason after getting embarrassed in the finals the season before.

As far as Wiggins goes ill say what i say whenever he gets brought up say love is still putting 26-12 on the wolves and Wiggins putting up 12 points on the cavs watch everyone go out and call the cavs stupid for not making that trade :laugh2: . If the cavs win 1 championship i consider the trade a success on the cavs part and Wiggins coming on strong at the end of the season with the 0-8 record and 11% from 3 point range pretty sure those are just empty stats like everyone said of klove while he was losing in Minny . As far as Wiggins taking over When Lebron retire's i'm pretty sure 22 year old Kyrie will do just fine when the time comes. Pretty sure both teams are happy with the outcome of the trade at the end of the day.

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/5/6/8560893/kevin-love-status-free-agent-cavaliers-rumors-2015

Article stating Woj saying Cav are worried.

L8kers4life
05-19-2015, 03:45 AM
If they win it all he still gets a ring, I can't see in anyway why he would want to leave a championship team, there will not be anything better for him somewhere else.

Mave1002
05-19-2015, 04:31 AM
^Ring with an *

FraziersKnicks
05-19-2015, 07:28 AM
^Ring with an *

Why? He still played a huge part in the regular season and helping them to the #2 seed.

FraziersKnicks
05-19-2015, 07:32 AM
I'm really not sure with Love. He's on a contender and will be getting paid max money. Depends what means more to him.

Contender and 3rd option or Lottery team and 1st option.

PhillyFaninLA
05-19-2015, 07:43 AM
Why would Kevin Love be more likely to leave a team that he can make better and he knows it? Why would he a leave a team that made at least the conference championship, if not the final, or gets a ring without him?

That doesn't make sense to me

KnicksorBust
05-19-2015, 08:08 AM
Why would Kevin Love be more likely to leave a team that he can make better and he knows it? Why would he a leave a team that made at least the conference championship, if not the final, or gets a ring without him?

That doesn't make sense to me

Love would never get credit for a ring if they won without him first.

PhillyFaninLA
05-19-2015, 08:12 AM

Yeah but why would he leave...if your Kevin Love and they win without you and you know you can only improve the team, and they will pay you, why not stay for a chance at multiple rings.

mightybosstone
05-19-2015, 09:42 AM
I agree that the Cavaliers haven't utilized his talents especially well, but the logic of Love wanting to leave because the Cavs have been so successful without him doesn't make a ton of sense. If the Cavs advance to the Finals or even somehow win the whole thing, then Cleveland is clearly the best place for him. Not only will they be able to offer him the most money, but they offer him the best chance to win future championships. Why would he leave that?

I don't think Love is going anywhere. And if it does leave, it won't be to go to a team that offers him a better chance at winning a title.

KnicksorBust
05-19-2015, 09:47 AM

Yeah but why would he leave...if your Kevin Love and they win without you and you know you can only improve the team, and they will pay you, why not stay for a chance at multiple rings.

Because his return could at best produce the same result but if they didnt repeat he would continue to be abused and labeled a loser. If they won it would still be bc of Bron and Kyrie.

nycericanguy
05-19-2015, 10:08 AM
I agree that the Cavaliers haven't utilized his talents especially well, but the logic of Love wanting to leave because the Cavs have been so successful without him doesn't make a ton of sense. If the Cavs advance to the Finals or even somehow win the whole thing, then Cleveland is clearly the best place for him. Not only will they be able to offer him the most money, but they offer him the best chance to win future championships. Why would he leave that?

I don't think Love is going anywhere. And if it does leave, it won't be to go to a team that offers him a better chance at winning a title.

makes sense to me... I'm sure there are a lot of other factors at play, but these guys have egos... they want to be the reason, or at least a big reason why a team wins. Love is too young to be riding on other players coattails for a title.

I agree he wouldn't get much credit for winning titles if they can win without him...

It's kind of a lose lose for Love... in MIN he was considered a stat padder who never won, so now in CLE his numbers go down big time, and they win without him... what does that say about his value? If you're going to sacrifice personal stats you should at least get the glory of being a key piece to a great team... not have that team win without you...lol

jerellh528
05-19-2015, 10:13 AM
People in here are making it seem like the cavs are the only place where he can contend and that contending is synonymous with him being a left out 3rd option, what if love feels he can contend on a team that properly integrates him? Not saying this would happen, but imagine him on a team like the Bulls.

KnicksorBust
05-19-2015, 10:16 AM
People in here are making it seem like the cavs are the only place where he can contend and that contending is synonymous with him being a left out 3rd option, what if love feels he can contend on a team that properly integrates him? Not saying this would happen, but imagine him on a team like the Bulls.

Makes sense. Theoretically he could have still put up monster scoring numbers by Kyrie alpha maled him out.

D-Leethal
05-19-2015, 10:17 AM
If they win it all and he stays, it's a no-win situation for him next year. If they win again, they were supposed to because they already won without him, if they lose next year after winning the year before, it's Love's fault.

Reminds me of when Artest signed with LA and put the onus on himself right away saying if they don't win back to back it's his fault. Love would never say that, but I'm sure deep down he would know that's how it would be portrayed. They will need to exceed whatever they do this year for Love to get credit for his contributions, and the East ain't never gonna be as easy as it was this year, but that won't matter.

KnicksorBust
05-19-2015, 10:20 AM
If they win it all and he stays, it's a no-win situation for him next year. If they win again, they were supposed to because they already won without him, if they lose next year after winning the year before, it's Love's fault.

Reminds me of when Artest signed with LA and put the onus on himself right away saying if they don't win back to back it's his fault. Love would never say that, but I'm sure deep down he would know that's how it would be portrayed. They will need to exceed whatever they do this year for Love to get credit for his contributions, and the East ain't never gonna be as easy as it was this year, but that won't matter.

Ironically the Artest example shows the opposite perspective of your argument. Artest played his guts out in game 7 to win LAL the chip. He gets full credit for that ring.

DetroitBadBoy
05-19-2015, 10:20 AM
I still can't believe they got lucky and even landed that #1 pick. They are just extremely lucky to be in this position right now. If I'm a Cavs fan, I wouldn't be sour over losing Love this offseason, I'd be sour about your GM trading Wiggins and jeopardizing the future they lucked into.

D-Leethal
05-19-2015, 10:24 AM
Ironically the Artest example shows the opposite perspective of your argument. Artest played his guts out in game 7 to win LAL the chip. He gets full credit for that ring.

Yea but it was supposed to happen, Love will earn his ring but if they win back to back it's because they were supposed to. If they lose it's because Love "still can't win". You can still earn something that you were supposed to do. Nobody will be looking at Love like he was the piece they needed to get over the hump, they were already over the hump.

Ron might have been helped by the fact that KG got hurt in '09 as well, if they lost to the C's the 2009 ring might have been tainted instead of Ron being tainted.

KnicksorBust
05-19-2015, 10:42 AM

Yea but it was supposed to happen, Love will earn his ring but if they win back to back it's because they were supposed to. If they lose it's because Love "still can't win". You can still earn something that you were supposed to do. Nobody will be looking at Love like he was the piece they needed to get over the hump, they were already over the hump.

Ron might have been helped by the fact that KG got hurt in '09 as well, if they lost to the C's the 2009 ring might have been tainted instead of Ron being tainted.

I would say the biggest difference is as recently as 2 seasons ago Love was looked at as a #1 option/star player whereas Artest was at a completely different place in his career. I agree with the 1st paragraph and said as much in my earlier post.

TrueFan420
05-19-2015, 10:47 AM
Maybe because if they don't win the following year all we will hear about is how the Cavs are better without him.

Vee-Rex
05-19-2015, 10:57 AM
Dude wasted away 6 losing years in Minnesota. He has been quoted at saying stuff like, "I don't care if they need me to sweep the floor or be the waterboy. I want to win."

Now obviously he's a grown man and talented NBA player so he wants to contribute, but I think you guys are underestimating how badly he wants to win a ring. He's thirsty. All indications are that he's more than willing to take on a smaller role for a team if it means winning. If he got paid a max contract to win rings and still put up 17 and 10, I see no reason why he'd leave.

Now, with that said... if the Cavs did win the championship this year, are they willing to pay someone like Love the max contract in 2015? Maybe Love opts out and the Cavs give him a longer deal? Maybe Love opts in for one more year, and the Cavs decide NOT to give him a max deal in 2016? I guess that depends on how the Cavs do next year?

There's too many variables to know whats going to happen. But I do think Love wants to be in Cleveland to win rings even as a third option.

Hawkeye15
05-19-2015, 10:58 AM
I would be surprised if he opted out and left this summer. With the cap set to rise big time after next season, I don't see why he doesn't wait for it to do so.

Hawkeye15
05-19-2015, 10:58 AM
and if Cleveland is that worried about Love leaving, they will find another coach that will utilize him more.

Love for sure is a player whose ego needs to be stroked, and he needs to be read a bed time story at night while being told how good he is. But, if motivated, he is one hell of a player.

KnicksorBust
05-19-2015, 11:00 AM
I would be surprised if he opted out and left this summer. With the cap set to rise big time after next season, I don't see why he doesn't wait for it to do so.

Personally giving up the guaranteed money seems risky for a guy who has been injured. If he can get the max now...

Vee-Rex
05-19-2015, 11:02 AM
Not trying to start ****, as I know Cavs fans and LeBron fans will come and attempt to bash me for starting ****, but if I am Kevin Love, and I see Cleveland beating Chicago without me, and in my opinion very likely beating the Atlanta Hawks without me, do I feel de-valued?

Reports by Woj already say the Cavs are seriously scared of losing Love, and watching the 10 or so Cavs games I have this season with Love playing, it legit seems like he has been made a 3 point floor spacer.

David Blatt used Love terribly, or basically in my opinion did not use him at all. All the Cleveland plays are isolations for Kyrie and LeBron.

If Cleveland keeps winning, as Kevin Love I am thinking screw this, I want to go to a team that needs me and truly utilizes me.

The Cavs have some golden pieces, I believe multiple first round picks, and Brendan Haywood has a 10 million expiring contract. If I am Cleveland, I attempt to recruit Marc Gasol in a S&T, send Love to the Lakers or Celtics or wherever he wants to go in a S&T and have the Lakers/Celtics send assets to the Grizzlies, basically a 3 team S&T.

PS- With Wiggins coming on strong at the end of the year, would everyone agree Minnesota won this trade. 7 years of Wiggins versus Love potentially leaving in one year? Wiggins could have taken over and became the future when LeBron retires.

Funny... you were one of the main guys completely bashing Cavs fans for not wanting to trade Wiggins. Lots of us wanted to wait it out a bit and see if we can acquire other pieces that would help w/o giving up our franchise pick, but you clowned us for wanting that. Now you're gonna throw it in our face that Love could leave in a year and how it was probably a terrible trade?

Lol, only on PSD.

akesh99
05-19-2015, 11:10 AM
Bosh caught a lot of flack early on as well. People seem to change their tone once the hand start to fill up with rings. Love will stay.

hugepatsfan
05-19-2015, 11:18 AM
Love knows he can win in CLE but he will have to accept a reduced role. He can go somewhere else and be more of a focal point but that makes winning more difficult. He's human so I'm sure he wants to win and be "the man." It will be about balancing those two factors, as well as the off the court stuff like where he wants to live for half the year.

hugepatsfan
05-19-2015, 11:21 AM

Personally giving up the guaranteed money seems risky for a guy who has been injured. If he can get the max now...

He can opt out and sign a max deal with another team but a player option after year 1. Whether he stays in CLE or goes somewhere else he thinks he'll like better I expect it to be a 1 year thing.

Tony_Starks
05-19-2015, 11:44 AM
I think loves a smart guy, he probably knew they could advance to the finals without him in that conference. I think love made his mind up about staying probably sometime midway through the season. PIt would surprise me if he stayed, not because the cavs advanced without him, but because his talents aren't being emphasized on that team. Minny obviously won though, wiggins looks like the potential real deal, while love leaving looks fairly probable right now

Pretty much. I was of the belief that once Love became the lost guy in the shuffle he was gone already. This is way different from Bosh. Bosh was a superstar on his own merits already, had moderate success solo as the man, and even though his role was reduced on the superteam he still played a key pivotal role in getting rings. They needed him.

Love is widely viewed as a good player on a bad team type all-star, has proved to be horrible leading a team, and is on a team now that actually benefits in some ways when he's off the floor. On top of that his biggest payday of his career hangs in the balance and Cleveland has publicly said he's not a max player.

He's gone all the way around regardless of Cavs success......

WITZ
05-19-2015, 11:56 AM
At least people have stopped including Anthony Bennett as a big trade chip because when the trade 1st happened all you saw was the cavs gave up to much talent :laugh2:

Vee-Rex
05-19-2015, 12:14 PM
At least people have stopped including Anthony Bennett as a big trade chip because when the trade 1st happened all you saw was the cavs gave up to much talent :laugh2:

Yeah, we were clowned for giving up Bennett lol.

That's the way PSD works, man. I'd say most people were singing a COMPLETELY different tune at the beginning of the year. It was the offseason and the focus was largely on the possible Wiggins/Love deal. I probably read every post. Dudes were ******** on the Cavs fans for not wanting to give up Wiggins.

Now? omgz cleevlin maid a stoopit twade!

bucketss
05-19-2015, 12:31 PM
i just don't see what other team love would go! maybe spurs?

no1baller13
05-19-2015, 12:39 PM

To be honest, I think it will come down to whether Love wants to the be "the guy" or not. If he doesn't care, he will stay with LeBron and try to win as many championships as he can. I think the idea that the team can win without him is actually more enticing because when he comes back, he will the piece that takes them a step further towards a repeat. If anyone is gone, I think it will be Blatt. I hope not because I believe that he can become a successful NBA coach, but I think that if LeBron wants him gone, we can pretty much pencil him out as HC for next year.

On a side note though, I would love to see Kevin Love on the Celtics. I know it's not realistic (especially with all that has happened with Olynyk), but I really feel like Stevens can mold him into a much better player and would use schemes that would utilize his talents.

rockets-fan
05-19-2015, 01:25 PM
i just don't see what other team love would go! maybe spurs?

Not sure pop would want someone without a defensive presence as a max player on his team...

If he leaves I say it's a sign and trade to a contender..

Memphis? Switching Love for Gasol?
Portland? Switching LMA for Love?
OKC? Ibaka and picks for Love?

Lakers to go back to LA where he loves?

I'll throw in my dream scenario where he demands to go to Houston in a sign and trade...

Houston gets their 3rd star in Love and great fit next to Dwight

Cleaver and will get more picks and young players like Tjones, or DMO or idk. But they made it this far without Love, why lose him for nothing right?

Best bet, he stays.

KnicksorBust
05-19-2015, 01:42 PM

He can opt out and sign a max deal with another team but a player option after year 1. Whether he stays in CLE or goes somewhere else he thinks he'll like better I expect it to be a 1 year thing.

Makes sense.

Scoots
05-19-2015, 02:00 PM
The Celtics were high on Love's list supposedly.

Love would probably prefer to go to LA or stay east where it will be easier to get in the playoffs.

Love may see that he's more likely to get a big deal if he puts up the numbers elsewhere for a year rather than spending another year in the shade then trying to get his big deal.

Nikeman
05-19-2015, 04:39 PM
Funny... you were one of the main guys completely bashing Cavs fans for not wanting to trade Wiggins. Lots of us wanted to wait it out a bit and see if we can acquire other pieces that would help w/o giving up our franchise pick, but you clowned us for wanting that. Now you're gonna throw it in our face that Love could leave in a year and how it was probably a terrible trade?

Lol, only on PSD.

Yes. And if you go back in time the trade still happens because that's what LeBron wants. I just didn't think that your coach would make one of the better offensive players in the league a 3 point shooter and that's all.

FlashBolt
05-19-2015, 05:03 PM
I personally think this is a failed experiment. If Love truly isn't happy, he should do what is best for him and put himself in a situation in which he is comfortable. I'm not sure if he will truly be able to be that Minnesota player ever again with the Cavs.