PDA

View Full Version : Who would you pick 1st overall in the 2015 NBA draft?

1_team_1_dream
05-18-2015, 05:23 PM
If your building a team from scratch who would you pick with the 1st pick and why?

xxplayerxx23
05-18-2015, 05:53 PM
Oakfor best player in the draft post moves that could lead to greatness. Changes if you have certain players on the team already

NYKnickFanatic
05-18-2015, 05:58 PM
My heart says Towns, but people have been convincing me lately to go with Okafor.

FlashBolt
05-18-2015, 05:59 PM
I'd rather take Towns tbh. Better defender, can hit FT's, more versatile, and his glass ceiling is higher. He needs to bulk up a bit, though.

JWO35
05-18-2015, 06:03 PM
D'angelo Russell

IndyRealist
05-18-2015, 06:07 PM
I'd rather take Towns tbh. Better defender, can hit FT's, more versatile, and his glass ceiling is higher. He needs to bulk up a bit, though.

Glass ceiling is not a term used for men.

FlashBolt
05-18-2015, 06:13 PM
Glass ceiling is not a term used for men.
Who cares?

tp13baby
05-18-2015, 06:38 PM
There is not a player that has a bigger impact on both ends of the floor than Towns. If your team needs a scorer Okafor would make sense but his defense is so so.

To me Towns potential offensively and current skills is better than okafors defensive potential and current defensive skills. That's enough for me to think Towns will be the better 2 way player.

I'll take towns.

FlashBolt
05-18-2015, 06:41 PM
There is not a player that has a bigger impact on both ends of the floor than Towns. If your team needs a scorer Okafor would make sense but his defense is so so.

To me Towns potential offensively and current skills is better than okafors defensive potential and current defensive skills. That's enough for me to think Towns will be the better 2 way player.

I'll take towns.

That and the fact that he can hit FT's. FT shooting has been more of an issue than ever these days.

tp13baby
05-18-2015, 06:42 PM
Oakfor best player in the draft post moves that could lead to greatness. Changes if you have certain players on the team already

NBA offense is 90 percent pick and roll. He has to improve by leaps and bounds in pick and roll or he will hurt a team severely. I agree Okafor post moves are incredible but he is certainly not a strong defensive player.

tp13baby
05-18-2015, 06:49 PM
That and the fact that he can hit FT's. FT shooting has been more of an issue than ever these days.

Absolutely.
Depend on your team. NY should get towns. He compliments Melo a ton better than Okafor. Defensively, offensively not needing the ball in his hands to be effective.

But okafor to me makes more sense for Minnesota, and the 76ers.

If I am picking not based on team needs Towns is the guy.

Raidaz4Life
05-18-2015, 06:51 PM
Russell

FlashBolt
05-18-2015, 06:52 PM
Absolutely.
Depend on your team. NY should get towns. He compliments Melo a ton better than Okafor. Defensively, offensively not needing the ball in his hands to be effective.

76ers? I doubt they are taking him with Embiid probably being ready to play when the season starts. I actually like Embiid's game more than Okafor. Okafor is a tricky issue tbh. NBA is so versatile and it's come to a point where you have to play multiple positions to be truly successful.

D-Leethal
05-18-2015, 06:55 PM
glass ceiling is not a term used for men.

lol.

More-Than-Most
05-18-2015, 06:59 PM
I hope the sixers get the 2nd pick... I do not want Okafor... He will never play defense and is beyond overrated already... Yes he will be great offensively but that will lead to even more lazyness on the defensive end... He has shown no will to get better defensively and the few times he has actually tried to play defense he looked lost... It will be laughable when he comes up to the NBA. I really hope we dont fall for the trap if we get the first pick to take the suppose best player because id rather have any of the other top 4.

D-Leethal
05-18-2015, 07:03 PM
Towns has a higher 2 way ceiling but higher bust potential, Okafor has the highest floor and probably the surest bet to at least big a bigger, stronger Al Jefferson, and Russell looks like he has the next big superstar guard written all over him.

D-Leethal
05-18-2015, 07:04 PM
I like the way Fran Fraschilla put it - Okafor is a guaranteed home run, Towns is a possible grand slam.

More-Than-Most
05-18-2015, 07:06 PM
I like the way Fran Fraschilla put it - Okafor is a guaranteed home run, Towns is a possible grand slam.

That is spot on.

Scoots
05-18-2015, 07:11 PM
If Memphis was picking first it would be Okafor ... they would just slot him right in and they'd keep banging with an inside-inside based offense. No other team is really built to optimize his skills.

D-Leethal
05-18-2015, 07:13 PM
If Memphis was picking first it would be Okafor ... they would just slot him right in and they'd keep banging with an inside-inside based offense. No other team is really built to optimize his skills.

The triangle is tailor made for a guy with Okafor's skills.

ManningToTyree
05-18-2015, 07:35 PM
Towns

PurpleJesus
05-18-2015, 07:44 PM
A mod should add a poll.

jerellh528
05-18-2015, 07:47 PM
I've been wanting okafor all year long, but lately I've been leaning more towards towns.

flea
05-18-2015, 07:55 PM
I used to say Towns but I'm changing my mind to Okafor. The only two things Towns has on him are athleticism and shooting. Considering Okafor should never play more than 7 or 8 feet from the basket, I don't care about the shooting as much so long as he can be respectable (60-65%) at the line. Athleticism is great for a big man, but I think it's much less a necessity than at every other position.

To say Okafor is just the superior scorer understates how good he is. He's got just about every post move a big man could want and was developing into an even more dangerous scorer off the dribble. By year 2 he will be drawing doubles in the NBA and he is already a very good passer. Towns has a nice offensive game but it's like comparing Vucevic to Duncan's offense - one is clearly in another realm as a diverse and polished scorer.

Defensively people like Towns better, and for the moment that's probably right but Okafor has superior size and length. I think he'll be just fine as a shot blocker with his frame and instincts. Ideally you want a strong defensive PF next to Okafor, but also one with a jumpshot and/or credible inside game. With Towns's size, he may turn into a defensively strong Blake Griffin-type but he is not going to anchor an offense in the low post like Okafor can. He could just as easily turn into Serge Ibaka with a worse jumpshot as he could that. With Okafor, the worst you have is a dominant inside scorer - of which there are maybe 3 or 4 in the NBA currently.

yungincome
05-18-2015, 08:17 PM
D'Angelo

DillyDill
05-18-2015, 08:21 PM
The triangle is tailor made for a guy with Okafor's skills.

I hoping knicks draft him so that triangle can run smoothly

mngopher35
05-18-2015, 08:22 PM
I am hoping wolves get towns

JEDean89
05-18-2015, 08:27 PM
Russell honestly will be the guy that you want from this draft, the way Harden was from his draft. Blake was the can't miss homerun, Thabeet the possible grandslam (though lower than towns, who i think is also a guaranteed homerun), and Harden the guy you end up wanting (ignoring curry who was drafted later). Now, every draft is different and I think this one can be, but Russell to me is a guy who can completely change a game offensively and I think that is the most important thing in the NBA right now. You can get rebounding/rim protection but it's really hard to get a guy that can carry a whole team offensively. To me, Russell has that Curry/Harden ability to shoot/pass so well and be so crafty that defenses are just screwed. He is a guy that doesn't really come around very often and looking ahead to future drafts, there will be a bunch of bigs, so taking a guard for a team like the 76ers for instance, who will likely be in the low 20's of would very enticed to take him.

Ty22Mitchell
05-18-2015, 08:31 PM
76ers? I doubt they are taking him with Embiid probably being ready to play when the season starts. I actually like Embiid's game more than Okafor. Okafor is a tricky issue tbh. NBA is so versatile and it's come to a point where you have to play multiple positions to be truly successful.

The 76ers winning the lottery this year woud be golden; potentially three top picks that all play the same position. Lmao. Hinke is hilarious.

tp13baby
05-18-2015, 08:32 PM

I agree they take Russell. That wasn't my point. My point is okafor is a must need scorer type of pick. Towns to me is just going to be better and I think he already is.

Ty22Mitchell
05-18-2015, 08:34 PM
In a vacuum I hands down take Okafor.

NYKnickFanatic
05-18-2015, 08:43 PM
Absolutely.

I think Russell makes the most sense for the 6ers, IMO.

lamzoka
05-18-2015, 08:49 PM
Knicks need Town
76ers need Russel
Wolves need Okafor

tp13baby
05-18-2015, 08:58 PM
I agree. I'm just making a point that each team needs a a different skill set between towns and jahlil for the 6ers.

Knicks need Town
76ers need Russel
Wolves need Okafor

Exactly.

NYKnickFanatic
05-18-2015, 08:59 PM
I agree. I'm just making a point that each team needs a a different skill set between towns and jahlil for the 6ers.

Exactly.

Ok, gotcha. Sorry for the confusion.

roshan3ai
05-18-2015, 09:44 PM
Knicks need Town
76ers need Russel
Wolves need Okafor

Don't think the Wolves need Okafor. If they plan to retain Pek, then those two are a pretty bad fit in my opinion. Neither is a great rebounder, it would clog the paint, and neither is versatile enough on D.

IndyRealist
05-18-2015, 10:30 PM
Who cares?
This is why people think sports fans are Neanderthals.

5ass
05-18-2015, 10:50 PM
Don't think the Wolves need Okafor. If they plan to retain Pek, then those two are a pretty bad fit in my opinion. Neither is a great rebounder, it would clog the paint, and neither is versatile enough on D.

trade pekovic, easy decision. Dieng could be a nice fit next to okafor. Pekovic is too old for that group anyway.

TC9415
05-18-2015, 11:11 PM
trade pekovic, easy decision. Dieng could be a nice fit next to okafor. Pekovic is too old for that group anyway.

I think that's what we'd want to do, but that contract with his injury history will be a difficult task.

My #1 is Towns followed very closely by Okafor though. You won't see me complaining if we get either of them. I really am liking this draft class at the top though.

BklynKnicks3
05-18-2015, 11:28 PM
Mudiay easily

Bostonjorge
05-18-2015, 11:34 PM
Okafor the elite post player and offensive force. Seriously this guy never missed. Tim Duncan clone who has the skills to play day 1.

Jarvo
05-19-2015, 12:44 AM
I would Trade it and get Winslow But if I should keep it I'll get Okafor, I really hope he don't be a bust because he sucks at his FT's and defense he truly needs to get better.

Mave1002
05-19-2015, 04:33 AM
Kat.

PhillyFaninLA
05-19-2015, 05:30 AM
edit - didn't read OP until I posted.

I think I'd go with Towns if I'm building from scratch. I think his floor is higher than Okafer, Russell, or anyone else in the draft but is ceiling isn't quite as high as Okafer, Russell, or Mudaiy. I want to take a guy I can build around and certainly can become an all star to start a franchise. I think the other guys over a little more risk.

edit 2:

The sixers would need to take Russell, I'm hoping we get lucky and end up with the Lakers and Heat picks but that isn't likely, if we have the lakers pick at 6 I hope Mudaiy (or Winslow) somehow falls, we can play with Mudaiy at point and Russell at SG but also some point as well...from what I've heard about Mudaiy I believe those 2 could work in the same backcourt because they have different skill sets. Although Russell at Point and Winslow at SG could be special as well

PG - Russell
SG - TBD (hopefully somehow Russell is here and Mudaiy at PG or Winslow here with the Lakers pick at 6 if it happens)
SF - Saric (or tbd, I believe he gets bought out if we don't draft a SF at 6 or 11 with the Lakers or Heat pick)
PF - Noles
C - Embiid

That is a really nice core

FraziersKnicks
05-19-2015, 08:00 AM
I'm completely torn between Okafor and Russell. Not sold on Towns. I think Okafor and Russell are sure bet All-Stars.

I know people are weary about Okafor's defense but not many players come in to the league as polished two way players. You're very often either one or the other. I think it's easier to learn good defense as opposed to offense. If a player doesn't have the right touch around the rim there's nothing you can do.

Jahlil is an extremely polished offensive player who will learn how to play NBA defense. Most rookies are raw offensively but seeing a guy like Okafor or Russell being so polished offensively so young should be enough encouragement to take one of them.

PhillyFaninLA
05-19-2015, 08:14 AM
I'm completely torn between Okafor and Russell. Not sold on Towns. I think Okafor and Russell are sure bet All-Stars.

I know people are weary about Okafor's defense but not many players come in to the league as polished two way players. You're very often either one or the other. I think it's easier to learn good defense as opposed to offense. If a player doesn't have the right touch around the rim there's nothing you can do.

Jahlil is an extremely polished offensive player who will learn how to play NBA defense. Most rookies are raw offensively but seeing a guy like Okafor or Russell being so polished offensively so young should be enough encouragement to take one of them.

I think it depends on the team.

The Sixers have multiple bigs that can be really good. Nole already showed potential for special and game changing defense....Embiid if he can stay healthy can potentially become special....but we need a back court so Russell would be a no brainer for us.....if OKC wins the lottery tonight Okafor would make sense because they don't need a PG/SG like Russell because they already have that.

FraziersKnicks
05-19-2015, 08:54 AM
I think it depends on the team.

The Sixers have multiple bigs that can be really good. Nole already showed potential for special and game changing defense....Embiid if he can stay healthy can potentially become special....but we need a back court so Russell would be a no brainer for us.....if OKC wins the lottery tonight Okafor would make sense because they don't need a PG/SG like Russell because they already have that.

Yeah, from the Sixers perspective I can see why you would pass on Towns/Okafor because of need. I personally think Okafor will be better than Noel/Embiid at their peaks though.

If OKC win the lottery tonight it will be the closest I've ever been to believing the league rigs it.

"Oh one of the best players in the league is gonna leave a small market for the umpteenth time in the past decade. Let's give them the #1 pick to keep him around."

KnicksorBust
05-19-2015, 09:01 AM
Would the Sixers draft Russell at #1 if they won the lottery?

PhillyFaninLA
05-19-2015, 09:45 AM

I believe they would....or they would draft Okafer and try and work out a deal for a team to draft him at 2 or 3 and wants Okafer.

I also don't think its a stretch for any team to take him 1. I don't believe you need to justify Russell, Okafer, or Towns first overall

kingkenny01
05-19-2015, 10:25 AM
I honestly think the top four players are roughly the same caliber, towns, okafor, Russell, and mudiay. It's a win if you get any of the four, all have their pros and cons all could be all stars or bust. All I have to say If a team gets the first pick they better trust their GM. My pick would be towns.

KnicksorBust
05-19-2015, 10:29 AM

I believe they would....or they would draft Okafer and try and work out a deal for a team to draft him at 2 or 3 and wants Okafer.

I also don't think its a stretch for any team to take him 1. I don't believe you need to justify Russell, Okafer, or Towns first overall

You believe they would be immediately your thoughts went to a trade. I would debate further but with the lottery tonight I will just wait and see how it breaks out before going too hypothetical. Gl tonight. Big hinkie fan

PhillyFaninLA
05-19-2015, 10:41 AM
You believe they would be immediately your thoughts went to a trade. I would debate further but with the lottery tonight I will just wait and see how it breaks out before going too hypothetical. Gl tonight. Big hinkie fan

Thanks you too. I like it when my teams rivals are good.

crewfan13
05-19-2015, 11:49 AM
For me its Towns without a doubt over Okafor. In today's NBA, floor spacing and defense are vital. If you're building a team about Okafor, it has to basically be a team of jump shooters. Okafor is a paint clogger and not a strong defender. Its not super easy to build around those guys. Towns has the potential to be a defensive ace and a guy who can spread the floor a little. He may never have 3 PT range, but being able to hit 15 footers is huge in the game today as it opens up the middle for slashing guards.

Someone said that OKC would want Okafor over Towns, and I completely disagree. Imagine having Ibaka and Towns, both of whom can hit 15 footers, surrounding a guy like Westbrook. You can't sag too far off of either one of those two, in fear that you give them an easy jumper, and all a guy like Westy needs is an inch of space to get to the rim. And there's a lot of teams that follow that model these days. Its getting less and less common to build a team around a guy who's only real impact on the game comes when he's getting his touches on the block. Not to mention Okafor is not a good defender.

tp13baby
05-19-2015, 12:02 PM

Absolutely. As a Denver fan if we climb somehow that high Denver will be picking Russell with the number 1. I don't think its a huge difference between 1-4.

My board in the top 4 would go
Towns
Okafor
Russell
Mudiay

Hawkeye15
05-19-2015, 12:07 PM

If we trade Pek, the other team would need to send us a 2nd rounder for the 18 pallets of tampons we need to send along with Pek for all his injuries.

chrislu31
05-19-2015, 12:11 PM
I know a lot of people are saying KAT, but IMO who ever passes on Okafor will truly regret it, might end up with the best footwork for a 7 footer the NBA has ever seen.

2-ONE-5
05-19-2015, 12:14 PM
I hope the sixers get the 2nd pick... I do not want Okafor... He will never play defense and is beyond overrated already... Yes he will be great offensively but that will lead to even more lazyness on the defensive end... He has shown no will to get better defensively and the few times he has actually tried to play defense he looked lost... It will be laughable when he comes up to the NBA. I really hope we dont fall for the trap if we get the first pick to take the suppose best player because id rather have any of the other top 4.

its like u never watched him play. i expect nothing less from you though.

crewfan13
05-19-2015, 12:21 PM
I think people are overrating Okafor because he's great in one aspect of the game, but that aspect isn't all that valuable anymore. Sure, he'll be a very good low post scorer. But he'll also be a defensive liability. Kaminsky absolutely abused him in the national championship game to the point that Wisconsin was better off with Okafor in the game. All Okafor could do was either let him score or reach. Okafor will get smarter defensively, but he still lacks foot speed.

And he does have that elite offensive skillset, but how many teams utilize that these days. He's not going to be an asset in transition, he'll clog the lane if you have someone who drives and dishes, and he'll likely kill ball movement when you do feed it into the post. I just don't see that being a great asset in a game that now emphasizes getting up and down and floor spacing. I don't think he's a worthless player, but I'm not sure he's a great player either. Not that every draft has a stud franchise corner piece in it, but how successful have teams built around guys like Al Jefferson and Greg Monroe been? I think Okafor is a player in their mold. He can be a good player and maybe make some All-Star games, but its tough to build around him since his skills dictate a certain style of play.

no1baller13
05-19-2015, 12:47 PM
Truthfully, if I had the first pick of the draft, I would select KAT just because the draft (especially at the top), is always big first. I think the debate with Dwight and Emeka is eerily similar to the debate we are hearing now between KAT and the younger Okafor. Personally, as a Knicks fan, I would rather have Russell instead of the two big men. In the guard-dominant league, I really think solid guard play is a must. The Knicks have not had that for a very long time, and I believe that Russell's combination of passing, shooting, and leadership would be a great fit for the Knicks. However, if it does come down to the two big men, it makes sense to take KAT even though Jahlil will probably produce more at first. KAT has more two-way potential that teams look for and is almost unheard of with big guys. Think Marc Gasol at best and a poor man's Al Horford if his offense doesn't develop.

no1baller13
05-19-2015, 12:49 PM
Just wondering what you guys think:

Do you think that Okafor's defensive will improve to a respectable level? There are reports that he has been cutting down since the season ended. Honestly, a more mobile and well-conditioned Okafor would make the owner of the 1st selection think more than once.

no1baller13
05-19-2015, 12:50 PM

I can definitely see it. Or they might take one of the two big guys and trade away Noel or Embiid for a guard. I could also see them trading down to 3 and receiving a player and/or additional pick back.

Hawkeye15
05-19-2015, 12:58 PM
I can definitely see it. Or they might take one of the two big guys and trade away Noel or Embiid for a guard. I could also see them trading down to 3 and receiving a player and/or additional pick back.

Hinkie is an asset guy, I can for sure see them attempting to move down a spot or two if they can get the pick, and an asset.

dalton749
05-19-2015, 01:37 PM
I'm not sold on okafor being any better than Monroe, muddiay and Russell can both be very good I think if they are given a long leash to develop their games from day one

crewfan13
05-19-2015, 02:24 PM
Hinkie is an asset guy, I can for sure see them attempting to move down a spot or two if they can get the pick, and an asset.

I would tend to agree with that to an extent, but he's also known to be in search of a stud player, the type of guy who can be a top 5-10 player in the league. If he sees any of those guys with that potential, even if it is another one of those bigs, I wouldn't at all be surprised to see him pull the trigger.

I think the whole asset collection stage he's been in for the last few years has basically been ammo to try to get that franchise changer. I couldn't see him trading down just to get more assets if he views any of those guys as a franchise changer, unless he's certain he can still get him with the trade down (let's say he likes Mudiay or Russell and knows Towns and Okafor will go 1/2, then he might trade to 3 if possible.)

Its entirely possible he doesn't love an of the guys in this draft as well, in which case, I would not at all be surprised if he trades down in hopes of collecting future picks and future assets.

Hawkeye15
05-19-2015, 02:43 PM
I would tend to agree with that to an extent, but he's also known to be in search of a stud player, the type of guy who can be a top 5-10 player in the league. If he sees any of those guys with that potential, even if it is another one of those bigs, I wouldn't at all be surprised to see him pull the trigger.

I think the whole asset collection stage he's been in for the last few years has basically been ammo to try to get that franchise changer. I couldn't see him trading down just to get more assets if he views any of those guys as a franchise changer, unless he's certain he can still get him with the trade down (let's say he likes Mudiay or Russell and knows Towns and Okafor will go 1/2, then he might trade to 3 if possible.)

Its entirely possible he doesn't love an of the guys in this draft as well, in which case, I would not at all be surprised if he trades down in hopes of collecting future picks and future assets.

He is a Morey protege. The concept is, if you don't see that player as a future star, he is always expendable. So if he doesn't love a player, he will flip trades if he can. If he drafts someone, and they aren't turning into what he expected, he trades them before they get near the "pay me" days, so that is someone else's problem.

To the casual fan, it may look like trading MCW for instance, was a huge tank move. Hinkie obviously just didn't think MCW had star potential, so flip him now and move on.

But, you are right. If he is in love with a certain player, he will take him and run.

sammyvine
05-19-2015, 02:54 PM
This is actually tricky

Big men always go first but we have seen the impact that elite PG's/Combo guards have had.

Westbrook slipped to 4th, Curry went 7th, Lillard 6th and you can argue that Curry and Westbrook are top 5 players and Lillard at worst is a top 20 player....so basically guards can dominate and have a massive impact on a franchise.

Towns and Okafor seem to be the legit top 2...but what if Russell and Mudiay are legit like Curry or Westbrook?

The best GM to make the first pick would be Sam Presti. He is an amazing talent evaluator and I would trust him with the number 1 pick.

Hawkeye15
05-19-2015, 03:06 PM
This is actually tricky

Big men always go first but we have seen the impact that elite PG's/Combo guards have had.

Westbrook slipped to 4th, Curry went 7th, Lillard 6th and you can argue that Curry and Westbrook are top 5 players and Lillard at worst is a top 20 player....so basically guards can dominate and have a massive impact on a franchise.

Towns and Okafor seem to be the legit top 2...but what if Russell and Mudiay are legit like Curry or Westbrook?

The best GM to make the first pick would be Sam Presti. He is an amazing talent evaluator and I would trust him with the number 1 pick.

exactly why he isn't near the top of the lottery despite massive injuries this year.

Bostonjorge
05-19-2015, 05:37 PM
I think people are overrating Okafor because he's great in one aspect of the game, but that aspect isn't all that valuable anymore. Sure, he'll be a very good low post scorer. But he'll also be a defensive liability. Kaminsky absolutely abused him in the national championship game to the point that Wisconsin was better off with Okafor in the game. All Okafor could do was either let him score or reach. Okafor will get smarter defensively, but he still lacks foot speed.

And he does have that elite offensive skillset, but how many teams utilize that these days. He's not going to be an asset in transition, he'll clog the lane if you have someone who drives and dishes, and he'll likely kill ball movement when you do feed it into the post. I just don't see that being a great asset in a game that now emphasizes getting up and down and floor spacing. I don't think he's a worthless player, but I'm not sure he's a great player either. Not that every draft has a stud franchise corner piece in it, but how successful have teams built around guys like Al Jefferson and Greg Monroe been? I think Okafor is a player in their mold. He can be a good player and maybe make some All-Star games, but its tough to build around him since his skills dictate a certain style of play.

Defensive liability is a huge reach. Duke had 1 big all year. Winslow played PF most of the time every game. Okafor always checked the best big and was more then enough all year. He only had problems guarding big who could step out. He can play defense just not elite Defense.

Using one game against him is dumb. It's like saying towns with the #2 ranked defensive player next him playing C got exposed. Kaminsky and Decker, 2 bigs who play like guards and are worst on D then Okafor was enough to stop towns.

crewfan13
05-19-2015, 06:43 PM
Towns is still very raw offensively. You use the Wisconsin game because it definitely highlighted his weaknesses. Had Frank hit some tough shots and all of that stuff, then you chalk it up to luck and all that. But if you watch the way Kaminsky abused Okafor, you can see the overarching complaints about him all rolled into one. Any big guy with even mediocre quickness and any skill off the bounce can abuse him.

2-ONE-5
05-19-2015, 07:28 PM
i dont even think Kaminski abused Okafor and 2 of his 4 fouls were terrible calls where he did nothing but what i loved was how he swung the momentum of the game when he came bak in late with 2 great plays. I think Okafor def improved on D as the season, especially tourny went on. He was the #1 option so i dont think he was asked to worry about D too much although there were times you can see he was slow footed or late to react to plays but thats part of development