PDA

View Full Version : Deandre Jordan wants $100 Million

Stunner
05-18-2015, 12:03 PM
@MySportsLegion: DeAndre Jordan is reportedly seeking a 5 year, $100 million contract. (Y!)

Lmfaoo he can get a smooth $85 million

xnick5757
05-18-2015, 12:05 PM
With the season he just had and the cap shooting up? He'll get that, easy

sixers247
05-18-2015, 12:09 PM
He will get that easy and get to choose from multiple offers.

Sadds The Gr8
05-18-2015, 12:10 PM
alot of the analytic guys are saying that he's gonna get it, so it's not surprising, but I wouldn't pay him that.

Dade County
05-18-2015, 12:15 PM
Good for him... It pays to be tall and can jump. Lmao

dhopisthename
05-18-2015, 12:26 PM
man that is so much for a guy who has zero offense and while decent on defense, he isn't a ben wallace type anchor.

Hangtime
05-18-2015, 12:30 PM
Anybody looking to improve their rebounding and defense will likely pay that price.

Stunner
05-18-2015, 12:36 PM
Anthony Davis better get $180 million then

Stunner
05-18-2015, 12:38 PM
@Mavs_FFL: Mark Cuban to DJ: "Make 5 free throws in a row and I'll give you that max deal." http://t.co/sG5IgfT7Kv

beasted86
05-18-2015, 01:05 PM
Anybody looking to improve their rebounding and defense will likely pay that price.

And lower their FT percentage

GiantsSwaGG
05-18-2015, 01:08 PM
:laugh: needed that laugh today

D-Leethal
05-18-2015, 01:14 PM
Why is everybody laughing? He is gonna get that easy and will have multiple offers to field at 20M/year. This is coming from someone who thinks he sucks. Thats the reality of the 2015 market.

goingfor28
05-18-2015, 01:15 PM
He'll easily get it. I read today the Clippers will over him the 5 year max. I'm sure there are plenty of other teams who will offer the 4/85 or whatever it is that other teams can offer too.

Ty22Mitchell
05-18-2015, 01:27 PM
I guarantee he gets 100 million dollars. Supply and demand. The have-nots always overspend on good players (with the assumption they'll become great players) because they want to join the "haves."

I personally would not give him that kind of money, unless my team was close. As good as he has been, he's not good enough to be a top 2 player on a winning team.

Cal827
05-18-2015, 01:29 PM
Yeah, some team is definitely gonna ante up. The first year of the deal is going to hurt, but when the cap rises over it won't be too terrible of a deal for an improved defense/blocking/rebounding presence in a Centre, who's been able to stay healthy for his career. Depending on the draft lottery, I wouldn't be shocked if the Lakers make a big offer. It could help Randles confidence/ development coming back from the injury in what will essentially be his rookie year. They also are essentially free of Cap restrictions in 2016, when Kobe probably retires. Starting with a good front court could make it much more appealing to some of the other guys who are FAs then.

NYKnickFanatic
05-18-2015, 01:30 PM
Guys can laugh all you want. DJ will be laughing when he gets it.

Stunner
05-18-2015, 01:30 PM
@MySportsLegion: Chris Paul and DeAndre Jordan reportedly had a falling out this season, which could lead to Jordan leaving the Clippers. (via @sportsreiter)

NYKnickFanatic
05-18-2015, 01:32 PM
@MySportsLegion: Chris Paul and DeAndre Jordan reportedly had a falling out this season, which could lead to Jordan leaving the Clippers. (via @sportsreiter)

I heard the same thing about Butler/Rose...any truth to that?

Hawkeye15
05-18-2015, 01:36 PM
Why is everybody laughing? He is gonna get that easy and will have multiple offers to field at 20M/year. This is coming from someone who thinks he sucks. Thats the reality of the 2015 market.

bingo

Stunner
05-18-2015, 01:42 PM
I heard the same thing about Butler/Rose...any truth to that?

Tension over the game 6 offense I think it was more being frustrated they were losing than tension . Hell I'll be mad too if Thibs wasn't doing any coaching that night

Ty22Mitchell
05-18-2015, 01:46 PM

"Sucks" is a little strong, don't you think? He's defene and rim protection are elite for his position.

Ty22Mitchell
05-18-2015, 01:51 PM

If true, I don't understand how these guys can so sensitive and be in the top 1% of their profession. You don't have to be friends with someone to have a successful working relationship. There's people at work I hate, but I know they're damn good at what they do. So I only talk to them about work related things. It's not rocket science.

Clippersfan86
05-18-2015, 01:54 PM
http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/deandre-jordan-los-angeles-clippers-free-agency-chris-paul-rift-051815

I want us to sign and trade DJ anyway for a SF or higher IQ defensive anchor. I think Paul/Griffin alone are good for 50 wins every year, especially as Griffin keeps growing.

Clippersfan86
05-18-2015, 01:56 PM
CP3 didn't respect Jordan's work ethic according to article. Especially regarding his FT's. Blake works with shooting coach 3 hours a day, DJ often absent.

Method28
05-18-2015, 02:01 PM
http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/deandre-jordan-los-angeles-clippers-free-agency-chris-paul-rift-051815

I want us to sign and trade DJ anyway for a SF or higher IQ defensive anchor. I think Paul/Griffin alone are good for 50 wins every year, especially as Griffin keeps growing.
Is a S&T really possible with rule changes now? Plus if its Dallas he's signing with, what really could we get back? Parsons and Chandler?

Clippersfan86
05-18-2015, 02:01 PM
PS someone like Asik or Mozgov can replace much of what DJ does. Even take a chance on McGee maybe. But can't pay a guy 100+ mill to brick FT's and vanish most of the playoffs every year.

GiantsSwaGG
05-18-2015, 02:02 PM
bingo

That's what makes it even more funny, he's going to get it when he's clearly not worth it

NYKnickFanatic
05-18-2015, 02:12 PM

Who do you have in mind?

CluTcH_c1tY
05-18-2015, 02:16 PM
I think he's worth it. The guy is young and is only going to get better. He made Dwight look bad a few times. The center position is thin so he's worth that imo.

FlashBolt
05-18-2015, 02:24 PM
He's gonna get that easy but wow, the guy is useless on the offensive end unless you play a certain way. Would love to see him get to at 60% on the FT line but it seems he'd much rather practice lob dunks.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-18-2015, 02:25 PM
lmfao

Clippersfan86
05-18-2015, 02:25 PM
Who do you have in mind?

We need someone like DeMare Carroll or Wilson Chandler. Guy who is 3+D at a decent level. PS Clippers have full MLE. Would be easy to find a center like Mozgov to fill in admirably for that. Offer 2 year opt out deal for when cap increases. Trade DJ in sign and trade.

still1ballin
05-18-2015, 02:27 PM
ouch...

FlashBolt
05-18-2015, 02:27 PM
Honest to God, I don't even think the Clippers need DeAndre. The more I think about it, Blake is probably untradeable right now unless you can get another quality PF of his caliber. DeAndre on the other hand has become a liability at certain points of the game. You just can't pay someone max and have that happen. They really need to boost that bench up and I would also let go of Jamal Crawford. This guy is way too streaky and in the playoffs, that's going to hurt you when he's missing everything.

NYKnickFanatic
05-18-2015, 02:29 PM
We need someone like DeMare Carroll or Wilson Chandler. Guy who is 3+D at a decent level. PS Clippers have full MLE. Would be easy to find a center like Mozgov to fill in admirably for that. Offer 2 year opt out deal for when cap increases. Trade DJ in sign and trade.

Ooh I like the fit with Chandler on the Clippers. The silent assassin. Don't think I have ever seen that guy smile lol.

Clippersfan86
05-18-2015, 02:32 PM
Agree Bolt. All you need now in this perimeter dominant game is a 7 footer to crash boards, give hard fouls and defend a bit. Basically be big. Someone like Mozgov would be enough for 1/3 the price or less. Our wing Achilles heel is far worse. Blake and CP3 alone are good for 50 wins with Redick and halfway decent role players.

Clippersfan86
05-18-2015, 02:33 PM
Ooh I like the fit with Chandler on the Clippers. The silent assassin. Don't think I have ever seen that guy smile lol.

I've wanted him on team for 4 years.

FlashBolt
05-18-2015, 02:34 PM
Agree Bolt. All you need now in this perimeter dominant game is a 7 footer to crash boards, give hard fouls and defend a bit. Basically be big. Someone like Mozgov would be enough for 1/3 the price or less. Our wing Achilles heel is far worse. Blake and CP3 alone are good for 50 wins with Redick and halfway decent role players.

I have really come to enjoy Mosgov's game but if the Clips can make a run at Marc Gasol, I'm biting that. He would be a killer on that team. Can spread the floor, him and Blake are two of the best passing bigmen, and he hits FT's? He may not be as great of a rebounder but the amount of upside he can bring is just perfect for this team.

Clippersfan86
05-18-2015, 02:35 PM
Guys sign and trade Nuggets Chandler and young center Nurkic for DJ. Fair? Who wins?

BKLYNpigeon
05-18-2015, 02:35 PM
Have you seen Tyson Chandler this season? He can Barely manage 25 minutes. He's good for another year or 2, but definitely slowing down. Dwight owned him in 1st round of the playoffs.

curtcocaine
05-18-2015, 02:41 PM
Deandre and JJ for Barnes Lee and Bogut?

NYKnickFanatic
05-18-2015, 02:41 PM
Have you seen Tyson Chandler this season? He can Barely manage 25 minutes. He's good for another year or 2, but definitely slowing down. Dwight owned him in 1st round of the playoffs.

Wilson Chandler.

Clippersfan86
05-18-2015, 02:43 PM

I'd do it

mike_noodles
05-18-2015, 02:55 PM
I hope it's not my team that gives it to him. Would love to have him, but more like 5/85.

ewing
05-18-2015, 03:03 PM
I've wanted him on team for 4 years.

well, he did play a full season once in the time

Jarvo
05-18-2015, 03:06 PM
Hell nah lol if he gets that I wonder what AD get.

Method28
05-18-2015, 03:08 PM
Hell no imo. Love Barnes, but Lee and Bogut are far from a guarantee to give you anything at all. Way too risky.

DeAndre never misses a game. Also I think people are missing what else he brings to the team. DJ often fired this team up. He is imposing. He strikes fear on defense and people are afraid to leave him alone because he'll bring the house down with a dunk. That gets the crowd amped up as well.

Some say a dunk is worth two points and in most cases it is. But DJ can bring it down to a point where it demoralizes an opponent and gives his team/the crowd energy.

Is that worth what he'll be offered, maybe not. It all depends on what else is brought in to replace him and I DO NOT trust Doc to fill DJs role admirably if he leaves.

MonroeFAN
05-18-2015, 03:09 PM
I would move on personally. The guy has no offensive game to speak of (and no chance of developing one in LAC's system). I'm most likely in the minority here, but I would much rather have Drummond or Vucevic moving forward, and it's scary to think about how much it's going to cost if DA lands a contract like that.

MonroeFAN
05-18-2015, 03:10 PM
Hell no imo. Love Barnes, but Lee and Bogut are far from a guarantee to give you anything at all. Way too risky.

DeAndre never misses a game. Also I think people are missing what else he brings to the team. DJ often fired this team up. He is imposing. He strikes fear on defense and people are afraid to leave him alone because he'll bring the house down with a dunk. That gets the crowd amped up as well.

Some say a dunk is worth two points and in most cases it is. But DJ can bring it down to a point where it demoralizes an opponent and gives his team/the crowd energy.

LAC #1 in swag and could-have-beens for sure. Such an awesome team when it doesn't matter.

Method28
05-18-2015, 03:12 PM
lol @ this mentality. LAC #1 in swag and could-have-beens.
It has NOTHING to do with Swag lol

How many times have we seen teams get amped up because of a play a teammate makes and they go on a run. DJ provides energy to go along with rebounding, defending. The fact that you take a dunk amping up the crowd and his team as swag is ignorant. Like the Clips are the only team that dunks in the league lol

curtcocaine
05-18-2015, 03:16 PM

Is that worth what he'll be offered, maybe not. It all depends on what else is brought in to replace him and I DO NOT trust Doc to fill DJs role admirably if he leaves.
Bougut has a huge impact on the defensive end and rebounds.

Lee is a all star double double machine

Barnes should be the icing on the cake.

To be honest this is me felling as if we'd be putting offense on the back burner to be slightly better defensively.

Stunner
05-18-2015, 03:18 PM
Iggy and Bogut for Jordan would be ideal

Scoots
"Sucks" is a little strong, don't you think? He's defene and rim protection are elite for his position.

No. His opponent shooting % at the rim is terrible among centers. He's good, very good at a few parts of the game. But his rim protection is not one of them. If Doc hadn't been selling him hard all year he wouldn't have been a blip in the DPOY voting.

That said, he's absolutely going to get paid and the Clippers have essentially no choice but to do the paying.

Method28
Bougut has a huge impact on the defensive end and rebounds.

Lee is a all star double double machine

Barnes should be the icing on the cake.

To be honest this is me felling as if we'd be putting offense on the back burner to not be slightly better defensively.
Oh I agree about Bogut. But he's too much of an injury risk for my liking. DJ never misses a game. If we made that deal and Bogut and/or Lee went down, my goodness the hit we'd take lol

As far as Lee goes, he WAS an allstar and its tough to tell what he has left considering he played so little this year.

MonroeFAN
05-18-2015, 03:19 PM
There's nothing ignorant about it. They're not an elite defensive team, so I'm glad that you get excited over DA getting "amped". In the end it mean't nothing.

Sorry I'm not impressed by cheap thrills.

curtcocaine
05-18-2015, 03:22 PM
Oh I agree about Bogut. But he's too much of an injury risk for my liking. DJ never misses a game. If we made that deal and Bogut and/or Lee went down, my goodness the hit we'd take lol

As far as Lee goes, he WAS an allstar and its tough to tell what he has left considering he played so little this year.
Thats because of the emergence of Green. Lee will be a starter again next year. Barnes is one of my favorite warriors. He has the heart to take it to the rim while everyone else settels for jump shots.

Stunner
05-18-2015, 03:27 PM
CP3
JJ
Iggy
Blake
Bogut

Curry
Klay
Barnes
Green
Jordan

Method28
05-18-2015, 03:31 PM
There's nothing ignorant about it. They're not an elite defensive team, so I'm glad that you get excited over DA getting "amped". In the end it mean't nothing.

Sorry I'm not impressed by cheap thrills.
LOL what are you talking about? What does them not being an elite defensive team have anything to do with what we're talking about?

And yes, getting amped and playing with emotion impacts the game bro. If you think emotions have zero to do with sports then idk what to tell you lol

Method28
05-18-2015, 03:32 PM
Thats because of the emergence of Green. Lee will be a starter again next year. Barnes is one of my favorite warriors. He has the heart to take it to the rim while everyone else settels for jump shots.
I really like Barnes as well. He'd be the big get in that deal through my eyes as he has a lot of room to grow.

Lee wouldn't start for us though and if he were to get meaningful minutes (6th man type minutes) it'd mean our team is often running small with Blake at C.

Clippersfan86
05-18-2015, 03:42 PM
Lee isn't a star but would be a great backup big compared to scrubs like Big Baby. Barnes would be starting SF and Bogut would be a better fit than DJ if healthy.

NYKnickFanatic
05-18-2015, 03:57 PM
CP3
JJ
Iggy
Blake
Bogut

Curry
Klay
Barnes
Green
Jordan

I really like that for both teams, if Bogut stays healthy.

NYKnickFanatic
05-18-2015, 04:00 PM
Lee isn't a star but would be a great backup big compared to scrubs like Big Baby. Barnes would be starting SF and Bogut would be a better fit than DJ if healthy.

David Lee was an All Star a couple of years ago, then the injuries hit.

Thumper 88
05-18-2015, 04:21 PM

You don't have a clue what the fk you're talking about.

Rick managed Tysons minutes, Tyson was better this year than in 11 so he got better and Dwight got the better of him because he's left alone to guard the paint.

Scoots
05-18-2015, 04:43 PM
I really like that for both teams, if Bogut stays healthy.

"If Bogut stays healthy" is the Warriors unofficial slogan.

The Warriors have a couple backup centers from 2 of the last 3 drafts and I wouldn't be surprised to see them draft another big. The Warriors front office knows full well about Bogut. But I also don't think they undervalue him enough to trade him for DJ.

Stunner
05-18-2015, 04:48 PM
Jordan is better than Bogut IMO , only advantage Bogut has is FT by not much and Passing .

ChI_ShIzzLe
05-18-2015, 05:19 PM
The Knicks are probably getting the contract ready as we speak.

lkingratedr
05-18-2015, 05:42 PM
He want 100 mill.. From where who in they right mind would do that... Im a deandre jordan fan he is an exciting player but 100 mill... Thats a little absurd ... For that 100 mill please stay far away from my knicks

FlashBolt
05-18-2015, 05:49 PM
He want 100 mill.. From where who in they right mind would do that... Im a deandre jordan fan he is an exciting player but 100 mill... Thats a little absurd ... For that 100 mill please stay far away from my knicks

He's getting the max, buddy. The only question is whether or not the Clips want to take that despite him having shown zero offensive capability in any area. The dude just feeds off putbacks/dunks. That's not going to cut it for a championship contender.

NYKnickFanatic
05-18-2015, 05:59 PM
The Knicks are probably getting the contract ready as we speak.

If Phil wasn't running the Knicks, I would agree with you.

king4day
05-18-2015, 06:36 PM
and he'll get it

Ezio
05-18-2015, 06:46 PM
To be 7 feet, brick free throws and still get paid :sigh:

D-Leethal
05-18-2015, 06:52 PM
He's getting the max, buddy. The only question is whether or not the Clips want to take that despite him having shown zero offensive capability in any area. The dude just feeds off putbacks/dunks. That's not going to cut it for a championship contender.

I think it could if he could hit FTs. Offensive rebounding and getting to the line is very valuable for guys like that. Thats what separates a prime Chandler from a guy like DJ. Chandler would at least shoot his FTs at a respectable clip and was a master at tapping boards to offensive threats on the perimeter rather than grabbing them himself and missing a flip hook.

FlashBolt
05-18-2015, 06:55 PM
I think it could if he could hit FTs. Offensive rebounding and getting to the line is very valuable for guys like that. Thats what separates a prime Chandler from a guy like DJ. Chandler would at least shoot his FTs at a respectable clip and was a master at tapping boards to offensive threats on the perimeter rather than grabbing them himself and missing a flip hook.

Chandler was also your ideal team player. I haven't seen DJ do that and he always complains every time. Chandler played the game the right way, was a good passer, better defender overall, and actually played a huge part in their title run. I honestly haven't see DJ dominate a game that mattered.

More-Than-Most
05-18-2015, 06:56 PM
Id still sign him and then trade Blake.... Its what this team needs going forward... The package you could get for blake right now would be insane.

Mell413
05-18-2015, 06:58 PM
He will get it but if I were the GM I wouldn't pay him that.

FlashBolt
05-18-2015, 06:59 PM
Id still sign him and then trade Blake.... Its what this team needs going forward... The package you could get for blake right now would be insane.

Cousins for Blake or nah?

Scoots
05-18-2015, 07:00 PM
Jordan is better than Bogut IMO , only advantage Bogut has is FT by not much and Passing .

Jordan is healthier on average, scores more and gets more rebounds (plenty of evidence he steals them from teammates including a radio interview with Reddick saying if he grabs a rebound Jordan is mad at him for half a quarter), in pretty much every other way Bogut is better and the stats bear it out (including Bogut being a LOT cheaper starting next year).

More-Than-Most
05-18-2015, 07:03 PM

I love cousins and i love blake but there would need to be more in there... Blakes stock will never be higher than it is now and id want the moon or would keep him but id have a feeling some dumb team would give up the moon.

Id even float him over the thunder and try to get Durant.

Scoots
05-18-2015, 07:12 PM
I'd take Cousins over Blake ... but it's very very very close. Closer than I expected when I first thought about it (first impulse was Blake in a heartbeat).

Chronz
05-18-2015, 07:13 PM
man that is so much for a guy who has zero offense and while decent on defense, he isn't a ben wallace type anchor.

Well it didn't take long for the first vague post. He s NOT a zero offense, certainly not 2 the degree of a Wallace

More-Than-Most
05-18-2015, 07:14 PM
I'd take Cousins over Blake ... but it's very very very close. Closer than I expected when I first thought about it (first impulse was Blake in a heartbeat).

and that is my point... Blakes stock is massive.. Trade him for a cousins plus and keep Jordan... That clippers team is scary.

Chronz
05-18-2015, 07:19 PM
Honest to God, I don't even think the Clippers need DeAndre. The more I think about it, Blake is probably untradeable right now unless you can get another quality PF of his caliber. DeAndre on the other hand has become a liability at certain points of the game. You just can't pay someone max and have that happen. They really need to boost that bench up and I would also let go of Jamal Crawford. This guy is way too streaky and in the playoffs, that's going to hurt you when he's missing everything.
F no. Jamal won't be getting any deals And Hes wanted to retire a clipper. Say what you will about being a regular season player but he's serviceable in that time. I would rather him be the 4th guard in the rotation tho

Chronz
05-18-2015, 07:22 PM

It only demoralizes opponents that haven't been through the fire bro. Still less valuable than2 pts

Chronz
05-18-2015, 07:31 PM
Chandler was also your ideal team player. I haven't seen DJ do that and he always complains every time. Chandler played the game the right way, was a good passer, better defender overall, and actually played a huge part in their title run. I honestly haven't see DJ dominate a game that mattered.
Young Chandler was much the same. Ft shooting And abit of defense is all that differentiates them. I want dj back at any price. Asset is an asset

Clippersfan86
05-18-2015, 07:38 PM

Why the hell would you trade Blake before DJ LOL? Blake Griffin just became the only player in NBA history besides Big O to AVERAGE 25/12/6+ for the entire playoffs in ONE round, let alone 14 games. People keep talking about his 4th quarter issues, but look at the fu**ing minutes Doc had to play him because of the weak *** bench he put together. Blake typically dominated first 3 quarters, then in this Houston series would get burned out. Game 6 and 7 4th quarters vs Spurs Doc adjusted his minutes and Blake came up big.

Griffin's biggest issue now is his defense. He did the Harden thing where his offensive load went up and he slacked on defense to conserve. Point is he's not even in his prime yet arguably and he put up better than prime Barkley stats in this playoff run. DJ is getting traded WAY before him, so would Paul.

Clippersfan86
05-18-2015, 07:39 PM
Blake may get on my nerves sometimes when he gets passive.. but one thing you gotta give him is how hard he works/how much he improves. DJ has been an identical player most of his career PER 36 and didn't improved this year compared to last really at all.

Raidaz4Life
05-18-2015, 08:00 PM
and that is my point... Blakes stock is massive.. Trade him for a cousins plus and keep Jordan... That clippers team is scary.

Cousins and Jordan would be pretty laughable together

JEDean89
05-18-2015, 08:05 PM
Seriously, thats like a 14 mil contract under this years cap and they'll still have money to sign a guy after the cap rises. Lots of guys would want to play on that team.

FriedTofuz
05-18-2015, 08:34 PM
I want him on the raptors. we have no defense, rebounding, or any bigs. we have the worst frontcourt of any team with HOME COURT ADVANTAGE during the playoffs. Championships are won with bigs unless you have lebron james on your team.

beasted86
05-18-2015, 09:11 PM

Won't have the full MLE if Jordan is signed to that amount (which goes hand in hand with receiving players close to that amount back in a trade). That increase in salaries along with filling the bench would put the clippers in the tax.

L8kers4life
05-18-2015, 09:23 PM

I like the Idea of a trade, but no way on Blake, he and DeAndre are 26 and best friends, you would be better off trading CP3, you could probably net Lilliard and Batum, or maybe Kyrie straight up. Ball dominate point guards do not win championships in this league, so use CP3 to get you a few pieces.

Plus LeBron is CP3 best friend, as the GM of the CAvs, Im sure LeBron would sign off on that, the Cavs wouldnt but I bet LeBron would.

FlashBolt
05-18-2015, 09:25 PM
Lmao @ CP3 being traded... He's the only untradeable piece for the Clips.

likemystylez
05-18-2015, 09:27 PM
Anthony Davis better get $180 million then

whats up with paying all these guys who go out int he first round or second round all this money. Shoot- currys making 44 million/ 4 yrs

andy2518
05-18-2015, 09:34 PM

Ya, that ain't happening. People say the darndest things.

L8kers4life
05-18-2015, 09:36 PM

Man flash you have no idea what you are talking about, CP3 will be 31 next year and it has been proven ball dominate pgs do not win titles. Your telling me, Clippers would not rather have Damian Lilliard and Nicholas Batum 23 and 26 respectively vs a 31 year old pg who cant get out of the second round. at LMAO, every radio station in LA is talking about something like this right now. I get it you dont want to trade CP3, but you would rather trade 26 year old Blake who just did something never been done in the playoffs before. LMAO @ you buddy. CP3 will not win a ring, wont happen, clippers would be smart to get a young good pg and a really good wing. Batum and Lilliard do that for the clips, plus CP3 would be the reason LMA would stay in Portland. its not as laughable as you think. and maybe Lilliard is bad example, you could make a trade like Paul George and George Hill for CP3, or Kyrie for CP3 or even Durant..

L8kers4life
05-18-2015, 09:39 PM
Ya, that ain't happening. People say the darndest things.

Yeah I understand it wont happen, but can we at least admit trading CP3 at 31 and never been out of the second would be better than trading Blake Griffin who is 26 and only getting better. I mean CP3 is the one having problems with DJ, is he not. And would Lilliard and Batum plus a pick be bad for the Clips, cmon now.

Clippersfan86
05-18-2015, 09:45 PM
Won't have the full MLE if Jordan is signed to that amount (which goes hand in hand with receiving players close to that amount back in a trade). That increase in salaries along with filling the bench would put the clippers in the tax.

Bird rights. Sign DJ after.

Clippersfan86
05-18-2015, 09:47 PM

CP3 would be traded WAY before Blake. Blake is arguably equal player and still has a bunch of upside, while being 4 years younger. Not to mention Blake is a career Clipper and most popular player for us.

L8kers4life
05-18-2015, 09:50 PM
CP3 would be traded WAY before Blake. Blake is arguably equal player and still has a bunch of upside, while being 4 years younger. Not to mention Blake is a career Clipper and most popular player for us.

Yeah IMO, Blake Griffin is Untouchable and he is a top 5 player in this league, I know you guys wouldnt trade CP3, but getting back Lilliard, Batum and a 1st rounder I think would get you guys closer to a Ring, you guys are close, you need one more shot creater, a better 3 and a bit more off the bench, that trade could get you guys everything you need.

TheNumber37
05-18-2015, 10:04 PM
Clippers should NOT do it. 100 million? geez. He DESERVES the kind of contract that the Knicks overpayed Chandler with... 60 million 4 years.

20 million a year for someone who hasn't played in an all star game. There shoud be a rule against stuff like this. Or some expanision of the bird rights to not allow teams to have to lose players or get stuck financially for a decade.

TheNumber37
05-18-2015, 10:09 PM
20 mil for the league leading rebounder... wow

Cracka2HI!
05-18-2015, 11:56 PM
I really hope he takes the Clippers $100 Million. This off-season is already going to be tough. DJ leaving would make it really ugly.

kobe4thewinbang
05-19-2015, 02:25 AM
LOL

Ben Wallace with more hops

until he becomes a more consistent scorer

*and makes free throws more regularly*

Clippers should work a S&T deal for a legit SF. They need a reliable third option, not just Reddick or Crawford on a crap shoot. Jordan can't make free throws and only dunks on a regular basis. He's shown flashes, but not worth 100 million. Without him on the floor, Clippers can actually run plays and let Blake be a focal point.

Nikeman
05-19-2015, 02:25 AM
If I am the Clippers I try and pull of a S&T. You can get much of the same DJ can do with somebody like Omer Asik, minus the cool lobs. DJ is a valuable piece yes, but when you cannot stay on the floor because of FTs, you are not worth 20 mill.

If I am the Clippers I try and pull some S&T for somebody like Asik and a SF.

Clippers have a quality starting core, they desperately need a bench.

I doubt Marc Gasol would work, but if Marc Gasol tells the Grizzlies he is leaving, and Deandre wants the money, imagine a max deal S&T sending Gasol to LA and Deandre to Memphis.

kubernetes
05-19-2015, 02:55 AM
Of course he'll get paid. People complain that he's offensively challenged, but it's not like the league is chock full of offensively gifted centers. He's young, he's healthy, and his athleticism is off the charts for his size. Any team that needs a big inside presence will gladly pay the man.

Mave1002
05-19-2015, 04:32 AM
One dimensional player. 100M. Wow. Id rather feed the hungry.

Saddletramp
05-19-2015, 06:20 AM
Your telling me, Clippers would not rather have Damian Lilliard and Nicholas Batum 23 and 26 respectively vs a 31 year old pg who cant get out of the second round.

And would Lilliard and Batum plus a pick be bad for the Clips, cmon now.

Yeah IMO, Blake Griffin is Untouchable and he is a top 5 player in this league, I know you guys wouldnt trade CP3, but getting back Lilliard, Batum and a 1st rounder

I like how you start out with Lilliard and Batum for CP3, then it's Lilliard, Batum and "a pick", then its Lilliard, Batum and a first rounder. Just found that to be kinda funny.

MonroeFAN
05-19-2015, 08:00 AM
LOL what are you talking about? What does them not being an elite defensive team have anything to do with what we're talking about?

And yes, getting amped and playing with emotion impacts the game bro. If you think emotions have zero to do with sports then idk what to tell you lol

Wat? Dude read what I am saying to you. You're suggesting that his hype is worth extra money, because his production and the results certainly aren't worth anywhere near 20M.

I'm suggesting that this "hype" is rather useless, and only people who are easily amused care. Hence the term "swag" being thrown into the mix.

MonroeFAN
05-19-2015, 08:02 AM
Blake Griffin just became the only player in NBA history besides Big O to AVERAGE 25/12/6+ for the entire playoffs in ONE round, let alone 14 games.

#Evenmoreswag

KnicksorBust
05-19-2015, 10:22 AM

Why would gstate do that?

KnicksorBust
05-19-2015, 10:23 AM
If I am the Clippers I try and pull of a S&T. You can get much of the same DJ can do with somebody like Omer Asik, minus the cool lobs. DJ is a valuable piece yes, but when you cannot stay on the floor because of FTs, you are not worth 20 mill.

If I am the Clippers I try and pull some S&T for somebody like Asik and a SF.

Clippers have a quality starting core, they desperately need a bench.

I doubt Marc Gasol would work, but if Marc Gasol tells the Grizzlies he is leaving, and Deandre wants the money, imagine a max deal S&T sending Gasol to LA and Deandre to Memphis.

Why are the Pelicans letting Asik walk?

KnicksorBust
05-19-2015, 10:27 AM
Khris Middleton, Ersan Ilyasova, and John Henson for DeAndre Jordan

Clippers don't overpay DJ, add a young talented 3 and D player, and get depth.

Bucks dump Ersan's contract and can build around a young MCW-Giannis-Jabari-Jordan core.

Thumper 88
05-19-2015, 10:34 AM
AW says Dallas is the leading candidate for DJ

Gibby23
05-19-2015, 10:56 AM
Bird rights. Sign DJ after.

Can't sign him after, they would have to renounce his rights causing them to lose his Bird rights.

True Sports Fan
05-19-2015, 12:49 PM
I like the Idea of a trade, but no way on Blake, he and DeAndre are 26 and best friends, you would be better off trading CP3, you could probably net Lilliard and Batum, or maybe Kyrie straight up. Ball dominate point guards do not win championships in this league, so use CP3 to get you a few pieces.

Plus LeBron is CP3 best friend, as the GM of the CAvs, Im sure LeBron would sign off on that, the Cavs wouldnt but I bet LeBron would.

You say ball dominant guards can't win a championship, but suggest trading him for Kyrie or Lillard? lol

Scoots
05-19-2015, 12:50 PM
A DeAndre sign and trade hard caps them, just signing him means if they use the mid level they are hard capped. They are screwed ... but don't worry, Doc will save them!

Chronz
05-19-2015, 02:19 PM
Why the hell would you trade Blake before DJ LOL? Blake Griffin just became the only player in NBA history besides Big O to AVERAGE 25/12/6+ for the entire playoffs in ONE round, let alone 14 games. People keep talking about his 4th quarter issues, but look at the fu**ing minutes Doc had to play him because of the weak *** bench he put together. Blake typically dominated first 3 quarters, then in this Houston series would get burned out. Game 6 and 7 4th quarters vs Spurs Doc adjusted his minutes and Blake came up big.

Griffin's biggest issue now is his defense. He did the Harden thing where his offensive load went up and he slacked on defense to conserve. Point is he's not even in his prime yet arguably and he put up better than prime Barkley stats in this playoff run. DJ is getting traded WAY before him, so would Paul.

arbitrary stats are arbitrary and hes never approached prime chuck, stats or otherwise.

Chronz
05-19-2015, 02:22 PM
A DeAndre sign and trade hard caps them, just signing him means if they use the mid level they are hard capped. They are screwed ... but don't worry, Doc will save them!

hard cap for a year = screwed to u? 2 prime bigs r worth keeping together

Chronz
05-19-2015, 02:25 PM
Khris Middleton, Ersan Ilyasova, and John Henson for DeAndre Jordan

Clippers don't overpay DJ, add a young talented 3 and D player, and get depth.

Bucks dump Ersan's contract and can build around a young MCW-Giannis-Jabari-Jordan core.

i did that deal in 2k . im all for upgrades but i rly wonder how important his d is to blake and the rest of the midgets

ewing
05-19-2015, 02:31 PM
i did that deal in 2k . im all for upgrades but i rly wonder how important his d is to blake and the rest of the midgets

where did you find that sig?

Chronz
05-19-2015, 02:43 PM
where did you find that sig?

youtube of mj gambling

ewing
05-19-2015, 02:44 PM
youtube of mj gambling

its dope. he looks like a total ****ing idiot :)

Scoots
05-19-2015, 02:46 PM
hard cap for a year = screwed to u? 2 prime bigs r worth keeping together

Basically Big baby, and a few other players are free agents, the only tool the Clippers will have to build with is the MLE and they'll have to use it for multiple players. They have 1 1st round draft pick in the next 3 years. The Clippers need more than they can add. Year after next they will get some flexibility with the cap climbing but the core is getting older while they wait for options. And all that time goes by and Doc is still in charge so yeah ... the Clippers are screwed.

Stunner
05-19-2015, 02:48 PM
Man if the Bucks signed Jordan and traded for David Lee

Chronz
05-19-2015, 02:58 PM
Basically Big baby, and a few other players are free agents, the only tool the Clippers will have to build with is the MLE and they'll have to use it for multiple players. They have 1 1st round draft pick in the next 3 years. The Clippers need more than they can add. Year after next they will get some flexibility with the cap climbing but the core is getting older while they wait for options. And all that time goes by and Doc is still in charge so yeah ... the Clippers are screwed.

am i suppose to care about davis impending free agency lol. clips need more but i i dont see how theyre screwed unless remaining in contention is a bad thing

Chronz
05-19-2015, 03:00 PM
trade for durant is the only drastic move we got . would okc take blake

Chronz
05-19-2015, 03:09 PM
doc rivers has to go but this is still la and they will get cap room. hard to keep fukn that up

lol, please
05-19-2015, 03:18 PM
Man if the Bucks signed Jordan and traded for David Lee

They would be near unstoppable. I hope the dubs can land Jordan if we don't rape the Pelicans for Davis with no lube.

Stunner
05-19-2015, 03:21 PM
Henson / Illyasova to GS for David Lee

THE MTL
05-19-2015, 04:16 PM
No even in the new salary cap is DJ worth that much. I put his value at 12-14mil along the likes of Chandler/Hibbert/etc with the new cap 16-18mil

D-Leethal
05-19-2015, 05:10 PM
arbitrary stats are arbitrary and hes never approached prime chuck, stats or otherwise.

Arbitrary formulas derived from arbitrary stats are not arbitrary?

Chronz
05-19-2015, 05:48 PM
Arbitrary formulas derived from arbitrary stats are not arbitrary?
F no. Was this a serious post?

Scoots
05-20-2015, 01:40 AM
am i suppose to care about davis impending free agency lol. clips need more but i i dont see how theyre screwed unless remaining in contention is a bad thing

The Clippers are not good enough to win a title in the west now and they have no reasonable way to get significantly better next year is all I'm saying.

Vinny642
05-20-2015, 01:47 AM
LMAO tff he on

Cracka2HI!
05-20-2015, 03:03 AM
The Clippers have to keep DJ and money is irrelevant. If DJ made 5 or 50 million it wouldn't matter to Ballmer financially. It's a drop in the bucket either way. If The Clippers lose DJ they have no chance of replacing. They are a tax paying team anyway. Sure they could choose to let him go and wait for the higher cap but honestly they wouldn't have cap even then.

I read this entire thread and it's laughable how little most know about the cap. I don't think I'm an expert but you can just google the new cap rules and find most of the sign and trades posted here aren't actually possible. I'm not sure what the exact rules are but I saw the trades where the Clippers picked up over $10 mil in salary lol.

JJ_JKidd
05-20-2015, 04:44 AM
DJ should give half of that to Chris Paul as he made him look better similar to how Kidd with KMart and Nash with Amare.

Scoots
05-20-2015, 12:51 PM
Doc doesn't do much for me, but for sure he has made DJ a ton of money.

Mr.B
05-21-2015, 12:17 AM
Is a S&T really possible with rule changes now? Plus if its Dallas he's signing with, what really could we get back? Parsons and Chandler?

If DJ wants to sign with Dallas a large part of it will be to play along side Parsons. He and Parsons have the same agent and are pretty good friends from what I understand. I could definitely see Tyson being part of that sign and trade though. A third team would likely have to be involved.

FriedTofuz
05-21-2015, 12:26 AM
I hear the raptors have interest in him.

Saddletramp
05-21-2015, 01:09 AM
If DJ wants to sign with Dallas a large part of it will be to play along side Parsons. He and Parsons have the same agent and are pretty good friends from what I understand. I could definitely see Tyson being part of that sign and trade though. A third team would likely have to be involved.

Yeah, but Parsons was buddybuddy with Dwight and had the same agent and bolted first chance he got. If I'm DJ, I woulfmtbtrust him being there for the duration.

Scoots
05-21-2015, 01:31 AM
Yeah, but Parsons was buddybuddy with Dwight and had the same agent and bolted first chance he got. If I'm DJ, I woulfmtbtrust him being there for the duration.

From what I heard Parson's deal got shortened as part of the ploy to get Howard, and Parsons signed the offer sheet having been told that Houston would match and he was devastated that Morey didn't take the option.

Saddletramp
05-21-2015, 01:52 AM
From what I heard Parson's deal got shortened as part of the ploy to get Howard

I think that's pretty much common knowledge now.

and Parsons signed the offer sheet having been told that Houston would match and he was devastated that Morey didn't take the option.

they woulda re-signed him if a) they woulda signed Carmelo or Bosh first, b) Parsons didn't quickly sign a team unfriendly contract like the one he signed, and/or 3) Ariza wasn't available for half the money and played no tricky games like saying he wanted to be with the Rockets but partied with Cuban first chance he could.

Parsons did what was best for Parsons even after Morey got him paid a year early. Good luck to him going forward as it seems like he's not cutting it on merit.

slashsnake
05-21-2015, 02:28 AM
Good for him.

I usually wouldn't give out a max deal to a player who's offensive skills are garbage put backs, transition, and alleyoops. I'd want a guy you can feed the ball to, and he is definitely not that, which makes him pretty one dimensional.

BUT, if I was the Clippers I'd pay him whatever he wanted. If DeAndre walks, that free's up about a million bucks under the salary cap for them. They have basically a league minimum, and their midlevel exemption then (what they used on Spencer Hawes last year). Rotation guy who doesn't see minutes in the playoffs. It's tough to get those team friendly Heat type deals to chase a ring when you are under-performing in the post-season.

Throw in the lack of adding via the draft (2015 and 2017 picks get sent away).

Of course by doing this, you are locking into this roster. 2016 you have 6 players on the roster and are only 11 million under the cap.

But I think it's the only option they really have. Offer that max deal, I doubt Jordan will leave then, and hope the team can build on this past season and take it to the next level even without adding more talent. Letting him go doesn't allow you to replace him this year and really puts you in a tough spot for 2016 without any more real cap space available to help the team and Paul going into his 12th season.

Honestly it might seem a bit crazy, but if they can't re-sign Jordan, I really would take a look at blowing it all up. They will be a worse team than this years one unless someone comes out of nowhere to save the day... and they won't be in a position to improve.

Mave1002
05-21-2015, 09:39 AM
I will not give DeAndre Jordan $100M. Not today, not ever, period. And yes, I posted this message, twice.

Scoots
05-21-2015, 11:09 AM
In the playoffs, opponent FG% at the rim: Jordan: 47% Bogut 33% (I don't know any other numbers, sorry)

Bogut is making $11M this year, $10M next year.

Stunner
05-30-2015, 12:05 AM
@basketballtalk: Doc Rivers on report that Chris Paul and DeAndre Jordan had a falling out: ‘I can put this to rest: They get along… http://t.co/3O8nAnmQzq

JasonJohnHorn
05-30-2015, 12:38 AM
Prices are going up. It might actually look like a steal in its final year.

The thing is, as amazing as he was on the glass, he isn't a dominant/smart defender like Duncan. He's an atheltic defender. It helps, but it's not as effective. And the free throws... I mean... they almost lost that Spurs series because of him, and they DID lose the Rockets series. Now, granted, Houston blew them out those last three games. Hitting 60% wouldn't have helped. But he was supposed to be the beast on the glass, and Howard ate him alive. 21-9 on the glass in game six. 15-11 in game five. 16-12 in game two. Those are all loses for the Clippers. In those games, Dwight out-rebounded him 52-32. That is a HUGE difference.

The regular season made him look like Dennis Rodman; the post season made him look like a hug fawking liability who was infrequently the best rebounder on the court.

JasonJohnHorn
05-30-2015, 12:42 AM
In the playoffs, opponent FG% at the rim: Jordan: 47% Bogut 33% (I don't know any other numbers, sorry)

Bogut is making $11M this year, $10M next year.

Great point. AND Bogut can pass as well as the best at his position and can not only hit free throws, but can step outside and hit a jumper. He might not be as athletic a defender, but he's a solid post defender, and knows how to cut off angles for guys coming in the point.

Mr.B
05-30-2015, 10:35 AM
Great point. AND Bogut can pass as well as the best at his position and can not only hit free throws, but can step outside and hit a jumper. He might not be as athletic a defender, but he's a solid post defender, and knows how to cut off angles for guys coming in the point.

Hasn't Bogut also been injured in every year he's played until this year? Don't get me wrong Bogut is good he's been injury prone pretty much his entire career. DJ may have his limitations but he always plays.

Goose17
05-30-2015, 11:15 AM
Everyone will get overpaid this year. Everyone.

But... This is madness.

Goose17
05-30-2015, 11:18 AM

When was the last time you watched Bogut play? Step outside and hit a jumper?? What?? I can't remember the last time I saw Bogut make a jump shot. It had to be back in Milwaukee. Unless you're talking about his little floater thing he sometimes tries?

Scoots
05-30-2015, 01:25 PM
Bogut is a FAR FAR better defender and passer than Jordan, but athletically and healthwise Jordan is superior. Neither of them are much on offense.

Does ANYBODY actually think Jordan isn't going to get paid? No? Then why debate it?

Draymond Green is going to get big money too and nobody doubts it's going to happen anymore.

Bogut's contract is actually getting cheaper :)

blahblahyoutoo
05-30-2015, 02:01 PM

and regret it within 3 months.

blahblahyoutoo
05-30-2015, 02:10 PM

laughing because he's not worth that much, not because he won't get it.

With DJ, a top 3 pg, top 3 pf, they barely eeked out of the first 2 rounds and got destroyed in the conf finals. he can't hit FTs. He has no offense outside of lobs and put backs. he's not a difference maker.

oh my bad, they didn't even make conf finals lmao.

dtmagnet
05-30-2015, 02:26 PM
The NBA is messed up. Players making way too much money.

blahblahyoutoo
05-30-2015, 02:53 PM

it's a supply/demand market. if owners/people are willing to pay, more power to them.

Jeffy25
05-30-2015, 03:31 PM
Is his free throw shooting and 'Hack a Jordan' and the early fouls......is this potentially going to affect him?

BKLYNpigeon
05-30-2015, 03:59 PM
sure, big men are expensive in the NBA.

kubernetes
05-30-2015, 04:13 PM
The NBA loves big men, and they positively wet their pants over athletic bigs.

I know the main knock against DJ is his lack of offensive skills, but then again, it's not like the NBA is full of offensively- gifted centers at the moment. He may not be a great center, but he'll get paid because there aren't a ton of players better than him at the position.

Scoots
05-30-2015, 04:22 PM

SOME players are making way too much money ... superstars are wildly underpaid (20 years ago MJ was making $33M a year, LeBron is getting $21M this year after 20 years of inflation and massive league revenue growth). I think DJ will be in the former group.