PDA

View Full Version : Is Houston one of the worst teams to watch?

Jets012
05-17-2015, 06:21 PM
I know most will take this as a troll thread, but it really isn't. First off congrats to Houston. They're a terrific team and I'm glad Rockets fans are getting a taste of the WCF again. Listen I still think Houston is one of the most talented teams in the league and Harden is a superstar, but do most of you guys actually enjoy watching them? For starters the games are always choppy with Harden getting the majority of calls and Howard constantly getting fouled. And listen, I understand the isolation style really works for them, but I'm probably in the minority when I say I don't enjoy watching them. I prefer a more team oriented basketball, and Houston doesn't really cut it for me. Thoughts?

d00d
05-17-2015, 06:23 PM
Thoughts?

Nope

Redrum187
05-17-2015, 06:33 PM
This Rockets team is one of the most hated and underrated team that I've seen in the last 10 years. I have certainly enjoyed watching them play like D-Leaguers, only to play like a championship caliber team the next game.

I really think people should back off of the Rockets after this victory over the Clippers... even if they go 0-4 against Golden State, they have nothing left to prove at this point. They man'd up...

Avenged
05-17-2015, 06:37 PM
This Rockets team is one of the most hated and underrated team that I've seen in the last 10 years. I have certainly enjoyed watching them play like D-Leaguers, only to play like a championship caliber team the next game.

I really think people should back off of the Rockets after this victory over the Clippers... even if they go 0-4 against Golden State, they have nothing left to prove at this point. They man'd up...

They have everything to prove. They haven't won anything.

SF8
05-17-2015, 06:38 PM

Is that a joke? Their the #2 seed in the West....they were SUPPOSED to make it to the western conference finals just like the Warriors were.

So far they have met expectations, they haven't exceeded it.

Minimal
05-17-2015, 06:42 PM
Lets be real here. This team will die when the refs decide to swallow the whistle. Just like last couple of years.

Redrum187
05-17-2015, 06:45 PM
They have everything to prove. They haven't won anything.

Let me rephrase, they have nothing left to prove that they can contend. While they show spurts of championship caliber playing, I personally don't think they are true contenders. Nevertheless, they have proven to be more championship caliber-worthy than several other teams (hence, people underrating them).

rockets-fan
05-17-2015, 06:46 PM
Lets be real here. This team will die when the refs decide to swallow the whistle. Just like last couple of years.

Refs can't swallow the whistle if the fouls are really there...

Do they flop? Yes, but they are also aggressive. They either shoot threes or get in the paint, they are bound to get a lot of fouls.

Hangtime
05-17-2015, 06:49 PM
Coming back from 3-1 against anybody is impressive in my eyes. I wouldn't say they are one of the worst to watch but its infuriating to me to see their shot selection on many nights. Everybody jacks up bad low percentage shots. Its nice when they are falling like they did today but its going be hard to win like that especially since they aren't really great defensively. And Howard still looks offensively challenged in the post.

Redrum187
05-17-2015, 06:49 PM
Is that a joke? Their the #2 seed in the West....they were SUPPOSED to make it to the western conference finals just like the Warriors were.

Are you joking right now?

Okay... so lets say tonight, Steph, Klay, Draymond, Bogut, Barnes, and Iguodala all get in a severe car accident and are unable to play this postseason. The Rockets barely win in 7 games against a depleted Warriors team.

Would you say "The Warriors choked! They were the #1 seed! They failed to reach expectations being the #1 seed!" ??? Obviously the Rockets didn't suffer AS many devastating injuries as my hypothetical scenario, they nevertheless did lose many of their contributing players.

If you think the Rockets (being the number 2) were astronomically better than the Spurs (being the number 6), you lose all basketball credibility. I can live with you thinking the Rockets "met expectations", but can you be objective at all?

Redrum187
05-17-2015, 06:51 PM

The refs may not swallow the whistle though. Remember Wade in 2006 and how everything was a foul? The refs could swallow it or they could give it. Typically though, the refs do let them play!

Ariza's Better
05-17-2015, 06:53 PM

Are you kidding me? Met expectations? What ****ing world do you live in. No one expected them to make the WCF, no one. Now all of the sudden it was expected Houston was going to make the WCF? Get that **** out of here. Houston were the underdogs during the Dallas series and no one expected them to beat the clippers. What a ****ing joke of a statement. Met expectations my ***.

Redrum187
05-17-2015, 06:57 PM
Are you kidding me? Met expectations? What ****ing world do you live in. No one expected them to make the WCF, no one. Now all of the sudden it was expected Houston was going to make the WCF? Get that **** out of here. Houston were the underdogs during the Dallas series and no one expected them to beat the clippers. What a ****ing joke of a statement. Met expectations my ***.

I will admit, I was one of the people that thought Dallas could upset the Rockets. I also thought the Rockets were going to get ripped apart by the Clippers... The thing is, I try to be objective when I make predictions and when I'm wrong I can easily own it. I have been dead wrong about the Rockets, and they deserve respect at this point.

Furthermore, your post is entirely correct. SF8 is beyond ignorant if he truly believes the Rockets barely met expectations.

Teeboy1487
05-17-2015, 06:59 PM
It's hard watching Howard and Harden shoot FTs all game but other than that, what's wrong with watching them?

IndyRealist
05-17-2015, 07:00 PM
The Spurs dropped from 2nd to 6th based off ONE game. I don't think we should be saying the Rockets were supposed to be in the WCF by default. After the Warriors every team in the West was bunched up.

Redrum187
05-17-2015, 07:04 PM
The Spurs dropped from 2nd to 6th based off ONE game. I don't think we should be saying the Rockets were supposed to be in the WCF by default. After the Warriors every team in the West was bunched up.

SF8 disagrees apparently.

SF8
05-17-2015, 07:09 PM

Okay... so lets say tonight, Steph, Klay, Draymond, Bogut, Barnes, and Iguodala all get in a severe car accident and are unable to play this postseason. The Rockets barely win in 7 games against a depleted Warriors team.

Would you say "The Warriors choked! They were the #1 seed! They failed to reach expectations being the #1 seed!" ??? Obviously the Rockets didn't suffer AS many devastating injuries as my hypothetical scenario, they nevertheless did lose many of their contributing players.

If you think the Rockets (being the number 2) were astronomically better than the Spurs (being the number 6), you lose all basketball credibility. I can live with you thinking the Rockets "met expectations", but can you be objective at all?
No obviously the West is extremely close, everyone knows that. It wouldn't have been a shock if the Spurs made it to the WCFs. That said, the #1 and #2 team is expected to make the conference Finals in every sport, not just the NBA. That's why their #1 and #2 and that's why they don't play each other earlier in the playoffs.

Sure losing Beverly and Motiejunas stung, no denying that but almost all playoff teams have lost key guys to injuries so they aren't alone

MDD
05-17-2015, 07:09 PM
Add Content

TO Rapz
05-17-2015, 07:11 PM
I actually LOVE watching them play. High energy, scrap it out team with enough talent from their upper echelon players.

D-Leethal
05-17-2015, 07:13 PM
I respect any team coming back from 1-3, but their draw-a-whistle-at-all-costs mentality is extremely difficult to watch. When the fouls are there they flop to seal the deal, when the fouls aren't there they flop to try and trick themselves to the line again. Its constant flopping on every single possession.

Hawkeye15
05-17-2015, 07:16 PM
As someone who moved a year ago away from Houston after living there 19 years, I am happy that my friends down there have a team to cheer for, that is winning, and really good.

That being said, I do not like watching them play. I understand their style is uber-efficient, but I hate it. I love Brewer, and McHale is hilarious. But I can't stand basically the rest of their roster, and the way they play.

But, it's a personal opinion. I won't debate anything, some may love their style.

SF8
05-17-2015, 07:17 PM
I don't completely disagree with the OP because I'm not a fan but this is a blatant hate thread after they just accomplished a series victory after being down 3-1.

tredigs
05-17-2015, 07:21 PM

LOL -- Are the Rockets playing without Harden/Howard/Ariza/TJones and Smoove in this bat **** scenario? Because that's the comparable situation as presented.

Redrum187
05-17-2015, 07:51 PM
LOL -- Are the Rockets playing without Harden/Howard/Ariza/TJones and Smoove in this bat **** scenario? Because that's the comparable situation as presented.

No, I even admitted the Rockets didn't lose players to that degree... I assume my point went over your head though... The point is, the Rockets, even at full health and all players, were out-manned and out-gunned. Furthermore, the number 2 seed verus the number 6 (Spurs) wasn't much of a difference. Hence, the Rockets did more than "meet expectations". Would you disagree?

Htownballa1622
05-17-2015, 07:53 PM
I'll admit its bad to watch when they get stagnant(like most teams). They just tend to be a really good team that finds ways to win ugly.

But i'm sure they're more appealing to watch than a team like the Hornets(Sorry just trying to prove a point)

When they're playing with effort, energy, and passion they are one of the most fun to watch imo.

The ball gets moving. Alley oops come down and Big shots and plays go on.

I would love a Cavs/ Rox finals.

With that being said, the dubs are the most enjoyable team with their passing and then how klay/steph can catch fire at any point.

Redrum187
05-17-2015, 07:54 PM
No obviously the West is extremely close, everyone knows that. It wouldn't have been a shock if the Spurs made it to the WCFs. That said, the #1 and #2 team is expected to make the conference Finals in every sport, not just the NBA. That's why their #1 and #2 and that's why they don't play each other earlier in the playoffs.

Sure losing Beverly and Motiejunas stung, no denying that but almost all playoff teams have lost key guys to injuries so they aren't alone

Ummm... not this season... Wtf are you talking about? You admit 1 game separated the Spurs and Rockets, but yet, the Rockets are EXPECTED to make the WCF (missing contributing players due to injuries included) but the rest of the teams, including the defending champion Spurs AREN'T expected? :confused:

Lets say there was a 7 way tie for 2nd place in the western conference. The way the tie-breaker rules work, lets assume the Rockets "win" the 2nd seed. They are magically "expected" to make the WCF now? I guess I can go on and on about how flawed your logic is, but I don't think you'll agree.

tredigs
05-17-2015, 07:59 PM
No, I even admitted the Rockets didn't lose players to that degree... I assume my point went over your head though... The point is, the Rockets, even at full health and all players, were out-manned and out-gunned. Furthermore, the number 2 seed verus the number 6 (Spurs) wasn't much of a difference. Hence, the Rockets did more than "meet expectations". Would you disagree?

No, you just made a ridiculously hyperbolic statement and qualified it with "now obviously not AS many injuries", as if the two situations are in the same universe. Just made me laugh is all. And no, they really weren't very out-manned or out-gunned against LAC. LAC is not a deep team, and with Brewer + Smoove stepping up huge for Houston, they proved to win the role-player battle (as illustrated in their game 6 comeback where the MVP runner-up was benched, I think).

Were the Rox underdogs? Yes. But a 56 win team with HCA who lost a couple role players a while back has no correlation to the ridiculousness of your post.

I do think they exceeded expectations by beating LAC. But, them being in the WCF is not a crazy scenario. I definitely had them taking out the Mavs.

RLundi
05-17-2015, 08:11 PM
The Clippers probably don't think so.

They seemed pretty darn entertaining today.

TheIlladelph16
05-17-2015, 08:19 PM
They certainly aren't a "pretty" brand of basketball, but I'm not sure that matters much.

I remember a LOT of posters on here were down on the Rockets preseason, and many had them not even making the playoffs. Gotta love watching some people forced to eat crow for stupid, biased predictions.

I'll be rooting for the Rockets in this next series.

Redrum187
05-17-2015, 08:32 PM
No, you just made a ridiculously hyperbolic statement and qualified it with "now obviously not AS many injuries", as if the two situations are in the same universe. Just made me laugh is all. And no, they really weren't very out-manned or out-gunned against LAC. LAC is not a deep team, and with Brewer + Smoove stepping up huge for Houston, they proved to win the role-player battle (as illustrated in their game 6 comeback where the MVP runner-up was benched, I think).

Were the Rox underdogs? Yes. But a 56 win team with HCA who lost a couple role players a while back has no correlation to the ridiculousness of your post.

I do think they exceeded expectations by beating LAC. But, them being in the WCF is not a crazy scenario. I definitely had them taking out the Mavs.

Of course it was a hyperbolic statement... it was intentional (hence, I acknowledged it was hyperbolic). I had to establish that the independent variable ISN'T the # seed. By using a hyperbolic statement to debunk the "#2 seed was expected to make CF", I can then proceed with the argument that what the Rockets did was more than "meet expectations". You're intelligent enough to understand why I used that insane comparison, yeah?

Finally, we agree what the Rockets did was more than "meet expectations", which was what SF8 and I were talking about to begin with.

MFFL==FML
05-17-2015, 08:44 PM
Of course it was a hyperbolic statement... it was intentional (hence, I acknowledged it was hyperbolic). I had to establish that the independent variable ISN'T the # seed. By using a hyperbolic statement to debunk the "#2 seed was expected to make CF", I can then proceed with the argument that what the Rockets did was more than "meet expectations". You're intelligent enough to understand why I used that insane comparison, yeah?

Finally, we agree what the Rockets did was more than "meet expectations", which was what SF8 and I were talking about to begin with.

Lol You have to be a lawyer. Just remember that these are basketball fans, not the debate team. Having said that, you're 100% correct.

The Rockets were incredibly inferior on a talent level and being the number 2 seed meant jack **** this season. This is coming from a die hard Houston hater too.

HoopsDrive
05-17-2015, 08:45 PM
After the 1st round I had a hunch the Rockets would be advancing... their offense isn't great to watch at all, that's true, but it works. When their perimeter players can consistently knock down that 3pt and guys like Smoove and Brewer are stepping up it's hard to stop them.

tredigs
05-17-2015, 08:51 PM

You're simply flying too far with your comments. Clearly the #2 and #6 seed this season were not a dramatic difference (and in fact the #6 seed was likely the better team), but it's not exactly outlandish for him to say that the Rockets making the WCF is simply meeting expectations (tho' I disagree). Your statement on the other hand was in fact outlandish. Forget the seeding, they were simply a good enough team to make it. Those calling the Clips vastly superior skill wise have me scratching my head. With Dwight stepping his play up in a MAJOR way this post-season, the gap was close between the two teams. And they were flat better than the self destructive Mavs.

Redrum187
05-17-2015, 09:07 PM
You're simply flying too far with your comments. Clearly the #2 and #6 seed this season were not a dramatic difference (and in fact the #6 seed was likely the better team), but it's not exactly outlandish for him to say that the Rockets making the WCF is simply meeting expectations (tho' I disagree). Your statement on the other hand was in fact outlandish. Forget the seeding, they were simply a good enough team to make it. Those calling the Clips vastly superior skill wise have me scratching my head. With Dwight stepping his play up in a MAJOR way this post-season, the gap was close between the two teams. And they were flat better than the self destructive Mavs.

I agree it isn't the most insane comment I've read on PSD to say that the Rockets only "met expectations"... However, you clearly didn't read our conversation thoroughly enough and couldn't get off my intentional hyperbolic statement (which I'm still convinced you don't understand why it was necessary to make). I was debunking his reasoning for thinking the Rockets "met expectation", not the actual thinking they met expectations. That is a huge and astronomical difference.

the #1 and #2 team is expected to make the conference Finals in every sport, not just the NBA. That's why their #1 and #2 and that's why they don't play each other earlier in the playoffs.

This is called the "independent variable". His reasoning why the Rockets making the WCF is simply "meeting expectations" is entirely due to their being the #2 seed. So regardless of other variables (inferior squad, players being out due to injuries, etc...) the Rockets are expected to make the WCF simply because they made the #2 seed.

I'm not sure I can make it anymore clearer.

Redrum187
05-17-2015, 09:12 PM
Lol You have to be a lawyer. Just remember that these are basketball fans, not the debate team. Having said that, you're 100% correct.

The Rockets were incredibly inferior on a talent level and being the number 2 seed meant jack **** this season. This is coming from a die hard Houston hater too.

I'm not sure if this is a complement or an insult. lol

Verbal Christ
05-17-2015, 09:17 PM
As a die hard fan, I could give a rats *** how aesthetically pleasing the team is for basketball 'purists' as long as at the end of the night we have 1 more point than them.

tredigs
05-17-2015, 09:18 PM
I agree it isn't the most insane comment I've read on PSD to say that the Rockets only "met expectations"... However, you clearly didn't read our conversation thoroughly enough and couldn't get off my intentional hyperbolic statement (which I'm still convinced you don't understand why it was necessary to make). I was debunking his reasoning for thinking the Rockets "met expectation", not the actual thinking they met expectations. That is a huge and astronomical difference.

This is called the "independent variable". His reasoning why the Rockets making the WCF is simply "meeting expectations" is entirely due to their being the #2 seed. So regardless of other variables (inferior squad, players being out due to injuries, etc...) the Rockets are expected to make the WCF simply because they made the #2 seed.

I'm not sure I can make it anymore clearer.

Yes, we both disagree with his premise that a #2 should make it simply because they're a #2. And that said, it does not change the fact that the Rockets were in fact a #2 worthy of making the WCF's. You insinuating that they overcame this myriad of devastating injuries and drastic odds is kind of the joke here (your point of the Warriors losing every single key player holds very little water if there is literally zero correlation). And really, if people knew Dwight could still be this Dwight (which I'm fairly certain not even the most optimistic Rox fans believed), they would have not been much of an underdog v LAC in the first place. Remember, again, this is a team good enough to come back from the brink without their best player.

@the OP's question, they're not fun for me to watch. But I do enjoy watching them lose.

jacquewho?
05-17-2015, 09:25 PM
I think people still had high expectations for the Rockets coming into the playoffs, or at least I did...hell they were still playing great basketball w/o Dwight Howard, ended up with the 2 seed - and got Dwight back for the playoff run. It's a talented team on paper. And the record showed it too. Maybe others didn't have high expectations because the West is just so damn talented??

I expected the Clippers to win this series in 6 because I thought their starting 5 > Rockets', but I was proven wrong. It was a fun series. Houston will need to bring out all the firearms for this next battle with Golden State.

Redrum187
05-17-2015, 09:43 PM
Yes, we both disagree with his premise that a #2 should make it simply because they're a #2. And that said, it does not change the fact that the Rockets were in fact a #2 worthy of making the WCF's. You insinuating that they overcame this myriad of devastating injuries and drastic odds is kind of the joke here (your point of the Warriors losing every single key player holds very little water if there is literally zero correlation). And really, if people knew Dwight could still be this Dwight (which I'm fairly certain not even the most optimistic Rox fans believed), they would have not been much of an underdog v LAC in the first place. Remember, again, this is a team good enough to come back from the brink without their best player.

@the OP's question, they're not fun for me to watch. But I do enjoy watching them lose.

You clearly took my hyperbolic scenario (where the Warrios lose their 6 best players) as a comparison of what the Rockets had to go through in losing contributing players in already weak bench; This is your error, not mine. I wasn't insinuating anything of the sort or comparing the Rockets' injured players to the Warriors losing their starting 5 line up + Iguodala... If you understood that I was debunking the #2 seed is the independent variable, you could actually see how the "hyperbolic" scenario blasts his notion.

IBleedPurple
05-17-2015, 09:44 PM
Yes, they are

tredigs
05-17-2015, 09:49 PM
You clearly took my hyperbolic scenario (where the Warrios lose their 6 best players) as a comparison of what the Rockets had to go through in losing contributing players in already weak bench; This is your error, not mine. I wasn't insinuating anything of the sort or comparing the Rockets' injured players to the Warriors losing their starting 5 line up + Iguodala... If you understood that I was debunking the #2 seed is the independent variable, you could actually see how the "hyperbolic" scenario blasts his notion.
Let me break down your argument: "I'm arguing to argue".

Congratulations Redrum, you took his statement on face value and created a fantastical mythical scenario where the comment is invalid. Unfortunately, it does not apply here. In any way. So wtf is your point?

Redrum187
05-17-2015, 09:56 PM

Congratulations Redrum, you took his statement on face value and created a fantastical mythical scenario where the comment is invalid. Unfortunately, it does not apply here. In any way. So wtf is your point?

My point is that simply being the number 2 seed is not the independent variable for CF expectations, which makes my hypothetical (and hyperbolic) scenario necessary. :P

tredigs
05-17-2015, 09:58 PM
lmao - I think that dude was right, you must be a lawyer.

Redrum187
05-17-2015, 09:59 PM
lmao - I think that dude was right, you must be a lawyer.

lol :P

Sadds The Gr8
05-17-2015, 10:02 PM
I didn't get to watch much of them during the reg season so I thought the complaints about them being boring were exaggerated. These playoffs have made me jump on that side now. They're pretty brutal to watch imo. I only like harden and that's when hes on fire. If he's struggling then they're awful to watch. That's why I wanted LAC to win so badly today, it wouldve been a way better series. I think gsw is gonna kill them

Curryisverygood
05-17-2015, 10:04 PM
Yes. Eyesore to watch.

Unless you are watching through a play by play and they are your home team I can see them being semi entertaining but to anyone who is watching the game live god help you that is not a basketball game that is a circus of who can sell falling to the ground best and who can make the most free throws.

I'm optimistic the league will look into the flopping/baiting issue we have come across thanks in large to these clowns who have decided to make it the main focus of their game especially in crunch time.

Maybe it's bad luck but everytime I tune in to a Rockets game, this is the case. Sort of disgraceful and quite embarrassing that it is even possible for a team to bait, flop and squeeze out wins.

*sigh*

Will not be a problem after next round at least.

lamzoka
05-17-2015, 10:20 PM
The only thing I hate is Jason Terry's headband.
That **** look glued to his ****ing scalp. I hate it.

brandt
05-17-2015, 10:24 PM
It's nice to see so many non Houston fans and even Houston Haters give them a little credit where credit is due. Thank you! I'm a fan and I will admit they can get a little sloppy at times. But who cares at this point. It's the playoffs and a win is a win. The fact that they are in the WCF after a season without Beverly, Terrance Jones, and Motiejūnas for a significant period of time, and then without Howard for about half of the season and still be a 2nd seed is pretty impressive. Not to mention everyone has counted them out from the beginning and now they come back from a 3 to 1 game deficit to win against a very good Clippers team. Yes they get a lot of whistles in their favor but is that their fault? Yes they flop some, but not nearly as much as some people are saying. And for those people saying that besides Howard and Harden they have no one else exciting to watch, that's bull. The Clippers bench didn't show up at all this last game along with a couple of their starters, and The Rocket's bench and starters did. Brewer, Ariza, J. Smith, J. Terry, Terrance Jones and Pablo Prigioni have been pretty good throughout the entire playoffs as well.

Bostonjorge
05-17-2015, 10:35 PM
Yea I rather watch Star Trek.

brandt
05-17-2015, 10:36 PM
Yes. Eyesore to watch.

Unless you are watching through a play by play and they are your home team I can see them being semi entertaining but to anyone who is watching the game live god help you that is not a basketball game that is a circus of who can sell falling to the ground best and who can make the most free throws.

I'm optimistic the league will look into the flopping/baiting issue we have come across thanks in large to these clowns who have decided to make it the main focus of their game especially in crunch time.

Maybe it's bad luck but everytime I tune in to a Rockets game, this is the case. Sort of disgraceful and quite embarrassing that it is even possible for a team to bait, flop and squeeze out wins.

*sigh*

You have got to be kidding me you typical hater AND Troll!!! You obviously haven't been been watching them play because for you to say all they do is bait and flop is crap!!! You think that's how they got to where they are now??? Give me a break! I will admit that I am a little scared of Golden State but if they beat them in any games, it won't be because they flopped etc.... It will be because they are actually that good and jerks like you need to be proven wrong!

brandt
05-17-2015, 10:42 PM
Yea I rather watch Star Trek.

Or the Celtics get swept in the first round. lo!!!

Saddletramp
05-17-2015, 10:42 PM
So ThugLifeJ goes by the name Curryisverygood now. Interesting.

Also, bait thread.

brandt
05-17-2015, 10:48 PM
I didn't get to watch much of them during the reg season so I thought the complaints about them being boring were exaggerated. These playoffs have made me jump on that side now. They're pretty brutal to watch imo. I only like harden and that's when hes on fire. If he's struggling then they're awful to watch. That's why I wanted LAC to win so badly today, it wouldve been a way better series. I think gsw is gonna kill them

Harden isn't the only one winning these games. Yeah, the Clippers were awesome to watch when they struggled, especially the last game when absolutely no one other than Chris Paul, Blake Griffin and Jordon came through for them! A lot more than Harden came through for them and not just this last game.

CluTcH_c1tY
05-18-2015, 12:15 AM
Yes. Eyesore to watch.

*sigh*

Gtfoh with that you troll. How many accounts do you have on PSD Thuglife? This is the most outlandish comment I've heard. You must of never seen Chris Paul play or Manu Ginobili. I'll give you another Draymond Green with his high and tight elbow strike to the forehead in the Pelicans series.

nastynice
05-18-2015, 12:38 AM
I'm a fan and I will admit they can get a little sloppy at times.

I think what u meant to say was "Floppy", haha!!

rockets-fan
05-18-2015, 12:49 AM
I love watching them play because they're my home team obviously, but they aren't near as bad as your saying...

I love watching Harden cook his opponents up, smith lobbing it up to Howard, Capela with his length getting exciting dunks and Brewers fast break are so fun to watch(even his hilarious misses).

Hate all you want, they win. Which at the end of the day, is ALL A FAN WANTS!

kubernetes
05-18-2015, 01:20 AM
Regarding expectations, I fully expected the Rockets to lose to the Spurs at this stage. Once the Clippers made it instead, I thought it could go either way. I thought they were closely matched teams. Pre-series the diagnosis was that both teams can score, both are suspect on defense, Clippers starting 5 is better, but the Rockets have more depth. So no, I don't think they exceeded expectations by beating the Clippers.

Redrum187
05-18-2015, 01:39 AM
Regarding expectations, I fully expected the Rockets to lose to the Spurs at this stage. Once the Clippers made it instead, I thought it could go either way. I thought they were closely matched teams. Pre-series the diagnosis was that both teams can score, both are suspect on defense, Clippers starting 5 is better, but the Rockets have more depth. So no, I don't think they exceeded expectations by beating the Clippers.

The Rockets had more depth? Even with all their players healthy, I think they equally have pathetic benches.

kubernetes
05-18-2015, 03:05 AM
The Rockets had more depth? Even with all their players healthy, I think they equally have pathetic benches.

And yet the Rockets were indeed deeper, and it showed in these last two games. Blake and CP3 were on fumes. The Clippers totally rely on Redick, Barnes, and Crawford to add offense, and when they went cold the Clippers had nothing left. If Austin Rivers could have stepped up one more time, the Clippers would have won. Instead it was Josh Smith, Ariza, Prigioni, etc., who made the difference.

SF8
05-18-2015, 03:12 AM

WTF under dogs in the Dallas series? Yea maybe BEFORE they lost Parsons. You as a Rockets fan should especially know how valuable Parsons is.

Saddletramp
05-18-2015, 03:31 AM
WTF under dogs in the Dallas series? Yea maybe BEFORE they lost Parsons. You as a Rockets fan should especially know how valuable Parsons is.

While I'm not sure about the "underdogs to Dallas" thing, I have to disagree about Parsons being that valuable. Ariza played huge and his defense was invaluable. Parsons has his own thing going on in Dallas and the Rockets got better without him. It worked out.

Ariza's Better
05-18-2015, 03:39 AM
No not really, I've always said Parsons is overrated. Always. And even with Parsons injured Dallas was the favourite.

nastynice
05-18-2015, 03:58 AM
Aw, why the deleted posts sfrush?? That **** had me rolling earlier, just came back here to show my friend lol, but now all gone :(

nastynice
05-18-2015, 03:59 AM
While I'm not sure about the "underdogs to Dallas" thing, I have to disagree about Parsons being that valuable. Ariza played huge and his defense was invaluable. Parsons has his own thing going on in Dallas and the Rockets got better without him. It worked out.

I think he's talking about Parsons effect on Dallas rather than his effect on leaving Houston

slashsnake
05-18-2015, 04:07 AM

Yeah not sure I saw the underdog to Dallas bit either. They were 3-1 vs. Dallas in the regular season, the 2nd seed and Dallas was a 7th, and did that with Dwight out half the year while Dallas was pretty healthy all season. Dallas really finished weak too. 20-19 over their last 39 games. 27-12 in that time for Houston. I don't think any of Vegas had picked Dallas.

brandt
05-18-2015, 01:28 PM
Yeah not sure I saw the underdog to Dallas bit either. They were 3-1 vs. Dallas in the regular season, the 2nd seed and Dallas was a 7th, and did that with Dwight out half the year while Dallas was pretty healthy all season. Dallas really finished weak too. 20-19 over their last 39 games. 27-12 in that time for Houston. I don't think any of Vegas had picked Dallas.
Vegas may not have, but everyone else did.

Hawkeye15
05-18-2015, 01:32 PM
As a die hard fan, I could give a rats *** how aesthetically pleasing the team is for basketball 'purists' as long as at the end of the night we have 1 more point than them.

nor should you care haha.

Hawkeye15
05-18-2015, 01:35 PM
I love watching them play because they're my home team obviously, but they aren't near as bad as your saying...

I love watching Harden cook his opponents up, smith lobbing it up to Howard, Capela with his length getting exciting dunks and Brewers fast break are so fun to watch(even his hilarious misses).

Hate all you want, they win. Which at the end of the day, is ALL A FAN WANTS!

yes haha. His gift is also his weakness. 100000 mph, all the time

lol, please
05-18-2015, 04:06 PM

He's actually right in that post you quoted, it seems like you are arguing just to argue here, his point wasn't hard to understand with the hypothetical of the Dubs losing all their starting players before the series.

I don't have any problem with expecting the #2 seed to make the WCF, if you made the #2 seed, regardless of what it was "in spite" of, you are still a high seed and should be expected to make a deep run, smaller details aside. On paper teams like the Spurs are a better team but that's why we play the games, it isn't an outlandish statement to say they are where they should be right now, despite everyone writing them off earlier.

Aw, why the deleted posts sfrush?? That **** had me rolling earlier, just came back here to show my friend lol, but now all gone :(

Yea, he takes his mod role too seriously quite often in my humble but accurate opinion. I've been ****-blocked of some epic laughs as well I can tell, when I find a slew of deleted posts, I would rather threads be locked over posts be deleted because regardless if the post itself may be a violation or not, it still serves as comic relief to us reading them.