PDA

View Full Version : Who's the x-factor in the Cleveland-Atlanta series?

mrblisterdundee
05-15-2015, 09:45 PM
I think Atlanta matches up fairly well against Cleveland as well as you can against LeBron James.
What do you think of DeMarre Carroll's ability to defend James? I think DeMarre Carroll might be the best one-on-one matchup with James besides Kawhi Leonard and the x-factor for Atlanta.
For Cleveland, it might be Iman Shumpert following Kyle Korver or J.R. Smith as the super sub.

ChI_ShIzzLe
05-15-2015, 09:48 PM
Hawks in 6

Tony_Starks
05-15-2015, 09:54 PM
Atlanta Strip Clubs.....

SensandRaps
05-15-2015, 10:01 PM
besides carroll on james i would have to say horford vs mozgov. If horford can take advantage then the cavs could be in trouble (depending on how fast love is able to come back if he does). For the cavs kyrie is going to have to attack more since he has an advantage vs teague/schroder

Iron24th
05-15-2015, 10:04 PM
Horford will kill mozgov imo, but not sure if carroll could handle lebron, if he can, then cavs are done, but I see a GS - Cleveland Finals already.

*Silver&Black*
05-15-2015, 10:46 PM
Al and Paul.

ewing
05-15-2015, 11:04 PM
Dennis

JasonJohnHorn
05-15-2015, 11:31 PM
This will be a tough series for CLE without Love. And without a back-up point guard. It seems like Irving is ripe for an injury.

I don't think this series is going to see any one player blow up. LBJ and Kyrie will have to play like franchise players to win this series. ATL will have to rely on a balanced team effort and let Al and Paul dominate the front court.

I don't expect any surprises. ATL will need big defensive efforts from their point guard and small forward rotation, so whoever steps up there in that roll will have a big impact on the series.

MonroeFAN
05-15-2015, 11:36 PM
I think this is going to get pretty ugly for Atlanta tbh.

Vee-Rex
05-15-2015, 11:43 PM
Atlanta is a team where Love's absence won't be missed AS MUCH. They have a pass happy offense and move around so much - Love struggled to defend it in the regular season.

Love's advantage typically outweighs his defense (which hasn't been terrible this season), but in the case with Atlanta, Millsap + Horford were always great at closing out on Love's ability to spread the floor. I think Cleveland would've been better off with Love (overall), but with Thompson we actually match up better than with Love.

Atlanta can have some serious rebounding issues and I expect Thompson to dominate on the boards. Teague caused major problems for Irving so I'd expect someone like Shumpert to guard him.

Carroll will not D LeBron up as well as Butler did. Expect better games from LBJ.

If Kyrie does well I'm taking the Cavs in 6. If Kyrie is virtually completely healthy then Cavs in 5. Atlanta will most likely win the 1st game (gimmicky offense will shine at first) and Blatt will make some adjustments for the following games, and the Cavs talent/defense/rebounding will take control of the series.

Hawks will get more easy baskets due to their offensive style but they will struggle to make the tough shots when the Cavs defense locks in, something that Rose and Butler were both able to accomplish in the semi-finals.

Key to the series is Irving.

Vee-Rex
05-15-2015, 11:46 PM

I think they will be exposed. I been calling for it all year. Can't wait.

More-Than-Most
05-15-2015, 11:54 PM
I thought the Hawks would be one and done... I was praying the wizards would win because the hawks match up really well against the cavs. Hawks in 6 unless love comes back. I think Irving is hurt and Lebron is trying to do far to much and thats not gonna cut it this series.

LakersIn5
05-15-2015, 11:58 PM
i have jr smith and demare carroll as x factors. If carroll can limit lebron then the hawks might have a chance. Key word. Chance. I wanted korver as xfactor but i remember that he is an all star so he is expected to produce. Cavs in 5 or 6

koreancabbage
05-16-2015, 12:11 AM
i'm going with the better team on paper in ATL versus a short handed and injury riddled team in the Cavs.

However, I would not be surprised and be proven wrong that the Cavs would win either.

Dade County
05-16-2015, 12:11 AM
I tend to look at the big picture when it comes to things like this...

Lets say if Irving is really hurt, and he really can't be a offensive factor; will the Cav's be able to beat the Warriors or Houston/Clippers, with only Lbj?

I think not... Does Lbj want to be 2-4 in the Final's? I think not.

So the most important x factor in this series is Irving. If he can't go, I can see Lbj making the series interesting for the Nba/fans, an Atl winning at the end (scripted of course).

But if irving is getting better, i can see the Cav's ending it quickly, so irving can have more days to rest leading up to the Final's.

SupremeNY.
05-16-2015, 12:30 AM
Horford will kill mozgov imo, but not sure if carroll could handle lebron, if he can, then cavs are done, but I see a GS - Cleveland Finals already.

horford is not killing mozgov lol, mozgov is slept on.

SupremeNY.
05-16-2015, 12:31 AM
The hawks only have to guard LeBron, kyrie can only go but for so long on one foot. Should be a tough short series tho.. Hawks in 5..6.. maybe.

GoBraves
05-16-2015, 01:11 AM
Atlanta is a team where Love's absence won't be missed AS MUCH. They have a pass happy offense and move around so much - Love struggled to defend it in the regular season.

Love's advantage typically outweighs his defense (which hasn't been terrible this season), but in the case with Atlanta, Millsap + Horford were always great at closing out on Love's ability to spread the floor. I think Cleveland would've been better off with Love (overall), but with Thompson we actually match up better than with Love.

Atlanta can have some serious rebounding issues and I expect Thompson to dominate on the boards. Teague caused major problems for Irving so I'd expect someone like Shumpert to guard him.

Carroll will not D LeBron up as well as Butler did. Expect better games from LBJ.

If Kyrie does well I'm taking the Cavs in 6. If Kyrie is virtually completely healthy then Cavs in 5. Atlanta will most likely win the 1st game (gimmicky offense will shine at first) and Blatt will make some adjustments for the following games, and the Cavs talent/defense/rebounding will take control of the series.

Hawks will get more easy baskets due to their offensive style but they will struggle to make the tough shots when the Cavs defense locks in, something that Rose and Butler were both able to accomplish in the semi-finals.

Oh good lord, you're back with another clownish prediction!

You the same guy who was sure wizards were going to expose ATL and take the series in 5!!!

Why don't you sit this one out and quit embarrassing yourself!

ohreally
05-16-2015, 01:17 AM
The NBA is the x-factor. They want to see LeBron/Curry finals, then Cavs win in 6. If they play it sort of neutral, Hawks in 5.

GoBraves
05-16-2015, 01:21 AM

So you been calling ATL weak all season long, and all they have done is win 60 games and will be playing in the ECF in a few days!

But I bet you the second they get eliminated you'll jump up and Yell "see I told you'll they were weak"

keep making your predictions, with the laws of averages, you'll eventually get it right!

Jarvo
05-16-2015, 01:24 AM
If Kyrie can go The Cavs got it in the bag, I just don't believe Atlanta can beat The Cavs.

L8kers4life
05-16-2015, 01:54 AM
Cavs in 6, Hawks are undersized at every position except pg, LeBron will dominate, Kyrie will get 20 playing injured. Hawks have no one they can go to during crunch time or when they need a bucket, plus first time for this team getting to the conference finals, in the end too much LeBron .

IKnowHoops
05-16-2015, 02:14 AM
Very tough series to call. If the Cavs had Love I'd lean to the Cavs. My prediction is whoever wins the first game will win the series.

FraziersKnicks
05-16-2015, 03:23 AM
Kyrie's health is the X factor in my opinion.

PowerHouse
05-16-2015, 03:45 AM
Carroll is gonna go Kawhi Leonard mode ala'14 NA finals on Lebrons ***.

FlashBolt
05-16-2015, 03:51 AM
Carroll is gonna go Kawhi Leonard mode ala'14 NA finals on Lebrons ***.

You mean when LeBron shot 56% from the field and scored 27 PPG on Kawhi? Yeah... On a side note, we're going to have to wait to see about Kyrie. If he's not healthy, Hawks are going to win this one because that is a well rounded team they have that knows how to neutralize LeBron to some degree. Thompson is going to be depended on like crazy to guard Horford/Milsap. If they can keep those guys out of their rhythm, Cavs have a good shot. And James crappy efficiency that he had vs the Celtics/Bulls is not going to cut it. Needs to have one of those Miami Heat efficiency games.

Bostonjorge
05-16-2015, 05:09 AM
Carrol is the X Factor. Guarding James but more importantly is taking it to James.

Seriously tho Cavs role players are playing great. Cavs win easily. This series ratings will be one of the lowest in a long time.

Munkeysuit
05-16-2015, 05:42 AM
X Factors for both teams would be Shumpert for Cavs and Milsap/Carroll for Hawks.
Shumpert I'd assume will have to guard multiple positions in this series when needed, and should do a decent job on Korver. Caroll will have to have the series of his life in order to even contain James, do you even realize how out of his mind Jimmy Butler played on both ends and he STILL only managed to put a few dents in Lebron's armor.
Butler said it best when he was quoted saying "You have to play damn near perfectly in order to beat Lebron James in a 7 game series" and assuming Carroll will do even a decent job is crazy! Jimmy Butler is near twice as good as Carroll on the defensive end and a far better threat on the offensive end as well, he's (Carroll) going to have his hands full.
On the positive end for Atlanta is probably the single most biggest X Factor of them all...who will guard Paul Milsap? ...expect Milsap to have maybe 2 30pt games.

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-16-2015, 06:33 AM
What a sad day in NBA history. The Cavs get to face the Atlanta fukin Hawks for a chance at the NBA finals. :sigh:. The east makes me sick to me stomach

ewing
05-16-2015, 06:47 AM

you keep saying gimmick offense, what's the gimmick? If you can't tell us what there trick is and how a team can make an adjustment to neutralize it, give it a rest.

Minimal
05-16-2015, 07:53 AM
I think Atlanta will be exposed in this series. They will get outrebounded each and every game. Hordford is not big enough for Mozgov, Mozgov might do a decent job on him. Cavs lock perimeter defence will shut their 3 pointers. Atlanta most likely will lose their home court advantage in the first games.

Chrisclover
05-16-2015, 08:06 AM
Atlanta Strip Clubs.....
LeBron is not Harden.

Ty22Mitchell
05-16-2015, 08:23 AM
I got the Cavs in 6. I just haven't seen anything from the Hawks that would indicate that they can beat the best player (regardless of matchups).

ewing
05-16-2015, 08:47 AM
Lowery has 5 days to get healthy. If he is back to full strength, i think the Cavs win in 6 or 7. If he is the guy who finished the Bulls series Hawks in 6

kingkenny01
05-16-2015, 09:10 AM
Cavs in 5 or 6, the real conference final has already been played with the Bulls, the generally the best player wins and the cavs have the best two in lebron and kyrie

KnicksorBust
05-16-2015, 09:35 AM
Lowery has 5 days to get healthy. If he is back to full strength, i think the Cavs win in 6 or 7. If he is the guy who finished the Bulls series Hawks in 6

Lowery???

RLundi
05-16-2015, 09:35 AM
What a sad day in NBA history. The Cavs get to face the Atlanta fukin Hawks for a chance at the NBA finals. :sigh:. The east makes me sick to me stomach

The Hawks won 60 games. No matter how you try to discredit the Eastern Conference, the Hawks were 22-8 against the Western Conference. They are legit. They've been legit all season long. They are one of the few teams to beat Golden State. And they will have a decent chance to beat ANY team that comes out of the western conference. So stop spewing your worthless venom.

ewing
05-16-2015, 09:36 AM
Lowery???

sorry wrong K guy.

KnicksorBust
05-16-2015, 09:38 AM
There is no one individual x-factor in this series. In general it is going to be the role player scoring of the Cavs. They have players like JR-Shump-Jones-Delladova who could go off on any given night. Btw read those names again and try not to be impressed this is who Lebron took with him to the conference finals.

RLundi
05-16-2015, 09:39 AM

Since when is ball movement gimmicky? They have one of the most fluid offenses in the NBA. That's not a gimmick. That's superb coaching and execution.

And Blatt will make adjustments? The man hardly knows what he's doing. His assistants and LeBron coach for him and the players look like they essentially tune him out. If the Cavs win this series, trust me, it won't be because of Blatt's coaching.

Tony_Starks
05-16-2015, 10:25 AM
The injuries might prove to be a blessing in disguise for Cleveland, their role players are confident now and really doing their thing. Tristian and Lebron are going to have their hands full with Horford and Milsap though, neither one gets a break on D like against the Bulls.....

Vee-Rex
05-16-2015, 10:46 AM
Oh good lord, you're back with another clownish prediction!

You the same guy who was sure wizards were going to expose ATL and take the series in 5!!!

Why don't you sit this one out and quit embarrassing yourself!

Wizards were well on their way to exposing Atlanta 'til Wall got hurt.

I honestly think that + some luck gave Atlanta the series.

Vee-Rex
05-16-2015, 10:49 AM
So you been calling ATL weak all season long, and all they have done is win 60 games and will be playing in the ECF in a few days!

But I bet you the second they get eliminated you'll jump up and Yell "see I told you'll they were weak"

keep making your predictions, with the laws of averages, you'll eventually get it right!

Sorry my predictions are offending you, dude.

Vee-Rex
05-16-2015, 11:01 AM
you keep saying gimmick offense, what's the gimmick? If you can't tell us what there trick is and how a team can make an adjustment to neutralize it, give it a rest.

Hawks use a crap ton of movement to hide their players inability to create shots on their own.

Teague is pretty much the only person on that team that can consistently create his own shot and he's not amazing at it either (Horford can post but you can't run an offense through him). Washington did a terrific job of outplaying Atlanta because Wall was doing a terrific job defending Teague. Once he got hurt, Atlanta was able to win out.

Brooklyn did well too but it was a little too late.

Atlanta struggles to find a single player to go to. This isn't just at the end of games, it's towards the end of shot clocks. It's their biggest problem - once plays are defended well, they struggle to score/make tough shots at the end of the shot clock.

Carroll will not defend LBJ as well as Butler did. Who is gonna defend the rim when LBJ drives? Not gonna be Millsap or Horford. Hawks defense doesn't defend the paint nearly as well as the Bulls did.

That's my opinion. Assuming Irving can be reasonably healthy I think we'll take it in no more than 6. I'll eat crow if I'm wrong. :)

Vee-Rex
05-16-2015, 11:07 AM
Since when is ball movement gimmicky? They have one of the most fluid offenses in the NBA. That's not a gimmick. That's superb coaching and execution.

And Blatt will make adjustments? The man hardly knows what he's doing. His assistants and LeBron coach for him and the players look like they essentially tune him out. If the Cavs win this series, trust me, it won't be because of Blatt's coaching.

Blatt has made some rookie mistakes but adjustments are his strength. He and the coaching staff gets 100% of the credit for the adjustments they made in defending Chicago's offense. Chicago got almost nothing easy following game 1. His pick-n-roll defense was better, and he did a great job of keeping Rose out of the paint for most of the series.

I know everyone's initial reaction is to bash Blatt because of the media and his t/o mistake but he does do well at making adjustments.

TheNumber37
05-16-2015, 11:13 AM
3 point shooting and ball movement. Making the cavs defend, which is something Chicago did not do.

FlashBolt
05-16-2015, 01:06 PM
Atlanta's record is impressive and all but their second half record is all that matters because it tells you more of how they have been playing recently. The difference-maker is clearly Kyrie. You need him healthy to win anything at this point.

kdspurman
05-16-2015, 01:13 PM

Exposed as what exactly? They're in the ECF and have had a hell of a season in their 2nd season together in their new system.

kdspurman
05-16-2015, 01:17 PM
You mean when LeBron shot 56% from the field and scored 27 PPG on Kawhi? Yeah... On a side note, we're going to have to wait to see about Kyrie. If he's not healthy, Hawks are going to win this one because that is a well rounded team they have that knows how to neutralize LeBron to some degree. Thompson is going to be depended on like crazy to guard Horford/Milsap. If they can keep those guys out of their rhythm, Cavs have a good shot. And James crappy efficiency that he had vs the Celtics/Bulls is not going to cut it. Needs to have one of those Miami Heat efficiency games.

Ahhh.. When will people look at Lebron's #'s with Kawhi guarding him vs other Spurs players... And not his total ending #'s :pity:

In either case, not having Sefalosha hurts in this kind of series, just to have another guy to throw @ Lebron. Carroll has been really good, we'll see what he can do.

MonroeFAN
05-16-2015, 01:18 PM

They struggled with a 50 year old Paul pierce, Lebron is going to have a field day.

kdspurman
05-16-2015, 01:19 PM
Atlanta's record is impressive and all but their second half record is all that matters because it tells you more of how they have been playing recently. The difference-maker is clearly Kyrie. You need him healthy to win anything at this point.

Does it though? They wrapped up the East somewhat early, for a team not familiar with being in that position, and Bud resting guys, they probably got a little complacent which is not uncommon.

FlashBolt
05-16-2015, 01:45 PM
Ahhh.. When will people look at Lebron's #'s with Kawhi guarding him vs other Spurs players... And not his total ending #'s :pity:

In either case, not having Sefalosha hurts in this kind of series, just to have another guy to throw @ Lebron. Carroll has been really good, we'll see what he can do.

Care to post those numbers? Sefalosha was never a LeBron stopper by any means, though. Even in OKC, it wasn't a good idea to put him on Bron because he was just so much smaller and lacked the lateral quickness to get into his spots.

Does it though? They wrapped up the East somewhat early, for a team not familiar with being in that position, and Bud resting guys, they probably got a little complacent which is not uncommon.

Yeah, it does. If we're looking at the Cavs, we have to take the 19-19 record into question. That was clearly a different team than the Cavs that ended the season on a what? 34-10 record? It's almost like the Wizards/Toronto Raptors too. They started the season VERY strong but they completely sucked the 2nd half of the season. I tend to think 2nd half is a "championship round" because that's when the teams truly step up. Would you rather take a team that has made extreme improvements and have dominated their second half of the season but was somewhat average in the first half, or a team that was dominant in the first half but was somewhat, just okay in the second half?

HoopsDrive
05-16-2015, 01:52 PM
Hawks got complacent to end the season and it carried somewhat into their 1st round matchup against the Nets... but there's no gimmick when a team wins so many games with a chance to rest key players down the stretch and advances as far as the conference finals.

They got a bit lucky with the Wall injury against the Wizards but no one can say they don't deserve to be where they are now. All this with their offense not looking too good so far... it'd be scary if their offense clicks like it did midseason.

Anyway as far as the series goes... I can't see Carroll coming close to neutralizing LeBron. I think Tristan matches up well with Millsap/Horford so defensively not a lot to be missed from Love's injury. LeBron will have to go ham if Kyrie isn't 100%.

FlashBolt
05-16-2015, 01:57 PM
John Wall being gone made the Wizards beatable. He was out three games and yeah, they won game 3 but that was a crazy good **** by Pierce. I'm inclined to believe they take 2/3 with Wall and would have ended it last night.

kdspurman
05-16-2015, 02:09 PM
Care to post those numbers? Sefalosha was never a LeBron stopper by any means, though. Even in OKC, it wasn't a good idea to put him on Bron because he was just so much smaller and lacked the lateral quickness to get into his spots.

Ha, no i don't consider him that either. Just another guy to throw at him in case of foul trouble or whatever.

I don't have all the #'s at the moment. but I've got some links-

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/91529/mvp-leonard-does-it-all

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/91407/kawhi-leonard-wreaking-havoc-on-lebron

I had another link that showed Lebron's #'s vs Kawhi and compared to other Spurs players, but I need to dig it up. But his ending #'s should come with some context

Yeah, it does. If we're looking at the Cavs, we have to take the 19-19 record into question. That was clearly a different team than the Cavs that ended the season on a what? 34-10 record? It's almost like the Wizards/Toronto Raptors too. They started the season VERY strong but they completely sucked the 2nd half of the season. I tend to think 2nd half is a "championship round" because that's when the teams truly step up. Would you rather take a team that has made extreme improvements and have dominated their second half of the season but was somewhat average in the first half, or a team that was dominant in the first half but was somewhat, just okay in the second half?

Idk, i've seen it happen both ways. Team starts out strong, finishes slow, and wins it all and vice versa, team starts out slow, finishes hot and wins it all. I'm not saying they (Hawks) can't lose, I just don't think because they slowed down in the 2nd half of the season means as much as you think it does.

flea
05-16-2015, 02:52 PM

You're right. We should give Lebron a blue ribbon for having the best performance in a Finals ever in garbage time. The way he never impacted the game or series amazed me - it was like a Globetrotters game or NBA AS game.

FlashBolt
05-16-2015, 04:26 PM
You're right. We should give Lebron a blue ribbon for having the best performance in a Finals ever in garbage time. The way he never impacted the game or series amazed me - it was like a Globetrotters game or NBA AS game.

So you're saying he's the reason they lost? Lmao, get a grip you hater. None of what you say makes any sense. You value team oriented gameplay but then you blame on James for not winning vs the Spurs or having any impact? Please make some sense because I do know you're one of those fifty year old individuals who would rather watch skinny white guys in tight shorts.

flea
05-16-2015, 04:35 PM
Yes I do blame him for being the best player on an elite team that got handed the worst Finals loss in NBA history. Was he the worse than Wade or Chalmers in the series? Of course not, but nobody thought he would be. He let his check go completely off - a guy who didn't even have plays run for him and who just got his points with hustle, cuts, slashes, and stand-still shooting. Then he didn't perform anywhere near well enough to keep his team in the game past the midway point in the 2nd quarter in 3 of his team's 4 losses.

How the hell can he not share in the blame for that debacle?

FlashBolt
05-16-2015, 04:38 PM
Yes I do blame him for being the best player on an elite team that got handed the worst Finals loss in NBA history. Was he the worse than Wade or Chalmers in the series? Of course not, but nobody thought he would be. He let his check go completely off - a guy who didn't even have plays run for him and who just got his points with hustle, cuts, slashes, and stand-still shooting. Then he didn't perform anywhere near well enough to keep his team in the game past the midway point in the 2nd quarter in 3 of his team's 4 losses.

Have a nice day. Not a single player on his team showed up yet you're blaming him for being the only player who played well. See ya!

ewing
05-17-2015, 12:20 AM
Hawks use a crap ton of movement to hide their players inability to create shots on their own.

Teague is pretty much the only person on that team that can consistently create his own shot and he's not amazing at it either (Horford can post but you can't run an offense through him). Washington did a terrific job of outplaying Atlanta because Wall was doing a terrific job defending Teague. Once he got hurt, Atlanta was able to win out.

Brooklyn did well too but it was a little too late.

Atlanta struggles to find a single player to go to. This isn't just at the end of games, it's towards the end of shot clocks. It's their biggest problem - once plays are defended well, they struggle to score/make tough shots at the end of the shot clock.

Carroll will not defend LBJ as well as Butler did. Who is gonna defend the rim when LBJ drives? Not gonna be Millsap or Horford. Hawks defense doesn't defend the paint nearly as well as the Bulls did.

That's my opinion. Assuming Irving can be reasonably healthy I think we'll take it in no more than 6. I'll eat crow if I'm wrong. :)

that's not a gimmick.

Vee-Rex
05-17-2015, 12:40 AM
Interesting tidbits:

Atlanta is giving up a postseason- worst 1.02 points per isolation possession. The Cavs are the postseason leaders in points per isolation possession as well as frequency.

That doesn't bode well for a team that had to double team Joe Johnson.

Cavs and Warriors are the only two teams in the playoffs that are top 5 in both offense and defense.

According to Sportvu, Mozgov's opponents fg% in the paint (rim protection 35ish%) is leading every other player in the postseason. In fact, these numbers match the defensive numbers of 2001 Tim Duncan which is 21st all-time in league history in the postseason.

Kyben36
05-17-2015, 12:40 AM
I guese Sefalosha cause he is the only thing close they have to a defender,

IKnowHoops
05-17-2015, 12:43 AM

Well then it begs the question why Leonard isn't always guarding him. The answer is he can't or he'd be fouled out. That defense he plays on Bron is effective but won't last long because he's all over him and he's gonna foul. Bro could foul Leonard out before half time.

IKnowHoops
05-17-2015, 12:48 AM

Because its like blaming Jordan for the loss against the Celtics

More-Than-Most
05-17-2015, 01:05 AM
So does anyone here actually think Cleveland is the favorite? Hawks rekt them in the regular season and they are now missing love and irving... I wanted the wizards to win because I think the hawks are a bad matchup for the cavs. I thought jersey and hoped jersey would 1 and done them.

IKnowHoops
05-17-2015, 01:26 AM
So does anyone here actually think Cleveland is the favorite? Hawks rekt them in the regular season and they are now missing love and irving... I wanted the wizards to win because I think the hawks are a bad matchup for the cavs. I thought jersey and hoped jersey would 1 and done them.

I do think the Cavs will win. I expect Bron to play very well, and J.R., Shump, Tristan, and Delly have all improved very much and I think the fit when a combination of them with Mozgov and Bron are actually the Cavs best lineups. Seems like the team ball is at an all time high with those lineups. Other than when Bron and Kyrie are in simultaneous Nova, the lineups that those 6 players create, synergistically seem the best, and are something that the Hawks haven't dealt with before, and that the Cavs previously didn't have going for them. If Kyrie can give 15 minutes a game and just play the 3pt sniper role, I like the added defense Delly brings over Kyrie. IF and when Kyrie reaches 100%, I say he starts obviously and gets the bulk of the pt. But for right now, I'd start Delly. I'm really liking what he's bringing. I hope he keeps improving.

ewing
05-17-2015, 09:33 AM
They struggled with a 50 year old Paul pierce, Lebron is going to have a field day.

Yeah but i let LeBron take the shots that PP was scoring on. If LeBron shoot 50% from downtown and is making step back fallaways off the dribble, itst over. If i'm the Hawks i'll take my chances with that though.

ewing
05-17-2015, 09:41 AM
Have a nice day. Not a single player on his team showed up yet you're blaming him for being the only player who played well. See ya!

Poor LeBron. this guy can never catch a break!

GoBraves
05-17-2015, 10:26 AM

Take these clownish predictions with a grain of salt. These same dudes were picking first the Nets and then the Wizards to "expose" the Hawks "gimmicky" offense and beat them in either game 5 or game 6!

Most of these guys are paper or ESPN highlights basketball fans! Since ATL doesn't have that one star player, they must be bad. ATL beat the Cavs during the season and are very capable of beating them 4/7 games. It's a toss up series at best.

Vee-Rex
05-17-2015, 11:54 AM

Hawks are only 1-0 on the Cavs since the Mozgov/Shumpert/JR trades... I wouldn't call that a 'wrecking'.

We went down by almost 20 in the 1st quarter, and a large part of that was because Kevin Love couldn't guard SAP or AL (and Teague ran wild). Irving is resting up right now and all indications are that he'll be in better shape than he was against Chicago.

My only worry is Teague. But I think Shumpert (this dude is getting NO credit for his defense this year) can contain him very well. Shumps has been putting the clamps on whoever he defends on the perimeter. He did it to Rose, and even Curry in the one game we played against them (one game sample isn't much, but still).

Most people had the Bulls beating the Cavs (on this site and every other I'm a part of). Lots seem to be taking the Cavs over the Hawks. Not because the Hawks are worse than the Bulls, but because they no longer want to sleep on Bron-n-company.

flea
05-17-2015, 12:33 PM
Because its like blaming Jordan for the loss against the Celtics

At least those were competitive games, and the Celts needed a big 4th quarter in the closeout game to sweep. Last year's Finals was never in doubt after about 14 minutes into game 3.

Vee-Rex
05-17-2015, 12:49 PM
Btw, just so everyone know my opinions are strong but my ego isn't too big where I can't admit I'm wrong. If the Hawks wreck the Cavs, I will be here to eat my crow. :)

archdevil84
05-17-2015, 01:18 PM
if lebron plays more efficient like 30 points on 12-18 shooting with 9 assist and 6 rebounds and 2 turnovers or something, then the cavs have a very good shot. If he plays like 18 points on 8-23 shooting with 11 assists 8 rebounds and 9 turnovers then its gonne be a close series i think.
lebron is the x factor

jmartin80
05-17-2015, 01:39 PM
Cavs is 6. Again.

Biggest X factor is the officiating.

JordansBulls
05-17-2015, 06:26 PM
No one wants to see Atlanta in the finals. Come on now.

kdspurman
05-18-2015, 09:40 AM
No one wants to see Atlanta in the finals. Come on now.

Why not?

Vee-Rex
05-26-2015, 09:42 PM
Remember this fun thread guys? Atlanta's offense (Korver or not) is gimmicky. Regular season strong when teams don't gameplan for it. You defend*it well, they have no one to make the tough shot at the end of the shoot clock.

David Blatt has coached circles around the media's darlings (Stevens/Thibs/Bud).

Give credit where credit is due. I only hope he can do the same to Kerr. :-)

Chrisclover
05-27-2015, 07:30 AM
The hawks need a superstar. Otherwise they will get crushed again next year.

xbrackattackx
05-27-2015, 08:04 AM
The hawks need a superstar. Otherwise they will get crushed again next year.

I think if the Hawks just had someone like Melo to score in bunches, it would have been a closer match. Assuming Melo buys in to the defense.

koreancabbage
05-27-2015, 08:40 AM
Hawks need a true a rim stopper and defensive stalwart.

their growth together can overcome top tier talent imo. they don't need a superstar.

Tristan Thompson was a one man wrecking crew in the paint against Horford and Millsap.