PDA

View Full Version : What do you think is going through these Stars mind....?

Dade County
05-15-2015, 08:30 PM
as the playoff continues and they are not apart of it (or no longer apart of it)?

Durant - Melo - Rose*

KD:

Another season goes by without him getting back to the Finals. OKC hires a new coach (no NBA head coaching experience). Freak injuries keep on happening to him and his teammates; I'm sure a sense of helplessness creeps into his mind.

Does he start flexing his super star muscle ( by putting heat on the GM)? I feel that if anything negative happens in training camp or in the 1st half of the season; rumors of him wanting out will start to surface.

Also, both him and West are dealing with injuries that can resurface again and again. West might end up like D Wade in the next 3yrs; and KD has to know that foot injuries really don't go away.

(just thinking out loud right here)
And I think the media will not get on star players that can't win a title, like how they jumped on Lbj; because of how out of control it became with Lbj.

Lbj had to leave, he couldn't take it anymore more, so the league probably sent out a memo to media outlets like ESPN, TNT...etc

Melo:

Another year not making the playoffs. Jr Smith & Shumpert having success with Lbj playing style over his iso and put it up style. Top 5 players from his draft class (Bosh, Wade, Lbj), have rings; does he regret not signing with the bulls, does he feel that he would have been the one to put them over the top.This Cav's team, wasn't even 100%.

Does he really trust Phil (does Phil really want him?)? Is he all about the money? Will he end up ringless in the big apple like Patrick Ewing?

Melo might need a pg like Billups, thats when he had his greatest success. Sports fans and critics say that Melo needs a defensive minded center and a bull dog type of power forward (and enforcer type).

But if he really needs all that, should he even be consider a star player? Or just a very talented scorer.

I for the most part like Melo, he just can't be the main decision maker on his team. He needs another alpha.

Rose:

How will he handle this defeat by the Cav's (Love out & Irving injured).

Game 6 - Elmination Game

Love = 0 points in 0 minutes
Irving = 6 points in 12 minutes
Lebron = 15 points in 41 minutes

Bulls still lose by 21 pionts. Yea it's time to blow it up.

Will this make him want to train harder and develop his basketball IQ more (he needs to play the game more like a facilitating pg), or just come to the realization that every player doesn't win a championship ( casting away his competitiveness ego... if he goes this route, he really only cares about, being able to play with his kids when he gets older lmao )

But seriously, this defeat most be a real blow to his self-esteem. What happens when the Bulls start looking for other star players to be the face of the team; and D Rose billboards are taken down for another players on.

He might be damage goods, physically and mentally when all is said and done.

I hope not (keep on fighting D Rose).

What are your thoughts on these 3 players, and how do you think their future will shape out (basketball wise of course)?

Note: If the Clippers lose to Houston in game 7, feel free to come back and add Cp3 to this list.

slashsnake
05-16-2015, 12:30 AM
Who do I feel more for?

CP3 if they lose I guess.. Other than that..

No real pain on Melo. He had his chance to choose a successful team and stayed. No problem, he likes the NY market and the money and can't argue there.

Durant is still young enough where I'm not feeling yet for him.

Rose.. wow.. Tough to work all the way back to where he is now and see the needle pointing straight down. Losing a great coach most likely, I like Jimmy Butler, but not max contract Jimmy Butler. Mirotic is really your only young guy who's not costing piles. Noah is on the downslope it looks now, and just beaten with minutes, Taj is what he is now, Dunleavy and Pau are on the downslope... Really, if you were going to beat the Cavs, this was the year to do it.

Minimal
05-16-2015, 03:26 PM
Melo - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut2lmEk_npI
Rose - I don't know...thats where he is now. Probably hopes for big changes in the team and hopes to stay on it, they lost their best chance to get to finals.
Durant - probably already planning a trip to eastern conference.
CP3 - Even if they lose, which I doubt, he is gonna come back and try it next year, nothing special. Just dissapoitment.

TO Rapz
05-16-2015, 03:49 PM
I know this isn't the point of the thread so I won't try and derail this, but I genuinely don't feel "bad" for any of these 100 millionaires that play basketball for a living.

InRoseWeTrust
05-16-2015, 05:05 PM
I know this isn't the point of the thread so I won't try and derail this, but I genuinely don't feel "bad" for any of these 100 millionaires that play basketball for a living.

Seriously....Rose/Durant/Melo:

"Oh look, the playoffs are still on." *goes back to counting hundreds*

Dade County
05-17-2015, 11:53 PM

Seriously....Rose/Durant/Melo:

"Oh look, the playoffs are still on." *goes back to counting hundreds*

Lol Basketball wise.

I don't know mentally how Cp3 comes back from this. His team was up 19 at home in game 6; it should have never went to a game 7.

I think Doc needs to step down as the GM, and they need to find away to get some talented wing player on the roster.

slashsnake
05-18-2015, 12:04 AM
Lol Basketball wise.

I don't know mentally how Cp3 comes back from this. His team was up 19 at home in game 6; it should have never went to a game 7.

I think Doc needs to step down as the GM, and they did to find away to get some talented wing player on the roster.

How to do that will be interesting. I guess if Jordan leaves they would then have the cash to get a Draymond Green, Monta Ellis type. I don't think Spurs will let Kawhi go, Heat will probably keep Wade, James staying... Butler maybe...

slaker619
05-18-2015, 12:52 AM
So sad for Paul and Durant

slashsnake
05-18-2015, 01:23 AM
So sad for Paul and Durant

Durant will be fine, He is 27 with 3 Western Conference Finals trips and one of those went to the finals. Jordan, Lebron, and Shaq won their first rings at 27. May not happen in OKC for Durant, but he has quite a while before he needs to worry.

Dade County
05-18-2015, 01:41 AM
Durant will be fine, He is 27 with 3 Western Conference Finals trips and one of those went to the finals. Jordan, Lebron, and Shaq won their first rings at 27. May not happen in OKC for Durant, but he has quite a while before he needs to worry.

But to me a player like him should have ring(S) when it's all said and done for him... Not just maybe getting 1 or 2.

He is on that level to me, and I strongly feel that if he was healthy, he would be in the WCF right now against Golden State.

slashsnake
05-18-2015, 03:11 AM
But to me a player like him should have ring(S) when it's all said and done for him... Not just maybe getting 1 or 2.

He is on that level to me, and I strongly feel that if he was healthy, he would be in the WCF right now against Golden State.

True... I'd agree there. And I'd be surprised if he didn't end his career with 2+. But like you say, if he was healthy we think he'd be playing to get in the finals. Can we say the same about Melo or CP3?

And sorry he's 26 this year. So next year was the first year Lebron, Shaq, and Jordan won a ring.

CP3 on the other hand is now 30, and playing a position where the top guys really have struggled to get rings.

And look where your teams are going. Durant is heading to FA, so he will still have his choice of where to build his 2nd act yet wherever that may be.

Melo made his choice, but it is a top FA market and could be looking up. I don't think he really took his NBA career super seriously until this past season with getting himself at the best he can be.

Paul is kind of stuck with what he has and where he is. The best outlook might be that their team is the same next year (they re-sign Jordan). He's looking at 2017 at the earliest to hit FA.

GoferKing_
05-18-2015, 05:34 AM
I feel sorry for none.

Rose - honestly they should beat Cavs, no excuse, learn some offense, because the thing that they were doing on that end were like a real drama...
Durant- nope.
Melo - hell no.
Paul - nope.

The team I feel sorry for is Memphis, and Conley showed so much heart.