PDA

View Full Version : LeBron is to the Bulls what Jordan was to the Knicks

beasted86
05-14-2015, 11:09 PM
LeBron against the Bulls in the playoffs 5-0
Jordan against the Knicks in the playoffs 5-0

^ As far as I can remember, correct me where I may be wrong.

Both teams fans (Knicks then and Bulls now) felt they had a contending team with a good coach and championship level defense, but simply not enough scoring nor efficient consistent offense.

I think the difference is Knicks fans hated Jordan but respected him as a player in the end. I don't think most Bulls fans respect LeBron.

FlashBolt
05-14-2015, 11:13 PM

Both teams fans (Knicks then and Bulls now) felt they had a contending team with a good coach and championship level defense, but simply not enough scoring nor efficient consistent offense.

I think the difference is Knicks fans hated Jordan but respected him as a player in the end. I don't think most Bulls fans respect LeBron.

I extensively disagree. With every Bulls fan, comes a Jordan fan. Jordan vs LeBron usually doesn't end well just like Kobe vs LeBron.

beasted86
05-14-2015, 11:16 PM
I extensively disagree. With every Bulls fan, comes a Jordan fan. Jordan vs LeBron usually doesn't end well just like Kobe vs LeBron.

What?

ChI_ShIzzLe
05-14-2015, 11:17 PM
Lebron is 2-0 against a legit Bulls team that had championship aspirations. The first time was a 1 vs. 8 in the 1st round and the other was against a squad where Nate Robinson was the best player.

beasted86
05-14-2015, 11:20 PM
Lebron is 2-0 against a legit Bulls team that had championship aspirations. The first time was a 1 vs. 8 in the 1st round and the other was against a squad where Nate Robinson was the best player.

Every time the Bulls beat the Knicks they weren't a contender either (IE: 89, 91). You can understand the similarity though, right?

FlashBolt
05-14-2015, 11:22 PM
What?

Most Bulls fans don't respect LeBron.

JordansBulls
05-14-2015, 11:22 PM
Every time the Bulls beat the Knicks they weren't a contender either (IE: 89, 91). You can understand the similarity though, right?

In 1989 the Knicks were the #2 seed and the Bulls the #6 seed.

dhopisthename
05-14-2015, 11:23 PM
reread his post

JordansBulls
05-14-2015, 11:23 PM

Lebron beat the Bulls in 2010, 2011, 2013, 2015

Cal827
05-14-2015, 11:24 PM
Most Bulls fans don't respect LeBron.

:laugh2: He mentioned that in the initial comment.

JordansBulls
05-14-2015, 11:25 PM
The difference is that when MJ dominated the Knicks Ewing was always at his prime and peak so that has to play a big part. Not to mention they always brought it.
Apart from 2011, the Bulls against Lebron really weren't that good.

Also 1989, 1991, 1992, 1993 and 1996 MJ beat the Knicks when Ewing was around and Ewing was in his prime/peak.

Lebron beat the Bulls in 2010, 2011, 2013, 2015. So MJ beat the Knicks more times and there star was playing at a high level each time. Lebron beat the Bulls but don't forget 2013 no Rose was around nor two other starters. Wish they got to play in 2012 though before the ACL injury. Would have been the best chance. Would have been like the 1993 Knicks vs 1993 Bulls in 2012 with the Bulls and Heat playing.

ewing
05-14-2015, 11:45 PM
[QUOTE=beasted86;29949510]LeBron against the Bulls in the playoffs 5-0

[B]

everyone know s LeBron is good

Dade County
05-14-2015, 11:49 PM
To me, this was the bulls last chance at a title for a while.

(something I wrote in the game thread)

Where do I begin...

I think that it's over for this bulls team as we know it. They might need to go find a star player that can carrier this team to serious contention.

The Cav's will only get stronger in the years to come.

Rose is a good player from time to time, but what the media build up was just too much (and the injuries just slowed him down too much).

To me, the bulls are done; I am expecting to see a very different team next year.

JordansBulls
05-14-2015, 11:57 PM

Where do I begin...

I think that it's over for this bulls team as we know it. They might need to go find a star player that can carrier this team to serious contention.

Rose is a good player from time to time, but what the media build up was just too much (and the injuries just slowed him down too much).

To me, the bulls are done; I am expecting to see a very different team next year.

I actually agree with everything you said here.

ewing
05-15-2015, 12:02 AM
The difference is that when MJ dominated the Knicks Ewing was always at his prime and peak so that has to play a big part. Not to mention they always brought it.

Also 1989, 1991, 1992, 1993 and 1996 MJ beat the Knicks when Ewing was around and Ewing was in his prime/peak.

Lebron beat the Bulls in 2010, 2011, 2013, 2015. So MJ beat the Knicks more times and there star was playing at a high level each time. Lebron beat the Bulls but don't forget 2013 no Rose was around nor two other starters. Wish they got to play in 2012 though before the ACL injury. Would have been the best chance. Would have been like the 1993 Knicks vs 1993 Bulls in 2012 with the Bulls and Heat playing.

I'd like to hear your tale on Rose. i'll be straight- I have always thought of him as a Steve Franchise type player healthy or not. He is talented as **** but with the ball in his hands all the time i think you need a very legit D to win or a another player that is a great play maker for others. Maybe is you had a team like Nellie Warriors when Baron ran it down the Mavs throats but to be honestly i have lower opinion of a healthy Rose then most. Do you think the Bulls have missed out on a GENERATIONAL player with Rose's injuries or a super talented star maybe could have won with right mix?

IKnowHoops
05-15-2015, 12:07 AM

Its alway better when your team wins

Dade County
05-15-2015, 12:25 AM
I actually agree with everything you said here.

How do you feel about, lamarcus aldridge in a bulls uniform next season?

They might trade Noah too, his breaking down. And maybe move Jimmy to the SF spot and get a pure shooter in there like danny green.

Rose
Green
Butler
Gasol/Gibson (I actually see one of them getting traded too)
LMA

ChI_ShIzzLe
05-15-2015, 12:38 AM

They might trade Noah too, his breaking down. And maybe move Jimmy to the SF spot and get a pure shooter in there like danny green.

Rose
Green
Butler
LMA

Pipe dream

Vincent
05-15-2015, 01:49 AM

I disagree with the last sentence. Everyone in Chicago knows how good LeBron is, especially when you routinely see him beating your team every year.

I do agree that LeBron seems to have the Bulls number. This team needs a shake up to get over the hump, or forever be the 90's Knicks, or the 2000's Utah Jazz of the East.

FlashBolt
05-15-2015, 01:52 AM
Why would LMA go to the Bulls when he could go to the Cavs?

ewing
05-15-2015, 02:31 AM
this Bulls team is not in the same league as the early 90s knicks

NYSpirit1
05-15-2015, 02:34 AM
Lol, this is such a dumb post.

LeBron's legacy is tainted by always taking the easy way out. When Jordan beat the Knicks, as a fellow posted said earlier, the Knicks were always an elite team with a superstar in his prime.

What has LeBron done? Their team blows and would've went home in the first round in the West, but yet they'll make it to the NBA Finals. It's a joke. Let's not say this is impressive.

Dade County
05-15-2015, 06:39 AM
Pipe dream

LoL

Why would LMA go to the Bulls when he could go to the Cavs?

Lol, i didn't know Love opted out already.

Yeah, I don't think they could afford LMA, next season (but you could have said the Spurs though).

MILLERHIGHLIFE
05-15-2015, 06:54 AM

Rose
Green
Butler
LMA

Gibson odd man out to clear some cap to re-sign Butler.

Tumstock
05-15-2015, 07:49 AM
The knicks made it to the playoffs 5 times???

Bartlee23
05-15-2015, 08:23 AM

Where do I begin...

I agree with everything you say with the exception of " the Cavs will only get stronger in the years to come." Lebron is on the wrong side of 30 and has lots of miles on his body. He is still the best in the game and does have a couple more years of high performance in him. He is not the player he was but he's still the best. When you get older you can't play at a high volume game after game and Lebron has reached that age. Once Lebron leaves Cleveland will fall right back in the basement where they were.

I would say they have maybe two good years left and after that Lebron will be 33 and who knows who will be on the team. Coming out of the East right now is not a great accomplishment. Let's see what they can do versus the West.

koreancabbage
05-15-2015, 08:42 AM
Lol, this is such a dumb post.

LeBron's legacy is tainted by always taking the easy way out. When Jordan beat the Knicks, as a fellow posted said earlier, the Knicks were always an elite team with a superstar in his prime.

What has LeBron done? Their team blows and would've went home in the first round in the West, but yet they'll make it to the NBA Finals. It's a joke. Let's not say this is impressive.

the fact that your said this without any proof nullifies your argument. how do you know he would go out in the first round?

D-Leethal
05-15-2015, 09:18 AM
The 90s Knicks would wallop these Bulls.

D-Leethal
05-15-2015, 09:20 AM
And if Horace Grant missed the whole series, Pippen was an injured shell of his self and BJ Armstrong was suspended the first two games they would have wallopped MJ's Bulls too.

JohnStarks294
05-15-2015, 09:44 AM
😅 karma payback whatever.
The Bulls will never Win without Jordan. Never have never will.
They suck

pacofunk64
05-15-2015, 09:56 AM
And if Horace Grant missed the whole series, Pippen was an injured shell of his self and BJ Armstrong was suspended the first two games they would have wallopped MJ's Bulls too.

Please stop...just like the Bulls they would have still found a way to lose. The great ones like MJ and LBJ straight up find a way to win.

pacofunk64
05-15-2015, 10:00 AM
As I was sitting there this very thought came thru my head. That we are now the Knicks of the Jordan era. Tough, physical team who tried to bully and rough up the great one to no avail. The Bulls had their chance to win this series in game 4 and straight up blew it! I don't like Lebron but I am and always will have respect for him as a player because he is a winner no matter where he goes. The Bulls need to part ways with several players and it starts with Rose. They need to build around Butler but even he can't be the #1.

ChI_ShIzzLe
05-15-2015, 10:14 AM
Lol, i didn't know Love opted out already.

Yeah, I don't think they could afford LMA, next season (but you could have said the Spurs though).

Question is, would he wanna live in Cleveland? [emoji1]

Wade n Fade
05-15-2015, 10:25 AM
It's more like Tibbs is a horrific offensive coach plus Chicago dealing with constant injuries. The Cavs should've lost this series, but Gasoft sat out twice.

d00d
05-15-2015, 10:27 AM
Bull ****ing ****

The Bulls cannot abuse Lebron like the Knicks did Jordan.

Jordan played against a football team that mobbed him and hit him hard.

Lebronda cries and whines all game and does drama writhing on the floor about his ankle or his back and noone can touch the guy. He is protected by the refs and Lebron would be destroyed by the Knicks, the Pacers, the Pistons of the 80's and 90's. It would be hilarious to watch him back then with his diva ***** antics.

Ty22Mitchell
05-15-2015, 11:13 AM

Where do I begin...

Great post. The Bulls are a Superstar away from being serious contenders IMO. The problem (I say this a lot) is there aren't any available in a timely manner. They could gamble that Jimmy Buttler (they should give him his max contract either way) is going to being a superstar, but I'm not seeing it yet. Because there are no superstarfree agents available, I think the best move is to fire Coach T and hope his replacement sparks something. They're just too close to blow everything up and build around Jimmy.

Ty22Mitchell
05-15-2015, 11:17 AM
the fact that your said this without any proof nullifies your argument. how do you know he would go out in the first round?

You're fighting a hate that defies logic.

koreancabbage
05-15-2015, 11:19 AM
Bull ****ing ****

The Bulls cannot abuse Lebron like the Knicks did Jordan.

Jordan played against a football team that mobbed him and hit him hard.

Lebronda cries and whines all game and does drama writhing on the floor about his ankle or his back and noone can touch the guy. He is protected by the refs and Lebron would be destroyed by the Knicks, the Pacers, the Pistons of the 80's and 90's. It would be hilarious to watch him back then with his diva ***** antics.

nope. Lebron would still be the best player in that series.