PDA

View Full Version : All-Time Redraft Quarterfinals: (3) Flint vs (6) Malignant Cove

Shammyguy3
05-14-2015, 10:57 PM
Each year PSD users on the forum partake in a fantasy snake-draft consisting of all-time players. Players are designated for certain eras based on their peak, and we've used a general 5 year prime to try and rank players overall value (so try and vote based on that 5-year peak as best you can). After the draft, opposing conferences voted for playoff ranking. So, given the two rosters below, if they were to face in real life (with every player in their 5-year prime), which team would win in the 7-game series?

3. Flint (Home-Court Advantage)
PG: Tim Hardaway - Ron Harper
SG: Vince Carter - Andre Iguodala
SF: Scottie Pippen - Shane Battier
PF: Tim Duncan - Buck Williams
C: Brad Daugherty - Walt Bellamy

6. Malignant Cove
PG: Mo Cheeks - Bob Cousy
SG: Michael Jordan - Michael Ray-Richardson
SF: Kiki Vandeweghe - Klay Thompson
PF: Pau Gasol - Spencer Haywood
C: Yao Ming - George Mikan

Below are write-ups sent in by the GMs of the teams giving their reasons for why their team should win this matchup:

Malignant Cove did not send in a Write-Up

Flint's Write-Up

I will do the rest of the debating for this match-up within the thread, but there is one very important note that I want you all to know before you vote: Vince Carter will NOT be covering Michael Jordan. Scottie Pippen will be on him for the vast majority of the game, with Battier and Iguodala getting a few minutes on Jordan as well. But Vince Carter will be covering Kiki.

With that in mind, best of luck to Jon! May the best team win.

Shammyguy3
05-14-2015, 11:01 PM
B'sCeltsPatsSox has been VMed/PMed to add a third option to the poll for GMs, it should be edited soon

Raps08-09 Champ
05-14-2015, 11:09 PM
They have 2 top 50 players all time off the bench in Cousy and Mikan!!!!!!!!!!

Shammyguy3
05-14-2015, 11:12 PM
B'sCeltsPatsSox says he can't add the poll option, i have to make a new thread

Shammyguy3
05-14-2015, 11:58 PM
do not vote in this thread!!!!!!!!

go vote in THIS thread: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?891349-All-Time-Redraft-Quarterfinals-%283%29-Flint-vs-%286%29-Malignant-Cove&p=29949837#post29949837

jon32
05-15-2015, 12:06 AM
I'm working long *** hours...will try and do a write up in a bit.

Couple of points , triangle offense will be used obviously with MJ and Pau. I'll be able to pull Flints bigs away with Pau and to an extent Yaos mid range game allowing my other players to cut and slash to the bucket.
On defense Mo Cheeks and Michael Jordan ( amazing perimeter defenders and great stealers) will hound Hardaway and Carter taking away their perimeter game and reduce their passing game too. This will result in high turnovers and many more opportunities for Malignant Cove. They will then rely on Duncan for heavy scoring as Pippen isn't a huge offensive threat and Daugherty will have alot of trouble getting to the rim with Yao in the paint.....his height and strength will be a problem with every big in the game.

P.s I have Michael Jordan.

Ebbs
05-15-2015, 03:15 PM
Turned that MJ team around a bit.

His boy Scottie playing with Duncan is juicy.

Ebbs
05-15-2015, 03:16 PM
Very tough, I'll go Flint in 7.