PDA

View Full Version : All-Time Redraft Quarterfinals: (3) Brampton vs (5) La Habra

Shammyguy3
05-14-2015, 07:32 PM
Each year PSD users on the forum partake in a fantasy snake-draft consisting of all-time players. Players are designated for certain eras based on their peak, and we've used a general 5 year prime to try and rank players overall value (so try and vote based on that 5-year peak as best you can). After the draft, opposing conferences voted for playoff ranking. So, given the two rosters below, if they were to face in real life (with every player in their 5-year prime), which team would win in the 7-game series?

3. Brampton (Home-Court Advantage)
PG: Walt Frazier (36) / Jason Terry (12)
SG: David Thompson (33) / Raja Bell (10) / Jason Terry (5)
SF: Paul Pierce (35) / Walter Davis (13)
PF: Chris Bosh (32) / Elton Brand (16)
C: Wilt Chamberlain (38) / Ralph Sampson (10)

6. La Habra
C: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (38) / Marc Gasol (10)
PF: Horace Grant (38) / Mehmet Okur (10)
SF: Dominique Wilkins (36) / Peja Stojakovic (12)
SG: Doug Christie (40) / Kyle Korver(8)
PG: Mark Price (36) / Fat Lever (12)

Below are write-ups sent in by the GMs of the teams giving their reasons for why their team should win this matchup:

La Habra did not send in a Write-Up

Brampton Write-Up

We feel that we have the superior team to La Habra because we have a clear advantage at 3 positions (PG,SF,PF), and the other 2 are pretty damn close to washes.

Kareem vs Wilt will definitely be the key matchup of the series. Both guys will have their moments on both sides of the ball, but we think that we have more scoring help around Wilt to make the difference. Most team will have to double KAJ because of the dominant threat he is, but not us. Wilt can handle KAJ on his own. This is essential because La Habra has 2 solid 3pt shooting guards but we can choose to stay at home on KAJ post-ups and play tight on those shooters. On the other end, Wilt can give it back to KAJ also. If they plan on doubling, we have 4 other dangerous offensive players Wilt can pass off to. There just isnít much separating these 2 players and this matchup will essentially be a wash. Both players will have success in this series but we have clear advantages everywhere else.

Guarding Nique would also be a tough ask for most teams but we also have a 2 way player here that can give it back to Nique on the other side of the court. Pierce will abuse Wilkins, who isnít known for defense, and can get all sorts of looks that he wants. Nique will also get some defensive work from Raja Bell, who is one of the better 1v1 defenders of his era. Of course Nique can get his scoring #s, but because of his lack of defense, we feel that we can get the edge in this series because of Pierceís great 2-way play. But on the other hand, they have absolutely nobody else they can put on Pierce. He can dominate this series on the offensive end alone if they only have Wilkins and Korver to guard him.

At Power Forward, we just have a clear advantage, as Bosh is easily a better player than Horace. Bosh is a proven star that can take over a game not only with his face-up skills, but his great outside shooting as well. Horace is a great role player in his own right but he doesnít have the goods to equal Boshís productivity in a playoff series.

We also clearly have an advantage at both guard spots. Thompson and Frazier are just way better players than Price and Christie. Christie is pretty much a non-threat on offense in this game except for spot-up shooting but weíll be playing him up tight. Frazier is obviously the superior player and has all of the tools to keep up with and slow down Price. Frazier is one of the elite guard defenders in NBA history, and will be used to guard Price all series and prevent him from shooting wide-open 3ís La Habra will try to create from KAJ postups.

Off the bench we have 2 great post-up threats who can give La Habra some trouble in Sampson and Brand. We also love what Jason Terry brings on the offensive end. Not only is he a great 3pt shooter but he is also one of the best PnR shooters of his era and formed one of the deadliest 2-man combos with Dirk during their time in Dallas. We feel we can re-create some of that magic with Bosh (obviously not to the degree he did with Dirk, but it can still be a very effective weapon). Itís rare having guards that can shoot of the PnR just as well as they shoot 3s, and we have that player.

Overall, our team is more talented and much more balanced than La Habra. Our whole starting lineup is capable of scoring, not just a few with spot-up shooters scattered around. Our scorers are very versatile. Pierce is not only a great iso player, but he can spot-up as well. Same goes for Bosh and his face-up/jump shooting game. Our defense is also balanced as well, and there isnít one liability in this lineup. We can guard their offensive threats as well as anyone in this game can, but on the other end our stars will be tougher to contain with our great balance.

valade16
05-14-2015, 07:55 PM
Shouldn't it be 3 vs 6?

Shammyguy3
05-14-2015, 08:11 PM
damn valade's all over me, give me a break man!!!

:)

KnicksorBust
05-14-2015, 08:29 PM
Brampton easily. They have the advantage at every position.

Shammyguy3
05-14-2015, 10:03 PM
Lakers + Giants

where you at?! give us reasons why you'd win!

Ebbs
05-15-2015, 03:11 PM
Brampton in 5.

KoB is a nut though.

Lakers + Giants
05-15-2015, 05:25 PM
Lakers + Giants

where you at?! give us reasons why you'd win!

Ughhh. No point now, too deep in a hole to get out of this mess. Seems like nobody thinks I could win. No point in trying to counter now haha.

:surrender:

Shammyguy3
05-15-2015, 05:47 PM
Ughhh. No point now, too deep in a hole to get out of this mess. Seems like nobody thinks I could win. No point in trying to counter now haha.

:surrender:

you had a fighter's chance to convince me man, but i had to vote Brampton since you didn't even bother.

Shammyguy3
05-15-2015, 07:40 PM
more votes por favor

Shammyguy3
05-16-2015, 03:09 PM
bump

Shammyguy3
05-16-2015, 11:57 PM
only one more day of votes for this matchup

mightybosstone
05-17-2015, 09:49 AM
Brampton easily. They have the advantage at every position.

Mmm.... I don't believe I'd go that far. PG, SG and PF? Sure. But I'd give prime Kareem an edge over prime Wilt and Wilkins vs. Pierce is a coin flip. I also really liked La Habra's bench, and thought they had a pretty significant edge there. It's unfortunate they opted not to plead their case because they might have had a chance to sway me. But I was slightly leaning Brampton at the start to begin with, so they get my vote. But I do think this one would have gone at least 6 games.

Sadds The Gr8
05-17-2015, 11:53 AM
Mmm.... I don't believe I'd go that far. PG, SG and PF? Sure. But I'd give prime Kareem an edge over prime Wilt and Wilkins vs. Pierce is a coin flip. I also really liked La Habra's bench, and thought they had a pretty significant edge there. It's unfortunate they opted not to plead their case because they might have had a chance to sway me. But I was slightly leaning Brampton at the start to begin with, so they get my vote. But I do think this one would have gone at least 6 games.

I don't even know if that's true. It seems like people on PSD or people in general just automatically give Kareem the edge because he has 6 rings to 2 for Wilt (the tired old ringzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz argument). It's hard to compare though since I never saw prime Wilt play...they're very close to even to me. I'd probably say it's just as much of a coin flip as Nique/Pierce.

Shammyguy3
05-17-2015, 12:57 PM
essentially a wrap, but about 6.5 hours left of voting time still