PDA

View Full Version : What is this post season doing to paul pierce Legacy?

More-Than-Most
05-09-2015, 08:41 PM
Thoughts? He is playing insane in terms of clutch which I am not really a fan of but yea. If they get to the finals and he continues this type of play what will this do to or for his legacy?

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-09-2015, 08:48 PM
Nothing bro. His legacy is set

MagicBucsSox
05-09-2015, 09:51 PM
Just adding to it. Most underrated clutch player this era. Only person i ever seen that could go shot for shot with lebron and actually going head to head. And with no athleticism. All skill. Always felt he was better than Wade.

GiantsSwaGG
05-09-2015, 10:31 PM
His career change in 2007, before that he was another Melo

ewing
05-09-2015, 10:44 PM
cementing it

Tony_Starks
05-09-2015, 10:50 PM
He's been good. Ring, Finals MVP, gave Kobe a L, gave Lebron multiple L's and made him run to South Beach to beat him, all the individual accolades you can think of......this is icing on the cake.

MagicBucsSox
05-09-2015, 10:58 PM
His career change in 2007, before that he was another Melo
He was only going to ECF's nothing big

nickdymez
05-10-2015, 02:11 AM
He was only going to ECF's nothing big

And Melo was going to the western conference finals. So dont really get the melo reference

nickdymez
05-10-2015, 04:58 AM
And to answer the question, nothing

phantasyyy
05-10-2015, 03:48 PM
And Melo was going to the western conference finals. So dont really get the melo reference

hence.. similiar trajectories. Melo's just waitin for his big 3 to form in NY so he can too achieve that team success that pierce has(or i guess thats the hope for NY-faithfuls)

But it probably won't happen like that, Pierce's playmaking ability is just too much to make up with Melo' but I guess he can always try again when hes 35/36 and jump ship hahaha

ManningToTyree
05-10-2015, 06:16 PM
Not much

KnicksorBust
05-10-2015, 08:43 PM
PROBABLY nothing. But far too many people are writing this post-season off. There is still the possibility that they make the finals. Wall's injury severely hampered that opportunity but on the off chance they get they a ring and a good finals performance ALWAYS increases a player's legacy imho.

Sportfan
05-11-2015, 02:15 AM
It's not going to severely boost him up any all time player lists but, I don't see why people are saying his legacy is unchanged? If we're combining this postseason with last year's as his post-Celtics run it absolutely adds to his playoff legacy IMO. Other than Duncan, what 2000's star has been this successful in transitioning from star to role player while still being an important part of the team? You could argue Ray Allen but Pierce's leadership crushes Allen who was always just a sidekick to the big 3. The Wizards are Wall and Beal's team but Pierce has been the guy representing the Wizards along with them

So many 2000's stars just fell off a cliff from Kobe, Iverson, Hill, McGrady, Nash, Marion, Amare, Shaq, Rip, KG etc. They became washed up almost overnight. Hell, even guys from a few years ago like Parker, Rondo, Deron, JJ, Dwight, show their decline rapidly. Pierce has been slow and old man status since like 2010 and yet the guy is still killing it. I know NBA isn't as big on counting stats as the NFL/MLB and you're really known moreso for your prime than anything else, but Pierce's longevity as a backcourt player is strongly under appreciated. Only Kobe and Dirk have scored more points than Pierce since he's come into the league

Plus he already had a solid playoff resume and the past 2 years he's proven to be the Raptor slayer and solidified himself as one of the most clutch big game performers of our generation.