PDA

View Full Version : Possible Blake Griffin-LaMarcus Aldridge sign-and-trade rumored

mrblisterdundee
05-08-2015, 11:45 PM
A story in CSN Northwest linked Blake Griffin to the Trailblazers (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/rumor-blake-griffin-to-trail-blazers-in-signandtrade-355042.html), citing the Blazers General Manager Neil Olshey's connection to Griffin.

Yahoo Sports’ Marc J. Spears on John Canzano’s Bald-Faced Truth radio show talking about the Trail Blazers:
This is a rumor. Let me say that three times. This is a rumor. This a rumor. This is a rumor.
Blake Griffin.
Obviously, there’s a connection there with the GM. And you wonder, if LaMarcus is interested in the Clippers, playing with Chris Paul. Could Neil Olshey get his old superstar with the Clippers in Portland?
I think you get to a point where – Neil is smart. You’ve got to have a come-to-Jesus meeting with LaMarcus and say, “Hey, do you really want to be here or do you think you want to go. - See more at: http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/rumor-blake-griffin-to-trail-blazers-in-signandtrade-355042.html#sthash.zE3nwAoB.dpuf

I'm a Blazers fan, but I personally think this is highly unlikely. Aldridge, almost 30, has peaked, whereas Griffin's a beast, four years younger and still getting better. It could happen, but the Blazers would have to offer a good deal, likely including at least two other quality reserves (maybe C.J. McCollum and Meyers Leonard?).

bucketss
05-08-2015, 11:50 PM
dumb trade.

jerellh528
05-08-2015, 11:51 PM
Why would clippers do this?

Clippersfan86
05-08-2015, 11:52 PM
Haha. No. Reminds me of Melo for Griffin trade talk that came out of nowhere, was dumb and picked up no steam.

Chronz
05-09-2015, 12:04 AM
Yeah, about as fake as that Melo rumor. No chance, GUARANTEED.

mngopher35
05-09-2015, 12:10 AM
I just can't see any way this would happen, why would Clips do it?

EAGLES3658
05-09-2015, 12:14 AM
If the Clippers lose to the Rockets I could see them trying to shake things up but not this. I think they would move Paul before Griffin.

SupremeNY.
05-09-2015, 12:32 AM
Griffin is going nowhere.
End thread.

Chronz
05-09-2015, 01:03 AM
If the Clippers lose to the Rockets I could see them trying to shake things up but not this. I think they would move Paul before Griffin.

They WILL move CP3 before Griffin based on the age difference, buit you would be wrong to think its for losing to the Rox. No team is that shortsighted.

JasonJohnHorn
05-09-2015, 09:00 AM
Sounds like a rumour started by the guy who wants Griffin.

RLundi
05-09-2015, 09:15 AM
Makes no sense, especially considering how much Blake has emerged this postseason.

Cal827
05-09-2015, 10:25 AM
Yeah, highly doubt this has any merit. Why would the Clippers go back to being the Clippers of old?

Blake is probably the best PF in the game, why would they deal him for an older PF who'll likely start declining soon? Unless Portland is willing to ship out another player, like Batum, then this won't happen. Even if they are, this probably won't happen :laugh2:

valade16
05-09-2015, 11:17 AM
I am wracking my brain trying to find a compelling reason the Clippers would do this and I just can't.

xbrackattackx
05-09-2015, 01:09 PM
Maybe Affalo,Matthews and LA for Griffin,Hawes and Reddick and a pick. That would be Blazers getting best player and Clippers filling that bench...

CP3
Affalo
Matthews
LA
Jordan
Crawford
Rivers
Barnes

Lillard
Reddick
Batum
Blake
Griffin
Lopez
Kaman
Hawes

EAGLES3658
05-09-2015, 01:16 PM
They WILL move CP3 before Griffin based on the age difference, buit you would be wrong to think its for losing to the Rox. No team is that shortsighted.

I don't think it would be just because of the Rockets. I think it would be because of the consistent lack of playoff success.

jimm120
05-09-2015, 01:43 PM
Haha. No. Reminds me of Melo for Griffin trade talk that came out of nowhere, was dumb and picked up no steam.

Yeah, but at least the Melo for Griffin talks were when Melo was 28 (and he ended up having his best years so far at age 28 and 29).

But this one....Melo was a top 10 player and it was still kind of a risky trade to do for the Clippers.

This one makes even less sense. Aldridge is "only" a top 25 player. And he'll be 31. Sure, he's in his prime still, but in the final 2 years.

Blake is another otp 20 player.

I understand trading a top 20 Blake for a top 10 Melo, even though Blake was much younger (and I wouldn't have done it if I was the Clippers).

But trading for a top 25 Aldridge for top 20 Blake Griffin?

Unless you're getting SOMETHING else of much value back, I don't understand.

bleedprple&gold
05-09-2015, 02:10 PM
Yea not happening...

McAllen Tx
05-09-2015, 05:18 PM
If the Thunder don't get no assurances from Durant on resigning and he comes back healthy, I can see them looking into a Durant for Blake trade.

Clippersfan86
05-09-2015, 08:32 PM
Yeah, but at least the Melo for Griffin talks were when Melo was 28 (and he ended up having his best years so far at age 28 and 29).

But this one....Melo was a top 10 player and it was still kind of a risky trade to do for the Clippers.

This one makes even less sense. Aldridge is "only" a top 25 player. And he'll be 31. Sure, he's in his prime still, but in the final 2 years.

I understand trading a top 20 Blake for a top 10 Melo, even though Blake was much younger (and I wouldn't have done it if I was the Clippers).

Blake was never lower than top 10 really. Maybe 14 or 15 in the year he dipped to like 19/9/4 or whatever when he played 32 MPG and dumb Vinny didn't use him as much. Last year he was runner up MVP. This year the most dominant player of the playoffs. His rookie year NBA/ESPN both ranked him as the 10th best player.

This is nothing more than Neil Olshey (Portland's GM who drafted Blake) wanting Blake over Aldridge and putting the rumors out there. As someone else said.. even if Portland offered Lillard AND Aldridge Clippers may still say no. The gap in terms of value is that huge. Aldridge is good but he's not gonna get any better and he's 4 years older. Blake is looking like prime Charles Barkley right now. Lol at the fools who said he would never surpass Shawn Kemp or Amare.

Stunner
05-09-2015, 08:55 PM
LA for Love makes more sense

rockets-fan
05-09-2015, 11:00 PM
Blake was never lower than top 10 really. Maybe 14 or 15 in the year he dipped to like 19/9/4 or whatever when he played 32 MPG and dumb Vinny didn't use him as much. Last year he was runner up MVP. This year the most dominant player of the playoffs. His rookie year NBA/ESPN both ranked him as the 10th best player.

This is nothing more than Neil Olshey (Portland's GM who drafted Blake) wanting Blake over Aldridge and putting the rumors out there. As someone else said.. even if Portland offered Lillard AND Aldridge Clippers may still say no. The gap in terms of value is that huge. Aldridge is good but he's not gonna get any better and he's 4 years older. Blake is looking like prime Charles Barkley right now. Lol at the fools who said he would never surpass Shawn Kemp or Amare.

Griffin is definitely top 5 right now imo, which is saying a lot because three years ago i said he would be nothing more than a dunk highlight reel...

Lebron
Durant
Curry
Harden
Griffin

IMO in no order

IKnowHoops
05-09-2015, 11:49 PM

Blake has been top 10 for the past 3 years.

IKnowHoops
05-09-2015, 11:52 PM

Amare's Peak is still higher IMO. Amare had the same athletic ability and a much better jump shot. Amare just got injured. He's definitely better than Kemp though. He's a better rebounder than Amare ever was I'll give him that, but not a better offensive threat.

Clippersfan86
05-10-2015, 12:52 AM
If you say Amare is a better scorer I agree, but Griffin is the better passer by miles, so offensively overall maybe they are a draw IMO. Blake a better defender and rebounder. Amare's two best years are better than Blake's, but Blake's also barely entering his prime now so he should surpass that peak vs peak.

Chronz
05-10-2015, 01:19 AM
I don't think it would be just because of the Rockets. I think it would be because of the consistent lack of playoff success.

I disagree I think they know how much of a team game this is, especially considering CP3 is the only whos consistently showed up with regards to everyone on the team.

IBleedPurple
05-10-2015, 07:20 AM
Although I'm a fan of LMA, and not always Blake, this would be turrible for the Clips. Can't imagine Blake is trying to force his way out, which is the only situation where a desperation deal like this makes sense.

mike_noodles
05-10-2015, 07:30 AM
Is this similar to the Chris Bosh sign and trade to Toronto for Kyle Lowry last year that was guaranteed to happen.