PDA

View Full Version : WC Semifinals Series Thread: Clippers (3) vs Rockets (2) Rockets win 4-3

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

kdspurman
05-04-2015, 12:19 PM
http://nba-shop.uk/ekmps/shops/celtics/images/2015-nba-all-star-western-conference-217-c[ekm]150x145[ekm].jpg

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/236/thumbs/bvv028jd1hhr8ee8ii7a0fg4i.gif VS. http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/230/thumbs/8xe4813lzybfhfl14axgzzqeq.gif

All games in EST

Game 1 – Monday, May 4: Clippers at Rockets – 9:30 p.m. (TNT)

Game 2 – Wednesday, May 6: Clippers at Rockets – 9:30 p.m. (TNT)

Game 3 – Friday, May 8: Rockets at Clippers- 10:30 p.m. (ESPN)

Game 4 – Sunday, May 10: Rockets at Clippers – 8:30 p.m. (TNT)

Game 5* – Tuesday, May 12: TBD at Rockets – Time TBD (TNT)

Game 6* – Thursday, May 14: Rockets at Clippers – Time TBD (ESPN)

Game 7* – Sunday, May 17: TBD at Rockets – Time TBD (TV TBD)

* If Necessary

Projected Starting Lineups:

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/236/thumbs/esjh42dzbk5mg54pn3deriyjg.gif

C: Deandre Jordan
PF: Blake Griffin
SF: Matt Barnes
SG: JJ Reddick
PG: Chris Paul

Projected Starting Lineups:

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/230/thumbs/v8ogeim9sseg06ovyhmbp0cwg.gif

C: Dwight Howard
PF: Terrance Jones
SF: Trevor Ariza
SG: James Harden
PG: Jason Terry

Staples Center, Los Angeles

http://www.hollywoodhotel.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/staples-center.jpg

Toyota Center, Houston

http://www.levyrestaurants.com/images/toyota-center/toyota_header.jpg

Chronz
05-04-2015, 01:17 PM
I never thought I'd utter these words BUT, I hope Austin Rivers is starting over CP3 tonight.

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 01:26 PM
Even without CP3 Houston doesn't worry me too much. Griffin will crush them, Redick kills Harden, DJ and Dwight have played each other to a draw the last 3 years or so (Although not this year). Even without CP Clippers can win in 6 or 7 IF they can prevent guys like Terry/Brewer/Ariza from going off. Griffin/Redick/Jordan is just as good as Harden/Howard/3rd best player. With Paul somewhat healthy I have Clippers in 5 or 6.

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 01:29 PM
Oh PS Harden this year shot 35 percent vs the Clippers this year and only scored 20 ppg due to 8 ppg coming from the FT. I predict Harden's flopping and flailing will allow him to average 15 ft's a game considering the Clippers commit low IQ fouls to compound this. As Matt Barnes said about Harden being the guy he hates guarding most: "James Harden. You can't breathe on him without a foul call. He's got refs fooled".

Vee-Rex
05-04-2015, 01:31 PM
Even without CP3 Houston doesn't worry me too much. Griffin will crush them, Redick kills Harden, DJ and Dwight have played each other to a draw the last 3 years or so (Although not this year). Even without CP Clippers can win in 6 or 7 IF they can prevent guys like Terry/Brewer/Ariza from going off. Griffin/Redick/Jordan is just as good as Harden/Howard/3rd best player. With Paul somewhat healthy I have Clippers in 5 or 6.

Are you sure? Clippers are nowhere near the same team without CP3. Like... I'm not sure they'd make the playoffs without him. Rockets continue to be underestimated, and I think they're a better team than people give them credit for. I do think with CP3 the Clippers would easily be the favorites, but it's such an enormous drop-off when he's not playing.

goingfor28
05-04-2015, 01:31 PM
Cp3 gametime decision. MRI came back negative. I'd be surprised if he doesn't play.

Verbal Christ
05-04-2015, 01:48 PM
LOL @ the horseshit being spewed by Clip fan already.

"doesnt worry me much" ... "Redick kills Harden" ... HILARIOUS!! Is this the Def Comedy Jam?

Rockets will be rested and the playoff roatation healthy. Bench is deeper.

Oh yeah, Dwight didnt play in one game against LAC this year. "Played hiim to a draw the last 3 years" Just Wow!

There's confidence and then there is crazy. All the CP3 is hurt crap is all mind games. Rockets will lose in 5? This should be fun.

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 01:52 PM
Vee Rox my opinion may seem arrogant but I think the Rockets are a great team and legit contenders. I just think the Clippers are their worst match up. CP3 is the main reason but Griffin/DJ/Crawford/Redick have also obliterated them in recent years. Until the last two games of the season in H2H where Houston won (Griffin out one, Griffin's first game after 19 games out second one) the Clippers weren't just beating Houston. They were crushing them. 3-1 three years ago, sweep last year, then started this year with two easy blowouts. Pre Griffin injury Clippers were 11-1 vs Houston with an 11 or 12 point win margin I believe.

Houston struggles with the Clippers ball movement and athleticism on defense and on offense Paul/Griffin have been dominant. One thing casual fans may not know is Redick has really killed Harden on both ends the last two years. Locked him up and scored 20 points or more in most of the H2H. Rockets deserve way more props and respect and if they were playing anyone else besides maybe GS, I'd favor them.

Verbal Christ
05-04-2015, 01:52 PM
Matt Barnes goona do alot of this? I mean if you cant stop the guy you might as well. Seems thats a little more than breathing on him no?

https://youtu.be/-9QfFafgYKM

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 01:55 PM
LOL @ the horseshit being spewed by Clip fan already.

"doesnt worry me much" ... "Redick kills Harden" ... HILARIOUS!! Is this the Def Comedy Jam?

Rockets will be rested and the playoff roatation healthy. Bench is deeper.

Oh yeah, Dwight didnt play in one game against LAC this year. "Played hiim to a draw the last 3 years" Just Wow!

There's confidence and then there is crazy. All the CP3 is hurt crap is all mind games. Rockets will lose in 5? This should be fun.

Disprove one thing I said. Why has Harden shot 33 percent last year and 35 percent this year vs Redick who's mostly guarded him 1 on 1, besides some CP3/Barnes late in games? Go look up the stats, then tell me I'm full of ****. I even said Dwight didn't play this year. Last year though and Dwight's year with Lakers, DJ has outplayed him or at worst played him even.

Verbal Christ
05-04-2015, 01:58 PM
Disprove one thing I said. Why has Harden shot 33 percent last year and 35 percent this year vs Redick who's mostly guarded him 1 on 1, besides some CP3/Barnes late in games? Go look up the stats, then tell me I'm full of ****. I even said Dwight didn't play this year. Last year though and Dwight's year with Lakers, DJ has outplayed him or at worst played him even.

Okay so you're basing your prognistication on what happend 2 and 3 years ago right? Gotcha

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 01:59 PM
Bottom line is your best weapons get neutralized by the Clippers in recent years, while the Clippers exploit the Rockets weaknesses. Now could this change? Of course. Paul is hurt and in the playoffs it's not the same. Not to mention that late editions Brewer/Smith have been a big boost for you guys. But don't call BS on my recollection of past events which most Rockets fans would readily acknowledge.

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 02:01 PM
Okay so you're basing your prognistication on what happend 2 and 3 years ago right? Gotcha

THIS year Harden shot 35 percent. Some of the recent past is relevant if trends continue.

Verbal Christ
05-04-2015, 02:04 PM
I'm not calling BS on the truthful things you've stated about the past, only using that to somehow boost your argument on what will happen this year. You're all over the place dude, now you want to give a little credit to brewer/smith? LOL

Like I said this should be fun. I mean If I used the MOST RECENT game the two have played I'll just put ARiza on CP3 gimpy or not, and watch him lock him up. But I'm not that dumb to base what I think will happen on a game in March let alone last year or 3 years ago.

rockets-fan
05-04-2015, 02:09 PM
Reddick literally has owned Harden the past two years... But I just don't see him being stopped this time. With CP3, slips in 6, without, Rockets in 7.

Smith and Howard are going to continue to go off, their chemistry is amazing right now I love it.

rockets-fan
05-04-2015, 02:11 PM
I just wish Pat was healthy, even if we get past this disastrous PG matchup we then face Curry most likely...

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 02:14 PM
Rockets fans don't make the mistake of thinking I'm saying Houston has no shot. I think Clippers are their worst match up but obviously they CAN win. Not like I'm predicting a sweep. I'm thinking Clippers in 6 or 7 everything factored in ( I voted 6 because I believe CP3's hamstring will heal some).

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 02:18 PM
Should be a great series. My hope is refs will let them play and it won't be a 60 FT game every night.

H-town Mastodon
05-04-2015, 02:23 PM
It's a new day...old stats are thrown out the window, but the memories will remain. Somebody get me my chainsaw cause I got some Clippers to mow down....Let's go Red Nation [emoji1]

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 02:32 PM
Ps. I think Rockets win by double digits tonight. Rested, at home, CP3 injury, Rockets motivated by critics. I think game 2 will go down to the wire.

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 02:39 PM
https://m.numberfire.com/nba/news/5194/10-numbers-to-know-for-the-clippers-vs-rockets-series?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=dlvr.it_nF

Interesting statistics for both teams.

Chronz
05-04-2015, 02:53 PM
Yeah, if the Rockets dont win comfortably, they got problems.

Verbal Christ
05-04-2015, 03:13 PM
Interesting analysis for both teams

http://basketball.******.com/analysis/237665/Breaking-Down-Rockets-Clippers

Chronz
05-04-2015, 03:15 PM
haha, its finally happened. My 2 favorite teams growing up are now squaring off in the playoffs.

rockets-fan
05-04-2015, 03:26 PM
haha, its finally happened. My 2 favorite teams growing up are now squaring off in the playoffs.

Haha that is awesome! I hope this is a great series!

rockets-fan
05-04-2015, 03:27 PM
Yeah, if the Rockets dont win comfortably, they got problems.

"It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winnings winning."-Dominic Toretto

brandt
05-04-2015, 03:30 PM
For everyone saying that The Rockets will lose with a healthy Chris Paul, they beat the Clippers the last two times they played them. Both with a healthy Chris Paul and the last one with a healthy Chris Paul and Blake Griffin IN LA. I know, It's the playoffs so the regular season doesn't count. Well, that means the Rockets are just as capable of winning as much as any other team then. Also, the Rockets are way more rested and have home court advantage. Rockets will win 4 to 2 even with a healthy Chris Paul.

Chronz
05-04-2015, 03:33 PM
"It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winnings winning."-Dominic Toretto

"Its better to be a team that avoids close games, than be a team that barely wins " - Daryl Morey (Architect of the Houston Rockets)

still1ballin
05-04-2015, 03:44 PM
I do not like Dwight Howard nor I want to see him win a championship, therefore, GO CLIPPERS!!

goingfor28
05-04-2015, 03:49 PM
Took one page to turn into a pissing contest lol

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 03:50 PM
For everyone saying that The Rockets will lose with a healthy Chris Paul, they beat the Clippers the last two times they played them. Both with a healthy Chris Paul and the last one with a healthy Chris Paul and Blake Griffin IN LA. I know, It's the playoffs so the regular season doesn't count. Well, that means the Rockets are just as capable of winning as much as any other team then. Also, the Rockets are way more rested and have home court advantage. Rockets will win 4 to 2 even with a healthy Chris Paul.

Look at the details. Clippers won by 15, Clippers won by 10, Rockets won by 5, Rockets won by 3 (many questionable late calls). No Howard, fine but swept Houston last year WITH Howard playing 2 or 3 games. Not that Rockets winning the series would shock the world, but you need to dig deeper.

SF8
05-04-2015, 04:20 PM
Why was Kenny Smith acting so stupid on Inside the NBA after the Clippers game 7?

Nate Robinson told him that Houston won't have Terry or Harden guarding CP3 and Kenny's like, yes they will who else they have that's gonna guard cp3? Who else??

Like seriously, isn't the obvious answer the long and lengthy Trevor Ariza?

How is it fans often know more about basketball teams than these analysts who watch basketball games for a living and are paid to analyze?

I'm not even a Rockets fan and I knew that. Harden and Terry will then likely guard Redick and Barnes.

brandt
05-04-2015, 04:26 PM
Look at the details. Clippers won by 15, Clippers won by 10, Rockets won by 5, Rockets won by 3 (many questionable late calls). No Howard, fine but swept Houston last year WITH Howard playing 2 or 3 games. Not that Rockets winning the series would shock the world, but you need to dig deeper.

No I don't. I was simply arguing the fact that the Rockets can win against a healthy Chris Paul and I proved that.

Chronz
05-04-2015, 04:26 PM
Took one page to turn into a pissing contest lol
Not for me.
As Clippers fan, nothing could destroy these playoffs for me right now. From here on out, Im betting with house money and plan to just ride the rest of these games however the chips may fall. I honestly just want to see the best team advance to give us at least 1 more Finals caliber series these lame playoffs. If CP3 is healthy, I would rather see LAC-GSW but if hes just not there and Houston proves to be the better team as a result, then I would be all for that. I've seen inferior teams win playoff series because they willed themselves to victory, even as a fan of the Clips, I wouldn't want to see that happen vs the Rox if it meant the WCF would be an *** whooping.

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 04:37 PM
No I don't. I was simply arguing the fact that the Rockets can win against a healthy Chris Paul and I proved that.

And I proved that the Rockets have just 1 win vs healthy Paul and Griffin in the Harden era of Houston. What's your point again?

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 04:40 PM
Paul is the head of the snake but people are giving far too little credit to his teammates as usual. Griffin/DJ/Redick should have a field day vs Houston even without Paul. Terrance Jones isn't bad but if Diaw/Duncan/Kawhi/Splitter get destroyed by Griffin, what do you think will happen to Jones/Smith? If they switch Howard onto him, Howard will likely be fouling out early and DJ will demolish that team inside the paint.

brandt
05-04-2015, 04:44 PM
Are you really that dense? I just told you what my point was. Rockets will win with both of those guys healthy because that's all you got. The past is the past. You need to worry about now, starting with tonight!

kdspurman
05-04-2015, 04:44 PM
Paul is the head of the snake but people are giving far too little credit to his teammates as usual. Griffin/DJ/Redick should have a field day vs Houston even without Paul. Terrance Jones isn't bad but if Diaw/Duncan/Kawhi/Splitter get destroyed by Griffin, what do you think will happen to Jones/Smith? If they switch Howard onto him, Howard will likely be fouling out early and DJ will demolish that team inside the paint.

You throw the term destroyed out there a lot, but it seemed a lot of Griffin's points were wide open mid range shots off pick & pop cases. He had good numbers, but they were willing to live with him shooting that mid range/key shot. He was just knocking them down.

When I hear destroy, I think dominating in the post, drawing double teams, etc... Griffin had a really good series, but destroying might be the wrong word. He should be able to get similar looks against the rockets though

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 04:47 PM
You throw the term destroyed out there a lot, but it seemed a lot of Griffin's points were wide open mid range shots off pick & pop cases. He had good numbers, but they were willing to live with him shooting that mid range/key shot. He was just knocking them down.

When I hear destroy, I think dominating in the post, drawing double teams, etc... Griffin had a really good series, but destroying might be the wrong word. He should be able to get similar looks against the rockets though

I do love exciting words :p. Although Griffin DID dominate and DID get double teamed anytime he went inside. If anything I was trying to compliment the Spurs. They have elite interior D and yes I know Splitter was gimped. But if he can perform that consistently vs you guys, do you think Houston can contain him?

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 04:55 PM
Are you really that dense? I just told you what my point was. Rockets will win with both of those guys healthy because that's all you got. The past is the past. You need to worry about now, starting with tonight!

Only the sith deal in absolutes.

lol, please
05-04-2015, 05:01 PM
Clippers in 5.

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 05:10 PM
In 20 gms vs #Clippers, James Harden averages 14.8 PPG (3rd lowest vs any opp.) 35% FG & 26% 3P. Scored 34 vs em last time out on 17-18 FT.

Method28
05-04-2015, 05:17 PM
I feel the Clips are gonna go down in 6 this series. I just don't see how CP3s hammy will hold up in a playoff atmosphere. I hope I'm wrong. Really, REALLY wrong. Just don't see it.

With that being said....Let's go Clips!

lol, please
05-04-2015, 05:25 PM
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?890599-May-4-2015-NBA-Playoffs

vBookie event is up!!

:dance:

Chronz
05-04-2015, 05:33 PM
Clippers in 5.

Were u always trollin this hard and am I just noticing?

goingfor28
05-04-2015, 05:41 PM
Somehow you just noticed

lol, please
05-04-2015, 05:41 PM

lol. So i've been a little feisty recently, can you blame me? Life is peaches and cream on a personal level, and on top of that look at the season my warriors are having. :) let a guy have some fun now and then, eh?

Chronz
05-04-2015, 05:53 PM
lol. So i've been a little feisty recently, can you blame me? Life is peaches and cream on a personal level, and on top of that look at the season my warriors are having. :) let a guy have some fun now and then, eh?

Do what you gotta do, jokes are fun, just know you're making a mockery out of any future projections cuz I've seen ALOT of dumb **** from you lately where I just cant tell when your being serious or not. Like you Spurs in 5 projection. Or when you attempted to defend said idiotic projection, at what point do you stop laughing at the idiocy and start realizing your becoming a clown?

lol, please
05-04-2015, 05:55 PM
Do what you gotta do, jokes are fun, just know you're making a mockery out of any future projections cuz I've seen ALOT of dumb **** from you lately where I just cant tell when your being serious or not. Like you Spurs in 5 projection. Or when you attempted to defend said idiotic projection, at what point do you stop laughing at the idiocy and start realizing your becoming a clown?
Well, in my defense none of those were serious predictions just wishful thinking. Sorry lol. I rarely make honest predictions about teams other than my own. I said spurs in 5 just because I don't like griffin or paul, lol. The inner Laker fan in me has me hating the Clippers to the grave

Method28
05-04-2015, 05:58 PM
Well, in my defense none of those were serious predictions just wishful thinking. Sorry lol. I rarely make honest predictions about teams other than my own. I said spurs in 5 just because I don't like griffin or paul, lol. The inner Laker fan in me has me hating the Clippers to the grave
I always thought you were a Warriors fan lol

lol, please
05-04-2015, 05:59 PM
I always thought you were a Warriors fan lol
I am. Ugh, I don't feel like telling that story again but you can pm me about it if you really care to know more. I don't want to be trolled about it in the main.

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 06:13 PM
Another Lakers fan who jumped off the burning ship to a better team recently? Not much of a story to tell there.

Saddletramp
05-04-2015, 07:22 PM

He knows he's a clown.

You make predictions, they're usually wrong and now you hide behind "I rarely make honest predictions".

So awful.

Saddletramp
05-04-2015, 07:23 PM
Another Lakers fan who jumped off the burning ship to a better team recently? Not much of a story to tell there.

It's a shorter story then crying about giving up on your team because they went down in a series 3-2.

lol, please
05-04-2015, 07:25 PM
Hate to break it to you saddletramp but I have a pretty good record with the ones I make in earnest. Sadly sarcasm doesn't translate well online or it would be more obvious when I am being serious and when I am kidding. Unfortunately for you, this is all off topic, so let's get back to talking about the series shall we? Pardon me, I'll be right back, I have to do my due diligence and report you for baiting now. Hold my calls.

Saddletramp
05-04-2015, 07:37 PM
Hate to break it to you saddletramp but I have a pretty good record with the ones I make in earnest. Sadly sarcasm doesn't translate well online or it would be more obvious when I am being serious and when I am kidding. Unfortunately for you, this is all off topic, so let's get back to talking about the series shall we? Pardon me, I'll be right back, I have to do my due diligence and report you for baiting now. Hold my calls.

If we start reporting for baiting/trolling, you wouldn't last a week. And how do we know which predictions of yours are sarcasm and which are legit? The ones you get right are legit, right?

And I've seen you multiple times tell people (including Warriors' fans) that blow off the Rockets in the playoffs not to "sleep on the Rockets", "don't underestimate the Rockets", "careful what you wish for"........ Now, it's the Clippers in 5? Talk about baitng and trolling.

HoopsDrive
05-04-2015, 07:39 PM
I had Clippers beating the Rox before the playoffs began but somehow voted for the Rox in 7 in this thread... no idea why.

nastynice
05-04-2015, 07:43 PM
I had Clippers beating the Rox before the playoffs began but somehow voted for the Rox in 7 in this thread... no idea why.

Rox def looked better since playoffs started. Clippers came into the playoffs as one of the two hottest teams in the league, and just their luck they had to play the other one. No doubt they are stepping into this series more worn down than the Rox.

I still take clippers, but this matchup is a lot more close than it seemed 3 wks ago

HoopsDrive
05-04-2015, 08:04 PM
Rox def looked better since playoffs started. Clippers came into the playoffs as one of the two hottest teams in the league, and just their luck they had to play the other one. No doubt they are stepping into this series more worn down than the Rox.

I still take clippers, but this matchup is a lot more close than it seemed 3 wks ago

Yeah I think that's a pretty good explanation for this, I did like what I saw from Rox so far and the Clippers going into the series after a grind out can't help their chances. Hopefully CP3 plays close to 100%, wouldn't be the same without him.

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 08:07 PM
It's a shorter story then crying about giving up on your team because they went down in a series 3-2.

Wanna beat a dead horse some more? I threatened to do something in the heat of the moment that I didn't end up doing, yet you and a couple others throw it in my face like I DID do it. Gotta come up with something better than that bro.

Method28
05-04-2015, 08:19 PM
No CP3 tonight

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 08:22 PM
No Chris Paul. TBH I'm happy as Chronz said he'd be. For one I think even without Paul the team has a puncher's chance IF Griffin can keep dominating and Crawford steps up. So basically best case scenario is make Houston work and have a shot at the end to steal game 1. If not, go all out for game 2 with a more rested Paul. Given the fatigue only a fool would think Clippers were going to steal both games in Houston any way given the circumstances. Best hope is 1-1.

SF8
05-04-2015, 08:23 PM
The difference in this series will be the bench units imo.

Josh Smith, Corey Brewer and Pablo Pigriobi have been BALLIN for the Rockets lately. Can the Clippers counter that with chucker Crawford, injured big Baby Davis, and daddy's son Austin?

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 08:30 PM

Josh Smith, Corey Brewer and Pablo Pigriobi have been BALLIN for the Rockets lately. Can the Clippers counter that with chucker Crawford, injured big Baby Davis, and daddy's son Austin?

"Chucker Crawford" was vital to 2 of the 4 wins against the Spurs. I agree in the playoffs he's wildly inconsistent but he DOES have a knack for killing Houston. Big Baby pre and post injury has been AWESOME in these playoffs as an energy, defense, hustle type guy. A legit X-factor at times. Austin won us game 4 pretty much. Point is people laugh at the bench and yes it's inconsistent as hell.. but talent wise, there is enough. This issue is mental, fundamentals with this bench. Rivers/Crawford/Baby/Hawes is a nice bench on paper. I'm actually hoping Doc lets Hawes get some run this series. He's vital to draw Dwight out of the paint.

Method28
05-04-2015, 08:31 PM

Hahaha cmon man. You make that trio sound like they're going to run the Clips off the court. Those three Clips have a higher pedigree than friggin Pablo Pialgriboniahia (sp? Lol)

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 08:37 PM
Hahaha cmon man. You make that trio sound like they're going to run the Clips off the court. Those three Clips have a higher pedigree than friggin Pablo Pialgriboniahia (sp? Lol)

Pablo PriGODi is about to take over this series.

Method28
05-04-2015, 08:40 PM
LOL don't get me wrong. Rockets are a great team. Just to dog Craw and give Pablo Pigredsi credit is kinda rough.

Would be really nice to see Craw break through tonight and drop 25+ tonight. I'm assuming he'll be getting plenty of burn.

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 08:42 PM
LOL don't get me wrong. Rockets are a great team. Just to dog Craw and give Pablo Pigredsi credit is kinda rough.

Would be really nice to see Craw break through tonight and drop 25+ tonight. I'm assuming he'll be getting plenty of burn.

I'd actually run unknown Lester. He's a 6'4 PG who's a really solid defender and smart player. Houston has no PG's to worry about but at least he could be physical and wear them down a little bit. Crawford kills Houston usually though, so I don't see why he can't score 20+ with Paul out. I just hope Doc doesn't start him at PG. One thing Crawford gets little praise for is how good his defense was in the Spurs series and how much it's improved under Doc. He went from atrocious defender to a solid one these last two years. It's rare for 33 year old's to suddenly start playing defense.

Method28
05-04-2015, 08:50 PM
I'd actually run unknown Lester. He's a 6'4 PG who's a really solid defender and smart player. Houston has no PG's to worry about but at least he could be physical and wear them down a little bit. Crawford kills Houston usually though, so I don't see why he can't score 20+ with Paul out. I just hope Doc doesn't start him at PG. One thing Crawford gets little praise for is how good his defense was in the Spurs series and how much it's improved under Doc. He went from atrocious defender to a solid one these last two years. It's rare for 33 year old's to suddenly start playing defense.
Maybe they'll give Hawes some more time? Lol not holding my breath on that one.

SF8
05-04-2015, 08:55 PM
"Chucker Crawford" was vital to 2 of the 4 wins against the Spurs. I agree in the playoffs he's wildly inconsistent but he DOES have a knack for killing Houston. Big Baby pre and post injury has been AWESOME in these playoffs as an energy, defense, hustle type guy. A legit X-factor at times. Austin won us game 4 pretty much. Point is people laugh at the bench and yes it's inconsistent as hell.. but talent wise, there is enough. This issue is mental, fundamentals with this bench. Rivers/Crawford/Baby/Hawes is a nice bench on paper. I'm actually hoping Doc lets Hawes get some run this series. He's vital to draw Dwight out of the paint.
Rivers is garbage. He has one good game in him for like every 6 bad ones so maybe you'll get that from him while CP3 is out.

Crawford is day and night. There's not a shot he doesn't turn down whether it's contested or not. You better hope he's having more "on" days than "off" because he clearly can't tell the difference.

I didn't mean to say individuallly their better, as a unit though they have been playing really well.

Pigrioni is garbage by himself but he's fit into the Rockets bench unit perfectly.

Method28
05-04-2015, 09:08 PM
Rivers is garbage. He has one good game in him for like every 6 bad ones so maybe you'll get that from him while CP3 is out.

Crawford is day and night. There's not a shot he doesn't turn down whether it's contested or not. You better hope he's having more "on" days than "off" because he clearly can't tell the difference.

I didn't mean to say individuallly their better, as a unit though they have been playing really well.

Pigrioni is garbage by himself but he's fit into the Rockets bench unit perfectly.
Nah I get you man. Just giving you a hard time lol

Clips need 6th man of the year Craw tonight in order to pull it off.

tredigs
05-04-2015, 09:25 PM
No CP3 = Rox and the under.

Crazy how favored Houston is in LA, but it's correct.

Method28
05-04-2015, 09:25 PM
No CP3 = Rox and the under.

Crazy how favored Houston is in LA, but it's correct.
Its in Houston

tredigs
05-04-2015, 09:31 PM
Its in Houston

Thx yeah just realized that. Makes more sense. All this 2-6 seed madness to end the year had me backwards on that one.

H-town Mastodon
05-04-2015, 09:33 PM
We are still having the poop slinging in here? Come on guys it's only game one and we are already at cutthroat level. Haha again for me, whatever happened this season or previous season no longer matter, what matters now is how well everyone plays tonight. Just my two cents

Method28
05-04-2015, 09:36 PM
Thx yeah just realized that. Makes more sense. All this 2-6 seed madness to end the year had me backwards on that one.
Yeah. Idk if you caught Adam Silver on PTI today talking about seeding.

They asked him about the possibility of changing the seeding rules for division winners. He stated that he doesn't want to go to the extreme and boot conferences all together and have a 1-16, but that people don't really understand the way divisions are set up and he wouldn't be against discussing scraping divisions.

H-town Mastodon
05-04-2015, 09:41 PM
Wait a sec...Barkley is saying the Clips have no chance without Paul? I don't know how to comprehend that statement. The fact he thinks this will be a breeze or the fact he picked Houston when all I hear from him is Rockets hate speech...Now I got a ugly feeling in my gut

LAKERS4LIFE!!
05-04-2015, 09:43 PM
WIthout CP3, Rockets for sure win.

H-town Mastodon
05-04-2015, 09:45 PM
Sweet Jesus that block

Greg.
05-04-2015, 09:46 PM
Was it just me or did I hear Reggie say that CP3 being out isn't an issue and it's only a minor adjustment to go from him to Austin Rivers?

Clippersfan86
Was that a goal tend by Dwight? Holy **** Griffin is crushing their bigs on the glass.

Clippersfan86
Clippers outside of Griffin not boxing out for ****.

northsider
05-04-2015, 09:47 PM
God damn man it sucks no CP3.

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 09:51 PM
Griffin needs to continue posting Ariza him up and racking up their fouls.

Htownballa1622
05-04-2015, 09:51 PM
If we stop turning it over we'd blow this open. smh

H-town Mastodon
05-04-2015, 09:52 PM
Sloppy sloppy sloppy

zn23
05-04-2015, 09:52 PM
Without CP3 this is going to be a very sloppy game.

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 09:55 PM
Lol Rockets guarding Griffin with Ariza. If Griffin doesn't get 35+ he failed.

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 09:56 PM
THAT is exactly what kills the Clippers. Lazy job preventing offensive boards that lead to 3's.

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 09:58 PM
Of course fu**ing Ariza. Guy always kills us.

Htownballa1622
05-04-2015, 09:59 PM
Lester Hudson is getting nba mins in the playoffs.

nastynice
What a idiotic looking flop by harden, haha!!

Clippersfan86
Um WTF are the Clippers doing? On defense they literally are standing still half the time.

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 10:00 PM
Crawford! Wow. Love that offensive board+hook shot.

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 10:01 PM
Harden turning in his usual no show vs the Clippers. Hope it continues the rest of the game. Gotta stop standing around on defense.

SF8
05-04-2015, 10:01 PM
Austin Rivers is so bad. Like honestly, I feel like if I played in the NBA, I could play as well as Austin Rivers. He's inch taller than me, that's it.

Does that mean I'm an NBA caliber player?

Htownballa1622
05-04-2015, 10:02 PM
Rox are on pace for 43turnovers.

lmao..

8 in the first 9 mins.

SMH.

take care of the ball and we win going away.

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 10:03 PM
Rox are on pace for 43turnovers.

lmao..

8 in the first 9 mins.

SMH.

take care of the ball and we win going away.

Not surprised. You guys rank what 28th in turnover percentage at like 16 percent? This is one main reason Clips have given Rockets problems every time. Problem is CP3 isn't out here controlling the CLIPPERS turnovers. Instead it's sloppy on both ends.

alexander_37
05-04-2015, 10:03 PM
Um WTF are the Clippers doing? On defense they literally are standing still half the time.

This dudes way too hyped.

Htownballa1622
05-04-2015, 10:04 PM
Harden turning in his usual no show vs the Clippers. Hope it continues the rest of the game. Gotta stop standing around on defense.

2 points 5 assists. Hardly no show.

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 10:04 PM
‏@ArashMarkazi
"Clippers screaming for Big Baby, who was not on the bench but in the back. I'll let you guys guess what he was doing back there."

HAHAHA. Apparently the dude was in the back getting a snack.

Htownballa1622
05-04-2015, 10:05 PM
Not surprised. You guys rank what 28th in turnover percentage at like 16 percent? This is one main reason Clips have given Rockets problems every time. Problem is CP3 isn't out here controlling the CLIPPERS turnovers. Instead it's sloppy on both ends.
This is true ma friend.

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 10:05 PM
2 points 5 assists. Hardly no show.

Don't forget the 4 turnovers and bricks. Or crappy D.

Htownballa1622
05-04-2015, 10:06 PM
Don't forget the 4 turnovers and bricks. Or crappy D.

Haven't seen any crappy D just yet but yeah, like i said. Rox are turning it over too much.

alexander_37

You were saying lmaoo 3 point play.

Clippersfan86
Harden getting his usual calls. Jumps into Griffin who's literally running away and gets foul.

ThuglifeJ
Damn that was a hard hard foul on Harden there for the and 1.......

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 10:07 PM
Rockets will win by double digits as I said probably. I'm just HOPING for a close game.

alexander_37
Loooooool blake that was sad.

Clippersfan86
WOW! Blake Griffin you fu**ing idiot! Wide open 15 footer without CP3 and you fu**ing hold it like a confused dumbass!?

Htownballa1622
05-04-2015, 10:08 PM
Damn that was a hard hard foul on Harden there for the and 1.......

But But But…

we weren't supposed to make it past round 1:smoking:

alexander_37
05-04-2015, 10:08 PM
Blake is turtling.

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 10:09 PM
Still shaking my head at Blake Griffin. Why is he deferring so much? Without CP3 you should be attacking MORE, not less. We don't need you to be a fu**ing PG dude. Man up and attack.

alexander_37
05-04-2015, 10:09 PM
Harden is just terrible.

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 10:10 PM
Looks like literally everybody besides Crawford is terrified to shoot.

alexander_37
Harden whipped out his dick and just said try and stop me.

xnick5757
harden's too good

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 10:11 PM

6 point game with no CP3. I predict it will get worse, but that's actually not that impressive considering nobody on our team wants to shoot.

Htownballa1622
05-04-2015, 10:12 PM
"Rockets hold Clips to 32% shooting, outrebound em 16-10, are 3-5 on 3's to Clips 1-10. Yet lead just 25-19. Oh, also HOU has 9 turnovers."

This team minus cp3 is WAY diff without him. Need to get this and not let them hang around. cp3 won't be out forever.

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 10:13 PM
As Chronz said.. if the Rockets don't win handily tonight, that's disappointing. IMO if the game isn't single digits, I'd rest the Clippers starters the entire 4th quarter and just let them heal and prepare for round 2.

Clippersfan86
"Rockets hold Clips to 32% shooting, outrebound em 16-10, are 3-5 on 3's to Clips 1-10. Yet lead just 25-19. Oh, also HOU has 9 turnovers."

This team minus cp3 is WAY diff without him. Need to get this and not let them hang around. cp3 won't be out forever.

Yea, you guys should be up 15. As you said, it's the turnovers.

H-town Mastodon

And just after you said he was terrible lmao...Harden hears you

ThuglifeJ
Harden getting his usual calls. Jumps into Griffin who's literally running away and gets foul.

Strange I thought they were gonna crack down on those calls by playoffs like last year.

Maybe they realized it's bad publicity for Harden to look extra vulnerable as he did last playoffs.

Manufactured is manufactured..

SF8
05-04-2015, 10:14 PM
Who the heck is Lester Hudson? Never heard of him ever before.

Clippersfan86

Harden hears you while you're sleeping and knows when you're awake.

alexander_37

I was being sarcastic I'm a rockets fan.

H-town Mastodon
Turkglou in a shirt...how far he has fallen

Clippersfan86
Who the heck is Lester Hudson? Never heard of him ever before.

LMAO. Chinese MVP son. Like 30 ppg.

H-town Mastodon
05-04-2015, 10:15 PM
I was being sarcastic I'm a rockets fan.

Your old Chuck Hayes sig told me that...ah the memories

alexander_37
Your old Chuck Hayes sig told me that...ah the memories

I still miss him.

Clippersfan86
Strange I thought they were gonna crack down on those calls by playoffs like last year.

Maybe they realized it's bad publicity for Harden to look extra vulnerable as he did last playoffs.

Manufactured is manufactured..

I mean half of his points this year vs us came at the FT stripe.

H-town Mastodon
And Dwight hits it home and the Clips gotta call time...my chainsaw is revving up

alexander_37
05-04-2015, 10:16 PM
This is just beautiful. Bring on the Wubs

Clippersfan86
Holy **** the sloppiest game ever. I don't care WHO is playing but there is no reason ever that there should be so many UNFORCED turnovers. Both teams literally throwing the ball right into opponents hands.

Clippersfan86
This is just beautiful. Bring on the Wubs

You're eager for more 30 point blowouts?

H-town Mastodon
05-04-2015, 10:17 PM
I still miss him.

I do oddly miss those days of very likable guys in him, Scola, Battier, Landry.....they were just so fun

alexander_37
05-04-2015, 10:17 PM
You're eager for more 30 point blowouts?

To paraphrase Vin Deisel.

A wins a win.

ThuglifeJ
05-04-2015, 10:18 PM
null

Congrats on beating the biggest mess of the playoffs in the mavericks with Rondo drama and no Parsons

Very proud of you guys :)

alexander_37
I do oddly miss those days of very likable guys in him, Scola, Battier, Landry.....they were just so fun

A backup duo of Hayes Scola off the bench would be amazing.

Htownballa1622
I still miss him.

I remember the good ole days. Chuckwagon used to lock up blake lol.

(not really lock up but he played him well)

Blake was just a baby ginger back then though. No curly flat fro yet.

Clippersfan86
To paraphrase Vin Deisel.

A wins a win.

If I'm Doc.. if say we get down by 20 early, I bench starters early. You knew IN HOUSTON with only a day off and no CP3 this team wasn't going to win most likely. I wouldn't burn up our starters in game 1 of a series.

alexander_37
05-04-2015, 10:19 PM
Congrats on beating the biggest mess of the playoffs in the mavericks with Rondo drama and no Parsons

Very proud of you guys :)

Yeah the Rockets just showed up the Mavs scored baskets on themselves.

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 10:19 PM
I remember the good ole days. Chuckwagon used to lock up blake lol.

(not really lock up but he played him well)

Blake was just a baby ginger back then though. No curly flat fro yet.

LOL he was the first Blake stopper. I remember Blake couldn't get over the hump with Chuckwagon until his 3rd year when Chuck was in Sacramento. I loved Chuck and wanted the Clippers to snag him. He was a consummate professional, awesome locker room guy and GREAT positional defender.

H-town Mastodon
05-04-2015, 10:20 PM
Prigs for 3....excellent

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 10:21 PM
God Clippers just please lose by less than 10, I'll be happy. It would be sad and painful if we lose by like 30. Holy fu** the Rockets are impressing me now this quarter. Didn't forsee this Spurs like ball movement.

flea
Clips offense without CP3 looks about as bad as a Lebron offense without him to run it. Love them both as players, but centering your entire half-court attack on his unique ability in the P&R and midrange makes your team awfully reliant on you (just like stacking a bunch of undersized and defensively challenged shooters around makes your offense stagnate when you don't have the slasher that can get into the paint when he wants).

What do Clippers think about Blake in the halfcourt? I was impressed with his transition ability this year, and that's where he gets a lot of his assists. But in the halfcourt, unless it's a defensive breakdown leading to a rim run I don't see him doing very many good things. 4/5 pick and roll used is a deadly play if you can run it right, I just don't see Blake with the touch on his entry passes.

Clippersfan86
Prigs for 3....excellent

Of all guys if Prigs kills us :(

H-town Mastodon
Even though we were a meddling team in those days, those post-Yao, pre-Harden days were some fun ones

Htownballa1622
05-04-2015, 10:22 PM
LOL he was the first Blake stopper. I remember Blake couldn't get over the hump with Chuckwagon until his 3rd year when Chuck was in Sacramento. I loved Chuck and wanted the Clippers to snag him. He was a consummate professional, awesome locker room guy and GREAT positional defender.

most def.

Blake got past that hurdle real quick though.

He needs to be more aggressive with Cp3 out. I'm not mad though. lol

Clippersfan86
Clips offense without CP3 looks about as bad as a Lebron offense without him to run it. Love them both as players, but centering your entire half-court attack on his unique ability in the P&R and midrange makes your team awfully reliant on you (just like stacking a bunch of undersized and defensively challenged shooters around makes your offense stagnate when you don't have the slasher that can get into the paint when he wants).

What do Clippers think about Blake in the halfcourt? I was impressed with his transition ability this year, and that's where he gets a lot of his assists. But in the halfcourt, unless it's a defensive breakdown leading to a rim run I don't see him doing very many good things. 4/5 pick and roll used is a deadly play if you can run it right, I just don't see Blake with the touch on his entry passes.

Blake was the 5th most efficient post scorer in the NBA. The problem is he regularly gets passive... and decides he wants to play PG which backfires most times. Last year he PROVED you can run the offense through him in the halfcourt when he averaged 28 ppg without CP3 for like 20 games and made the MVP push. He was the primary playmaker AND scorer.

H-town Mastodon
Oh dear god Prigs did it again [emoji33][emoji33]

SF8
05-04-2015, 10:23 PM
I feel bad for the Clippers. They look like a special olympics team out there with Rivers, Crawford and Hudson running point.

Clippersfan86
Gotta give props to Rockets though. They are moving the ball really unselfishly. How can you hate that? And holy fu** Prig stop :(. It burns!

Clippersfan86
PriGODI is obliterating.

Htownballa1622
05-04-2015, 10:24 PM
I love Austin Rivers. :love:

Nice block DJ. Come HOME!!!!

H TWN babay.

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 10:25 PM
Oh God. Worst game ever LMAO. It literally looks like a random YMCA squad just stepped onto an NBA court. Hailmary airball shots, throwing ball to other team, dribbling into shot clock violations. Joker of a game.

SF8
And holy fu** Prig stop :(. It burns!

Of all guys if Prigs kills us :(

PriGODI is obliterating.

Why are you acting surprised, you yourself called it before the game even started remember?

Htownballa1622
PriGODI is obliterating.

lmao.

Stahp. haha :laugh:

H-town Mastodon
Gotta give props to Rockets though. They are moving the ball really unselfishly. How can you hate that? And holy fu** Prig stop :(. It burns!

That's a phrase I never thought I'd hear before and now I need to wash my ears out now

Clippersfan86
Why are you acting surprised, you yourself called it before the game even started remember?

Hah. Can I reverse this curse the other way now?

alexander_37
Harden has been off the court for like 5 minutes

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 10:26 PM
PriGODi decided the Clippers were unworthy and that none would be spared. Sodom and Gammorah 2.0 happening tonight. Please have mercy on the fans though PriGODi.

H-town Mastodon
05-04-2015, 10:26 PM
Oh lord now they are getting ansy with 3's

alexander_37
05-04-2015, 10:27 PM
Dwight gets DJ back

H-town Mastodon
05-04-2015, 10:27 PM
Dwight just straight rejected that

alexander_37
05-04-2015, 10:28 PM
Blakes so damn athletic he looks like a bigger stronger less athletic Kemp.

Clippersfan86
Dwight looks fantastic. Sh** man.

Htownballa1622
OOHhh. Dwight. don't do it to 'em.

H-town Mastodon
Dwight just answers the Clippers right back...I approve

Clippersfan86
If Blake doesn't take 25+ shots tonight, he failed.

H-town Mastodon
05-04-2015, 10:30 PM
Dwight looks fantastic. Sh** man.

Just saying if this is 09 Orlando Dwight coming back...lord help everyone because it going to get nasty

alexander_37
Just saying if this is 09 Orlando Dwight coming back...lord help everyone because it going to get nasty

:pray:

H-town Mastodon
If Blake doesn't take 25+ shots tonight, he failed.

So if he chucks them all from mid-court, it counts as a pass right?

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 10:31 PM

The bigger issue than talent alone is how perfect of a duo he is with offensive minded Harden who keeps defense honest and can playmake at an elite level. With Harden's court vision... you can't afford to double Dwight really. Ariza/Brewer were HUGE gets for you guys. Definitely better fit than Parsons IMO.

ThuglifeJ
05-04-2015, 10:31 PM
This is boring without cp3. Austin rivers and Lester Hudson and Turk getting burn is disturbing

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 10:32 PM
So if he chucks them all from mid-court, it counts as a pass right?

He's shooting 40+ percent on them, so he'd probably make plenty. First he needs to find his sack.

H-town Mastodon
05-04-2015, 10:33 PM
The bigger issue than talent alone is how perfect of a duo he is with offensive minded Harden who keeps defense honest and can playmake at an elite level. With Harden's court vision... you can't afford to double Dwight really. Ariza/Brewer were HUGE gets for you guys. Definitely better fit than Parsons IMO.

Finally someone says that. Hell all we kept hearing is how much he were gonna miss Parsons...clearly that was what happened

Clippersfan86
Okay Rockets fans admit that was a flop plz for my sanity? Harden flew 12 feet like Griffin punched him.

H-town Mastodon
Why is Griffin afraid of that shot?

H-town Mastodon
05-04-2015, 10:34 PM
Okay Rockets fans admit that was a flop plz for my sanity? Harden flew 12 feet like Griffin punched him.

I saw nothing I was talking to you lmao

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 10:34 PM
Finally someone says that. Hell all we kept hearing is how much he were gonna miss Parsons...clearly that was what happened

Not gonna lie, I admit I thought you guys would suffer for it early on, but it became clear early on that it's not the case, especially with how inconsistent Parson's was this year.

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 10:36 PM
Why is Griffin afraid of that shot?

Lol his psyche is so damn weird and unpredictable. Vs the kings of mental toughness in the Spurs.. I expected passive and he was HYPER aggressive all series. Then vs the Rockets I expected MORE aggressive due to CP3 issue and Rockets guarding him with smaller guys and what does he do? He gets PASSIVE. It's mind boggling to me.

flea
05-04-2015, 10:36 PM
Blake was the 5th most efficient post scorer in the NBA. The problem is he regularly gets passive... and decides he wants to play PG which backfires most times. Last year he PROVED you can run the offense through him in the halfcourt when he averaged 28 ppg without CP3 for like 20 games and made the MVP push. He was the primary playmaker AND scorer.

There is no chance this is true, unless by "post scorer" you mean within 5 feet or something. I am talking about him creating his offense, not being a finisher as Paul's roll man. I've seen a few hook shots when he's right under the rim, but everything he does is as a finisher in the paint.

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 10:37 PM
PS Doc Rivers the GM NEEDS to step down after this year.

H-town Mastodon
05-04-2015, 10:38 PM
Sigh damn fancy passing screws us again

Clippersfan86
There is no chance this is true, unless by "post scorer" you mean within 5 feet or something. I am talking about him creating his offense, not being a finisher as Paul's roll man. I've seen a few hook shots when he's right under the rim, but everything he does is as a finisher in the paint.

PPP in the block bro. Post efficiency, not sure how you define it but it's true. He's VERY efficient in the post, despite how ugly it may look at times. BTW much of it is actually unassisted. He doesn't have a pretty post game, but it's efficient when he goes to it.

Clippersfan86
Sigh damn fancy passing screws us again

LMAO but that came right after we did the same thing. LMAO this game has like fu**ing 30 turnovers!!!

lol, please
05-04-2015, 10:39 PM
If we start reporting for baiting/trolling, you wouldn't last a week. And how do we know which predictions of yours are sarcasm and which are legit? The ones you get right are legit, right?

And I've seen you multiple times tell people (including Warriors' fans) that blow off the Rockets in the playoffs not to "sleep on the Rockets", "don't underestimate the Rockets", "careful what you wish for"........ Now, it's the Clippers in 5? Talk about baitng and trolling.
Feel free to try, it will get you as far as it's gotten anyone else in the past. 0 bans and counting. Results speak for themselves, I don't actually troll like you think I do, but keep painting me as something I'm not. Ad hominem attacks work well on psd.

When I make a serious prediction and get it wrong I admit it and eat my crow, which is all you can ask, right? If I drop a one liner like "Bulls in 4" then it's just me joking around 9/10. I can always back up my stance when it's in earnest. The last time I made a prediction that could be considered far fetched thst was on the money was when I called 11+ wins and a playoff berth for the 9ers before the 2011 season and trust me, I remind my fellow fans in the 9ers forum frequently about it. I've got a few other notable ones out there, predicting a reg season win against the heat 2 seasons ago, and some related to the giants playoff run in 2012, and boxing predictions I don't get wrong often truthfully but I know the sport better than any other. I throw my stones and am an optimist when it comes to my teams but I always admit defeat and eat crow when I am wrong, and that's worthy of respect considering people who do are in the minority.

Clippersfan86
Wow. So many turnovers on both ends. This is the most hideous game ever.

tredigs
Both of these teams look so bad. My goodness.

ThuglifeJ
Both these teams are so careless with the ball it's pretty bad

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 10:40 PM
14 turnovers for Rockets, 12 for Clippers. Both are past their season averages and it's not even halftime!

ThuglifeJ
05-04-2015, 10:41 PM
Flop harden again Lol play ball noob

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 10:42 PM
Both of these teams look so bad. My goodness.

I guess now I'm getting to see what a team without Paul looks like on offense in a big game. This is brutal. With Paul you know there are going to be pretty much no turnovers.

tredigs
If you haven't made your 2015 Warriors NBA champion future bet yet, now's your last chance.

Clippersfan86
Griffin completely manhandled Josh Smith that play. He needs to keep going inside.

lol, please
Wanna beat a dead horse some more? I threatened to do something in the heat of the moment that I didn't end up doing, yet you and a couple others throw it in my face like I DID do it. Gotta come up with something better than that bro.
No reason to let it slide, honestly. The only thing worse than a mentally weak fan who gives up on their team before it's over is a true bandwagon fan, like a Co worker of mine who was proud to admit that he cheers for whatever team lebron plays for and declared himself a cavs fan since the move. It gets no lower. You remind me of the Giants fan who declared on psd he was giving up on them during their last super bowl run in week 8. There's not a whole lot we can hold a fan accountable for, loyalty is one of the few things, if you bail on your team like that and they turn around and win, you really expect to hear the end of it? Seriously.

H-town Mastodon
So it begins

tredigs
05-04-2015, 10:43 PM
I guess now I'm getting to see what a team without Paul looks like on offense in a big game. This is brutal. With Paul you know there are going to be pretty much no turnovers.

Yeah, he's everything for you guys. I don't know if LAC can come back from 0-2 though, and even if he's good for game 3 I think that will be the case.

bucketss
I love Austin Rivers. :love:

Nice block DJ. Come HOME!!!!

H TWN babay.

Lol did you guys give up dwight or something?

Clippersfan86
If you haven't made your 2015 Warriors NBA champion future bet yet, now's your last chance.

Warriors are already heavy favorites.. but a lot can happen between now and then. I'd love the Clippers to have a crack at the Warriors though, I'll tell you that. As long as Paul can get healthy. Mainly because I love the bad blood and tense games lol.

SF8
05-04-2015, 10:44 PM
Sums up the Clippers

https://twitter.com/netw3rk/status/595406830630805504

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 10:44 PM
Yeah, he's everything for you guys. I don't know if LAC cane come back from 0-2 though, and even if he's good for game 3 I think that will be the case.

Naw, can't afford down 2-0 probably. Since they are gonna hack us, do same to them.

tredigs
05-04-2015, 10:45 PM
Clips just got punked on the hack-a. That was pretty funny.

H-town Mastodon
Naw, can't afford down 2-0 probably. Since they are gonna hack us, do same to them.

Technically the Clips started it

Clippersfan86
If they start that hack a shaq ****, hit them back.

tredigs
05-04-2015, 10:46 PM
Warriors are already heavy favorites.. but a lot can happen between now and then. I'd love the Clippers to have a crack at the Warriors though, I'll tell you that. As long as Paul can get healthy. Mainly because I love the bad blood and tense games lol.

They're still underdogs to actually win. Clips prob can't beat us without HCA, but they're the best bet for sure.

effen5
how can 2 PRO NBA Players be this terrible at shooting free throws....I swear this era of basketball fundamentals are out the window.

Clippersfan86
Hard fouls only PLZ. I HATE soft *** fouls that lead to And 1's. If you're going to commit a stupid foul, at least prevent the shot too.

H-town Mastodon
Howard yessss

H-town Mastodon
05-04-2015, 10:47 PM
Howard is just awesome lmao

tredigs
05-04-2015, 10:47 PM
My God that was a great block.

nastynice
05-04-2015, 10:48 PM
2nd goal tend they gave Howard

Htownballa1622
05-04-2015, 10:48 PM
Lol did you guys give up dwight or something?
He can back him up ;)

ThuglifeJ
05-04-2015, 10:49 PM

About middle of G1 vs Memphis I put down a solid amount for GS getting to finals and another sum on them winning.

They won't lose to Memphis without Conley and they sure as hell won't lose to either of these scrubby teams. I was worried about SA for that bet buy they are out.

tredigs
2nd goal tend they gave Howard

I don't think so. And I'd definitely err on the side of NOT calling a 50/50 on a play that spectacular.

Clippersfan86
They're still underdogs to actually win. Clips prob can't beat us without HCA, but they're the best bet for sure.

Yea... I think Warriors win in 6. They are going to be getting rest between each series most likely and Paul's hamstring may not be 100 percent which is a death wish against Thompson and Curry. Curry as it is kills Paul H2H and with the hammy, it's lights out. I think Clippers and Spurs were only chance to at least test Warriors a bit. If Rockets beat Clippers.. I got Warriors in 5, just a terrible matchup for Rockets. Then only the Bulls can slow you guys probably.

In other words... The Warriors should win the title. Only remaining teams that can make it even somewhat interesting is Clippers/Bulls. I think you guys crush Houston/Cavs/Hawks.

nastynice
05-04-2015, 10:50 PM
Technically the Clips started it
Lol, true

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 10:51 PM
As Miller said.. this isn't even that bad. Down 4 at half. I'd expect 15+. All you can hope for with how dominant Howard has been defensively and Clippers shooters not hitting sh**.

2shady4u
im not a houston fan and am rooting for the clippers, but without paul it's not happening. they could get themselves in a hole early with him being out 2-3 games. they're just not the same team.

houston though imo has no shot at a title. they're not getting past golden state and neither would the clippers.

Clippersfan86
I must of missed it. Did Clippers really start the Hack a Shaq? If so.. Doc can suck it.

H-town Mastodon
05-04-2015, 10:52 PM
I must of missed it. Did Clippers really start the Hack a Shaq? If so.. Doc can suck it.

He did, they hacked Josh first then we fouled Jordan

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 10:53 PM
He did, they hacked Josh first then we fouled Jordan

I hate how fake Doc is. He will bash Hack A Shaq when it's vs his players... but when it's reversed, won't hesitate to do it. In general he just comes across as phony to me.

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 10:54 PM
This feels like a Pacers/Bulls type game or something. Very sloppy, defensive oriented, grindy. I don't like it.

H-town Mastodon
05-04-2015, 10:55 PM
Well even though it's just a four point lead...I'm used to this so much that I'm not too bothered yet. The turnovers do bug me to hell more than anything. But if the coaches can rile our guys up, then I'm feeling for a big 3rd Quarter

tredigs
05-04-2015, 10:56 PM
I don't understand how a team that played Austin Rivers 12 minutes with the starting unit isn't down 47 points at half.

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 10:57 PM
I don't understand how a team that played Austin Rivers 12 minutes with the starting unit isn't down 47 points at half.

LMAO. It wasn't good. At one point down 17 so can't be mad at down 4. Don't forget Lester Hudson BTW. China league MVP and only college player ever to get a quadruple double!

nastynice
05-04-2015, 10:59 PM
I don't think so. And I'd definitely err on the side of NOT calling a 50/50 on a play that spectacular.

Both looked pretty conclusive to me, especially 2nd one wasn't even close

Clippersfan86
I figured Griffin/Crawford would score at will but 1-15 from deep, rest of role players vanished. 2nd half will probably get ugly unless guys like Redick+Barnes knock down like 12 threes.

2shady4u
I hate how fake Doc is. He will bash Hack A Shaq when it's vs his players... but when it's reversed, won't hesitate to do it. In general he just comes across as phony to me.

i don't know why you're hating it. we as fans don't like to see it, but even pop utilizes it. it's a strategy of the game.

flea
Another thing I've been wondering about the Clips. The announcers make a point to note that they don't call any plays for Reddick. Why the hell not? If I were a Clips fan that would piss me off about Rivers's game plan. I understand that when Paul is healthy they don't really have problems on offense. But Reddick is one of the best shooters in the game from everywhere on the court. Run him through a series of screens a few times a quarter and see if he gets hot, I say. Why wouldn't you?

Clippersfan86
i don't know why you're hating it. we as fans don't like to see it, but even pop utilizes it. it's a strategy of the game.

Then don't say the league should remove it and turn around and do it the next series. It's a ***** move.

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 11:01 PM
Another thing I've been wondering about the Clips. The announcers make a point to note that they don't call any plays for Reddick. Why the hell not? If I were a Clips fan that would piss me off about Rivers's game plan. I understand that when Paul is healthy they don't really have problems on offense. But Reddick is one of the best shooters in the game from everywhere on the court. Run him through a series of screens a few times a quarter and see if he gets hot, I say. Why wouldn't you?

Huh? Redick is the NBA's top 1st quarter scorer. He averaged 20 ppg in 2nd half of season. Don't be fooled by playoff Redick who's getting locked up. Teams have put their best defenders on him even before CP3. Clippers don't call iso's or anything but they involve him more than anyone besides Blake.

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 11:02 PM
http://zippy.gfycat.com/MagnificentSeveralLcont.webm

Doc trolling the sh** out of Harden.

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 11:03 PM
Rockets offensive rating 91. Clippers 85. Good God, this is totally an east coast style game.

flea
05-04-2015, 11:04 PM
Huh? Redick is the NBA's top 1st quarter scorer. He averaged 20 ppg in 2nd half of season. Don't be fooled by playoff Redick who's getting locked up. Teams have put their best defenders on him even before CP3. Clippers don't call iso's or anything but they involve him more than anyone besides Blake.

They keep saying Reddick only gets looks "in the flow of the offense" and that the Clippers don't call plays for him to get open. I don't know if that's true, I don't watch enough Clippers games. But in the ones I've seen it looks to be mostly true. I just don't see the point in relying on his movement to get open exclusively, especially when the Clips don't run a motion offense.

SF8
05-04-2015, 11:04 PM

Pop utilizes it because none of his rotation players suck at FTs. Jordan is garbage at FTs, the Rockets will just retaliate and foul him instead.

tredigs
05-04-2015, 11:05 PM

He's specifically talking about how they don't actually draw plays for him though, which from my experience is true. He's the ultimate mover and a master of finding space is why, but it's WAY less effective without their maestro to notice when he's going to free up.

My guess Flea is that it's too late to switch up their gameplan with him at this point. That's sort of who he is in the offense with/without CP3. And honestly other than elevator screens it's really hard to draw up plays for a spot shooter other than what he's already doing (constant backdoor cuts/movement waiting for a slip).

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 11:05 PM
They keep saying Reddick only gets looks "in the flow of the offense" and that the Clippers don't call plays for him to get open. I don't know if that's true, I don't watch enough Clippers games. But in the ones I've seen it looks to be mostly true. I just don't see the point in relying on his movement to get open exclusively, especially when the Clips don't run a motion offense.

Actually the Clippers offense IS a motion offense. At least the foundation of it and the theory of it. I'm not a coach, so I don't personally know all the sets well like Horns etc.. or know all the ways to identify, but I do know Gentry instilled a motion offense and the Clippers have kept it.

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 11:07 PM
He's specifically talking about how they don't actually draw plays for him though, which from my experience is true. He's the ultimate mover and a master of finding space is why, but it's WAY less effective without their maestro to notice when he's going to free up.

My guess Flea is that it's too late to switch up their gameplan with him at this point.

Ah okay. Doc claims "He's an offense within himself, no need to call plays with him" as you said.

SF8
05-04-2015, 11:07 PM
Can someone explain to me why the hell the Clippers are doing the hack-a-Dwight and hack-a-Smith?

Even Harden went up to Doc and CP3 and said "Yall are stupid, you realize we're gonna foul Jordan now right?"

What's funny is that both times they intentionally fouled, Smith and Dwight knocked down at least 1 FT. Meanwhile Jordan bricked both when the Rockets relatiated.

The Clippers are actually playing good defense and forcing ton of turnovers from the Rockets. 50 pts in a half is the lowest Houston has has scored all playoffs. Why go to the hack when your defense is actually good?

So stupid.

tredigs
05-04-2015, 11:09 PM
Ah okay. Doc claims "He's an offense within himself, no need to call plays with him" as you said.

Yeah exactly. Just really hard to initiate that style of offense without a true point. They should try running the offense through Blake more in the 2nd H. Best playmaker on the floor for them for sure. Not going to him quite enough.

Cracka2HI!
05-04-2015, 11:10 PM
Houston will probably play much better than that. Clippers look terrible without CP3.

tredigs
05-04-2015, 11:10 PM
Can someone explain to me why the hell the Clippers are doing the hack-a-Dwight and hack-a-Smith?

Even Harden went up to Doc and CP3 and said "Yall are stupid, you realize we're gonna foul Jordan now right?"

What's funny is that both times they intentionally fouled, Smith and Dwight knocked down at least 1 FT. Meanwhile Jordan bricked both when the Rockets relatiated.

The Clippers are actually playing good defense and forcing ton of turnovers from the Rockets. 50 pts in a half is the lowest Houston has has scored all playoffs. Why go to the hack when your defense is actually good?

So stupid.

That being said, I had Rox -4.5 first half, and had they not fouled I was guaranteed a win. But the Hack-A-Dwight netted them a point and lost me some money haha.

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 11:12 PM
Yeah exactly. Just really hard to initiate that style of offense without a true point. They should try running the offense through Blake more in the 2nd H. Best playmaker on the floor for them for sure. Not going to him quite enough.

Yup. Problem is Blake gets the ball whenever he asks for it.. then he just stands around looking confuse and passing half the time.

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 11:12 PM
Harden with the crab hop.

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 11:13 PM
Finally an open shooter hits a Blake assist.

2shady4u
05-04-2015, 11:13 PM
Then don't say the league should remove it and turn around and do it the next series. It's a ***** move.

i agree with you...im just saying it's an effective stratgey. howard isn't a really talented player. he's a terrible FT shooter. a terrible shooter in general. cousins is much more skilled as a big man than he is.

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 11:14 PM
Harden doing the D Wade again... makes contact with a defender not in his way. Thank God refs didn't call a foul though and Redick kept his arms down. You know you can't win that call. BTW DJ playing like a ***** today. Fumbling so many Blake Griffin feeds into turnovers.

Pakman
05-04-2015, 11:15 PM
Idk who to root for. I dislike both teams very much. Not to mention the fans. I think Houston fans are the biggest homers in the league though so that may sway it for me.