PDA

View Full Version : EC Semifinals Series Thread: Bulls (3) vs Cavs (2) Cavs win series 4-2

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

kdspurman
05-04-2015, 10:45 AM
http://cdn.blogosfere.it/sportusa/assets_c/2011/04/NBA%20Eastern%20Conference%20Logo-anteprima-112x112-297649.gif

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/221/thumbs/hj3gmh82w9hffmeh3fjm5h874.gif VS. http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/222/thumbs/e4701g88mmn7ehz2baynbs6e0.gif

All games in EST

Game 1: Bulls at Cavaliers, Monday (7 p.m., TNT)

Game 2: Bulls at Cavaliers, Wednesday (7 p.m., TNT)

Game 3: Cavaliers at Bulls, Friday (TBD, ESPN)

Game 4: Cavaliers at Bulls; Sunday, May 10 (3:30 p.m., ABC)

*-Game 5: Bulls at Cavaliers; Tuesday, May 12 (TBD, TNT)

*-Game 6: Cavaliers at Bulls; Thursday, May 14 (TBD, ESPN)

*-Game 7: Bulls at Cavaliers; Sunday, May 17 (TBD,

* If Necessary

Projected Starting Lineups:

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/221/thumbs/427.gif

C: Joakim Noah
PF: Pau Gasol
SF: Mike Dunleavy
SG: Jimmy Butler
PG: Derrick Rose

Projected Starting Lineups:

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/222/thumbs/428.gif

C: Timofy Mozgov
PF: Tristan Thompson
SF: Lebron James
SG: J.R. Smith (Suspended Games 1 & 2)
PG: Kyrie Irving

United Center, Chicago

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/47/United_Center_060716.jpg

Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland

http://www.clevelandgatewaydistrict.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/The-Q-Exterior-Low-Angle-New-Logo-USE.jpg

Vee-Rex
05-04-2015, 12:37 PM
LETS GO CAVS

LBJ has to show everyone why he's still the best in the world. It's very, very, very difficult to beat a LeBron-led team in the playoffs in a 7-game series. 2014 Spurs really were unnatural.

This can likely be the best conference semi-finals matchup. If the Bulls can be a consistent force then it'll be hard to see how they won't win the series. I believe/hope Cavs will do it in 6, but there's way too many variables and inconsistencies to declare it as a certainty one way or another. Anyone saying, "Cavs will wrap them up in 5 or Bulls definitely got this in 5" is spewing, there's no way anyone has a good grasp on how these teams will fare against each other.

I'm confident enough that I think I can say this... if Rose has a terrific series, Bulls likely win. If Rose has an inconsistent series, Cavs likely win.

KG2TB
05-04-2015, 12:59 PM
I agree with your last statement. Rose has to be consistent. That means if he's taking 3s, he better ****ing make them. I'd prefer he doesn't take many though. He also needs to protect the rock. He's had way too many careless turnovers as have the Bulls as a whole.

I think Bulls need to win it in 6 or less. If it goes 7 games, the Bulls are toast.

lakerfan85
05-04-2015, 02:26 PM
LETS GO CAVS

LBJ has to show everyone why he's still the best in the world. It's very, very, very difficult to beat a LeBron-led team in the playoffs in a 7-game series. 2014 Spurs really were unnatural.

This can likely be the best conference semi-finals matchup. If the Bulls can be a consistent force then it'll be hard to see how they won't win the series. I believe/hope Cavs will do it in 6, but there's way too many variables and inconsistencies to declare it as a certainty one way or another. Anyone saying, "Cavs will wrap them up in 5 or Bulls definitely got this in 5" is spewing, there's no way anyone has a good grasp on how these teams will fare against each other.

I'm confident enough that I think I can say this... if Rose has a terrific series, Bulls likely win. If Rose has an inconsistent series, Cavs likely win.

The Spurs were unnatural? It's very hard to beat a Lebron James led team in the playoffs? I'm confused here.. You say this as if Lebron has only lost to the Spurs in the playoffs..

Vee-Rex
05-04-2015, 03:07 PM
The Spurs were unnatural? It's very hard to beat a Lebron James led team in the playoffs? I'm confused here.. You say this as if Lebron has only lost to the Spurs in the playoffs..

Are you suggesting it would be easy to beat LeBron? I'm confused here... you say this as if LeBron isn't a tough person to gameplan for and it's easy to eliminate his teams in the playoffs.

Seewhatididthere??? :rolleyes:

NYKnickFanatic
05-04-2015, 03:26 PM
Bulls can't be sloppy playing against the best player in the world.

Animosity
05-04-2015, 03:58 PM
Bulls can't be sloppy playing against the best player in the world.

The Bucks were a much better defensive team than the Cavs this season. While Cavs have some great individual defenders (Bron and Shump) and a good rim protector in Moz they won't be as problematic. they are also short handed. LeBron can't win by himself he has proved that. Is Kyrie enough? I expect a much better Bulls team this round with more defensive intensity and better ball movement. This will be a close series it is hard to count out a LeBron led team.

SF8
05-04-2015, 04:03 PM
Has LeBron ever lost a playoff series to Chicago before?

Damn why does he hate the Bulls much?

James has been especially strong against the Bulls in the playoffs, averaging 27.1 points, 8 rebounds and 7.5 assists while knocking down 48.7 percent from the field -- and 44.1 percent from downtown.

KG2TB
05-04-2015, 04:18 PM

Noah :laugh2:

Vee-Rex
05-04-2015, 04:26 PM
Noah :laugh2:

I dislike Noah soooo much. Mostly because of his comments about Cleveland lol.

KG2TB
05-04-2015, 04:29 PM
I dislike Noah soooo much. Mostly because of his comments about Cleveland lol.

I've never been to Cleveland but I agree with Noah's comments :P

He's the type of player you love when he's on your team and hate him when he's not. I used to HATE Rodman back in the day but now he might be my all time favorite Bull. Although Butler is working his way into the conversation already.

Pierzynski4Prez
05-04-2015, 04:36 PM

Aren't those basically his career averages except a poorer FG%? Except he averages 42mpg in the playoffs as opposed to 39 in the regular season. So essentially one could argue he's no better in the playoffs against the Bulls than he is in the regular season.

Vee-Rex
05-04-2015, 04:41 PM
I've never been to Cleveland but I agree with Noah's comments :P

He's the type of player you love when he's on your team and hate him when he's not. I used to HATE Rodman back in the day but now he might be my all time favorite Bull. Although Butler is working his way into the conversation already.

Agreed. I like the rest of the Bulls players though, especially Pau and Jimmy Buckets.

140 minutes away. Can't wait, hope the fans are loud tonight.

KG2TB
05-04-2015, 04:45 PM
Agreed. I like the rest of the Bulls players though, especially Pau and Jimmy Buckets.

140 minutes away. Can't wait, hope the fans are loud tonight.

You're lucky that you actually have a real home court advantage. There's a great atmosphere there and fans go nuts. The UC is lame. Mostly a bunch of suits and not your everyday real fans.

lakerfan85
05-04-2015, 04:54 PM
Are you suggesting it would be easy to beat LeBron? I'm confused here... you say this as if LeBron isn't a tough person to gameplan for and it's easy to eliminate his teams in the playoffs.

Seewhatididthere??? :rolleyes:

You can act like a little girl and roll your eyes all you want but the fact is Lebron has lost in the playoffs before and to say the Spurs win was unnatural is just plain stupid. At no point did I suggest this series would be easy to win for the Bulls but for you to say it's really really really hard to beat a Lebron led team makes no sense when it's happened before..

Vee-Rex
05-04-2015, 05:06 PM
I guess supernatural would be the better word.

And I meant that as no insult to the Spurs. It's not like they were lucky. Hell, they could've won a ring this year if Tony Parker played anything like he did last year. I'm just saying that I don't really view LBJ's loss last year in the finals as a knock on him because the Spurs were pretty damn incredible.

But yeah, I still stand by my statement that it's really hard to beat a LeBron-led team (obviously in/near his prime) in the playoffs. It's easy to point out Bulls > Cavs in terms of bench play, coaching, defense, and overall depth. What evens it out is that the Cavs do have... you know, LeBron. He's a pretty huge factor.

That's all, didn't mean to ruffle your feathers dude.

lol, please
05-04-2015, 05:06 PM
Bulls in 4.

lol, please
05-04-2015, 05:10 PM
Oh look, vee-rex acting like Lebron is more than one person again, no surprise here. For a remotely complete team, absolutely it should be easy to beat just one man, get over your love affair for what is still just one human of 5 on the court. He is impactful, but don't overdo it. The Heat were a very beatable team when he was there, despite being one of the better teams of the league, don't pretend like the cavs are some unstoppable force that other teams fans should fear, because they shouldn't. "But since the AS break...", yea dude, we know.

lakerfan85
05-04-2015, 05:24 PM
Oh look, vee-rex acting like Lebron is more than one person again, no surprise here. For a remotely complete team, absolutely it should be easy to beat just one man, get over your love affair for what is still just one human of 5 on the court. He is impactful, but don't overdo it. The Heat were a very beatable team when he was there, despite being one of the better teams of the league, don't pretend like the cavs are some unstoppable force that other teams fans should fear, because they shouldn't. "But since the AS break...", yea dude, we know.

Exactly..

lol, please
05-04-2015, 05:25 PM
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?890599-May-4-2015-NBA-Playoffs

vBookie event is up!!

:dance:

goingfor28
05-04-2015, 05:42 PM
Let's gooooooo Bulls!

lol, please
05-04-2015, 05:45 PM
Let's gooooooo Bulls!
:clap:

Vee-Rex
05-04-2015, 05:51 PM

Bulls won't win in 4. :)

lol, please
05-04-2015, 05:53 PM
Bulls won't win in 4. :)
Because lebron right?

;)

One can hope though. We will see. Hopefully Rose channels his inner Jordan.

Tony_Starks
05-04-2015, 05:56 PM
I had the Bulls winning in 7 but the more and more I think about it I'm starting to like Cavs for this series. Thompson on the floor is going to crucial to contend with the Bulls Bigs and I have a funny feeling Miller/ Marion are going to remind everyone that there's a reason Lebron recruited them.

Smith being out is going to be quite a blow but Shump is qualified to step up. If we had the good ol Rose this wouldnt even be a conversation but this 7 for 22ish type Rose is not going to cut it IMO....

Vee-Rex
05-04-2015, 06:00 PM
If Rose channel his inner Jordan then the Cavs are in some trouble. It's gonna be fun.

ChI_ShIzzLe
05-04-2015, 06:08 PM
Go Hard or Go Home

-Wiz Khalifa

ackar
05-04-2015, 06:17 PM
Da Bulls...all i have to say.

lol, please
05-04-2015, 06:22 PM
Da Bulls...all i have to say.
The Bulls :worthy: Jordan is one of the reasons I started watching basketball. One of the most storied franchises ever.

Minimal
05-04-2015, 06:31 PM
Bulls are 3-12 or something along those lines in the playoffs against Bron. Gonna be great series, still have Cavs in 6 though.

KG2TB
05-04-2015, 06:37 PM
I had the Bulls winning in 7 but the more and more I think about it I'm starting to like Cavs for this series. Thompson on the floor is going to crucial to contend with the Bulls Bigs and I have a funny feeling Miller/ Marion are going to remind everyone that there's a reason Lebron recruited them.

Smith being out is going to be quite a blow but Shump is qualified to step up. If we had the good ol Rose this wouldnt even be a conversation but this 7 for 22ish type Rose is not going to cut it IMO....

Yeah this is pretty fair. I agree with this post but I don't think Rose needs to be 2010 Rose. He needs to get other guys involved and not turn the ball over. We don't need 25 PPG from him though.

I had a funny feeling about Miller and Marion too but I'm hoping that's just paranoia. If they give the Cavs a boost then the Bulls are in trouble. I'm just curious to see how the Bulls come out and if they can keep a consistent level of intensity and concentration throughout the series. They've wanted the Cavs, they've been jawing about it, they're pumped up, now they just need to back it up. It'll be fun.

lakerfan85
05-04-2015, 07:09 PM
Why is Mike Miller starting?

ChI_ShIzzLe
05-04-2015, 07:17 PM
I can't believe I'm still at work missing this *** whupping! ****kk

lol, please
05-04-2015, 07:27 PM
I can't believe I'm still at work missing this *** whupping! ****kk
Wait, it already started? Leaving work now, no better excuse to wrap it up (Chappelle's voice) than for nba finals when the Bulls are playing.

Vee-Rex
05-04-2015, 07:32 PM
Why is Mike Miller starting?

Bad move by Blatt.

Down 12 in the first shooting 25%. Bulls shooting 52%.

We gotta convert or this can get ugly really soon.

flea
05-04-2015, 07:36 PM
Lebron has been burned by Hinrich and Noah (his checks) so far already. He doesn't look like he has any intention of playing defense, at least for the first half. This is why I can't take seriously the notion that he is one of the greatest defenders of his generation. He's more Magic than he is MJ as a defender.

FlashBolt
05-04-2015, 07:37 PM
Cleveland lost. Irving is gonna get owned it seems.

Vee-Rex
05-04-2015, 07:40 PM
Irving seems hesitant on pulling the three. I like when him and LeBron are pulling them with confidence.

IKnowHoops
05-04-2015, 07:40 PM
Every time Lebron has this long of a layoff, his teams come out flat. Not really worried about anything at this point. Bulls are pretty hot. Cavs will come back and it will be a close game.

IKnowHoops
05-04-2015, 07:41 PM
Lebron needs to be more aggressive. He and Shump need to start going to the hole and start trying to punch on the Bulls players.

Vee-Rex
05-04-2015, 07:43 PM
I like seeing Noah trying to score on Jones. We need more points in transition.

IKnowHoops
05-04-2015, 07:43 PM
Noah is the Rhondo of big man. His offensive game is so so so so so so bad. He may be the worst starting offensive player in the NBA

IKnowHoops
05-04-2015, 07:44 PM
Kyrie is wet!

Tony_Starks

Irving what?

Vee-Rex
Lol @ Irving getting owned. :-D

IKnowHoops
05-04-2015, 07:45 PM
Maybe not next year, but the year after I expect Kyrie to be the #1 pg in the league

Vee-Rex
05-04-2015, 07:48 PM
Bulls still playing well despite a few turnovers. If they stop shooting so damn well maybe we can go into the half tied up our with a small lead.

Tony_Starks
05-04-2015, 07:48 PM
Lol @ Irving getting owned. :-D

Don't mind him, he's had his mind made up he was going to blame Kyrie for whatever happens this series before it even started....

IKnowHoops
05-04-2015, 07:54 PM
Don't let Mike Miller wake up

Vee-Rex
05-04-2015, 07:54 PM
Omg Uncle Drew!

Vee-Rex
05-04-2015, 07:57 PM
Maybe not next year, but the year after I expect Kyrie to be the #1 pg in the league

Don't agree with this.

Nice backdoor by Rose. Bulls are converting and Rose is playing extremely well.

Bulls are playing super well.

Hawkize31
05-04-2015, 08:00 PM
Uncle Drew showing the Greg Oden of point guards who the best PG in the East is.

numba1CHANGsta
05-04-2015, 08:00 PM
There needs to be video replay in the last 2 minutes of each half, no excuses

lakerfan85
05-04-2015, 08:01 PM
That was a goaltend..

Sofnr
05-04-2015, 08:01 PM
lol. What was all that? The whistle blew for a goaltend. It was clearly a goaltend. It was not reviewable. But they talked about it for 5 minutes and decided the whistle was an accident? :) OK.

Vee-Rex
05-04-2015, 08:02 PM
Yeah it was goaltending. Bad refs!

Tony_Starks
There needs to be video replay in the last 2 minutes of each half, no excuses

I say last 2 minutes of every quarter.

lol, please
Only in my wildest dreams. I would take watching the Rockets beat the warriors by 30 point margins for the rest of eternity if it meant the Bulls sweep the cavs this series and lebron never wins a 'ship in Cleveland.

DaBear
05-04-2015, 08:07 PM
lol. What was all that? The whistle blew for a goaltend. It was clearly a goaltend. It was not reviewable. But they talked about it for 5 minutes and decided the whistle was an accident? :) OK.

Fishy things happen when you play against the NBA's poster child.

ChitownSports16
05-04-2015, 08:08 PM
This will be the time where the refs gonna help poor bron bron.. Oh wait they started with that no call on goaltending even afterrrrr the whistle blew wtf was that??

SupremeNY.
05-04-2015, 08:09 PM
Bulls have to make a statement with Love being out and JR suspended.

ChI_ShIzzLe
05-04-2015, 08:17 PM
The officiating is straight blasphemous

Vee-Rex
05-04-2015, 08:20 PM
One bad call. Otherwise the refs have been fine.

Bulls getting away with holding Tristan bit it's cool.

Vee-Rex
05-04-2015, 08:30 PM
Rose is lights out. We need them to miss shots lol

ChI_ShIzzLe
05-04-2015, 08:30 PM
Right in Bron Bron's grill

zn23
05-04-2015, 08:31 PM
Joakim Noah is such a bum!

Totally useless on the court offensively. His defense isn't that great either.

Sofnr
05-04-2015, 08:31 PM
Yah, i don't really have much of a problem with the officiating so far. I just dislike stuff like that goaltend. I think they meant to call it, couldn't review it, and then reacted to the whining from Lebron and the crowd reaction and decided to get rid of it. They should just let them review. But it's hardly a big call and the officiating has been fine otherwise. Lebron, Irving, and Rose are always going to get some questionable calls because they are stars. Anytime Lebron wants to get to the basket he really just has to go flying down the lane and he'll get the blocking call. But that's nothing new. And it hasn't been a problem tonight.

bucketss
05-04-2015, 08:32 PM
I say last 2 minutes of every quarter.

nah it will just slow down the game. imagine how much all those pauses for replays as players argue calls.

Jarvo
05-04-2015, 08:37 PM
Thibs better let the starters get some rest though foreal.

zn23
05-04-2015, 08:38 PM
If there is a reason the Bulls lose this game it's because of Joakim Noah. My goodness I have never seen such a bum since Kendrick Perkins. He can't score under the basket and he can't defend.

zn23
05-04-2015, 08:39 PM
Pau Gasol has been the best pick up of the year, after Lebron of course. He makes the Bulls a legit contender.

FlashBolt
LeBron showing why he's finished. Irving is going to have to go for 50 points cause clearly LeBron is a fcking moron. Missing everything and sleeping on defense. Bulls in 5.

Clippersfan86
I have defended Pau Gasol many times and this is why. People refer to him as a "scrub" and act like the dude is done but didn't he put up like 20/8/4 this year or something? Lakers fans have said he's been done for 4 years. Dude has a beautiful skillset, doesn't matter how "soft" he is.

LAKERS4LIFE!!
05-04-2015, 08:40 PM
Noah is garbage aha but man its great seeing Gasol playing for a contender again, I love that guy.

Rose and Gasol are ballin.

Vee-Rex
They're shooting us out the building.

bucketss
If there is a reason the Bulls lose this game it's because of Joakim Noah. My goodness I have never seen such a bum since Kendrick Perkins. He can't score under the basket and he can't defend.

just wondering what happened to this dude? is he injured? if bulls fans can answer it would be appreciated.

Stunner

His knee not right , been like that all year

LakerShow
05-04-2015, 08:41 PM

He's been sucking ***. He is on the decline

flea
The Pau pick and pop is causing severe problems for Cavs defense. They like to keep Mozgov on him, but Mozgov is really their only plus defender on the interior and he has to help down low because of how bad the perimeter defense is. Then when they put Thompson on Pau (as they did the last couple possessions) he will start going down low in a bad mismatch.

If the perimeter guys had better awareness around screens they might could clean this up. But expecting a bottom 10 defense to turn into the 2012 Heat smothering the p&r is probably not realistic.

Stunner
Can thibs sit Rose .....

jerellh528
05-04-2015, 08:48 PM
Atta boy gasol, Im rootin for ya!

zn23
05-04-2015, 08:50 PM
Gasol destroyed the Cavs that quarter.

northsider
05-04-2015, 08:52 PM
Need every bit of magic out of gasol we can get to win this one.

Without help teams can just zero in on Rose trying to do too much which leads to bad shots and allot of TO's.

Really a shame Cavs are without Love for this series. Just doesn't feel as good beating a short team and especially a guy of his caliber.

ChI_ShIzzLe
Please no 4th quarter collapse. Seen that too many times this year.

northsider
Damn that would've been a huge bucket by MDJ.

northsider
05-04-2015, 08:53 PM
Meh best defense on Kyrie in a while even though he forced foul.

zn23
05-04-2015, 08:57 PM
omg... Can Noah play any worse than this?

Put Gasol in right now!

LAKERS4LIFE!!
05-04-2015, 08:58 PM
Kyrie is so skilled.

ChI_ShIzzLe
Noah has been beyond atrocious

zn23
Noah with the turn over off the rebound, then he can't even stop Kyrie Irving from driving in and fouls him for an and1... They can not play this guy down the stretch he's a liability on both ends.

Vee-Rex
05-04-2015, 08:59 PM
I'm confident we'll win. We've been attacking the paint hard all game while the Bulls have been blazing jump shots.

Tony_Starks
05-04-2015, 08:59 PM
I have defended Pau Gasol many times and this is why. People refer to him as a "scrub" and act like the dude is done but didn't he put up like 20/8/4 this year or something? Lakers fans have said he's been done for 4 years. Dude has a beautiful skillset, doesn't matter how "soft" he is.

Bandwagon Laker fans said that. Us hardcore fans knew Gasol did his thing and was a victim of Jim Buss coaching misfires. He was the scapegoat.

But oh well, happy to see him getting some well deserved shine on a contender!

Clippersfan86
05-04-2015, 09:09 PM
Bandwagon Laker fans said that. Us hardcore fans knew Gasol did his thing and was a victim of Jim Buss coaching misfires. He was the scapegoat.

D'Antoni trying to use him like Channing Frye, camped out at 3 point line SMH.

jerellh528
05-04-2015, 09:15 PM
Is James still coasting? How come he's not attacking? Is he injured?

ChI_ShIzzLe
05-04-2015, 09:16 PM
Is James still coasting? How come he's not attacking?

He waits until after game 1 to go off against us. Hopefully we won't let him this time around.

bucketss
05-04-2015, 09:16 PM

i think it was only the kobe laker fans, i guess they try to make kobe look better by putting pau down.

Tony_Starks
05-04-2015, 09:17 PM
Is James still coasting? How come he's not attacking? Is he injured?

He looks completely disengaged. Like the Lebron that used to b!+ch up against Boston...

LakerShow
That's my boi gasol. Smh, he just needs to be utilized correctly. Looking at you Jimmy boy.

jerellh528
He waits until after game 1 to go off against us. Hopefully we won't let him this time around.

Ah, okay cool. That's what I figured. So he is coasting until game 2.

ChI_ShIzzLe
05-04-2015, 09:20 PM
Oh STOP IT JB!

xnick5757
05-04-2015, 09:20 PM
dagger

Vee-Rex
05-04-2015, 09:21 PM
Bron stunk. Bulls hit soooo many jump shots. Idk why we didn't stick with Irving.

Down 0-1. Congrats to Bulls fans on the win.

jerellh528
05-04-2015, 09:21 PM
Clippers rockets is going to be fun

xnick5757
05-04-2015, 09:22 PM
oh no

xnick5757
05-04-2015, 09:22 PM
why :(

LA_Raiders
05-04-2015, 09:24 PM
Good win by Chicago.

ChI_ShIzzLe
05-04-2015, 09:24 PM
oh no

why :(

He's fine. Looked like just a stinger.

5ass
05-04-2015, 09:25 PM
This loss is on Lebron.

stambrose84
05-04-2015, 09:25 PM
Yeah WHINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNY Lebron go away

Tony_Starks
05-04-2015, 09:26 PM
Good game. Kyrie did his thing, too bad Lebron didn't show up....

LAKERS4LIFE!!
05-04-2015, 09:26 PM
Lebron needs to play way better. Cavs should've kept going to Irving.

Lakers + Giants
05-04-2015, 09:30 PM
Gasol. ... :worthy:

ChI_ShIzzLe
05-04-2015, 09:30 PM
Good win. Now please let's keep that throttle down and not have those 2 games like we did against the Bucks.

zn23
05-04-2015, 09:31 PM
Really impressive performance from the Bulls in game 1.

FlashBolt
05-04-2015, 09:32 PM
LeBron lost the game. Costly turnovers, not aggressive enough, settling for jumpshots when he's way off. Shumpert played great, Kyrie did great. Can't win with Love out and James playing bad. Bulls in six. Maybe 5 if Rose plays lights out again.

northsider
05-04-2015, 09:33 PM
As much as it pains me to say this I do think this game goes 7.

I mean there were things both teams could've done better tonight. Gasol playing like this can really tilt my predicition but, just seems like such a crap shoot.

I will say though intensity wise, it didn't feel like a typical Lebron vs. Chicago type game. I don't mind it's not chippy but, for the most part I thought this game could really get some tempers going. Still a looonnnggg way to go.

bucketss
05-04-2015, 09:33 PM
good win. i still think cavs win the series, but at this point theres no way cavs win the championship. this team is too short handed for lebron to be struggling(atleast for his standard, although he had near triple double)

Teeboy1487
05-04-2015, 09:34 PM
Was a very winnable game for the Cavs. Bad move going away from the hot hand in Kyrie.

ChitownSports16
05-04-2015, 09:34 PM
Since when did Shump become J.R.?

ChI_ShIzzLe
05-04-2015, 09:37 PM
http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz189/G-Ryda25/0FAF6497-B20A-44CD-8161-2384F59596BC.jpg

Jayb587
05-04-2015, 09:37 PM
All u laker haters need to chill. Pau fits in nicely on the team which doesn't ask him to hold down the paint like the Lakers did. Lakers fans grew tired of watching him get dunked on and layed up on. He still sucks on def but chitown has other bigs for that.asking pau to be the 2nd best player on a team, that time is over. In chitown he's 3rd or 4th. But good luck pau and thanks for the 2 chips.

LakerShow
05-04-2015, 09:39 PM
Lmao. Kenny said Perkins is a good player. :laugh:

LakerShow
05-04-2015, 09:41 PM
http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz189/G-Ryda25/0FAF6497-B20A-44CD-8161-2384F59596BC.jpg

:laugh2:

I want the Lakers to get him. :)

jmartin80
05-04-2015, 09:43 PM
I am going to keep realistic expectations. I have seen Lebron lose game 1 and win the next 4 in a row too many times. Good win though.

Tony_Starks
05-04-2015, 09:45 PM
Coach Blatt takes a lot of blame too. Its obvious Kyrie should already be their closer but especially with Lebron throwing the ball away the ball should've completely been in Kyrie's hands.

Also had no idea why that Deladova dude got so much burn, let Miller get some shots up until he gets hot....

northsider
05-04-2015, 09:46 PM
I am going to keep realistic expectations. I have seen Lebron lose game 1 and win the next 4 in a row too many times. Good win though.

Seriously.

Also felt like he never kicked on that extra gear at any time tonight although it was for sure the Kyrie show. Lebron has paint moves like Rose but, his size make's it 10 times harder to stop. Felt like a low intensity game considering matchup.

I expect next game to be allot different.

ChI_ShIzzLe
05-04-2015, 10:16 PM

Those teams he was on were better than the Bulls at that time. This Bulls team is too good to lose 4 in a row to a short-handed Cavs team. If they do, it'll be because of themselves more so than Lebron.

ChI_ShIzzLe
05-04-2015, 10:17 PM
:laugh2:

I want the Lakers to get him. :)

Bulls aren't letting him go anywhere [emoji4]

bucketss
05-04-2015, 10:20 PM
Coach Blatt takes a lot of blame too. Its obvious Kyrie should already be their closer but especially with Lebron throwing the ball away the ball should've completely been in Kyrie's hands.

Also had no idea why that Deladova dude got so much burn, let Miller get some shots up until he gets hot....

cause he plays defense.

lol, please
05-04-2015, 10:25 PM
Gasol. ... :worthy:

:drool:

ewing
05-04-2015, 10:25 PM
All u laker haters need to chill. Pau fits in nicely on the team which doesn't ask him to hold down the paint like the Lakers did. Lakers fans grew tired of watching him get dunked on and layed up on. He still sucks on def but chitown has other bigs for that.asking pau to be the 2nd best player on a team, that time is over. In chitown he's 3rd or 4th. But good luck pau and thanks for the 2 chips.

i thought he did a great job contesting drivers. Pau is a fantastic player. If anything they should play through him more.

ewing
05-04-2015, 10:26 PM
cause he plays defense.

he can play O too.

ewing
05-04-2015, 10:27 PM
As much as it pains me to say this I do think this game goes 7.

I mean there were things both teams could've done better tonight. Gasol playing like this can really tilt my predicition but, just seems like such a crap shoot.

I will say though intensity wise, it didn't feel like a typical Lebron vs. Chicago type game. I don't mind it's not chippy but, for the most part I thought this game could really get some tempers going. Still a looonnnggg way to go.

Rose is the crap shoot. Dude when dude hits bad shots like he did tonight they damn hard to beat. Gasol is money most nights

ewing
05-04-2015, 10:31 PM
The Pau pick and pop is causing severe problems for Cavs defense. They like to keep Mozgov on him, but Mozgov is really their only plus defender on the interior and he has to help down low because of how bad the perimeter defense is. Then when they put Thompson on Pau (as they did the last couple possessions) he will start going down low in a bad mismatch.

If the perimeter guys had better awareness around screens they might could clean this up. But expecting a bottom 10 defense to turn into the 2012 Heat smothering the p&r is probably not realistic.

As good as Rose was he passed up pau with a big on small mistmatch on a bunch of screen rolls to go one on one. Gasol is a problem for Clev

ewing
05-04-2015, 10:33 PM
great game by Jimmy Bulter too. He is a good guy to match on Bron. We will see if he can rise above and put up some huge offesnive games against Butler with help

Sofnr
05-04-2015, 10:33 PM
Good game 1 from the Bulls. I was still worried Cleveland was going to come storming back till the end. It's going to be a tough battle. I really think the Bulls need to take advantage of Smiths absence and take game 2 as well. That will put them in a great position. Lebron wasn't at his best tonight. I expect atleast a couple dominating performances out of him. If the Bulls can weather those storms they might have too many weapons for the Cavs. I'm cautiously optimistic.

ewing
05-04-2015, 10:37 PM
Rose is lights out. We need them to miss shots lol

he hit a lot of off balance Js tonight and he over dribbled down the stretch. His unpredictableness and ball dominance is what keeps me from being 100% on board with the Bulls

ewing
05-04-2015, 10:38 PM
Pau Gasol has been the best pick up of the year, after Lebron of course. He makes the Bulls a legit contender.

i agree 100%

DillyDill
05-04-2015, 10:49 PM
I gotta eat crow I thought Pau was done but being in Chi really revitalized him. Congrats to him and Chi-town fans u deserve it!!

Ezio
05-04-2015, 11:05 PM
I gotta eat crow I thought Pau was done but being in Chi really revitalized him. Congrats to him and Chi-town fans u deserve it!!

#HolDat

Dade County
05-04-2015, 11:39 PM
LeBron lost the game. Costly turnovers, not aggressive enough, settling for jumpshots when he's way off. Shumpert played great, Kyrie did great. Can't win with Love out and James playing bad. Bulls in six. Maybe 5 if Rose plays lights out again.

Did Le- Con strike again? I didn't watch the game.

bucketss
05-05-2015, 12:02 AM

a year ago you were probably calling him g.o.a.t. but to answer your question he had some late turnovers and missed shots.

ChI_ShIzzLe
05-05-2015, 12:13 AM

Oh the bitterness [emoji23]

zn23
05-05-2015, 12:30 AM

What help is he exactly getting now? It sure isn't from Joakim Noah.

The Bulls as a team overall play solid defense, but Gasol has held his own defensively and he's far from a liability.

Pau led the team in Blocks with 1.9, he also lead the team in rebounding.

Tony_Starks
05-05-2015, 01:03 AM

If Lebron is going to miss shots, slack on D, and throw the ball away in the clutch they're going to lose regardless of who's on the floor. There's no excuses, he just played horrible.

LakersIn5
05-05-2015, 01:21 AM
Im happy that pau is winning but sad that the bulls arr

SF8
05-05-2015, 02:18 AM

The irony in your sig which shows the 2 titles that he brought to Miami while reading your bitter post is just too much for me.

lol, please
05-05-2015, 02:28 AM
So I ultimately missed this game, but is Noah regressing? I was never a fan of his but respected his game.

ThaDubs
05-05-2015, 02:31 AM
Bulls in 6. Without Love the defense can pack the paint

effen5
05-05-2015, 02:45 AM
So I ultimately missed this game, but is Noah regressing? I was never a fan of his but respected his game.

He's been playing hurt all season.

Lo Porto
05-05-2015, 08:19 AM
If Lebron is going to miss shots, slack on D, and throw the ball away in the clutch they're going to lose regardless of who's on the floor. There's no excuses, he just played horrible.

Whatever. LeBron didn't play at his best but he wasn't horrible. He had some great passes and key rebounds. If the guy could get a damn foul call, it might be 1-0 Cleveland. It's bs he didnt get that call when he drove down by 4 with just under a minute left.

All you mj jockeys know mj gets that call every single time....

Stunner
05-05-2015, 08:42 AM
RT @WindhorstESPN: Jimmy Butler defended LeBron in 73-of-75 possessions last nite. James shot 7-of-18 when he was primary defender w/5 TOs via @ESPNStatsInfo

Slug3
05-05-2015, 08:50 AM
Damn dude, you might as well remove that signature you have and only display the 06 championship we got, because Le-Con was a big reason we got the other 2.

Dade County
05-05-2015, 10:01 AM
Damn dude, you might as well remove that signature you have and only display the 06 championship we got, because Le-Con was a big reason we got the other 2.

Thats why I'll never forget... Miami should have 1 to 2 more titles.

D Wade should have another Final's Mvp too.

Bless

a year ago you were probably calling him g.o.a.t. but to answer your question he had some late turnovers and missed shots.

Oh the bitterness [emoji23]

The irony in your sig which shows the 2 titles that he brought to Miami while reading your bitter post is just too much for me.

Bitter ... :laugh2:

I guess you guys have never read any of my post, since Lbj gave Dallas a championship... smh

Stunner
05-05-2015, 10:26 AM
RT @BBallSociety_: INTERESTING NOTE: Last night was the 1st time a LeBron James team never led in a home playoff game (85 games total.) http://t.co/ZBtheaCuts

Dade County
05-05-2015, 10:54 AM
I'm not one of these guys that care if Lbj wins or doesn't win a championship again.

I'm happy that the HEAT organization won 3 titles (should have been more).

Just because I call him Le-Con (he throws games, extend playoff series, & gave Dallas a championship), which I've been calling him that even when he was in a HEAT uniform; doesn't mean I hate him or wish him to fail.

I have been consistent in my post about Lbj. If he wanted to, he could go out and score between 50 - 70pts per game against the bulls (KD can also do this too).

But like i have stated before, he's more business man then basketball player.

benny01
05-05-2015, 11:01 AM
Im happy that pau is winning but sad that the bulls arr

So you be a privateer? Arrrrr

krazylegz
05-05-2015, 01:04 PM
I'm not one of these guys that care if Lbj wins or doesn't win a championship again.

I'm happy that the HEAT organization won 3 titles (should have been more).

Just because I call him Le-Con (he throws games, extend playoff series, & gave Dallas a championship), which I've been calling him that even when he was in a HEAT uniform; doesn't mean I hate him or wish him to fail.

I have been consistent in my post about Lbj. If he wanted to, he could go out and score between 50 - 70pts per game against the bulls (KD can also do this too).

But like i have stated before, he's more business man then basketball player.

1. shoulda,woulda,coulda...alot of teams could argue that point

2. one single player can hand another team a title?,bit of a stretch,but he def channeled his inner le-quit that series

3.50-70 per game?.....your delusional

bucketss
05-05-2015, 01:11 PM
Thats why I'll never forget... Miami should have 1 to 2 more titles.

D Wade should have another Final's Mvp too.

Bless

Bitter ... :laugh2:

I guess you guys have never read any of my post, since Lbj gave Dallas a championship... smh

aren't you the dude that always said the nba is rigged and lebron could have won every year but he was just following orders?

Tony_Starks
05-05-2015, 01:24 PM
What happened to the narrative that the Cavs would lose because Kyrie is so inexperienced and wouldn't know what to do in the playoffs?......

KG2TB
05-05-2015, 02:13 PM
What happened to the narrative that the Cavs would lose because Kyrie is so inexperienced and wouldn't know what to do in the playoffs?......

It was always moronic.

G-Menfan4lyfe
05-05-2015, 02:20 PM
It doesn't really matter who wins this series they aren't beating any of the remaining west teams in the finals.

bucketss
05-05-2015, 02:30 PM
It doesn't really matter who wins this series they aren't beating any of the remaining west teams in the finals.

both bulls and cavs have a real shot against memphis and houston, the other two clips/dubs depends really, same thing was being said when the thunder made the finals in 2012.

SteBO
05-05-2015, 02:36 PM
If Kyrie & LBJ aren't superhuman, the Cavs won't be winning this series, let alone a Finals series any of the remaining teams out West.

TylerSL
05-05-2015, 02:45 PM
I believe the Cavaliers will win this series in 7 games. I predicted Cavs in 6 before Love's injury and JR's suspension and I would be shocked in Cleveland still doesn't take the series. With JR out the first 2 games I expected them to split in Cleveland and go to Chicago 1-1. With JR back I expect them to also split in Chicago so the series is 2-2 headed back to Cleveland. Cleveland would go on to win the series in 7 IMO.

However, if the Cavaliers drop Game 2 without JR they are going to be in a lot of trouble. If the Bulls go up 2-0 going back to Chicago, I can't see the Cavaliers taking both games under any circumstances so best case scenario they would be down 3-1 for Game 5 in Cleveland. If Cleveland loses Game 2, I would expect the series to be 3-1 through 4 games and if Cleveland goes down 3-1, I doubt they win the series. Game 2 is an absolute must win for Cleveland.

ChI_ShIzzLe
05-05-2015, 03:04 PM
I believe the Cavaliers will win this series in 7 games. I predicted Cavs in 6 before Love's injury and JR's suspension and I would be shocked in Cleveland still doesn't take the series. With JR out the first 2 games I expected them to split in Cleveland and go to Chicago 1-1. With JR back I expect them to also split in Chicago so the series is 2-2 headed back to Cleveland. Cleveland would go on to win the series in 7 IMO.

However, if the Cavaliers drop Game 2 without JR they are going to be in a lot of trouble. If the Bulls go up 2-0 going back to Chicago, I can't see the Cavaliers taking both games under any circumstances so best case scenario they would be down 3-1 for Game 5 in Cleveland. If Cleveland loses Game 2, I would expect the series to be 3-1 through 4 games and if Cleveland goes down 3-1, I doubt they win the series. Game 2 is an absolute must win for Cleveland.

It's equally a must win for the Bulls tomorrow night with JR being out. Mainly because the Bulls have sucked at home this season. Our crowd is pathetic most of the time.

effen5
05-05-2015, 03:18 PM

I think the Bulls has a shot. We are deep as any team in the league and the last team the GSW lost to at home was against us.

lol, please
05-05-2015, 03:52 PM
I think the Bulls has a shot. We are deep as any team in the league and the last team the GSW lost to at home was against us.

I've been saying it since game 1 round 1, bulls are going to the finals. That's an honest prediction if saddletramp is watching, I will be the first to admit I was wrong about them if they don't.

lol, please
05-05-2015, 04:43 PM
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?890658-May-5-2015-NBA-Playoffs

vBookie event is up!!

KG2TB
05-05-2015, 05:03 PM
It's equally a must win for the Bulls tomorrow night with JR being out. Mainly because the Bulls have sucked at home this season. Our crowd is pathetic most of the time.

It's so disappointing. You could hardly call it a home court advantage. It's probably frustrating for the players to hear such a lame crowd during the post season (and regular season). We're easily the worst crowd out of all the contending teams.

Champology
05-05-2015, 06:35 PM
Sweep

lol, please
05-05-2015, 06:52 PM
Taking the under for game 2 (194 -110)

About to walk away with some serious scrizz-guap

ChI_ShIzzLe
05-06-2015, 01:25 AM
It's so disappointing. You could hardly call it a home court advantage. It's probably frustrating for the players to hear such a lame crowd during the post season (and regular season). We're easily the worst crowd out of all the contending teams.

The actual madhouse is up in the 300 levels but obviously you can't hear them if they're the only ones screaming and yelling from up there. ****ing Reinsdorfs have sold everything below that to corporations to maximize profits. At least wear same color t-shirts like other teams' fans, they don't even do that.

FlashBolt
05-06-2015, 02:41 AM
The only way Cavs win anything is if James/Irving average at least 65 points. That game 1 loss was on James. James Jones also has to knock those threes down. Maybe with J.R. back, they can get another 16 PPG in from him but he's always fishy when it comes to the playoffs.

Vee-Rex
05-06-2015, 08:21 AM
The actual madhouse is up in the 300 levels but obviously you can't hear them if they're the only ones screaming and yelling from up there. ****ing Reinsdorfs have sold everything below that to corporations to maximize profits. At least wear same color t-shirts like other teams' fans, they don't even do that.

Cavs did some kind of stupid lottery ticket thing for the playoffs and now our arena is full of casual fans who don't really give a **** about the game. That's why at times they aren't loud at all.

KG2TB
05-06-2015, 09:38 AM
Cavs did some kind of stupid lottery ticket thing for the playoffs and now our arena is full of casual fans who don't really give a **** about the game. That's why at times they aren't loud at all.

Still puts UC to shame. Easily

72 Wins
05-06-2015, 10:22 AM
The United Center has to be one of the largest arenas in the league, but I really can't stand certain sections. Some parts of the 300 level is almost unwatchable. You're pretty much glued to the jumbotron because the players on the court look like ants. I've made a conscious decisions this year to go 200 level or better, even if it means having to save up more money to make it happen. I also do not necessarily agree that all the "true fans" are in the 300 level. I've been to plenty of games where 300 level caters to tons of casual fans due to the accessibility/price point. Trust me, as someone setting up work group outings annually, maybe 1/3 of my group gives a ****.

Animosity
05-06-2015, 11:13 AM
The arena is loud but the noise never makes it down to the court. The 100 level is corporate and the 200 level is full of old school season ticket holders. Most of the bonkers fans are in the upper 200's and 300's. Almost impossible to hear from the court. The 300s have decent views if you are in between the foul lines. If you get wedged in a corner you get to know the beer guy a lot better because your spending most of your time getting hammered because you cant see the game anyway.

ChicagoJ
05-06-2015, 01:41 PM

If it was still the old chicago stadium it would be different. That place was the loudest in the nba.

ChicagoJ
05-06-2015, 01:47 PM
As for the game, watch for the adjustments the cavs make with gasol. They don't have any favorable matchups with him. What they do with him will be a key thing to watch.

lol, please
05-06-2015, 01:59 PM
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?890697-May-6-2015-NBA-Playoffs

vBookie event is up!!

LakersIn5
05-06-2015, 03:09 PM
Kyrie with a 40pt game. Lebron with a trip dub. Cavs win by double digits

lol, please
05-06-2015, 03:28 PM
Putting some yayper on the over on this one. (195 -105)

No reason not to. Easy money.

I will be practicing my high-fives with asian ladies for when I meet up with tredigs during the finals.

goingfor28
05-06-2015, 03:39 PM
Go bulls!

Vee-Rex
05-06-2015, 04:10 PM
3 hours away from gametime. I've been pulling for Tristan to start and Blatt is making the right choice.

Bron, it's time to step up. You fail this series and it's no longer speculation but fact that you're declining. I want a 34+ point game from you tonight. No more than 3-4 turnovers.

I believe Kyrie will have a strong game too. His jump shots didn't fall last game, and he missed a few layups that he normally makes, even though he hit some tough ones too (but he makes those regularly). Looking at an efficient 28-30+ point game from him.

We do that and we should be able get the W in this.

Btw be on the lookout for my boy Big Money Joe Harris!

LETS GO CAVS

dabears34ft
05-06-2015, 05:30 PM
As pissed as I was the Bulls went 6 with the Bucks, I don't think we had the traps figured out until that game. That series and game really prepared us for double teams and I think that will play a huge role in this series

LakerShow
05-06-2015, 07:28 PM
Cavs rolling

JLynn943
05-06-2015, 07:30 PM
Wish I could actually watch it. TNT is showing Castle even though the guide says it's the game

LakerShow
05-06-2015, 07:30 PM
Looks like it's game over.

FraziersKnicks
05-06-2015, 07:32 PM
Bulls looking trash and LeBron looking filthy in the first quarter.

ChI_ShIzzLe
05-06-2015, 07:34 PM
I'll take the split. Sit the starters this one is a wrap.

bucketss
05-06-2015, 07:58 PM
where the "lebron is declining" "lebron is exposed" people at?

FraziersKnicks
05-06-2015, 07:58 PM
LeBron just absolutely destroyed Jimmy "LeBron-Stopper" Butler :laugh2:

Jayb587
05-06-2015, 07:59 PM
watching bron drive with pau not even trying to help, remind me of why I wanted him off the lakers.

LakerShow
05-06-2015, 08:00 PM
Crappy defense by chi defense is not there thing

Vee-Rex
05-06-2015, 08:00 PM
Bron playing like how he should've done game 1. Far more aggressive. Coast-mode is off.

Game is far from over. Gotta keep the foot on the gas pedal.

ChitownSports16
05-06-2015, 08:10 PM
Shump playing out of his mind..

jmartin80
05-06-2015, 08:13 PM
Like I said last game, glad we won 1, but keeping realistic expectations.

This 100% proves why.

ChitownSports16
05-06-2015, 08:25 PM
Like I said last game, glad we won 1, but keeping realistic expectations.

This 100% proves why.

Only at halftime. A lot of game left. Some of them guys will cool down from the 3.

flea
05-06-2015, 08:30 PM
Bron playing like how he should've done game 1. Far more aggressive. Coast-mode is off.

What is "coast mode?" He played like crap in game 1. If he did it on purpose then he's a pitiful excuse for a franchise player and doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence, or even paragraph, as competitors like Michael and Larry. But I don't think he did, he was just poor defensively and couldn't get his transition game going. There's no mystery to slowing down Lebron in the half-court.

Vee-Rex
05-06-2015, 08:38 PM
LeBron was trying to pass to the perimeter all game last game. That was his priority and it's likely him playing as if he still had Love/JR on the perimeter.

This game he's trying to put the ball in the basket with force.

Chronz
05-06-2015, 08:52 PM
I love C-Webb so I ignore his jokes but I cant stress this enough, missing a shot to get an offensive rebound does NOT pad your stats unless you're dumb enough to ignore efficiency altogether. A missed shot, followed by an O-REB is a net NEUTRAL possession, it pads NOTHING.

Chronz
05-06-2015, 08:55 PM
What is "coast mode?" He played like crap in game 1. If he did it on purpose then he's a pitiful excuse for a franchise player and doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence, or even paragraph, as competitors like Michael and Larry. But I don't think he did, he was just poor defensively and couldn't get his transition game going. There's no mystery to slowing down Lebron in the half-court.

Coast mode is a term LeBron used earlier in the season. Nobody should be coasting in the playoffs but I feel like overseers of their team (like Bron) tend to be more pass happy early in a series, the longer a series goes the more aggressive they get. Its why Bron has some of the best levels of production into G.6 AND G.7 we've ever seen.

flea
05-06-2015, 09:03 PM
If you "coast-mode" in the EC Semis and give up homecourt advantage because you played so poorly I don't really see that as advantageous. Is he really that starved for energy? I just think he had a bad game - lots of turnovers and his jumpers didn't fall. The stat line looks solid because he's still a top 5 player in the game. But more than anything it was his effort on defense that was putrid to me. He and Irving were the worst +/- guys on the court in that game - and I think easily their worst 2 defenders. I don't know how you think you can play like that on purpose unless you're 100% positive you're going to win the series.

Chronz
05-06-2015, 09:12 PM
Its not about playing bad on purpose, its about the mindset going in. I know players should adapt to every situation, but Bron did not go into that game thinking attack. He played bad precisely because he couldn't adapt IN-GAME but he wouldn't be the first to do so. He was wrong tho, with K-Love and JR out, he should have attacked from the start IMO.

Chronz
05-06-2015, 09:12 PM
BTW Im barely at halftime, watching this **** on delay so I can go play ball.

5ass
05-06-2015, 09:14 PM
If you "coast-mode" in the EC Semis and give up homecourt advantage because you played so poorly I don't really see that as advantageous. Is he really that starved for energy? I just think he had a bad game - lots of turnovers and his jumpers didn't fall. The stat line looks solid because he's still a top 5 player in the game. But more than anything it was his effort on defense that was putrid to me. He and Irving were the worst +/- guys on the court in that game - and I think easily their worst 2 defenders. I don't know how you think you can play like that on purpose unless you're 100% positive you're going to win the series.
19-9-15.

Hawkize31
05-06-2015, 09:15 PM
I love C-Webb so I ignore his jokes but I cant stress this enough, missing a shot to get an offensive rebound does NOT pad your stats unless you're dumb enough to ignore efficiency altogether. A missed shot, followed by an O-REB is a net NEUTRAL possession, it pads NOTHING.

Eh, I'd argue that, because 50% shooting is considered efficient.

1 for 1, 0 reb is good
1 for 2, 1 reb is slightly better, stat-wise, in my opinion.

Hawkize31
05-06-2015, 09:27 PM
Bulls managed to win 3 quarters, but lost by double digits. I can't imagine that happens often.

ChI_ShIzzLe
05-06-2015, 09:32 PM
Bulls managed to win 3 quarters, but lost by double digits. I can't imagine that happens often.

We won those 3 quarters by 5 points combined and lost 1 by 20. There's your answer. I'm sure it's happened a lot.

Yanks All Day
05-06-2015, 09:38 PM
LeBron James and Kyrie Irving are the two best players in this series. If Tristan Thompson and Timothy Mosgov can play equal to Noah and Gasol (tonight they out played them), Cleveland is going to win the series comfortably.

Having J.R. Smith back, who is a solid defender, will only make it harder on Chicago's perimeter guys. They have to really out-play Cleveland on the perimeter to win the series.

numba1CHANGsta
05-06-2015, 09:42 PM
I can't believe how much the Eastern conference has sucked over the past 16 years. It's basically only been the Celtics of 08-11 and the LeBron's 07-15

Something needs to be done to make the East more competitive. I can't see the Bulls, Hawks, or Wiz in the Finals

ChI_ShIzzLe
05-06-2015, 09:52 PM
I can't believe how much the Eastern conference has sucked over the past 16 years. It's basically only been the Celtics of 08-11 and the LeBron's 07-15

Something needs to be done to make the East more competitive. I can't see the Bulls, Hawks, or Wiz in the Finals

It's called Lebron James. There's no team in the East good enough to take him out in a series. They're all out West.

Vee-Rex
05-06-2015, 09:57 PM

Eh, you guys won the 2nd and 3rd quarters by a total of 4 points. We were winning the 4th (Up by 22+ points) 'til we took out our starters and you guys cut it down to 15 to end the game.

Tony_Starks
05-06-2015, 10:21 PM
LeBron James and Kyrie Irving are the two best players in this series. If Tristan Thompson and Timothy Mosgov can play equal to Noah and Gasol (tonight they out played them), Cleveland is going to win the series comfortably.

Having J.R. Smith back, who is a solid defender, will only make it harder on Chicago's perimeter guys. They have to really out-play Cleveland on the perimeter to win the series.

Before the series started I said Thompson instead of Love was a defensive advantage for Cavs. D Rose looked a bit more ordinary tonight as well.

Still think it goes 7 tho, Thibbs will make the necessary adjustments. The series boils down to who has the bigger series Rose or Kyrie and my money is on Irving.

FlashBolt
05-06-2015, 11:10 PM
LeBron didn't have a bad first game but it wasn't LeBron-esque. We're taking him for granted (myself included) where we expect him to put up 30-8-7 every game like he did with the Cavs before Miami and in Miami. He went 19-15-9 which is a near triple double and no one batted an eye because he turned the ball over and missed some easy shots that he normally makes. Game 1 was on him no doubt about that. I say it all the time, with Love out, James has to go aggressive the entire playoffs. We're never going to see that crazy efficient LeBron from Miami anymore. He's just not the same player. This is the last three years of his elite production.

flea
05-06-2015, 11:16 PM
LeBron didn't have a bad first game but it wasn't LeBron-esque. We're taking him for granted (myself included) where we expect him to put up 30-8-7 every game like he did with the Cavs before Miami and in Miami. He went 19-15-9 which is a near triple double and no one batted an eye because he turned the ball over and missed some easy shots that he normally makes. Game 1 was on him no doubt about that. I say it all the time, with Love out, James has to go aggressive the entire playoffs. We're never going to see that crazy efficient LeBron from Miami anymore. He's just not the same player. This is the last three years of his elite production.

Do you actually watch the games? He was not even the first or second best player on his team, and his team was never really in the game in spite of a few scoring bursts. It was a terrible game 1 performance. Maybe it was "wasn't a bad game" if you're comparing it to Derrick Rose or something.

FlashBolt
05-06-2015, 11:42 PM
Do you actually watch the games? He was not even the first or second best player on his team, and his team was never really in the game in spite of a few scoring bursts. It was a terrible game 1 performance. Maybe it was "wasn't a bad game" if you're comparing it to Derrick Rose or something.

Did YOU watch the game? Better yet, did YOU learn to read in elementary school?

1) They were tied deep in the fourth. They made runs but Bulls made some as well. Their runs were covering their bad start and a lapse in which James kept turning the ball over and missed shots that he usually makes. They were IN the game; just Irving/James weren't productive when it mattered.
2) When did I say James had a great or even good game? He had a decent game but for someone of his caliber and capability, of course it's going to be perceived as a bad game. It wasn't terrible by any measure; you're just being unfair here. I even said James cost them the game by making bad plays down the stretch.

Mave1002
05-06-2015, 11:46 PM

I really can't see Cleveland winning the NBA championship. NO offense to the fans but I duno.. im still not used to the bottom feeders being on top of the world right now and yeah, my team has been sucking for the past 4 years..

SF8
05-07-2015, 01:08 AM
Does anyone else think the reports of the Bulls not being able to wait ti they can fire Thibs and them possibly bugging the Bulls coaches office played in a role in this loss? The team as a whole (players and coaches a like) did not seem focused to me from the start.

Bostonjorge
05-07-2015, 01:22 AM
Gasol is worthless

IKnowHoops
05-07-2015, 02:30 AM
Only person in the history of Basketball that can put up 19-15-9 and it be called an awful game is Lebron. If you look at it differently, its a testament to how ridiculous he is that that can be considered a horrible game. Funny stuff. Bron didn't play well for sure, but again, for Lebron, it was bad. For Anyone else in the NBA its a great game.

KG2TB
05-07-2015, 08:01 AM
Does anyone else think the reports of the Bulls not being able to wait ti they can fire Thibs and them possibly bugging the Bulls coaches office played in a role in this loss? The team as a whole (players and coaches a like) did not seem focused to me from the start.

No. Probably more of a distraction for thibs than the players. The bulls are just bi polar. Have been all year.

Slug3
05-07-2015, 08:27 AM
Gasol is worthless

Wow one bad game and now all of a sudden he is garbage?

Dade County
05-07-2015, 09:33 AM

What is "coast mode?" He played like crap in game 1. If he did it on purpose then he's a pitiful excuse for a franchise player and doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence, or even paragraph, as competitors like Michael and Larry.

But Le-Con has been doing this, where have you been. And how do you know that Mj didn't extend series either (we just don't know)?

And I wouldn't call him pitiful, he's more of a business man then a basketball player. I've learn to just deal with it a while ago.

But I don't think he did, he was just poor defensively and couldn't get his transition game going. There's no mystery to slowing down Lebron in the half-court.

Don't waiver man... Trust your instincts.

There's noting the bulls or any team can do to stop Lbj from being aggressive. He went to the line twice the 1st game, this game he went 9 times.

He could always crash in to people and draw contact... He knows when he attacks the rim, that leaves his teammates wide open.

Dade County
05-07-2015, 09:39 AM
Only person in the history of Basketball that can put up 19-15-9 and it be called an awful game is Lebron. If you look at it differently, its a testament to how ridiculous he is that that can be considered a horrible game. Funny stuff. Bron didn't play well for sure, but again, for Lebron, it was bad. For Anyone else in the NBA its a great game.

He's one of the greats

72 Wins
05-07-2015, 10:18 AM
Noah looks horrible out there. We all know he's not healthy, but the lack of confidence is hurting the Bulls as well. There were several times he was wide open and never even considered taking a jump shot like the old days.

Tony_Starks
05-07-2015, 12:45 PM

Another case where stats can be deceiving. On face value that looks great but watching the game you saw how awful he was in the 4th, particularly right when they were on the verge of coming all the way back. Looked lost when he got in the paint, kept jumping to pass, hesitant on his shot.....the whole 9.....

FraziersKnicks
05-07-2015, 01:46 PM
Another case where stats can be deceiving. On face value that looks great but watching the game you saw how awful he was in the 4th, particularly right when they were on the verge of coming all the way back. Looked lost when he got in the paint, kept jumping to pass, hesitant on his shot.....the whole 9.....

They wouldn't have even been close going into the 4th if it wasn't for LeBron's 19/15/9. Regardless of his shooting and hesitancy he still provided ++ value just from rebounding and playmaking alone.

Saddletramp
05-07-2015, 02:14 PM
I've been saying it since game 1 round 1, bulls are going to the finals. That's an honest prediction if saddletramp is watching, I will be the first to admit I was wrong about them if they don't.

It's nice to see you actually calling an "honest prediction" for once. I never know if you're serious or just being a trolling jerk. Bulls have a shot but their biggest challenge is up first and JR is about the come back.

FraziersKnicks
05-07-2015, 02:42 PM
It's nice to see you actually calling an "honest prediction" for once. I never know if you're serious or just being a trolling jerk. Bulls have a shot but their biggest challenge is up first and JR is about the come back.

Usually the latter....

mngopher35
05-07-2015, 04:31 PM
When love went down I thought Chicago would win the series in 6 or 7. Not really sure what to think at this point but game 2 is exactly what the cavs missed game 1 (aggresive Lebron being best player on the court and better overall defense).

It will be interesting to see if Chicago continues the up and down play they have had throughout the year (at least that's what Ive seen) or if they can continually play great as the series continues.

Vee-Rex
05-07-2015, 05:29 PM
I just think the Bulls need a consistently well-playing Rose to win the series. I'm not sure if it'll happen. Interesting stats:

Derrick Rose is shooting 20%(2/10) in these two games when Lebron James guarded him. His two converts are both long jump shots towards the end of the shot clock (One at 2.2 seconds and the other at 4.8 seconds). If he becomes a problem I'd expect to see James guarding him more.

60% of Derrick Rose's shot selection has come off jump shots against the Cavs, whereas 32% of his shot selection was jump shots against Milwaukee.

Rose is shooting more jump shots than normal, and luckily for the Bulls (at least in game 1), he has been hitting them. He absolutely has to drive more, create more contact, and finish around the rim.

Unfortunately, I think if he forces more inside he'll also cause turnovers (he hasn't been causing turnovers at his normal rate so far in the second round, primarily because he's been taking jumpshots and making them), and the Cavs are a team that will punish you when you commit turnovers.

I'm just not sure if Rose got it in him for the Bulls to win this series. I'm convinced it's Cavs in 5, or in the case the Bulls have another incredible shooting night, Cavs in 6.

KG2TB
05-07-2015, 05:32 PM
Cavs won't win in 5

IKnowHoops
05-08-2015, 12:08 AM

Thats kind of my point. No one can play that bad, and have a stat line of 19-15-9. I admit it was a bad game for Bron. Usually if someone plays that bad your looking at like 10-4-3.

Stunner
05-08-2015, 11:00 AM
Jr Smith Career Playoff numbers

12.8 ppg
3.8 rpg
1.8 apg
38% FG
30% 3pt

55 career playoff games

Vee-Rex
05-08-2015, 11:14 AM
Derrick Rose Career Playoff numbers

23.8 ppg
4.8 rpg
7.2 apg
42% FG
29.8% 3pt
3.8 topg

37 career playoff games

JR Smith = 3rd option (based off shot attempts)
Derrick Rose = 1st option (based off shot attempts)

It gets uglier if I only do post-injury/MVP Derrick Rose

Stunner
05-08-2015, 11:19 AM
Derrick Rose Career Playoff numbers

23.8 ppg
4.8 rpg
7.2 apg
42% FG
29.8% 3pt
3.8 topg

37 career playoff games

JR Smith = 3rd option (based off shot attempts)
Derrick Rose = 1st option (based off shot attempts)

It gets uglier if I only do post-injury/MVP Derrick Rose

Are you really trying to compare ? God you're desperate

Vee-Rex
05-08-2015, 11:29 AM
You pointed out that JR isn't a good playoff performer, which is true.

I pointed out that Rose isn't a great playoff performer, especially as a 1st option.

Personally I'd take JR's numbers as a third/fourth option over Rose's as a first.

Stunner
05-08-2015, 12:05 PM
You pointed out that JR isn't a good playoff performer, which is true.

I pointed out that Rose isn't a great playoff performer, especially as a 1st option.

Personally I'd take JR's numbers as a third/fourth option over Rose's as a first.

Smh

lol, please
05-08-2015, 12:30 PM
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?890841-May-8-2015-NBA-Playoffs

vBookie event is up!!

Tony_Starks
05-08-2015, 02:57 PM

Thats kind of my point. No one can play that bad, and have a stat line of 19-15-9. I admit it was a bad game for Bron. Usually if someone plays that bad your looking at like 10-4-3.

True that. Lebron has the skill set where his stat line is always going to be impressive because he's so versatile. Reminds me of a hybrid Kirelinko for Utah. This dude was a fantasy monster, nothing for him to put up like a 18-9-6-5-3 night in his prime.....

Chronz
05-08-2015, 03:21 PM
True that. Lebron has the skill set where his stat line is always going to be impressive because he's so versatile. Reminds me of a hybrid Kirelinko for Utah. This dude was a fantasy monster, nothing for him to put up like a 18-9-6-5-3 night in his prime.....

But Brons stats were beneath his average and your AK line was above his, so I dont think it was similarly "like nothing". That kind of night was more likely a career game for AK whereas Brons was a struggle.

Just saying

lol, please
05-08-2015, 03:50 PM
Selling some Twitter stock and taking the over in this one. (195 -115)

Bulls outscore the Cavaliers to win decisively and take control of the series.

numba1CHANGsta
05-08-2015, 05:56 PM
So let me get this straight, why did the Cavs/Bulls get 1 night of rest and the Hawks/Wiz & GSW/Grizz get 3 nights of rest? Hmm let's see Rose doesn't play well with 1 night of rest, but plays well on a 2+ nights rest, so lets not give them any extra days off but lets give the other 2 teams an extra 3 days of rest. HAHA the NBA desperately want LeBron back in the Finals LOL tools

Yanks All Day
05-08-2015, 06:37 PM
So let me get this straight, why did the Cavs/Bulls get 1 night of rest and the Hawks/Wiz & GSW/Grizz get 3 nights of rest? Hmm let's see Rose doesn't play well with 1 night of rest, but plays well on a 2+ nights rest, so lets not give them any extra days off but lets give the other 2 teams an extra 3 days of rest. HAHA the NBA desperately want LeBron back in the Finals LOL tools

If a franchise has to worry about its star not being able to play well on 1 day of rest, they're in serious trouble. And if the Bulls were really as good as everyone wants them to be (they're not), then they shouldn't need Derrick Rose playing out of his mind to get by a Cleveland team without Kevin Love, J.R. Smith coming off suspension, and a banged up Iman Shumpert.

If Chicago can't win tonight, they're going down in 5. Just like the last couple of times they beat a LeBron James team in Game 1 of a series. They need this game more than Cleveland does. Let's see if they come out and play like it.

To me, Joakim Noah is the X factor here. He hasn't played well in the slightest. He can change the series for Chicago if he plays with that reckless abandon we're used to. But Pau Gasol isn't going to carry the Bulls to a series win as the only really effective big man. When LeBron moves down to the 4, he can effectively body either Pau or Noah. They need to both play well down low at the same time, or else Cleveland has the post advantage, even sans Kevin Love.

numba1CHANGsta
05-08-2015, 07:42 PM
If a franchise has to worry about its star not being able to play well on 1 day of rest, they're in serious trouble. And if the Bulls were really as good as everyone wants them to be (they're not), then they shouldn't need Derrick Rose playing out of his mind to get by a Cleveland team without Kevin Love, J.R. Smith coming off suspension, and a banged up Iman Shumpert.

If Chicago can't win tonight, they're going down in 5. Just like the last couple of times they beat a LeBron James team in Game 1 of a series. They need this game more than Cleveland does. Let's see if they come out and play like it.

To me, Joakim Noah is the X factor here. He hasn't played well in the slightest. He can change the series for Chicago if he plays with that reckless abandon we're used to. But Pau Gasol isn't going to carry the Bulls to a series win as the only really effective big man. When LeBron moves down to the 4, he can effectively body either Pau or Noah. They need to both play well down low at the same time, or else Cleveland has the post advantage, even sans Kevin Love.

This guy has gone from great to crap fast, what happened to his guy? he was once considered one of the best if not the best centers in the league, he's not even a factor defensively like he used to be.

northsider
05-08-2015, 08:11 PM
Noah is injured and has been for a while. It's been a complete downer to watch him play this year.

northsider
05-08-2015, 08:12 PM
Butler gives no ****s about guarding Lebron.

northsider
05-08-2015, 08:16 PM
Can't say I am too bothered by no calls for Rose as long as they are letting them play on both sides. Seems like they are allowing room for some rough play which I am all for in playoffs.