PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Love out 2 weeks minimum

chi-townlove1
04-26-2015, 10:47 PM
@WindhorstESPN: Nothing will be known for sure until MRI but word within Cavs team tonight is Kevin Love likely out a minimum of 2 weeks.

May allow Pau and Noah to have some fun in the post.. Possibly get a game on the road in Cleveland. Could be big, could be nothing.

goingfor28
04-26-2015, 10:49 PM
They'd have fun in the post regardless. Love is a trash defender. He will be missed on offense though

JNA17
04-26-2015, 10:51 PM
They'd have fun in the post regardless. Love is a trash defender. He will be missed on offense though

Pretty much this.

And even Love's offense won't be missed THAT much considering how inconsistent he has been all season.

Draco
04-26-2015, 10:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgKGtMglJyk

Stunner
04-26-2015, 11:14 PM
Pretty much this.

And even Love's offense won't be missed THAT much considering how inconsistent he has been all season.

So far in the playoffs, the Cavs have an offensive efficiency of 118.7 with Love on the court, 94.6 with him on the bench. Absurdly valuable

Conrad Kaczmarek (@ConradKazNBA) April 26, 2015

NYSpirit1
04-26-2015, 11:17 PM
The fact Love will only be out '2 weeks' is absurd with that injury. The average timetable is 4 to 6 weeks and I read earlier the average amount of games a player misses is 27. He may be out the entire Bulls series.

The Cavs team looks horrendous early on if Love is out and JR gets suspended. JR's suspension may be more than a game. He has a past, I would know as a Knick fan. Two years ago, he got a game. There was the shoelace thing last year too. He has a history with the league office, like Artest did, which is why the league wasn't kind to Artest with the Harden thing a few years back.

C Mozgov
PF Thompson
SF LeBron
SG Shumpert
PG Irving
Bench: Perkins, Delladova, James Jones

Yuck. They're going to have to play their starters all 40 minutes. The Bulls could win this one in 6.

JNA17
04-26-2015, 11:19 PM
So far in the playoffs, the Cavs have an offensive efficiency of 118.7 with Love on the court, 94.6 with him on the bench. Absurdly valuable

Conrad Kaczmarek (@ConradKazNBA) April 26, 2015

Hey I could be wrong, and I would like to be wrong because I want your Bulls to win that series.

I just don't think Love will be missed that much. It's been the Lebron and Irving show all season why Love sits his *** on the bench in 4th quarters from time to time.

Regardless, I better see my boy Pau dominate the Cavs front court.

Vee-Rex
04-26-2015, 11:28 PM
Hey I could be wrong, and I would like to be wrong because I want your Bulls to win that series.

I just don't think Love will be missed that much. It's been the Lebron and Irving show all season why Love sits his *** on the bench in 4th quarters from time to time.

Regardless, I better see my boy Pau dominate the Cavs front court.

The ignorance people display is mind-boggling.

I guess that's to be expected when your only source of info is media instead of, you know, watching every game or something.

Stunner
04-26-2015, 11:32 PM
Yea if Love is out that series and Jr gets more than a 2 game suspension then it will be tough for the Cavs . Even with Bron and kyrie their depth was already suspect .

Taking out love and jr just makes it worse . The big three are already averaging 40 mins per vs the C's

Draco
04-26-2015, 11:36 PM
Hopefully Niko will be up to speed by start of the series and they stomp on the Cavs' throat in game 1. Get these over with as soon as possible.

flea
04-26-2015, 11:38 PM
C Mozgov
PF Thompson
SF LeBron
SG Shumpert
PG Irving

Yuck. They're going to have to play their starters all 40 minutes. The Bulls could win this one in 6.

What a horrible spacing lineup. That frontcourt would be the worst shooting frontcourt left in the playoffs, and nobody plays Shumpert as a shooter. They're going to need their bench a lot if they're going to win with those starters. The shooters and Dellevedova especially, but it might take even more than that - good minutes on his farewell tour for Marion would be nice.

mngopher35
04-26-2015, 11:38 PM
Too bad for him and Cleveland, I could see it being even longer too depending on the severity.

If he isn't playing in the next round I think Chicago will win. It's not a guarantee but I think it was a close matchup before the injury.

NYSpirit1
04-26-2015, 11:40 PM
What a horrible spacing lineup. That frontcourt would be the worst shooting frontcourt left in the playoffs, and nobody plays Shumpert as a shooter. They're going to need their bench a lot if they're going to win with those starters. The shooters and Dellevedova especially, but it might take even more than that - good minutes on his farewell tour for Marion would be nice.

Yeah, not sure if they get Marion or Miller some minutes here. Can't say I don't enjoy it though. The last thing I want to see is LeBron winning a title this season.

slaker619
04-26-2015, 11:53 PM
Excuse Cavs going to make if they lose

JNA17
04-26-2015, 11:55 PM
The ignorance people display is mind-boggling.

I guess that's to be expected when your only source of info is media instead of, you know, watching every game or something.

...what?

ISIAH_THOMAS
04-27-2015, 12:01 AM
Loves offense will be missed

after Lebron and Kyrie where are they going to get offensive production ..Shumpert, Thompson.. Jr is somebody who could score, but he will most likely be suspended.

Vee-Rex
04-27-2015, 12:11 AM
...what?

You're seriously devaluing Love's importance to the Cavs. Also, he didn't sit out a lot of 4th quarters. The ones he did sit out were because:

1. Cavs were blowing the opponent out
2. Resting because of bruises and nagging injuries

The media has blown so much out of proportion and so many people feed into it and believe it.

kingkenny01
04-27-2015, 12:18 AM
Give me cavs in 7, I thought the cavs would win by a decent margin if love was healthy. But the Bulls haven't looked great. Slight edge cavs maybe like 52-48. They are a very talented team but the chemistry isn't there yet due to injuries, the bucks have got them turning over the ball like crazy with their length. Lebron is the best player in basketball and TristanThompson is a decent replacement. I think Lebron is going crazy to win this series. I'm not saying the cavs will win the title, I just don't trust rose and the Bulls. They have never beat lebron in a series.

tredigs
04-27-2015, 12:20 AM
It will be 3+ weeks, and the Cavs won't make the Finals.

LakersIn5
04-27-2015, 01:12 AM
Kevin love will return just in time for the ecf against the wizards. Hopefully he becomes 100% already by the time nba finals comes

LakersIn5
04-27-2015, 01:15 AM
Now lebron really has to turn the switch "on" lebron has been coasting the entire season plus the 1st round. Time to bring his 100% now

tredigs
04-27-2015, 01:17 AM
Kevin love will return just in time for the ecf against the wizards. Hopefully he becomes 100% already by the time nba finals comes
What's your guess for teams in the Finals? I noticed you were very adament that the Pels would stomp on the Warriors in round 1... so 0-1. But, we can't win 'em all! What now?

numba1CHANGsta
04-27-2015, 02:02 AM
Watch this all be fake to try to pull a fast one on the Bulls LOL

But I see Love returning for Game 5

tredigs
04-27-2015, 02:16 AM
Watch this all be fake to try to pull a fast one on the Bulls LOL

But I see Love returning for Game 5

I'm guessing this is a joke. He threw out his shoulder. There is literally no scenario where he is able to return in under 2 weeks.

lol, please
04-27-2015, 02:27 AM
I think the FO knows the Cavs won't get past the Bulls and wants to make sure he is ready for next season.

smiddy012
04-27-2015, 03:28 AM
Now lebron really has to turn the switch "on" lebron has been coasting the entire season plus the 1st round. Time to bring his 100% now

This goes along with what I wanted to bring to everyone's attention. As a Bulls fan, it seems as if we have always gotten his 100% come playoffs, as he's always been GREAT against us (if I remember our entire playoff matchup history correctly, which may be a stretch, but it's an overarching general truth nonetheless). I think it may speak to his psychology more than anything (as we're not only his personal rivalry in the East [since he came into the league] but the house MJ built), but he's actually the player I'm most interested to see play in a potential Chi/Cle series.

All that said, history also shows, albeit to a much smaller sample and competitive degree, Rose tends to have his way with Irving. So hopefully that'll make up for what I'm bracing to be an all-time great-like performance out of Lebron.

LakersIn5
04-27-2015, 04:16 AM
What's your guess for teams in the Finals? I noticed you were very adament that the Pels would stomp on the Warriors in round 1... so 0-1. But, we can't win 'em all! What now?

Nah i just hate the warriors thats why i wanted the pelicans to win just so that the warriors lose. Before the season started i had cleveland vs. Okc until the end of the regular season unfortunately durant didnt return thus missing the playoffs for oklahoma. Now i have cleveland vs the clippers.

LakersIn5
04-27-2015, 04:19 AM

Yeah i started 0-1 with the gsw win. But i also have lac, hou, mem, nets, cavs, bulls, was winning. So now im 2-1

MDD
04-27-2015, 05:00 AM
It's not love being out so much I'm worried about its the more time Perkins will get against our bigs

MDD
04-27-2015, 05:02 AM
And Thompson

PhillyFaninLA
04-27-2015, 07:56 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgKGtMglJyk

So this is your response to an injury

So your happy someone got injured.

Stay classy

theducksmuggler
04-27-2015, 08:44 AM
This is gonna be a huge problem for the Cavs...1. They are gonna be screwed offensively they wont be able to spread the floor at all 2. If they are eliminated in the 2nd round there is zero chance Love stays in my opinion.

Slug3
04-27-2015, 09:24 AM
So this is your response to an injury

So your happy someone got injured.

Stay classy

I am pretty sure he is happy that the Cavs wont have Love and nothing to do with Love getting injured.

MonroeFAN
04-27-2015, 09:33 AM
The fact Love will only be out '2 weeks' is absurd with that injury. The average timetable is 4 to 6 weeks and I read earlier the average amount of games a player misses is 27. He may be out the entire Bulls series.

The Cavs team looks horrendous early on if Love is out and JR gets suspended. JR's suspension may be more than a game. He has a past, I would know as a Knick fan. Two years ago, he got a game. There was the shoelace thing last year too. He has a history with the league office, like Artest did, which is why the league wasn't kind to Artest with the Harden thing a few years back.

C Mozgov
PF Thompson
SF LeBron
SG Shumpert
PG Irving

I think the Cavs win in 4 or 5 regardless of who plays outside of Mozgov, Lebron & Kyrie.

prodigy
04-27-2015, 09:34 AM
The Bulls have not impressed me at all. So by no means do I think they can win in Cleveland let alone in 6. They gotta prove that first.

Love injury hurts But Thompson is maybe a better matchup against the Bulls. Thompson is one of the best rebounders in the game and a solid defender. Loves offense of course will be missed. But Lebron and Irving will have to pick up the slack which I def think they can. I would also like to see Marion get some run. His experience, defense and fresh legs could bold well.

BTW Thompson is no bum on offense. He don't get many plays called for him, But he can put up 20 when called upon. Played well in spot starts this season.

T-mo has always done a very good job on Pau. I still expect Cavs in 6. I'm sorry, just have not seen much from the bulls that make me think they are this elite team ya'll say they are.

prodigy
04-27-2015, 09:37 AM
This is gonna be a huge problem for the Cavs...1. They are gonna be screwed offensively they wont be able to spread the floor at all 2. If they are eliminated in the 2nd round there is zero chance Love stays in my opinion.

Well love has already said 100 times over he's staying. sooo.... awkward. But if Cavs lose Love will know its mainly because of his injury. That should drive him to come back even stronger to redeem himself. Well that's how I would feel anyway. Like I let the team and fan base down.

Sportfan
04-27-2015, 09:38 AM
Well love has already said 100 times over he's staying. sooo.... awkward. But if Cavs lose Love will know its mainly because of his injury. That should drive him to come back even stronger to redeem himself. Well that's how I would feel anyway. Like I let the team and fan base down.

Or, the Cavs win and Love realizes he's irrelevant and jumps ship

Stunner
04-27-2015, 09:40 AM
Bulls are facing a way better than defense than the Cavs are in the first . Bucks are ranked in the top 5 , Cavs also had trouble with the Bucks during the regular season .

Stunner
04-27-2015, 09:41 AM
I think the Cavs win in 4 or 5 regardless of who plays outside of Mozgov, Lebron & Kyrie.

That's a stretch , terrible floor spacing in the starting lineup combined with a underwhelming bench doesn't scream a dominate Cavs .

MDD
04-27-2015, 09:41 AM
The Bulls played a long athletic team in the Bucks that gave even Cleveland a hard time during the regular season. Trust me they will play the Cavs better than the bucks, better matchup !!!

prodigy
04-27-2015, 09:42 AM
Or, the Cavs win and Love realizes he's irrelevant and jumps ship

why would he leave a winning team where he can make the most money?

But if he did then that's fine. Cavs would have a title which is what we all are dying for, plus recruiting would be pretty easy for Lebron and Irving.

Stunner
04-27-2015, 09:43 AM
Cavs haven't even faced a healthy Bulls team yet this season

Noah missed one match up

Jimmy missed 2 of the 4

Rose missed the 4th of the 1st meeting and was killing that game . Bulls just couldn't close without their two best players .

Rose also missed the final meeting in April

MonroeFAN
04-27-2015, 09:50 AM
Has anyone faced a healthy Bulls team this season?

prodigy
04-27-2015, 09:54 AM
The Bulls played a long athletic team in the Bucks that gave even Cleveland a hard time during the regular season. Trust me they will play the Cavs better than the bucks, better matchup !!!

Cavs were 3-1 vs the bucks this season only loss was when Lebron didn't play and before they made the trades. 2-0 after trades. So I really wouldn't say struggled. Bucks are a solid team though I like them a lot. and when Parker gets back wooo.

Not really sure how a team with Lebron is a better matchup then a team without Lebron full of young kids. LOL. It's gonna be a great series. It does Suck Cavs won't be a full strength. But I think Cavs should still win.

PhillyFaninLA
04-27-2015, 10:02 AM
I am pretty sure he is happy that the Cavs wont have Love and nothing to do with Love getting injured.

I don't believe that for a second...if that was a case he would say, now my Bulls have a better chance, and not sweet this guy is injured

Stunner
04-27-2015, 10:05 AM

Month of December lol

prodigy
04-27-2015, 10:11 AM

The Bucks and they seem to be doing alright lol.

Stunner
04-27-2015, 10:20 AM
The Bucks and they seem to be doing alright lol.

Cavs are nowhere as good defensively as the bucks tho :/ and it's mostly the Bulls beating themselves forcing their gameplan . They can't force all the passes they throw vs the bucks because of their athletic ability and length .

Bucks lead the league in forced turnovers

Hawkeye15
04-27-2015, 10:53 AM
really tough blow for the Cavs. With Love missing the whole series, LeBron will have to play out of his mind, and Irving will as well. I think the Bulls probably take that series now.

kdspurman
04-27-2015, 10:59 AM
really tough blow for the Cavs. With Love missing the whole series, LeBron will have to play out of his mind, and Irving will as well. I think the Bulls probably take that series now.

+1

MonroeFAN
04-27-2015, 11:01 AM
I'm willing to take on any bets for this series taking the Cavs in 6 or less.

BoSox47
04-27-2015, 11:14 AM
Tough blow for Cavs and Kevin Love. He really helped out with the floor spacing. However, Love calling out Olynyk saying he was intentionally trying to hurt him is BS.

KG2TB
04-27-2015, 11:21 AM
Still think the Cavs can beat Chicago without Love but obviously their chances go down. It's going to go 6 or 7 with or without Love, IMO.

Hawkeye15
04-27-2015, 11:25 AM
Idk, looking at the play again, I don't think Oly was trying to injure Love, I think he was trying to pull him away from the ball. Tough to see if there was any intent on that play, but Oly has never been a dirty player. Just got tangled up, Celtics in must win mode, and he was overly aggressive trying to keep a possession alive.

Just an unfortunate play for the Cavs.

archdevil84
04-27-2015, 11:30 AM
hopefully we finally get to see the agressive lebron again. He was pretty passive and boring in this first series but without love he's gonna have to step it up in order for the cavs to win

Tony_Starks
04-27-2015, 12:09 PM
Whomp whomp. Give his minutes to the Matrix.

Now JR missing a few games will actually be significant. Not just for his shooting but his defense and toughness....

prodigy
04-27-2015, 12:21 PM
Cavs are nowhere as good defensively as the bucks tho :/ and it's mostly the Bulls beating themselves forcing their gameplan . They can't force all the passes they throw vs the bucks because of their athletic ability and length .

Bucks lead the league in forced turnovers

Cavs are a top 10 defensive team since the trades. the Bulls beating themselves? Well if the Bucks didn't beat themselves a couple times this series could easily be 2-2 bucks or even 3-1 bucks.

That can go both ways.

prodigy
04-27-2015, 12:23 PM
Tough blow for Cavs and Kevin Love. He really helped out with the floor spacing. However, Love calling out Olynyk saying he was intentionally trying to hurt him is BS.

why? I think a large amount of people feel it was intentional. bending a guys arm like that just isn't a basketball play sorry. Its not.

Draco
04-27-2015, 12:40 PM
I don't believe that for a second...if that was a case he would say, now my Bulls have a better chance, and not sweet this guy is injured

Actually I didn't say 'sweet this guy is injured' and the thread title should be clear to most people.

But I'll share my guilty pleasure with you. "Sweet, a colluding basketball mercenary in Lebron has one less key teammate against my team no less." :D

Scoots
04-27-2015, 12:46 PM
Cavs Bulls was going to be tough on both teams ... it just got a lot tougher on the Cavs with Love out and JR looking at a possible multiple game suspension. If the Bulls win the games where JR is suspended chances are they win the series.

7 game series ... I think Bulls win.

Tony_Starks
04-27-2015, 12:56 PM
Did the Bulls miraculously get healthy and I missed the memo? Last I checked Noah is gimpy, Mirotic ( who's a big piece for them) is out, Heinrich is hurt, and the world holds its breath every time D Rose takes a spill. Am I to believe that the great Kevin Love who has been giving them bonus points in garbage time trumps the collective health of everyone else?

Can't have it both ways, its the playoffs you deal with what you have a roll with it.

I had the Bulls winning before Love getting injured BTW. Nothing changes.

prodigy
04-27-2015, 01:12 PM
Did the Bulls miraculously get healthy and I missed the memo? Last I checked Noah is gimpy, Mirotic ( who's a big piece for them) is out, Heinrich is hurt, and the world holds its breath every time D Rose takes a spill. Am I to believe that the great Kevin Love who has been giving them bonus points in garbage time trumps the collective health of everyone else?

Can't have it both ways, its the playoffs you deal with what you have a roll with it.

first off its playoffs after a long season. Everyone has bumps bruises.

I still got Cavs in 6. Cavs lost scoring but Bulls offense never scared me anyway. I love our matchups T-mo on pau, throw Lebron on Rose Shump on Butler or vise versa.

Gonna be a fun series.

Tony_Starks
04-27-2015, 01:19 PM

first off its playoffs after a long season. Everyone has bumps bruises.

I still got Cavs in 6. Cavs lost scoring but Bulls offense never scared me anyway. I love our matchups T-mo on pau, throw Lebron on Rose Shump on Butler or vise versa.

Gonna be a fun series.

Yessir. 7 games seems about right either way. I'll be interested to see what the Bulls do with Kyrie. I don't think D Rose can handle him, and if you put Jimmy Buckets on him you'll lose some of his scoring.

Heinrich would've been the perfect man for the job he's a very underrated defender.

Draco
04-27-2015, 01:27 PM
Bumps and bruises after a long season doesn't describe what's troubling the Bulls and Heinrich isn't the answer to anything. Not that I've been able to follow the NBA this season and have no idea what might happen.

Vee-Rex
04-27-2015, 01:28 PM
I thought Bulls fans disliked Kirk. They trash him all the time.

Tony_Starks
04-27-2015, 01:32 PM

Isn't that what the greatest players in the world do, be great when they have to? I can't remember someone ever saying MJ or Magic was going to have to carry the team when someone went down, it was a given because that's just how special they were...

Vee-Rex
04-27-2015, 01:33 PM
I can only hope the Bucks push the Bulls to 6 games. If it goes 6 or 7, Cavs/Bulls will begin on May 4th. If the Bulls win in 5, Cavs/Bulls begin on May 2nd. We need those extra 2 days! lol

Draco
04-27-2015, 01:39 PM
If it goes 6 or 7 the Cavs shouldn't sweat the Bulls. The Bulls have all the incentive in the world to finish this tonight.

HuRRiCaNeS324
04-27-2015, 02:03 PM
Cavs offense is so bad without Love. Lebron NEEDS spot up shooters. That hurts Lebron a lot and the rest of the team. The Cavs offense is literally gonna be Kyrie and Lebron taking turns at trying to break down defenders and score by themselves. With the Bulls very good defense, they're gonna make them work for everything. The Cavs cannot win 4 games playing like that.

Bulls in 6

ewing
04-27-2015, 02:33 PM
I thought Bulls fans disliked Kirk. They trash him all the time.

Bulls fans aren't bright

prodigy
04-27-2015, 02:50 PM
Cavs offense is so bad without Love. Lebron NEEDS spot up shooters. That hurts Lebron a lot and the rest of the team. The Cavs offense is literally gonna be Kyrie and Lebron taking turns at trying to break down defenders and score by themselves. With the Bulls very good defense, they're gonna make them work for everything. The Cavs cannot win 4 games playing like that.

Bulls in 6

Cavs offense looked pretty good yesterday even without Love. I mean they still got Lebron, Irving, T-mo, Shump, Thompson is no bum. The vets are gonna have to step up that's why we got them. Marion and or Jones will need to score some. Luckily the Bulls are not the Warriors or any of the west teams lol. Good defense and Lebron + Irving doing what they do Should help the cavs win in 6. Just my bias opinion. But I think the Bulls need to prove they can beat Lebron before we just hand them a victory.

Smith should be back after a game or 2.

ewing
04-27-2015, 02:51 PM
I still think the Cavs got this.

KG2TB
04-27-2015, 03:04 PM
Bulls fans aren't bright

Just stop. Kirk is garbage. He used to be a solid player but those days are done. His defense while ok, has taken a step back. Kirk's numbers this season

PER: 6.8
eFG%: .449
TS%: .468
FG% .373
WS/48: .030

Get a clue.

Draco
04-27-2015, 03:17 PM
Given how many players are in flux regarding performance or just being on the court predictions of exactly how many games this series will go seems silly.

ChI_ShIzzLe
04-27-2015, 04:22 PM
Yessir. 7 games seems about right either way. I'll be interested to see what the Bulls do with Kyrie. I don't think D Rose can handle him, and if you put Jimmy Buckets on him you'll lose some of his scoring.

Heinrich would've been the perfect man for the job he's a very underrated defender.

Rose has owned Kyrie every time. So the question should be the other way around.

ewing
04-27-2015, 04:31 PM
Just stop. Kirk is garbage. He used to be a solid player but those days are done. His defense while ok, has taken a step back. Kirk's numbers this season

PER: 6.8
eFG%: .449
TS%: .468
FG% .373
WS/48: .030

Get a clue.

Rude to boot

hugepatsfan
04-27-2015, 05:25 PM
Cavs offense looked pretty good yesterday even without Love.

lol they shot under 40%. That's terrible. It's not necessarily because Love was out - sometimes the team just doesn't shoot well. But to say they looked pretty good on offense yesterday is beyond ridiculous. They just played a team that isn't nearly as good as them so it didn't stop them from winning the game.

Bostonjorge
04-27-2015, 05:40 PM
Love deserved to show teams what he could do in the playoffs. He started great with a first rd sweep and being a big part of the reason why.

Stunner
04-27-2015, 06:10 PM
Kevin Love out for the series

ISIAH_THOMAS
04-27-2015, 06:12 PM
none of the Cavs bigs provide the spacing Love can, he makes them a dynamic offensive team. Huge loss. Still think the Cavs can win. Irving has to be great every game

chi-townlove1
04-27-2015, 06:15 PM
He's out for series

Slug3
04-27-2015, 06:20 PM
This could just mean Lebron is going to take things up to his highest level. Could be scary.

KnicksorBust
04-27-2015, 06:23 PM
This could just mean Lebron is going to take things up to his highest level. Could be scary.

You make it sound like he will go Westbrook mode but with Kyrie there his numbers won't dramatically change. The bigger change would have been Kyrie going down.

Vee-Rex
04-27-2015, 06:30 PM
Hopefully he's ready for the Wizards/Hawks in the ECF.

Tony_Starks
04-27-2015, 06:40 PM
none of the Cavs bigs provide the spacing Love can, he makes them a dynamic offensive team. Huge loss. Still think the Cavs can win. Irving has to be great every game

They can go small with Mike Miller who's a better shooter. Its not like Love was defending anyone anyway, Lebron can get Noah....

Jarvo
04-27-2015, 06:48 PM
Hope he gets well soon, But I just want an damn entertaining series in the east this year for once. I really believe the league should switch the playoff format to the 16 best teams overall because The East is just pathetic this year.

Bulls Vs Cavs should be that good matchup and I been had The Bulls coming out The East and say they do it in 6.

Bartlee23
04-27-2015, 06:54 PM
A Knicks fan talking about fans being "bright".... great season/team. I wouldn't listen to the people who can't even spell "Hinrich" he is irrelevant and let's be honest.... Love will be either out for the entire series or a non-factor. That is a serious injury and Smith will be out a minimum of 2 games. Chicago is beat up but they always are. Noah being injured means little for this series. Chicago is too deep and Cleveland has no bench. Chicago in 6.

Iron24th
04-27-2015, 06:55 PM
Pressure is on bulls now, they have to win the series, no excuses.

Vee-Rex
04-27-2015, 06:57 PM
They can go small with Mike Miller who's a better shooter. Its not like Love was defending anyone anyway, Lebron can get Noah....

He can't create his own offense like Love. Miller isn't 1/100th the rebounder Love is, and rebounding is an advantage we tended to have over the Bulls. Love is a better passer, and would generally make better/smarter plays than Miller. Taking charges, rotating better on defense, boxing out and fighting for position, etc...

You again with the implication that we'll be better without Love.

KG2TB
04-27-2015, 07:00 PM
He can't create his own offense like Love. Miller isn't 1/100th the rebounder Love is, and rebounding is an advantage we tended to have over the Bulls. Love is a better passer, and would generally make better/smarter plays than Miller. Taking charges, rotating better on defense, boxing out and fighting for position, etc...

You again with the implication that we'll be better without Love.

I don't think he was saying Miller was an upgrade. At least not that I saw in that post. He said the spacing could still be ok if they play small. Obviously, there will be other ramifications. The Cavs are better with Love, there's no doubt about that.

Tony_Starks
04-27-2015, 07:03 PM

You again with the implication that we'll be better without Love. :roll:

Love create his own offense? Lol dude he's a catch and shoot big. Rebound? His boards have dropped because he's loitering around the 3 point line, this isn't the Timberwolves version of Love. Miller is proven and actually a great passer and rebounder for his size. Going small with Miller is something Miami did plenty of times with great success, the floor will still be spread which is all Lebron needs to operate,

You're supposed to be a Cavs fan, do you watch games or just skim through it? Or do you not have league pass?

Stunner
04-27-2015, 07:06 PM
Love can create his own shot

HuRRiCaNeS324
04-27-2015, 07:07 PM
When Bosh went down, Lebron had Wade who scored 30, 28, and 41 in 3 games to beat Indy. Let's see what Kyrie does.

smith&wesson
04-27-2015, 07:43 PM
Lebron probably cant wait for love to be gone so they can get a real big man. . . Love has been so useless on the cavs.

WaDe03
04-27-2015, 08:17 PM
Bulls in 6 at the most. As long as the Cavs and Rockets don't win the championship I'm good.

FlashBolt
04-27-2015, 09:44 PM
LeBron+Irving isn't enough to get them past the Bulls. Bulls are STACKED and has Cleveland beat in 3/5 positions in the starting lineup. Their bench is also better. I don't see Cavs beating them unless Rose shoots them out of the game or LeBron goes beast mode (which we have yet to see this season in a stretch). Irving needs to step up. Average at least 30 PPG for them and make sure he can stop Rose. If they can get to the ECF, Cleveland has a huge chance. They can beat Hawks or Wizards without Love.

Yanks All Day
04-27-2015, 10:14 PM
I know that everyone wants this Cavs-Bulls series, but Chicago really isn't THAT good. At this point, realistically, Derrick Rose is just a bunch of memories of his MVP self and potential. Kyrie Irving is better than him. And the way both are playing, it's really not even close.

The Bulls are struggling with the Bucks, who aren't anything special. While everyone really wants this story, it's just not as plausible to me as people want it to be. Cavs in 6, even without Love and Smith out 2 games.

tredigs
04-27-2015, 10:42 PM
Bucks in 6.

Honestly, if the Bulls can't even close out on the Bucks @home after already losing one up 3-0, they aren't very good. Cavs with HCA still easily have the edge.

NYSpirit1
04-27-2015, 10:45 PM
I know that everyone wants this Cavs-Bulls series, but Chicago really isn't THAT good. At this point, realistically, Derrick Rose is just a bunch of memories of his MVP self and potential. Kyrie Irving is better than him. And the way both are playing, it's really not even close.

The Bulls are struggling with the Bucks, who aren't anything special. While everyone really wants this story, it's just not as plausible to me as people want it to be. Cavs in 6, even without Love and Smith out 2 games.

Oh please.

The current Cavs lineup is horrendous. Who is their backup big man? Backup wing? Backup guard? They're a five man team and Shumpert sucks anyway, I would know as a Knick fan. Losing Love AND JR in the same series, not good... at all.

The Bucks are probably a tougher matchup at this point for the Bulls. The reason the Bulls are having a tough time is because the Bucks are very long and playing excellent D.

The Cavs defense will be super duper bad moving forward.

NYSpirit1
04-27-2015, 10:46 PM
Bucks in 6.

Honestly, if the Bulls can't even close out on the Bucks @home after already losing one up 3-0, they aren't very good. Cavs with HCA still easily have the edge.

Cavs with Perkins, Delladova and James Jones as the main bench players 'easily' have the advantage? Really?

FlashBolt
04-27-2015, 10:48 PM
Bucks in 6.

So they'll be the first team to come back from a 3-0 deficit? That's crazy if it happens. Especially since many are already saying how Cavs will have to adjust for the Bulls.

NYSpirit1
04-27-2015, 10:50 PM
The Bucks would have the 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th best players on the current Cavs roster excluding JR and Love.

FlashBolt
04-27-2015, 10:52 PM
The Bucks would have the 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th best players on the current Cavs roster excluding JR and Love.

And the Cavs 1/2 best players are way better than those 3-6 players.. What's your point? None of the Bucks players can initiate an offense like James/Irving can.

Tony_Starks
04-27-2015, 10:54 PM

People are lining up to give the Cavs a out before the series even starts. To act like the Bulls who are struggling with the lowly Bucks before our very eyes have this nearly insurmountable advantage over the best 1-2 punch in the playoffs is so absurd its funny.

The extent people will go to to make excuses for their team or their favorite players is laughable.....

tredigs
04-27-2015, 10:55 PM
So they'll be the first team to come back from a 3-0 deficit? That's crazy if it happens. Especially since many are already saying how Cavs will have to adjust for the Bulls.

No, I highly doubt the Bucks win the next 2. My point is the fact that the Bulls haven't closed them out yet after going up 3-0 serves to show that they are not a team to be feared.

FlashBolt
04-27-2015, 11:00 PM
No, I highly doubt the Bucks win the next 2. My point is the fact that the Bulls haven't closed them out yet after going up 3-0 serves to show that they are not a team to be feared.

Oh, probably a mistake but on post #98 you put Bucks in 6. Idk, Bulls have looked awful these past three games.

FlashBolt
04-27-2015, 11:01 PM
People are lining up to give the Cavs a out before the series even starts. To act like the Bulls who are struggling with the lowly Bucks before our very eyes have this nearly insurmountable advantage over the best 1-2 punch in the playoffs is so absurd its funny.

The extent people will go to to make excuses for their team or their favorite players is laughable.....

Bulls match up better vs the Cavs and they always make it a competitive match against LeBron. I don't see how it will be any different if they played again. Bucks aren't even a bad team. Ranked top 5 in defense.

jerellh528
04-27-2015, 11:04 PM
Oh, probably a mistake but on post #98 you put Bucks in 6. Idk, Bulls have looked awful these past three games.

Isn't it impossible for the bucks to win in 6 considering the Bulls have already won 3 and it goes to 7 games max?

tredigs
04-27-2015, 11:06 PM

Just a joke based on all the "Bulls in 6" comments.

FlashBolt
04-27-2015, 11:06 PM
Isn't it impossible for the bucks to win in 6 considering the Bulls have already won 3 and it goes to 7 games max?

Yeah, that's true. Didn't pay much attention to that.

Tony_Starks
04-27-2015, 11:15 PM

Bulls match up better vs the Cavs and they always make it a competitive match against LeBron. I don't see how it will be any different if they played again. Bucks aren't even a bad team. Ranked top 5 in defense.

I have no doubt the Bulls will take the series but my point is it won't be because of Kevin Love's absence....

Jayb587
04-28-2015, 03:34 AM
all imma say is cavs are screwed vs the bulls. and Jimmy Buckets is ready for LeBron. At full strength this would have been a monster series. now we will just watch bron and kyrie get beat up trying to win 2on5.

FraziersKnicks
04-28-2015, 08:03 AM
If the Bulls close out the Bucks the key matchup will be Kyrie/Rose.

The way an offensively inept Michael Carter-Williams destroyed Rose last night should be scaring Bulls fans. If he can do what he did last night, imagine what Kyrie can do in a 7 game series.

Stunner
04-28-2015, 08:33 AM
If the Bulls close out the Bucks the key matchup will be Kyrie/Rose.

The way an offensively inept Michael Carter-Williams destroyed Rose last night should be scaring Bulls fans. If he can do what he did last night, imagine what Kyrie can do in a 7 game series.

Two different types of players and Williams is 6'6 and shooting over the top of a 6'3 player inside .

Williams is averaging vs the bulls this series

12 ppg
38% fg
4.8 apg
3.8 Rpg
2.5 tov

In 34 mpg

The 22 points is the 2nd time he's scored over 12 points this entire series

Game 1

9 points 4/13

Game 2

12 points 5/12

Game 3

19 points 9/21

Game 4

8 points 4/11

Game 5

22 points 10/15

prodigy
04-28-2015, 09:38 AM
Rose has owned Kyrie every time. So the question should be the other way around.

Lebron and Shump will get the duties on Rose. Don't think they will have Rose on irving Much Just because of irvings speed could cause injury to rose. Prob have rose on Shump or Delly a lot.

prodigy
04-28-2015, 09:42 AM
lol they shot under 40%. That's terrible. It's not necessarily because Love was out - sometimes the team just doesn't shoot well. But to say they looked pretty good on offense yesterday is beyond ridiculous. They just played a team that isn't nearly as good as them so it didn't stop them from winning the game.

Only because of a bad 3rd Q where they had a 20 point lead and took the foot off gas. Like I said, they pretty good.

prodigy
04-28-2015, 09:45 AM
Bulls in 6 at the most. As long as the Cavs and Rockets don't win the championship I'm good.

Someones still bitter lol

prodigy
04-28-2015, 09:52 AM
all imma say is cavs are screwed vs the bulls. and Jimmy Buckets is ready for LeBron. At full strength this would have been a monster series. now we will just watch bron and kyrie get beat up trying to win 2on5.

Lebron has ate up the Bulls all 4 games this season. Not sure how that will change.

Stunner
04-28-2015, 09:59 AM
Lebron has ate up the Bulls all 4 games this season. Not sure how that will change.

Only two games that matter is when Jimmy was guarding him , he had 26 and 20 points . Lebron effected the game still in other ways but he worked a lot harder trying to get his shot

BDawk4Prez
04-28-2015, 10:21 AM
Let the excuses begin...

prodigy
04-28-2015, 11:53 AM
Only two games that matter is when Jimmy was guarding him , he had 26 and 20 points . Lebron effected the game still in other ways but he worked a lot harder trying to get his shot

wasn't that 20pt game like 20-10-11 or something? lol. Plus Lebron was on cruise control the who regular season and first series. Which I wasn't a huge fan of. But he saved a lot of energy for big time games like this.

Stunner
04-28-2015, 12:01 PM
wasn't that 20pt game like 20-10-11 or something? lol. Plus Lebron was on cruise control the who regular season and first series. Which I wasn't a huge fan of. But he saved a lot of energy for big time games like this.

Didn't you read I said " Lebron effected the game in other Ways "

Vee-Rex
04-28-2015, 12:08 PM
You know, I don't think any team in the East will beat the Cavs even without Love. So as long as he's healthy for the finals then I'm cool with it.

Chicago is wildly inconsistent and we match up extremely well with them (not the other way around). I'd say Cavs in 5 with Love, but I'll say Cavs in 6 without him. Rose is just too inconsistent and they just aren't the same when he's not playing well.

Atlanta/Brooklyn/Washington don't concern me.

Stunner
04-28-2015, 12:16 PM
Kevin love out for the season

Tony_Starks
04-28-2015, 12:17 PM
I know one thing, Kyrie is about to put on a show in the second round! I'll say it now he's averaging 28 for the series.

Vee-Rex
04-28-2015, 12:21 PM
Butler guards Lebron well. Definitely a top 3 Lebron-defender. Kawhi Leonard is clearly the best.

But Lebron abused Jimmy Buckets in the post the last game they played against each other. I wonder if that'll be his approach in the semis.

Kyrie will do well but we'll need someone to step up. I like the idea of Tristan in the post more often. He's fairly decent at making those little hook shots and floaters.

Stunner
04-28-2015, 12:24 PM
@HowardBeck: Source: Kevin Love's labrum tore away from the bone, and will need 4-6 weeks, minimum, to heal. If it doesn't, surgery a possibility.

tredigs
04-28-2015, 12:26 PM
Yeah, all the reports are now saying Love is virtually guaranteed to be out the entire post-season. Huge blow. After all the flack Love got, I have a feeling his worth is going to begin to be highlighted.

Stunner
04-28-2015, 12:29 PM
Aldridge to the Cavs 2015

Vee-Rex
04-28-2015, 12:29 PM
Yeah, all the reports are now saying Love is virtually guaranteed to be out the entire post-season. Huge blow. After all the flack Love got, I have a feeling his worth is going to begin to be highlighted.

Oh crap, I spoke too soon. His worth is definitely gonna be highlighted. /sigh

tredigs
04-28-2015, 12:32 PM
Pretty sure whoever makes the Finals from the East is getting swept. After seeing the Hawks still fail to turn it around the Cavs were my hope for a great finals.

WaDe03
04-28-2015, 12:33 PM
Sucks for the Cavs. Kelly will never be welcomed in Cleveland lol. He pretty much ended their season. I don't think the Cavs come out of the East but if they do there's no way the beat the team out of the West.

prodigy
04-28-2015, 12:36 PM
Next season The NBA should not allow olynyk to travel with the team to Cleveland. For real it could be bad.

tredigs
04-28-2015, 12:36 PM
Sucks for the Cavs. Kelly will never be welcomed in Cleveland lol. He pretty much ended their season. I don't think the Cavs come out of the East but if they do there's no way the beat the team out of the West.

For sure they can still come out of the East. Hell, the Hawks are trying to scrape out of the 1st round and the Bulls still haven't shut the door on the Bucks. Who's scary in the East at all?

chi-townlove1
04-28-2015, 12:37 PM
You know, I don't think any team in the East will beat the Cavs even without Love. So as long as he's healthy for the finals then I'm cool with it.

Chicago is wildly inconsistent and we match up extremely well with them (not the other way around). I'd say Cavs in 5 with Love, but I'll say Cavs in 6 without him. Rose is just too inconsistent and they just aren't the same when he's not playing well.

Atlanta/Brooklyn/Washington don't concern me.

I think whatever happens, the series goes 7. I have this weird gut feeling that the Cavs will still beat my bulls. Im pretty disgusted with them right now. But side note - please don't look past the Wizards, I would NOT BE SURPRISED to see them beat the Hawks and then find a way to beat the Cavs/Bulls winner. Gortat and Nene would abuse the Cavs post, and Wall vs. Kyrie would be great.

chi-townlove1
04-28-2015, 12:40 PM
Next season The NBA should not allow olynyk to travel with the team to Cleveland. For real it could be bad.

That's foolish. This happened countless times in NBA history. You think the Bad Boys ever got scared going on the road after beating the **** out of players on the court? Nah, plenty of players seasons have been ended because of another player. If the Cavs seasons goes down the drain because of K-Love then maybe Cleveland fans should reevaluate their beliefs of him as a player. Because the duo of "king" and Kyrie are supposed to carry them through everything...

prodigy
04-28-2015, 12:45 PM
I don't think Gortat or Nene could abuse T-Mo and Thompson. I think people have this idea Thompson is a Bum lol. He was a double double machine last year and is one of the best rebounders in the game. I believe he's 3rd 0r 5th in offensive rebounds and all this while coming off the bench.

KnicksorBust
04-28-2015, 12:49 PM
I don't think Gortat or Nene could abuse T-Mo and Thompson. I think people have this idea Thompson is a Bum lol. He was a double double machine last year and is one of the best rebounders in the game. I believe he's 3rd 0r 5th in offensive rebounds and all this while coming off the bench.

He's also a seriously underrated defensive player...

prodigy
04-28-2015, 12:50 PM
That's foolish. This happened countless times in NBA history. You think the Bad Boys ever got scared going on the road after beating the **** out of players on the court? Nah, plenty of players seasons have been ended because of another player. If the Cavs seasons goes down the drain because of K-Love then maybe Cleveland fans should reevaluate their beliefs of him as a player. Because the duo of "king" and Kyrie are supposed to carry them through everything...

This is foolish.

I was kinda joking. But the comparison to the bad boys is horrible on ur part. I mean Lebron came back and nothing happened lol so clearly I'm not serious. But if olynyk is this sad scared innocent little puppy dog everyones making him out to be then maybe he shouldn't come. Because the abuse he's gonna hear will be insane.

prodigy
04-28-2015, 12:52 PM
He's also a seriously underrated defensive player...

Very true. He's nothing special but he moves well and works hard.

WaDe03
04-28-2015, 12:56 PM
For sure they can still come out of the East. Hell, the Hawks are trying to scrape out of the 1st round and the Bulls still haven't shut the door on the Bucks. Who's scary in the East at all?

Bulls, Hawks, and the Wizards could all possibly beat the Cavs without Love.

Tony_Starks
04-28-2015, 12:59 PM
Sucks for Love. As overrated as he is I still hate to see anybody get their free agent money messed up.

That's the end of his experiment in Cleveland, he goes out as a poor mans version of Bosh....except with no rings to show for it!

Vee-Rex
04-28-2015, 12:59 PM
Cleveland has to have some (not all) of the most passionate, miserable, dumb, emotional, heart-wrenching, loyal fans in sports, heh. They threw batteries/bottles at referees, burned jerseys, pissed on Modell's grave, rioted in streets after eliminating the Pistons in 2007, and all sorts of other crazy stuff.

I definitely would take a few extra cautionary measures if I was Olynyk the next time he comes here to Cleveland.

prodigy
04-28-2015, 01:00 PM
Bulls, Hawks, and the Wizards could all possibly beat the Cavs without Love.

Well ya this is the NBA everyone can possibly beat anyone.

WaDe03
04-28-2015, 01:06 PM
Well ya this is the NBA everyone can possibly beat anyone.

Ok well to rephrase, those 3 teams are better than the Cavs without Love.

SportsFanatic10
04-28-2015, 01:24 PM
Looks like that's it for Love the rest of the playoffs now...

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/28/cavs-gm-its-highly-unlikely-kevin-love-returns-at-all-in-playoffs-even-if-cavs-make-finals/

prodigy
04-28-2015, 02:21 PM
Ok well to rephrase, those 3 teams are better than the Cavs without Love.

That's ur opinion. I just don't bet against Lebron. Bulls don't look good at all right now. same with the Hawks. Wizards played a bad Raptors team that completely fell off the earth.

NYSpirit1
04-28-2015, 02:33 PM
That's ur opinion. I just don't bet against Lebron. Bulls don't look good at all right now. same with the Hawks. Wizards played a bad Raptors team that completely fell off the earth.

The Cavs won't come close to a title without Love. People want to downplay it, but I doubt they get past the Bulls bigs now. Mozgov, Perkins and Thompson against Noah, Gasol, Mirotic and Gibson?

Even if they do, are they going to beat Washington or Atlanta? And even if they do, there's virtually no chance they beat anyone out West with their roster as is.

HuRRiCaNeS324
04-28-2015, 02:36 PM
Does this increase or decrease the chances of Love returning?

Quinnsanity
04-28-2015, 02:37 PM
This actually works out pretty well for Love. When Cleveland loses maybe the fans will start respecting him.

PurpleLynch
04-28-2015, 02:41 PM
Looks like that's it for Love the rest of the playoffs now...

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/28/cavs-gm-its-highly-unlikely-kevin-love-returns-at-all-in-playoffs-even-if-cavs-make-finals/

Yes,I had this strange feelings that he could miss the entire playoffs.

IKnowHoops
04-28-2015, 02:45 PM
Could be a great chance for Bron to cement his legacy by doing the impossible and still winning a ring.

BDawk4Prez
04-28-2015, 02:46 PM
Just after he finally makes the playoffs....

prodigy
04-28-2015, 03:09 PM
The Cavs won't come close to a title without Love. People want to downplay it, but I doubt they get past the Bulls bigs now. Mozgov, Perkins and Thompson against Noah, Gasol, Mirotic and Gibson?

Even if they do, are they going to beat Washington or Atlanta? And even if they do, there's virtually no chance they beat anyone out West with their roster as is.

Mirotic has played like complete crap. isn't he shooting like 29% in postseason? and his regular season was far from impressive. So not sure why his name is in there.

Its not always about who has the bigger Name. Of course Bulls win that. but T-mo matches up great against Pau and Thompson does against noah. Also will most likely see Lebron play PF at times and ill take him at PF over all the Bulls Players. clearly.

I def think they beat Washington or the Hawks. West will be tough.

That's my opinions just like you have urs. Gotta wait and see now.

Bartlee23
04-28-2015, 03:10 PM
Chicago if you watched them this year never played very well at home and lost multiple games to teams they should have beat with lack of effort, poor coaching ( which in one of the reasons you hear controversy ) and injuries. Milwaukee has done an excellent job with their line-ups and just outhustling Chicago. Chicago came in thinking this was going to be a cake-walk and better wake-up before they get sent home.

Losing on Monday was probably the best thing that could of happen to them. It should send them a sense of urgency. Mirotic and Brooks were two huge bench players for Chicago during the year and with Mirotic being hurt and Brooks not being able to get off the bench due to match-up issues eliminates two players from Chicago's offense.

If Chicago is able to win this series they do match up better with Cleveland and with Love being out and Smith gone for two that may make Chicago the favorites but with the injuries, coaching and turnovers I don't know if I can say at this point I favor Chicago over anyone.

NYSpirit1
04-28-2015, 03:19 PM
Mirotic has played like complete crap. isn't he shooting like 29% in postseason? and his regular season was far from impressive. So not sure why his name is in there.

Its not always about who has the bigger Name. Of course Bulls win that. but T-mo matches up great against Pau and Thompson does against noah. Also will most likely see Lebron play PF at times and ill take him at PF over all the Bulls Players. clearly.

But that's not the point. The Bulls have incredible depth at PF / C. The Cavs have no one behind Mozgov and Thompson.

What people are failing to realize here in the Cavs bench is the worst in the playoffs now. Unless Mozgov/Thompson/LeBron/Shumpert/Irving are going to play 48 minutes each (and get gassed doing it) the first two games of the Bulls series, they're going to have a really tough time.

The Love injury was so crucial not only due to his stardom, but because Thompson is a quality big off the bench, now there are no bigs off the bench and no reliable wing players off the bench either until JR returns.

Everybody says LeBron, LeBron, LeBron. He had a ton of help on the Heat the past four seasons, their bench play was great, they have a ton of three point shooters surrounding everyone. They barely skated past the Pacers and Celtics in 2013 and 2012.

If LeBron doesn't have that supporting cast, do the Heat win ANY of those titles? They didn't in 2011, their title run in 2012 was directly correlated to the 7 game Boston series, 2013 they shouldn't have even beat the Spurs (but did because of Ray Allen, LeBron sucked down the stretch) and 2014 they didn't win.

Bartlee23
04-28-2015, 03:24 PM

You do know Mirotic has been injured correct? His regular season was also very impressive. If he wasn't from Europe he would have been one of the people in the running for Rookie of the Year.

Are you sure you know anything about him before you go making such an idiotic statement? If that is your opinion great, but you are clearly wrong.

L8kers4life
04-28-2015, 03:37 PM

You make some good points, but lets not forget, Atlanta is struggling to beat the nets and Bulls are struggling with Milwaukee, The Cavs will get to the finals pretty easily even without Love, because the reality is Cleveland will have the 2 best players in every series except for the west.
Think about it if he plays the Bulls Lebron is the best player Kyrie is second, than Pau, than Butler. Against the Hawks, Lebron, than Kyrie than everyone else. Wiz, Lebron, than its a toss up Wall or Kyrie. So Wiz will probably give the Cavs the most trouble, but Cavs have homecourt. Cavs easily in the finals only to get smashed by whoever they play.

tredigs
04-28-2015, 03:38 PM
You do know Mirotic has been injured correct? His regular season was also very impressive. If he wasn't from Europe he would have been one of the people in the running for Rookie of the Year.

Are you sure you know anything about him before you go making such an idiotic statement? If that is your opinion great, but you are clearly wrong.

Lol at if he was't from Europe. How annoying of a comment is that. Yes, all those 10/4.9/1 on 40% shooting in 20 MPG ROY's we see here in the NBA.

He had a couple good months, and was in the discussion for top 5, but simply wasn't given enough PT. Blame Thibs, not his homeland.

Bartlee23
04-28-2015, 03:59 PM
Didn't he lead the league in 4th quarter points at some point this year? " Blaming Thibs " is about one of the dumbest things I've read on here. If you knew anything about him he doesn't play rookies. Get a clue before you go running your mouth.

tredigs
04-28-2015, 04:09 PM
Didn't he lead the league in 4th quarter points at some point this year? " Blaming Thibs " is about one of the dumbest things I've read on here. If you knew anything about him he doesn't play rookies. Get a clue before you go running your mouth.

Do you think ROY voters care about 4th Q points over PPG/RPG/APG? "Blaming Thibs" is a joke, he plays his players as he sees fit. Who I really blame is you for being an ignorant dunce and assuming that his European background outweighs the massive MPG discrepancy.

Hawkeye15
04-28-2015, 04:18 PM
Love finally makes the playoffs, and he gets hurt. Kind of a bummer...

RaiderLakersA's
04-28-2015, 04:30 PM
Sucks for Love. But the East just got a little more competitive, I think.

Scoots
04-28-2015, 04:56 PM
Love out, JR Smith out for the first 2 ... how is it Perk didn't get suspended?

If the Cavs go down 0-2 to start the next round they won't win that series.

Without Love there are 4 teams in the west better than the Cavs.

Bartlee23
04-28-2015, 05:04 PM
Do you think ROY voters care about 4th Q points over PPG/RPG/APG? "Blaming Thibs" is a joke, he plays his players as he sees fit. Who I really blame is you for being an ignorant dunce and assuming that his European background outweighs the massive MPG discrepancy.

Do you really think Mirotic was going to come to Chicago and play minutes of someone on a lottery team? If you do then you're more of an " ignorant dunce" than your first statement. Again if you had a clue which you clearly do not. Mirotic was not going to come to Chicago and play any kind of significant minutes not only to the fact that he has Gasol and Gibson in front of him but also because he comes from Europe which is a totally different game plus Thibs does not play rookies period.

These are not opinions, they are facts. If it wasn't for His skill set he would have probably even sat even less than he did. You are also are also aware that Chicago had another rookie on the bench that didn't play at all correct? (Doug McDermott) I believe he was college player of the year and couldn't even get in the rotation.

Sorry buddy you are wrong. It has everything to do with Thibs. Also the reason why Hinrich even gets off the bench these days.

Munkeysuit
04-28-2015, 05:20 PM
Tons of great opinions! seems like everyone has such great insight...but if there was one thing I've learned outside of using logic and number crunching along with matchups and star players to determine success in the NBA, is I'll never again bet against Lebron James.
You guys can say anything you want, make any opinion you please, but the Cavs have Lebron ...even Vegas knows this.

tredigs
04-28-2015, 05:20 PM
Do you really think Mirotic was going to come to Chicago and play minutes of someone on a lottery team? If you do then you're more of an " ignorant dunce" than your first statement. Again if you had a clue which you clearly do not. Mirotic was not going to come to Chicago and play any kind of significant minutes not only to the fact that he has Gasol and Gibson in front of him but also because he comes from Europe which is a totally different game plus Thibs does not play rookies period.

These are not opinions, they are facts. If it wasn't for His skill set he would have probably even sat even less than he did. You are also are also aware that Chicago had another rookie on the bench that didn't play at all correct? (Doug McDermott) I believe he was college player of the year and couldn't even get in the rotation.

Sorry buddy you are wrong. It has everything to do with Thibs. Also the reason why Hinrich even gets off the bench these days.

God dude we are so far off topic here because of your trolling little comment. I'll summarize it for you. He did not win ROY because he did not play enough minutes to seriously compete for it. End of discussion kid. It had nothing to do with him being Euro and voters somehow having a bias against that.

Bartlee23
04-28-2015, 05:48 PM
First of all I am not a kid and probably older than you. Second you are quite clearly the troll. You responded to me, I didn't respond to you. There were several articles from sports writers/ experts claiming if it wasn't for Mirotic's age/experience in Europe he would definitely be in the running for ROY.

From your comments /posts you clearly have no clue on how Thibs runs his teams. Rookies just don't play period. He was up against a lack of playing plus being in a situation where minutes were going to be earned, not given like the lottery teams. I'm done with this conversation. If you want to believe that he didn't deserve it ( I don't think he did either but top 3-4 ) fine that is your opinion but there is a bias towards the fact that he is in 24 and played in Europe whether you want to admit it or not. Agree to disagree.

tredigs
04-28-2015, 06:03 PM
I find it funny after the comment about him being Euro as the reason he doesn't get votes, you then shift it to a discussion as to why Thibs didn't get him minutes. I don't care why he didn't get the minutes, neither do the voters. Rookie Of The Years play starters minutes. Always. At no point in history has there been a ROY playing <29 minutes a game. He played 20. That is why he didn't get serious consideration. You made a dumb comment. Stop digging.

Bartlee23
04-28-2015, 06:51 PM
I find it funny after the comment about him being Euro as the reason he doesn't get votes, you then shift it to a discussion as to why Thibs didn't get him minutes. I don't care why he didn't get the minutes, neither do the voters. Rookie Of The Years play starters minutes. Always. At no point in history has there been a ROY playing <29 minutes a game. He played 20. That is why he didn't get serious consideration. You made a dumb comment. Stop digging.

I'll bite. Pretty ironic calling someone a "troll" when they can't stop running their mouth when you cant form a clear thought. You were the moron who wrote "blame Thibs, not Europe " go back and read what you posted before you continue to spew your opinions. Was the award even given out yet? Lets see where he falls before your "theory " comes into place. Keep coming it's almost comical now. Do you even watch Chicago basketball?

Scoots
04-28-2015, 07:17 PM
I don't care for the tone, but I agree that Mirotic won't get rookie of the year and the biggest reason is limited minutes and the person who controls his minutes is Thibs. That seems totally reasonable to me.

He simple has not played enough to warrant the award regardless of where he's from or how old he is.

Stunner
04-28-2015, 09:44 PM
@BenGolliver: Kevin Love was a part of every '14-15 Cavaliers lineup that played >75 mins. How lineups w/ Love replacements fared: http://t.co/j72ng0Pha0

tredigs
04-28-2015, 09:49 PM
@BenGolliver: Kevin Love was a part of every '14-15 Cavaliers lineup that played >75 mins. How lineups w/ Love replacements fared: http://t.co/j72ng0Pha0

Those sample sizes are way too small to draw any conclusions, but clearly losing Love matters a lot, despite all the criticism he gets.

krazylegz
04-28-2015, 10:45 PM
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh,but cavs will still win the title

Jayb587
04-29-2015, 02:28 AM
You make some good points, but lets not forget, Atlanta is struggling to beat the nets and Bulls are struggling with Milwaukee, The Cavs will get to the finals pretty easily even without Love, because the reality is Cleveland will have the 2 best players in every series except for the west.
Think about it if he plays the Bulls Lebron is the best player Kyrie is second, than Pau, than Butler. Against the Hawks, Lebron, than Kyrie than everyone else. Wiz, Lebron, than its a toss up Wall or Kyrie. So Wiz will probably give the Cavs the most trouble, but Cavs have homecourt. Cavs easily in the finals only to get smashed by whoever they play.

wrong. best 10 players in the series in order

1. Lebron
2. Jimmy Buckets
3. Kyrie
4. Pau
5. Drose
6. Noah
7. Mozgov
8. Tristan Thompson
9. Taj
10.Miro

prodigy
04-29-2015, 08:51 AM
But that's not the point. The Bulls have incredible depth at PF / C. The Cavs have no one behind Mozgov and Thompson.

What people are failing to realize here in the Cavs bench is the worst in the playoffs now. Unless Mozgov/Thompson/LeBron/Shumpert/Irving are going to play 48 minutes each (and get gassed doing it) the first two games of the Bulls series, they're going to have a really tough time.

The Love injury was so crucial not only due to his stardom, but because Thompson is a quality big off the bench, now there are no bigs off the bench and no reliable wing players off the bench either until JR returns.

Everybody says LeBron, LeBron, LeBron. He had a ton of help on the Heat the past four seasons, their bench play was great, they have a ton of three point shooters surrounding everyone. They barely skated past the Pacers and Celtics in 2013 and 2012.

If LeBron doesn't have that supporting cast, do the Heat win ANY of those titles? They didn't in 2011, their title run in 2012 was directly correlated to the 7 game Boston series, 2013 they shouldn't have even beat the Spurs (but did because of Ray Allen, LeBron sucked down the stretch) and 2014 they didn't win.

I take it you have zero faith in Marion, Perkins or Jones? I'm not gonna put Miller in there because he played really bad in the regular season. He is a vet though whos been there done that. Smith will be back for Game 3 as well.

Well when u have 3 max contract guys Ur depth will never be ''great'' for clear reasons.

As you and I know come playoffs Coaches really only wanna use what 8-9 guys tops. Those are the guys they trust the most. Cavs losing 2 people hurts, But starting 5 along with Delly, Jones, Marions and Perkins are all guys Blatt and I trust to play their roles.

prodigy
04-29-2015, 08:56 AM

Injured? says he's played. 29% from the floor. Everyone gets banged up this is the pros. if you play you are expected to contribute.

Regular season as a PF he shot 40% from floor and 31% from 3. I'm watched quite a few Bulls games and he's consistently not good. once in awhile he will have a nice game.

prodigy
04-29-2015, 09:09 AM
wrong. best 10 players in the series in order

1. Lebron
2. Jimmy Buckets
3. Kyrie
4. Pau
5. Drose
6. Noah
7. Mozgov
8. Tristan Thompson
9. Taj
10.Miro

I hate when people do this because ur pretty much comparing all these players. The only thing we know for Sure Lebron is the Best player on Earth as of now. Other then that ur comparing SG/SF to PGs, Centers to PGs etc... They are all asked to do different things.

If I need a PG im taking Irving over Jimmy. see what I mean. if I want defensive center I'm taking T-mo over
Pau and Noah. (Noah kinda lost a step in my opinion.)

Plus also gotta look at the matchups. Ya Butler can light middleton up for 30 a few times but Shump and or Lebron are really good defenders.

Bartlee23
04-29-2015, 06:43 PM
Injured? says he's played. 29% from the floor. Everyone gets banged up this is the pros. if you play you are expected to contribute.

Regular season as a PF he shot 40% from floor and 31% from 3. I'm watched quite a few Bulls games and he's consistently not good. once in awhile he will have a nice game.

Please don't tell me you're this stupid. Mirotic was clearly injured in the first round of the play-offs and had been a shell of himself. He shot 40% from the field because this is his first year in the league and a majority of his shots come from either the three point line or pretty close to it. Lebron shot 41% his first year in the league. Not comparing him but I'll bet you anything more than half his shots did not come from there all the time.

Everyone does get banged up, you are correct but he couldn't even put any weight on it. Please stop.

Bartlee23
04-29-2015, 06:46 PM
I hate when people do this because ur pretty much comparing all these players. The only thing we know for Sure Lebron is the Best player on Earth as of now. Other then that ur comparing SG/SF to PGs, Centers to PGs etc... They are all asked to do different things.

If I need a PG im taking Irving over Jimmy. see what I mean. if I want defensive center I'm taking T-mo over
Pau and Noah. (Noah kinda lost a step in my opinion.)

Plus also gotta look at the matchups. Ya Butler can light middleton up for 30 a few times but Shump and or Lebron are really good defenders.

If you are taking " T-Mo" over Noah or Gasol than you have just won the award for the stupidest poster on here. Opinions are like what....

Scoots
04-29-2015, 10:42 PM
If you are taking " T-Mo" over Noah or Gasol than you have just won the award for the stupidest poster on here. Opinions are like what....

No need to troll.

bucketss
04-29-2015, 10:55 PM
is it weird that i would still have the cavs in the finals even without kyrie?

DaBear
04-29-2015, 10:58 PM
Cleveland isn't going to the finals

bucketss
04-29-2015, 11:12 PM
Cleveland isn't going to the finals

first thing that pops into my mind is "whos gonna stop them",

Bartlee23
04-29-2015, 11:34 PM
You're right, my apologies. I just thought that was a silly comment. Taking him over an all-star and former DPOY in my opinion just didn't make sense.

Scoots
04-30-2015, 12:29 AM
You're right, my apologies. I just thought that was a silly comment. Taking him over an all-star and former DPOY in my opinion just didn't make sense.

That I agree with. :)

prodigy
05-01-2015, 10:43 AM
Please don't tell me you're this stupid. Mirotic was clearly injured in the first round of the play-offs and had been a shell of himself. He shot 40% from the field because this is his first year in the league and a majority of his shots come from either the three point line or pretty close to it. Lebron shot 41% his first year in the league. Not comparing him but I'll bet you anything more than half his shots did not come from there all the time.

Everyone does get banged up, you are correct but he couldn't even put any weight on it. Please stop.

Lebron had a slightly better all around game then Mirotic lol. Then he shouldn't be playing? if he's hurting the team then sit him. He was healthy enough to play so I expect you to contribute.

prodigy
05-01-2015, 10:46 AM

For not reading what I said you have just won the award for moron who can't read of the year. congrats.

T-mo is def a better defender then Gasol or this seasons Noah. That's easy.

Bartlee23
05-01-2015, 05:55 PM
Lebron had a slightly better all around game then Mirotic lol. Then he shouldn't be playing? if he's hurting the team then sit him. He was healthy enough to play so I expect you to contribute.

look I apologized for the way I spoke, it was uncalled for. However Mirotic was not brought in to be the savior of the team and yet still placed second in ROTY. He was 6-7th man at best off the bench and still performed better than a lot of players in the league.

He did shoot a low percentage from the field but again his game is from the outside and I will bet you anything you'd like that his shooting percentage will continue to increase with more experience in the league. He's a great shooter, there's no doubting that.

The thing was as far as his injury goes, if you saw the game he was clearly hurt. He could put absolutely no weight on it and basically had to be carried. If this were the regular season I would expect he would miss multiple games and appears at this point to be almost put in the game to get other a breather. If you don't believe that fine, I really don't care. I would bet others agree with me though.

Bartlee23
05-01-2015, 06:10 PM
For not reading what I said you have just won the award for moron who can't read of the year. congrats.

T-mo is def a better defender then Gasol or this seasons Noah. That's easy.

See here is the problem with what you said, I did read what you posted and again, I shouldn't have posted the way I did but if that's your opinion fine. In my opinion you are wrong. Gasol is a better defender/offensive player posting almost 19 pts. a game, career high in rebounds 11.8 and 1.9 blocks a game. Noah comes in at 7pts,almost 10 rebounds and 1 block a game. Even though he has been injured the whole season.

Your boy averages 11 points a game,7 rebounds and 1 block a game. Hustle even thought Noah has been injured clearly goes to Noah/Gasol, they are two of the best big men passers in the game and Gasol has been an all-star this year and gave Chicago a whole new dimension. The funny thing is I have another poster even agreeing with me and have yet to see anyone agree with you?

DitchDat
05-02-2015, 08:00 AM
I wonder what happens with him in the offseason.

prodigy
05-02-2015, 10:21 AM
He did shoot a low percentage from the field but again his game is from the outside and I will bet you anything you'd like that his shooting percentage will continue to increase with more experience in the league. He's a great shooter, there's no doubting that.

My point is you included him when talking about players who will be giving Mo and Thompson a hard time. I just disagree. You may be right that he turns out to be really good. But this season he was blah and in the 1st round he was dog poop. That's my point.

He may very well be hurt but he's playing right? if u play you need to contribute.

prodigy
05-02-2015, 10:27 AM
See here is the problem with what you said, I did read what you posted and again, I shouldn't have posted the way I did but if that's your opinion fine. In my opinion you are wrong. Gasol is a better defender/offensive player posting almost 19 pts. a game, career high in rebounds 11.8 and 1.9 blocks a game. Noah comes in at 7pts,almost 10 rebounds and 1 block a game. Even though he has been injured the whole season.

Your boy averages 11 points a game,7 rebounds and 1 block a game. Hustle even thought Noah has been injured clearly goes to Noah/Gasol, they are two of the best big men passers in the game and Gasol has been an all-star this year and gave Chicago a whole new dimension. The funny thing is I have another poster even agreeing with me and have yet to see anyone agree with you?

Another poster agreed with you when you mis-quoted me. he agreed that Gasol and Noah were better players then Mo. I agree with u too that was not what I said lol. Gasol gets 2 blocks a game but he's still ehh on defense. just because he blocks PGs driving don't make him better then Mo. Mo changes so many shots every game. I love his defense a lot. He's the reason Cavs are top 10 in defense since getting him lol.

Bartlee23
05-02-2015, 11:13 AM
My point is you included him when talking about players who will be giving Mo and Thompson a hard time. I just disagree. You may be right that he turns out to be really good. But this season he was blah and in the 1st round he was dog poop. That's my point.

He may very well be hurt but he's playing right? if u play you need to contribute.

Where did I say they'd be "giving them a hard time" your whole theory was Mirotic had a bad year since he "shot 40% the whole year" and "had a couple of good games" Lebron shot 41% his rookie year with a majority of shots coming within the paint. That's not Mirotic's game. Again I am not comparing tham as players but anyone with any basketball knowledge would know if a majority of your shots came from the three point line or close to your percentage will not be high.

I don't think you really understand that the guy is hurt and at this point are looking to just troll. Look how many minutes he has played since the injury. What did you expect him to do? He is at this point not going to be a guy playing 30 minutes a game. He is a rookie on a contender, not some scrub on a lottery team. I don't remember seeing you when Lebron left Cleveland. Were you one of those Miami haters that transformed back when he came back? I'm done with you sir. You have been placed on my blocked list for trolling.

Bartlee23
05-02-2015, 11:17 AM
[QUOTE=prodigy;29901871]Another poster agreed with you when you mis-quoted me. he agreed that Gasol and Noah were better players then Mo. I agree with u too that was not what I said lol. Gasol gets 2 blocks a game but he's still ehh on defense. just because he blocks PGs driving don't make him better then Mo. Mo changes so many shots every game. I love his defense a lot. He's the reason Cavs are top 10 in defense since getting him lol.[/QUOTE

Great YOU love his defense. I and many others would rather have 2 of the best 7 footers in the league who play far better defense with hustle and constantly a top defensive team despite injuries. Better in all aspects of the game.

Vee-Rex
05-02-2015, 11:22 AM
I'm blocking you BUTIGOTTAMAKESUREIGETTHELASTWORDINFIRST

prodigy
05-02-2015, 01:43 PM
Ur just looking to argue I'm done.