kdspurman
04-23-2015, 10:08 AM

lakerfan85
04-23-2015, 10:12 AM
Well deserved in my opinion..

BKLYNpigeon
04-23-2015, 10:20 AM
well deserved.

Draymond was close and had more 1st place votes too.

KobeOwnSU
04-23-2015, 10:25 AM
Congrats to Kawhi and the Spurs...Maybe he will win one in perple and gold soon. ?

Jarvo
04-23-2015, 10:27 AM
Congrats to Kawhi and the Spurs...Maybe he will win one in perple and gold soon. ?

Stop it lol, But congrats Kawhi!!! The Klaw

dhopisthename
04-23-2015, 10:28 AM
wow that is interesting that draymond had more 1st place votes, but because kawhi got more 2nd and 3rd he won.

ManningToTyree
04-23-2015, 10:28 AM
I was fine with either green or Leonard

AlexTmz2
04-23-2015, 10:30 AM
Well deserved! This just made my day. :):clap:

BKLYNpigeon
04-23-2015, 10:32 AM
Sketchy Voting in my opinion.

Draymond got 16 less votes then Kawai.

I don't know how 16 voters could leave Draymond off the ballot with the season he is having. smh.

Hawkeye15
04-23-2015, 10:34 AM
Interesting. Good for KL, he is a great defender. I actually thought Draymond was going to win it. Oh well

jerellh528
04-23-2015, 10:34 AM
Congrats well deserved

Longhornfan1234
04-23-2015, 10:44 AM
Draymond was robbed.

lincecum=future
04-23-2015, 10:48 AM
I was fine with Kerr not winning but Draymond just got ROBBED. I just find it hard to believe that Green did not receive a vote on 42 ballots while Leonard was left off on only 26 ballots. I feel sorry for Anthony Davis tonight because I know Draymond is going to take this snub personally.

Gotta mean Curry is a lock for MVP over Harden or something just ain't right here.

BKLYNpigeon
04-23-2015, 11:05 AM
I was fine with Kerr not winning but Draymond just got ROBBED. I just find it hard to believe that Green did not receive a vote on 42 ballots while Leonard was left off on only 26 ballots. I feel sorry for Anthony Davis tonight because I know Draymond is going to take this snub personally.

Gotta mean Curry is a lock for MVP over Harden or something just ain't right here.

It happened to Kerr and Draymond. I think Curry will lose the same way.

Who the hell is voting?

Sactown
04-23-2015, 11:13 AM
Not sure how a guy who almost missed 20 games wins it but congratulations to KL

NYKnickFanatic
04-23-2015, 11:16 AM
Congrats to Kawhi! Future is bright. NBA Champion, Finals MVP and now DPOY!

Scoots
04-23-2015, 11:17 AM
I think the maximum missed games to be eligible should be 10.

No doubt Leonard is a great great defender, but missing 18 games he was not as big a part of his team's success, also for a number of the games he didn't miss he wasn't a great defender at all. It helps to finish strong to win these awards.

SportsFanatic10
04-23-2015, 11:26 AM
Well deserved...I like seeing a wing player getting the award. Kinda weird he made up most of his advantage on Green with 2nd place votes though.

dalton749
04-23-2015, 11:27 AM
Looool he was a massive part of his teams success. In the 18 games he missed the Spurs were 9-9, the games he played 46-18, enough wins to reach the playoffs anyway.
Well deserved

KobeOwnSU
04-23-2015, 11:35 AM
Wow their is some hate going on in here:

Firstly, how was Green robbed when he lost to the best defender in the league? Not just wing defender, the best at any position.

Second, to say he wasn't a part of the Spurs success because he missed 20 games is ludicrous. Look at their record over the best two years. When Kawhi plays they are the best in the league, when he doesn't they are average. His defense is the main reason which makes the hate in here so dumb to begin with.

Kaner
04-23-2015, 11:37 AM
Best defensive player in the NBA, I thought Draymond would win it because of the extra PT and health(and being a top 5 defender in the NBA) but this is definitely well deserved.

Longhornfan1234
04-23-2015, 11:43 AM
Leonard is already lock in the HOF. Ring, DPOY, and Finals MVP at the age 23. Duncan might have had the best supporting cast in history.

lincecum=future
04-23-2015, 11:45 AM
Wow their is some hate going on in here:

Firstly, how was Green robbed when he lost to the best defender in the league? Not just wing defender, the best at any position.

Second, to say he wasn't a part of the Spurs success because he missed 20 games is ludicrous. Look at their record over the best two years. When Kawhi plays they are the best in the league, when he doesn't they are average. His defense is the main reason which makes the hate in here so dumb to begin with.

No the fact that he missed 20 games and still won DPOY is ludicrous. Everyone knows how good of a defender he is but missing 1/4th of a season? No way he should win.

lincecum=future
04-23-2015, 11:47 AM
Leonard is already lock in the HOF. Ring, DPOY, and Finals MVP at the age 23. Duncan might have had the best supporting cast in history.

I can't tell if you're joking or not. What a laughable statement.

bgdreton
04-23-2015, 11:48 AM
I'm sorry this is a joke... As much as I enjoy Kawhi he should not have won it. Anyone who misses a quarter of the season should not win any award. Draymond will go on a defensive tear. I'm excited to see what he does now and/or say.

Longhornfan1234
04-23-2015, 11:49 AM
I can't tell if you're joking or not. What a laughable statement.

What's a joke?

kdspurman
04-23-2015, 11:51 AM

This year? :eyebrow:

He has had good teams, but wouldn't quite call them the best in history.

lincecum=future
04-23-2015, 11:52 AM
That anyone after 4 seasons is a "lock for the hall of fame"

KobeOwnSU
04-23-2015, 12:01 PM

I like Kawhi but I agree. His career trajectory does look good though.

Verbal Christ
04-23-2015, 12:08 PM
But ... But ... Draymond Green was a lock? GS snubbed again?

RLundi
04-23-2015, 12:10 PM
I wonder if Bogut took away some of Green's votes.

Either way, I think the correct call was made. Leonard is the NBA's best defender. A little iffy due to games played, but I think the right choice was made here.

Longhornfan1234
04-23-2015, 12:21 PM
This year? :eyebrow:

He has had good teams, but wouldn't quite call them the best in history.
Duncan through out his entire career yes. Duncan has played with 4 FB HOFERs(Leonard will most likely be in) and HOF coach

Longhornfan1234
04-23-2015, 12:23 PM

What player who won Finals MVP and DPOY didn't make the HOF?

nastynice
04-23-2015, 12:28 PM
aw damn, Leonard is great and very deserving, but now the second warrior to come in second in a category I think they shoulda won. Now I'm a bit worried about Curry's MVP status.

torocan
04-23-2015, 12:32 PM
I'm okay with this one. Folks can argue over whether he was deserving of DPOY vs (insert player here), but he's definitely top 2 and only the most intransigent would argue that he's not top 3.

1st or 2nd would both have been fine.

All said, Kawhi is getting paid...

kdspurman
04-23-2015, 12:33 PM
aw damn, Leonard is great and very deserving, but now the second warrior to come in second in a category I think they shoulda won. Now I'm a bit worried about Curry's MVP status.

I think Curry will definitely win it. Though, I thought Green would get this w/Kawhi 2nd, but only cause he missed 18 games so who knows. And more voters chose Green for 1st probably for that reason.

But I think Curry will get MVP.

Scoots
04-23-2015, 12:35 PM

Who said Leonard wasn't a part of the Spurs success?

PhillyFaninLA
04-23-2015, 12:36 PM

As fans we all have our crosses to bare and need to suck it up sometimes...I mean Noles only got 1 - 3rd place vote

KobeOwnSU
04-23-2015, 12:37 PM

Who said Leonard wasn't a part of the Spurs success?

Read the whole thread and see.

futureman
04-23-2015, 12:39 PM
Draymond Green was robbed. That's all there is too it.

Sadds The Gr8
04-23-2015, 01:00 PM
Thought DJ was gonna win because the media are a lot of casual fans. Thought draymond deserved it more than kawhi because he played in way more games. Kawhi is a dpoy quality player but missed too many games for my liking. Him winning is better than DJ tho

mngopher35
04-23-2015, 01:20 PM
I thought green was going to win as well due to the time missed by khawi. Congrats to him though, it's a bit rare for wings to win the award now.

SPURSFAN1
04-23-2015, 01:23 PM
I'm sorry this is a joke... As much as I enjoy Kawhi he should not have won it. Anyone who misses a quarter of the season should not win any award. Draymond will go on a defensive tear. I'm excited to see what he does now and/or say.

Get lost. lol

ewing
04-23-2015, 01:30 PM
He is by far the defensive player in the NBA. If you have issue with him winning its b/c you are a homer

J_M_B
04-23-2015, 01:36 PM
DeAndre Jordan seriously got 32 first place votes??

Avenged
04-23-2015, 01:38 PM
Agree with the HOF statement.

flea
04-23-2015, 01:42 PM
Could have gone to any of the top 4 candidates IMO (Green, Leonard, Duncan, Gasol). I'm almost glad Duncan didn't even if he was probably more valuable than Kawhi this year; I think it's a funny NBA ephemera that perhaps the greatest defensive player that ever lived never won a DPOY.

D-Leethal
04-23-2015, 01:47 PM
Draymond would have gotten my vote but nobody was getting robbed this year - it was a crapshoot and a few different guys could have won it without much argument. I love Kawhi and the Spurs so I'm happy he won.

Chronz
04-23-2015, 01:50 PM
Thats a really tight race, closest in recent memory.

bgdreton
He is by far the defensive player in the NBA. If you have issue with him winning its b/c you are a homer

Really how? His drtg was 96 and draymond was 97. Leonard plays the wings better however the draymond plays the bigs better. Most other categories are close as hell plus Kawhi missed 18 games. How in the hell does he get more 1st place votes but get left off of 43 ballots? But guys like Whiteside and Beverly get votes over him on the ballots he was off. I believe 64 games is the lowest amount of games needed to play to win the award. Really no homerism here it just doesn't make sense. He has been just as vital to the warriors success as Kawhi has been to the spurs. I really like Kawhi as I stated before but it just doesn't add up. Ohh andGreen played on the best defensive team in the league.

kdspurman
DeAndre Jordan seriously got 32 first place votes??

Doc Rivers was lobbying for him

bgdreton
04-23-2015, 01:53 PM

Get lost. lol

Ummm ok????

lincecum=future
04-23-2015, 01:54 PM

What player who won Finals MVP and DPOY didn't make the HOF?

No idea. But that's highly irrelevant any way. He's well on his way but seriously absurd to say he's a lock at this point.

colinskik
04-23-2015, 02:13 PM
There are several points that need to be examined:

1. How does a player who gets the most first place votes not win the award? (Side note: What is the purpose of voting on second and third place?)

2. There needs to be a games played minimum in order to win.

3. How does DJ not win? Perhaps I've been colored by media bias, but I'm of the opinion that a big man who plays D is more valuable than a forward or guard because they can correct a team's defensive mistakes.

4. Anyone notice that Kawhi always fouls when he makes an attempt at a steal? I've seen it so many times it's hard to pinpoint certain situations. Grabbing someone's wrist will more likely than not give you an opportunity to wind up with the ball.

Chronz
04-23-2015, 02:14 PM
Really how? His drtg was 96 and draymond was 97. Leonard plays the wings better however the draymond plays the bigs better. Most other categories are close as hell plus Kawhi missed 18 games. How in the hell does he get more 1st place votes but get left off of 43 ballots? But guys like Whiteside and Beverly get votes over him on the ballots he was off. I believe 64 games is the lowest amount of games needed to play to win the award. Really no homerism here it just doesn't make sense. He has been just as vital to the warriors success as Kawhi has been to the spurs. I really like Kawhi as I stated before but it just doesn't add up. Ohh andGreen played on the best defensive team in the league.

Wish we knew who the voters were. Im willing to bet its all the old school traditionalists that dont buy into Green.

ewing
04-23-2015, 02:16 PM

where are you from?

tredigs
04-23-2015, 02:21 PM
Lol yeah, Green getting left off 43 ballots is ridiculous. I know we saw the one voter who admitted "he forgot" and then was told he could not alter his choice after submission, but the other 42? I suppose I can see why Kawhi was left off his smaller share of ballots for those that aren't a fan of all the minutes he missed. I'm looking at prior DPOY's, and he has the lowest total minutes ever played for a winner.

I would say Draymond got pretty hosed on this one on account of the fact that he had 20% more 1st place votes, but was simply left off more ballots entirely. Doesn't have the name. Oh well, Leonard's an absolute beast, could've been a worse choice.

tredigs
04-23-2015, 02:26 PM
Basically, if I had a vote I'd have probably flipped a coin (not really) between Kawhi/Green, but there's no scenario where the other one wasn't #2.

Burkey3472
04-23-2015, 02:27 PM
Both were pretty deserving, so it's hard to say Draymond was robbed. Kawhi missing 20 games would have had me leaning towards the Draymond side but I can't say I fault people for voting for Kawhi.

bgdreton
04-23-2015, 02:28 PM
where are you from?[/QUOTE]

Really come man that's not the point because I have facts that back my reason for believing he was snubbed. Green was also number 1 in the league on guarding isolation plays giving up fewer points per possession than yes your DPOY. Kawhi wasn't even top 20 in that category. Thats man to man on ball defense and the DPOY wasn't top 20??? Really?

Shady66
04-23-2015, 02:29 PM
Could have been green, DJ, bogut, or kawhi, either way no wrong answer

NYKnickFanatic
04-23-2015, 02:30 PM
If Curry doesn't win MVP, someone better have Riot Control on standby.

SPURSFAN1
04-23-2015, 02:31 PM
where are you from?

Really come man that's not the point because I have facts that back my reason for believing he was snubbed. Green was also number 1 in the league on guarding isolation plays giving up fewer points per possession than yes your DPOY. Kawhi wasn't even top 20 in that category. Thats man to man on ball defense and the DPOY wasn't top 20??? Really?[/QUOTE]

He had the best defensive rating in the league as a wing. lol

SPURSFAN1
04-23-2015, 02:32 PM
He also made the warriors look like minced meat. lol

tredigs
04-23-2015, 02:33 PM
This guy might be my favorite twitter follow ever -

bgdreton

Wish we knew who the voters were. Im willing to bet its all the old school traditionalists that dont buy into Green.

Ya maybe so Kawhi is still a top tier overall player I just don't believe they got it correct here that's all.

SPURSFAN1
1 in Steals 1 in Defensive Rating 2 in DRPM

bgdreton
04-23-2015, 02:37 PM
where are you from?

Really come man that's not the point because I have facts that back my reason for believing he was snubbed. Green was also number 1 in the league on guarding isolation plays giving up fewer points per possession than yes your DPOY. Kawhi wasn't even top 20 in that category. Thats man to man on ball defense and the DPOY wasn't top 20??? Really?

He had the best defensive rating in the league as a wing. lol[/QUOTE]

Ok green was right behind and didn't miss 18 games. So how is he not top 20 in isolation plays if he is all worldly on D?

IversonIsKrazy
04-23-2015, 02:38 PM
He did miss 18 games, but you look at the impact of Leonard has on Spurs, its pretty amazing. I believe he led the league this season in defensive rating as well. Best perimeter defender in the league, can't hate.

ewing
04-23-2015, 02:42 PM
where are you from?

Really come man that's not the point because I have facts that back my reason for believing he was snubbed. Green was also number 1 in the league on guarding isolation plays giving up fewer points per possession than yes your DPOY. Kawhi wasn't even top 20 in that category. Thats man to man on ball defense and the DPOY wasn't top 20??? Really?[/QUOTE]

sure it is. you are a homer. Kwai defends the 1,2, and 3 better then anyone in the NBA. His coach moves him all over the floor to match him on the player he want shut down. Remember a week or so ago when he was defending Mr Curry. I think i recall him doing a pretty good job on a guy name LeBron too. Impressive, also guys that are going to buckets on isos. The only thing you said was that Green defended bigs better. So what? Last time i checked Leonard could to a nice job on 4s for a wing and had Tim Duncan, Splitter, Diaw, and Baynes on his team. I am also pretty that most big time offensive players in this league play on the 1,2, or 3. Leonard is the best defender in this league. If you have issue with him winning this award you are a homer.

Scoots
04-23-2015, 02:42 PM
Read the whole thread and see.

I did and didn't see anyone say he wasn't part of the Spurs success.

tredigs
04-23-2015, 02:44 PM
Can you ****ers figure out how to quote? lol.. ^

ewing
04-23-2015, 02:46 PM
He had the best defensive rating in the league as a wing. lol

Ok green was right behind and didn't miss 18 games. So how is he not top 20 in isolation plays if he is all worldly on D?[/QUOTE]

he is a grasping. If someone is going to act like Leonard is not a GREAT defender you know they are just a homer. Not one non warriors fan has a problem with this. Green had a great- if he had gotten it, i would have said good for him but no way he got robbed.

bgdreton
04-23-2015, 02:46 PM
He did miss 18 games, but you look at the impact of Leonard has on Spurs, its pretty amazing. I believe he led the league this season in defensive rating as well. Best perimeter defender in the league, can't hate.

That's the thing I'm not hating I'm just stating facts. I agree he has had a major impact on the spurs since coming back. When Bogut went down earlier in the year and Green was playing center our Defense rating actually went up. Name me another team that could loose a 7 footer for and extended period of time and plug a 6'7" guy in and actually get better on defense? ?? I would argue that possibility the masses are the ones hatin.

SPURSFAN1
04-23-2015, 02:50 PM
Best defender in the league. Deal with it. He made the warriors defense look nonexistent.

LAKERS4LIFE!!
04-23-2015, 02:51 PM
If Curry doesn't win MVP, Warrior fans are going to go crazy lol

tredigs
04-23-2015, 02:51 PM
ewing being a clown as usual. It's not as if Kawhi's case was iron clad. He missed more time than any DPOY ever. That makes an objective, non-debatable effect on how much defensive value you bring to your team. He's a great choice imo, but most people did not feel he was the best choice. They simply left Green off more ballots entirely.

I'm good with him winning, just not particularly impressed with how the voting was cast.

And by default, all the voters who left Kawhi off the top 3 must also be Warriors homers I guess.

ewing
04-23-2015, 02:52 PM
That's the thing I'm not hating I'm just stating facts. I agree he has had a major impact on the spurs since coming back. When Bogut went down earlier in the year and Green was playing center our Defense rating actually went up. Name me another team that could loose a 7 footer for and extended period of time and plug a 6'7" guy in and actually get better on defense? ?? I would argue that possibility the masses are the ones hatin.

explain to me how team defensive rating is calculated? If you can't you don't have a point. Your boy Green is a heck of a player and i would have been mad if he got but Kwia is better and he got despite missing some games.

ewing
04-23-2015, 02:53 PM
ewing being a clown as usual. It's not as if Kawhi's case was iron clad. He missed more time than any DPOY ever. That makes an objective, non-debatable effect on how much defensive value you bring to your team. He's a great choice imo, but most people did not feel he was the best choice. They simply left Green off more ballots entirely.

I'm good with him winning, just not particularly impressed with how the voting was cast.

i am only taking issue with the people saying Green was robbed. No he wasn't and its only warriors says saying it.

bgdreton
04-23-2015, 02:54 PM
sure it is. you are a homer. Kwai defends the 1,2, and 3 better then anyone in the NBA. His coach moves him all over the floor to match him on the player he want shut down. Remember a week or so ago when he was defending Mr Curry. I think i recall him doing a pretty good job on a guy name LeBron too. Impressive, also guys that are going to buckets on isos. The only thing you said was that Green defended bigs better. So what? Last time i checked Leonard could to a nice job on 4s for a wing and had Tim Duncan, Splitter, Diaw, and Baynes on his team. I am also pretty that most big time offensive players in this league play on the 1,2, or 3. Leonard is the best defender in this league. If you have issue with him winning this award you are a homer.[/QUOTE]

Naw you act like green doesn't guard 1 2 and 3s??? We switch pretty much everything and he ends up guarding those positions as well. Why is Kawhi so low on isolation plays then??? Other sf and sg are ranked better than him. Yet green dominated in probably one of the best categories to show a true on ball defender without the help of the team around him... riddle me that..

ewing
04-23-2015, 02:56 PM
sure it is. you are a homer. Kwai defends the 1,2, and 3 better then anyone in the NBA. His coach moves him all over the floor to match him on the player he want shut down. Remember a week or so ago when he was defending Mr Curry. I think i recall him doing a pretty good job on a guy name LeBron too. Impressive, also guys that are going to buckets on isos. The only thing you said was that Green defended bigs better. So what? Last time i checked Leonard could to a nice job on 4s for a wing and had Tim Duncan, Splitter, Diaw, and Baynes on his team. I am also pretty that most big time offensive players in this league play on the 1,2, or 3. Leonard is the best defender in this league. If you have issue with him winning this award you are a homer.

Naw you act like green doesn't guard 1 2 and 3s??? We switch pretty much everything and he ends up guarding those positions as well. Why is Kawhi so low on isolation plays then??? Other sf and sg are ranked better than him. Yet green dominated in probably one of the best categories to show a true on ball defender without the help of the team around him... riddle me that..[/QUOTE]

you are a homer. have fun crying now and when the Griz beat you in 6

LAKERS4LIFE!!
04-23-2015, 02:58 PM
Curry, Kawhi, and AD are my favorite players right now(Besides Kobe of course) so I really love Kawhi and I'm NOT saying he doesn't deserve it because he definitely does but the whole "getting the most first place votes" and still not winning is ridiculous.

Kawhi is DPOY and by the end of the year he'll be a 2x Champion. Spurs better lock him up.

MonroeFAN
04-23-2015, 03:03 PM
Getting pretty sick of manufacturered superstars taking over the NBA. He was not even close to being better than Draymond.

bgdreton
04-23-2015, 03:07 PM
Naw you act like green doesn't guard 1 2 and 3s??? We switch pretty much everything and he ends up guarding those positions as well. Why is Kawhi so low on isolation plays then??? Other sf and sg are ranked better than him. Yet green dominated in probably one of the best categories to show a true on ball defender without the help of the team around him... riddle me that..

you are a homer. have fun crying now and when the Griz beat you in 6[/QUOTE]

Lol you're comedy I knew it would come to that sooner or later. Enjoy the fishing season

tredigs
04-23-2015, 03:07 PM
Naw you act like green doesn't guard 1 2 and 3s??? We switch pretty much everything and he ends up guarding those positions as well. Why is Kawhi so low on isolation plays then??? Other sf and sg are ranked better than him. Yet green dominated in probably one of the best categories to show a true on ball defender without the help of the team around him... riddle me that.
you are a homer. have fun crying now and when the Griz beat you in 6
All I see is a guy being a "hater".

For a player to get 20% more 1st place votes then the next top candidate and still losing? That's pretty much getting robbed. The player with the most 1st place votes has never lost before.

I really could care less and I am fine with Kawhi as a winner, but those are the facts.

bgdreton
04-23-2015, 03:13 PM
Really how am I a homer, if you just look at my sig you can tell that even if you play for my team imma try to be honest about it. Good or bad regardless

MonroeFAN
04-23-2015, 03:17 PM
You're not a homer. I have no affiliations with either team and I think the selection is an absolute joke.

kdspurman
04-23-2015, 03:18 PM
Getting pretty sick of manufacturered superstars taking over the NBA. He was not even close to being better than Draymond.

lots of confusion with this one

bgdreton
04-23-2015, 03:18 PM
Curry, Kawhi, and AD are my favorite players right now(Besides Kobe of course) so I really love Kawhi and I'm NOT saying he doesn't deserve it because he definitely does but the whole "getting the most first place votes" and still not winning is ridiculous.

Kawhi is DPOY and by the end of the year he'll be a 2x Champion. Spurs better lock him up.

Exactly

kdspurman
04-23-2015, 03:22 PM
This guy might be my favorite twitter follow ever -

that's good stuff lol

MonroeFAN
04-23-2015, 03:23 PM

lots of confusion with this one

Makes perfect sense, since you and every other Spurs fan live in a bubble. He is a 17 & 7 player who missed 20 games this year and led the league in a category that Carlos Boozer was #2 in a few seasons ago.

So what are you guys talking about? For real? When he retires with averages of 14 & 8 are the test of us going to continue to have to hear about how sweet he is?

bgdreton
04-23-2015, 03:24 PM
You're not a homer. I have no affiliations with either team and I think the selection is an absolute joke.

Great to hear thanks bro..

kdspurman
04-23-2015, 03:26 PM
Makes perfect since, you and every other Spurs fan live in a bubble. He is a 17 & 7 player who missed 20 games this year and led the league in a category of that Carlos Boozer was #2 in a few seasons ago.

So what are you guys talking about? For real? When he retires with averages of 14 & 8 are the test of us going to continue to have to hear about how sweet he is?

Huh? What have you seen me comment on like that? :laugh2:

Who says he's a superstar now? He's got superstar potential, no one is saying he is now. (his impact though is up there with anyone)

Oh & lolz at comparing his impact to Boozer though. I'd be shocked if those are his averages when he retires but neither of us know.

MonroeFAN
04-23-2015, 03:27 PM
Dude if you don't understand where I was going with the boozer reference you 100% should not be laughing.

And maybe it wasn't you, maybe I don't care. We had to hear all summer long how awesome he was and he wasn't. You all look alike to me.

MonroeFAN
04-23-2015, 03:29 PM
Dude SEVERAL people have suggested he's a superstar in this topic alone. I've never seen a more arrogant swing and miss post before in my life.

Seriously.

kdspurman
04-23-2015, 03:30 PM
Dude if you don't understand where I was going with the boozer reference you 100% should not be laughing.

I know exactly what you're referring to, but still. Comparing his impact to Boozer though?. Even bringing him up in the convo is pretty terrible.

kdspurman
04-23-2015, 03:31 PM
Dude SEVERAL people have suggested he's a superstar in this topic alone. I've never seen a more arrogant swing and miss post before in my life.

Seriously.

You said "YOU and every other SPurs fan live in a bubble" i can only speak for me dude.

Stop grouping people, it's just ignorant.

MonroeFAN
04-23-2015, 03:34 PM
I'm not comparing his impact to boozer, I'm suggesting that defensive ranking is a flawed stat because it is. Of course he's a more elite defender than boozer, boozer is god awful. But he joined an elite defensive team and suddenly became a top defensively ranked player.

I will stop grouping, that was wrong of me. You have to understand you have 1 or 2 super annoying fans that have ruined your team for me.

kdspurman
04-23-2015, 03:38 PM
I'm not comparing his impact to boozer, I'm suggesting that the only reason your "main" fan is toting is absolute nonsense.
(I'm sorry the kid is annoying as ****)

I will stop grouping, that was wrong of me.

Ah gotcha. My bad, thought you were comparing. But all good man :hi5: ... Every fanbase has fans like that. That's just how it goes on these boards. And for a team like us who doesn't have a ton of fans, it may stick out more.

I've always said Kawhi is not a superstar yet. He has potential, but we've seen guys with potential flame out. So we need to see him a couple more years. But he has improved every season, especially offensively. So, I do think he has the tools and skills to get to that level.

Only time will tell with him.

bgdreton
04-23-2015, 03:40 PM
Ohhh I've been rude congrats Kawhi :cheers::clap: good luck

lol, please
04-23-2015, 03:40 PM

Stop. Leonard is the right answer here, it really isn't close.

MonroeFAN
04-23-2015, 03:42 PM
Yeah I mean congrats Leonard. He's a defensive stud for sure, and is clutch.

I just like Draymond a lot and thought he was deserving. Cheers.

NYKnickFanatic
04-23-2015, 03:45 PM
Maybe they should have been CO-DPOY?

flea
04-23-2015, 03:47 PM
I'm not comparing his impact to boozer, I'm suggesting that defensive ranking is a flawed stat because it is. Of course he's a more elite defender than boozer, boozer is god awful. But he joined an elite defensive team and suddenly became a top defensively ranked player.

I will stop grouping, that was wrong of me. You have to understand you have 1 or 2 super annoying fans that have ruined your team for me.

You're right that D rating can be heavily influenced teammates, but it's decent enough for glancing at along with RPM and BPM. Boozer played next Noah, who is a defensive nightmare when he has his mobility.

The Tim Duncan effect is real for sure (i.e., Tony Parker is not a better defender for his career than Iguodala but one of them played next to the best defensive player in the league his whole career, Ginobili is not in any world better defensively than Shawn Marion, etc.) but you need only to watch the games and look at +/- stats to see how impactful Leonard is. He's still probably not as impactful as Duncan, but he's elite on the ball and very good off it. He produces turnovers but he doesn't gamble, and he rebounds very well for his position. Hard to hate on that skillset, it's why people love the Glove.

bgdreton
04-23-2015, 03:50 PM

I really hate to ask but why is it not close. SMH... Side note are you still all over David lee and thinks he is a vital player to our team? If you answer yes about David lee the above question is rhetorical.

LAKERS4LIFE!!
04-23-2015, 03:55 PM
Yeah I mean congrats Leonard. He's a defensive stud for sure, and is clutch.

I just like Draymond a lot and thought he was deserving. Cheers.

Don't worry man, because of your name I'm assuming you're a Pistons fan so Green may very well be going there next year and win DPOY for your Pistons. If you're not a Pistons fan then I'm sure Green will get it next year or the year after, he's only 25.

chitown85
04-23-2015, 03:59 PM
Well deserved. Happy for him. Go Bulls.

chitown85
04-23-2015, 04:04 PM
Go Spurs too. The team in the West I would want to play the most if we make it past Lebron...I like how we match up against the spurs. Especially, in Chicago.

NYKnickFanatic
04-23-2015, 04:05 PM
Well deserved. Happy for him. Go Bulls.

Go Bulls, wtf?

tredigs
04-23-2015, 04:08 PM
I really hate to ask but why is it not close. SMH... Side note are you still all over David lee and thinks he is a vital player to our team? If you answer yes about David lee the above question is rhetorical.

If lol had it his way D. Lee would still be starting, MJax would be our coach and Draymond would be traded, so... yeah. lol.

Would Green be in your top 10, or make All NBA 1st Team D?

chitown85
04-23-2015, 04:09 PM
Go Bulls, wtf?

I showed respect. Said he deserved it. Its playoff time, just a little love for my home team. Its good bro.

lol, please
04-23-2015, 04:27 PM
If lol had it his way D. Lee would still be starting, MJax would be our coach and Draymond would be traded, so... yeah. lol.

Would Green be in your top 10, or make All NBA 1st Team D?
Green would be my second choice, and would make the team but come off the bench.

If I had my way Kerr would be the coach but Jackson would be let go for non-personal reasons, and yes Lee would start but so would Green at the 3. My starting 5 would be Curry/Klay/Green/Lee/Bogut

tredigs
04-23-2015, 04:29 PM
Green would be my second choice, and would make the team but come off the bench.

If I had my way Kerr would be the coach but Jackson would be let go for non-personal reasons, and yes Lee would start but so would Green at the 3. My starting 5 would be Curry/Klay/Green/Lee/Bogut

Roger that - all fair enough.

lincecum=future
04-23-2015, 04:35 PM

No this is really David Lee's year! He's going to prove himself to be a top 5 PF this year. Hah. Don't forget to put the :clap: emoji!

lol is consistently one of the dumbest posters on this site. Funny because most of the time he embarrasses himself it's because he is a blatant warrior homer but he continues to find ways to make himself look like an idiot. The one time it would be justified to talk up a warrior player he spews more garbage out of his mouth. Draymond received more first place votes than Leonard but the award really isn't close at all... Makes sense!

Lo Porto
04-23-2015, 05:12 PM
If you're looking at impact in games started, the award should have easily gone to Rudy Gobert. After Kanter got dumped, the Jazz had the best defense in the league and it wasn't close.

But since this is a full season award, Kawhi barely edging Draymond is fair.

lol, please
04-23-2015, 05:26 PM
Roger that - all fair enough.

:cheers: we can agree to disagree on some things. You just can't take away what Leonard has done this season though. I think Davis also deserves mention.

tredigs
04-23-2015, 05:34 PM
:cheers: we can agree to disagree on some things. You just can't take away what Leonard has done this season though. I think Davis also deserves mention.

Oh I don't at all. Probably my DPOY if not for all the time missed, and even still I'm good with his vote. Might have chose him myself. What I don't get was Draymond being left off so many ballots. If you are the consensus #1 DPOY as voted by the judges, it's off that so many others left him off entirely. Like I mentioned it's never happened that the consensus #1 has lost overall.

And for sure, we disagree all the time haha. This site wouldn't be the same if I didn't disagree with others. Your disposition tho >>

ewing
04-23-2015, 05:35 PM
All I see is a guy being a "hater".

For a player to get 20% more 1st place votes then the next top candidate and still losing? That's pretty much getting robbed. The player with the most 1st place votes has never lost before.

I really could care less and I am fine with Kawhi as a winner, but those are the facts.

No its not. when a boxer wins 12 rounds and then somehow loses a decision that is getting robbed. he clearly won the fight and was not rewarded. This is an anomaly. Green is not a clear cut choice for the award. i wouldn't be mad if he got it but again he is not a clear winner and the only ones saying he got robbed are butthurt warriors fans

tredigs
04-23-2015, 05:38 PM
No its not. when a boxer wins 12 rounds and then somehow loses a decision that is getting robbed. he clearly won the fight and was not rewarded. This is an anomaly. Green is not a clear cut choice for the award. i wouldn't be mad if he got it but again he is not a clear winner and the only ones saying he got robbed are butthurt warriors fans

I get that stance, but if something has never occurred before (the #1 in 1st place votes - by a good margin - losing), then "robbed" is a fair comment by homers and non-homers alike. You're using the phrase "anomaly" instead. That's fine. Semantics at that point.

To be clear, for him to lose is not what I consider the "rob" here.

SPURSFAN1
04-23-2015, 06:24 PM
The best defensive player won. No argument here.

bgdreton
04-23-2015, 06:28 PM
That's not a good analogy boxing can be very subjective. Everything I've said has been empirical evidence that draymond green has been the better overall defensive player throughout the entire length of the NBA season. Really I could probably argue that Kawhi numbers are more a function of his teammates schemes and the intelligent level of them than his overall individual prowess.

More-Than-Most
04-23-2015, 06:38 PM
Well deserved... Personally id have given it to Jordan.

flea
04-23-2015, 06:39 PM
That's not a good analogy boxing can be very subjective. Everything I've said has been empirical evidence that draymond green has been the better overall defensive player throughout the entire length of the NBA season. Really I could probably argue that Kawhi numbers are more a function of his teammates schemes and the intelligent level of them than his overall individual prowess.

You could also argue that playing in basically a full-on matchup zone with 3 other high-level defenders skews Draymond's numbers. He's a really heady player but there's a reason he was a 2nd rounder (he's a tweener). Ask him to do what Leonard does and it doesn't go well. Maybe the same is true of Leonard.

This is the like the neverending Sherman/Revis debate. Sherman has the production, but he has teammates better than him and plays in a unique scheme that capitalizes on the fact that they have so many good and versatile defenders. Just like Draymond.

bgdreton
04-23-2015, 06:57 PM
Ahhhhh very true I suppose you could argue that however as I stated before the warriors lost Bogut and thier D actually got better with him playing the 5. (Need more time to grabs specific stats and rotations at work now) plus the isolation 1 one 1 defense is a stat that you can't argue or debate it is what it is and Draymond is way out ahead of pretty much everyone as everyone says here its not even close.

koreancabbage
04-23-2015, 07:01 PM
congratz

koreancabbage
04-23-2015, 07:02 PM
btw - coming to San Antonio this Sunday to catch the Clippers - Spurs, Spursfan1. I'm in a 100s section.

Tony_Starks
04-23-2015, 07:06 PM
Well deserved though I'm so appalled DJ didn't get more love.....

tredigs
04-23-2015, 07:08 PM
DJ would've got a lot more love 10 years ago. Really happy voters are wising up.

curtcocaine
04-23-2015, 07:34 PM

Do you trade Barnes. We all know he is as effective coming off the bench.

lol, please
04-23-2015, 07:41 PM
Do you trade Barnes. We all know he is as effective coming off the bench.

Barnes is a player I would want to keep if possible. I think he can be a 6th man nominee coming off the bench.

ewing
04-23-2015, 07:46 PM
Ahhhhh very true I suppose you could argue that however as I stated before the warriors lost Bogut and thier D actually got better with him playing the 5. (Need more time to grabs specific stats and rotations at work now) plus the isolation 1 one 1 defense is a stat that you can't argue or debate it is what it is and Draymond is way out ahead of pretty much everyone as everyone says here its not even close.

i asked you to explained how the stats you are using are derived at and you didn't. I am assuming you can't which means you are just fishing for stuff that goes along with what you want to be true. Sorry your guy didn't win but honestly i cant wait for your crying when your team loses now

SPURSFAN1
04-23-2015, 07:52 PM
btw - coming to San Antonio this Sunday to catch the Clippers - Spurs, Spursfan1. I'm in a 100s section.

I don't do dates sorry.

bgdreton
04-23-2015, 08:22 PM
i asked you to explained how the stats you are using are derived at and you didn't. I am assuming you can't which means you are just fishing for stuff that goes along with what you want to be true. Sorry your guy didn't win but honestly i cant wait for your crying when your team loses now[/QUOTE]

1st off I didn't see that you asked. 2nd these stats are on nba.com and all other analytic websites go look it up. You are not worth my time to post links. If you would stop trying to troll me I would.

SPURSFAN1
04-23-2015, 08:28 PM
Are warrior fans salty about this one? Just wondering.

SPURSFAN1
04-23-2015, 08:29 PM
You read too much ESPN or media bullcrap and you get high expectations. A lot of media hubs typically do this to their fanbase and they eat it up every year.

bgdreton
04-23-2015, 08:35 PM
Are warrior fans salty about this one? Just wondering.

No I'm trying to have a honest conversation about it. Unfortunately you couple spurs trolls make it a boring conversation with stupid comments and make a bad name for the whole team, and by couple I'm including you.

GiantsSwaGG
04-23-2015, 09:09 PM
Surprise Marcus Smart isn't on that list

ewing
04-23-2015, 09:38 PM
i asked you to explained how the stats you are using are derived at and you didn't. I am assuming you can't which means you are just fishing for stuff that goes along with what you want to be true. Sorry your guy didn't win but honestly i cant wait for your crying when your team loses now

1st off I didn't see that you asked. 2nd these stats are on nba.com and all other analytic websites go look it up. You are not worth my time to post links. If you would stop trying to troll me I would.[/QUOTE]

oh, so you have no idea what they mean. Got ya.

chitown85
04-23-2015, 10:39 PM
No I'm trying to have a honest conversation about it. Unfortunately you couple spurs trolls make it a boring conversation with stupid comments and make a bad name for the whole team, and by couple I'm including you.

I don't think Warriors fans really care personally. I am around Warrior fans all day, don't see any of them sweating it...playoffs are all that matter. And, the Warriors are the team to beat in the West...plain and simple. If they continue to play at a high level they will roll through the West imo.

tmacsc2
04-23-2015, 10:49 PM
personally it should have went to draymond just considering he played 15 more games..... both played great but draymond played 79 games this year opposed to leonard playing 64.... draymond has a better Defensive rating as well and had a better block% and had a 2.4 steal%. Advanced metrics FTW lol

LA_Raiders
04-23-2015, 10:56 PM
Wow, Draymond got robbed.

Scoots
04-24-2015, 10:55 AM
I think Leonard is the most dominant defender in the NBA, but he should not have been DPOY this year. He missed 18 games and he was not dominant at the beginning of the season. Green played meaningless games for the last month of the season and the team played soft while Kawhi was on a team fighting hard to win every possession so that was the last memory for the voters. But even more than those things, f'n Doc Rivers incessant lobbying for the stat hunting average defender DeAndre Jordan made the whole award a joke. The fact that professional NBA analysts agreed with Doc is just shameful.

One thing I find funny is that people are saying they like Kawhi winning because small guys don't usually win ... Kawhi is bigger than Green is!

nastynice
04-24-2015, 02:11 PM
Draymond addressed the DPOY thing via "uninterrupted" last night, said he was disappointed but gave props to Kawhi, said he's a champion and very deserving.

Its not our year for awards :(

championship is still up for grabs tho!! :nod:

ewing
04-24-2015, 02:27 PM
Draymond addressed the DPOY thing via "uninterrupted" last night, said he was disappointed but gave props to Kawhi, said he's a champion and very deserving.

Its not our year for awards :(

championship is still up for grabs tho!! :nod:

I actually think they got those awards right. Curry will win MVP and deserves it too. He is doesn't then you have something to complain about

nastynice
04-24-2015, 03:17 PM
I actually think they got those awards right. Curry will win MVP and deserves it too. He is doesn't then you have something to complain about

meh, you win some you lose some. Kerr coulda won just as easy as Bud. Green coulda won just as easy as Kawhi. If Harden wins over Curry, its not any more surprising than the other two. Comes down to a couple top candidates, some win some lose. Harden almost single handed got his team a #2 seed in the tough west, so while I want Curry to win, just as I wanted Kerr and Green, if he doesn't well, the award will still go to someone else who's also deserving. Way the cookie crumbles huh, lol

valade16
04-24-2015, 04:00 PM
That would suck for Warriors fans if Curry lost MVP and they didn't win the title. I don't think a better season would have ever gone O-fer would it?

Chronz
04-24-2015, 04:21 PM
Leonard is the better defender tho guys, sometimes that matters more than longevity/durability.

Scoots
04-24-2015, 04:44 PM
Leonard is the better defender tho guys, sometimes that matters more than longevity/durability.

I agree with the first part ... but not by the margin some people make it out to be. But the second part? It's Defensive Player of the Year, not Defensive player of the 2nd half of the year.

Most of these awards are about the closing narrative and Kawhi had it easily with the Spurs closing burst.

I think the award should have been Green's, but I'm not emotional about it.

I'm looking forward to the players awards, though I wonder how much Green's mouth will hurt him :)

Arfel
04-24-2015, 11:26 PM
He deserves it but Green has been defending lights out as well. Theres still a ti

nastynice
04-25-2015, 12:11 AM
That would suck for Warriors fans if Curry lost MVP and they didn't win the title. I don't think a better season would have ever gone O-fer would it?

That's really it all comes down to. Even if we got COY, OPOY, and MVP, but no title, what the hell good are any of those awards?? I guess it can help and be some kinda consolation, but man, after the season we put together, anything less than a championship is gonna be a failure.

I got faith in my squad tho, I don't think this season will go down as a failure. Team got skills, smarts, and HEART for days, I just can't wait for this next 6 or so wks to play out.

ewing
04-25-2015, 12:14 AM
That's really it all comes down to. Even if we got COY, OPOY, and MVP, but no title, what the hell good are any of those awards?? I guess it can help and be some kinda consolation, but man, after the season we put together, anything less than a championship is gonna be a failure.

I got faith in my squad tho, I don't think this season will go down as a failure. Team got skills, smarts, and HEART for days, I just can't wait for this next 6 or so wks to play out.

i think we will see if GS is a legit championship team next round. I can honestly see them losing to the Griz in 6 or winning in 5 (no disrespect to Portland).

IKnowHoops
04-25-2015, 02:57 PM
I think Leonard deserved it. He's the best at guarding the best player in the game. That should count for something.

Scoots
04-25-2015, 04:35 PM
I think Leonard deserved it. He's the best at guarding the best player in the game. That should count for something.

No doubt Kawhi is a great great defender. But this award didn't go to the guy who had the best defensive season, but the guy with a great reputation who finished incredibly.

nastynice
04-25-2015, 04:49 PM
No doubt Kawhi is a great great defender. But this award didn't go to the guy who had the best defensive season, but the guy with a great reputation who finished incredibly.

Its a tough line to draw. For example, we all know Lebron's the best player in the game, there's no doubt about it, so why hasn't he been mvp every year for the last x years? Why not this year? Even though Curry and Harden clearly had better seasons, we know Lebron's still better.

I think Green's hype came earlier in the season, whereas Kawhi's kinda came later, so he def had that going for him. I agree, I think wire to wire Green has a better case, but it is what it is. Kawhi's a great defender, maybe better than Green (its hard to compare since they do such diff things, Green plays much bigger and Kawhi plays much faster), but either way, can't say they made a "wrong" choice. Things just didn't fall in our favor this year, it happens.

Scoots
04-25-2015, 05:36 PM
I heard some Green stats the other day and they were listing all of the guards Green had stolen the ball from and how many bigs he had blocks against. The only ones I remember is that he stole the ball from CP3 3 times, and had blocked Dirk 5 times. There isn't anybody like Green. Not that he's the best, just that he's unique.

SPURSFAN1
04-25-2015, 05:39 PM
Kawhi won because analytics and eye test people voted Kawhi. He is a great defender by both barometers. He also defends the durants lebrons westbrooks CP3s Steph currys hardens elite guards for many years and in the playoffs. He is a proven defender that translates to wins in the regular and post season. He guards them from the get go. He steals and rebounds great for his position. Like another center to get rebounds. He defends them 1 on 1 during clutch situations. He is your prototypical wing defender.

SPURSFAN1
04-25-2015, 05:41 PM
I heard some Green stats the other day and they were listing all of the guards Green had stolen the ball from and how many bigs he had blocks against. The only ones I remember is that he stole the ball from CP3 3 times, and had blocked Dirk 5 times. There isn't anybody like Green. Not that he's the best, just that he's unique.

You take Kawhi if you want championship defense. Tons of experience playing defense. 3 WSF 2 Finals 1 'ship and he continues to impress.

SPURSFAN1
04-25-2015, 05:57 PM
Quiet man from SA won a media award. You know it must be deserving.

nastynice
04-25-2015, 06:00 PM

yea, the fact that he can legitimately guard out on the 3 pt line AND bigs in the paint is a huge luxury to have from a team defense perspective. Love players like that, and Livingston at PG, another huge luxury to have a guard with that wingspan, barnes and klay too

nastynice
04-25-2015, 06:01 PM
Kawhi won because analytics and eye test people voted Kawhi. He is a great defender by both barometers. He also defends the durants lebrons westbrooks CP3s Steph currys hardens elite guards for many years and in the playoffs. He is a proven defender that translates to wins in the regular and post season. He guards them from the get go. He steals and rebounds great for his position. Like another center to get rebounds. He defends them 1 on 1 during clutch situations. He is your prototypical wing defender.

lol, so who are the people who didn't vote for Kawhi? What's even left?

SPURSFAN1
04-25-2015, 06:04 PM

I don't know. I'm not crying about it though.

nastynice
04-25-2015, 06:19 PM
I don't know. I'm not crying about it though.

umm, apparently you are. Which is weird, cuz u'd think a spurs fan would be satisfied with a spur winning it...

SPURSFAN1
04-25-2015, 06:34 PM
We like championships more, but to say green is more deserving is lunacy.

nastynice
04-25-2015, 07:50 PM
haha, this guy...

so do we baby, can't you see what we're trying to do this year... ;)

hint - winning awards ain't it

Scoots
04-25-2015, 07:58 PM

Well, more people voted for Green as DPOY than voted for Kawhi, it's just that more people thought Kawhi was the 2nd or 3rd best defensive player this year and math gave him the award. Oh and there are also the 32 "eye test" guys who voted for DeAndre Jordan.

I don't think anybody has said anything negative about Leonard ... it's just that THIS YEAR for the whole season, he was not the best overall defender and the voters agree.

By the way Steph Curry lead the NBA in steals ... Kawhi was 5th.

FlashBolt
04-25-2015, 09:17 PM
I don't think anyone got robbed but Kawhi missed 18 games. That's just not fair.