PDA

View Full Version : So is it a conclusion that the Cavs dont have a shot against the Bulls?

RocketLoc80
04-21-2015, 12:29 PM
Ita the PSD consensus now?

Wade n Fade
04-21-2015, 12:37 PM
Not at all. Chicago will lose because they're not good enough offensively. Thibs hampers their offensive potential because he overexerts his players and preaches D first. If you have Gasol, Rose, Butler, Noah, and Gibson as your 5 main guys, you shouldn't struggle offensively since their bench is good. I think Mirotic is going to be a legit stretch player too. Cleveland beat Chicago multiple times this season. Cleveland provides too many matchup problems for Chicago to play an excellent two way series and win. As much as I want Chicago to beat LeBron, I think Atlanta has the best chance, but their shooting is better than Chicago. GSW, Memphis, San Antonio are only a handful of teams in the West that can outplay Cleveland.

lamzoka
04-21-2015, 12:40 PM
Nobody is stopping the Cavs from reaching the NBA finals.

Tony_Starks
04-21-2015, 12:43 PM
Bulls will beat the Cavs, yes. But the general psd consensus is the Cavs get a pass for whatever happens this post season.....

Htownballa1622
04-21-2015, 12:43 PM
Your. Thread. Titles. Are. Questionable.

To say the least.

Yanks All Day
04-21-2015, 12:46 PM
Other way around. At this moment, doesn't look like Bulls can beat Cavs.

ChiTownPacerFan
04-21-2015, 12:48 PM
Yes, it is a technically a conclusion. A false conclusion.

kozelkid
04-21-2015, 12:50 PM
Can people stop feeding this troll? He literally made the EXACT same thread a month ago. Along with plenty of other useless posts/threads.

nickdymez
04-21-2015, 12:51 PM
Other way around. At this moment, doesn't look like Bulls can beat Cavs.

What makes you say this?

cmellofan15
04-21-2015, 12:59 PM
Can people stop feeding this troll? He literally made the EXACT same thread a month ago. Along with plenty of other useless posts/threads.

I think he may be on to something....

mngopher35
04-21-2015, 01:08 PM

All of his threads are like this, it's ridiculous.

IKnowHoops
04-21-2015, 01:09 PM
Bulls will beat the Cavs, yes. But the general psd consensus is the Cavs get a pass for whatever happens this post season.....

No chance. Your thoughts betray you young padawon learner.

Vee-Rex
04-21-2015, 01:12 PM

It's interesting how a thread can seem totally useless until some people make it valid.

Example: Is Kevin Durant no longer a top 10 SF in the current NBA?

We all laugh and say how stupid it is until like 4 posters come in and seriously declare that he's not a top 10 SF.

archdevil84
04-21-2015, 01:20 PM
what is this?

Tony_Starks
04-21-2015, 01:23 PM
what is this?

This is......Sparta!!!!!!!

Mr. Baller
04-21-2015, 01:27 PM
What? The Bulls got no shot vs Cleveland

2-ONE-5
04-21-2015, 01:27 PM

can you be any more annoying?

Sofnr
04-21-2015, 01:30 PM
Cmon. He has to be the most blatant troll on PSD. He makes a thread about the bulls every week. You aren't going to find many bulls fans who think the Cavs don't have a chance. In fact i think most like me favor the Cavs in a playoff series this year. I think the Bulls have a shot if they can play their best basketball. All the pieces are there. But it's going to be a tough battle to get past this Cav's team. I'm not sure how the mods havn't caught on to this guys shtick yet. He's a troll. Just delete his threads on sight :)

prodigy
04-21-2015, 01:30 PM

The funk? Unless drugs are being passed around PSD I would def say no.

Method28
04-21-2015, 01:43 PM
I think if they play each other, they both lose.

Method28
04-21-2015, 01:44 PM
Orrrrrr. ....they both win! 😏

Bostonjorge
04-21-2015, 02:02 PM
This is the east we are talking about. We all knew since August what east team was going to the finals. It's the team that has a huge gap in talent compared to the next best team out east.

curtcocaine
04-21-2015, 02:32 PM
Is it a forgone conclusion that that Cousins is leaving for the WNBA?

nickdymez
04-21-2015, 03:46 PM

Agreed

WaDe03
04-21-2015, 04:05 PM
Were 25 posts in on a thread about the Cavs and Bulls, why hasn't a Kobe vs LeBron debate started yet?

Bostonjorge
04-21-2015, 04:17 PM
Were 25 posts in on a thread about the Cavs and Bulls, why hasn't a Kobe vs LeBron debate started yet?
This is a feel sorry for lebron thread. Bulls are playing injured and rose is back and James is carrying a team of players we never heard of.

Kyben36
04-21-2015, 04:21 PM
dont think so, a healthy bulls team is scary and can compete with anyone, but conclusion is a strong word, if the bulls make it there healthy, will be a great series. JR smith has lit us up the last few times we have played though.

xbrackattackx
04-21-2015, 04:22 PM
No chance. Your thoughts betray you young padawon learner.

Padawan*

JasonJohnHorn
04-21-2015, 04:38 PM
I got the Cavs for that series.

I like the Pau/Noah combo, but Jimmy Buckets is totally outclassed by LBJ, and Uncle Drew may literally end up breaking Rose's ankles if they aren't already broken by the time the series starts.

L8kers4life
04-21-2015, 04:38 PM

Let's feed the trolls. I will start. Well if Kobe was on Cavs, then yes the Cavs would have no shot against the bulls....

Now back to reality. The Bulls are going to get destroyed by the Cavs..

85BearsDefense
04-21-2015, 05:01 PM
Im not saying the Bulls will beat the Cavs but they match up really well defensively with the Cavs.

They have arguably a top 3 Lebron stopper (nobody stops Lebron but he slows him down) in Jimmy Butler

They can send Noah/Gibson out to run around with KLove

And Rose always raises his level of play when he goes against good PGs....

85BearsDefense
04-21-2015, 05:04 PM
I think a Bulls/Cavs series ultimately comes down to if JR Smith can hit open 3's, if he can the Cavs are going to win in 6. If not Bulls in 7.

5ass
04-21-2015, 05:22 PM
This is a feel sorry for lebron thread. Bulls are playing injured and rose is back and James is carrying a team of players we never heard of.

9/10 of ur posts are always about lebron, why the obsession?

naps
04-21-2015, 05:56 PM
This forum has gone down so much. This place used to be better. Nowadays I don't see any MODs coming in here and taking care of trolls. If it was few years back, this troll would already be the village of banned. Instead he keeps making stupid threads everyday.

Bostonjorge
04-21-2015, 05:57 PM
9/10 of ur posts are always about lebron, why the obsession?

9/10 threads are James related or magically turn into one.

naps
04-21-2015, 06:00 PM
Let's feed the trolls. I will start. Well if Kobe was on Cavs, then yes the Cavs would have no shot against the bulls....

Now back to reality. The Bulls are going to get destroyed by the Cavs..

Kobe would drop 50 in 4 straight games and get the series over with. LeBron would suck and shoot less than 40% in the series ;)

Bostonjorge
04-21-2015, 06:05 PM
Kobe would drop 50 in 4 straight games and get the series over with. LeBron would suck and shoot less than 40% in the series ;)

Yea but Kobe would still have the most help ever in Kire and love. Kobe needs shaq, gasol or Kire and love to win anything.

L8kers4life
04-21-2015, 06:31 PM

:clap: This trolling thing can be fun..

5ass
04-21-2015, 07:07 PM
9/10 threads are James related or magically turn into one.

Well you can ignore them if u hate the guy so much. Like i said, ur obsessed.

kobe4thewinbang
04-21-2015, 07:39 PM
Did I miss something?

I think the Bulls would have a chance if Rose stays healthy, but with HCA and 3 stars, Cleveland should win in 6 games.

HeatFan
04-21-2015, 08:38 PM
Bulls can win because all you really need against a Lebron team is good defense and teamwork. The Bulls can do both. That is assuming Rose plays like he has during the first two games of the first round all series against the Cavs, that Mirovic plays, Butler back to early season form and X-Factor Pau Gasol dominates Love inside. Very possible on all accounts. Cavs have a worse bench than the Bulls (kind of like the Spurs had much better than the Heat last year's finals) and their only reliable outside shooter (outside of the "big 3", if you will) is James Jones, who can't guard not even Thibs himself. JR Smith is a streaky shooter and can make a few in a row one game or another, but not consistently. Just so many flaws for the Cavs and it just seems like its time (absent injuries) that the Bulls take the next step.

LA_Raiders
04-22-2015, 01:53 AM
Chicago will win in 6. LeFlop will shoke as always. I want to see how the cavs will stop Gasol and Noah.

ISIAH_THOMAS
04-22-2015, 03:02 AM
Cavs in 6

BornReady
04-22-2015, 03:09 AM
OP is a genius....has everyone butthurt right now posting all this hatred, and if the Bulls do beat the Cavs, this guy is gonna make all of you look dumb as ****, but if the Cavs win this thread will be far gone and forgotten by then lolol

A+

lol, please
04-22-2015, 03:18 AM

Basically this. Bulls are too deep, too many weapons, too much chemistry. If Rose plays like he did in game 1 then we will see the Bulls in the finals in a dog fight.

BornReady
04-22-2015, 03:21 AM
Basically this. Bulls are too deep, too many weapons, too much chemistry. If Rose plays like he did in game 1 then we will see the Bulls in the finals in a dog fight.

and then they will win in seven games vs your warriors?;)

I like the sound of that

IKnowHoops
04-22-2015, 03:43 AM

LOL, Cavs gonna whoop the Bulls

More-Than-Most
04-22-2015, 04:22 AM
Bulls are the all around better team in my opinion but the cavs have Lebron James.... There is no player outside of Shaq that can dominate and take over a series the way James can in every single area of the game and because of that nomatter who the better team is the cavs will always have a chance.

SF8
04-22-2015, 04:23 AM

Probably because LeBron himself said it right when he signed with the Cavs that he doesn't think they can win quickly and that it will take years because other than him, the rest of the best players on the team are all completely inexperienced.

BornReady
04-22-2015, 05:00 AM
LOL, Cavs gonna whoop the Bulls
really?

Probably because LeBron himself said it right when he signed with the Cavs that he doesn't think they can win quickly and that it will take years because other than him, the rest of the best players on the team are all completely inexperienced.

he only said that bc if he loses, he'll have that to back him up even though he knew clear as day that the Cavs will form a superteam before that letter. expectations obviously higher

mightybosstone
04-22-2015, 07:57 AM
OP, why do you constantly create threads trolling the Cavaliers and Lebron fans? You did it last year with the Heat and it seems it doesn't matter what team he's on, but you just cannot leave the guy alone. In fact, I see you post more troll threads than I see you just talk basketball or post in other threads altogether. Why do you hate the guy so much?

And no. It's not a consensus. And even if it were, why in the **** is that threadworthy?

prodigy
04-22-2015, 08:33 AM
They have arguably a top 3 Lebron stopper (nobody stops Lebron but he slows him down) in Jimmy Butler

umm what? Lebrons scored 36, 26, 31, and 20 vs the bulls this season. that 20pt game was a thriple double. 20-10-12. So Butler better step up a lot more then that if he wants to slow Lebron down.

They can send Noah/Gibson out to run around with KLove

ok...

And Rose always raises his level of play when he goes against good PGs....

If Rose makes it to the 2nd round it will be a very good matchup. Neither will be able to stop the other. I doubt Rose would even cover Irving much because of his ability to break ankles.

Captain Moroni
04-22-2015, 08:56 AM
bulls have no chance.

ISIAH_THOMAS
04-22-2015, 09:21 AM
When the Cavsmade the trade especially getting Mozgov it became championship or bust. This series will get people tons of money betting

mightybosstone
04-22-2015, 09:40 AM
Why are the Bulls getting so much love in the first place? They're a good playoff team, but it's not like they've looked amazing in the postseason. They won two relatively close games to a mediocre Milwaukee team. They haven't remotely earned the benefit of the doubt at this point. Neither has Cleveland, but at least Lebron had four straight finals appearances.

Mr.ATLHawks
04-22-2015, 10:05 AM
Bulls can never seem to get over the hump that is Lebron James, Reminds me of the Portland/Sacremento teams during the Kobe/Shaq era. I think it will be a good series. Cleveland has become alot better defensively with their additions Shumpert, JR, Mosgov and others. I think the Bulls have a few question marks, mostly Rose's consistency. It will be hard to pack the lane against the Cavs as they have very capable 3 point shooters. Rose will have no choice but to guard Kyrie as he cant guard Lebron. I say Cavs in 6, if I had to bet money.

nickdymez
04-22-2015, 10:58 AM
Why are the Bulls getting so much love in the first place? They're a good playoff team, but it's not like they've looked amazing in the postseason. They won two relatively close games to a mediocre Milwaukee team. They haven't remotely earned the benefit of the doubt at this point. Neither has Cleveland, but at least Lebron had four straight finals appearances.

What games did you watch? They weren't as close as the score makes it look

nickdymez
04-22-2015, 10:59 AM
Bulls are the all around better team in my opinion but the cavs have Lebron James.... There is no player outside of Shaq that can dominate and take over a series the way James can in every single area of the game and because of that nomatter who the better team is the cavs will always have a chance.

So why did he lose 3 finals series then? Why didn't he dominate and take over those?

Mr.ATLHawks
04-22-2015, 11:07 AM
Game 2 Bulls vs Bucks was very close until the end. What game were you watching?

Vee-Rex
04-22-2015, 11:10 AM
Bulls can win because all you really need against a Lebron team is good defense and teamwork. The Bulls can do both. That is assuming Rose plays like he has during the first two games of the first round all series against the Cavs, that Mirovic plays, Butler back to early season form and X-Factor Pau Gasol dominates Love inside. Very possible on all accounts. Cavs have a worse bench than the Bulls (kind of like the Spurs had much better than the Heat last year's finals) and their only reliable outside shooter (outside of the "big 3", if you will) is James Jones, who can't guard not even Thibs himself. JR Smith is a streaky shooter and can make a few in a row one game or another, but not consistently. Just so many flaws for the Cavs and it just seems like its time (absent injuries) that the Bulls take the next step.

Just wanted to pop in and say that the Cavs always put Mozgawd defending on Gasol. And he usually shuts Gasol down. Love isn't exposed against JoNo since JoNo isn't as offensively dominant.

That's all, carry on with all the useless bickering. :D

prodigy
04-22-2015, 12:44 PM
Rose will have no choice but to guard Kyrie as he cant guard Lebron. I say Cavs in 6, if I had to bet money.

They would prob stick him on JR, Shump or delly when he comes in.

I would also like to see the Cavs put Lebron and shump on Rose early and make Rose work super hard for his baskets. I could see that really f'ing with Rose.

prodigy
04-22-2015, 12:46 PM
So why did he lose 3 finals series then? Why didn't he dominate and take over those?

Can you read? lol he said That's why Lebrons teams will always have a chance. didn't say he would win it every year. Gotta read man.

nickdymez
04-22-2015, 12:53 PM
Can you read? lol he said That's why Lebrons teams will always have a chance. didn't say he would win it every year. Gotta read man.
Then it was a stupid comment. Most teams have a chance to win with their superstar.

KG2TB
04-22-2015, 12:57 PM
Bulls can never seem to get over the hump that is Lebron James, Reminds me of the Portland/Sacremento teams during the Kobe/Shaq era. I think it will be a good series. Cleveland has become alot better defensively with their additions Shumpert, JR, Mosgov and others. I think the Bulls have a few question marks, mostly Rose's consistency. It will be hard to pack the lane against the Cavs as they have very capable 3 point shooters. Rose will have no choice but to guard Kyrie as he cant guard Lebron. I say Cavs in 6, if I had to bet money.

This is pretty fair but I will say that the first time the Bulls had to face a LeBron team in the ECF, we had way less offensive weapons and Rose was only 22 and was pretty much our entire offense. Most guys are just barely reaching the playoffs at that age yet alone advancing to the ECF. After that, the Bulls were injured when they faced Miami.

If guys want to pick Cleveland in 6, that's completely reasonable. It could go either way. I give each team a 50\50 shot of winning this series. To me it's going to come down to who can control the boards and hit their open shots. Also protecting the rock. Bulls have been pretty awful with careless turnovers and that worries me. Need to protect the ball.

WaDe03
04-22-2015, 12:58 PM
They have arguably a top 3 Lebron stopper (nobody stops Lebron but he slows him down) in Mike Dunleavy....

Fixed

KG2TB
04-22-2015, 01:17 PM
takes a whole team to slow lebron down. hell, he still played damned good against the spurs. nobody stops lebron but you hope to slow him down just a tad....and butler probably gives you one of the best chances of doing that along with leonard and paul george, maybe...

shep33
04-22-2015, 01:17 PM
Cavs in 6

ewing
04-22-2015, 01:21 PM
Absolutely, Bulls in 4

bucketss
04-22-2015, 01:44 PM
whether its the consensus or not, if cavs beat chicago the same people will says its not impressive because cavs have a super team.

Sactown
04-22-2015, 01:49 PM
I think Chicago's best shot is do everything you can to get LeBron frustrated and disengaged and if that means having Kyrie put up 50 on 30 shots to do it. When LeBron gets rolling and gets himself and his teammate Engaged that's when they're scary

KG2TB
04-22-2015, 02:00 PM
whether its the consensus or not, if cavs beat chicago the same people will says its not impressive because cavs have a super team.

umm.......no

85BearsDefense
04-22-2015, 02:39 PM
umm what? Lebrons scored 36, 26, 31, and 20 vs the bulls this season. that 20pt game was a thriple double. 20-10-12. So Butler better step up a lot more then that if he wants to slow Lebron down.

ok...

If Rose makes it to the 2nd round it will be a very good matchup. Neither will be able to stop the other. I doubt Rose would even cover Irving much because of his ability to break ankles.

Butler missed 2 of the games against Lebron IIRC, Rose will 100% be on Kryie. They have nobody else to put on him.

FlashBolt
04-22-2015, 02:54 PM
Butler missed 2 of the games against Lebron IIRC, Rose will 100% be on Kryie. They have nobody else to put on him.

Aaron Brooks is a better defender than Rose so if they wanted that, it could be an option. Putting Butler on James is a given but if Kyrie is HOT, you want to switch it up and put Butler on Irving and Dunleavy on James. Chicago has the answers to stop Cleveland. Pau is going to make Love play defense.

cmellofan15
04-22-2015, 03:03 PM

story of lebrons life

KG2TB
04-22-2015, 03:04 PM
Aaron Brooks is a better defender than Rose so if they wanted that, it could be an option. Putting Butler on James is a given but if Kyrie is HOT, you want to switch it up and put Butler on Irving and Dunleavy on James. Chicago has the answers to stop Cleveland. Pau is going to make Love play defense.

:laugh:

KG2TB
04-22-2015, 03:06 PM
and also dunleavy on lebron won't happen. butler and snell will be the primary defenders on james. dunleavy would have no shot.

Bostonjorge
04-22-2015, 03:34 PM
Cavs have the best two players in the series. Irving is playing the best ball in the east playoffs so far. I will be going for the Bulls but unless butler starts playing like he did when the season started or rose starts playing like he did in 2011 it's going to be a James and Irving show.

Tony_Starks
04-22-2015, 03:45 PM

That was before the trade and before it became painfully obvious Kyrie is a legit superstar that doesn't care about playoff experience.

As presently constructed the Cavs have more than enough talent to win it all this year.....they just won't.

BornReady
04-22-2015, 04:25 PM
Cavs have the best two players in the series. Irving is playing the best ball in the east playoffs so far. I will be going for the Bulls but unless butler starts playing like he did when the season started or rose starts playing like he did in 2011 it's going to be a James and Irving show.

where have you been? butler put up 25 and 31 in the first two games and Rose had 23 in 27 minutes in game one. they've been back

Vee-Rex
04-22-2015, 04:26 PM
That was before the trade and before it became painfully obvious Kyrie is a legit superstar that doesn't care about playoff experience.
As presently constructed the Cavs have more than enough talent to win it all this year.....they just won't.

Painfully obvious for who? A bunch of thick-headed posters on PSD?

Anyone who had actually watched Kyrie play (and not base everything off basketball-reference) knew he was legit. Incidentally, lots of Knicks fans acknowledged it as well, having seen a lot of his good performances at MSG, heh.

From chucker, to over-dribbler, to injury prone, no defense, no passing, to inexperienced, to everything else people have underestimated and sold him short, whereas those of us who actually watched the kid had seen that he could pass and defend and stay healthy and shoot efficiently and shine in big game moments.

It can take awhile for a even experienced superstars to gel (Heatles) and that's why Bron said what he said at the beginning of the year.

ewing
04-22-2015, 04:37 PM

Anyone who had actually watched Kyrie play (and not base everything off basketball-reference) knew he was legit. Incidentally, lots of Knicks fans acknowledged it as well, having seen a lot of his good performances at MSG, heh.

From chucker, to over-dribbler, to injury prone, no defense, no passing, to inexperienced, to everything else people have underestimated and sold him short, whereas those of us who actually watched the kid had seen that he could pass and defend and stay healthy and shoot efficiently and shine in big game moments.

It can take awhile for a even experienced superstars to gel (Heatles) and that's why Bron said what he said at the beginning of the year.

he is both of these things. he also maybe the best one on one scorer in the NBA.

Vee-Rex
04-22-2015, 04:49 PM
he is both of these things. he also maybe the best one on one scorer in the NBA.

A chucker is someone who throws up badly contested shots at an inefficient rate, because he's hoping it'll go in.

Kyrie is gifted at making contested shots in an efficient manner. Explain to me how he's a chucker?

Also, he over-dribbled when he was pressured to be the leader of a Cavs team that featured Andrew Bynum as the 2nd best option. He was also 21'ish years old. This year he has cut down significantly on his dribbling, though he will still try to break ankles to open up driving lanes.

KG2TB
04-22-2015, 04:57 PM
Kyrie's legit. There's no debate there. One of the toughest guys to stop when he gets it going and one of the most skilled players in the league.

ewing
04-22-2015, 04:59 PM
A chucker is someone who throws up badly contested shots at an inefficient rate, because he's hoping it'll go in.

Kyrie is gifted at making contested shots in an efficient manner. Explain to me how he's a chucker?

when he gets the ball he is always looking to create for himself first. He has totally willing and able to take and make tough shots. His game is best on him getting as many looks as he can. he is a chucker. He is good at it but it is what he is.

Also, he over-dribbled when he was pressured to be the leader of a Cavs team that featured Andrew Bynum as the 2nd best option. He was also 21'ish years old. This year he has cut down significantly on his dribbling, though he will still try to break ankles to open up driving lanes.

[B]he over dribbles all time. often if he were forced to pick the ball up and move it, all motion would have already stopped, it a good thing that doesn't happen a lot and he has a teammate who is a great facilitator. none of this means he isn't a hell of player and and capable of having a HUGE impact on the championship team but he is a chucker who over dribbles. Charles Barkley over dribbled a ton as well. i love Charles Barkley, he was a hell of a player

Vee-Rex
04-22-2015, 05:09 PM
[B]he over dribbles all time. often if he were forced to pick the ball up and move it, all motion would have already stopped, it a good thing that doesn't happen a lot and he has a teammate who is a great facilitator. none of this means he isn't a hell of player and and capable of having a HUGE impact on the championship team but he is a chucker who over dribbles. Charles Barkley over dribbled a ton as well. i love Charles Barkley, he was a hell of a player

Fair point on the dribbling. I'll give you that but I disagree with the chucker bit lol

FlashBolt
04-22-2015, 05:13 PM

He is. Go check before you go proclaiming Rose a defender. He was never good at defense. He doesn't fight through picks and much too often, they get past him and Noah/Pau are there to cover.

FlashBolt
04-22-2015, 05:14 PM
and also dunleavy on lebron won't happen. butler and snell will be the primary defenders on james. dunleavy would have no shot.

Dunleavy did a great job on James the games this season. Short sample but he can hold his own on spurts. In the case of Irving (who is unstoppable when he gets it going, James isn't that kind of threat. Irving can just shoot anywhere and has the ability to draw so much attention when he attacks the paint), Butler might be their best option on Irving. James can be contained much easier than an Irving who is going to drop 50.

Chronz
04-22-2015, 05:29 PM
I always felt chucker was relative. Like compared to Iverson, Kobe isn't a chucker. Compared to MJ, hes a chucker. And so on.

FlashBolt
04-22-2015, 05:35 PM
Irving is far from being a chucker. Obviously when your team sucks, you feel more compelled to chuck shots and being young himself, it was a process for him. With the Cavs, he's sorta matured and learned to turn up but also understand when a pass has to be made.

Tony_Starks
04-22-2015, 06:18 PM

You're preaching to the choir. He's always been legit in my book, really any bodies book if you watched him even halfway closely. Its one thing playing on a lackluster squad with the defense keyed on you, and another thing with what we're seeing now. Now that teams can't double him he has people on skates out there.

I used to literally laugh at people when they would proclaim the Lowry's and Dragics of the world were better than Kyrie. Not to mention the infamous "George Hill is better than Kyrie" blasphemy....

5ass
04-22-2015, 06:24 PM

Rose has been horrible defensively

KG2TB
04-22-2015, 06:26 PM
He is. Go check before you go proclaiming Rose a defender. He was never good at defense. He doesn't fight through picks and much too often, they get past him and Noah/Pau are there to cover.

Go check what? I watch every Bulls game. Look, I know you don't like Rose....that's been pretty well documented. But to say Brooks is a better defender than Derrick is laughable. Rose is a pretty good defender when he's locked in. He was a great defender during his MVP season and he's looked good so far in the two games this playoffs. Is he elite right now? No. But he's easily, EASILY better than Brooks who is a complete liability on that end. You just sound looney with statements like that.

Dunleavy did a great job on James the games this season. Short sample but he can hold his own on spurts. In the case of Irving (who is unstoppable when he gets it going, James isn't that kind of threat. Irving can just shoot anywhere and has the ability to draw so much attention when he attacks the paint), Butler might be their best option on Irving. James can be contained much easier than an Irving who is going to drop 50.

Pretty sure Thibs knows better than to put MDJ on LeBron for any extended amount of time. If MDJ is on LeBron, it's because there was a breakdown. MDJ is a decent defender but you don't put Butler on Kyrie to put MDJ on LeBron. That's just horrible strategy. Butler actually struggles more against smaller, shiftier guards like Kyrie.

I agree with you about Kyrie, though. Once he gets it going you're in trouble.

KG2TB
04-22-2015, 06:28 PM
Rose has been horrible defensively

When? This series? He hasn't been horrible. Brooks is a liability on that end EVERY TIME down the court. Rose wasn't great defensively during the regular season because he was coasting which is unfortunate, but to say he's horrible defensively during the two games is simply untrue.

5ass
04-22-2015, 06:34 PM
When? This series? He hasn't been horrible. Brooks is a liability on that end EVERY TIME down the court. Rose wasn't great defensively during the regular season because he was coasting which is unfortunate, but to say he's horrible defensively during the two games is simply untrue.

Im talking regular season. He was horrible."wasnt great" is putting it mildly and you know that.

KG2TB
04-22-2015, 06:36 PM
Im talking regular season. He was horrible."wasnt great" is putting it mildly and you know that.

Regular season he was pretty bad aside from a handful of games where he actually cared...on both ends of the court. Like I said, it's unfortunate but he's noticeably all in during the post season. He's still shaking off some rust, but he's been fine defensively so far....much more than Brooks. I mean...that's just one of the craziest staement I've heard in a while :laugh2:

Munkeysuit
04-22-2015, 06:40 PM
I honestly do not think the Bulls can beat the Cavs in a 7 game series, BUT! they will give them a run for their money that's for sure.

FlashBolt
04-22-2015, 07:01 PM
Go check what? I watch every Bulls game. Look, I know you don't like Rose....that's been pretty well documented. But to say Brooks is a better defender than Derrick is laughable. Rose is a pretty good defender when he's locked in. He was a great defender during his MVP season and he's looked good so far in the two games this playoffs. Is he elite right now? No. But he's easily, EASILY better than Brooks who is a complete liability on that end. You just sound looney with statements like that.

Pretty sure Thibs knows better than to put MDJ on LeBron for any extended amount of time. If MDJ is on LeBron, it's because there was a breakdown. MDJ is a decent defender but you don't put Butler on Kyrie to put MDJ on LeBron. That's just horrible strategy. Butler actually struggles more against smaller, shiftier guards like Kyrie.

I agree with you about Kyrie, though. Once he gets it going you're in trouble.

Brooks is a better defender. Go check the numbers when he's on and Derrick is off. Brooks fights for every possession while Rose doesn't. Brooks hustles every play and fights through picks. Derrick doesn't do that and it is why opponents score more when he's on the court. He has never been a great defender. Wtf are you talking about? Bulls were just amazing at defense because of other guys on the team. Bulls ranked 1st in OPPG and 2nd in DEFRTG last season. The previous season, they ranked sixth. Both were without Rose. So no, he isn't a great defender and I have no idea why you think he is. Better than Brooks? WTF, can you prove that or do you need me to start pulling up numbers?

Don't understand your second argument. When did I say they should stick Dunleavy on LeBron for the entire game? I said that Irving is a complete monster when he is HOT and Bulls should contemplate putting Butler on him instead of LeBron because LeBron at his best could not shoot everywhere like Irving can. Dunleavy has been a good defender for stretches and that solution is much better because there is no way Brooks/Rose can guard Irving. You essentially wrote all that nonsense but then agreed with me on your last sentence. I'm totally confused on what you are debating with right now. Never once did I said Dunleavy was better than Butler on defense. Just saying stick Butler on Irving if it comes to it.

KG2TB
04-22-2015, 07:24 PM
:laugh2:

I'm done with you. Have fun thinking Brooks is a better defender than Rose. You're probably the only person on this earth who is ridiculous enough to say that or type that with a straight face. Everyone knows teams go after Brooks on defense because he's undersized and gets abused. And Rose was absolutely an elite defender at the PG position during his MVP year. ESPECIALLY in ISO situations where I believe he ranked number 1, or near the top of the list in those situations. It's clear your biased on this one....ANYONE who puts Brooks over Rose defensively is either extremely biased, or just clueless. Either way, I'm not wasting anymore time with you with such nonsense.

As for your second point about MDJ....yes, I agree that Kyrie is dangerous but when he gets going like he's capable of going, no one is going to stop him. You don't put Butler on him, who is better at defending bigger wing players than PG's, and have MDJ on LeBron. If you're talking about putting MDJ on LeBron a handful of possessions, whatever...as long as it's not during the fourth quarter. But in all likelihood the only guys guarding LeBron will be Butler and Snell and rightfully so.

FlashBolt
04-22-2015, 07:34 PM
:laugh2:

I'm done with you. Have fun thinking Brooks is a better defender than Rose. You're probably the only person on this earth who is ridiculous enough to say that or type that with a straight face. Everyone knows teams go after Brooks on defense because he's undersized and gets abused. And Rose was absolutely an elite defender at the PG position during his MVP year. ESPECIALLY in ISO situations where I believe he ranked number 1, or near the top of the list in those situations. It's clear your biased on this one....ANYONE who puts Brooks over Rose defensively is either extremely biased, or just clueless. Either way, I'm not wasting anymore time with you with such nonsense.

As for your second point about MDJ....yes, I agree that Kyrie is dangerous but when he gets going like he's capable of going, no one is going to stop him. You don't put Butler on him, who is better at defending bigger wing players than PG's, and have MDJ on LeBron. If you're talking about putting MDJ on LeBron a handful of possessions, whatever...as long as it's not during the fourth quarter. But in all likelihood the only guys guarding LeBron will be Butler and Snell and rightfully so.

Can you not read? The BULLS allow FEWER points with Brooks on the floor than with Rose. Wtf are you talking about? It's on google and everywhere else you want to find it on. Rose doesn't play defense and you know it. Might have to do with him being injured and more cautious but Brooks does because he fights past picks and hustles every play. Elite defender his MVP year? Are you serious? He didn't even crack top 25 in DPOY voting and didn't get a single vote for any All-NBA defensive teams. How are you elite but don't crack any votes for both categories? I cannot recall anyone in my lifetime saying Rose is an elite defender. That is just mindboggling stupid. Please, name me one elite defender in NBA history who has never cracked top 25 in DPOY voting and had a whooping zero votes for All-NBA defensive teams. I'll wait.

Who's the Bulls best defender? Butler. Period. He defends better than Rose/Brooks/Noah (this season, he's not the same), and whoever else you want to add onto the list. You put Butler on Irving when Irving is looking to score 50. That's something you 100% do because Rose isn't going to stop Irving in pick situations and his health is still a concern and Brooks is just too small (like you said). You agreed with me on this assessment so stop trying to argue just to argue.

"I agree with you about Kyrie, though. Once he gets it going you're in trouble. "

That's what you said and that's what I said.

In case you're confused (which I think you are):

http://i.gyazo.com/ef882b0a94450cd05e146a387f61e94c.png

This is just for the top 25. For all we know, Rose might not even crack the top 50.

KG2TB
04-22-2015, 07:46 PM
I said elite for the pg position, genius. Not an elite defender in the league. Also, saying the bulls allow fewer points when brooks is playing doesn't remotely prove he's better than rose at defense because of the other myriad of factors. It's like using +\- as a meaningful stat. It's meaningless. Again, I don't know why I waste my time because you can't read or comprehend simple concepts.

FlashBolt
04-22-2015, 07:51 PM
I said elite for the pg position, genius. Not an elite defender in the league. Also, saying the bulls allow fewer points when brooks is playing doesn't remotely prove he's better than rose at defense because of the other myriad of factors. It's like using +\- as a meaningful stat. It's meaningless. Again, I don't know why I waste my time because you can't read or comprehend simple concepts.

Elite for PG position means you're an elite defender regardless of what standard you want to use. What kind of elite defender for a position isn't regarded as an elite defender? That makes zero sense. Is CP3 not an elite defender despite being an elite PG defender? Also, All-NBA defensive teams do count PG's but how many did Rose make again? Also, you just avoid the statistical part of it and resulted to the "I DON'T WANT TO DEBATE ANYMORE BECAUSE ROSE IS A BETTER DEFENDER." Can you prove that or are you just going to run away and avoid doing so? Rose doesn't play defense; that's a fact. Brooks is a better defender because he can fight through picks/hustles. A huge part of defense is pure hustle. Because Rose can't hustle (injury/fear), he's less inclined to defend whereas Brook has absolutely nothing to lose. What can't you understand? Actually, I think I am done as well. You're just saying Rose is a better defender without any reasoning. Then you go on about Butler/Dunleavy when you basically agree with me at the end anyways. No idea what you're talking about.

L8kers4life
Can you not read? The BULLS allow FEWER points with Brooks on the floor than with Rose. Wtf are you talking about? It's on google and everywhere else you want to find it on. Rose doesn't play defense and you know it. Might have to do with him being injured and more cautious but Brooks does because he fights past picks and hustles every play. Elite defender his MVP year? Are you serious? He didn't even crack top 25 in DPOY voting and didn't get a single vote for any All-NBA defensive teams. How are you elite but don't crack any votes for both categories? I cannot recall anyone in my lifetime saying Rose is an elite defender. That is just mindboggling stupid. Please, name me one elite defender in NBA history who has never cracked top 25 in DPOY voting and had a whooping zero votes for All-NBA defensive teams. I'll wait.

Who's the Bulls best defender? Butler. Period. He defends better than Rose/Brooks/Noah (this season, he's not the same), and whoever else you want to add onto the list. You put Butler on Irving when Irving is looking to score 50. That's something you 100% do because Rose isn't going to stop Irving in pick situations and his health is still a concern and Brooks is just too small (like you said). You agreed with me on this assessment so stop trying to argue just to argue.

"I agree with you about Kyrie, though. Once he gets it going you're in trouble. "

That's what you said and that's what I said.

In case you're confused (which I think you are):

http://i.gyazo.com/ef882b0a94450cd05e146a387f61e94c.png

This is just for the top 25. For all we know, Rose might not even crack the top 50.

Man you pretty much rub everyone the wrong ways, I love how you throw your stupid little stats around like " The BULLS allow FEWER points with Brooks on the floor than with Rose" but fail to use something like that in context. Did you ever think, that possibly the bulls have a better team defensively when Brooks is on the floor, or maybe that the Bulls slow down a bit when Brooks is on the floor. Also, saying that Brooks goes after loose balls and fights on every possesion isnt saying much, he is a role player who's primary job is to slow down the ball. He doesnt have to carry the scoring load, he can focus his efforts on D. To simply state Rose isnt as good defensively as Brooks, is hilarious. Your a terrible poster, it is fun watching people call you out....

Ezio
Last time Brooks had to defend MCW, MCW scored around 10 straight simply by backing down Brooks.

KG2TB
04-22-2015, 08:03 PM
Elite for PG position means you're an elite defender regardless of what standard you want to use. What kind of elite defender for a position isn't regarded as an elite defender? That makes zero sense. Is CP3 not an elite defender despite being an elite PG defender? Also, All-NBA defensive teams do count PG's but how many did Rose make again? Also, you just avoid the statistical part of it and resulted to the "I DON'T WANT TO DEBATE ANYMORE BECAUSE ROSE IS A BETTER DEFENDER." Can you prove that or are you just going to run away and avoid doing so? Rose doesn't play defense; that's a fact. Brooks is a better defender because he can fight through picks/hustles. A huge part of defense is pure hustle. Because Rose can't hustle (injury/fear), he's less inclined to defend whereas Brook has absolutely nothing to lose. What can't you understand? Actually, I think I am done as well. You're just saying Rose is a better defender without any reasoning. Then you go on about Butler/Dunleavy when you basically agree with me at the end anyways. No idea what you're talking about.

Look man, elite defender for the position means he's top 5-10 at the position which he was during his MVP year. Just stop. In less than 24 hours you've demonstrated

1. Failure to differentiate simple concepts like fact vs opinion
2. Failure to read and comprehend
3. Failure to use proper context and use horrible stats to try to prove horrendously stupid OPINIONS
4. Continued to debate a point WITH video that I agreed with you on (2nd Zaza tech)
5. Claimed Aaron Brooks is a better defender than Derrick Rose

You've demonstrated more stupidity and ignorance in ONE DAY than most posters on here do in a year. Just do yourself and everyone on here a favor and stop.

L8kers4life
04-22-2015, 08:10 PM
Look man, elite defender for the position means he's top 5-10 at the position which he was during his MVP year. Just stop. In less than 24 hours you've demonstrated

1. Failure to differentiate simple concepts like fact vs opinion
2. Failure to read and comprehend
3. Failure to use proper context and use horrible stats to try to prove horrendously stupid OPINIONS
4. Continued to debate a point WITH video that I agreed with you on (2nd Zaza tech)
5. Claimed Aaron Brooks is a better defender than Derrick Rose

You've demonstrated more stupidity and ignorance in ONE DAY than most posters on here do in a year. Just do yourself and everyone on here a favor and stop.

:cheers:

5ass
04-22-2015, 09:13 PM
Regular season he was pretty bad aside from a handful of games where he actually cared...on both ends of the court. Like I said, it's unfortunate but he's noticeably all in during the post season. He's still shaking off some rust, but he's been fine defensively so far....much more than Brooks. I mean...that's just one of the craziest staement I've heard in a while :laugh2:
Most of playing defense is about caring and giving effort. Fact is he was a bad defender. You're overrating rose. When you say "not great" its actually horrible, and rose was never an "elite" defender. ****, i dont remember watching any bulls game and thinking wow they won that game because rose shut down player x. Do you? How many great defensive plays do you remember rose making down the stretch of a game?

KG2TB
04-22-2015, 09:18 PM
Most of playing defense is about caring and giving effort. Fact is he was a bad defender. You're overrating rose. When you say "not great" its actually horrible, and rose was never an "elite" defender. ****, i dont remember watching any bulls game and thinking wow they won that game because rose shut down player x. Do you? How many great defensive plays do you remember rose making down the stretch of a game?

Quite a few. His block on Rondo during that epic playoff series at the last second jumps out but there's tons of others. I'm not overrating anybody. He was a very good defender at the PG position his MVP year. This year during the regular season he didn't play hard. I've acknowledged that. When he's locked in, he's good. ESPECIALLY in ISO situations. Like I said, during his MVP he was top 3, maybe even number 1 in ISO defense as far as PG's go. So....I'm not really sure what else to tell you. Is he an elite defender in the league? NO. I've never eluded to such a thing....but when he's locked in, he's an above average defender at the position.

5ass
04-22-2015, 09:25 PM
Agree with your last statement. When he's locked in he's slightly above avg.
I kind of remember a block on rondo too now that you mention it. Well okay, but rondo is one of the worst scorers in the league and you get my point.

KG2TB
04-22-2015, 09:26 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/656564-derrick-roses-dismal-defense-dismissing-disparaging-drivel

Good article if you and Flash want to educate yourselves. Obviously, he wasn't great at defense this year. You may say he was horrible, whatever. Not going to split hairs, but the above article shows how he was no doubt an elite PG defender before he got injured and no doubt can still be that player when he gives an effort in the post season.

5ass
04-22-2015, 09:34 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/656564-derrick-roses-dismal-defense-dismissing-disparaging-drivel

Good article if you and Flash want to educate yourselves. Obviously, he wasn't great at defense this year. You may say he was horrible, whatever. Not going to split hairs, but the above article shows how he was no doubt an elite PG defender before he got injured and no doubt can still be that player when he gives an effort in the post season.
I really dont care mich for defensive numbers. Look guys like chris paul matchup with the oponents best scoring guard (sometimes SF), and Rose always had the best supporting cast defensively. Will read the article when i get the chance im currently watching the grizz, but understand a lot of these #s are skewed. Cp3 was an elite defender (and still is), rose's defense never came close to CP's imo.

KG2TB
04-22-2015, 09:40 PM
I really dont care mich for defensive numbers. Look guys like chris paul matchup with the oponents best scoring guard (sometimes SF), and Rose always had the best supporting cast defensively. Will read the article when i get the chance im currently watching the grizz, but understand a lot of these #s are skewed. Cp3 was an elite defender (and still is), rose's defense never came close to CP's imo.

That's fair. I'm admittedly not the biggest fan of defensive numbers either but I do pay attention to some of the stats in the article (in conjunction with watching the games). I agree with you that CP3 was and is a better defender than Derrick. ALthough, this might not be popular opinion, I do believe CP3's defense is SLIGHTLY overrated. He's still one of the best defenders at the position, though.

IKnowHoops
04-22-2015, 09:42 PM
Quite a few. His block on Rondo during that epic playoff series at the last second jumps out but there's tons of others. I'm not overrating anybody. He was a very good defender at the PG position his MVP year. This year during the regular season he didn't play hard. I've acknowledged that. When he's locked in, he's good. ESPECIALLY in ISO situations. Like I said, during his MVP he was top 3, maybe even number 1 in ISO defense as far as PG's go. So....I'm not really sure what else to tell you. Is he an elite defender in the league? NO. I've never eluded to such a thing....but when he's locked in, he's an above average defender at the position.

The best defense on Kyrie that Ive seen this year was administered by D-Rose.

KG2TB
04-22-2015, 09:45 PM
The best defense on Kyrie that Ive seen this year was administered by D-Rose.

Yeah, he's played him well. I still expect Kyrie to go off a couple games next round but when Rose is locked in, he's very good defensively. Kyrie will get his for sure, but you don't shut down players like that. I can't wait for that matchup.

LionsFan..LOL
04-22-2015, 10:14 PM
Enough with the pointless and/or stupid troll threads.