PDA

View Full Version : "Crazy Trade Rumours"

xbrackattackx
04-21-2015, 08:56 AM
With free agency and The draft coming up. Let's take a few minutes to relive some of the crazy trade rumors we have heard with our teams. And what could have been.

For example I heard on a local radio show this morning. That the Lakers will trade Randle and their Pick for Boogie and Sign LMA. Lololol. There's no way.

I also remember sign and trade/Up right signing rumors when Duncan was thinking of going elsewhere. Orlando would have been stacked with Tmac,Hill and Duncan. But Duncan made the right move staying with the genius Pop and not the glass men.

What's some good ones you got? Past or present?

valade16
04-21-2015, 09:06 AM
Hands down the craziest trade rumor I've ever seen was from Olajuwan's book:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/529731-what-if-jordan-hakeem-and-drexler-played-together-with-the-houston-rockets#articles/529731-what-if-jordan-hakeem-and-drexler-played-together-with-the-houston-rockets

Essentially, Portland offered to trade the #2 pick and Clyde Drexler for Ralph Sampson. Had they done that Houston was going to select Hakeem #1 and MJ #2.

They would have had Jordan, Hakeem, and Drexler.

PhillyFaninLA
04-21-2015, 09:25 AM
With free agency and The draft coming up. Let's take a few minutes to relive some of the crazy trade rumors we have heard with our teams. And what could have been.

For example I heard on a local radio show this morning. That the Lakers will trade Randle and their Pick for Boogie and Sign LMA. Lololol. There's no way.

I also remember sign and trade/Up right signing rumors when Duncan was thinking of going elsewhere. Orlando would have been stacked with Tmac,Hill and Duncan. But Duncan made the right move staying with the genius Pop and not the glass men.

What's some good ones you got? Past or present?

There is no guarantee they have there pick...they are 4th if 2 teams jump them in the lottery the pick goes to Philly (this is unlikely but still possible)..can't talk trading a pick until they know its theirs to trade

xbrackattackx
04-21-2015, 09:26 AM
Omg! His airness and the dream with Clyde. Wow. That would be a crazy team! I wonder who the PG and PF would have been?

xbrackattackx
04-21-2015, 09:33 AM
There is no guarantee they have there pick...they are 4th if 2 teams jump them in the lottery the pick goes to Philly (this is unlikely but still possible)..can't talk trading a pick until they know its theirs to trade

I agree! I just don't think there's a way in hell Lakers get Boogie and LMA. And that just sounds like a media/wanna be gm made up trade!
I hope we keep our pick. But I kinda wanna do like Boston,Thunder and Philly. Get young guys and fill in great leadership Vets.

lamzoka
04-21-2015, 12:38 PM
Ok this is not a trade rumor, it's free agency.

in 2004 Isiah Thomas went to Los Angeles to recruit Kobe Bryant. The funny thing was Knicks was well over the cap and didn't have the money to sign him. instead he offered him the mid-level exception and a chance to play with Marbury. lol

But of course Kobe made the wrong decision. He signed a 100+ million dollars contract with the Lakers and went on and win 2 more rings.

Method28
04-21-2015, 01:46 PM
Omg! His airness and the dream with Clyde. Wow. That would be a crazy team! I wonder who the PG and PF would have been?
I think you and I could've filled those roles and they'd be just fine lol

xbrackattackx
04-21-2015, 04:27 PM
Quote Originally Posted by xbrackattackx View Post
I think you and I could've filled those roles and they'd be just fine lol

Aight bro! Dibs on point guard! I'm only 6"3 no way this guy is playing PF!

xbrackattackx
04-21-2015, 04:35 PM
Ok this is not a trade rumor, it's free agency.

in 2004 Isiah Thomas went to Los Angeles to recruit Kobe Bryant. The funny thing was Knicks was well over the cap and didn't have the money to sign him. instead he offered him the mid-level exception and a chance to play with Marbury. lol

But of course Kobe made the wrong decision. He signed a 100+ million dollars contract with the Lakers and went on and win 2 more rings.

So it would have been..

Marbury/Hardaway
Kobe/Houston/Crawford
Tim Thomas(I think)/J Williams
Vin baker/Rose
Kurt Thomas/Sweeney

Better then what NY had! I wonder if they would have traded for anyone else? I maybe wrong on Tim Thomas and that might have been the season A. Hardaway was playing Wing as well. Can't remember.

Cal827
04-21-2015, 09:48 PM
Vince Carter for the 5th pick in the 2003 NBA Draft was one I remember from the past. Would've drafted Bosh and Wade :facepalm:

One from recently. Raptors and Golden State talking for Bosh for a bunch of players including the pick that ended up being Steph Curry..... Golden State thought better of it, and seeing how this year went... smart move by them :laugh2:

ROY 2 MVP Braun
04-21-2015, 11:36 PM
Vince Carter for the 5th pick in the 2003 NBA Draft was one I remember from the past. Would've drafted Bosh and Wade :facepalm:

One from recently. Raptors and Golden State talking for Bosh for a bunch of players including the pick that ended up being Steph Curry..... Golden State thought better of it, and seeing how this year went... smart move by them :laugh2:

it was rumored the the milwaukee media and radio stations that in the bogut deal that they had offered curry but the bucks passed due to concerns about his ankles and him being able to play with Jennings... smh if only milwaukee had someone who could score the ball right now!

valade16
04-22-2015, 08:56 AM
Wasn't Steph Curry openly campaigning to be drafted by the Knicks and they still passed on him?

JWO35
04-22-2015, 09:23 AM
From the Pistons

-Tayshaun Prince, Rip Hamilton, fillers, and lots of draft picks for Kobe Bryant
I thought it was BS back then, but earlier this year Kobe confirmed he nixed the deal due to his no trade clause

-Before we hired Larry Brown as our HC, we were in talks to acquire Allen Iverson from the 76ers, of course hiring Brown ended any thought to bring Iverson along(I remember watching some NBATV documentary about Larry Brown, and he said it was either him or Iverson going to Detroit). Too bad we got to see "over the hill" Iverson in Detroit vs the "prime" Iverson.

-The infamous Rondo & Ray Allen for Stuckey, Hamilton, an Prince trade is one of the more recent potential Pistons blockbusters I can remember.

-My first post ever on PSD was about the Pistons rumors of trading for Amare Stoudemire :laugh2:

-Also Rodney Stuckey & Charlie Villanueva for Rudy Gay(Toronto)

colinskik
04-22-2015, 09:51 AM
Wasn't Steph Curry openly campaigning to be drafted by the Knicks and they still passed on him?

Not even close to truth, and how dare you spread such vicious rumors.

The Knicks openly discussed their interest in drafting Curry, thereby upping his trade value to the point that GS selected him with their pick, one before the Knicks.

The way I remember it, before the Knicks' brass started talking up Curry, he was projected to be picked much lower.

valade16
04-22-2015, 10:13 AM
Not even close to truth, and how dare you spread such vicious rumors.

The Knicks openly discussed their interest in drafting Curry, thereby upping his trade value to the point that GS selected him with their pick, one before the Knicks.

The way I remember it, before the Knicks' brass started talking up Curry, he was projected to be picked much lower.

You should tell these articles:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/14/sports/basketball/stephen-curry-wanted-to-play-in-new-york-but-fate-intervened.html?_r=0

In a telephone interview, Curry’s father, Dell, who played 16 N.B.A. seasons as a sweet-shooting guard, said: “The Warriors had some questionable characters on their team, the Knicks really needed a point guard, and we felt that Stephen would fit perfectly with a coach like Mike D’Antoni, playing that fast, up-and-down style. He loved the idea of playing at Madison Square Garden.”

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/14/knicks-and-stephen-curry-wanted-each-other-before-2009-draft/

For Walsh, the most painful part of the episode is that leading into the draft, Curry wanted no part of the Warriors and, assuming he was not going to be drafted higher, pointed to the Knicks as his preferred landing site. Curry refused to so much as visit or work out for the Warriors.

So I guess I was wrong looking back at the draft order in that they didn't pass on him because they had the pick after GS, but Curry definitely wanted to play for NY.

Sactown
04-22-2015, 03:05 PM
You should tell these articles:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/14/sports/basketball/stephen-curry-wanted-to-play-in-new-york-but-fate-intervened.html?_r=0

In a telephone interview, Curry’s father, Dell, who played 16 N.B.A. seasons as a sweet-shooting guard, said: “The Warriors had some questionable characters on their team, the Knicks really needed a point guard, and we felt that Stephen would fit perfectly with a coach like Mike D’Antoni, playing that fast, up-and-down style. He loved the idea of playing at Madison Square Garden.”

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/14/knicks-and-stephen-curry-wanted-each-other-before-2009-draft/

For Walsh, the most painful part of the episode is that leading into the draft, Curry wanted no part of the Warriors and, assuming he was not going to be drafted higher, pointed to the Knicks as his preferred landing site. Curry refused to so much as visit or work out for the Warriors.

So I guess I was wrong looking back at the draft order in that they didn't pass on him because they had the pick after GS, but Curry definitely wanted to play for NY.
Yes I remember NY begging for him to drop but it wasn't like Curry refused to work out with teams, I honestly was a hoping the Kings would draft him after he worked out for us but we passed for Tyreke

cmellofan15
04-22-2015, 03:18 PM
Ty lawson for Cousins, I heard something about that recently.