PDA

View Full Version : Chris Paul is at a crossroads and he knows it

Clippersfan86
04-16-2015, 02:20 PM
http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2430503-chris-paul-at-a-crossroads?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-league?is_shared=true

Great read. Immediately looked for author and was shocked that it was shamed ex ESPN writer and Kevin Durant rival Chris Palmer who wrote it. Never knew CP3 and KG fought.

KnicksorBust
04-16-2015, 02:36 PM
Last year was the first time I felt his playoff performance tarnished his legacy. I almost feel guilty writing this (because he's going against the Spurs in round 1) but anything short of a Finals run will be more disappointment and keep cementing his legacy as a Stockton/Ewing. He's got that Isiah Thomas game in him...let's see it.

Clippersfan86
04-16-2015, 08:54 PM
Maybe. I think he will be angry this year and dominate.

SPURSFAN1
04-16-2015, 09:01 PM

Or Tim Duncan and Co. do the usual business and 4-0.

Tony_Starks
04-16-2015, 09:10 PM
http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2430503-chris-paul-at-a-crossroads?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-league?is_shared=true

Great read. Immediately looked for author and was shocked that it was shamed ex ESPN writer and Kevin Durant rival Chris Palmer who wrote it. Never knew CP3 and KG fought.

Where did you get him and KG fighting from? From what I read it was just typical Kevin being Kevin....

xxplayerxx23
04-16-2015, 09:12 PM

Won't be a sweep

rockets-fan
04-16-2015, 09:16 PM
Let's get real..every team is WC finals or bust other than NO.

If the Warriors don't make it, they'll be talked about it as the best team not to make it...

Clippers, Paul and Griffin. Pretty much says it all. They have to make it.

Blazers, might have less expectations now because of injuries but they had win or busy mentality.

Houston, MVP conversations and Howard signing make this team win or bust. If they don't make it they'll be ridiculed.

Dallas, signing parsons to a max, rondo trade ect...they're all in

Memphis, contention window is closing

Spurs are the Spurs

And this is unfortunate for many of the teams because these are the best teams they've had and just happen to have it in the BEST WESTERN CONFERENCE EVER. All of these teams would have pretty good odds at making the conference finals 3-10 years ago. But their chances now are equal...any team can get hot and go all the way. Who will it be?!?

G_S_W
04-17-2015, 01:57 AM
Let's get real..every team is WC finals or bust other than NO.

If the Warriors don't make it, they'll be talked about it as the best team not to make it...

Clippers, Paul and Griffin. Pretty much says it all. They have to make it.

Blazers, might have less expectations now because of injuries but they had win or busy mentality.

Houston, MVP conversations and Howard signing make this team win or bust. If they don't make it they'll be ridiculed.

Dallas, signing parsons to a max, rondo trade ect...they're all in

Memphis, contention window is closing

Spurs are the Spurs

And this is unfortunate for many of the teams because these are the best teams they've had and just happen to have it in the BEST WESTERN CONFERENCE EVER. All of these teams would have pretty good odds at making the conference finals 3-10 years ago. But their chances now are equal...any team can get hot and go all the way. Who will it be?!?

You may very well be correct. Imagine how freaky the WC would've been had these teams been healthy.

As it stands, AD barely made it to the dance, KD and Westbrick didn't, the Mavs with Rondo, Dirk, Monta, Chandler Parsons, etc all healthy, barely make it to 50 wins, Howard missed most of the season, etc.

The NBA really does have to revisit the idea of how to allocate playoff positions. I'd like to see the top six teams from each conference guaranteed spots, and the remaining best four teams regardless of conference given playoff spots.

The brilliance of WC GM's is punished while the relative incompetence of EC GM's is being rewarded.

PowerHouse
04-17-2015, 02:26 AM

Best western conference ever really? What about 2009-10 season when every WC team was a 50 game winner or better? That season certainly falls within your 3-10 year range.

*side note: The #8 seed in 09-10 were the Thunder with a roster that featured names like Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, James Harden, Serge Ibaka and Jeff Green.

SF8
04-17-2015, 02:45 AM
CP3 is the one star player in the NBA who has avoided heavy criticism for not winning a ring.

LeBron had it, Dirk had it, Melo and Durant still have it but nobody ever gave CP3 crap for being in the league so long and still not winning 1.

Sadds The Gr8
04-17-2015, 02:56 AM
I want to see him finally make a deep run but too bad he's going out in the 1st round

More-Than-Most
04-17-2015, 02:57 AM
CP3 is the one star player in the NBA who has avoided heavy criticism for not winning a ring.

LeBron had it, Dirk had it, Melo and Durant still have it but nobody ever gave CP3 crap for being in the league so long and still not winning 1.

and when 1 person is capable of winning a ring then he justly deserves such critism... He has played really well in most playoffs and guess what they still lose.... Until he can clone himself 5 times and play every position its not gonna be on CP3 why they don't win a ring... He literally is the best person on the floor on both sides of the ball in almost every game.

More-Than-Most
04-17-2015, 03:00 AM
Last year was the first time I felt his playoff performance tarnished his legacy. I almost feel guilty writing this (because he's going against the Spurs in round 1) but anything short of a Finals run will be more disappointment and keep cementing his legacy as a Stockton/Ewing. He's got that Isiah Thomas game in him...let's see it.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/paulch01.html#all_playoffs_advanced

He was incredible last year :shrug:

Per 36 minutes he avg 20/10 and 3 steals per game on 46 percent shooting.... O.O

In the final 2 elimination games against OKC he put up 17/14 and 4 steals.... In the final elimination game he put up 26/11 and 7 rebounds... he turned the ball over 8 times total combined in those 2 games. I just dont know what else he can possibly do

numba1CHANGsta
04-17-2015, 03:02 AM
This is the Clippers last year to win it all, this has to be the playoffs where CP3 finally plays out of his mind and helps his team win it cuz after this season Jordan will be gone and so will the Clippers chances of ever winning it all

BornReady
04-17-2015, 03:08 AM
CP3 is a dawg and I hope he wins a ring sooner rather than later.

Btw, have you all seen what he did for his grandpa in High school? true beast...if interested let me know I'll send you the link

SF8
04-17-2015, 04:53 AM
and when 1 person is capable of winning a ring then he justly deserves such critism... He has played really well in most playoffs and guess what they still lose.... Until he can clone himself 5 times and play every position its not gonna be on CP3 why they don't win a ring... He literally is the best person on the floor on both sides of the ball in almost every game.
So are the other superstars and yet they don't get his preferential treatment.

KnicksorBust
04-17-2015, 07:27 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/paulch01.html#all_playoffs_advanced

He was incredible last year :shrug:

Per 36 minutes he avg 20/10 and 3 steals per game on 46 percent shooting.... O.O

In the final 2 elimination games against OKC he put up 17/14 and 4 steals.... In the final elimination game he put up 26/11 and 7 rebounds... he turned the ball over 8 times total combined in those 2 games. I just dont know what else he can possibly do

Dude I'm sorry but you clearly didn't watch the games. He had a meltdown in game 5 that is burned in my brain forever.

More-Than-Most
04-17-2015, 09:58 AM
Dude I'm sorry but you clearly didn't watch the games. He had a meltdown in game 5 that is burned in my brain forever.

Wouldn't you have a melt down if you were going against one of the best teams in the league with 0 help behind you? He has had no help in the playoffs.... Like at all. There is only so la person can carry the load before their back breaks from the weight.

rockets-fan
04-17-2015, 10:21 AM
Best western conference ever really? What about 2009-10 season when every WC team was a 50 game winner or better? That season certainly falls within your 3-10 year range.

*side note: The #8 seed in 09-10 were the Thunder with a roster that featured names like Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, James Harden, Serge Ibaka and Jeff Green.

Did you research which of those teams that year had major injuries to their teams? I might be wrong but that was a pretty healthy year for the WC.

Look at how good this year has been with a ton of injuries to the whole conference other than GS. Yea I do believe that this year was better than 09/10. Just my opinion

valade16
04-17-2015, 10:35 AM

I think part of it is that he is a PG and they aren't traditionally known for winning rings. If you look at the top PGs of all-time (outside Magic) you see:

Oscar needed Kareem to get his 1 ring. Stockton couldn't win one, Nash couldn't win one, Kidd needed Dirk to win one, Payton needed Wade to win one.

It's true Frazier and IT both got a couple rings but overall it seems most win rings at the downside of their career after teaming with another superstar who carries the load.

goingfor28
04-17-2015, 01:34 PM
This is the Clippers last year to win it all, this has to be the playoffs where CP3 finally plays out of his mind and helps his team win it cuz after this season Jordan will be gone and so will the Clippers chances of ever winning it all
DJ won't sign elsewhere. Clippers will give him the max. If he leaves it's not like they magically have a ton of money to spend, so they have to throw the max at him. He's also BFF w Blake.

KnicksorBust
04-17-2015, 03:22 PM

Wouldn't you have a melt down if you were going against one of the best teams in the league with 0 help behind you? He has had no help in the playoffs.... Like at all. There is only so la person can carry the load before their back breaks from the weight.

The point is people cant heap all this praise on him and then shrug off an epic collapse like Game 5. Either he is built to win or he is not.

PowerHouse
04-17-2015, 03:41 PM
Did you research which of those teams that year had major injuries to their teams? I might be wrong but that was a pretty healthy year for the WC.

Look at how good this year has been with a ton of injuries to the whole conference other than GS. Yea I do believe that this year was better than 09/10. Just my opinion

:confused:

If what you're saying is true and all wc playoff teams were healthy that year then that only strengthens my argument. If I had my choice between a healthy team who have all their key components and had a chance to stay on the court together and gel and mesh for a full 82 game shcedule compared to a team who havent had that chance or are missing key cogs, I'll go with choice A.

rockets-fan
04-17-2015, 04:08 PM
:confused:

If what you're saying is true and all wc playoff teams were healthy that year then that only strengthens my argument. If I had my choice between a healthy team who have all their key components and had a chance to stay on the court together and gel and mesh for a full 82 game shcedule compared to a team who havent had that chance or are missing key cogs, I'll go with choice A.

Hey that's your opinion and I respect that. But top to bottom, i feel like this years conference was the best I'd ever seen. I remember that 09 season, I just think this one was tougher.

Avenged
04-17-2015, 05:23 PM

Nah. Clips will get 1.

KnicksorBust
04-17-2015, 05:26 PM

Nah. Clips will get 1.

More than 1...

SF8
05-15-2015, 03:11 AM
He's still the biggest choker in NBA playoffs history. Every..Damn...Season..

More-Than-Most
05-15-2015, 05:06 AM
He's still the biggest choker in NBA playoffs history. Every..Damn...Season..

Yea he was sooooo bad tonight with his 31-11-7 over 50 percent shooting. That last quarter where nobody but him played defense and everyone was missing shots... HE CHOKED SO HARD :rolleyes:

I am sure it had nothing to do with crawford/barnes/Redick/Rivers going 13-46. CP3 being a PG he should force shots and tell them to stop shooting even though he sets them up for wide open shots that they cant make... The ****ing horror that is cp3. He is trash.

More-Than-Most
05-15-2015, 05:11 AM
The point is people cant heap all this praise on him and then shrug off an epic collapse like Game 5. Either he is built to win or he is not.

He seemed built to win against the most dangerous team in the west when he helped eliminate them... How about tonight? This is the story of his career... Does everything in his power to put them in position to win and the entire team stinks outside of 2 players..... But the one guy that had the best night choked.

More-Than-Most
05-15-2015, 05:15 AM
Oh yea lets also factor in that he went out there and played like that tonight while playing 41 minutes and playing the most minutes this post season so far over everybody in like 12 GP so far... But he chokes doh

sturm
05-15-2015, 05:22 AM
I respect CP3. He is now 30 already and 10 years veteran in NBA. Such a high level he has been played his entire career. More than deserved a ring bevor he decline.

YAALREADYKNO
05-15-2015, 08:16 AM

Kobe had 3 and was still getting *** for not being able to win without shaq

YAALREADYKNO
05-15-2015, 08:19 AM
Yea he was sooooo bad tonight with his 31-11-7 over 50 percent shooting. That last quarter where nobody but him played defense and everyone was missing shots... HE CHOKED SO HARD :rolleyes:

I am sure it had nothing to do with crawford/barnes/Redick/Rivers going 13-46. CP3 being a PG he should force shots and tell them to stop shooting even though he sets them up for wide open shots that they cant make... The ****ing horror that is cp3. He is trash.

Jason terry was guarding him. Why not takeover in the 4th and just forget everyone else

Sadds The Gr8
05-15-2015, 11:34 AM
The game yesterday wasn't his fault. His whole team froze on the 4th and he had to take all the shots down the stretch. Even blake was shook....missed layups and hot potato'd the ball to cp3 anytime he got it after that.

Scoots
05-15-2015, 11:54 AM
I respect CP3s game, but his complaining and flopping make me not respect the man. I can't wait until he is gone from these playoffs and from the game.

Gene2420
05-15-2015, 11:57 AM
I respect CP3s game, but his complaining and flopping make me not respect the man. I can't wait until he is gone from these playoffs and from the game.

Agreed

G_S_W
05-15-2015, 02:23 PM
I've long respected CP3's fire and focus. He's one of a handful of the most competitive guys in the assoc.

Having said that, the eye test in the 4th quarter tells me he completely choked. The entire team choked under his watch. Doc Rivers couldn't offer any direction either.

The clips have a chance for redemption sunday. But then again, so do the rockets and dare I say, james harden.

Scoots
05-15-2015, 02:58 PM
The clips have a chance for redemption sunday. But then again, so do the rockets and dare I say, james harden.

That's going to be a looooooong wait for the Clips to get to Sunday night (I think, have not seen the official time yet pending the other series results tonight).

ewing
05-15-2015, 04:07 PM
I respect CP3. He is now 30 already and 10 years veteran in NBA. Such a high level he has been played his entire career. More than deserved a ring bevor he decline.

he doesn't deserve **** unless he goes and wins it.

ewing
05-15-2015, 04:11 PM
The game yesterday wasn't his fault. His whole team froze on the 4th and he had to take all the shots down the stretch. Even blake was shook....missed layups and hot potato'd the ball to cp3 anytime he got it after that.

he didn't take all the shots. He took some shots but most were forced by the a running shot clock. Cp3 didn't look to create for himself or push the ball in the 4th. When the team was clearly shook i think he should have called his own #

Sadds The Gr8
05-15-2015, 04:14 PM
he didn't take all the shots. He took some shots but most were forced by the a running shot clock. Cp3 did look to create for himself or push the ball in the 4th. When the team was clearly shook i think he should have called his own #
He took most, and the other guys he wide open shot and were freaked out. Crawford, Barnes, redick had open 3s and all missed badly and air balled. Cp3 wasn't good either but everyone else was worse. Blake should take more blame than cp3

ewing
05-15-2015, 04:25 PM
He took most, and the other guys he wide open shot and were freaked out. Crawford, Barnes, redick had open 3s and all missed badly and air balled. Cp3 wasn't good either but everyone else was worse. Blake should take more blame than cp3

is your point that if everyone played well they wouldn't lose a 20 point lead in the 4th quarter? No ****. They were in a free fall. If that happens your best player needs to aggressively look for his offensive. Cp3 did not clear out on tj, he did not look to go to the basket, he did not push the ball aggressively. Blake tried to step up- he just got his *** swated,

Sadds The Gr8
05-15-2015, 04:26 PM
is your point that if everyone played well they wouldn't lose a 20 point lead in the 4th quarter? No ****. They were in a free fall. If that happens your best player needs to aggressively look for his offensive. Cp3 did not clear out on tj, he did not look to go to the basket, he did not push the ball aggressively. Blake tried to step up- he just got his *** swated,
Obviously that's not my point. My point is that this isn't ALL cp3's fault like the okc game last year but ppl are gonna act like it is.

The whole team was ****, not just cp3

More-Than-Most
05-15-2015, 04:33 PM

so you want a PG to force shots and not pass the ball? hey you know who plays hero ball like that? westbrook.... and what was his record like without durant when he had to do just that? CP3 did his damn job... he set guys up with wide open shots and took his shots when he had shoots to take.

ewing
05-15-2015, 04:37 PM
so you want a PG to force shots and not pass the ball? hey you know who plays hero ball like that? westbrook.... and what was his record like without durant when he had to do just that? CP3 did his damn job... he set guys up with wide open shots and took his shots when he had shoots to take.

i want him to call his own number. when his team was in a free fall and he had Jason Terry in front of him he should have cleared out and went to work.

valade16
05-15-2015, 05:33 PM

In that one specific instance when you are an exceptional scorer? Abso-****ing-lutely.

Vinylman
05-15-2015, 05:41 PM
come on guys it is more important to be efficient than win the game...

inefficiency will tarnish a players legacy

Scoots
05-15-2015, 07:36 PM

lol

phantasyyy
05-15-2015, 07:59 PM
I've been saying in for years with my buddies, I truly think that is his fatal flaw. His inability to just take over when his team requires him to do so.... I can point to the last few postseasons where sure.. his numbers were godly.. but they lose the game because of his unwillingness to be selfish and score at will.

I'm sure we all see it with his abilities.. he has all the tools to be a perennial 30pt scorer if she just looked for his own more. but its that point guard mentality within I think that truly holds him back.

To be honest, the Clippers don't have very many "true" 1on1 players...Crawford.. and now maybe Griffin can be added into that but. the need paul to be aggressive and score when his team needs him to.

Method28
05-15-2015, 08:32 PM

Are you STILL bitter about losing CP?! You've been trolling him on these threads since he left

Saddletramp
05-15-2015, 09:11 PM

Same here. I like it when he or DJ stomp around and throw their arms up like they're throwing a baby's temper tantrum. It's embarrassing.

Hell of a player, though and he'll eventually make a Finals. Wouldn't even count him out this year yet.

Chronz
05-15-2015, 09:28 PM
I definitely don't want cp3 just clearing out and abandoning the trust he's established with his teammates. No amount of Monday qb will change my mind. Team didn't lose due to their o

Chronz
05-15-2015, 09:32 PM
I've been saying in for years with my buddies, I truly think that is his fatal flaw. His inability to just take over when his team requires him to do so.... I can point to the last few postseasons where sure.. his numbers were godly.. but they lose the game because of his unwillingness to be selfish and score at will.

I'm sure we all see it with his abilities.. he has all the tools to be a perennial 30pt scorer if she just looked for his own more. but its that point guard mentality within I think that truly holds him back.

To be honest, the Clippers don't have very many "true" 1on1 players...Crawford.. and now maybe Griffin can be added into that but. the need paul to be aggressive and score when his team needs him to.

You're focusing on the wrong end If you think the clips have lost due to their o. Seriously, look at how every team they lost to wound up performing against the clips And the rest of the playoffs. Taking the game over is just cliche talk to me.

ewing
05-15-2015, 10:55 PM
I definitely don't want cp3 just clearing out and abandoning the trust he's established with his teammates. No amount of Monday qb will change my mind. Team didn't lose due to their o

sure they did. they scored 15 points in the 4th quarter.

Method28
05-15-2015, 11:42 PM
sure they did. they scored 15 points in the 4th quarter.
Didn't they give up 40 in the fourth? Lol

More-Than-Most
05-15-2015, 11:43 PM

that doesnt matter... if cp3 doesnt take 90 shots and score 150 points at the end of the game the blame is on him for not scoring enough. Him opening people up to wide open shots and them missing wide open shots is on him because he should drive and throw up contested shots for no other reason then to do so because he is their best player... i love that logic honestly.

Method28
05-15-2015, 11:49 PM
that doesnt matter... if cp3 doesnt take 90 shots and score 150 points at the end of the game the blame is on him for not scoring enough. Him opening people up to wide open shots and them missing wide open shots is on him because he should drive and throw up contested shots for no other reason then to do so because he is their best player... i love that logic honestly.
LOL yeah it makes PERFECT sense!

Barnes almost made me throw my remote at my beautiful flat screen. 7 wide open 3 point shots, he makes 1 of them (took 8 total but one I can't blame him for.)

Scoots
05-16-2015, 01:19 AM
So you guys are saying that the Clippers TERRIBLE offense wasn't a problem? If they had scored around their average of 25 in the 4th it would have had no effect on the game? (hint, they probably would have won the game)

Sure the Clippers needed to play better D too, but the offense was a problem.

ewing
05-16-2015, 06:29 AM

yeah. you have to suck on both ends to lose a 20 point lead in a quarter.

ewing
05-16-2015, 06:37 AM

its is situational and stop being such a girl. No one said CP3 should play like Westbrook all game long or the the lose was his fault. on the other hand when his team has comes up empty on like 10 straight trips, everyone on the floor looks like they are mentally cracking, and he sees Jason Terry in front of him, he should get more aggressive offensively, and that includes clearing some space for himself to work. Paul is capable of getting in the lane or getting a clean look at a squared up J off the dribble anytime he wants with that match up.

ewing
05-16-2015, 06:40 AM
LOL yeah it makes PERFECT sense!

Barnes almost made me throw my remote at my beautiful flat screen. 7 wide open 3 point shots, he makes 1 of them (took 8 total but one I can't blame him for.)

well if ball movement finds him, its the shot they should take every time regardless of how many times in a row he throws a brick. **** taking having your best player look to take the 36 year old defensive liability matched up with him. Of course the lose isn't Paul's fault. The team fell apart, that doesn't mean when something like that happens you should just keep running your sets every time down

valade16
05-16-2015, 08:47 AM

Yeah because that is the best kind of shot Paul could get if he looked to score right:rolleyes:

He is this allmighty God of efficiency but if someone says he could look to score a little more suddenly he is as incompetent at scoring as Ricky Rubio. I love that logic honestly.

Seriously, who would you rather have taking a shot? A wide open 1/6 Matt Barnes or Chris Paul. The answer is Chris Paul.

Clippersfan86
05-16-2015, 12:17 PM
This is the problem with Paul. People like Tredigs may look at the boxscore and say he had an efficient 31 points. But they don't see al the times he's passing up wide open shots to give them to scrubs like Barnes/Crawford who don't hit them! If he scored 31, he should of scored 45 because it was wide open!! He is our best overall shooter this year and has to stop deferring.

Vinylman
05-16-2015, 12:28 PM
Are you STILL bitter about losing CP?! You've been trolling him on these threads since he left

show me one post where i have ever done that...

of course my post had nothing to do with CP3 which is a testimony to your intelligence

BKLYNpigeon
05-16-2015, 12:35 PM
you guys put way too much pressure with players and winning rings. its a team game. CP only accounts as 1 of 5 players on the team.

Scoots
05-16-2015, 01:11 PM
you guys put way too much pressure with players and winning rings. its a team game. CP only accounts as 1 of 5 players on the team.

Well ... there are 15 players on a team, and the superstars do count for more than 1 in the end ... a lot more.

SF8
05-17-2015, 04:09 PM

How about he becomes more aggressive and scores wide open baskets instead of passing it to scrubs because he's afraid of the pressure? HUH? How about that?

torocan
05-17-2015, 06:24 PM
Chris Paul was at a crossroads... until that bus from Texas blindsided him.

:laugh:

Method28
05-17-2015, 06:27 PM
show me one post where i have ever done that...

of course my post had nothing to do with CP3 which is a testimony to your intelligence
Just saw someone post, its actually Vinny642 not you Lol my bad!

Vinny642
05-17-2015, 06:40 PM
Just saw someone post, its actually Vinny642 not you Lol my bad!

LMAO smh #fail

More-Than-Most
05-17-2015, 06:41 PM
How about he becomes more aggressive and scores wide open baskets instead of passing it to scrubs because he's afraid of the pressure? HUH? How about that?

Lol he looked real afraid of the pressure last series in a game 7 when he took the final shot of the game and won it... Yet again the dude was amazing today but had no help on the defensive end... So is he suppose to play defense by himself and cover all 5 guys plus the people that come in?

Method28
05-17-2015, 06:45 PM
LMAO smh #fail
Lmao troll

Vinny642
05-17-2015, 06:47 PM
Lmao troll

Not really, I rarely post in the NBA forum at all, in the whole playoffs maybe 2 or 3 posts with him included into it, but its not like I consistently mention him

Hawkeye15
05-17-2015, 06:59 PM
This is the problem with Paul. People like Tredigs may look at the boxscore and say he had an efficient 31 points. But they don't see al the times he's passing up wide open shots to give them to scrubs like Barnes/Crawford who don't hit them! If he scored 31, he should of scored 45 because it was wide open!! He is our best overall shooter this year and has to stop deferring.

Paul usually understands the mix between the need for his scoring, and the need to involve. But, he should have treated this like he did game 7 against the Spurs, and just taken over.

Paul played excellent, but not good enough. Another blemish for his all time resume. It's unfortunate actually.

blahblahyoutoo
05-17-2015, 08:25 PM
his acting in his commercials haven't gotten any better either.

More-Than-Most
05-17-2015, 08:26 PM
Paul usually understands the mix between the need for his scoring, and the need to involve. But, he should have treated this like he did game 7 against the Spurs, and just taken over.

Paul played excellent, but not good enough. Another blemish for his all time resume. It's unfortunate actually.

and it bothers me because I hate the concept that one player even if they are a superstar has to take over and win it by themselves or they get a Blemish even though they played amazing while guys like harden get the win and the omg he is so good even though his defense was bad and he shot... 7-20 with 7 turnovers and only scored alot because the refs give him every call in the world... Yet Lebron has a similar line in his losses or wins and gets destroyed.... I am not saying anything against you or your post but the logic behind the blemish in todays nba where a superstar has to literally win the game by themselves.

sammyvine
05-17-2015, 08:30 PM
his acting in his commercials haven't gotten any better either.

For all his talent his playoff resume is really really poor.

I know he plays in the West and he used to play for the Pelicans who were never that great but since he has been with the clippers he hasn't gone past the 2nd round.

They got rid of Del Negro, brought Doc Rivers who is one of the best coaches in the league yet they still haven't done anything these last two seasons.

Something is missing. He is the one with the 100m contract.

sammyvine
05-17-2015, 08:33 PM
and it bothers me because I hate the concept that one player even if they are a superstar has to take over and win it by themselves or they get a Blemish even though they played amazing while guys like harden get the win and the omg he is so good even though his defense was bad and he shot... 7-20 with 7 turnovers and only scored alot because the refs give him every call in the world... Yet Lebron has a similar line in his losses or wins and gets destroyed.... I am not saying anything against you or your post but the logic behind the blemish in todays nba where a superstar has to literally win the game by themselves.

This Houston team isn't that great. Lets be honest. If he was that all time good he and his team should have progressed especially when they were 3-1 up. Houston won 3 games on the bounce...let that sink in.
I also remember he had a killer turnover against OKC last year that also cost the Clippers.

I really rate him but 10 years and not having been to 1 WCF is really poor. That is under performing with his talent,Even Melo and Deron Williams have fluked themselves to a conference finals before and those two get trashed all the time by fans for their lack of success.

You can argue that this was the clippers great chance as next year will be harder with OKC being better, Spurs and even Golden State. CP3 also isn't get any younger

blahblahyoutoo
05-17-2015, 11:07 PM
For all his talent his playoff resume is really really poor.

I know he plays in the West and he used to play for the Pelicans who were never that great but since he has been with the clippers he hasn't gone past the 2nd round.

They got rid of Del Negro, brought Doc Rivers who is one of the best coaches in the league yet they still haven't done anything these last two seasons.

Something is missing. He is the one with the 100m contract.

i remember cp3 personally axed for his coach to be black. how was that not races?

SF8
05-18-2015, 03:13 AM
Lol he looked real afraid of the pressure last series in a game 7 when he took the final shot of the game and won it... Yet again the dude was amazing today but had no help on the defensive end... So is he suppose to play defense by himself and cover all 5 guys plus the people that come in?

How about he plays offenses and focuses on scoring when his team goes through these huge droughts? Clippers didn't even have 80 pts or barely had 80 pts thru 3 quarterts today iirc.

More-Than-Most
05-18-2015, 06:22 AM
How about he plays offenses and focuses on scoring when his team goes through these huge droughts? Clippers didn't even have 80 pts or barely had 80 pts thru 3 quarterts today iirc.

Harden shot worse and had 7 turnovers and played a horrid game on the defensive end yet his team won and people are calling him the best.... Do you see my point?

Scoots
05-18-2015, 11:06 AM
2015 Playoff Leaders:
PTS: Blake Griffin (357)
TRB: DeAndre Jordan (187)
AST: Chris Paul (105)
WS: Chris Paul (2.3)

But not enough ... ouch

yinbin
05-18-2015, 12:07 PM
Maybe. I think he will be angry this year and dominate. http://financehotela.com/yellow/images/113.gifhttp://loanwebfast.com/green/images/42.gif

Vinylman
05-18-2015, 12:07 PM
2015 Playoff Leaders:
PTS: Blake Griffin (357)
TRB: DeAndre Jordan (187)
AST: Chris Paul (105)
WS: Chris Paul (2.3)

But not enough ... ouch

Those stats happen when you play 2 7 game series with OT games involved... not surprising at all

Vinylman
05-18-2015, 12:21 PM

meh... no one is gonna beat Houston when ariza and josh go a combined 8-16 from 3...

the whole Clipper debacle is on Doc for his ****** job as a GM...

YAALREADYKNO
05-18-2015, 12:43 PM
Blake and deandre will get all the blame for this collapse. It's never cp3's fault

Scoots
05-18-2015, 01:48 PM
Those stats happen when you play 2 7 game series with OT games involved... not surprising at all

Yes they played extra games, but they also produced in those extra games.

The Hawks, Rockets, and Bulls played 12 games nobody played 13 total games ... the Clippers were burned out in game 13 and 14.

Scoots
05-18-2015, 01:51 PM
meh... no one is gonna beat Houston when ariza and josh go a combined 8-16 from 3...

the whole Clipper debacle is on Doc for his ****** job as a GM...

Are Ariza and Josh going to shoot 50% from 3 against determined D? I don't think so. Doc the GM made Doc the coach use up his players and they had almost completely stopped on perimeter D ... where they were weakest to start.

I wonder if Doc seeing Big Baby nearly destroy his son's knee will finally be enough to get Davis in shape or off the team?

Clippersfan86
05-18-2015, 03:03 PM
Are Ariza and Josh going to shoot 50% from 3 against determined D? I don't think so. Doc the GM made Doc the coach use up his players and they had almost completely stopped on perimeter D ... where they were weakest to start.

I wonder if Doc seeing Big Baby nearly destroy his son's knee will finally be enough to get Davis in shape or off the team?

Doc gon Doc.

Scoots
05-18-2015, 03:55 PM
Clippers gon' Clip. Sorry man.

Clippersfan86
05-18-2015, 04:00 PM
Clippers gon' Clip. Sorry man.

At least for the forseeable future until we get a legit GM back in like the two previous ones that were runner up execs of the year. Look at what Neil Olshey has done in Portland? Idiot *** Sterling low balled him

ewing
05-18-2015, 04:01 PM
are ariza and josh going to shoot 50% from 3 against determined d? I don't think so. Doc the gm made doc the coach use up his players and they had almost completely stopped on perimeter d ... Where they were weakest to start.

I wonder if doc seeing big baby nearly destroy his son's knee will finally be enough to get davis in shape or off the team?

i give josh any 3 he wants. If he shoot 50% he shoots 50%. They should be rotating out to tevor but he is going to get some good looks if they move the ball as well

Vinylman
05-18-2015, 04:22 PM

the 3s were wide open kick outs from Harden... no one in the league can defend those... like i said those guys won't shoot like that but once in 15 games...

As for Doc... totally agree that he is a horrible GM... I have posted that many times in this forum and will continue to predict that he won't fulfill his contract as GM or Coach

valade16
05-18-2015, 04:44 PM
At least for the forseeable future until we get a legit GM back in like the two previous ones that were runner up execs of the year. Look at what Neil Olshey has done in Portland? Idiot *** Sterling low balled him

As a Blazer fan I can say Olshey has been a godsend. We were very close to having to tear everything down and rebuild and he came in and got us back to being a good team really quickly.

Vinylman
05-18-2015, 04:47 PM
As a Blazer fan I can say Olshey has been a godsend. We were very close to having to tear everything down and rebuild and he came in and got us back to being a good team really quickly.

meh... jury is out on olshey until after this years FA... you might be tearing everything down anyway

Scoots
05-18-2015, 05:06 PM
the 3s were wide open kick outs from Harden... no one in the league can defend those... like i said those guys won't shoot like that but once in 15 games...

As for Doc... totally agree that he is a horrible GM... I have posted that many times in this forum and will continue to predict that he won't fulfill his contract as GM or Coach

You can defend them by not collapsing the D into the lane to "stop" Harden. Might make things hard on Harden but keep him from making the whole offense go. Josh Smith's passing is a more interesting issue in some ways.

RaiderLakersA's
05-18-2015, 07:12 PM
I can't feel sorry for CP3. He's at that point where he's expected to win titles. Every superstar goes through it. Some get slammed far more vociferously than CP3 has to date. And maybe that's the problem.

Frankly, all I really want to know is does Doc still want the Staples Center to hide all of the Lakers championship banners? Stop running from who you are as a franchise and put one up in the rafters. Period.

SF8
05-19-2015, 03:16 AM
Harden shot worse and had 7 turnovers and played a horrid game on the defensive end yet his team won and people are calling him the best.... Do you see my point?

I'm not.

ewing
05-19-2015, 03:25 PM
Give the keys to austin