PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Predictions

TylerSL
04-16-2015, 05:23 AM
With the regular season officially over and the playoffs set, predict the playoffs in the East-West. I'll start with my predictions

East
Conference Quarterfinals
1 Atlanta Hawks vs. 8 Brooklyn Nets-Hawks in 6
I think this series will be closer than a lot of people probably do. Brooklyn played really well down the stretch, finishing 9-4 in their final 13 games. Meanwhile, Atlanta stumbled to end the season going 7-8 in their final 15 after being 53-14 in their first 67 games. I think if the Hawks allow Brooklyn to steal one of the first two in Atlanta, the Hawks could be in for a tougher match up than they expected. But in the end Atlanta will win this series because they are a much better team. Atlanta still has a top 10 offense and a top 10 defense, Atlanta is still 2nd in assists, and the Nets are 24th in pace. There is still too much of difference between these teams for me to consider an upset.

4 Toronto Raptors vs. 5 Washington Wizards-Raptors in 7
I think this series will go the distance mainly because of John Wall. The Raptors are the better team and this probably wouldn't normally go 7, but John Wall is the best player in the series, he's going to have a great series. Washington's problem is they can't win on the road (worst road record of all eastern conference playoff teams), but they can get hot at home fast. I think home court is going to dictate this series and the home team will win every game, thus Raptors in 7.

3 Chicago Bulls vs. 6 Milwaukee Bucks-Bulls in 4
With Rose back, Milwaukee doesn't have a chance in this series. The Bucks have been pretty bad since the All Star break (11-18) and are lucky to even be .500. With Rose healthy, Chicago had a tougher year than they expected because their defense fell to 11th this season. However, they were 10th in offense, so basically they had a better offense and worse defense than in years past. That probably won't win them a title but it will get them past the Bucks in round 1, fairly easily too.

2 Cleveland Cavaliers vs. 7 Boston Celtics-Cavaliers in 5
The Celtics are a playoff team because of how well they move the ball offensively. They play quickly and they play together offensively. That's enough to get the 7 seed in the East when better teams are injured all season (Miami and Indiana). There is no way the Cavaliers lose this series, but I bet the Celtics take one of the games in Boston. Neat stat, Lebron is playing the Celtics in the playoffs for the 5th time in 8 years.

Conference Semifinals
1 Atlanta Hawks vs. 4 Toronto Raptors-Hawks in 5
Atlanta matches up very well against Toronto. The Hawks play tremendous team offense and the Raptors were the 8th worst defensive team in the NBA this year so they will not be able to defend the Hawks. Toronto also plays a lot of isolation so I see them running into trouble in this series. I think they will be able to get on in Canada but that's it.

2 Cleveland Cavaliers vs. 3 Chicago Bulls-Cavaliers in 6
The Bulls do present Cleveland will some the problems but not enough to win this series. First off, I think the Gasol/Noah/Mirotic/Gibson are going to collectively wear down Cleveland's front court. I think Chicago will put up points on Cleveland because the Cavaliers are overrated defensively (20th in defensive efficiency). But at the end of the day, Lebron James cures the Cavaliers of all those ailments. Lebron makes others around him better not by their per game statistics, but because he maximizes their strengths (like getting 3 point shooters wide open). Chicago will also have no answer in stopping Lebron offensively when they also have to worry about Kyrie and the 3 point shooters. Lebron is the difference.

Conference Finals
1 Atlanta Hawks vs 2 Cleveland Cavaliers-Cavaliers in 6
The Atlanta Hawks shocked a lot of people this year, probably too many but they did. They are 11 deep, play together better than anybody in the conference, and they have had Al Horford healthy all season. But in the postseason it's not just about playing your style of basketball, it's about beating the other team. A chess match rather than a marathon if you will. Atlanta, like every other team, won't be able to stop Lebron James. If you replace Lebron with just a league average player I would honestly pick Atlanta to win this series in 5 because they would pick Cleveland's defense apart. With Lebron, I expect these games to be close and this series to be relatively tight, but the Cavaliers will these close games and the series. With the game tied with 3 minutes left the ball will be in Lebron's hands for Cleveland, Atlanta won't be so lucky. Not having a late game threat will finally catch up to them. I could see them splitting the first 2 games in Atlanta, then splitting in Cleveland before Cleveland takes game 5 in Atlanta and closes it out in 6. The 14-15 Cavaliers are worse than any of the Heat teams of the previous 4 years, but they are good enough to get Lebron back to the Finals for a 5th consecutive year.

West
Conference Quarterfinals
1 Golden State Warriors vs. 8 New Orleans Pelicans-Warriors in 5
Golden State is not going to lose at home to the Pelicans. Anthony Davis will get 1 game in New Orleans, but Golden State has the leagues best offense and the leagues best defense. The Splash brothers are going to light up New Orleans. It's commendable they got to the postseason, and I believe the Pelicans could have played a long series with several western playoff teams, Golden State isn't one of them.

4 Portland Trailblazers vs. 5 Memphis Grizzlies-Grizzlies in 6
Memphis has been as tough as they have ever been defensively and scoring has not been as much of an issue as it was in the past. Portland seriously lacks depth with Afflalo and Matthews out. If Portland had those 2, this would be a completely different series, but they don't. I see Memphis splitting the first 2 in Portland and taking both in Memphis to take 3-1 lead, and close it out at home in 6. Won't be an extremely close 6 game series

3 Los Angeles Clippers vs. 6 San Antonio Spurs-Spurs in 6
The San Antonio Spurs are the same team that won the NBA Championship a year ago and so I cannot see them losing to the Clippers. However, depending on the health of Tiago Splitter could push this series to 7. If Splitter misses more than 1 game of this series, San Antonio could be in some trouble against Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan. With Splitter, Duncan can slide over to Griffin and that would greatly work in favor of San Antonio. Kahwi Leonard will also play a huge part in the postseason for the Spurs once again and he will probably guard Chris Paul late when the games are close. The Clippers are going to need their role players to step up because this year they have moved the ball as well as San Antonio. If they can't just kill the Spurs with 3 point shooting they can't win. In the end, that's what I believe this will come down too. I believe Pop's gameplan will limit the 3 pointers, and stick Kawhi on CP3 in the 4th quarter. The Clippers have the potential to outscore San Antonio in this series but they won't because the Spurs will have the personnel to stop it. This will probably be the best first round series of the playoffs.

2 Houston Rockets vs. 7 Dallas Mavericks-Rockets in 7
This series will be closer than it should because the Rockets have several big holes. They have 3 players that teams can successfully execute the hack-a-shaq strategy against (Dwight, Josh Smith, Terrence Jones), they are 3rd worst in turnovers, and they don't have a great scoring option after James Harden. Harden is going to have to average over 30 a game in the series for them to win, but fortunately for them I believe he will. Dallas has holes too (worst in rebounding, 18th in defense) and Rondo is overrated so I can't see them getting passed Houston. All in all this series is going to come down to James Harden carrying the Rockets on his back as he has all season. These games will be close and if his shots hit late, Houston will win.

Conference Semifinals
1 Golden State Warriors vs. 5 Memphis Grizzlies-Warriors in 6
Again, I can't see Golden State losing at home so for this series to even to get 6 games Memphis would have take both games in Memphis to tie the series after 4 games. I think that will happen because the Grizzlies will not just roll over and die. Memphis will pound Golden State inside and will be physical on the perimeter and that will probably frustrate Steph Curry and Klay Thompson a little bit. However, Golden State moves the ball better than anybody in the league and they will hit a lot of shots. Memphis may not give them many second chances, but the Warriors won't need it with their shooting. They are just going to shoot Memphis out of the building, and subsequently, the series too.

2 Houston Rockets vs. 6 San Antonio Spurs-Spurs in 6
As stated in their series with Dallas, the Rockets just have too many holes to seriously contend for an NBA Championship. The Spurs have been known to use, successfully, the hack-a=shaq strategy against Houston and it will be no different in the postseason. When the game is close in the 4th quarter San Antonio is going to send Dwight Howard and Josh Smith to the line each time Houston gets the basketball to keep the ball out of James Harden's hands, effectively killing the Rocket's offense. San Antonio will also get too many free points because the Rockets will turn it over more than they should. I think these teams will split in Houston, and the Spurs taking both games in San Antonio and having a 3-1 lead back in Houston for game 5. I can see Harden exploding for 50 to push it to 6 but that's it. The Houston Rockets can only go as far as James Harden can carry them, and to me that will be to game 6 of the Western Conference Semifinals. Very Impressive actually.

Conference Finals
1 Golden State Warriors vs. 6 San Antonio Spurs-Warriors in 7
This will be the best series of the entire postseason because if there is 1 team that can win in Oracle Arena, it is the San Antonio Spurs. The Spurs will win at least 1 game in Golden State, I could even see 2 games, although I would be shocked. The Spurs will match up pretty well against Golden State as I believe they can have some success in limiting the Warriors 3 point shooting as I expect them to do to the Clippers, and I can also see the Spurs dominating the paint against Golden State as I believe Memphis would have. I think Leonard will get put on Klay to slow him down and San Antonio will bring a 2nd defender at Curry if he tries to drive, forcing Golden State's role players to hit big shots. I also think the Golden State Warriors are just going to be too much. I think Steph Curry is just too good from basically anywhere on the floor in the half court and Klay Thompson will have his share of big shots too. This series will go down to the wire but the Warriors will simply hit the shots the Spurs contest too many times. Golden State will win a close game 7 at home to advance to their first NBA Finals since 1975.

NBA Finals
1 Golden State Warriors vs. 2 Cleveland Cavaliers-Warriors in 5
If the Finals were still 2-3-2 format I would have said Warriors in 6 but in 2-2-1-1-1 Golden State will win in 5 because Cleveland won't be able to win at Oracle. Golden State will rain 3's down on Cleveland all night because they won't have the defense to stop it, and Cleveland won't be able to bully the Warriors inside the way Memphis and San Antonio will. This NBA Finals could be just as lopsided as last year's, possibly more so. Lebron James will have a good series and it won't be his fault, but his team will be outmatched and ill prepared to take on this kind a team. Lebron losing another Finals and falling to 2-4 would really give his haters something to snarl at but making it to 5 consecutive NBA Finals would be no small feat, especially after making it back after leaving Miami and bringing an entirely different team that wasn't winning before you go there. Steph Curry should win the 2014-2015 NBA MVP award and he will win the 2015 NBA Finals MVP award when Golden State wins.

Discuss.

Saddletramp
04-16-2015, 06:11 AM
Hawks over Nets in 5
Wiz over Raps in 6
Cle over Boston in 5
Bulls in 4

Hawks over Wiz in 5
Cle over Bulls in 5

Cle in 5

Warriors in 5 over Pels
Rockets in 5 over Mavs
SAS in 6 over LAC
Memphis in 5 over Portland

Warriors over Memphis in 6
SAS over Rockets in 6

SAS over Warriors in 6

SAS over Cle in 6

No seventh games? Huh.

pebloemer
04-16-2015, 06:38 AM
With the regular season officially over and the playoffs set, predict the playoffs in the East-West. I'll start with my predictions

East
Conference Quarterfinals
1 Atlanta Hawks vs. 8 Brooklyn Nets-Hawks in 6
I think this series will be closer than a lot of people probably do. Brooklyn played really well down the stretch, finishing 9-4 in their final 13 games. Meanwhile, Atlanta stumbled to end the season going 7-8 in their final 15 after being 53-14 in their first 67 games. I think if the Hawks allow Brooklyn to steal one of the first two in Atlanta, the Hawks could be in for a tougher match up than they expected. But in the end Atlanta will win this series because they are a much better team. Atlanta still has a top 10 offense and a top 10 defense, Atlanta is still 2nd in assists, and the Nets are 24th in pace. There is still too much of difference between these teams for me to consider an upset.

4 Toronto Raptors vs. 5 Washington Wizards-Raptors in 7
I think this series will go the distance mainly because of John Wall. The Raptors are the better team and this probably wouldn't normally go 7, but John Wall is the best player in the series, he's going to have a great series. Washington's problem is they can't win on the road (worst road record of all eastern conference playoff teams), but they can get hot at home fast. I think home court is going to dictate this series and the home team will win every game, thus Raptors in 7.

3 Chicago Bulls vs. 6 Milwaukee Bucks-Bulls in 4
With Rose back, Milwaukee doesn't have a chance in this series. The Bucks have been pretty bad since the All Star break (11-18) and are lucky to even be .500. With Rose healthy, Chicago had a tougher year than they expected because their defense fell to 11th this season. However, they were 10th in offense, so basically they had a better offense and worse defense than in years past. That probably won't win them a title but it will get them past the Bucks in round 1, fairly easily too.

2 Cleveland Cavaliers vs. 7 Boston Celtics-Cavaliers in 5
The Celtics are a playoff team because of how well they move the ball offensively. They play quickly and they play together offensively. That's enough to get the 7 seed in the East when better teams are injured all season (Miami and Indiana). There is no way the Cavaliers lose this series, but I bet the Celtics take one of the games in Boston. Neat stat, Lebron is playing the Celtics in the playoffs for the 5th time in 8 years.

Conference Semifinals
1 Atlanta Hawks vs. 4 Toronto Raptors-Hawks in 5
Atlanta matches up very well against Toronto. The Hawks play tremendous team offense and the Raptors were the 8th worst defensive team in the NBA this year so they will not be able to defend the Hawks. Toronto also plays a lot of isolation so I see them running into trouble in this series. I think they will be able to get on in Canada but that's it.

2 Cleveland Cavaliers vs. 3 Chicago Bulls-Cavaliers in 6
The Bulls do present Cleveland will some the problems but not enough to win this series. First off, I think the Gasol/Noah/Mirotic/Gibson are going to collectively wear down Cleveland's front court. I think Chicago will put up points on Cleveland because the Cavaliers are overrated defensively (20th in defensive efficiency). But at the end of the day, Lebron James cures the Cavaliers of all those ailments. Lebron makes others around him better not by their per game statistics, but because he maximizes their strengths (like getting 3 point shooters wide open). Chicago will also have no answer in stopping Lebron offensively when they also have to worry about Kyrie and the 3 point shooters. Lebron is the difference.

Conference Finals
1 Atlanta Hawks vs 2 Cleveland Cavaliers-Cavaliers in 6
The Atlanta Hawks shocked a lot of people this year, probably too many but they did. They are 11 deep, play together better than anybody in the conference, and they have had Al Horford healthy all season. But in the postseason it's not just about playing your style of basketball, it's about beating the other team. A chess match rather than a marathon if you will. Atlanta, like every other team, won't be able to stop Lebron James. If you replace Lebron with just a league average player I would honestly pick Atlanta to win this series in 5 because they would pick Cleveland's defense apart. With Lebron, I expect these games to be close and this series to be relatively tight, but the Cavaliers will these close games and the series. With the game tied with 3 minutes left the ball will be in Lebron's hands for Cleveland, Atlanta won't be so lucky. Not having a late game threat will finally catch up to them. I could see them splitting the first 2 games in Atlanta, then splitting in Cleveland before Cleveland takes game 5 in Atlanta and closes it out in 6. The 14-15 Cavaliers are worse than any of the Heat teams of the previous 4 years, but they are good enough to get Lebron back to the Finals for a 5th consecutive year.

West
Conference Quarterfinals
1 Golden State Warriors vs. 8 New Orleans Pelicans-Warriors in 5
Golden State is not going to lose at home to the Pelicans. Anthony Davis will get 1 game in New Orleans, but Golden State has the leagues best offense and the leagues best defense. The Splash brothers are going to light up New Orleans. It's commendable they got to the postseason, and I believe the Pelicans could have played a long series with several western playoff teams, Golden State isn't one of them.

4 Portland Trailblazers vs. 5 Memphis Grizzlies-Grizzlies in 6
Memphis has been as tough as they have ever been defensively and scoring has not been as much of an issue as it was in the past. Portland seriously lacks depth with Afflalo and Matthews out. If Portland had those 2, this would be a completely different series, but they don't. I see Memphis splitting the first 2 in Portland and taking both in Memphis to take 3-1 lead, and close it out at home in 6. Won't be an extremely close 6 game series

3 Los Angeles Clippers vs. 6 San Antonio Spurs-Spurs in 6
The San Antonio Spurs are the same team that won the NBA Championship a year ago and so I cannot see them losing to the Clippers. However, depending on the health of Tiago Splitter could push this series to 7. If Splitter misses more than 1 game of this series, San Antonio could be in some trouble against Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan. With Splitter, Duncan can slide over to Griffin and that would greatly work in favor of San Antonio. Kahwi Leonard will also play a huge part in the postseason for the Spurs once again and he will probably guard Chris Paul late when the games are close. The Clippers are going to need their role players to step up because this year they have moved the ball as well as San Antonio. If they can't just kill the Spurs with 3 point shooting they can't win. In the end, that's what I believe this will come down too. I believe Pop's gameplan will limit the 3 pointers, and stick Kawhi on CP3 in the 4th quarter. The Clippers have the potential to outscore San Antonio in this series but they won't because the Spurs will have the personnel to stop it. This will probably be the best first round series of the playoffs.

2 Houston Rockets vs. 7 Dallas Mavericks-Rockets in 7
This series will be closer than it should because the Rockets have several big holes. They have 3 players that teams can successfully execute the hack-a-shaq strategy against (Dwight, Josh Smith, Terrence Jones), they are 3rd worst in turnovers, and they don't have a great scoring option after James Harden. Harden is going to have to average over 30 a game in the series for them to win, but fortunately for them I believe he will. Dallas has holes too (worst in rebounding, 18th in defense) and Rondo is overrated so I can't see them getting passed Houston. All in all this series is going to come down to James Harden carrying the Rockets on his back as he has all season. These games will be close and if his shots hit late, Houston will win.

Conference Semifinals
1 Golden State Warriors vs. 5 Memphis Grizzlies-Warriors in 6
Again, I can't see Golden State losing at home so for this series to even to get 6 games Memphis would have take both games in Memphis to tie the series after 4 games. I think that will happen because the Grizzlies will not just roll over and die. Memphis will pound Golden State inside and will be physical on the perimeter and that will probably frustrate Steph Curry and Klay Thompson a little bit. However, Golden State moves the ball better than anybody in the league and they will hit a lot of shots. Memphis may not give them many second chances, but the Warriors won't need it with their shooting. They are just going to shoot Memphis out of the building, and subsequently, the series too.

2 Houston Rockets vs. 6 San Antonio Spurs-Spurs in 6
As stated in their series with Dallas, the Rockets just have too many holes to seriously contend for an NBA Championship. The Spurs have been known to use, successfully, the hack-a=shaq strategy against Houston and it will be no different in the postseason. When the game is close in the 4th quarter San Antonio is going to send Dwight Howard and Josh Smith to the line each time Houston gets the basketball to keep the ball out of James Harden's hands, effectively killing the Rocket's offense. San Antonio will also get too many free points because the Rockets will turn it over more than they should. I think these teams will split in Houston, and the Spurs taking both games in San Antonio and having a 3-1 lead back in Houston for game 5. I can see Harden exploding for 50 to push it to 6 but that's it. The Houston Rockets can only go as far as James Harden can carry them, and to me that will be to game 6 of the Western Conference Semifinals. Very Impressive actually.

Conference Finals
1 Golden State Warriors vs. 6 San Antonio Spurs-Warriors in 7
This will be the best series of the entire postseason because if there is 1 team that can win in Oracle Arena, it is the San Antonio Spurs. The Spurs will win at least 1 game in Golden State, I could even see 2 games, although I would be shocked. The Spurs will match up pretty well against Golden State as I believe they can have some success in limiting the Warriors 3 point shooting as I expect them to do to the Clippers, and I can also see the Spurs dominating the paint against Golden State as I believe Memphis would have. I think Leonard will get put on Klay to slow him down and San Antonio will bring a 2nd defender at Curry if he tries to drive, forcing Golden State's role players to hit big shots. I also think the Golden State Warriors are just going to be too much. I think Steph Curry is just too good from basically anywhere on the floor in the half court and Klay Thompson will have his share of big shots too. This series will go down to the wire but the Warriors will simply hit the shots the Spurs contest too many times. Golden State will win a close game 7 at home to advance to their first NBA Finals since 1975.

NBA Finals
1 Golden State Warriors vs. 2 Cleveland Cavaliers-Warriors in 5
If the Finals were still 2-3-2 format I would have said Warriors in 6 but in 2-2-1-1-1 Golden State will win in 5 because Cleveland won't be able to win at Oracle. Golden State will rain 3's down on Cleveland all night because they won't have the defense to stop it, and Cleveland won't be able to bully the Warriors inside the way Memphis and San Antonio will. This NBA Finals could be just as lopsided as last year's, possibly more so. Lebron James will have a good series and it won't be his fault, but his team will be outmatched and ill prepared to take on this kind a team. Lebron losing another Finals and falling to 2-4 would really give his haters something to snarl at but making it to 5 consecutive NBA Finals would be no small feat, especially after making it back after leaving Miami and bringing an entirely different team that wasn't winning before you go there. Steph Curry should win the 2014-2015 NBA MVP award and he will win the 2015 NBA Finals MVP award when Golden State wins.

Discuss.

I have the same winners and losers across the board. Lol.

HoopsDrive
04-16-2015, 07:30 AM
1st round

Hawks over Nets in 5
Raptors over Wizards in 6
Bulls over Bucks in 5
Cavaliers over Celtics in 4

Warriors over Pelicans in 4
Grizzlies over Trail Blazers in 6
Clippers over Spurs in 7
Rockets over Mavericks in 6

QF

Raptors over Hawks in 6 (homer pick)
Cavaliers over Bulls in 6

Warriors over Grizzlies in 6
Clippers over Rockets in 6

SF

Cavaliers over Raptors in 6

Warriors over Clippers in 6

Finals

Cavaliers over Warriors in 6 (upset pick)

I think Warriors will win it all but just so that we aren't all picking the obvious choices...

valade16
04-16-2015, 09:23 AM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/15/grizzlies-coach-dave-joerger-says-mike-conley-and-tony-allen-still-too-injured-for-playoff-action/

Are people factoring in the Grizzlies might not have Conley and Tony Allen. I know my Blazers are missing Wesley Matthews and Aaron Afflalo (and Dorell Wright), but I think Conley and Allen is as big a loss for Memphis.

LAKobeBryant
04-16-2015, 09:46 AM
Warriors will win it all or lose second round

ioustinos
04-16-2015, 04:55 PM
Here my predictions. I don't understand why the Clippers are so disregarded...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q4nx0jy5ehoysmp/Ioustinos%20Prediction.png?dl=0

I made a nice ppt and a keynote if you guys want to quickly show your predictions
ppt: bit.ly/1Ij6KxB
keynote: bit.ly/1aBsjh7

DoMeFavors
04-16-2015, 05:19 PM
Im only doing first round

Nets vs Hawks- Nets in 7
Raptors vs Wizards-Raptors in 5
Bulls vs Bucks- Bulls in 4
cavs vs boston-cavs in 5

warriors vs pelicans- warriors in 5
Rockets vs Mavericks- mavericks in 7
clippers vs spurs- Spurs in 6
Grizzlies vs Blazers- Grizzlies in 5

Bostonjorge
04-16-2015, 05:28 PM
Warriors win it all and hopefully raise the trophy in Cleveland.

I'm not a warriors fan but will be for these playoffs. Next year the warriors can go to HE**.

Thumper 88
04-16-2015, 05:35 PM
Lebron has another cake walk to the finals with his hand pick crew...

Thumper 88
04-16-2015, 05:36 PM

Nets vs Hawks- Nets in 7
cavs vs boston-cavs in 5

This looks solid. I agree with this

Slug3
04-16-2015, 05:55 PM

Nets vs Hawks- Nets in 7
cavs vs boston-cavs in 5

Always hoping for the Nets to upset someone.

kobe4thewinbang
04-16-2015, 07:10 PM
Clippers are forfeiting, I heard. Haha. Might as well.

If they beat the Spurs, I might die of shock.

ohreally
04-16-2015, 07:51 PM
Nets in 6
Raps in 6
Celts in 7
Bulls in 5

Nets in 6
Celts in 6

Celts in 6

Warriors in 5
Mavis in 6
Spurs in 6
Memphis in 6

Warriors in 6
Spurs in 7

Warriors in6

Warriors iin 5

MrfadeawayJB
04-16-2015, 09:29 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/15/grizzlies-coach-dave-joerger-says-mike-conley-and-tony-allen-still-too-injured-for-playoff-action/

Are people factoring in the Grizzlies might not have Conley and Tony Allen. I know my Blazers are missing Wesley Matthews and Aaron Afflalo (and Dorell Wright), but I think Conley and Allen is as big a loss for Memphis.

I think the grizz are playing possum. They'll both play

Shammyguy3
04-16-2015, 09:58 PM
Are people actually picking the Nets because they think they'll beat a top-5 team in the league, or are they picking the Nets to troll and be funny?

Eastern Conference
Atlanta/Chicago/Toronto/Cleveland advance (Round 1)
Cleveland/Atlanta advance (Round 2)
Atlanta advances (Conference Finals)

Western Conference
Golden State/Memphis/San Antonio/Houston advance (Round 1)
Golden State/San Antonio advance (Round 2)
Golden State advances (Conference Finals)

Golden State beats Atlanta in 6 games to win the championship.

Vee-Rex
04-16-2015, 10:15 PM
Nets in 6
Raps in 6
Celts in 7
Bulls in 5

Nets in 6
Celts in 6

Celts in 6

Warriors in 5
Mavis in 6
Spurs in 6
Memphis in 6

Warriors in 6
Spurs in 7

Warriors in6

Warriors iin 5

Nets/Celtics ECF? I would puke.

bucketss
04-16-2015, 10:24 PM
so three people think nets beat hawks? haha wow

HandsOnTheWheel
04-16-2015, 10:28 PM
Hawks over Nets in 5
Wiz over Raps in 6
Cle over Boston in 5
Bulls in 4

Hawks over Wiz in 5
Cle over Bulls in 5

Cle in 5

Warriors in 5 over Pels
Rockets in 5 over Mavs
SAS in 6 over LAC
Memphis in 5 over Portland

Warriors over Memphis in 6
SAS over Rockets in 6

SAS over Warriors in 6

SAS over Cle in 6

No seventh games? Huh.

This.

DoMeFavors
04-16-2015, 10:30 PM

Well, there is a reason that 3 people agree on it.

Nets have the vets and playoff experience, and I believe Hawks just got lucky this season and are a one hit wonder regular season team.
Don't impress me.

Vampirate
04-16-2015, 10:55 PM

Nets have the vets and playoff experience, and I believe Hawks just got lucky this season and are a one hit wonder regular season team.
Don't impress me.

You honestly thing a team gets lucky to win 60 games?

The Nets are lucky they are in the playoffs in the East.

kobe4thewinbang
04-17-2015, 02:02 PM
Interesting breakdown: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/nba-playoffs-predictions-wins-round-165606242.html

I think the Bulls could lose in round one if Rose can't play for some reason or aggravates his injuries. I could actually see the Celtics winning two games at home.

Shammyguy3
04-17-2015, 07:03 PM
Interesting breakdown: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/nba-playoffs-predictions-wins-round-165606242.html

I think the Bulls could lose in round one if Rose can't play for some reason or aggravates his injuries. I could actually see the Celtics winning two games at home.

There is zero chance the Bulls lose in round 1. If Rose can't play, that actually makes it less likely the Bucks upset the Bulls. Rose is bad at basketball because he's a dumbass that doesn't listen to coaches

Cal827
04-17-2015, 08:46 PM

Don't impress me.

Also, after last season, I learned not to underestimate Joe ******* Johnson :laugh2: ... Although I'm not entirely sure that they'll beat them, they could very well shock them.

Cal827
04-17-2015, 08:49 PM
Nets/Celtics ECF? I would puke.

What are you talking about Rex, that would be freaking hilarious :laugh2:

I can imagine the millions of articles for Atlanta/Cleveland/Chicago/Toronto/Washington on how in the **** did they screw up so badly.... Calling for so many rebuilds that winning 40 games next year would get you a guaranteed top 3 seed :laugh2:

GThawks
04-17-2015, 08:53 PM

Well I am assuming ohreally is joking (Nets-Celtics) ECF. Other guy is a Nets homer.

GThawks
04-17-2015, 08:55 PM

Don't impress me.

Haha yeah winning 19 games in a row and 33 of the 36 was lucky. Hawks just beat the Nets by 30+ in ATL and in BKN (without Millsap). I will be very disappointed if Hawks don't sweep the Nets. Most it will go to is 5 games IMO.

Oh yeah, Hawks have been to more playoffs in a row than the Nets...

Cal827
04-17-2015, 09:11 PM
East:

Hawks over Nets in 7 games. For some reason, I think Brooklyn is going to fight very hard in this series, but I think Atlanta's experience in the playoffs will help them (unlike Toronto last year against the same Nets team)

Cavs over Celtics in 6 games. I can see Boston stealing a couple games, as much of the Cavs team is also going to the playoffs for the first time. I actually think that the playoff experience off the Bench (JR/Shumpert/Perkins/Mozgov) is going to be pivotal to the Cavs Series win.

Chicago over Milwaukee in 5 games. It's been a wonderful story for the Bucks, but this should be where it ends. They have very little playoff experience, and are the lower seed, against a team with tons of playoff experience and might be better than them at every position. If the Bucks can push this series to be a longer one, I might put him up there as one of the future elite coaches lol

Raptors over Wizards in 7 games. I wanted to see this series happen, but not so early :laugh2: . Either team can take this series, it comes down to who's back court plays better. Lowry has been able to hold Wall back in previous match-ups, but he's been battling injuries up till about now. Derozan has really come to towards the end of the season. Washington has a bit more playoff experience than Toronto does, but I think Toronto has enough to not be shaken early from their crowds (as was evident in games 1 and 7 last season).

West:

Warriors over Pelicans in 6 games. I think that Davis emerges, and dominates a few games to give the Pelicans a couple wins, but I think the Warriors will just be too strong for the Pelicans to get over them.

Rockets over Mavericks in 7 games. Cannot wait to see PSD explode when this series concludes :laugh2:
Rockets have Dwight back, and Harden is going against Monta Ellis. While Ellis is good offensively, he'll have a huge problem shutting down the MVP.

Clippers over Spurs in 7 games. Talk about bad luck. With everyone (including myself) questioning the resolve of the Clippers team, then they end up a top 3 seed in that brutal question.... AND as a reward, they get the Defending NBA Champion. Anyways, I actually think that the Clippers might get over the hump here. The Clippers have played the Spurs before (got crushed, but nontheless), and have gained much more experience since then. The Clippers HAVE to win this series, as this might be their best shot to get it all. Some of the teams that were below them (E.g. Golden State) have jumped them in the standings, and soon enough the other ones will catch up.

Memphis over Portland in 7 games. Memphis probably has the 2nd most playoff experience of all the teams in the West. Portland might have the star factor, but the Grizzlies have been able to shut down other superstars in their past. I think that this is the year where the Grizzlies finally come out of the West Imo.

Legitimate
04-17-2015, 09:53 PM
I think raptors might lose to washington in the series..i'll still be cheering for raptors though :D

Thumper 88
04-18-2015, 10:26 AM
East:

Hawks over Nets in 7 games. For some reason, I think Brooklyn is going to fight very hard in this series, but I think Atlanta's experience in the playoffs will help them (unlike Toronto last year against the same Nets team)

Cavs over Celtics in 6 games. I can see Boston stealing a couple games, as much of the Cavs team is also going to the playoffs for the first time. I actually think that the playoff experience off the Bench (JR/Shumpert/Perkins/Mozgov) is going to be pivotal to the Cavs Series win.

Chicago over Milwaukee in 5 games. It's been a wonderful story for the Bucks, but this should be where it ends. They have very little playoff experience, and are the lower seed, against a team with tons of playoff experience and might be better than them at every position. If the Bucks can push this series to be a longer one, I might put him up there as one of the future elite coaches lol

Raptors over Wizards in 7 games. I wanted to see this series happen, but not so early :laugh2: . Either team can take this series, it comes down to who's back court plays better. Lowry has been able to hold Wall back in previous match-ups, but he's been battling injuries up till about now. Derozan has really come to towards the end of the season. Washington has a bit more playoff experience than Toronto does, but I think Toronto has enough to not be shaken early from their crowds (as was evident in games 1 and 7 last season).

West:

Warriors over Pelicans in 6 games. I think that Davis emerges, and dominates a few games to give the Pelicans a couple wins, but I think the Warriors will just be too strong for the Pelicans to get over them.

Rockets over Mavericks in 7 games. Cannot wait to see PSD explode when this series concludes :laugh2:
Rockets have Dwight back, and Harden is going against Monta Ellis. While Ellis is good offensively, he'll have a huge problem shutting down the MVP.

Clippers over Spurs in 7 games. Talk about bad luck. With everyone (including myself) questioning the resolve of the Clippers team, then they end up a top 3 seed in that brutal question.... AND as a reward, they get the Defending NBA Champion. Anyways, I actually think that the Clippers might get over the hump here. The Clippers have played the Spurs before (got crushed, but nontheless), and have gained much more experience since then. The Clippers HAVE to win this series, as this might be their best shot to get it all. Some of the teams that were below them (E.g. Golden State) have jumped them in the standings, and soon enough the other ones will catch up.

Memphis over Portland in 7 games. Memphis probably has the 2nd most playoff experience of all the teams in the West. Portland might have the star factor, but the Grizzlies have been able to shut down other superstars in their past. I think that this is the year where the Grizzlies finally come out of the West Imo.

Lol monta will not be guarding harden

ohreally
04-18-2015, 06:08 PM
Well I am assuming ohreally is joking (Nets-Celtics) ECF. Other guy is a Nets homer.

Well, yeah, obviously I don't really expect it to go this way, but I would prefer the Nets and Celts over any other ten in the East, so It's more a wish. To a point.

Folks do underestimate the Nets though. When they put it together they are quite good. Their problem is that they can't stand success. They play a great game, the next they don't even show up. They play a great quarter, the next one, more often than not, is just godawful. They are more likely to be 6 minutes to putting a grip on the series and then totally falling apart and losing 4 straight.

Still, I do hope and expect they will win at least a few games against the Hawks. And if Mirza actually gets on the court, it could be interesting. He hasn't really played with a Brook going well or a Bojan who has figured out the NBA 3.

I also think Boston could put a scare into Cleveland.

I really expect the ECF will be Cavs/Hawks, And in that case, I would be pulling for the Hawks. And there is a good chance the Hawks can take it all.

But I still want the Nets, since they're the closest thing I've got to a team I have any reason to root for. And they are still capable of being better than most folks care to think.

ewing
04-19-2015, 10:35 PM
Cavs in 6 over the Griz

BornReady
04-20-2015, 04:14 AM
Bulls in 7 over the Clippers

thenaj17
04-20-2015, 06:56 AM
You honestly thing a team gets lucky to win 60 games?

The Nets are lucky they are in the playoffs in the East.

Seeds 4-8 are lucky they are in the playoffs due to being in the Eastern Conference and Atlanta would have barely won 50+ if they played in the West

KnicksorBust
04-20-2015, 12:47 PM
The *smart* money is Cavs over Warriors.