PDA

View Full Version : Should the Bulls tank??

Ty Fast
04-12-2015, 04:49 PM
If they finish 4th then they play the Hawks in round 2 but if they finish 3rd they play the Cavs. Also by tanking the last 2 games they could get some rest for their banged up roster. What do you think?

ChI_ShIzzLe
04-12-2015, 05:34 PM
1st, it doesn't matter. You gotta go through both teams to get to the Finals regardless. There's no difference in which round you face them. 2nd, Bulls aren't banged up. Everyone is healthy other than Hinrich(thank god), and D-Rose needs as much PT as possible these last 2 games. His performance last night was very encouraging.

RLundi
04-12-2015, 05:42 PM
Tank is such a stupid, overused word. But anyway, no the Bulla shouldn't try to lose games on purpose. The Hawks will win around 60 games this season. They don't gain anything by playing them in round 2 as opposed to round 3. It gets a little annoying, people discrediting the Hawks, and I'm not even a fan of Atlanta.

dalton749
04-12-2015, 06:03 PM
its nothing against the hawks, just nobody wants to go against lebron

how about the cavs tanking 2 games against boston so that they can make sure they play them in the first round for an easy win haha

making sure there is no chance theyre stuck playing brooklyn, indiana, or miami

Minimal
04-12-2015, 07:21 PM
its nothing against the hawks, just nobody wants to go against lebron

how about the cavs tanking 2 games against boston so that they can make sure they play them in the first round for an easy win haha

making sure there is no chance theyre stuck playing brooklyn, indiana, or miami
I actually thought they are gonna do it.. and they did. Smart move. Brooklyn/Indiana might have caused some problems. Boston on the other hand will be easy way to 2nd round.

Ezio
04-12-2015, 07:52 PM
The starting line up hasn't played more than 25 games together. You need to have some sort of cohesive unit going into the playoffs. Rest is nice but Rose needs these last games.

BornReady
04-13-2015, 12:57 AM
The starting line up hasn't played more than 25 games together. You need to have some sort of cohesive unit going into the playoffs. Rest is nice but Rose needs these last games.

this.

the Bulls starters need as much as playing time together as possible, especially Rose... and knowing Thibs and our culture, the Bulls don't tank games and are ready to play anybody. Cavs or Hawks, it doesn't matter

kozelkid
04-13-2015, 04:20 AM
Besides the fact that Bulls would likely face both teams should they advance to the ECF, facing the Bucks in the 1st round is a significantly easier matchup for the Bulls rather than the Wizards against whom they tend to struggle.

Mr. Baller
04-13-2015, 10:23 AM
Doesn't matter, they're out in round 2

bleedprple&gold
04-13-2015, 12:54 PM
2 games is considered "tanking"?

omdigga
04-13-2015, 02:36 PM
The Bulls dont tank games. They will have a "we dont give a F who we play" attitude (as they always do) going into the playoffs. Its what I love about that team.

archdevil84
04-13-2015, 03:18 PM
they should buy a tank

lamzoka
04-13-2015, 05:29 PM
It doesn't matter who they play. The Cavs are heading to the finals.

Bostonjorge
04-13-2015, 05:59 PM
I actually thought they are gonna do it.. and they did. Smart move. Brooklyn/Indiana might have caused some problems. Boston on the other hand will be easy way to 2nd round.

I wonder who's cowardly idea that was. That's why its impossible to cheer for that team.

bucketss
04-13-2015, 06:07 PM
id personally rather take on miami or brooklyn than boston,

WOwolfOL
04-13-2015, 07:51 PM
Would like the Bulls to move to 3rd and get the Bucks in round 1. The Wizards really give us hell and at this point, I'm less than confident we get to the 2nd round in the first place.

BornReady
04-14-2015, 12:18 AM
id personally rather take on miami or brooklyn than boston,
Miami has been out the playoffs with their loss last night

Would like the Bulls to move to 3rd and get the Bucks in round 1. The Wizards really give us hell and at this point, I'm less than confident we get to the 2nd round in the first place.

I know what you're saying but I bet you're feeling that way bc of last years upset. we are so much better than we were last year when we played them. Got rose now, butler is on another level, gasol, mirotic etc.... I don't think it should be a problem this year but you're right we don't match up with them well at all, but getting the Hawks second round would be much nicer than having the Cavs, especially if they play the Pacers, who will for sure tire them out. I believe healthy Pacers can shock the world and take the Hawks to 7 games or even beat them.