PDA

View Full Version : Predict the 2-6 seeds in the west by season end.

Clippersfan86
04-05-2015, 11:23 AM
Grizzlies, Spurs, Clippers, Rockets and Blazers are all in a dogfight for position going into these last 10 days of the season. I'm going to post their remaining schedules, you guys predict how it ends up. Couple interesting games H2H of these teams that can severely affect the race.

Grizzlies: Pelicans at Grizzlies, Grizzlies at Jazz, Grizzlies at Clippers, Grizzlies at Warriors, Pacers at Grizzlies. That 3 game road trip to underrated Utah, Clippers, Warriors is going to be HUGE for them. They have a chance at 2 seed still, being a half game back. They also have a chance to fall a few seeds.

Spurs: Warriors at Spurs (tonight), Spurs at Thunder, Rockets at Spurs, Spurs at Rockets, Suns at Spurs, Pelicans at Spurs. Spurs may have the toughest remaining schedule of these teams, but they've proven time and time again that they overcome adversity.

Clippers: Clippers at Lakers, Lakers at Clippers, Grizzlies at Clippers, Nuggets at Clippers, Clippers at Suns. Clippers play 4 of their final 5 at Staples and probably play the easiest opponents. Only one good team remaining and one solid team, which will greatly affect seeding.

Rockets: Rockets at Thunder, Rockets at Spurs, Spurs at Rockets, Pelicans at Rockets, Rockets at Hornets, Jazz at Rockets. Rockets have a fantastic chance to control their destiny if they can beat the Spurs, especially twice. They have maybe the 2nd toughest remaining schedule of these teams.

Blazers: Pelicans at Blazers, Blazers at Nets, T'Wolves at Blazers, Blazers @ Warriors, Jazz at Blazers, Blazers at Thunder, Blazers at Mavs. Blazers probably have the 2nd easiest remaining schedule of these teams. They are elite at home where they only have 6 losses all year and play 4 on the road, 3 at home of the remaining games. Due to winning division they are a lock at the 4 seed, even if record wise they are actually 5th or 6th. So although they won't have HCA, they will face the 5 seed in round 1.

How do you see this shaking out? Couple teams that are showing up a lot in these schedules that are dangerous teams playing for nothing but to spoil seeding are the Jazz and Pelicans. These teams can surprise and really throw a wrench in seeding.

mightybosstone
04-05-2015, 11:59 AM
First off, Memphis is not tied for the 2 seed. They're a 1/2 game back of Houston and Houston has the slightest of edges because of division record. If they had beaten Washington, I probably would have predicted them to take the 2 seed, but that loss really hurt them, because their remaining schedule is very difficult.

A lot of things could happen in the next couple of weeks, but I honestly think that the standings will end up exactly where they are right now. The Spurs are playing the best of all the teams, but their schedule is the toughest and if they split their back-to-back with Houston, then they have little chance of passing the Clippers, who have a Downy soft schedule the rest of the way.

That game between Memphis and the Clippers is HUGE, because Memphis is slipping a bit and the Clippers probably win their other four games. But historically the Grizzlies have had the Clippers numbers in big games, and I tend to give them the slightest of edges heading into that one. If Memphis wins that game, they lock down the 3 seed, especially if Golden State rests their starters down the stretch.

The frustrating thing in the West is that Portland pretty much has the 4 seed on lockdown because they're a division winner. But in all likelihood, I think the Blazers end up with the 6th best record and steal the 4th seed from a much better basketball team in San Antonio.

Clippersfan86
04-05-2015, 12:15 PM
First off, Memphis is not tied for the 2 seed. They're a 1/2 game back of Houston and Houston has the slightest of edges because of division record. If they had beaten Washington, I probably would have predicted them to take the 2 seed, but that loss really hurt them, because their remaining schedule is very difficult.

A lot of things could happen in the next couple of weeks, but I honestly think that the standings will end up exactly where they are right now. The Spurs are playing the best of all the teams, but their schedule is the toughest and if they split their back-to-back with Houston, then they have little chance of passing the Clippers, who have a Downy soft schedule the rest of the way.

That game between Memphis and the Clippers is HUGE, because Memphis is slipping a bit and the Clippers probably win their other four games. But historically the Grizzlies have had the Clippers numbers in big games, and I tend to give them the slightest of edges heading into that one. If Memphis wins that game, they lock down the 3 seed, especially if Golden State rests their starters down the stretch.

The frustrating thing in the West is that Portland pretty much has the 4 seed on lockdown because they're a division winner. But in all likelihood, I think the Blazers end up with the 6th best record and steal the 4th seed from a much better basketball team in San Antonio.

I'll edit the Grizzlies thing. Oh dang, totally forgot the Blazers have locked up 4 as you said due to winning division. So as you said, although they won't have HCA, they will have 4 seed.

goingfor28
04-05-2015, 12:19 PM
Houston
Memphis
Portland
LA (gets home court)
SA