PDA

View Full Version : random thoughts thread

ewing
04-04-2015, 04:09 PM
Just for observations

today i am watching the Lakers and Celtic game 3 1987. Man no one move the ball ahead with the pass better then the Lakers did. It is crazy. With the game moving towards more shooting and having more skilled players at ever spot will we see this again. I mean the outlet passing you see watching the Lakers is insane. Everyone is looking to pass down floor all the time. My first CYO coach always told me you cant out run the the ball and its true. man these guys got it up the floor.

The other thing is Magic has learned to shoot at this point. He came along around the birth of the 3 point line and go one was harder to stop going north south- maybe Bron- but man he was a load. If Magic came along a couple years latter would he have developed that J sooner and been that much more unstoppable.

ewing
04-04-2015, 04:27 PM
i think we should sticky this thread for non thread worthy musings

JasonJohnHorn
04-05-2015, 10:55 AM
They were great at that. That is one of the things Rodman was good at, especially on the Bulls. That outlet pass really pushed the offense, and Rodman pushed those guys to do it. He was willing to create a turnover when he did it to so that the guys on his team knew that they had to get their @$$e$ up the floor as soon as he got the ball. It's one of the reasons the Bulls had such high percentages on offense.

I never saw any of his games, but I've been told Wes Unseld was the same way.

When you watch LBJ and Wade together, they knew how to push that ball and create a fast break too. I think that is why LBJ likes Irving better than Love. Love is a post-up or step-out and shoot kind of guy, where as Irving is a push-it-up-the-floor kind of guy, and I think that is why Love isn't fitting in. On the other hand, the Celtics (though they did push the ball) had a lot of guys (Bird, Parish, McHale) who post up and work set plays instead of running the fast break, and they were almost as dominant as the Lakers.

Tony_Starks
04-05-2015, 11:25 AM
Magic is one of the only truly great players we will never see again. A 6'9 pg with a handle that could literally play all 5 positions, literally made everyone better....not just hyperbole. Even as a kid I knew I was watching something special and now as a adult that knows the game when I watch its like Wow this dude could control a game regardless of numbers....

SLY WILLIAMS
04-05-2015, 03:42 PM
Seems like nobody ever speaks about Dr. Dunkenstein Darrell Griffith or Spencer Haywood. They were two pretty good players.

Most Knicks fans do not know that it was their second round pick used by Dallas to pick Mark Price. Then Dallas traded him to Cleveland. Bad move Dallas.

Ty Fast
04-05-2015, 03:44 PM
What if Melo went to Detroit and what if D-Wade never got hurt so much. Also what if LeBron had played for a great or even good coach.

ewing
04-06-2015, 11:49 AM
Dennis Rodman vs Shaq

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg3BiOw4TWo

IBleedPurple
04-06-2015, 12:18 PM
Is the brow the source of his power, or is it eventually going to restrict all-time greatness?

I also wish I got to watch more Alex English

ewing
04-14-2015, 11:13 PM
http://basketball.******.com/wiretap/237418/Stephen-Curry-Made-77-Straight-Three-Pointers-During-Practice

well isnt that sick. I used to finish every session by hitting 10 of 10 from the line. lefty and a righty layup and 3 threes from straight away. seems weak

ewing
04-24-2015, 11:54 PM
how fat does Big Baby Davis get after he retires?

Shady66
04-24-2015, 11:59 PM
how fat does Big Baby Davis get after he retires?
I love seeing him in slow motion. His upper arm fat jiggles so much. On that note Boris diaw is also pretty fat. He's got ****

ewing
04-25-2015, 12:00 AM
I love seeing him in slow motion. His upper arm fat jiggles so much. On that note Boris diaw is also pretty fat. He's got ****

Diaw is going to be a larde ***