PDA

View Full Version : What kind of baller are you

ewing
04-03-2015, 12:27 AM
Tell us your history, what you are good at, bad at, are you past your prime, have goals, etc

mightybosstone
04-03-2015, 12:37 AM
I peaked as a basketball player probably sometime around the age of 15-16 (and no, I didn't play in high school). I don't dribble well and I have no post moves. I'm basically a 5'8", slightly overweight 3 and D player who needs to take a break every five minutes and drinks beer at halftime. Oh, and I don't think I've actually stepped on a basketball court in over five years.

Some people were meant to play sports. Some people were meant to comment on them. I'm definitely the latter, and I'm totally cool with that.

matnautico
04-03-2015, 01:03 AM
I played until around 16, I was a 5'10'' or something PG at the time, I was pretty much the best scorer at my HS team (the team wasnt very good though), I was kind of a chucker though lol and a really lazy defender, mostly due to bad cardio. I miss those days... Havent played for around 4 years now

goingfor28
04-03-2015, 01:24 AM
I'm 6ft and can shoot 3s. Never been able to dribble all that well with a yoke pressuring me. When I played I basically hovered around the 3pt line and shot when I got the ball.
On defense I'd say I was an average defender at best but would always get under the hoop amd fight for a rebound.
Loved when other teams played zone. Meant I could find open shots easy.

brebre82
04-03-2015, 01:24 AM
The deadliest kind

Sadds The Gr8
04-03-2015, 01:36 AM
I peaked as a basketball player probably sometime around the age of 15-16 (and no, I didn't play in high school). I don't dribble well and I have no post moves. I'm basically a 5'8", slightly overweight 3 and D player who needs to take a break every five minutes and drinks beer at halftime. Oh, and I don't think I've actually stepped on a basketball court in over five years.

Basically me today except the beer part and a couple inches taller.

When I was in my prime I was a pass first pg that was a streaky shooter. Not a crafty ballhandler at all but I wish I was. I just stick to the basics in the handles department, so a good way to limit me is to play tight or press (i hated those energetic ****ers that did that in street ball). Love to post up, and i catch ppl off guard because I'm a right handed shooter even though I'm a lefty (dominant left handed driver). Also love pick n rolls.

My defense depends on my mood. I can D up well when I'm motivated but that's not always the case.

For athleticism I was fast end to end, but wasnt a leaper at all. Mediocre quickness as well....I needed picks and weird shifty moves to get by defenders.

Greedy22
04-03-2015, 02:55 AM
Really good shooter from 3 and midrange. In high school i was our pg and had decent handles along with really good floor vision. Was actually an excellent on ball defender and solid help defender. At times I got unselfish/passive to a fault.

Cracka2HI!
04-03-2015, 03:40 AM
I'm your typical 35 year old white player. I can shoot and D up...If there is no refs I'm effective. I had some handle back in the day. I wrestled until my Jr year. I tried otu and made the B-Ball team my Jr year but at 5'6'' or so didn't play all season. I think I got in 3 games and played 10 minutes. I did make a basket which is one of the highlights of my life. That said, I'd probably ball 99% of PSD up 1 on 1. I'm real tough 1 on 1 or 2 on 2...if we ain't calling fouls. No wood, no refs.

dalton749
04-03-2015, 03:59 AM
I'm the type to take off my shoelaces and choke a *****

Tanakid777
04-03-2015, 04:27 AM
I was an undersized, unathletic post, mainly due to the fact that my handles were below average. Solid post game though, especially on the right block. Average rebounder, which was an accomplishment, being 5'11" with not much hops. Best move was the up and under. Could shoot out to the 3 point line and pass out of the post, which were the only reasons I played the ~12 minutes a game I played my junior and senior years of high school.

The most notable thing I ever did was *almost* get dunked on by Chris Babb (Maine Red Claws, Boston Celtics last year) twice. Fouled him hard once, took a charge the second time. He posterized a couple of my teammates though. He put up his HS career high of 51 on us. Lurl.

b_russ
04-03-2015, 05:42 AM
I'm like a fat, short, slow, nonathletic, untalented, white guy version of Kobe Bryant. Every time I get the ball I shoot and hold my follow through yelling "KOBEEEEEYY!"

NYJ - NYY
04-03-2015, 06:52 AM
I can rebound, box out, play some d, make the occasional jump shot ... Terrible handle, picture a big baby Davis (5'8 205)

NYJ - NYY
04-03-2015, 06:53 AM
I'm like a fat, short, slow, nonathletic, untalented, white guy version of Kobe Bryant. Every time I get the ball I shoot and hold my follow through yelling "KOBEEEEEYY!"

Awesome description

MILLERHIGHLIFE
04-03-2015, 07:43 AM
Lockdown defender and have hook-shot and finger roll. Streaky three point shooter. Some days i'm on other days not. But seem to be clutch at trick shots. Made two back to back half court shots in high school just getting off the bus early morning shoot around before the morning bell.

R. Johnson#3
04-03-2015, 08:16 AM
I'm 5' 11 190lbs and I'm annoying as **** to play against. I never stop moving without the ball and am constantly setting screens. When I get the ball if nobody is around I will take the shot 9/10 but if somebody is close I will look to move the ball around or drive and kick. A lot of the time I draw a smaller defender and when I do I love playing in the post. I have 3 or 4 decent post moves and really good vision when it comes to passing out of the post.

I'm not a good rebounder. I box people out but I've never been able to get a good read on the ball when it goes up. I can't finish in traffic. If it's a fast break and I only have 1 defender, I'm fine but if I'm going into traffic then I will rarely ever finish at the rim.

archdevil84
04-03-2015, 08:25 AM
im dissapointed. i thought alot of you guys were taller then atleast 6'4

Vee-Rex
04-03-2015, 08:35 AM
My game was most like John Wall's (in terms of style... I wasn't great).

I couldn't ever shoot consistently. But I was pretty good at attacking the rim and my perimeter defense was the best part of my game. I could rebound extremely well because of my leaping ability and long arms.

5'8 and I'm only 27 though so I like to go hoop every once in awhile still.

xbrackattackx
04-03-2015, 08:47 AM
I'm 6"3 so in high school, I had to play power forward cause I was a bigger guy. I always wanted to be a PG though cause I loved to set people up and play pesky defense. Well we won state one year made it back the next and got stomped. The other team had a legit 7 footer and no one could stop him. I also weighed 240 in high school, now I am 187. So now in my late 20's I play PG and still love being a pass first. I can hit threes and midrange shots. Butt my driving game isn't that great. I'm better at driving and dishing out. Whatever I play in a rec league for fun. I am actually better now than High school just cause I understand the game better now.

By the way the guy who wrecked our team was Trevor Booker of Union High.

ewing
04-03-2015, 09:01 AM
currently a 3 point shooter who like to make show off passes. I don't play that often anymore, maybe once a month. I admit i go into a game with goals and not of winning. I will have a goal to hit bank shots or tear drops- i really don't care about winning at all. In my prime a was super high energy with a knock down J. I quit my HS team after getting into a fight with our coach in the hallways during school- he was dick and had it out for me already. played a year of D3 where i played point. I then transferred to a D1 and did workout with the team some but honestly was not good enough to play organized on that level- and is wasn't a Duke lol. During college I was about 6 foot 140 and was hardly the fastest or most athletic kid. being a shooter and gym rat i got to play on a lot of different levels though playing with those guys was fun. During college i somewhat lost interest in the game- it really was my life up until then.

mightybosstone
04-03-2015, 09:13 AM

:nod:

ewing
04-03-2015, 09:16 AM
if you guys want a scouting report. Do not let me go left. I am right handed but finish in the lane equally as well with either hand and find the pull up going left a much easier shot. I've never understood that one, it just it is easy to see the bucket clean going left. Also as that tool mark Jackson say hand down, man down. Most of my game is predicated on hiding/running to spots and trying to make you think i am not going to shoot. I will look at my shoes, limp, pretend to be taking a rest and sprint past someone who doesn't know they are setting a pick, pretend to just be pulling the ball back,etc. Also most of my drives are to set up a pass. If i dribble hard it normally just to make you help and extra step.

mightybosstone
04-03-2015, 09:22 AM
if you guys want a scouting report. Do not let me go left. I am right handed but finish in the lane equally as well with either hand and find the pull up going left a much easier shot. I've never understood that one, it just it is easy to see the bucket clean going left. Also as that tool mark Jackson say hand down, man down. Most of my game is predicated on hiding/running to spots and trying to make you think i am not going to shoot. I will look at my shoes, limp, pretend to be taking a rest and sprint past someone who doesn't know they are setting a pick, pretend to just be pulling the ball back,etc. Also most of my drives are to set up a pass. If i dribble hard it normally just to make you help and extra step.

Why would I need a scouting report on you? I don't think we're going to be putting together a PSD pickup basketball league anytime soon. And I don't think any NBA GMs are lurking around PSD looking to draft unathletic dudes in their mid 20s and 30s. :D

ewing
04-03-2015, 09:29 AM
Why would I need a scouting report on you? I don't think we're going to be putting together a PSD pickup basketball league anytime soon. And I don't think any NBA GMs are lurking around PSD looking to draft unathletic dudes in their mid 20s and 30s. :D

I think it is to fun to know how people play and conceive the game. I also think a PSD pickup league is the greatest idea ever!

JLynn943
04-03-2015, 09:44 AM
I'm 5'9" but like to play like a big, so it often doesn't work out too well. I'm also out of shape and have no handles (except love handles... :p). I'm okay at shooting and decent at defense. I love to pass, and I love bank shots.

Hawkeye15
04-03-2015, 09:46 AM
haven't played in 5 years, it hurts my back now.

I am 5'11"-6', 170 lbs, had pretty good but not great athleticism (I could dunk fairly easily, but not super laterally quick). I was a shooter, period. I can still kill almost anyone at horse, or in a shooting contest. Never guarded anything, like ever, and I have tunnel vision with the ball, so you can be wide open under the rim, and I absolutely won't see you.

But, my shooting ability, and ability to score always kept me making teams, and getting minutes.

Hawkeye15
04-03-2015, 09:47 AM
It's funny, I actually dislike players that describe me haha

urban85disciple
04-03-2015, 09:53 AM
In HS i was 5'10 140lbs, I'm now 6'0" 175 (in-shape). I actually got 1000x better after HS; not sure why. I was always the fastest and relied on speed and athleticism, and only scored driving to the basket. But now I pretty much score from anywhere. My speed is going but I play smarter, developed a shot and handles. Still not sure what position I play like, maybe a point forward. I try to play at least twice a month in rec leagues or pickup.

ewing
04-03-2015, 09:54 AM
I'm 5'9" but like to play like a big, so it often doesn't work out too well. I'm also out of shape and have no handles (except love handles... :p). I'm okay at shooting and decent at defense. I love to pass, and I love bank shots.

if anyone ever gets on you for going glass just tell em "the backboard is your friend"

king4day
04-03-2015, 10:09 AM
I grew too late in life (6'5"). I didn't start really playing and learning how to play until I was 32 (a few years ago) where I joined a rec league. I learned that everything I had already known was wrong. If you only play street ball, you'll initially be crushed in rec leagues that are officiated.

I'm always asked to play inside but never developed the knowledge of a post game so it's hard to suddenly convert to that. I prefer a mid-range game.

My biggest strength is my hustle. When nobody wants to get back on fastbreaks, I do. People act like rec league players are superstars and won't miss easy layups. So I make it difficult on them and clean up their embarrassing misses :)

JLynn943
04-03-2015, 10:33 AM
if anyone ever gets on you for going glass just tell em "the backboard is your friend"

Even if they don't like it, if that's how I can score, I'm gonna do it :laugh2:

Ollie Tabooger
04-03-2015, 12:03 PM
I'm basically Hawkeye with less athleticism. 6'1", hovered around 170 in my playing days (now about 205 or so), but could never dunk. Shooting is what kept me on the court. Kind of a silly accomplishment, but I once stood at the free-throw line with a rebounder after practice and hit 97 free throws in a row.

But I never could do anything but shoot and play some decent D, so I was reduced to a role player.

Chronz
04-03-2015, 01:05 PM
2-3 Years ago I would have said Im Q-Ross, now Im more like PJ Tucker.

5"10 and 3/4 tho

Played ball in HS and some JUCO in my younger days but I swear I've never been more explosive than I am today. Didn't take the game or my personal fitness as seriously as I do now, thinking about joining a league once these 24 Hour fitness guys stop embarrassing me. At most parks, Im usually the guy nobody wants to play against, but the guy everyone loves to play with. Im a really good passer, like really good. I have a great first step that never fails me, but I have an upper body that does. Against guys of similar build and height, I look like a damn All-Star but to reach that next level, I have to either absorb the hacks (that I never call) better or I have refine my triple threat game to the point where they have to stick to me like glue. My handles are not fancy but Im deceptive with them, I never get pick pocketed so more often than not, Im asked to initiate things, problem is, Im at my best with the defense scrambled and me catching the ball on the wing.

I actually have something of a consistent form now so Im loving the results. Most people I meet work out to see their bodies transform, Im doing it to see how it translates on the court before I reach that age where you cant jump anymore. Im money coming off a pindown on the left elbow and I love facing up on the right elbow.

If I play with guys that move the ball, I can put up numbers, but when I play with a bunch of ball hogs who do nothing but play 1 on 1, I get lost in the shuffle and lose interest in the game. No matter what tho, I've always prided myself on defense. Im a much better defender when I can roam than when they ask me to stick to shooters. Honestly Im pretty average at guarding them because my first instinct is always to help and nothing gets me more tired than zoning in on 1 guy who needs very little air space. When Im off the ball tho, Im likely to get 3-4 steals, **** load of deflections and the occasional block with my arm pit. I've bragged for years that NOBODY has stronger fingers than me. I get props from the kids that watch us play and I feel like a big fish in my small pond sometimes. Then I hit the gym and realize how far I have to go.

That said, my fingers can hold onto any loose ball. I could be on the floor with guys momentum pushing them one way and they still dont take control of the ball. I cant explain it, I like to thank all the milk I've guzzled over the years, that or I fap way too much. Really tho, I get a ton of deflections and strips in help situations.

KnicksorBust
04-03-2015, 01:42 PM
At 31 years old I'm 6'1 about 200lbs. I grew early and was always one of the taller players on school/rec leagues so I grew up playing Center on every team. I love playing down low in the post and can finish easily with both hands at the rim. I also love to flash and work the high post game to hit cutters or run pick and rolls. Shooting is not exactly a strength. lol

Defensively I like to body up bigger opponents. My lateral quickness is NOT what it used to be so if I'm out on the wing I'd have a tough time keeping with a guard. I can force my opponents baseline if I have good help. I like playing with people that communicate and move the ball.

KnicksorBust
04-03-2015, 01:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gWxHFMog9w

LakersIn5
04-03-2015, 02:40 PM
A very poor mans trevor ariza

IBleedPurple
04-03-2015, 03:06 PM
I'm like a fat, short, slow, nonathletic, untalented, white guy version of Kobe Bryant. Every time I get the ball I shoot and hold my follow through yelling "KOBEEEEEYY!":laugh2:

Basically this. Haven't played in years, was a sniper in Middle/High School but didn't play on the team. Fun beating nearly every player on the team in shooting contests regularly, because that's all I had. Defense, no. Endurance, no. Handles, no.

I still like shooting at the gym occasionally. Now that I've lost my touch, it's a good workout chasing down the ball so much.

Ty Fast
04-03-2015, 03:45 PM
I'm like dell curry. Good shooter.

Clippersfan86
04-03-2015, 03:58 PM
Same kind of baller as I am poster on PSD. Defensive and emotional.

archdevil84
04-03-2015, 04:11 PM
6'6 athletic, tall, good wingspan, defensive primarily. bad 3p/mid range shooter. decent post up

ewing
04-03-2015, 04:16 PM
Even if they don't like it, if that's how I can score, I'm gonna do it :laugh2:

well use the line to talk **** then. Next time you hit 3 bank shots in a row. Shake your head aT everyone and let them know "THE BACKBAORD IS YOU FRIENDDDDDD!" :)

cmellofan15
04-03-2015, 05:04 PM
Somewhere between 6'1" and 6'2" depending on the day, around 195 and I'm pretty flabby. Not a very good ball handler at all, but I think I'm a damn good passer. I'm a pretty streaky 3pt shooter and more often than not I'm off. I love playing in the high post and a few feet inside the 3pt line. My post moves are pretty effective against guys my size and slightly larger, and my turn around jumper is usually pretty deadly. I'm good at driving but after a while I get pretty predictable with my movements so it's not hard to strip me so I like to pass a lot on breaks and drives. One move that I've been working on is my step back because my dribbling is pretty lack luster. My step back to the right is pretty effective but to the left it's on and off. I play pretty lazy on ball defense most times, but I have some pretty long arms (I think my wingspan is around 6'6") and a decent vertical so my help defense makes up for it quite a bit.

Hawkeye15
04-03-2015, 05:11 PM
Somewhere between 6'1" and 6'2" depending on the day, around 195 and I'm pretty flabby. Not a very good ball handler at all, but I think I'm a damn good passer. I'm a pretty streaky 3pt shooter and more often than not I'm off. I love playing in the high post and a few feet inside the 3pt line. My post moves are pretty effective against guys my size and slightly larger, and my turn around jumper is usually pretty deadly. I'm good at driving but after a while I get pretty predictable with my movements so it's not hard to strip me so I like to pass a lot on breaks and drives. One move that I've been working on is my step back because my dribbling is pretty lack luster. My step back to the right is pretty effective but to the left it's on and off. I play pretty lazy on ball defense most times, but I have some pretty long arms (I think my wingspan is around 6'6") and a decent vertical so my help defense makes up for it quite a bit.

so you are the rec league Boris Diaw?

L8kers4life
04-03-2015, 05:29 PM
6 foot 4 225lb in college (275 now) played SF and PF in HS and played SG in College. 43% carreer 3 point shooter, in HS I was a really good rebounder and scorer, avereged 21 and 13 rebounds Jr year, 24 and 14 senior year. When I got to college and I did not have to play PF every game, my jumphot really improved and actually hit 8 3 pointers in a game against UW. Very good on ball defender, not as good team defender, also very good in the low post. Now days, I usually destroy anyone in a rec league because my size now and I still have quickness. Current rec league average of 33 and 15, I was a TE for the Chargers practice squad 05 and 06 so that is why I have the size now. I can just bully people now, or hit the open 3, no one wants to guard the TE at the 3 point line, lol...

Tony_Starks
04-03-2015, 06:04 PM
The kind of player that PSD would hate. Wesley Snipes in White Men Can't Jump (then). Now I'm Woody Harrelson = (

goingfor28
04-05-2015, 11:34 PM
Cheap jersey and very nice quality NBA Jersey just need $18.99
Order 10 pcs jerseys we provide free shipping.
Crazy Light Swingman Jersey Available
Share our site you on Facebook can get the 5% discount code!~
We also have the customized jersey service and you can have the jersey stitched on you name and your number!
Enjoy the best online shipping experience
www.efljerseys.ru
One of everything please

LA4life24/8
04-07-2015, 06:10 AM
I was a 5'10 pass first pg, streaky shooter good handles deadly quick could just barely dunk lock down defender played some high school ball (real small Illinois school) unfortunately a serious groin injury ended my quickness and lateral movement and then I was basically done haha

jkiddvc20
04-07-2015, 07:44 AM
I am 6'2 played my whole life. Now I am 22 and still play ball all the time. I am in a mens league and I play around 3-4 times a week at LA Fitness.

3 pointer is my deadliest weapon but I can still head down low. I use my size to get rebounds and hit a fair share of off balance shots. I play very much like Dirk (Obviously nowhere near as good) but Dirk is a deadly shooter with an amazing touch. My defense is not great but I always hustle and I foul like crazy haha so people hate playing me.

valade16
04-07-2015, 09:19 AM
Same kind of baller as I am poster on PSD. Defensive and emotional.

:laugh2:

6 foot 4 225lb in college (275 now) played SF and PF in HS and played SG in College. 43% carreer 3 point shooter, in HS I was a really good rebounder and scorer, avereged 21 and 13 rebounds Jr year, 24 and 14 senior year. When I got to college and I did not have to play PF every game, my jumphot really improved and actually hit 8 3 pointers in a game against UW. Very good on ball defender, not as good team defender, also very good in the low post. Now days, I usually destroy anyone in a rec league because my size now and I still have quickness. Current rec league average of 33 and 15, I was a TE for the Chargers practice squad 05 and 06 so that is why I have the size now. I can just bully people now, or hit the open 3, no one wants to guard the TE at the 3 point line, lol...

That's exactly where I'd want to guard the 6'4" TE lol. Way better there than in the post.

krrys11
04-07-2015, 11:37 AM
6ft PG. Pass first.
Shooting good on a great day, so most of the time I drive and kick. Great on one on one drives due to my size (not height), however as I build more muscle I lose speed and quickness so the game becomes harder. I love to post up as I can bully people and push them around.
On the D...Great help D, rather below avarage man to man.

TO Rapz
04-07-2015, 11:43 AM
5'8, 170. I play the game exactly like Kyle Lowry does. Carbon copy.

lol, please
04-07-2015, 04:50 PM
Tell us your history, what you are good at, bad at, are you past your prime, have goals, etc

I'm a James Harden type player. I like to try and run the point but really hog it a bit and try and cross people over around the perimeter, then I just drive to the basket constantly but throw myself to the ground every time an opposing player gets remotely close to me and walk myself to the FT line while everyone stares at me and they start complaining that I am interupting the flow of the game. I get called a wuss and puss in pick up games but I just point to Harden to validate my approach.

Saddletramp
04-07-2015, 08:34 PM
Really good shooter from 3 and midrange. In high school i was our pg and had decent handles along with really good floor vision. Was actually an excellent on ball defender and solid help defender. At times I got unselfish/passive to a fault.

So I guess you're saying that you're sometimes not very greedy?

I never played on a team in school because the year I tried out, I played too close on D (like, I wouldn't even let a guy up when he dove for a ball) and I couldn't shoot/dribble/pass. I was cut real quick which I found really weird since I was easily one of the two tallest kids at my school. Just too raw I guess to even give a chance.

Played street ball with friends and at church growing up and I was always a scrappy player. Rebounded well, smart shot selection and tried to get my teammates involved. Never figured out how to dribble with anyone around and my outside shots never went in with any kind of regularity (although I hit some nice shots periodically).

Now I'm 6'5 and have a beer gut that I need to trim (although that's really my only problem area). I work with a guy who is a few inches shorter than I am and he weighed more than I do this time last year. He lost 140 lbs and looks great. I'm starting to hate that mother****er.

Getting UGGLA
04-07-2015, 09:05 PM
I'm a bowling baller, does that count? 7 300's, 4 800's (809, 862, 816, 801 (267 triplicate)) and 10 straight years with an average over 210. : \

NYJ - NYY
04-07-2015, 09:17 PM
I'm a bowling baller, does that count? 7 300's, 4 800's (809, 862, 816, 801 (267 triplicate)) and 10 straight years with an average over 210. : \

800's ? Da fuq? Elaborate please but that's ****ing awesome about the 300's I enjoy bowling (not good at it)

ewing
04-08-2015, 10:38 AM

no

ewing
04-08-2015, 10:40 AM
anyone else shocked that average poster is a 5'8 PF the loves posting up and is "streaky" from the perimeter?

valade16
04-08-2015, 10:58 AM
anyone else shocked that average poster is a 5'8 PF the loves posting up and is "streaky" from the perimeter?

I am. I expected more to be like me: a 6'1" skinny (180 lbs) who is lights out from 3 but not very great at anything else.

Hawkeye15
04-08-2015, 11:01 AM

these don't go together

ewing
04-08-2015, 11:03 AM
I am. I expected more to be like me: a 6'1" skinny (180 lbs) who is lights out from 3 but not very great at anything else.

that would make some sense. I've always felt that us shooters are bigger basketball dorks. Could be that i'm just a dork LOL

Mr. Baller
04-08-2015, 11:30 AM
5'9 PG with a game like college jimmer. Will shoot from anywhere at any time. No ****s given

Tumstock
04-08-2015, 11:40 AM
5'11, 195 I'm lightning quick and can bully people around. But I can't make open layups , can't shoot, can't dribble left, no bball sense whatsoever, lazy defender.

LongIslandIcedZ
04-08-2015, 12:50 PM
My game changes with the size of the people I play with.

If everyone is around 5'8-5'11, I'll back people down because thats how I grew up playing. I was always taller, so a post game is what I developed first. Decent little hook shot.

When I play at the rec center and people are a tad taller, I stick to shooting 3's and locking down the small forward or power forward. Not quick enough to stick with people who are in shape. Not tall enough to bang down low with people that are a foot taller than me.

omdigga
04-08-2015, 02:43 PM
I modeled my game after one of my all time favorite players, Kurt Thomas. Expect random elbows and crazy eyes for no reason throughout the game.

ewing
04-08-2015, 02:58 PM
I modeled my game after one of my all time favorite players, Kurt Thomas. Expect random elbows and crazy eyes for no reason throughout the game.

I've meet KT a couple of times, friend of a friend. guy actually seems about as nice and polite and you can get.

omdigga
04-08-2015, 04:01 PM
I've meet KT a couple of times, friend of a friend. guy actually seems about as nice and polite and you can get.

im sure he is, off the court. Kind of like how people say Kendrick Perkins is a really nice guy when hes not playing basketball.

aLau10
04-08-2015, 04:55 PM
If we are trying to relate our games to specific NBA players, I'd say my game/playing style is most similar to Gordon Hayward's.

I'm 23 years old, 6'0" in height, and weight around 175-180 lbs. My growth spurt came earlier than many kids my age, so growing up I played alot of big. During that time I have learned to really solidify my rebounding techniques, the feeling and timing for the boards, and also a few handy post moves. Then during my 4 years of Highschool hoops I literally bounced from position to position. Eventually I played the range of positions from 1-4, but primarily as a capable ball handling 2 or 3. Even now in local leagues or pickups, depending on matchups and my teammates, I still play from the 1 to 4 position.

The experience playing in all these positions have allowed me to learn different fundamentals and skills, so I am essentially an All-Around type of player like Hayward, Batum, Parsons, etc. got decent handles, can bring the ball up, drop some dimes, can attack the basket, got a decent stroke on the shot especially mid-range in motions and corner 3s, can D up sufficiently exterior and interior, can board.

Jack of all trades, don't necessarily excel in anything.

Vinny642
04-08-2015, 08:22 PM
IM a great teammate, my right hand is pretty good, but my left hand handles brings it all down.
When I am not lazy, and I am a pest of a defender lol. I can hit jumpers and 3s, not with crazy consistency but a decent amount of time.
I am good at passing and drive and passing. Also always setting screens.

But I am short and white lol so my ups isnt there, cannot dunk, my layup game can be brutal at times.

JWO35
04-08-2015, 08:40 PM
I'm LeBron James but I don't need a Big 3

CubbieKid17
04-08-2015, 08:52 PM
I'm Clarence Weatherspoon.