PDA

View Full Version : Have you guys ever played drunk? Hardest hit you've ever taken?

Chronz
04-02-2015, 07:40 PM
Or high..... but feel free to keep this on the "drink". Do you ever feel like you play better or is it always worse?

I hate to brag but Im becoming a pretty big deal at my midget park (still getting balled up by guys at the gym tho) and its the first time I tried playing while drinking a Heine on the side.

I felt like my effort was there but things were going too fast for me to really take advantage. I wound up taking a hit and landing straight on my back. My neck hasn't stopped hurting for 2 days and Im wondering if anyone has ever gone through an injury like that?

Whats the biggest injury/fall you've sustained and was it a result of the drink? HAHA

Vee-Rex
04-02-2015, 07:49 PM
Never played drunk, though I can see how a game could be fun if everyone playing was drunk. I like to think that I drive extremely well when drunk, but I don't see how I could possibly play basketball well while drunk.

Worst injury I've had from basketball was a sprained ankle, and nope I was completely sober. Went up for a rebound, bumped into a guy in mid-air, lost my balance, landed wrong, and was on the ground clutching my ankle a few seconds later.

Was walking again after about two and a half weeks, took about six weeks to fully recover.

PurpleLynch
04-02-2015, 08:24 PM
Played high. It was funny,but my friends completely destroyed me. I did fantastic assists anyway,I was very creative.

PowerHouse
04-02-2015, 08:30 PM
Not drunk but I have played stoned. I dont recommend it. I got tired much faster and my whole game just seemed off.

Clippersfan86
04-02-2015, 08:32 PM
I played on adderall regularly (was my prescription) and I had unlimited stamina, better reflexes and focus, more explosiveness. No, I'm not kidding. So not booze, but on a substance of sorts. I could literally play 3-4 hours straight of pick up without getting out of breath once in nonstop games and I didn't even drink fluids really. I hate water and suspect I played basketball dehydrated 75 percent of the time.

Shlumpledink
04-02-2015, 08:52 PM
I've played after drinking during the 2002 playoffs. I definitely was dehydrated and was getting winded fast.

Also, my depth perception was really off. I kept shooting shots really long or short. If I made a shot its because I banked it in hard.

jerellh528
04-02-2015, 08:54 PM
Never played drunk. But I feel a hangover coming on just thinking about it.

Ariza's Better
04-02-2015, 09:01 PM
I've played drunk once. I remember playing better than usual honestly but my mates say I was shithouse. Wouldn't want to do it again though.

LongIslandIcedZ
04-02-2015, 09:05 PM
Played drunk.

Didn't move fast or junk high. I didn't move and I hit All my shots from the same spot. Think uncle jesse's hot spot

Tony_Starks
04-02-2015, 09:07 PM
Played tipsy and it sucks. Coordination all off, balance screwed up. I played lifted in college and it was actually cool. The ball felt lighter shooting it for some reason. I was wet!!! ( but completely getting lost on defense )

sep11ie
04-02-2015, 09:11 PM
I've hit many 400 foot homers while wasted, but also let some easy fly balls sail over my head or land at my feet.

Pacerlive
04-02-2015, 10:07 PM
Darts is the only game I play well with drinks in me. hardest hit was a 1985 dodge going 35 mph while I was crossing the street. Broke the grill and got up to find that I had pissed myself so I went for a swim at my pool. No hospital no parents just piss and chlorine. It's either that hit or 20 foot falls on my neck/shoulder. Both of those took the wind out of me for 60 seconds.

Tony_Starks
04-02-2015, 10:43 PM
One my friends who was in the loop back in the day told me that AI and C Webb used to get faded pre-game in Philly. Seems pretty believable now in retrospect.....

Chronz
04-02-2015, 11:39 PM
I found the secret, if you drink before a game you have to make sure to smoke beforehand, puts you back on the level. Obviously you cant play hammered drunk, but drunk enough to attract fruit flies to your mouth while you play. Tore it up tonight

ewing
04-03-2015, 12:21 AM
Or high..... but feel free to keep this on the "drink". Do you ever feel like you play better or is it always worse?

I hate to brag but Im becoming a pretty big deal at my midget park (still getting balled up by guys at the gym tho) and its the first time I tried playing while drinking a Heine on the side.

I felt like my effort was there but things were going too fast for me to really take advantage. I wound up taking a hit and landing straight on my back. My neck hasn't stopped hurting for 2 days and Im wondering if anyone has ever gone through an injury like that?

Whats the biggest injury/fall you've sustained and was it a result of the drink? HAHA

At this point i always feel like i should be at optimal level to play. However as a kid SMIW at times felt like being a little high could help me find that zone where i was going 100 mphs at not pushing for it. I've always felt this kind of thing killed overall wind and wasn't a benefit over the course the night. If my biggest injury lasted two days i'd be happy as **** LOL

ewing
04-03-2015, 12:24 AM
I found the secret, if you drink before a game you have to make sure to smoke beforehand, puts you back on the level. Obviously you cant play hammered drunk, but drunk enough to attract fruit flies to your mouth while you play. Tore it up tonight

very glad to hear you ball

Ezekial
04-03-2015, 12:30 AM
One my friends who was in the loop back in the day told me that AI and C Webb used to get faded pre-game in Philly. Seems pretty believable now in retrospect.....

I heard Ron Artest used to drink a pint at halftime his rookie year with the Bulls

Cracka2HI!
04-03-2015, 12:42 AM
I always play b-ball, hockey or flag a little buzzed. I need 3-4 beers to chase the hangover to be at my peak performance. Smoking has almost no positive or negative effect on me anymore. I don't get stoned or high, that's just how I always am. I'm very successful for a PSD poster too.

chi-townlove1
04-03-2015, 12:54 AM
Wtf conversation is this. Honestly. You all sound like a bunch of alcoholics and stoners.

Cracka2HI!
04-03-2015, 01:20 AM
^ did you read the thread title before posting?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
04-03-2015, 07:49 AM
Wtf conversation is this. Honestly. You all sound like a bunch of alcoholics and stoners. I use to be a alcoholic. Use to drink daily. Got a bit costly. I played basketball while drinking. Wasn't drunk though. Was sweated out before end of game. Was at night and mosquitos were getting bad.

PhillyFaninLA
04-03-2015, 08:01 AM
Chronz you might need to attend AA or get yourself into treatment.....I'm not even joking....I work in the industry (although I'm not in recovery myself)...to make this topic gets me to think you might have a problem

R. Johnson#3
04-03-2015, 08:05 AM
Never played drunk but was playing stoned on the regular for the past year or so. I find that I make passes I wouldn't even attempt to make sober but was absolutely horrible on the boards. I'm not even a good rebounder to begin with but I get even worse.

KnickNyKnick
04-03-2015, 09:38 AM
playing 3 point contest while stoned is fun as hell. you all get tired and start chucking air balls or way over the back board shots. takes good will to win. (plenty of gatorade)

worst hit, shortly after highschool pick up game in harlem,

got hacked on the way up, ended up on the floor.
my best friend at the time was on the opposing team and was try to defend from behind,
some how landed on me as i was trying to get up. knocked me back down and the back of my head thudded the
concrete along with the pressure of his weight.

I went blank for a few min, opened my eyes and everything was spinning with my friends circling me in shock.

for about 6 months after that point when ever i would stand up id get complete vertigo, just like the day of the incident. Never got medical attention, probably have a tumor ready to explode up there... i think i experienced a concussion?

valade16
04-03-2015, 09:48 AM
My friends and I play drunk basketball at night in the park all the time lol. I'm mainly a shooter so it really ****s up my aim but since most of my friends flat out suck I still win.

IKnowHoops
04-03-2015, 10:24 AM
Never played drunk, though I can see how a game could be fun if everyone playing was drunk. I like to think that I drive extremely well when drunk, but I don't see how I could possibly play basketball well while drunk.

Worst injury I've had from basketball was a sprained ankle, and nope I was completely sober. Went up for a rebound, bumped into a guy in mid-air, lost my balance, landed wrong, and was on the ground clutching my ankle a few seconds later.

Was walking again after about two and a half weeks, took about six weeks to fully recover.

That right there

Hawkeye15
04-03-2015, 10:52 AM
If I have a sip of alcohol, or a hit of ganga, I am not exercising, period.

YAALREADYKNO
04-03-2015, 10:59 AM
Played drunk and it feels like you can be Michael Jordan out there but you really end up looking like Kwame brown

Hawkeye15
04-03-2015, 11:29 AM
Played drunk and it feels like you can be Michael Jordan out there but you really end up looking like Kwame brown

bout right.

Gibby23
04-03-2015, 11:34 AM
I have once. It suck to sweat when you are drunk. I would rather get drunk and just hang out, taking a drunk shower sucks.

Chronz
04-03-2015, 11:34 AM
Chronz you might need to attend AA or get yourself into treatment.....I'm not even joking....I work in the industry (although I'm not in recovery myself)...to make this topic gets me to think you might have a problem

How do you know when you have a problem? This isn't a daily occurrence but it was a funny topic to me.

YAALREADYKNO
04-03-2015, 12:10 PM

I think you're taking his topic too seriously lmao

YAALREADYKNO
04-03-2015, 12:12 PM
Wtf conversation is this. Honestly. You all sound like a bunch of alcoholics and stoners.

Quit being a buzzkill

PhillyFaninLA
04-03-2015, 01:39 PM
How do you know when you have a problem? This isn't a daily occurrence but it was a funny topic to me.

The fact you thought of this topic does actually concern me a little....just expressing concern...I hear stories every day about this stuff, and things like this that seem minor are often not so minor.

I here dozens of new stories from different patients on a weekly basis.

edit:

How do you know when you have a problem is not a simple question to answer, especially not on a message board on a sports forum.

You have people that drink or do drugs and function perfectly and people don't always know they are addicted (they do it behind close doors so no one suspects it), and the truth is most people are committing crimes, but the stigma says otherwise. The best way I can explain it on prosporstdaily.com is when you have it or think about your mind and body start craving and needing it. Its not anything to be embarrassed or ashamed of, its just how some peoples bodies work. There are certain drugs (like strong pain killers or anti anxiety meds) that anyone can get addicted to, if they are not administered properly.

KnicksorBust
04-03-2015, 01:48 PM
If I have a sip of alcohol, or a hit of ganga, I am not exercising, period.

Yeah seriously. Poker and beer pongs are the only things I have played at my best while hammered.

slashsnake
04-04-2015, 01:16 AM
Yeah seriously. Poker and beer pongs are the only things I have played at my best while hammered.

I've got a nice balance in pool and bowling when drinking. Not very good at either, but I can't hit a straight shot in pool until I find a nice buzz. Same with bowling, no consistency where the ball goes until a few beers. Then if you keep me playing/drinking the buzz turns to a bit more and it all goes downhill quickly.