PDA

View Full Version : Overrated/Underrated

Deception
03-27-2015, 12:00 AM
Simply put, list who on your team is overrated by the media and fans and who is underrated in your opinion?

slaker619
03-27-2015, 12:28 AM
Overrated - Cavs
Underrated - Hawks

sixer04fan
03-27-2015, 12:29 AM
Trying to be fair about this, because these are guys I like. For me it often comes down to position depth or scarcity, which causes some guys to get more attention or others to be overlooked.

I feel like some of the SGs are overrated this year, like Eric Gordon, Brad Beal, Manu Ginobili. The position around the league is so shallow so I think they get more attention. In reality, they simply aren't producing very impressive numbers this season.

On the flip side, the PG position is so deep these days. There are 20 or so very good PGs right now, and those in the middle of the pack on down are overlooked and underrated. Like a Ty Lawson, or a Mike Conley, or a Tony Parker.

Same goes for center position believe it or not. There are a lot of good centers in the league now so a lot of players are overlooked. Guys like Dieng, Chandler, Gobert come to mind as underrated.

ewing
03-27-2015, 01:37 AM
Trying to be fair about this, because these are guys I like. For me it often comes down to position depth or scarcity, which causes some guys to get more attention or others to be overlooked.

I feel like some of the SGs are overrated this year, like Eric Gordon, Brad Beal, Manu Ginobili. The position around the league is so shallow so I think they get more attention. In reality, they simply aren't producing very impressive numbers this season.

On the flip side, the PG position is so deep these days. There are 20 or so very good PGs right now, and those in the middle of the pack on down are overlooked and underrated. Like a Ty Lawson, or a Mike Conley, or a Tony Parker.

Same goes for center position believe it or not. There are a lot of good centers in the league now so a lot of players are overlooked. Guys like Dieng, Chandler, Gobert come to mind as underrated.

I agree. 5s are getting better. People seem to think need for a true center went away. I think the people who matter thought that for a min and now want a spread offensive centered around a true big. there also just happens to some good young ones and a couple on the horizon

lol, please
03-27-2015, 01:52 AM
Simply put, list who on your team is overrated by the media and fans and who is underrated in your opinion?

overrated: Green, Speights.
Underrated: Klay, Lee, Kuzmic, Barbosa, Iggy.

Deception
03-27-2015, 01:58 AM

I hope Pistons fans see your post. They're drooling over Draymond. Also how is Klay underrated?

ewing
03-27-2015, 02:13 AM

i do think Iggy is underrated at this point. He will never be foundation piece but he is a hell of a guy to have on your team. having that guy come off your bench is a luxary

tredigs
03-27-2015, 02:16 AM
I hope Pistons fans see your post. They're drooling over Draymond. Also how is Klay underrated?

He's not, he gets a ton of respect (probably too much considering most think he's better than Butler), and Dray certainly isn't overrated. I think he fits on the Warriors to a T (large rim-protecting C, elite spacing afforded to him offensively by the ball movement and Splash Bro's), but he'd still find a way to crush in any system. Just too smart/hard-working/talented not to succeed. Being top 10 in the league in RPM/BPM/VORP/D-Win Shares, etc isn't a fluke. He's a monster on D and a very capable stretch 4 on O. The Warriors defense has actually been at their best statistically with him at C, which is crazy but true.

Overrated: Klay slightly, Speights
Underrated: Green, Iguodala and Curry + Bogut to an extent

PowerHouse
03-27-2015, 02:23 AM
Overrated: Nick Young

Underrated (but slowly gaining recognition): Jordan Clarkson

RaiderKid318
03-27-2015, 02:44 AM
Anthony Davis goes both ways depending on who you are talking about lol

FlashBolt
03-27-2015, 02:45 AM
Anthony Davis goes both ways depending on who you are talking about lol

He's overrated but this kid will be the real deal very soon.

Ariza's Better
03-27-2015, 02:45 AM
Overrated: Bevs. Has gone backwards and looked complacent at times.

Underrated: Dmo. Guy has been a rock and would have a strong case for MIP any other season.

Vinny642
03-27-2015, 02:46 AM
Over- Tyreke

Under- Gordahn believe it or not

sep11ie
03-27-2015, 03:32 AM
Overrated: Bevs. Has gone backwards and looked complacent at times.

Underrated: Dmo. Guy has been a rock and would have a strong case for MIP any other season.

I have to disagree about DMo. He is one of the worst rebounders in the NBA, his FT shooting is awful, can't play D and fouls way too often. His slick footwork around the basket, hooks(which he attempts a ton of) and wide open trey's is all he has.

sep11ie
03-27-2015, 03:40 AM
Underrated:
Brewer/Smith combo. They have provided some excellent pop off the bench. Offense, defense, chasing down balls, getting steals, blocks and poster dunks; they have done it all. They bring a spark that we haven't had off the bench in a long time.

Ariza. He never turns the ball over, never fouls, and still plays some great D. His shooting has been streaky, but he always seems to leave his mark on a game.

Overrated:
I would put Beverley here, but he is ranked as the 26th best starting PG in the NBA, and I haven't heard anybody ever rave about him. He's a good role player playing his role.

If anyone I'd say DMo is overrated for the reasons I said above.

ZedAQnnders
03-27-2015, 04:59 AM
Overrated - Cavs

It's the exact opposite. People still haven't understood how good the Cavs are.

The best 5 man lineup in the league this year is the cavs starting 5 at a ridiculous +22.2 per 48 minutes

http.//bkref.com/tiny/b9N0H

It's not just the best this year, it's the best in the NBA for the last 9 years.