PDA

View Full Version : Can the Cavs Get Past the Heat and Healthy Bulls Team ?

RocketLoc80
03-25-2015, 09:56 AM
Everybody thinks Lebron and the Cavs are overrated so does eveybody think either Heat or Bulls are gonna knock them off?

LongIslandIcedZ
03-25-2015, 10:19 AM
The Cavs can get by both teams fairly easily IMO.

effen5
03-25-2015, 10:23 AM
The Cavs can beat any team.

beasted86
03-25-2015, 10:43 AM
HEAT nor Bulls are fully healthy. I expect Cavs to win easy against both if they face those teams in the playoffs.

We haven't had a real chance to see either team fully healthy. The HEAT has had about 19 different starting lineups due to injury and the Bulls never had a healthy Butler, Noah, Rose, and Gibson all on the court for more than probably 5 games without looking. So there's no reason to think these teams that don't have healthy players and the chemistry of the Cavs could upset. Cavs were only missing Varejao and since then made trades to get a replacement so they are at full strength while the others are not.

Cavs might have still had the advantage with all teams healthy but we'll never know.

goingfor28
03-25-2015, 10:47 AM
Cavs will beat both pretty easy imo. But if Miami had a healthy Bosh that would be one hell of a series.

KnicksorBust
03-25-2015, 10:50 AM
If you posted this on January 13th when the Cavs were below .500 (19-20 on a 5 game losing streak) and the Bulls were 26-13 then everybody would agree with that. Now it's over...

This thread is like 2 months too late.

2-ONE-5
03-25-2015, 10:55 AM
Everybody thinks Lebron and the Cavs are overrated so does eveybody think either Heat or Bulls are gonna knock them off?

troll harder

prodigy
03-25-2015, 11:26 AM
no and no. even if healthy.

WaDe03
03-26-2015, 01:52 AM
Against a healthy Heat team no they can't. As for the current Heat team well probably see the first round if they can.

Bostonjorge
03-26-2015, 01:59 AM
The east is a joke

Sofnr
03-26-2015, 02:52 AM
We'll prolly get a chance to see just how "easily" the cavs can get past the Bulls. As things currently stand i'd pick the Cavs. I'm not sure we'll get a chance to see this Bulls team at full strength. If they do manage to get the whole team healthy and playing well i don't expect that series to be anything close to easy for the Cavs.

LA4life24/8
03-26-2015, 03:13 AM
A completely healthy bulls team... that'd be a hell of a series; a healthy heat team would probably still lose to the cavs imo

Iron24th
03-26-2015, 03:23 AM
I've seen better troll threads

MyDRoseLikeDeng
03-26-2015, 05:37 AM
Advantage Cavs no doubt but people sleeping on the bulls is quite hilarious. If healthy, deepest team in the east. But health is a big "if" with the Bulls.

sep11ie
03-26-2015, 06:18 AM
Can you stop capitilizing all the letters in the heat now that they suck again?

quade36
03-26-2015, 07:39 AM
Will Kevin Love and Lebron James hug things out?

PhillyFaninLA
03-26-2015, 07:46 AM

Look up the meaning of everybody....I think you confused the words everybody and I

omdigga
03-26-2015, 08:16 AM
Look up the meaning of everybody....I think you confused the words everybody and I

i was wondering the same thing.. who thinks they are overrated?

mightybosstone
03-26-2015, 08:31 AM
I hate it when posters create threads with the wrong word usage. If you asked any sane basketball fan if the Cavaliers "can" beat a health Heat or Bulls team in a 7-game series, 100 percent of them would say "yes" without thinking about it. "Can" or "could" implies that there's some minute possibility that something might happen. You're looking for "will" or "would."

I'll get off my grammatical soapbox now, but that bothers the **** out of me, and I see it all the freaking time.

theheatles
03-26-2015, 09:13 AM
A healthy Heat team would **** the Cavs up, but they won't be at full health again this year

Vee-Rex
03-26-2015, 09:31 AM
A healthy Heat team would **** the Cavs up, but they won't be at full health again this year

Heat will never be at 'full health', and if they were they'd still lose. Riley needs to rebuild.

Vee-Rex
03-26-2015, 09:36 AM
I hate it when posters create threads with the wrong word usage. If you asked any sane basketball fan if the Cavaliers "can" beat a health Heat or Bulls team in a 7-game series, 100 percent of them would say "yes" without thinking about it. "Can" or "could" implies that there's some minute possibility that something might happen. You're looking for "will" or "would."

I'll get off my grammatical soapbox now, but that bothers the **** out of me, and I see it all the freaking time.

Problem is PSD doesn't have that many sane posters.

I got into a stupid argument with a silly GS fan that claimed the Cavs can't beat the Hawks in a 7 game series, that they would get "torn apart" by them.

It wasn't a matter of, "Hey I think this team would win over that one". It was given as an impossibility, which is complete nonsense.

This thread isn't productive at all, but it does serve its purpose of exposure. If I make a thread titled, "Can the Spurs beat the Knicks in a 7 game series" and there's like two or three posters saying they can't, it exposes them for the trolling idiots that they are.

Slug3
03-26-2015, 09:39 AM

Even if we had everyone healthy it would still be a hard challenge to even beat the Cavs in 7, let alone destroy them.

WaDe03
03-26-2015, 11:06 AM
Heat will never be at 'full health', and if they were they'd still lose. Riley needs to rebuild.

We've pretty much already rebuilt. Well have Bosh and McRoberts back plus whoever we get with the MLE. We could definitely beat the Cavs with those 3 additions to go with Wade Dragic Deng and Whiteside. We will also make a move in the 2016 free agency to make us even better. I'd say were contending again by next year. Of course that's with no crazy blood clot injuries and torn meniscus.

Vee-Rex
03-26-2015, 11:13 AM
We've pretty much already rebuilt. Well have Bosh and McRoberts back plus whoever we get with the MLE. We could definitely beat the Cavs with those 3 additions to go with Wade Dragic Deng and Whiteside. We will also make a move in the 2016 free agency to make us even better. I'd say were contending again by next year. Of course that's with no crazy blood clot injuries and torn meniscus.

Believe what you want.

Either way, that Heat team fully healthy wouldn't **** up the Cavs. I understand you're excited and all at your team's potential but next year and right now are a long ways from now. Dragic will need to stay, Wade will need to be healthy, and who knows what kind of fallout may happen with Whiteside.

I'm in agreement that you guys can be dangerous IF fully healthy and gelling well but that's a pretty big if (see wut i did thar!!).

Edit: My bad, got you confused with the other homer heat fan. Hard to distinguish sometimes. My point stands, though.

jmartin80
03-26-2015, 11:23 AM
Who is saying the Cavs are overrated?

They have no excuse not to beat every team in the East fully healthy or not. They are hands down the favorites to win and have been since the last Draft Lottery and James jumping back for the easy path to the finals... again.

I do get a kick out of Cavs fans talking about teams needing to rebuild. Not all of us can be handed 3 first overall picks in 4 years to give us the talent and cap room to enable that kind of rebuild.

Htownballa1622
03-26-2015, 11:30 AM
I don't think the bulls or heat would beat cavs even if they were all healthy.

Could they beat cavs? Sure.
Do I think it would happen? No.

beasted86
03-26-2015, 12:25 PM
The fact is everyone only cares about what happened in the last 5 minutes, and the only people allowed to have optimism about what a team "could" do is fans of that same team.

If you asked this question in early January a bunch would have said the Bulls would mop the floor with the Cavs. You asked before the season started if the Hawks would win the East and you'd get troll-laughed off this forum.

Since nobody even knows what these teams look like when fully healthy (just as nobody knew what the Hawks looked like before getting Horford back) I don't expect anyone to give them respect on what the possibilities are of how good they might actually be.

Like Jay-Z said "even a garbage can gets a steak," so let Cleveland enjoy their cake while it lasts, they are the better team for now.

TheIlladelph16
03-26-2015, 12:29 PM
Who is saying the Cavs are overrated?

They have no excuse not to beat every team in the East fully healthy or not. They are hands down the favorites to win and have been since the last Draft Lottery and James jumping back for the easy path to the finals... again.

I do get a kick out of Cavs fans talking about teams needing to rebuild. Not all of us can be handed 3 first overall picks in 4 years to give us the talent and cap room to enable that kind of rebuild.

"Handed" oversimplifies it a bit no? Sure they got really, really lucky to get those picks, but its not like they didn't spend those years being generally terrible. They were rebuilding and it paid off.

Vee-Rex is right in my eyes. The Heat without Bosh are not a serious contender, nor a real threat in the playoffs. Even with Bosh next year, their team is full of guys who just can't stay healthy for a full season. That doesn't even factor in that Dragic may walk, Whiteside is a lunatic, and their stars are another year older. I would be looking to potentially rebuild soon (especially if Dragic walks) as I don't see that team as a real contender even with a healthy Bosh. I'd rather be the team that moved on from some of these guys a year early, rather than a year too late.

Stunner
03-26-2015, 12:29 PM
I still haven't seen the Cavs beat a fully healthy Bulls team yet ; once without Noah and one without Butler . The Bulls won one of the three meetings with butler and love missing the game on the 12th of Feb . I reserve judgement but It will be closer than the Miami series tho when Lebron was there .

The Cavs team defense still isn't championship material and if their bigs get into foul trouble it's pretty much over cuz Perkins will be in .

jmartin80
03-26-2015, 12:41 PM
"Handed" oversimplifies it a bit no? Sure they got really, really lucky to get those picks, but its not like they didn't spend those years being generally terrible. They were rebuilding and it paid off.

Vee-Rex is right in my eyes. The Heat without Bosh are not a serious contender, nor a real threat in the playoffs. Even with Bosh next year, their team is full of guys who just can't stay healthy for a full season. That doesn't even factor in that Dragic may walk, Whiteside is a lunatic, and their stars are another year older. I would be looking to potentially rebuild soon (especially if Dragic walks) as I don't see that team as a real contender even with a healthy Bosh. I'd rather be the team that moved on from some of these guys a year early, rather than a year too late.

I really don't think "handed" oversimplifies it at all. After Lebron left they were literally handed 3 top overall picks in 4 years (more then most franchises have received in decades). Rebuilding is one thing, but getting 3 out of 4 including the first overall pick the year Lebron becomes a free agent again is 100% having it handed to them. I honestly cannot see it any other way. Give those 3 picks to any one team would be handing them a rebuild. Not just the Cavs.

I really cannot see how anyone is "impressed" with this Cavs team. Of course they are going to be good.

vghxvgh
03-26-2015, 01:06 PM
Everybody thinks Lebron and the Cavs are overrated so does eveybody think either Heat or Bulls are gonna knock them off?http://ehealthwoman.com/apple/images/49.gif http://ehealthwoman.com/apple/images/112.gif

Vee-Rex
03-26-2015, 01:28 PM
I really don't think "handed" oversimplifies it at all. After Lebron left they were literally handed 3 top overall picks in 4 years (more then most franchises have received in decades). Rebuilding is one thing, but getting 3 out of 4 including the first overall pick the year Lebron becomes a free agent again is 100% having it handed to them. I honestly cannot see it any other way. Give those 3 picks to any one team would be handing them a rebuild. Not just the Cavs.

I really cannot see how anyone is "impressed" with this Cavs team. Of course they are going to be good.

Bitter conspiracy theories are so silly.

The burden of proof is on you with your wild theory of the Cavs being handed draft picks. Prove it.

The Cavs luck mattered only one time, and that's the 2014 draft with Wiggins. The 2013 Anthony Bennett pick didn't matter. The 2012 Dion Waiters pick didn't really produce much (and that was the 4th overall pick, not the first). Waiters isn't a good player.

The 2011 Kyrie Irving pick came from the Clippers. The Cavs front office made a trade and they were forced to take on Baron Davis and his nasty contract to acquire that pick.

The 2011 Tristan Thompson pick was our own pick, and that was the fourth overall pick.

So truthfully, the only pick that was pure luck and had grand results was for Wiggins, in which we traded to get Love. Everything else either didn't matter or was done by the front office.

So stop with this "gifted 3 picks in 4 years" nonsense that you habitually spew all over the place. It's pathetic and whiney. Prove it, burden of proof is on you.

jmartin80
03-26-2015, 01:54 PM
Bitter conspiracy theories are so silly.

The burden of proof is on you with your wild theory of the Cavs being handed draft picks. Prove it.

The Cavs luck mattered only one time, and that's the 2014 draft with Wiggins. The 2013 Anthony Bennett pick didn't matter. The 2012 Dion Waiters pick didn't really produce much (and that was the 4th overall pick, not the first). Waiters isn't a good player.

The 2011 Kyrie Irving pick came from the Clippers. The Cavs front office made a trade and they were forced to take on Baron Davis and his nasty contract to acquire that pick.

The 2011 Tristan Thompson pick was our own pick, and that was the fourth overall pick.

So truthfully, the only pick that was pure luck and had grand results was for Wiggins, in which we traded to get Love. Everything else either didn't matter or was done by the front office.

So stop with this "gifted 3 picks in 4 years" nonsense that you habitually spew all over the place. It's pathetic and whiney. Prove it, burden of proof is on you.

I can call names too.

Did you hate the Heat? If you did and now love the Cavs, then you are a hypocrite as the Cavs are similar to the team you hated (most Cavs fans did).

The burden of proof of being handed 3 overall picks? What proof are you talking about? During that span, they were handed the first overall pick in 3 years. There is no other proof needed. Look it up. 2011 (Irving), 2013 (Bennett), and 2014 (Wiggins). Just like the Bulls were handed the first overall pick to get Rose, they were handed those picks. Conspiracy theory or not, they were in fact handed those picks. I don't see how people deny that. heh. It isn't like they earned them.

WaDe03
03-26-2015, 02:07 PM
Believe what you want.

Either way, that Heat team fully healthy wouldn't **** up the Cavs. I understand you're excited and all at your team's potential but next year and right now are a long ways from now. Dragic will need to stay, Wade will need to be healthy, and who knows what kind of fallout may happen with Whiteside.

I'm in agreement that you guys can be dangerous IF fully healthy and gelling well but that's a pretty big if (see wut i did thar!!).

Edit: My bad, got you confused with the other homer heat fan. Hard to distinguish sometimes. My point stands, though.

You sound like a bit of a homer yourself.

Kyben36
03-26-2015, 02:24 PM
Can the cavs be beaten yes, will they, its hard to say honestly.

cmellofan15
03-26-2015, 02:37 PM
Cavs would crush a fully healthy heat team in the playoffs. the bulls on the other hand would be a great matchup.

Vendetta_
03-26-2015, 02:43 PM
Lol at Heat fans. No.

Wade will never be healthy again so the whole "if we were fully healthy" stuff is a red herring to begin with.

Vendetta_
03-26-2015, 02:45 PM
Also Bosh does not turn this team from under .500 to championship contender...He just doesn't.

WaDe03
03-26-2015, 03:01 PM
Also Bosh does not turn this team from under .500 to championship contender...He just doesn't.

It's not just Bosh we've missed a ton of games this year from little injuries to everyone that have screwed us plus we didn't have Dragic until the deadline. McRoberts has also been out and we didn't have Whiteside for a third of the season. We also have the MLE worth 5.3 million to use this offseason. When we have everyone to start the season out next year and aren't adding pieces here and there like this year were going to be very dangerous.

WaDe03
03-26-2015, 03:28 PM
Cavs would crush a fully healthy heat team in the playoffs. the bulls on the other hand would be a great matchup.

Why haven't they crushed a Heat team with Bosh and McRoberts this year.

WaDe03
03-26-2015, 03:29 PM
Lol at Heat fans. No.

Wade will never be healthy again so the whole "if we were fully healthy" stuff is a red herring to begin with.

Wade has been healthy lately for the most part and lighting it up.

WaDe03
03-26-2015, 03:35 PM
I'm confused why y'all think we won't be contending when we have everyone next year plus whoever we pick up with the MLE this summer. The only big pieces we lost were LeBron and a very old up and down Ray Allen.

We've gotten Dragic, Deng, Whiteside, and McRoberts plus the MLE. I think that more than makes up for it and we will be far better all around. Not to mention Wade and Bosh are even better now that they've stepped up in a higher role which also helps fill the gap.

Other than being a Cavs "fan" and hating the Heat someone tell me why that team won't be good enough to compete in the east when were in the run for the 6th seed even after how crazy this season has been with injuries and adding new pieces.

Vendetta_
03-26-2015, 03:36 PM
Wade has been healthy lately for the most part and lighting it up.

He's done good, but he's going to crap out later in the season/in the playoffs every year. Not his fault it's his grandpa knee's.

Everyone has injuries here and there, but I definitely think you're overrating where the Heat exactly are. Without Dragic, and with a healthy lineup they weren't nearly enough impressive to be talking contenders yet in my opinion.

WaDe03
03-26-2015, 04:00 PM
He's done good, but he's going to crap out later in the season/in the playoffs every year. Not his fault it's his grandpa knee's.

Everyone has injuries here and there, but I definitely think you're overrating where the Heat exactly are. Without Dragic, and with a healthy lineup they weren't nearly enough impressive to be talking contenders yet in my opinion.

Hell play good now that he's not in the back seat.

But now we have Dragic and will have McRoberts and Whiteside and the MLE. It'll be a fresh start next year with everyone back. The team we started the season with before Dragic and Whiteside were healthy for only 2 games and we were +32 or something like that. Well definitely have enough talent.

beasted86
03-26-2015, 04:24 PM

The Hawks went 38-44 last year and got Horford back (a 15pts/7reb player) and added Sefalosha (who has been injured for half the season) and are now on pace for 60 wins. They didn't add anyone else. They salary dumped Louis Williams, but that's about it.

We won't know what the HEAT are capable of until we actually see them on the floor, but it definitely looks like a solid team on paper. If they can add some more depth at the SG/SF/PF with the MLE and BAE and stay healthy like the Hawks and Cavs have watch out come next year May.

Vendetta_
03-26-2015, 04:50 PM
The Hawks went 38-44 last year and got Horford back (a 15pts/7reb player) and added Sefalosha (who has been injured for half the season) and are now on pace for 60 wins. They didn't add anyone else. They salary dumped Louis Williams, but that's about it.

We won't know what the HEAT are capable of until we actually see them on the floor, but it definitely looks like a solid team on paper. If they can add some more depth at the SG/SF/PF with the MLE and BAE and stay healthy like the Hawks and Cavs have watch out come next year May.

Yeah, but isn't that the point? To act like the Heat would be able to play with the best of the best right now is kind of going overboard in my opinion. Not saying they aren't capable down the road or anything, but I just don't see how they are even in the conversation yet healthy or not.

Ty Fast
03-26-2015, 04:53 PM
THe Cavs could win the title this year

Vee-Rex
03-26-2015, 05:14 PM
I can call names too.

Did you hate the Heat? If you did and now love the Cavs, then you are a hypocrite as the Cavs are similar to the team you hated (most Cavs fans did).

The burden of proof of being handed 3 overall picks? What proof are you talking about? During that span, they were handed the first overall pick in 3 years. There is no other proof needed. Look it up. 2011 (Irving), 2013 (Bennett), and 2014 (Wiggins). Just like the Bulls were handed the first overall pick to get Rose, they were handed those picks. Conspiracy theory or not, they were in fact handed those picks. I don't see how people deny that. heh. It isn't like they earned them.

I didn't hate the Heat, the Heat fans were often the annoying ones. I disliked the way the Heat celebrated and said they were gonna win 7+ titles, and generally expected the league to roll over for them. The Heat made enemies of themselves to everyone else.

I love the Cavs because they're my hometown team and the assembly of our big three wasn't as trashy and cosmetic as it was for the Heat.

Yes, the burden of proof is on you when you declare that the Cavs were handed 3 overall picks. Don't play word games with me. You are implying that the Cavs were given those picks as some kind of conspiracy so that they could become relevant in time for Lebron's return.

I'm sure I know 10x more than you about the Cavalier franchise so of course I know we had 3 overall number 1 picks in 4 years and neither was I denying it. I was denying that it was a pre-meditated plan to give it to us by the league. So yes, burden of proof is still on you.

Vee-Rex
03-26-2015, 05:17 PM

I agree the Heat looks like a formidable team on paper if healthy. If healthy and all else goes well.

Year in and year out we hear about how tough the Bulls would be if they were healthy and while I can sympathize (The Cleveland Browns have had so many freak injuries that derailed their seasons... trust me, I KNOW how it is), it's still getting annoying to have to hear it all the time.

beasted86
03-26-2015, 05:59 PM
I agree the Heat looks like a formidable team on paper if healthy. If healthy and all else goes well.

Year in and year out we hear about how tough the Bulls would be if they were healthy and while I can sympathize (The Cleveland Browns have had so many freak injuries that derailed their seasons... trust me, I KNOW how it is), it's still getting annoying to have to hear it all the time.

This is unusual for the HEAT. Wade playing around 60 regular season games, and all playoff games is the expected "healthy" and "usual" and he's done just fine with that.

It's the others that's been frustrating. Started the season with McRoberts and Andersen injured. McRoberts plays and handful before going out for the entire year. Bosh missed like 8 games even before the illness that sidelined him for half a year. Deng, Whiteside and even Dragic have missed games. I mean even right now who knows how many games Whiteside will be out after slicing his hand on the rim? Just bad luck.

These guys are all 30 or less except Wade and Andersen.

WaDe03
03-26-2015, 06:56 PM
I'm confused why y'all think we won't be contending when we have everyone next year plus whoever we pick up with the MLE this summer. The only big pieces we lost were LeBron and a very old up and down Ray Allen.

We've gotten Dragic, Deng, Whiteside, and McRoberts plus the MLE. I think that more than makes up for it and we will be far better all around. Not to mention Wade and Bosh are even better now that they've stepped up in a higher role which also helps fill the gap.

Other than being a Cavs "fan" and hating the Heat someone tell me why that team won't be good enough to compete in the east when were in the run for the 6th seed even after how crazy this season has been with injuries and adding new pieces.

So can nobody answer this? I'm just confused how someone could think otherwise.

Tony_Starks
03-26-2015, 06:59 PM
I didn't get the memo that the Cavs were overrated. Last I checked they had a few all stars, a very formidable supporting cast, and the "best player in the world" which should logically make them the favorite to win a championship?

Vee-Rex
03-26-2015, 07:09 PM
So can nobody answer this? I'm just confused how someone could think otherwise.

Hey, I'm with you man. I think the Heat can be some beasts and possibly contend for a champsionship. That can hinges entirely on whether they can be healthy, if Dragic stays (I don't see anything to suggest he would leave), and if Whiteside can mature enough to not cause any chemistry issues.

The playoffs are brutal though and it's just a matter of seeing if the Heat can hold it together.

Personally I would've went with rebuilding after Lebron left but I didn't expect them to swing Dragic and pull Whiteside out of a hat.

WaDe03
03-26-2015, 07:41 PM
Hey, I'm with you man. I think the Heat can be some beasts and possibly contend for a champsionship. That can hinges entirely on whether they can be healthy, if Dragic stays (I don't see anything to suggest he would leave), and if Whiteside can mature enough to not cause any chemistry issues.

The playoffs are brutal though and it's just a matter of seeing if the Heat can hold it together.

Personally I would've went with rebuilding after Lebron left but I didn't expect them to swing Dragic and pull Whiteside out of a hat.

We were definitely blessed to get Dragic and did Whiteside out of nowhere that's for sure. I didn't know what was going to happen when LeBron left I thought all 3 might leave, although Wade leaving is obviously unlikely.

FlashBolt
03-26-2015, 11:19 PM
You don't know what's going to happen with Miami... let's face it. We say every year that the EC will get better but it doesn't because of injuries and let's just say that West has better teams plain and simple. Next season, East will have injuries again. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it'll probably be Irving. He's up for an injury (he was rather injury prone early in his career).

Vee-Rex
03-26-2015, 11:57 PM
You don't know what's going to happen with Miami... let's face it. We say every year that the EC will get better but it doesn't because of injuries and let's just say that West has better teams plain and simple. Next season, East will have injuries again. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it'll probably be Irving. He's up for an injury (he was rather injury prone early in his career).

I disagree.

Irving has had his fair share of injuries but I think him being injury prone was a big misconception.

His rookie year he played 51 games but that was the NBA lockout year which was 66 games. Towards the end of the season the Cavs weren't in playoff contention so they pretty much just shut Irving down.

His second year he played 59 games out of 82. Pretty much the same thing here. He got nicks and bruises and instead of playing him through it, the team handled him with kiddy gloves and gave him extended games off. Lots of times he wouldn't play in a back to back or he'd get a bruised shoulder and miss way more time than normal.

During the 2012-2013 season, Byron Scott said Kyrie would hit the weights and build more muscle for endurance. He got fired in April, and that summer Kyrie did hit the weights and got stronger.

In the 2013-2014 season he played in 71 games out of 82. The difference was extremely noticable. As a rookie he had no muscle tone and was just a kid. Now he looks much more capable of taking contact when he drives inside.

This year he's on pace for 75+ games, and the ones he did miss were little nicks that could've been played through if the team didn't want to rest him up.

A lot of these younger guys get bruised up because they're basically still kids. I think Anthony Davis is gonna hit the weight room and after packing on a little muscle he'll toughen up a bit.

kobe4thewinbang
03-27-2015, 02:09 AM
Bulls without Rose = Easy win for Cavaliers, despite likely 'scrappy' effort by Bulls
Heat without Bosh = Easy win for Cavaliers

Does it suck? Yes...will it happen? I hope not. I think Bosh is out of commission, but hopefully Rose can play.

I hate the injury bug...

FlashBolt
03-27-2015, 02:31 AM
Rose is not going to do a damn thing. The reason Bulls can beat Cavs is because they are a great team with or without Rose. Having Rose doesn't mean much these days.

Stunner
03-27-2015, 03:08 AM
Rose is not going to do a damn thing. The reason Bulls can beat Cavs is because they are a great team with or without Rose. Having Rose doesn't mean much these days.

:/

kozelkid
03-27-2015, 06:29 AM

Complete utter BS. Even as much as you hate Rose, there's no denying how big of a difference he makes for the Bulls. Even if we label Rose as "average" (which would be silly), that's still better than what we currently have at the PG position. Brooks went from very good to one of the worst since the beginning of this calendar year. Kirk has been basically one of the worst players this whole season. Without Rose, we have EASILY the worst PG tandem in the association. Anyone who still believe that Rose doesn't make a difference (let alone HURTS the team) is a complete fool.

GoferKing_
03-27-2015, 10:18 AM
Man, this board is ridiculous... are you seriously asking IF Cavs can beat the Heat?? They will wreck them... as for Bulls, the question is if they can beat Cavs and stay healthy... Hawks are the top dog until proven otherwise.

GoferKing_
03-27-2015, 10:24 AM

GoferKing_
03-27-2015, 10:24 AM

Hawks have a good coach, Heat has Spolestra.

MonroeFAN
03-27-2015, 10:27 AM
Troll thread? Miami?

I second the comment asking about not capitalizing the team name anymore, since they aren't any good anymore.

RowBTrice
03-27-2015, 10:46 AM
The Heat?? Are they good?

cmellofan15
03-27-2015, 11:23 AM
Why haven't they crushed a Heat team with Bosh and McRoberts this year.

because I don't think they were too hell bent on winning a regular season game against a very sub par team like the heat. They've also lost twice to the bucks, should we be worried about that?

WaDe03
03-27-2015, 11:25 AM
Troll thread? Miami?

I second the comment asking about not capitalizing the team name anymore, since they aren't any good anymore.

If they stop now can they start capitalizing it again next year when we have the full team back since well be a top team?

WaDe03
03-27-2015, 11:29 AM
because I don't think they were too hell bent on winning a regular season game against a very sub par team like the heat. They've also lost twice to the bucks, should we be worried about that?

So you're telling me LeBron didn't want to win in Miami this year when they played lol? The Cavs haven't earned the right to not play hard in every regular season game and they look like they have a bunch of issues to solve with Love that could cause chemistry problems in the playoffs.

The Bucks were actually a pretty good up and coming team until they traded Knight and were a top 5 defensive team I'm pretty sure. I have no clue what they were thinking trading him.

cmellofan15
03-27-2015, 11:38 AM
So you're telling me LeBron didn't want to win in Miami this year when they played lol? The Cavs haven't earned the right to not play hard in every regular season game and they look like they have a bunch of issues to solve with Love that could cause chemistry problems in the playoffs.

idk what them pacing themselves has to do with "earning the right" but I think its pretty evident that cleveland is going to be fine and some of that can be attributed to their pacing this season. And have you seen them since lebron came back from his little break? You might've had a relevant argument a few months ago.

The Bucks were actually a pretty good up and coming team until they traded Knight and were a top 5 defensive team I'm pretty sure. I have no clue what they were thinking trading him.

Yeah they're about as threatening to the cavs as miami is..

Vee-Rex
03-27-2015, 11:48 AM

There's a lot of factors that went into play. The Heat beat us on Christmas day which was prior to the Mozgov era so I don't really count that. The 2nd time they beat us we were coming off a b2b with a win in Orlando and had played something like 12 away games in the previous 15 games. Whereas the Heat were coming off a 3 day rest. We ran out of gas pretty quickly and didn't put up much of a fight.

Both games the Heat won were in Miami. Miami will not have home court advantage against Cleveland in the playoffs.

Cleveland is undefeated at home since the Mozgov era began.

Cleveland will play Miami on Thursday night in Cleveland after we have a 3 day rest. If we're healthy for that game, I highly highly doubt Miami stands a chance.

Edit: Lebron definitely wanted to win those games in Miami for sure. Don't kid yourself though... the team is a lot better than the two showings they had in Miami.

Dade County
03-27-2015, 11:56 AM
lol posters... HEAT. Doesn't matter if they have a off season or not.

The Cav's can 4-0 the HEAT or the bulls. But that wouldn't be good for the nba as a whole, so I can see a series finishing with these out come.

Cav's vs HEAT: 4-1 (Cav's advancing)
Cav's vs bulls: 4-3 (Cav's advancing)

But if Lbj was told, go do whatever you want; he would sweep the entire eastern conference.

WaDe03
03-27-2015, 01:22 PM
idk what them pacing themselves has to do with "earning the right" but I think its pretty evident that cleveland is going to be fine and some of that can be attributed to their pacing this season. And have you seen them since lebron came back from his little break? You might've had a relevant argument a few months ago.

Yeah they're about as threatening to the cavs as miami is..

Yea I've seen them since he came back. We beat them after that if you don't remember. Congrats man unfortunate injuries to the Heat have kept them down this year which is very, very fortunate for you especially if we meet in the first round.

You Cavs fans are pretty cocky after coming out of your hole this summer. What have the Cavs done in their entire franchise history let alone recent history to make y'all so cocky?

Vee-Rex
03-27-2015, 01:27 PM
You Cavs fans are pretty cocky after coming out of your hole this summer. What have the Cavs done in their entire franchise history let alone recent history to make y'all so cocky?

That's a pretty butthurt statement if I ever heard one.

Cavs fans have been nowhere near as cocky as Heat fans were the summer of 2010. Chill out and look forward to next year, dude.

WaDe03
03-27-2015, 01:27 PM
There's a lot of factors that went into play. The Heat beat us on Christmas day which was prior to the Mozgov era so I don't really count that. The 2nd time they beat us we were coming off a b2b with a win in Orlando and had played something like 12 away games in the previous 15 games. Whereas the Heat were coming off a 3 day rest. We ran out of gas pretty quickly and didn't put up much of a fight.

Both games the Heat won were in Miami. Miami will not have home court advantage against Cleveland in the playoffs.

Cleveland is undefeated at home since the Mozgov era began.

Cleveland will play Miami on Thursday night in Cleveland after we have a 3 day rest. If we're healthy for that game, I highly highly doubt Miami stands a chance.

Edit: Lebron definitely wanted to win those games in Miami for sure. Don't kid yourself though... the team is a lot better than the two showings they had in Miami.

That's fine man I do the same with the loss in Cleveland, Wade didn't play so I don't count it. We may be without Whiteside for the next game since he sliced his hand open on the rim (another random, crazy injury to add to the list this year) so we will have absolutely 0 rim protection against y'all so unless Wade, Dragic, and Deng go off were proabably screwed. Yall will definitely have a huge advantage in the post and driving to the lane with him out.

WaDe03
03-27-2015, 01:31 PM

Cavs fans have been nowhere near as cocky as Heat fans were the summer of 2010. Chill out and look forward to next year, dude.

Not butthurt, y'all are having a good season. I'm just having a hard time understanding why some of you are so cocky when you have yet to win anything significant.

effen5
03-27-2015, 08:00 PM

So true :laugh: Cavs fans has been cool as **** to be honest this year...I can never stand Heat fans...

FlashBolt
03-28-2015, 02:44 AM
Not butthurt, y'all are having a good season. I'm just having a hard time understanding why some of you are so cocky when you have yet to win anything significant.

That's what Miami Heat fans were.. and I've seen many of them vanish into thin air.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-28-2015, 11:21 AM
Heat are pretty much done now with no Bosh.