PDA

View Full Version : Nash FINALLY retires!

bleedprple&gold
03-21-2015, 02:56 PM
After a 19-year NBA career in which he twice won MVP honors, tallied the third-most assists in league history and assured his place in the Hall of Fame as one of the greatest point guards ever to play the game, Steve Nash formally announced he is walking away from the game Saturday in a letter published on The Player's Tribune website. http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/12531012/steve-nash-los-angeles-lakers-announces-retirement

About time, but why wait until now when the season's almost over? Does this mean he's no longer affiliated with the team and can't mentor Clarkson anymore unless we bring him on as an assistant coach and pay him more money? Maybe he decided to retire now so he doesn't get anymore pressure to help the team.

still1ballin
03-21-2015, 03:20 PM
****ing thief! Stay away from the lakers

GREATNESS ONE
03-21-2015, 03:23 PM
^:laugh2:

Mr_Jones
03-21-2015, 04:31 PM
still my top 3 favorite player of all time.

Iron24th
03-21-2015, 06:28 PM
If only he can go back to the suns organization...

Laker Legend42
03-21-2015, 06:30 PM
About time, but why wait until now when the season's almost over? Does this mean he's no longer affiliated with the team and can't mentor Clarkson anymore unless we bring him on as an assistant coach and pay him more money? Maybe he decided to retire now so he doesn't get anymore pressure to help the team.
There was an article on bleacher report that said Steve Nash wanted to retire before the season started and the lakers asked him not to because they were gonna try and use his expiring contract in a trade. It's also the reason why he's been away from the team because he was he was basically retired.

LA_Raiders
03-21-2015, 08:16 PM
About time. 2 years in the making

Avenged
03-21-2015, 08:55 PM
Great day in Laker land.

New Power House
03-21-2015, 09:11 PM
If the Lakers loose to the Philly thiss Sunday,that is a great day in Lakers land. This guy really never existed in our team. It cosst us 27 million and several picks. He claims that he left money in order to bring fire to our team? What a douche and Jimbaco's brain!

McAllen Tx
03-21-2015, 11:17 PM
Why so much hate on Nash? Cause he got his $? Three years ago (out of respect) Phoenix allowed him to seek his own trade and his own stipulation was the 3rd year. Lakers bit the bullet and gave it to him. Starting line up of Nash, Bryant, Artest, Gasol & Howard - championship on paper. EVERYONE said itwas a good trade some more then others. Never heArd anyone say it was a bad trade. It didnt work out like we wanted it. So now its Nashs fault?

Much respect Nash, you were a great player my regrets you weren't a Laker sooner.

McAllen Tx
03-21-2015, 11:44 PM
In my honest opinion, i think Nash has been healthy to play. But for what? To make us a 22-25 win team. What good would have that been? We went to full tank mode once we didnt sign Anthony. How would having Nash playing helped that?

handle
03-22-2015, 08:50 AM
Now let's sit back and wait for Mitch's next huge mistake.

LakersIn5
03-22-2015, 01:10 PM
****ing nash haters

LakerShow
03-22-2015, 01:14 PM
Nash never earned his stripes with the lakers. Much time missed and money soaked up made a lot of fans mad. Hes a good guy, but glad he is gone.

Chavacano
03-22-2015, 05:33 PM
I dedicate this song to you, Stephen John...

[SPOILER TAG]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5XNWFw5HVw[/SPOILER TAG]

Raps18-19 Champ
03-22-2015, 05:51 PM
So he retires when he gets like 75% of his contract?

numba1CHANGsta
03-22-2015, 05:57 PM
Lol @ the Cavs saying they would have signed Nash if he was bought out, geez these guys want to sign everyone

New Power House
03-24-2015, 02:45 PM
They should get his coach instead. The guy thinks he was successful with his run and gun. No rings?

Q: Did you know all in that he would be all-in when it came to that approach? I can't imagine it was a tough sales job when you told Steve what you wanted to do. Mike D'Antoni: "Well you know I think we both kind of pushed the envelope a little bit. It was so new back then, and everybody was really against it. Other coaches around (were against it). We were kind of going against the wind and against the prevailing philosophies. So being a newer coach here, and having a team, thank God I had the backing of the Colangelos when we first started. And we just kind of pushed it together, in the sense of, 'Well maybe we can do that. Maybe yeah, let's go.' I kept gaining more confidence in him, and vice versa. And we were able to play off each other. "To be honest with you, we could have even pushed it further. I think that just being first in the water, we didn't go to the deep end real quick. It took a while to get to the deep end. But we could have been more, a little bit better approach at that if we had the analytic backing that they're showing you today. We could have been more creative. But being the first out, I'm proud of how it went." USA Today Sports
Rumors tagsSteve Nash, Coaching, Mike D'Antoni Share on FacebookShare on TwitterSubscribe to HoopsHype rumorsUSA TODAY Sports
Q: Who do you like watching, Mike? D'Antoni: "Golden State jumps out at me. You've got to like Oklahoma City. I mean Holy mackerel, watching Westbrook is like sitting on a roller coaster and going a thousand miles an hour. You've never seen anything like that. What he's doing?" Q: You know what's funny? Everybody always brings up Oscar Robertson as the triple-double king and that's true but we forget how fast they used to play. This OKC team is not playing at anywhere near the pace of those old Oscar teams, which absolutely makes your head spin. A: "No, it does. And if you watch old films, that ball is flying around and they're going. They're going. I think that if you put today's bodies (of) people and played the way they did, now you're talking. It's interesting. You know what's fun about basketball? It keeps evolving, and it keeps changing a little bit. And the older guys want to try to hold it back to how they grew up, and it's not the same. You've got to change with the times, and some of the guys you've got to drag across the finish line." USA Today Sports
Rumors tagsGolden State Warriors, Oklahoma City Thunder, Coaching, Mike D'Antoni, Oscar Robertson Share on FacebookShare on TwitterSubscribe to HoopsHype rumorsUSA TODAY Sports
- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.OhrCEK3v.dpuf