PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Durant out indefinitely

kdspurman
03-20-2015, 12:48 PM
Kevin Durant has been "removed from basketball activities," and could end up being shut down for the season, Oklahoma City Thunder general manager Sam Presti announced Friday.

"He's not making the progress we'd hoped or expected," Presti said.

Kevin Durant's return this season is in doubt due to lingering issues from a Jones fracture.
When asked if Durant was being shut down for the season Presti said, "Essentially, that's the direction we're headed right now."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12521706/kevin-durant-oklahoma-city-thunder-removed-basketball-activities

Vee-Rex
03-20-2015, 12:51 PM
Crushing.

Dubs the luckiest team in the league from that news.

BKdoubleStacker
03-20-2015, 01:01 PM
Even if he comes back I don't think they can win. Rest up and get ready for next season

dhopisthename
03-20-2015, 01:03 PM
man what a bummer. I hope that the pelicans make the playoffs now just to give anthony davis some experience in the playoffs.

Chronz
03-20-2015, 01:08 PM
Was really looking forward to seeing that first round matchup.

Verbal Christ
03-20-2015, 01:10 PM
Too bad, would have been an epic 1st round upset.

Htownballa1622
03-20-2015, 01:20 PM
I hate injuries.

Rox fans know first hand after dealing with Yao and Tmac.

mRc08
03-20-2015, 01:30 PM
Hopefully this foot injury doesn't become a reoccuring injury for him like Yao.

nycericanguy
03-20-2015, 01:30 PM
I hope he's not one of those guys that declines early with injuries... truly a special talent... but man he has a TON of games and minutes under his belt for someone that is only 26.

Outside of being a dick to that reporter he's also been a likeable guy.

LakersIn5
03-20-2015, 01:37 PM
Wow. The basketball gods have really ****ed up my two favorite teams. Lakers the last 3 years and now okc which was in prime position for a championship run. Wow. Now westbrook has to do it by himself without an allstar teamate and with kanter as his best teamate. Wow. Sucks horse pwet. **** THIS ****

FraziersKnicks
03-20-2015, 01:44 PM
I remember when the news of his Jones fracture first came out there were a lot of reports about the severity and re occurring problems it can cause. Seems like it's a much more serious problem than many initially thought. Is KD gonna be another one of those All-Time talents snatched by injury (Rose, Hill, Penny, McGrady, Walton, Yao etc.)

sep11ie
03-20-2015, 01:47 PM

Well, Yao's feet couldn't support his weight while making basketball moves, I don't think Durant had that issue...

mRc08
03-20-2015, 01:52 PM
Well, Yao's feet couldn't support his weight while making basketball moves, I don't think Durant had that issue...

True, but I'm sure his style of play combined with his 6-10ish/6-11 frame is pretty strenuous on his feet.

Stunner
03-20-2015, 02:36 PM
Blame BasedGod

FraziersKnicks
03-20-2015, 02:41 PM
Blame BasedGod

Check the sig :laugh2:

Verbal Christ
03-20-2015, 02:53 PM

Dr on ESPN said that Yao's problems were bones that would keep breaking Vs Kd's problem which is related to the screw in his foot not getting the time it needs to heal properly, was confident KD would be back 100% with proper rest. Yao had a 50/50 procedure that didnt go his way.

PurpleLynch
03-20-2015, 03:23 PM
Sucks for Okc. GS is very lucky,good for them,they will need it like any team in the PO.

lakerfan85
03-20-2015, 03:27 PM
Too bad, would have been an epic 1st round upset.

Yeah.. Durant coming back not 100% and no Ibaka would've been one hell of an upset..

HeatFan
03-20-2015, 04:52 PM
Damn, my fantasy team just took a blow!! I was counting on him for the Finals.

likemystylez
03-20-2015, 05:56 PM
So Im kind of cunfused? Is this new information? Durant was already "shut down" before this news. Did something get worse? Since he was already shut down- LOL, I sort of was already waiting until further notice.

Its odd though- durant left team USa last year to avoid injuries... and hes the only one sitting out most of the year (except paul george- who actually got injured)

kdspurman
03-20-2015, 06:11 PM
So Im kind of cunfused? Is this new information? Durant was already "shut down" before this news. Did something get worse? Since he was already shut down- LOL, I sort of was already waiting until further notice.

Its odd though- durant left team USa last year to avoid injuries... and hes the only one sitting out most of the year (except paul george- who actually got injured)

he was supposed to come back i think within the next few games, but suffered a set back

JV35
03-20-2015, 06:25 PM
So N.O. is going to get the 8-spot. OKC has to be one of the most over-rated teams in NBA history.

Coming into the season, some people had them as Championship contenders. Lol.

likemystylez
03-20-2015, 06:25 PM
see I dont understand how he was close to coming back- and then now they dont know. Did he tweak it in practice or something? Or was it always really questionable and the thunder are just coming out about it now?

xnick5757
03-20-2015, 06:52 PM
So Durant will be an expiring contract next year and never have won a championship in OKC.

The media is going to go crazy with the whole hometown Washington connection

kdspurman
03-20-2015, 07:53 PM
see I dont understand how he was close to coming back- and then now they dont know. Did he tweak it in practice or something? Or was it always really questionable and the thunder are just coming out about it now?

i think he had practiced and did some basketball stuff and it looked like he could come back, i think there was a 1-2week timetable.

heres a link with a little more info

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/19/kevin-durant-held-out-of-practice-timetable-for-return-to-thunder-lineup-in-question/

Saddletramp
03-20-2015, 09:04 PM
So N.O. is going to get the 8-spot. OKC has to be one of the most over-rated teams in NBA history.

One of the dumbest comments I've seen in awhile. Wowsers.

IversonIsKrazy
03-20-2015, 09:30 PM
Was really looking forward to a healthy GSW-OKC matchup. Damn, this blows.

Confusious
03-20-2015, 10:32 PM

And despite all the injury bugs they've faced this entire year, they're still on the bubble of the tight Western Conference. Yeah, they're so overrated...

ROY 2 MVP Braun
03-20-2015, 10:48 PM

New Orleans isn't a lock to make it now that Durant may be out the rest of the year. They are still dangerous with Westbrook and IMO a much improved team since the all star break (minus the whole Durant situation)

As far as your 2nd comment they have had a ton of injuries and have missed the MVP for a lot of the season. If they were healthy this whole season they would be a top 3 maybe top 4 team in the west when the playoffs start. With how good the West is as a whole there are probably 4 to 5 teams that could make the finals. If they were healthy they'd probably be favorites to come out of the west along with GSW.

ChI_ShIzzLe
03-20-2015, 11:10 PM
It's like him and Rose have the same demon inside of them. Both followed up MVP seasons with a disappointing injury plagued season. Only difference is Rose came back for the playoffs but suffered the death blow with the ACL tear in Game 1.

FlashBolt
03-21-2015, 12:33 AM
It's like him and Rose have the same demon inside of them. Both followed up MVP seasons with a disappointing injury plagued season. Only difference is Rose came back for the playoffs but suffered the death blow with the ACL tear in Game 1.

Don't compare Rose with KD... Please.

Verbal Christ
03-21-2015, 12:50 AM
OKC could still get the 8 spot and Westbrook v Curry could still provide for alot of entertainment

ROY 2 MVP Braun
03-21-2015, 01:34 AM
OKC could still get the 8 spot and Westbrook v Curry could still provide for alot of entertainment

As much as I want N.O to make the playoffs I want OKC to make it even that much more just to be able to see this match up for at the very least 4 games and up to 7 games!

tredigs
03-21-2015, 02:15 AM
Warriors were poised to attempt the greatest Finals run in NBA history and I thought they were going to pull it off. **** this ****

Iron24th
03-21-2015, 04:56 AM
Was really looking forward to seeing that first round matchup.

This.

GS is very lucky, cause OKC at full strenght could have given them some scare.

jimm120
03-21-2015, 08:06 AM
He is out indefinitely, not the season.

I suspect that he comes back in the final week if okc is struggling (1 game back) to make the playoffs.

Or he comes back for the playoffs.

Goose17
03-21-2015, 10:07 AM
The only person happy about this is Westbrook.

Verbal Christ
03-21-2015, 05:01 PM
As much as I want N.O to make the playoffs I want OKC to make it even that much more just to be able to see this match up for at the very least 4 games and up to 7 games!

If it happens it will be must see TV to watch Westy straight body the NBAs peach fuzz darling.

Htownballa1622
03-21-2015, 06:00 PM
Warriors were poised to attempt the greatest Finals run in NBA history and I thought they were going to pull it off. **** this ****

You mean like beating a 3 seed, a 2 seed, and multiple 1 seeds while never having HCA?

Goose17
03-21-2015, 06:59 PM
If it happens it will be must see TV to watch Westy straight body the NBAs peach fuzz darling.

In England they have a word for this, they use it when a beer is strongly flavoured with hops.

[SPOILER TAG]http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/ad1/c2a/e57/resized/jesus-says-meme-generator-good-try-troll-come-again-soon-a1fbd0.jpg[/SPOILER TAG]

NYSpirit1
03-22-2015, 02:01 AM
OKC has been such a massive failure, it's Durant's 8th year. 7th with Westbrook. They've done absolutely nothing together with all that talent.

Don't dismiss the notion Durant might've played his last game ever with the Thunder already.

slashsnake
03-22-2015, 05:54 AM
Don't dismiss the notion Durant might've played his last game ever with the Thunder already.

Hmmm, seems like so far away, but you are right that could have a lot of truth to it. I personally think they would hold out and keep him at least to start next season (help season ticket sales having him there till the start), then move him once they realize he surely won't be staying but that could be true.

JV35
04-16-2015, 06:58 PM

One of the dumbest comments I've seen in awhile. Wowsers.

"Dumbest comments you've seen in awhile"? Really? How long have you been at PSD?

What is so "dumb" about my comment?

I CALLED N.O. making the playoffs almost a month ago.

And OKC is over-rated. They'll never win a title, and Westbrook and KD will be gone as soon as they hit free agency.

Think before you post, next time.

Saddletramp
04-16-2015, 07:04 PM
The quote of

is one of the dumbest comments I've ever seen in relation to basketball or any sport.

Think before you post, pal.

And most overrated teams in NBA history? If they didn't have massive injuries all season, they might have rivaled GS (might). Especially if they still got Singler and Kanter. To say they were overrated or not contenders is pretty absurd. Actually, really absurd.

EDIT:
I like how you bolded the NO part now, too. When they were about neck and neck it was easy to pick one or the other; the problem was your OKC bashing. If those guys were healthy (If Ibaka and Westbrook didn't miss chunks of the season and if KD woulda only missed that first month and change) then they were absolutely going to be a contender.

And thanks for waiting until the season is over and the Pels sqeaked in to respond. Manly.