PDA

View Full Version : Is Kevin Love as good as gone?

kobe4thewinbang
03-20-2015, 11:25 AM
Or can Cleveland *maybe* win the championship and convince him to stay? Could Blatt be the problem? Obviously, Kevin Love is not a 'stretch four.' Is he meant to go elsewhere next season?

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/nightmare-scenario-cleveland-cavaliers-getting-163538152.html

Where do you see him going, if not to stay in Cleveland?

LakersIn5
03-20-2015, 12:33 PM
Return to the wolves

Pek
Love
Wiggins
Lavine
Rubio

Plus their pick would be battling for the 8th spot. They were at the 9 to 10th seed range when love was there before now with wiggins along they can challenge for a playoff seed. Lol kidding. He goes to lakers after the lakers win the lottery and draft okafor then trade randle,clarkson,young,hill for westbrook then **** everybody. Okafor,love,kobe,westbrook

Ty Fast
03-20-2015, 01:03 PM
If the cavs will give him the max he will stay. If not i say new york.

Vee-Rex
03-20-2015, 01:24 PM
I hope not.

He's struggled a lot this year adjusting to the team and even though some of what was said in that article is old news, it makes you wonder just how ****ed up things really are behind the curtains.

He's averaging a rugged 17 and 10, but the numbers don't tell how important he actually is to the team. The playing styles of Bron and Irving require a stretch 4 very badly to be effective. His ability to rebound and pass are essential and when he's not playing you can tell the difference.

But with everything that has happened I can definitely say it's a good chance he leaves, especially if the Cavs don't make it to the finals.

IKnowHoops
03-20-2015, 01:26 PM
If he's not back I think its because the Cavs don't want him back. (At the price he'll want) The Cavs may look elsewhere for talent rather than bringing him back on max money. I think if Bron and the Cavs organization show love they want him back, he'll be back.

cmellofan15
03-20-2015, 01:27 PM
if he went back to the wolves that would be hilarious. but I'm not really sure about love staying at this point..he hasn't spoken about it much and the things he has said haven't confirmed him staying or leaving (which is usually a sign that he could leave). Cleveland is probably his best option though, especially if he wants to contend.

nycericanguy
03-20-2015, 01:29 PM
CLE would have been better off keeping Wiggins and getting a cheap stretch 4 like McRoberts.

Wiggins is going to be a stud for the next 10-15 years.

JasonJohnHorn
03-20-2015, 01:52 PM
He is totally a stretch four... he just needs more time with the ball.

A championship ring would be convincing reason to stay. Blatt is part of the problem, but I feel like LBJ is to. LBJ would rather run the court with Irving the way he did with Wade, meaning Love becomes like Bosh on offense.

If they win it all I think he stays, but very few players will sign for more than one season this year, because they will all want the bigger pay-day next season, so I see him inking a one-year deal with the Cavs.

But... yeah... Blatt... I don't think this team is winning as many games as they should and by as wide a margin as they should. They've been playing better since the new year, but Love should be more involved.

RLundi
03-20-2015, 02:12 PM
Only way he stays is if he makes it to the Finals, win or lose.

RLundi
03-20-2015, 02:18 PM
CLE would have been better off keeping Wiggins and getting a cheap stretch 4 like McRoberts.

Could not agree more.

I was saying this at the beginning of the year once Bosh described playing with LeBron and having to change playing styles by taking a backseat. I knew Love would be unhappy. I said the Cavs would literally be set for the next 15 years if they kept Wiggins. They really didn't need him but they wanted to recreate a big 3, as if that's the only recipe for success.
But yeah, McBob is a great suggestion. I think he fits pretty close to what they'd need out of the 4 position.

Goose17
03-20-2015, 02:19 PM
He Opts in and gets the big salary next again season.

beasted86
03-20-2015, 02:22 PM
Between LeBron, Irving and Smith looking to score/attack, it turns Love into a jump shooter on most possessions or crashing the boards.

If he gets his full max offer, I have no reason to think he will leave. But there is the off chance Cavs try and low ball him off of the full value to try and retain Thompson, Mozgov and Shumpert and he instead goes to NY or LA which have markets that will give him way more than he could have made in Cleveland.

Although the cap is rising, I don't think Gilbert can afford 3 max contracts, along with Varejao and Thompson both making double digits, and then still re-up the secondary role players like Mozgov, Shumpert, etc who will warrant MLE or more caliber money. And they still don't have a legit backup PG.

bucketss
03-20-2015, 02:27 PM
Return to the wolves

Pek
Love
Wiggins
Lavine
Rubio

Plus their pick would be battling for the 8th spot. They were at the 9 to 10th seed range when love was there before now with wiggins along they can challenge for a playoff seed. Lol kidding. He goes to lakers after the lakers win the lottery and draft okafor then trade randle,clarkson,young,hill for westbrook then **** everybody. Okafor,love,kobe,westbrook

why would okc do that trade, and why would love go to L.A and decrease his chances of winning lolz.

futureman
03-20-2015, 02:29 PM
If he can't hack it with a contender, he is overrated and does not deserve to be a superstar.

bucketss
03-20-2015, 02:30 PM
Between LeBron, Irving and Smith looking to score/attack, it turns Love into a jump shooter on most possessions or crashing the boards.

If he gets his full max offer, I have no reason to think he will leave. But there is the off chance Cavs try and low ball him off of the full value to try and retain Thompson, Mozgov and Shumpert and he instead goes to NY or LA which have markets that will give him way more than he could have made in Cleveland.

Although the cap is rising, I don't think Gilbert can afford 3 max contracts, along with Varejao and Thompson both making double digits, and then still re-up the secondary role players like Mozgov, Shumpert, etc who will warrant MLE or more caliber money. And they still don't have a legit backup PG.

i have a feeling tristan will not be retained. he just turned down a pretty big offer, 4 years 52 million, seems like he overvalues himself.

jerellh528
03-20-2015, 02:34 PM
I doubt he stays if they go to the finals or not. It's hard for a guy like love being on the same team with two of the most ball dominant players in the league. His talents will be better utilized elsewhere, and he does have the talent.

beasted86
03-20-2015, 03:07 PM
i have a feeling tristan will not be retained. he just turned down a pretty big offer, 4 years 52 million, seems like he overvalues himself.
Isn't he part of the same agency as LeBron? It might play a factor

HeatFan
03-20-2015, 04:48 PM
Return to the wolves

Pek
Love
Wiggins
Lavine
Rubio

That would be a kick to the mid-section. But, I like it.

HeatFan
03-20-2015, 04:51 PM
Return to the wolves

Pek
Love
Wiggins
Lavine
Rubio

If Love does this and says the "right things" like, this is my home, I realized I never wanted to leave, bla bla bla, then Lebron should be the first to come out and support (even if he wants to beat the **** out of him). If he doesn't, it would be the ultimate hypocritical thing.

Silent
03-20-2015, 05:10 PM
twolves make the most sense

Vee-Rex
03-20-2015, 05:14 PM
If Love does this and says the "right things" like, this is my home, I realized I never wanted to leave, bla bla bla, then Lebron should be the first to come out and support (even if he wants to beat the **** out of him). If he doesn't, it would be the ultimate hypocritical thing.

Difference is, Akron is Lebron's hometown. 99.9999% of Akron residents are fans of Cleveland sports teams, because it's only like 40 minutes away.

Love was born in California.

HeatFan
03-20-2015, 05:18 PM
Difference is, Akron is Lebron's hometown. 99.9999% of Akron residents are fans of Cleveland sports teams, because it's only like 40 minutes away.

You can be sentimental and really want to give back to a community where you have lived in for a few years and justify it that way. So you wouldn't find it hypocritical if Lebron got upset and defended it with that argument you stated?

Blitzace137
03-20-2015, 05:18 PM
If he leaves I think LA will be his first choice since he played college ball there and from there. New York will be his second choice since it's a big market and he would be the second guy or the 1A to Melo. T-Wolves I don't see him going back too, I think he want's to go to a big market or stay in Cleveland to contend.

HeatFan
03-20-2015, 05:21 PM

Lebron's move to CLE was just as much trying to salvage his rep and make money than it was loyalty. You can quote me on that. Its cool, just don't make it out to be a 100% heroic thing.

Confusious
03-20-2015, 07:37 PM
Lebron's move to CLE was just as much trying to salvage his rep and make money than it was loyalty. You can quote me on that. Its cool, just don't make it out to be a 100% heroic thing.
Salvage his rep? Right. Because everybody still blamed him for 2010, right? When he brought Miami multiple championships. No. It was a business choice that he decided to make. Whether it was the right one or not still remains to be seen. But considering how his old/new team is second in the East, and the team he just left is a late playoff seed, I'd say you miss him.

As far as the conversation of Love is concerned, it's very heavily dependent on money, whether LeBron is returning (he is), and how far the Cavs make in the playoffs.

In short, you can make all the assumptions you want right now, but March is not July. So, get your dicks back inside your pants and stop being premature.

KnicksorBust
03-20-2015, 07:37 PM
No. Next thread.

joshhorvath
03-20-2015, 08:26 PM
KG wasnt born in minny, but he still said he decided to 'go home'.

but i thought Love actually did like minny, just not the part were the wolves wouldnt build a suitable team around him. high draft pick this year, along with wiggins and lavine.. could show Love he's missing something. It would be hilarious though to see Love return to Minny

TDE
03-20-2015, 10:14 PM
It would be poetic justice. Gilbert, the owner who vetoed the Chris Paul trade because he did not want any "Big 3" in the league. And Lebron for bailing on 2 contenders.

TDE
03-20-2015, 10:54 PM
I think if he does leave the Cavs it will be to the Lakers an here's why:

Lakers beat writer for the L.A. Times, Mike Bresnahan joined Fred Roggin on Friday afternoon to talk about the long season ahead for the team and their chances of landing Cleveland Cavaliers PF Kevin Love in the upcoming offseason.

I could see Kevin Love playing for the Lakers in a year, but it depends on what happens with Cleveland. Had Miami won the championship a year ago, LeBron might have stayed in Miami. If Cleveland wins the championship, itís going to be pretty hard for Kevin Love to walk away from that.

According to CBS Sports' Ken Berger.

The executive, who works for an Eastern Conference team, went a step further, saying it's a well-known fact Love wants to play for the Los Angeles Lakers:

"They should trade him," one Eastern Conference executive said. "No one thinks he's staying. Everyone knows he wants to go to the Lakers."

An unnamed NBA general manager reportedly told ESPNís Chris Broussard that he believes, with 100 percent certainty, that Love will be wearing purple and gold in the summer of 2015.

Sam Smith of Bulls.com tells us that Love is considering the opt-out in his contract that would make him an unrestricted free agent this summer and could be looking to signing with the Lakers to return to Los Angeles, where he went to college.

Steve Kyler of Basketball Insiders noted, ďSo real money, letís peg the Lakers at $22.1 million to play with, thatís enough for one serious max contract to an established veteran like [Greg] Monroe, Rondo or Love Ė and all three are said to be willing to meet with Lakers.

ALonzo Mourning: Then youíve got Kevin Love, whoís not happy at all. Heís outta there.

Where do you think Kevin Love is going to go? LA?

AM: I think heís probably going to go to LA. I could see that.

More-Than-Most
03-20-2015, 11:49 PM
I am starting to agree with most people that he is a product of a crap team because he has not been great at all for the cavs.... Its basically James as usual doing everything... I think they should let him go and go after someone else in free agency.

LakerShow
03-21-2015, 12:53 AM
Well see what happens. I used to be high on him. But then again his role had changed with the Cavs. I would be happy if he came la.

Tony_Starks
03-21-2015, 02:13 AM
He's out. With all that money that's about to be out there he'd be a fool to let Lebron Chris Bosh him with no rings to show for it....

Tony_Starks
03-21-2015, 02:17 AM
Well see what happens. I used to be high on him. But then again his role had changed with the Cavs. I would be happy if he came la.

I wouldn't. I hope against hope Cleveland Max's him out...

MTar786
03-21-2015, 04:13 AM
i hope the lakers dont offer him a max contract.

Blitzace137
03-21-2015, 04:22 AM
i hope the lakers dont offer him a max contract.

Well that's the only way they can get him. I think fans are starting to underrate Love now. I would take him on the Knicks for the max.

Iron24th
03-21-2015, 04:53 AM
I don't see him leaving the cavs whatever happens, and no I don't want him in a Lakers uni, he's overrated and definitely not a max guy imo, even if I know teams will max him out.

TylerSL
03-21-2015, 06:03 AM
If the Cleveland Cavaliers win the championship this year Kevin Love may opt in next year, but only if they win the championship otherwise, I believe he will opt to become a free agent. Once he becomes a Free Agent, I seriously doubt Cleveland will want to give him max dollars because Love has basically become an inefficient jump shooter who can rebound. He's averaging roughly 16.5 pts/10 rbs with a shooting line of 43/36/80 while chucking 5 3's a game. That's not max worthy and while he can become more efficient with time in Cleveland, I can't say I see his scoring improving. Based on these facts I see Cleveland unwilling to go to a max contract.

However when he becomes an unrestricted free agent somebody will offer him a max contract, whether that be the Lakers, Knicks, or another team. If Cleveland is unwilling to offer a max in return he will definitely leave. If the Cavaliers decide to offer a max he may stay, I think it would depend which teams and which cities offered him a max at that point. I mean Cleveland does have Lebron, but he has played with Lebron this season and things haven't worked out the way he thought they would have, at least not yet. So unless they win the championship, I don't see the fact that Cleveland having Lebron would give them an advantage in his decision. The sacrifices Love has made on the court and potentially the sacrifices he makes to his salary has and will be a lot to ask for, especially if you don't win championships.

To this point, Cleveland has not properly used Love in their offense. He is obviously not comfortable in certain areas still. Comparatively, Chris Bosh was MUCH more efficient in his first year with Lebron/Wade as opposed to Love is with Lebron/Kyrie. Bosh basically averaged 19/8 with a shooting line of 50/24/82, but Bosh only took 25 3's that entire season. Spoelstra did a MUCH better job at making Bosh comfortable and getting him to buy into a culture of basketball that was foreign to him than Blatt has done for Love. And that may play a factor in his decision, especially if they don't win this year.

Again, a lot of it comes down to if they win the championship. It's WAY to early to say he is gone, but it's also WAY to early to say he is definitely staying also. The factors are if they win the championship, if Cleveland is willing to offer a max, who else offers a max, and will he be utilized better. There are just far too many variables to make a prediction at this time. Right now, I'd say its 50/50 and many things have to fall in place either way before an accurate prediction can be made. 50/50 chance.

MTar786
03-21-2015, 06:27 AM
Well that's the only way they can get him. I think fans are starting to underrate Love now. I would take him on the Knicks for the max.

lol ya thats why i hope we dont offer him the max. because i dont want him. i dont feel he is a max player. and ive felt that way even before this season. kevin love is an all star caliber player.. not a super star.. imo

MTar786
03-21-2015, 06:32 AM
the only time you offer max contract and should consider yourself a winner is if its a guy like durant, westbrook, lebron, curry, seems like harden too now. the problem with the league now is that it seems like max contarcts are given to a dime in a dozen these days

KnicksorBust
03-21-2015, 08:38 AM
Return to the wolves

Pek
Love
Wiggins
Lavine
Rubio

Lmao. Can you even imagine if they got DeAngelo Russell in the draft and then Love came back and formed a big 3 of Russell, Wiggins, Love. That would be hilarious.

KnicksorBust
03-21-2015, 08:40 AM

Could not agree more.

I was saying this at the beginning of the year once Bosh described playing with LeBron and having to change playing styles by taking a backseat. I knew Love would be unhappy. I said the Cavs would literally be set for the next 15 years if they kept Wiggins. They really didn't need him but they wanted to recreate a big 3, as if that's the only recipe for success.
But yeah, McBob is a great suggestion. I think he fits pretty close to what they'd need out of the 4 position.

Could not disagree more. Wiggins wouldnt be showing nearly the same potential struggling to get touches behind Bron and Kyrie. He would be stuck spotting up in the corner. Going to Minny is the reason why we got to see his true potential so soon.

CKinKC
03-21-2015, 09:14 AM
3 Factors

1. Where u live (Cleveland isnt high on anyones list)
2. Your role & individual stats and contribution (He definintely can get more and better elsewhere)
3. Marketing and $$$$ (Assuming New York & L.A. are there, definitely highest amount of $$)

-Obviously winning will be plentiful in Cleveland, but it's less satisfying when your contribution to winning as a go to player versus a role player (what he is in Cleveland)

unleashthebeast
03-21-2015, 10:41 AM
Honestly I could see the Cavs offering the max. Remember the cap is about to skyrocket, so if they max him this offseason it won't look nearly as bad in a year.

I doubt that he wants to stay, but I can certainly see them making it difficult with a max offer

HeatFan
03-21-2015, 12:00 PM
Salvage his rep? Right. Because everybody still blamed him for 2010, right? When he brought Miami multiple championships. No. It was a business choice that he decided to make. Whether it was the right one or not still remains to be seen. But considering how his old/new team is second in the East, and the team he just left is a late playoff seed, I'd say you miss him.

As far as the conversation of Love is concerned, it's very heavily dependent on money, whether LeBron is returning (he is), and how far the Cavs make in the playoffs.

In short, you can make all the assumptions you want right now, but March is not July. So, get your dicks back inside your pants and stop being premature.

You kind of support my argument in saying it was a business decision. Not a decision to bring back joy and excitement to Cleveland (that is just a byproduct of his decision). So, if Kevin Love leaves to go back to Minnesota then it should be considered that as well, a business decision. Nobody ever mentioned if it was the right decision or not, it really doesn't matter.

HeatFan
03-21-2015, 12:01 PM
It would be poetic justice. Gilbert, the owner who vetoed the Chris Paul trade because he did not want any "Big 3" in the league. And Lebron for bailing on 2 contenders.

true.

ManningToTyree
03-21-2015, 01:30 PM
If the cavs will give him the max he will stay. If not i say new york. don't really want him in NY. His skill set over laps with Melos too much not a great fit imo.

Already went through that problem with stat

Goose17
03-21-2015, 01:41 PM
He won't leave, he'll opt in and get the big bucks the following season.

But if he did leave I think staying out East makes sense, he won't sacrifice cash for winning (not anything significant) so he wouldn't be able to sign with a West contender and he has already proven he's not a "winner" as a first option. He needs to be the second option, preferably to a guard (Harden/Dwight, Lillard/Aldridge, CP3/Blake etc).

So I think Boston, Charlotte, Toronto and D.C would all be looking to sign him or make some sort of S&T

Nene, Porter and a first for Love.

Wall - Beal - Pierce - Love - Gortat.

I don't know... anything is possible I guess but I just don't think he's going anywhere, not this season.

Yanks All Day
03-21-2015, 04:38 PM
If Cleveland wins the championship, it's likely that Kevin Love played a big role in that win. There's just no way they win 4 out of 7 against really good teams without Kevin Love playing big. Just no way. If that's the case and they do win, I think he stays without thinking twice.

Now, if Cleveland gets bounced in the semis or ECF and Love is marginalized as just a 3 point shooter, I think he thinks about it a little more. That being said, good teammates don't leave LeBron James. In fact, they follow him to go play with him on his team. I think LeBron keeps Love as long as he wants him there.

Cleveland's roster has them set up to be a contender for the next 5 years and they can pay Love more than anyone else. Unless something goes horribly wrong, Kevin Love isn't going anywhere.

NYSpirit1
03-22-2015, 10:46 PM
Love is gone. The guy got 9 points and 3 rebounds tonight. Even if they win the title, I think he's gone. Look at Darrelle Revis this offseason.

I think Love will end up on first, the Lakers. Second, the Knicks. One of those two. He's a very, very awkward fit in Cleveland and honestly, JR-Shump-Mozzy-Thompson seem more important at this point.

Thompson, Mozgov, JR and Shump will need to be paid soon too.

I could totally see Love as LA's next star. He'll relish that role, even without other stars, much more over doing that in Minnesota. It's the Lakers.

Or he could go to the Knicks. A Towns-Love-Melo trio would be a top team in the East.

IBleedPurple
03-22-2015, 11:01 PM

A championship ring would be convincing reason to stay. Blatt is part of the problem, but I feel like LBJ is to. LBJ would rather run the court with Irving the way he did with Wade, meaning Love becomes like Bosh on offense.

If they win it all I think he stays, but very few players will sign for more than one season this year, because they will all want the bigger pay-day next season, so I see him inking a one-year deal with the Cavs.

But... yeah... Blatt... I don't think this team is winning as many games as they should and by as wide a margin as they should. They've been playing better since the new year, but Love should be more involved.Agree with all of this.

FlashBolt
03-23-2015, 03:08 AM
Here's the problem in playing with James: You have to be a stretch four. That's just how he's most effective. James/Irving are essentially the backcourt of this team. Meaning, if Love wants to pummel the ball for 10 seconds, that's not going to happen. It's why he's rather ineffective at this point and I vouched for Love but if Cavs want to create a dangerous dynasty (they aren't winning this season), then they will have to settle for another PF. They could also use a backup PG and with Varejao back, Mosgov+Varejao would suffice. Good thing Tristan is a beast, though. Ibaka would work wonders for Cleveland, tbh.

BlueandWhite
03-23-2015, 03:38 AM
Or he could go to the Knicks. A Towns-Love-Melo trio would be a top team in the East.

This made me laugh out loud. literately.

prodigy
03-23-2015, 09:52 AM
As a cavs fan unless Love steps up big time in playoffs I don't want him back. use that money elsewhere. I mean He cant even make layups right now. IDK if he's hurt and trying to fight threw it or he just cant handle the pressure of contending. But He's not good right now. So I don't think Cleveland needs to convince Love anything.

KnicksorBust
03-23-2015, 11:29 AM

But... yeah... Blatt... I don't think this team is winning as many games as they should and by as wide a margin as they should. They've been playing better since the new year, but Love should be more involved.

Let's not forget what happened the first season with the Big 3 in Miami. There was growing pains. This team went through the same growing pains. Now that everyone is back and healthy they are rolling. I would love to know specifically what problems you have with Blatt as a coach. They are the best offense in the league.

I can't imagine Kevin Love leaving an opportunity to play with LeBron James. When in the entire history of the NBA has a guy with 0 titles walked away from a chance to play with the best player in the league?

D-Leethal
03-23-2015, 11:35 AM
Let's not forget what happened the first season with the Big 3 in Miami. There was growing pains. This team went through the same growing pains. Now that everyone is back and healthy they are rolling. I would love to know specifically what problems you have with Blatt as a coach. They are the best offense in the league.

I can't imagine Kevin Love leaving an opportunity to play with LeBron James. When in the entire history of the NBA has a guy with 0 titles walked away from a chance to play with the best player in the league?

Love just doesn't seem happy there - everyone wants to win but not as an afterthought. He is still young, he might not want to ring chase yet as third fiddle and might prefer a team building around him long term rather than feed off table scraps for the next 5 years.

KnicksorBust
03-23-2015, 11:39 AM
Love just doesn't seem happy there - everyone wants to win but not as an afterthought. He is still young, he might not want to ring chase yet as third fiddle and might prefer a team building around him long term rather than feed off table scraps for the next 5 years.

I don't know man. I see him doing special hand-shakes with Kyrie all the time. He's getting a ton of wide open looks. The team is absolutely rolling right now. I think we are speculating too much on his "happiness." I also don't see a realistic alternative in FA. I know the rumors are the Lakers but how can he seriously want leave LeBron and play with end of career Kobe?

prodigy
03-23-2015, 12:42 PM
If he cant handle the pressure in Cleveland then how can he expect to survive in LA

KnicksorBust
03-23-2015, 12:58 PM
If he cant handle the pressure in Cleveland then how can he expect to survive in LA

He's averaging 17ppg 10rpg on the hottest team in the NBA. I think he's doing just fine.

kobe4thewinbang
03-23-2015, 01:26 PM
It would be poetic justice. Gilbert, the owner who vetoed the Chris Paul trade because he did not want any "Big 3" in the league. And Lebron for bailing on 2 contenders.Whoa--what? Gilbert had a part in the veto? Wow...that would be a fitting comeuppance.

kobe4thewinbang
03-23-2015, 01:29 PM
If the Cleveland Cavaliers win the championship this year Kevin Love may opt in next year, but only if they win the championship otherwise, I believe he will opt to become a free agent. Once he becomes a Free Agent, I seriously doubt Cleveland will want to give him max dollars because Love has basically become an inefficient jump shooter who can rebound. He's averaging roughly 16.5 pts/10 rbs with a shooting line of 43/36/80 while chucking 5 3's a game. That's not max worthy and while he can become more efficient with time in Cleveland, I can't say I see his scoring improving. Based on these facts I see Cleveland unwilling to go to a max contract.

However when he becomes an unrestricted free agent somebody will offer him a max contract, whether that be the Lakers, Knicks, or another team. If Cleveland is unwilling to offer a max in return he will definitely leave. If the Cavaliers decide to offer a max he may stay, I think it would depend which teams and which cities offered him a max at that point. I mean Cleveland does have Lebron, but he has played with Lebron this season and things haven't worked out the way he thought they would have, at least not yet. So unless they win the championship, I don't see the fact that Cleveland having Lebron would give them an advantage in his decision. The sacrifices Love has made on the court and potentially the sacrifices he makes to his salary has and will be a lot to ask for, especially if you don't win championships.

To this point, Cleveland has not properly used Love in their offense. He is obviously not comfortable in certain areas still. Comparatively, Chris Bosh was MUCH more efficient in his first year with Lebron/Wade as opposed to Love is with Lebron/Kyrie. Bosh basically averaged 19/8 with a shooting line of 50/24/82, but Bosh only took 25 3's that entire season. Spoelstra did a MUCH better job at making Bosh comfortable and getting him to buy into a culture of basketball that was foreign to him than Blatt has done for Love. And that may play a factor in his decision, especially if they don't win this year.

Again, a lot of it comes down to if they win the championship. It's WAY to early to say he is gone, but it's also WAY to early to say he is definitely staying also. The factors are if they win the championship, if Cleveland is willing to offer a max, who else offers a max, and will he be utilized better. There are just far too many variables to make a prediction at this time. Right now, I'd say its 50/50 and many things have to fall in place either way before an accurate prediction can be made. 50/50 chance.Nice analysis. Makes sense.

WITZ
03-23-2015, 01:37 PM
Ill take Loves saying "It's been a lot of fun being part of this Cavs organization" on Mike & Mike oppose to ESPN stirring up stuff and trying to run another player out of Cleveland like they did with Lebron the whole 09-10 season & tried to do with Kyrie last year.

Edit: another quote "I plan on being a Cavalier either way." - Kevin Love on if winning a title this year would effect where he plays next year.

Tony_Starks
03-23-2015, 02:31 PM
Ill take Loves saying "It's been a lot of fun being part of this Cavs organization" on Mike & Mike oppose to ESPN stirring up stuff and trying to run another player out of Cleveland like they did with Lebron the whole 09-10 season & tried to do with Kyrie last year.

Edit: another quote "I plan on being a Cavalier either way." - Kevin Love on if winning a title this year would effect where he plays next year.

Wait so you mean in order to leave he would have to contradict what he has said for the sake of a fatter paycheck?

Oh well that settles it then, Cavs for life!

NYSpirit1
03-23-2015, 02:49 PM
If anyone in the world reads this article and thinks Kevin Love is staying, they're crazy:

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2015/03/kevin_love_on_lebron_james_wer.html#incart_2box

The guy is such an outcast on that team, I think he'd rather win less in LA or NY and be a focal point.

WITZ
03-23-2015, 03:31 PM
Wait so you mean in order to leave he would have to contradict what he has said for the sake of a fatter paycheck?

Oh well that settles it then, Cavs for life!

:facepalm: All i'm saying is im taking his word over reporters who are clearly are stirring stuff up the same way the said lebron is never coming back, the same way they said Kyrie hates the Cavs leaving the 1st chance he got. All i see in here is a Knick fan hoping yet another Cavs player just like Lebron & Kyrie go to his team 3rd times the charm i suppose lmao. And as far as that article what a surprise from the quotes where he says he "plans on being a cav" the headline is lebron and love aren't close friends shocker :laugh2:

lakerfan85
03-23-2015, 03:34 PM
I bet he ends up in Boston..

Vee-Rex
03-23-2015, 04:07 PM
:facepalm: All i'm saying is im taking his word over reporters who are clearly are stirring stuff up the same way the said lebron is never coming back, the same way they said Kyrie hates the Cavs leaving the 1st chance he got. All i see in here is a Knick fan hoping yet another Cavs player just like Lebron & Kyrie go to his team 3rd times the charm i suppose lmao. And as far as that article what a surprise from the quotes where he says he "plans on being a cav" the headline is lebron and love aren't close friends shocker :laugh2:

Eh, people are gonna be drama queens on here.

I certainly hope he stays. Yes, one night he may only get 10 points and 6 boards, but another night can be wildly different. He also contributes in ways that don't show up on the stat sheet.

Kevin Love has never been a very social kinda guy in the first place, so I don't think it's necessary for him to be in every pic (he was in on the one before!) to determine whether or not he's staying or leaving.

Obviously there has been a couple issues with how he fits in with the team but winning cures everything, you'd have to be a noob to not know that.

So while I think there's a good chance he does leave if the Cavs don't go deep in the playoffs, I think the Cavs will do enough damage for him to at LEAST opt in for one more year and go from there.

Goose17
03-23-2015, 05:00 PM
So a few colleagues of mine went out for drinks at the weekend, I wasn't really feeling it so I just stayed at home and watched a couple movies, ate some food, had a couple beers.

Today I got fired for not being a team player.

..Oh wait, No I didn't. Because that's not how the world works.

FlashBolt
03-23-2015, 06:30 PM
So a few colleagues of mine went out for drinks at the weekend, I wasn't really feeling it so I just stayed at home and watched a couple movies, ate some food, had a couple beers.

It does work that way in the NBA; especially when you're on LeBron's team. LeBron runs Cleveland... let's face it. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the contingency of his contract enabled him to receive all future plans of the organization and that he had to accept it in order for it to go through. Look at Wiggins. Do you guys REALLY think LeBron had nothing to do with him being traded? I can imagine it going like this:

LeBron: I'm here. I want Love on this team and you're going to do what you can to get him here; even if it means trading Wiggins.

Everyone associated with LeBron benefits from his transition to Cleveland; especially LeBron and Cleveland Cavailers as an organization.

If LeBron doesn't want Love here, rest assured, management will offer him less money and wait for Love to decline it.

With that being said, Love needs to really get himself out there. They said he's introverted and that's clearly not a trait your traditional NBA superstar is (LeBron, Irving = extroverted), so of course the relationship is much different. But to say James isn't the MVP but Westbrook is? Even if it were true, you can't do that. It's like Perkins whispering to LeBron that he isn't the best player but Kevin Durant is.

Cleveland doesn't need Kevin Love. They have shown that they can win handily without him. To be honest, I don't even think they care if he's gone at this point.

SlimKid
03-23-2015, 11:15 PM

comparing your work life to an NBA player's work life doesn't help solidify whatever point your are attempting to make. Apples and oranges..

Vee-Rex
03-23-2015, 11:47 PM
It does work that way in the NBA; especially when you're on LeBron's team. LeBron runs Cleveland... let's face it. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the contingency of his contract enabled him to receive all future plans of the organization and that he had to accept it in order for it to go through. Look at Wiggins. Do you guys REALLY think LeBron had nothing to do with him being traded? I can imagine it going like this:

LeBron: I'm here. I want Love on this team and you're going to do what you can to get him here; even if it means trading Wiggins.

Everyone associated with LeBron benefits from his transition to Cleveland; especially LeBron and Cleveland Cavailers as an organization.

If LeBron doesn't want Love here, rest assured, management will offer him less money and wait for Love to decline it.

With that being said, Love needs to really get himself out there. They said he's introverted and that's clearly not a trait your traditional NBA superstar is (LeBron, Irving = extroverted), so of course the relationship is much different. But to say James isn't the MVP but Westbrook is? Even if it were true, you can't do that. It's like Perkins whispering to LeBron that he isn't the best player but Kevin Durant is.

Cleveland doesn't need Kevin Love. They have shown that they can win handily without him. To be honest, I don't even think they care if he's gone at this point.

We absolutely do need Love. I mean sure, if we can find a spread 4 that can rebound reasonably well at a cheaper price I'd go for that. But you can't tell me that the Cavs as they are right now minus Love is a better team.

Sandman
03-23-2015, 11:54 PM
LeBron is the best player in the league at making adjustments, because he can do everything at 4 or 5 positions. He is the best off ball and on ball player in the league, and his best ability is his ability to be a chameleon. Misfits are perfect fits next to LeBron. Larry Hughes and Mo Williams come to mind. His ability to step up and guard Derrick Rose in his prime comes to mind.

Love is doing the same tricks and hasn't been able to fill gaps in the same way, and hasnt improved any one particular part of his game. He has not made any adjustments at all.

Bosh stepped up on defense and added distance to his jumpshot.

Kyrie has scored 50 points twice this year, dare I say he is a better fit than Wade. Love is not, or at least has not been, a better fit than Bosh.

Question is, is Kevin Love worth a max contract on this team even if he is worth a max contract elsewhere.

FlashBolt
03-23-2015, 11:59 PM
We absolutely do need Love. I mean sure, if we can find a spread 4 that can rebound reasonably well at a cheaper price I'd go for that. But you can't tell me that the Cavs as they are right now minus Love is a better team.

Well, yeah. I didn't clarify it but I don't think Cleveland needs a player of Love's caliber. They just need a PF who can stretch the floor and just defend well.

Sandman
03-24-2015, 12:02 AM
Well, yeah. I didn't clarify it but I don't think Cleveland needs a player of Love's caliber. They just need a PF who can stretch the floor and just defend well.

Problem is they are over the cap and can't afford Millsap

who else fits that bill better than Love, even if he is out of place on defense

FlashBolt
03-24-2015, 12:11 AM
Problem is they are over the cap and can't afford Millsap

who else fits that bill better than Love, even if he is out of place on defense

Why can't they afford Millsap if they get rid of Love? Heck, I'd argue they can pursue LMA if they wanted. Al Jefferson is another option as well.

Sandman
03-24-2015, 12:27 AM
Why can't they afford Millsap if they get rid of Love? Heck, I'd argue they can pursue LMA if they wanted. Al Jefferson is another option as well.
I guess they could depending on what happens, their entire roster is on option and QO hold. They're stuck at the cap if they sign free agents though and I dont think they have LeBron's bird rights. Could still trade Love though.

IDK, doesn't seem easy. I love Jefferson but dont think he would fit their pace. LMA would be a better fit than Bosh, that would be the golden ticket.

*Silver&Black*
03-24-2015, 12:40 AM
Why would Millsap leave the best team and coach in the EAST?

Sandman
03-24-2015, 12:42 AM
Why would Millsap leave the best team and coach in the EAST?

$$$

besides, didnt LeBron leave the best team twice?

TheNumber37
03-24-2015, 01:22 AM
Lakers

prodigy
03-24-2015, 08:50 AM
Kevin Love told the Dan Patrick show he's playing for the Cavs next year. So I guess this topic is over lol

Vee-Rex
03-24-2015, 09:25 AM

I think Ibaka would be the perfect fit. Too bad his contract doesn't end until 2017, and he'll be looking for a big payday anyway.

TheIlladelph16
03-24-2015, 09:32 AM

:laugh:

Exactly. This is some TMZ level nonsense reporting.

Alayla
03-24-2015, 11:37 AM
I am starting to agree with most people that he is a product of a crap team because he has not been great at all for the cavs.... Its basically James as usual doing everything... I think they should let him go and go after someone else in free agency.

This says way more about james than it does about love really and this is not a system where a player like love can shine bosh said publicly that love was going to have this problem before the season even started

If people expected 25-12 from love this season they where out of there damn minds there is a huge difference between being the #1 option on a team and being the Number 3 option i think hes doing very well honestly.

TDE
03-24-2015, 09:28 PM
Never take a players word for it.

IKnowHoops
03-24-2015, 10:17 PM
This says way more about james than it does about love really and this is not a system where a player like love can shine bosh said publicly that love was going to have this problem before the season even started

If people expected 25-12 from love this season they where out of there damn minds there is a huge difference between being the #1 option on a team and being the Number 3 option i think hes doing very well honestly.

Agreed

IKnowHoops
03-24-2015, 10:37 PM
LeBron is the best player in the league at making adjustments, because he can do everything at 4 or 5 positions. He is the best off ball and on ball player in the league, and his best ability is his ability to be a chameleon. Misfits are perfect fits next to LeBron. Larry Hughes and Mo Williams come to mind. His ability to step up and guard Derrick Rose in his prime comes to mind.

Love is doing the same tricks and hasn't been able to fill gaps in the same way, and hasnt improved any one particular part of his game. He has not made any adjustments at all.

Bosh stepped up on defense and added distance to his jumpshot.

Kyrie has scored 50 points twice this year, dare I say he is a better fit than Wade. Love is not, or at least has not been, a better fit than Bosh.

Question is, is Kevin Love worth a max contract on this team even if he is worth a max contract elsewhere.

I agreed with everything you said up until this point. Kevin's 3 ball is better and he hits it with more regularity than what Bosh did. Also Bosh couldn't really average more than 7 rebounds a game, and that is what Lebron needs most. Someone to rebound and bang down low so he doesn't have to. Love is averaging 10 boards a game and many times sitting out entire 4th quarters. K Love has had more "bad" games than Bosh, but I think its because he is needed much less offensively than Bosh was.

Sandman
03-24-2015, 11:40 PM
I agreed with everything you said up until this point. Kevin's 3 ball is better and he hits it with more regularity than what Bosh did. Also Bosh couldn't really average more than 7 rebounds a game, and that is what Lebron needs most. Someone to rebound and bang down low so he doesn't have to. Love is averaging 10 boards a game and many times sitting out entire 4th quarters. K Love has had more "bad" games than Bosh, but I think its because he is needed much less offensively than Bosh was.

numbers wise, 3 ball and rebounds, yes Love is better than Bosh

but he can't hold his pee on defense

Bosh improved parts of his game that Love is already great at, but Love hasn't improved on any of his own weaknesses.

FlashBolt
03-25-2015, 01:03 AM
I regress to say that Bosh is a better fit for LeBron than Love. He was a much more efficient scorer, more agile, a better defender, and the only drama Bosh got was of how feminine he is. I don't recall Bron+Bosh having much issue outside the court. Oh yeah, and Miami never sits Bosh in the fourth quarter... just no.

ZedAQnnders
03-25-2015, 10:04 AM
Wow, this thread makes the insidehoops crowd look like geniuses.
I mean:
1) Kevin Love is a huge defensive liability - no he is not, the whole team was a defensive liability without Vareajao until Mozgov arrived
2) Blatt should have done better - the Cavs have the best record of the league since Jan 15th, the best starting 5 in the league and the second best point-differential per 100 possessions at +10.3 (after Utah) since the all-star game, hardly underachieving.
For the rest:
go to cavstheblog and read "Kevin Love is not fitting in", written just for the posters in this thread.

prodigy
03-25-2015, 11:33 AM

Great points. I expected 18-12 from him so its close. What I'm disappointed in from Love is all the ''easy'' shots he misses. Just last game he missed a couple open layups. plus he's open from 3 all game and only shoots 34%. He just seems to fold under the pressure. That's my main issue with him right now. BTW- I've been very surprised with his defense, He's been solid.

Vee-Rex
03-25-2015, 11:51 AM
Wow, this thread makes the insidehoops crowd look like geniuses.
I mean:
1) Kevin Love is a huge defensive liability - no he is not, the whole team was a defensive liability without Vareajao until Mozgov arrived
2) Blatt should have done better - the Cavs have the best record of the league since Jan 15th, the best starting 5 in the league and the second best point-differential per 100 possessions at +10.3 (after Utah) since the all-star game, hardly underachieving.
For the rest:
go to cavstheblog and read "Kevin Love is not fitting in", written just for the posters in this thread.

Read more stuff from people on PSD. Some of the things they say is truly mind-boggling.

KnicksorBust
03-25-2015, 12:40 PM
Great points. I expected 18-12 from him so its close. What I'm disappointed in from Love is all the ''easy'' shots he misses. Just last game he missed a couple open layups. plus he's open from 3 all game and only shoots 34%. He just seems to fold under the pressure. That's my main issue with him right now. BTW- I've been very surprised with his defense, He's been solid.

That will come in time. He's in a completely different situation now than when he was in Minny. I don't think it's a coincidence that his best 3pt shooting months are the last 2 months of the season.

SF8
04-17-2015, 05:17 AM
Oh Love sure looks like he hates life. I mean look at badly LeBron treating him

https://vine.co/v/ez7O06B0bP1

:rolleyes: