PDA

View Full Version : A more interesting question about Kentucky

JEDean89
03-19-2015, 11:01 PM
Obviously the idea of Kentucky making the playoffs in the East is ridiculous, half their team will probably never play in the pros, the harrison twins aren't even supposed to get drafted this year... Anyway, I think a more interesting question is if all their players were in their primes about 8 years older than they are now, would they be contenders in the league? Towns, Caullie Stein and Johnson are no doubt an NBA frontcourt when they mature. Do they have that talented of a team if all these guys were in their late 20's that they could be a top 10 team in the league?

dhopisthename
03-20-2015, 12:20 AM
extremely unlikely. they have two top 10ish picks and most picks after 10 are average starters or backups. plus you can't have a really bad backcourt.

xbrackattackx
03-20-2015, 08:54 AM
Maybe if they had all of the Kentucky Recent Alumni.

Wall/Rondo/Teague
Bledsoe/Knight/Meeks
MKG/Prince/Young
Davis/Noel/Randle
Cousins/Kanter/Patterson

That's a damn scary team east or west. I think that's a playoff team and the only way a Kentucky team would win in the NBA.

crewfan13
03-20-2015, 10:19 AM
I don't think the current Kentucky team would compete even if they were all fastforwarded 7 years or so. Like others have said, I don't think their guard play is anywhere near good enough for an NBA team. They'd have a scary frontcourt, but that's not good enough in today's NBA.