PDA

View Full Version : Newly Added Player Post Deadline Opinions?

beasted86
03-19-2015, 03:55 PM
Thoughts on new acquisitions and how they seem to fit short term and long term if kept?

Here are a couple notable players:

Isaiah Thomas - Boston Celtics - 10 games:
21.4 PPG, 5.4 AST, 2.7 REB, 41% FG, 34% 3PT

Enes Kanter - OKC Thunder - 13 games:
16.5 PPG, 10.4 REB, 0.4 BLK, 56% FG, 76% FT

Goran Dragic - Miami HEAT - 12 games:
17 PPG, 5.8 AST, 3.3 REB, 53% FG, 30% 3PT

Reggie Jackson - Detroit Pistons - 13 games:
14.7 PPG, 7.9 AST, 4.6 REB, 38% FG, 30% 3PT

Brandon Knight - Phoenix Suns - 10 games:
14.4 PPG, 4.6 AST, 2.1 REB, 38% FG, 34% 3PT

Michael Carter-Williams - Milwaukee Bucks - 11 games:
13.7 PPG, 5.7 AST, 3.4 REB, 41% FG, 7% 3PT

beasted86
03-19-2015, 04:52 PM
Surprised at how immediate and sharp the drop off is for both the Pistons and Bucks post trade.

Jackson really looks like a terrible fit that should not be given a big contract, and I wonder if it's the Bucks just naturally falling back to Earth or if MCW is just that bad a shooter. I mean 7% from 3? He's providing absolutely no spacing when instead Knight was having like a career year from 3 if I remember right.

KnicksorBust
03-19-2015, 06:32 PM
I've been saying for a while that Jackson is wack as ****. Honestly most of those guys are shaky in their new situations. I love Dragic. I especially love how he fits with Wade. I hope (well as a Knicks fan I guess I don't) that Dragic-Wade-Deng-Bosh-Whiteside gets a chance next season because that reeks of chemistry.

Enes Kanter in OKC is also a match made in heaven. His offensive skillset fits beautiful with Westy and Ibaka covers him defensively.

MCW is arguably the hardest player for me to project because he does so many shaky things that I want to rip him and just say he's a scrub but his work ethic is phenomenal and it wouldn't surprise me to see him improve him jumper and become an all-star.

Sportfan
03-19-2015, 06:44 PM
IT is future 6th man of the year at this rate

xbrackattackx
03-19-2015, 06:53 PM
I think Kanter has looked great, OKC was trying to get Brook to do what Kanter is doing now. And got him for nothing. Reggie Jackson has looked awful. But I've only saw a couple of his games. He looks lost and uneasy out there. Brandon Knight has looked okay, I do like him and Bledsoe together. MCW was one I was really pulling for. Wanted it not to be a fluke, his stats on philly. Dragic is really starting to gel and the same with Isiah Thomas. I really love what Ainge is doing with the celtics. And understand while hinke just let MCW go. I am excited on Noel and Embiid next year. If they get another one of the top bigs in the draft. That could be a scary trio if they all pan out. I thought Thornton would play more in phx and Zeller has looked good as well.

Iron24th
03-19-2015, 07:19 PM
Agree Kanter is the real deal of the deadline and yes added for nothing.

KnicksorBust
03-19-2015, 07:34 PM
I think Kanter has looked great, OKC was trying to get Brook to do what Kanter is doing now. And got him for nothing. Reggie Jackson has looked awful. But I've only saw a couple of his games. He looks lost and uneasy out there. Brandon Knight has looked okay, I do like him and Bledsoe together. MCW was one I was really pulling for. Wanted it not to be a fluke, his stats on philly. Dragic is really starting to gel and the same with Isiah Thomas. I really love what Ainge is doing with the celtics. And understand while hinke just MCW go. I am excited on Noel and Embiid next year. If they get another one of the top bigs in the draft. That could be a scary trio if they all pan out. I thought Thornton would play more in phx and Zeller has looked good as well.

Jackson thinks he's Westbrook. It's tough to watch.

Isiah Thomas is like the next gen Jamal Crawford.

xbrackattackx
03-20-2015, 08:51 AM

Do you think Jackson will improve or he is what he is?

I agree with IT he is going to be a scoring machine. Just like Jamal, hopefully his efficient play holds up.

Goose17
03-20-2015, 08:55 AM
Kanter is the big man OKC have been dreaming about. Close to 7ft. Can score in the paint and rebound well. He's a perfect fit for them.

bleedprple&gold
03-20-2015, 10:02 AM
I think Kanter has looked great, OKC was trying to get Brook to do what Kanter is doing now. And got him for nothing. Reggie Jackson has looked awful. But I've only saw a couple of his games. He looks lost and uneasy out there. Brandon Knight has looked okay, I do like him and Bledsoe together. MCW was one I was really pulling for. Wanted it not to be a fluke, his stats on philly. Dragic is really starting to gel and the same with Isiah Thomas. I really love what Ainge is doing with the celtics. And understand while hinke just let MCW go. I am excited on Noel and Embiid next year. If they get another one of the top bigs in the draft. That could be a scary trio if they all pan out. I thought Thornton would play more in phx and Zeller has looked good as well.

Another big? Philly needs a PG badly after dealing MCW and there happens to be two good ones at the top of the draft in Russell and Mundiay.

bleedprple&gold
03-20-2015, 10:03 AM

Do you think Jackson will improve or he is what he is?

I agree with IT he is going to be a scoring machine. Just like Jamal, hopefully his efficient play holds up.

Well Jackson did have that 20-20 game so he's shown how good he can be, he's just not consistent.

beasted86
03-20-2015, 10:57 AM
The problem with Jackson is his game has a lot of holes, and instead of working on then to earn a contract, he seems to instead worry about play time, role, and his contract situation.

His 3 ball is non-existent. He should really just stop taking them D-Wade style. His PG skills are really shaky as far as finding a balance between scoring and passing. And finally, I'm always against a high volume shooter who shoots a low FG%, 3PT%, and alsodoesn't get to the FT line at a high rate. He gets there only once a game since the trade at 2 FTA/G for a starting PG getting 31 minutes a game who is supposedly known as a slasher and is always in attack mode. Simply UNACCEPTABLE!

I wouldn't be so critical if I didn't think he was going to demand a max or near max in the summer.

xbrackattackx
03-20-2015, 06:00 PM
Double.

xbrackattackx
03-20-2015, 06:01 PM
Another big? Philly needs a PG badly after dealing MCW and there happens to be two good ones at the top of the draft in Russell and Mundiay.

I mean if you get the number one pick do you pass on Okafor for either one of them? Big men are a premium PG are dime a dozen.

IndyRealist
03-21-2015, 08:58 AM
I mean if you get the number one pick do you pass on Okafor for either one of them? Big men are a premium PG are dime a dozen.

You trade back, get your PG and a couple of 2nd round picks or role players. For a #1 to #4 you can probably get a starter thrown in.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-21-2015, 10:13 AM
Surprised at how immediate and sharp the drop off is for both the Pistons and Bucks post trade.

Jackson really looks like a terrible fit that should not be given a big contract, and I wonder if it's the Bucks just naturally falling back to Earth or if MCW is just that bad a shooter. I mean 7% from 3? He's providing absolutely no spacing when instead Knight was having like a career year from 3 if I remember right.

What's the surprise? Bucks traded away a deadly shooter in 20 points scorer in Knight. Get injured MCW and MCW isn't a elite shooter like Knight. Also Bucks had plenty of injuries since all star break with Dudley and Mayo out. We're nose diving fast. Also with all the injuries other old guys like Zaza/Ersan getting a ton of minutes and burning out.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-21-2015, 10:15 AM
Another big? Philly needs a PG badly after dealing MCW and there happens to be two good ones at the top of the draft in Russell and Mundiay. PG's are a dime a dozen. 76ers need to grab the best top player and be done with it. 76ers can use all the capspace to lure in the many PG's to choose from.