PDA

View Full Version : Best 4th quarter player in the league?

WaDe03
03-19-2015, 12:45 PM
After watching last nights game against Portland and multiple 4th quarters from Wade this year I started wondering who the best 4th quarter player is. I personally think it's Wade. He leads the league in 4th quarter scoring and has multiple 15+ point 4th quarters this year. Last night was just the icing on the cake to me. That was pure greatness.

Who's your best 4th quarter player this season and why?

KnicksorBust
03-19-2015, 12:54 PM
Yeah I mean I think there is this odd correlation where people assume being the "leading 4th quarter scorer" means you are the best. They are leaving out the fact that means your team is never blowing opponents out. This is why you won't see Steph Curry at the top of this list.

rockets-fan
03-19-2015, 12:58 PM
Lillard, If there speaking clutch.

jerellh528
03-19-2015, 01:06 PM
I'll take lillard.

Hawkeye15
03-19-2015, 01:08 PM
LeBron

kingsdelez24
03-19-2015, 01:11 PM
Wade still the best sg? ...... in the 4th quarter

Chronz
03-19-2015, 01:49 PM
His last 7 games:
Lakers (100-94 W), 25 points, 6 assists, 5 rebounds, 41% shooting
Kings (114-109 W), 28 points, 4 assists, 4 rebounds, 56% shooting
Celtics (90-100 L), 34 points, 2 assists, 4 rebounds, 56% shooting
Nets (104-98 W), 28 points, 9 assists, 3 rebounds, 40% shooting
Raptors (92-102 L), 25 points, 4 assists, 3 rebounds, 69% shooting
Cavaliers (106-92 W), 32 points, 2 assists, 2 rebounds, 2 steals, 72% shooting
Blazers (108-104 W), 32 points, 6 assist, 4 rebounds, 50% shooting

117 ORTG and his turnover rate has fallen. Dragic is serving as his Bron from last year, relieving him of heavy playmaking duties.

Chronz
03-19-2015, 01:50 PM
Wade still the best sg? ...... in the 4th quarter

Jamal Crawford was among the league leaders at some point, he got most of his during garbage time IMO. Some players get their work done earlier and dont need to play heavy minutes. But Wade has impressed of late, maybe hes gearing up for the playoffs.

WaDe03
03-19-2015, 02:24 PM
His last 7 games:

117 ORTG and his turnover rate has fallen. Dragic is serving as his Bron from last year, relieving him of heavy playmaking duties.

It's awesome to watch. I just wish we had Bosh and McRoberts. With them healthy and Wade playing like this going into the playoffs we could beat anybody.

KnicksorBust
03-19-2015, 02:30 PM
It's awesome to watch. I just wish we had Bosh and McRoberts. With them healthy and Wade playing like this going into the playoffs we could beat anybody.

I agree. I had predicted Wade would bounce-back this year. Someone should bump that thread for all the people who thought Wade was done.

WaDe03
03-19-2015, 02:37 PM
I agree. I had predicted Wade would bounce-back this year. Someone should bump that thread for all the people who thought Wade was done.

Exactly. Wades now stepped back into his old role and is thriving in it. In my opinion with Bosh back and McRoberts coming off the bench next season we have one of the best overall teams we've had in awhile maybe even ever. Of course that means we would need Dragic back but based on things he's said and how much fun he seems to be having I feel pretty good about it.

The thing I didn't like most about the previous years is we weren't a deep team at all. I feel like this team could be better all around than the past few years.

WaDe03
03-19-2015, 02:38 PM

Yea we need to bump that thread too lol.

KnicksorBust
03-19-2015, 02:39 PM

:laugh: Go find it.

kdspurman
03-19-2015, 02:45 PM
Jamal Crawford was among the league leaders at some point, he got most of his during garbage time IMO. Some players get their work done earlier and dont need to play heavy minutes. But Wade has impressed of late, maybe hes gearing up for the playoffs.

Was going to mention this too. But nonetheless, Wade has been stellar lately.

valade16
03-19-2015, 02:59 PM

I'll take lillard.

As a Blazer fan I really want to say Lillard but he has been in a prolonged shooting slump. He also doesn't do enough outside scoring to warrant this spot (he's by no means a one dimensional player, but Bron, Curry, etc. simply do more).

Tony_Starks
03-19-2015, 03:02 PM
Kyrie

Tony_Starks
03-19-2015, 03:06 PM

I'll take lillard.

As a Blazer fan I really want to say Lillard but he has been in a prolonged shooting slump. He also doesn't do enough outside scoring to warrant this spot (he's by no means a one dimensional player, but Bron, Curry, etc. simply do more).

For whatever reason that initial all-star snub kindof screwed him up. Its like he started forcing things trying to prove he deserved it instead of just playing his game.....

Chronz
03-19-2015, 03:20 PM
I love how spry Wade has looked but this has STILL been the worst season of his prime. Not sure what thread you're talking about but you sound like a prisoner of the moment if your saying he's thrived this season. Find the thread tho, curious to the context

WaDe03
03-19-2015, 03:26 PM
I think it's the Wade Kobe Rose thread. I looked for it but I'm on my phone and can't find it.

WaDe03
03-19-2015, 03:30 PM
His last 7 games:

Dragic has definitely helped Wade and vice versa. They say they love to play with each other so that's a good sign. Dragic has outplayed Kyrie and now Lillard back to back. Hopefully they can all keep it up and we can push for the 6th seed. Id feel pretty confident going up against Toronto in the first round.

archdevil84
03-19-2015, 03:39 PM
he's gonna win player of the month if he keeps this up. What a beast

WaDe03
03-19-2015, 03:56 PM
he's gonna win player of the month if he keeps this up. What a beast

I think so too.

J_M_B
03-19-2015, 04:27 PM
I love how spry Wade has looked but this has STILL been the worst season of his prime. Not sure what thread you're talking about but you sound like a prisoner of the moment if your saying he's thrived this season. Find the thread tho, curious to the context

Definitely, but he's playing awesome right now. Looks like he finally got over the hamstring that's been hampering him throughout the season. I expect him to continue to play at a high level with only a small drop off.

J_M_B
03-19-2015, 04:28 PM
Wade's knees also haven't been a problem all year (knock on wood)

lol, please
03-19-2015, 04:37 PM
Wade, with Monta a close second, from there there is a huge drop off.

FraziersKnicks
03-19-2015, 04:48 PM
In terms of doing it all and taking over the whole game on both ends I'll take LeBron.

FraziersKnicks
03-19-2015, 04:49 PM
As for people saying Lillard, I would easily take Kyrie over him in the 4th and every other quarter.

WaDe03
03-19-2015, 05:09 PM
Wade, with Monta a close second, from there there is a huge drop off.

Agree.

bucketss
03-19-2015, 05:21 PM
1. wade

2. lebron

beasted86
03-19-2015, 05:22 PM
Who cares? Let the haters hate. Wade has been great as usual this season, and just as efficient as always.

4th quarter Wade along with Curry and Westbrook without looking at the numbers stand out to me. Not always just PPG in the 4th, but just general play making and not shying away from any moment regardless of what happened the first 3 quarters... really just commanding the game at that point.

PurpleLynch
03-19-2015, 05:29 PM
Wade is declining anyway,but man,he's having an unexpected stellar season considering his age.
Props to him,he wants to probably take his revenge against Lebron :smoking:. Dragic and Whiteside also help a lot,they cover the playmaking and offensevely/defensevely paint duties,so Wade is free do what he likes more:scoring. I like what Riley is doing in Miami.

jerellh528
03-19-2015, 05:30 PM

You don't have to choose lillard just because you're a blazer fan, don't feel bad for not choosing him. I'll still take lillard no matter if a random blazer fan doesn't. He's fearless and great to watch.

beasted86
03-19-2015, 05:48 PM
Wade is declining anyway,but man,he's having an unexpected stellar season considering his age.
Props to him,he wants to probably take his revenge against Lebron :smoking:. Dragic and Whiteside also help a lot,they cover the playmaking and offensevely/defensevely paint duties,so Wade is free do what he likes more:scoring. I like what Riley is doing in Miami.

Every player I've seen play started to decline by 33 including MJ. But people said ridiculous nonsense like he fell off to the point he should be a bench player. Wade has a lot of haters.

HeatFan
03-19-2015, 08:25 PM
Statistically Wade this season but I have to say that Westbrook really turns it up. He has been good in all quarters but through Durant's absence is basically the heartbeat of OKC in crunch time. I'd make a case for Harden too (at least in the regular season).

Yanks All Day
03-19-2015, 08:43 PM
There isn't a single player I'd want closing a game other than Kyrie Irving. He's a fantastic shooter and ball handler, he gets to the rim at will, is the best finisher in the league, is insanely clutch, and can hit his free throws at a high percentage. There's nothing he can't do out there, and he keeps getting better as the game gets later.

jerellh528
03-19-2015, 08:51 PM
There isn't a single player I'd want closing a game other than Kyrie Irving. He's a fantastic shooter and ball handler, he gets to the rim at will, is the best finisher in the league, is insanely clutch, and can hit his free throws at a high percentage. There's nothing he can't do out there, and he keeps getting better as the game gets later.

Aka the perfect teammate to pair next with James.

DemarDerozan
03-19-2015, 08:59 PM

It would make my year if the Cavs and Heat met as a 2 and 7 seed in the playoff and Wade upset Bron. To me that would legitimize Wade's greatness and expose Lebrons lack of genuine character/loyalty.

Tony_Starks
03-19-2015, 09:14 PM

Damn right. He's especially lethal now since teams no longer have the option just doubling him. When he gets his man on a island in the 4th its not even fair....

Vee-Rex
03-19-2015, 09:55 PM

Best part about it is Kyrie's still only 22 years old. Last year he saw so many double and triple teams and people were telling him he need to learn to be a leader, so he forced a lot of shots which statistically lowered his numbers a bit.

As for Wade, his play doesn't surprise me one bit. Arguably, he has the most basketball IQ in the league right now. He can drive to the basket at 2 miles per hour and still score on his man because he's savvy enough to misdirect the defender. The defender is also aware that he can score in multiple ways and don't want to overly commit to any particular move.

I want Wade to remain healthy for the rest of his career, he will still be a beast even if he is physically declining.

WaDe03
03-19-2015, 10:39 PM
It would make my year if the Cavs and Heat met as a 2 and 7 seed in the playoff and Wade upset Bron. To me that would legitimize Wade's greatness and expose Lebrons lack of genuine character/loyalty.

That would be awesome!

cmellofan15
03-19-2015, 10:48 PM

:laugh2: I wouldn't hold my breath

Stunner
03-19-2015, 10:53 PM
Mirotic

FlashBolt
03-19-2015, 11:38 PM
Cavs vs Heat. I am down for that series. I think James is just too nervous against the Heat. It will be exciting to see them battle it out. Totally a rivalry IMO. Wade vs James just like the good ole days. Then you have Dragic vs Irving, Deng vs Shumpert, Mosgov vs Whiteside, WOW.

lol, please
03-20-2015, 02:15 AM
Well said. I agree completely. Would be beautiful.