PDA

View Full Version : Serge Ibaka Out 4-6 Weeks With Knee Surgery

Lakers + Giants
03-17-2015, 11:31 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/serge-ibaka-to-miss-four-to-six-weeks-after-right-knee-surgery-211457418.html

Wow, yet another devastating injury for the thunder right before the real season begins. They're currently tied with NOP for the 8th spot but NOP owns the tie breaker.

goingfor28
03-17-2015, 11:34 PM
I'm beginning to think they won't get in

Lakers + Giants
03-17-2015, 11:35 PM
I'm beginning to think they won't get in

I still think they get in, I just can't see them missing the playoffs. It does like this might be too much to overcome tho. No KD and no Ibaka, ouch.

jerellh528
03-17-2015, 11:37 PM
Warriors just let out a sigh of relief

HoopsDrive
03-18-2015, 12:14 AM

Haha my thoughts exactly. Warriors fans must be ecstatic hearing this.

curtcocaine
03-18-2015, 12:19 AM
I cant lie I was happy.

LakersIn5
03-18-2015, 01:36 AM
Suck it up durant! Westbrook cant do it by himself!

tredigs
03-18-2015, 03:12 AM
Haha my thoughts exactly. Warriors fans must be ecstatic hearing this.

I couldn't disagree more. Here's to hoping OKC is 100%. The Warriors at 100% are going to embarrass them, and it's funny that people don't realize this.

#1 Defense and #1 Offense. Good luck.

kdspurman
03-18-2015, 08:17 AM
Just like he was supposed to be out for the playoffs last year? :eyebrow:

But, they may be able to hang on to that spot if Durant comes back soon

likemystylez
03-18-2015, 10:09 AM

I dont think the warriors were worried about them getting in or not. Warriors sat their two best defensive players when they played against them- basically handing them a win about a month ago.

LakersIn5
03-18-2015, 11:27 AM
People are quickly forgetting that a healthy okc team is easily a top tier team. Made the wcf, wcsf and nba finals the last 3 playoffs. So much hate on the thunder and so much homerism from warriors fans. Okay so the warriors are 1st in offebse and defense in the regular season, wait for them to do jack first in the playoffs before being over confident.

LakersIn5
03-18-2015, 11:27 AM
People are quickly forgetting that a healthy okc team is easily a top tier team. Made the wcf, wcsf and nba finals the last 3 playoffs. So much hate on the thunder and so much homerism from SOME warriors fans. Okay so the warriors are 1st in offebse and defense in the regular season, wait for them to do jack first in the playoffs before being over confident.

valade16
03-18-2015, 11:44 AM
I couldn't disagree more. Here's to hoping OKC is 100%. The Warriors at 100% are going to embarrass them, and it's funny that people don't realize this.

The last 2 seasons before this one OKC has been 6th and 6th and 1st and 4th, and that's with varying degrees of healthy.

I know GS is definitely the favorite, but a healthy OKC team would also be the favorite in most other seasons too. Luckily they won't face them when completely healthy.

HoopsDrive
03-18-2015, 11:50 AM

Oh I didn't mean happy with their players being injured, more like "great, now our chances of avoiding them in a 1st round matchup are slightly higher."

I realize GSW would likely beat OKC even if they had everyone available come playoffs, they're the best team in the league for a reason, but given that possibility I think I'd rather avoid them. Don't give chance a chance (for an upset).

goingfor28
03-18-2015, 12:16 PM

Warriors at 100% would not embarrass OKC at 100% that would be an nba finals type match up and probably go 7 games.

tredigs
03-18-2015, 12:27 PM
The last 2 seasons before this one OKC has been 6th and 6th and 1st and 4th, and that's with varying degrees of healthy.

I know GS is definitely the favorite, but a healthy OKC team would also be the favorite in most other seasons too. Luckily they won't face them when completely healthy.

OKC would be the favorite in most other seasons? No, they wouldn't. They've never had a defense as good as the Warriors have and statistically have only had a better offense once (2012/13). Warriors also have a better SRS than they've ever had, and other than 2012/13 it's not even close.

Warriors can lose, sure, but the prevalent theme here that they should be the one "fearing" anyone is funny.

cmellofan15
03-18-2015, 01:04 PM
OKC would be the favorite in most other seasons? No, they wouldn't. They've never had a defense as good as the Warriors have and statistically have only had a better offense once (2012/13). Warriors also have a better SRS than they've ever had, and other than 2012/13 it's not even close.

When has not boasting the best offense or defense stopped OKC in the playoffs? never. they have consistently brought it come playoff time to make it to the Conference Finals at the least for the last 4 years while in the meantime GS has made it out of the first round once and missed the playoffs twice.

Warriors can lose, sure, but the prevalent theme here that they should be the one "fearing" anyone is funny.

no one's suggesting that the Warriors should be fearing the Thunder, but they should absolutely be relieved that they're not playing a team that when healthy has made it to the conference finals the last four years.

valade16
03-18-2015, 01:18 PM

As funny as the prevalent theme among Dubs fans that they are unbeatable? Remember, in this thread the only one who has made a bold claim (GS would embarass a healthy OKC) is you.

The Thunder would absolutely be among the favorites to go to represent the West when healthy considering they've been to the WCF like 4 years straight.

beasted86
03-18-2015, 01:44 PM
As funny as the prevalent theme among Dubs fans that they are unbeatable? Remember, in this thread the only one who has made a bold claim (GS would embarass a healthy OKC) is you.

The Thunder would absolutely be among the favorites to go to represent the West when healthy considering they've been to the WCF like 4 years straight.
Agree completely about some Warriors fans. I just wonder where these guys come from, seriously. It's not just strictly a Warriors-only thing, but really when a team that has been a prototypical loser for like 25 years suddenly has brash and overconfident fans I wonder where exactly it's coming from and where were they 4 years ago. Unfortunately it's always a few lunatics that label an entire fan base.

valade16
03-18-2015, 01:57 PM
Agree completely about some Warriors fans. I just wonder where these guys come from, seriously. It's not just strictly a Warriors-only thing, but really when a team that has been a prototypical loser for like 25 years suddenly has brash and overconfident fans I wonder where exactly it's coming from and where were they 4 years ago. Unfortunately it's always a few lunatics that label an entire fan base.

To be clear, I think the question of whether this season's GS would beat a fully healthy OKC is moot, because OKC won't be healthy. I think GS will win this season and if OKC were fully healthy I would still pick GS to win the series.

It just seems odd to me to say OKC would not be a favorite to come out of the West because they have been the last 4 seasons. It seems like short term memory to me.

eso
03-18-2015, 02:52 PM
No biggie Westy will just up his blocks average to 10 to go with his 35, 10 and 10 at the moment.

tredigs
03-18-2015, 03:06 PM

Lmao - "Unbeatable". Again, nice try. Find one fan that says that (outside of lolphillies)? Won't happen. Most Dubs fans are low on the team, actually. I'm on the higher end and even I wouldn't give them better than a ~35% chance of making the Finals (that is the highest odds I'd give any one team, though).

My claim was last night was hyperbolic, but it was in direct response to multiple posters who assume that GS should have this "fear of OKC". Once again, I find that laughable. Better teams don't fear inferior teams, especially when they have HCA. And your claim that "OKC would be favored most other years" is also clearly wrong, as I thinly laid out. We can discuss that further if you need more proof. Valade, you should really learn to stop arguing with me.

valade16
03-18-2015, 03:31 PM
Lmao - "Unbeatable". Again, nice try. Find one fan that says that (outside of lolphillies)? Won't happen. Most Dubs fans are low on the team, actually. I'm on the higher end and even I wouldn't give them better than a ~35% chance of making the Finals (that is the highest odds I'd give any one team, though).

My claim was last night was hyperbolic, but it was in direct response to multiple posters who assume that GS should have this "fear of OKC". Once again, I find that laughable. Better teams don't fear inferior teams, especially when they have HCA. And your claim that "OKC would be favored most other years" is also clearly wrong, as I thinly laid out. We can discuss that further if you need more proof. Valade, you should really learn to stop arguing with me.

Before we argue I want to clarify your point:

Are you saying OKC was not among the favorites to come out of the West the last 4 years? Were they not one of the predicted favorites this season? Or that this particular roster of OKC's would not be the favorite most other years?

tredigs
03-18-2015, 03:33 PM
Before we argue I want to clarify your point:

Are you saying OKC was not among the favorites to come out of the West the last 4 years? Were they not one of the predicted favorites this season? Or that this particular roster of OKC's would not be the favorite most other years?

No, I said and alluded to exactly none of this.

valade16
03-18-2015, 03:40 PM
No, I said and alluded to exactly none of this.

I guess I'll ask what you mean by this:

Because that's how I took that. So what exactly did you mean by that because if you didn't mean "they would not be the favorite in most other seasons"? They would certainly be among the favorites when healthy. Do you dispute that?

tredigs
03-18-2015, 03:52 PM

My comment is in response to this, which I took as you saying that past OKC rosters would be favored against this Warriors team. That, I disagree with. And that is what I was comparing/arguing. My contention is that no OKC team would be favored over this Warriors team. At best it would be a dead heat (2012/13), tho' statistically GSW still has the edge, and that's with a ton of resting of players + blowouts that result in lower minutes for the starters and in turn an artificially low SRS in comparison to most OKC teams (where Westbrook/Durant/Ibaka had been 100% through the season and playing more minutes). I'd favor whoever had HCA in that year, realistically.

This has nothing to do with OKC being "among the favorites in the West" in the past. Obviously they were...

valade16
03-18-2015, 03:58 PM
My comment is in response to this, which I took as you saying that past OKC rosters would be favored against this Warriors team. That, I disagree with. And that is what I was comparing/arguing. My contention is that no OKC team would be favored over this Warriors team. At best it would be a dead heat (2012/13), tho' statistically GSW still has the edge, and that's with a ton of resting of players + blowouts that result in lower minutes for the starters and in turn an artificially low SRS in comparison to most OKC teams (where Westbrook/Durant/Ibaka had been 100% through the season and playing more minutes). I'd favor whoever had HCA in that year, realistically.

This has nothing to do with OKC being "among the favorites in the West" in the past. Obviously they were...

I think in this we have the same point then because I think OKC 100% healthy would be viewed among the favorites with GS. Not necessarily above them (obviously the stats favor GS, but experience and prior performance favor OKC and some will use that as the base determiner) but among the favorites.

Cal827
03-18-2015, 04:01 PM
Thanks Obama

Goose17
03-18-2015, 04:46 PM
OKC just can't catch a break. Gotta feel for them.

tredigs
03-18-2015, 05:01 PM
I think in this we have the same point then because I think OKC 100% healthy would be viewed among the favorites with GS. Not necessarily above them (obviously the stats favor GS, but experience and prior performance favor OKC and some will use that as the base determiner) but among the favorites.

Same boat then, yeah. Just mis-cu

Chronz
03-18-2015, 05:54 PM
I would just like to add that srs would be different for everyone had okc been healthy

TheNumber37
03-18-2015, 06:33 PM
If the thunder miss the playoffs, get a.lottery pick and find a way to deal waiters for anything, they are winning it all next year

LakersIn5
03-18-2015, 07:43 PM
If the thunder miss the playoffs they should win the 2nd overall pick

jerellh528
03-18-2015, 09:37 PM
It's not that gs "fears" okc. It's more a sigh of relief that if they meet them, it would be a much easier time than facing a fully healthy okc which likely go to 7 games and is more of a 50/50 type of thing, which in turn would decrease the chances of winning future series due to fatigue and mental duress. But gs shouldn't fear anyone and rightfully so, but I doubt a healthy okc fears gs any at all either.

HeatFan
03-19-2015, 08:28 PM
More bad news to an already tough season. Hope he comes back 100% and can contribute in playoffs.

FlashBolt
03-20-2015, 01:49 AM
Well, at least KD is coming back soon "woohoo." Just injury after injury. Waiters needs to step it up come playoff time because I feel we're going to get hit with another one. It sucks because we have two of the top five NBA players and a rather solid cast for the first time due to getting rid of fatty Perky. I don't like our chances tbh.. way too many injuries.

NYSpirit1
03-20-2015, 10:02 AM
Well, at least KD is coming back soon "woohoo." Just injury after injury. Waiters needs to step it up come playoff time because I feel we're going to get hit with another one. It sucks because we have two of the top five NBA players and a rather solid cast for the first time due to getting rid of fatty Perky. I don't like our chances tbh.. way too many injuries.

I don't think Durant will be on your roster much longer. I think Presti will look to deal him around the draft. Westbrook and Durant has been a massive disappointment together. This is the 7th year they've had together and they have a total of 0 titles. And plus, they're so much better when the other one isn't on the court.

Durant has lingering injuries, an expiring contract and if you keep him, an entire year of speculation which will almost certainly mean you aren't winning the title next year. Just not happening with that amount of speculation.

The Knicks went from a 54 win team to a 37 win team last year, with pretty much the same roster, largely because Carmelo rumors were rampant all year.

You won't escape it. So Presti will trade Durant for one of the top selections. Don't be surprised if it happens. It's probably better for you too. Towns and Westbrook would be a deadly fit for years.