PDA

View Full Version : Warriors fans! Better handle...Tim Hardaway or Steph Curry?

IKnowHoops
03-14-2015, 01:58 AM
Warriors fans, who do you believe had the better handle between Tim Hardaway and Steph Curry. All NBA fans that have knowledge of both can chime in.

asandhu23
03-14-2015, 03:25 AM
Hardaway

Goose17
03-14-2015, 05:57 AM
Steph is easily top 2 now.

But Hardaway was better. Strictly in terms of handles I would say Hardaway is in the top 5 of the last 25 years. That UTEP Two Step was his equivalent of the Sky Hook. No matter how many times he used the same move it always had the same effect. He made it as close to unstoppable as any dribble move I've ever seen.

Still the best crossover ever. Watching him cross guys in transition was the best.

PurpleLynch
03-14-2015, 07:13 AM
Still Hardaway,he was virtually unstoppable with his barrage of moves. But Curry is one of the best in the league right now,no doubt. I'm not a GSW fan,but damn,they got two really entartaining and very good PGs in the span of 10 years.

KnicksorBust
03-14-2015, 08:29 AM
As someone who grew up watching Hardaway go to war with my Knicks in the playoffs, I gotta give him the edge here. That crossover was just dirty. He and Iverson made the crossover everyones favorite park/driveway move.

HeatFan
03-14-2015, 02:38 PM
Tim Hardaway one of my all time favs. However, Curry is just plain ridiculous. So versatile and changes direction like a magician. Hardaway's best dribble move was really just a sick crossover. Curry can do this just as good plus so many other things.

Lloyd Christmas
03-14-2015, 04:29 PM
Hardaway easily.

Verbal Christ
03-14-2015, 11:22 PM
Utep Two Step .. Nuff said.

Hotone1401
03-15-2015, 01:49 AM
Curry is the overall better ball handler as he can dribble just as well with his left as he can his right hand. Hardaway just had the crossover.

lol, please
03-15-2015, 03:03 AM
Hardaway and it's not close.

lol, please
03-15-2015, 03:13 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jOrUgr4Sss
Hardaway the GOAT.

slaker619
03-15-2015, 03:41 AM
Hardaway without a doubt

likemystylez
03-15-2015, 10:15 AM
hmmm actually curry. hardaway was a lot quicker and a lot more explosive.... but curry actually has better control in more situations

Hardaways crossover and all the highlights is what has a lot of people saying hardaway, but that was as much to do with quickness as it was with his ball handling ability.

Also hardaway got away with palming a lot more than curry needs to to pull off his moves. LOL its almost like fans just think an effective crossover excuses carrying the ball

Goose17
03-15-2015, 11:44 AM
hmmm actually curry. hardaway was a lot quicker and a lot more explosive.... but curry actually has better control in more situations

Hardaways crossover and all the highlights is what has a lot of people saying hardaway, but that was as much to do with quickness as it was with his ball handling ability.

Also hardaway got away with palming a lot more than curry needs to to pull off his moves. LOL its almost like fans just think an effective crossover excuses carrying the ball

On that last part. I think you're getting him confused with Iverson. Hardaways crossover was text book. Curry carries the ball A LOT. But everyone in the NBA does these days.

JEDean89
03-15-2015, 01:51 PM
hardaway was better with the dribble but steph is a way better shooter off the dribble

COOLbeans
03-15-2015, 01:58 PM
Hardaway

Some things never change :laugh2:

lol, please
03-15-2015, 06:40 PM
Pwnt.

In asandhu23 defense, it's not a PG comparison, just handles. ;)

Hawkeye15
03-15-2015, 07:21 PM
the only PG I have seen that challenges Hardaway's handles is CP3. And they are both crapped on by Zeke.

kdspurman
03-15-2015, 08:52 PM
the only PG I have seen that challenges Hardaway's handles is CP3. And they are both crapped on by Zeke.

white chocolate did some amazing things with the ball too. but hardaway was pretty sick with it

cmellofan15
03-15-2015, 11:32 PM
ohhh man, Jason Williams was NASTY. good call on that one.

asandhu23
03-16-2015, 04:13 AM

Am I wrong, Coolbeans?

JasonJohnHorn
03-16-2015, 08:42 AM
That's a good question

If it came to cutting a guys ankles down, I'm going with Hardaway, but when it comes to weaving in and out of players, there is a case to be made for Curry.

My vote goes to Hardaway. Part of the 'handles' in my mind is taking care of the ball, and Hardaway did a better job of that.

Hardaway took like 20 shots a game handed out 10 assists and only turned the ball over 3 or 4 times a game.

Curry turns it over that much on 16 or 17 shots a game and only 8 assists. The turnover rate doesn't tell you everything about 'handles'; you have to watch the guys. But it does give you an indication of how well they take care of the ball.

Hardaway had people tripping up all the time and could cut base line and get back out to the perimtier if there were no openings.... Curry can pull that off too... they are comparable in that respect.

But because I've watched Curry more recently and he's fresh in my mind, I want to say Curry, but I know every point guard in the league feared defending Hardaway and looking like a fool, at least while he was in Golden State. He put on a little weight and slowed down after Miami... so I remember his later years not being as impressive. But both guys are great.

I'll go prime Hardaway had better handles.

G_S_W
03-16-2015, 04:32 PM
Who's hotter: Kate Upton or Roseanne Barr?

Hawkeye15
03-16-2015, 05:18 PM
white chocolate did some amazing things with the ball too. but hardaway was pretty sick with it

being tricky, and having the ball be a yo-yo are different things. Williams was an excellent ball handler, but not of that caliber.

JasonJohnHorn
03-16-2015, 08:27 PM
Who's hotter: Kate Upton or Roseanne Barr?

Like Roseanne Barr now, or in her prime?

Lloyd Christmas
03-17-2015, 02:50 AM
Like Roseanne Barr now, or in her prime?

I think now is her prime.