PDA

View Full Version : Draft Scouting Report - Houson's 1st -Currently at #25-27 range: Who'd you rather?

Mave1002
03-12-2015, 10:25 PM
1.) Troy Williams - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD5dC6JpFWs
2.) Jarell Martin (stretch 4) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb6WEtL0bVk
3.) Perry Ellis - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_KzioVmObA

All three are decent SFs with great size, athleticism and wingspan. Who'd you rather?

New Power House
03-12-2015, 10:37 PM
It is pretty hard to see waht the Lakers are going to pick with the Houston's pick because if they get a center first then they will look for a pg and vice-versa. But you are right,a sf is a must either through the draft or fagency.
We need a real center,a sf, a sg to work behind Kobe and a vet pg with either ability to create for others or a scorer with some passing ability. The good news is the cap is going to favor us after all. Lakers will spend if there are two stars willing to come and win. Just imagine if we get the high pick with either Towns or Oka. The future will loook way better than now.

Mave1002
03-12-2015, 10:49 PM
^For me, it's either a Center or a Small forward ala Artest. I'd offer a package of our two firsts (Hou-Pho) + Jordan Hill and offer it to whoever will land Stanley Johnson. Heck, give em the Clips 2nd (51-55).

TOP 5-Randle-Johnson-Kobe-Clarkson + 2-3 solid free agents.

New Power House
03-12-2015, 11:29 PM
Houston lost tonight and if they loose some steem,they could give us a better pick. I think that the main focus with the draft will be a center and a guard. Harris will be a restricted to go for. Orland might not match. Buttler is another one,but this guy is not leaving Chicago after Ross injury.

Teeboy1487
03-13-2015, 04:12 AM
The Lakers truly need to address center and small forward in the draft. We need starter caliber players in those positions.

Mave1002
03-13-2015, 04:31 AM
Incoming FA watch: Rodney Stuckey
Salary: Vets min

Rodney Stuckey kept his foot in the gas pedal against the Bucks on Thursday with 25 points, six boards, six assists, one steal and one 3-pointer in 37 minutes.

He's playing one of his best months of his career. In his previous games since the All-Star break, Stuckey averaged 19.6 points, 4.4 boards, 4.4 dimes, 1.1 steals and 1.9 treys on 50.8 percent from the field. These stats scream "due for regression" extremely loud, but fantasy owners just have to ride him while he's going strong. He should be owned in all leagues.

Stuckey-Clarkson would be a nice combo

New Power House
03-13-2015, 11:06 PM

Rodney Stuckey kept his foot in the gas pedal against the Bucks on Thursday with 25 points, six boards, six assists, one steal and one 3-pointer in 37 minutes.

He's playing one of his best months of his career. In his previous games since the All-Star break, Stuckey averaged 19.6 points, 4.4 boards, 4.4 dimes, 1.1 steals and 1.9 treys on 50.8 percent from the field. These stats scream "due for regression" extremely loud, but fantasy owners just have to ride him while he's going strong. He should be owned in all leagues.

If the Lakers are going to grab a fa this coming season it will be a better one. Ohterwise one year contract an they will wait until the 2016. Must valuable fas will try to wait until next year. mid level ao bellow will try to score earlier.

McAllen Tx
03-13-2015, 11:29 PM

Dont let Stuckeys fantasies #s and how cheap you can get him confuse you into thinking the Lakers should go after him. He is the hottest thing right now in fantasy but just 2 weeks ago it was Mo Williams. Now Williams is a hit or miss.

Teeboy1487
03-14-2015, 12:02 AM
^For me, it's either a Center or a Small forward ala Artest. I'd offer a package of our two firsts (Hou-Pho) + Jordan Hill and offer it to whoever will land Stanley Johnson. Heck, give em the Clips 2nd (51-55).

TOP 5-Randle-Johnson-Kobe-Clarkson + 2-3 solid free agents.
Johnson won't go out of the top 5. I doubt anyone would give up up their top 5 pick for that package. I do agree that if we can somehow land Towns or Okafor, we should not stop there. Trade up for a SF.

Rocco007
03-14-2015, 02:38 AM
Next Chandler Parsons...SAm Dekker

https://youtu.be/kM0TmRc152w

https://youtu.be/O-jfJSFInqE

mufridaz
03-14-2015, 05:40 PM
I like that C from Wisconsin who was named like most improved player this year not sure what his name is and not sure if he will even still be available by the time. He has spend several years in college and has some really solid post moves and would be a decent backup C perhaps.

Of course I would like to see okafur at C with the top 5 pick but chances of that happening are slim to none. Not really sold on towns yet he will probally be gone as well.

I would like to see our team build around Clarkson pg; randle pf; and a C. We need help at all positions especially SF so if we can't get one of the 2 C's okafur or towns in the top 5 and there is a solid SF wing available I would rather do that and then maybe pick up the C I was talking about with the late first round pick from Houston.

mufridaz
03-14-2015, 05:44 PM
with Jabari brown or whatever his name is at SG and since he played in college with Clarkson think those 2 can be our future backcourt perhaps only time will tell.

then we got randle at PF and hopefully a dominant C like okafur ; then use our d league or draft or 2nd time around leftovers from other teams that was in a bad situation to find our SF of the future.

but i'm hoping we use most of our cap space on an all star caliber SF this coming year so if that is the case we could focus on another position.

New Power House
03-14-2015, 06:49 PM
I like that C from Wisconsin who was named like most improved player this year not sure what his name is and not sure if he will even still be available by the time. He has spend several years in college and has some really solid post moves and would be a decent backup C perhaps.

Of course I would like to see okafur at C with the top 5 pick but chances of that happening are slim to none. Not really sold on towns yet he will probally be gone as well.

I would like to see our team build around Clarkson pg; randle pf; and a C. We need help at all positions especially SF so if we can't get one of the 2 C's okafur or towns in the top 5 and there is a solid SF wing available I would rather do that and then maybe pick up the C I was talking about with the late first round pick from Houston.

Kaminski is a better player potentially than Love is now in my opinion. WCS is a hybrid between Chandler and Andre. He can defend the pick and roll better than both and could potentially be a better offensive high light player than these two. If this guy can improve his offense by finding a range outside the paint,he will be a great pick to have next to Randle. This guy can patrol the paint already so well!

Mave1002
03-15-2015, 11:13 PM
Future FA watch:

Anthony Davis (eye) was seeing clearly vs. the Nuggets on Sunday, racking up 36 points on 16-of-28 shooting, 14 rebounds, seven assists, one steal and nine blocks as he barely missed a mythical quadruple-double.
Three players have recorded a quadruple-double since 1985 (Alvin Robertson, Hakeem Olajuwon and David Robinson) and tonight's explosion is a reminder that Davis may soon join their company. He's the only player to record 36/14/7/9 in a game and his upside is simply unknowable. Interestingly, the Pelicans' TV crew noted that Davis' blocks have resulted in Pelicans' possessions 63.1 percent of the time this season, an underrated skill which speaks to a basketball IQ that complements his sky-high athleticism.

McAllen Tx
03-16-2015, 12:54 AM
J
Future FA watch:

Anthony Davis (eye) was seeing clearly vs. the Nuggets on Sunday, racking up 36 points on 16-of-28 shooting, 14 rebounds, seven assists, one steal and nine blocks as he barely missed a mythical quadruple-double.
Three players have recorded a quadruple-double since 1985 (Alvin Robertson, Hakeem Olajuwon and David Robinson) and tonight's explosion is a reminder that Davis may soon join their company. He's the only player to record 36/14/7/9 in a game and his upside is simply unknowable. Interestingly, the Pelicans' TV crew noted that Davis' blocks have resulted in Pelicans' possessions 63.1 percent of the time this season, an underrated skill which speaks to a basketball IQ that complements his sky-high athleticism.
New Orleans AINT trading Davis!!! At least not yet. Hes gonna take his max contract as soon its offered. He has an injury history. HE ain't gonna turn down a max contract once its offered.