PDA

View Full Version : New cap coming in 2016

New Power House
03-11-2015, 06:38 PM
NBA teams using internal data are projecting the salary cap to jump to between $88-92 million per team, sources told ESPN. To compare, this season the cap is set at $63 million and next season it is projected to land at about $66 million. To put it into perspective, the largest salary-cap jump in history is $7 million in one season. What happens in 2016 could triple that leap. ESPN.com

Rumors tagsFree Agency, Salary Cap Share on FacebookShare on TwitterSubscribe to HoopsHype rumors
- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.k4TAr1bq.dpuf

From aproximatly 66 this coming season! :clap:
Good for us?

numba1CHANGsta
03-11-2015, 09:09 PM
It's good and bad, yeah more money for us to spend but now teams will spend crazy money to re-sign star players or try to build a "Big 3" ..possibly even a "Big 4!"

Lakersfan2483
03-11-2015, 11:13 PM
Glad the cap is expanding; but the lakers still have to do their due diligence in terms of acquiring quality talent. So in essence, it's a double edge sword in that they have more money to spend but what, if anything, will they do with it?

MT2A
03-11-2015, 11:24 PM
They're not doing anything. That front office is clueless. All that money and no one to spend it on...

bleedprple&gold
03-11-2015, 11:25 PM
Wasn't this already announced a couple of weeks ago?

bluefire7002
03-11-2015, 11:34 PM
Is it correct that not all teams (especially the ones in smaller markets) will not be willing to use the whole cap once this happens?? Therefore, Lakers and Knicks are the ones that will benefit in this right? Forgot where the hell I read that.

Mave1002
03-12-2015, 02:38 AM
Maybe Kobe knew, reason why he started recruiting Rondo, and the FO plans to overpay him. I hope they can use the cap to lure in Anthony Davis for the long-term. All in for the brow!

Vinylman
03-12-2015, 07:47 AM
Is it correct that not all teams (especially the ones in smaller markets) will not be willing to use the whole cap once this happens?? Therefore, Lakers and Knicks are the ones that will benefit in this right? Forgot where the hell I read that.

there is a salary floor set at 90% of the cap so they will at least have to spend that as they do now.

The real question is what happens to max salaries when the NBPA opts out of the current CBA for the 2017/18 season... will players like Lebron and Durant still be limited to a percentage of the cap? I doubt it

If the owners give up on a provision like that will they want to institute a hard cap? Will they want to only partially guarantee contracts like the NFL

Will the players agree to the revenue % split in place now in the next deal? Doubt it

There will be a lot up in the air when the new CBA is negotiated which makes projecting now on what will happen then pure speculation.

DC Laker
03-12-2015, 11:08 AM
there is a salary floor set at 90% of the cap so they will at least have to spend that as they do now.

The real question is what happens to max salaries when the NBPA opts out of the current CBA for the 2017/18 season... will players like Lebron and Durant still be limited to a percentage of the cap? I doubt it

If the owners give up on a provision like that will they want to institute a hard cap? Will they want to only partially guarantee contracts like the NFL

Will the players agree to the revenue % split in place now in the next deal? Doubt it

There will be a lot up in the air when the new CBA is negotiated which makes projecting now on what will happen then pure speculation.

I think that this upcoming change increases the likelihood that the Lakers lock in a couple players to long term contracts this off-season.

There has been some talk that if the Lakers can not get a stud this summer, to hold onto cap flexibility until the following summer to go after Durant. Most every team in the league is going to have 20-30 million in cap space so the Lakers will have major competition for a couple top guys (The Wizards, and OKC would have to be favorites for Durant)

The strategy should be to sign a couple guys like a Rondo, Dragic, Carroll, or Monroe this summer even if you have to overpay a little. Locking in a guy in this summers market could be WAY cheaper than the following summer.

The cap seems to have a chance to increase by about 40%. If the numbers all balance out a guy making $10 Million this year could easily get $14 in the big spending summer of 2016. So buying this summer, with limited competition could be a far cheaper and more effective strategy. A guy like Dragic may seem overpriced at $12 Million a year this summer, but it may be better to jump on him.... and it will become a solid deal as similar players sign for $14-$15 Million the following summer.

Add a couple solid pieces and use ALL the cap space to solidify a core....

(Top 5 Pick, The Rockets #1 Pick, Clarkson, Randle, 2 Solid Free agents this Summer, Kobe)

Still have max $$ to chase players in 2016 as well.

Vinylman
03-12-2015, 03:14 PM
I think that this upcoming change increases the likelihood that the Lakers lock in a couple players to long term contracts this off-season.

There has been some talk that if the Lakers can not get a stud this summer, to hold onto cap flexibility until the following summer to go after Durant. Most every team in the league is going to have 20-30 million in cap space so the Lakers will have major competition for a couple top guys (The Wizards, and OKC would have to be favorites for Durant)

The strategy should be to sign a couple guys like a Rondo, Dragic, Carroll, or Monroe this summer even if you have to overpay a little. Locking in a guy in this summers market could be WAY cheaper than the following summer.

The cap seems to have a chance to increase by about 40%. If the numbers all balance out a guy making $10 Million this year could easily get $14 in the big spending summer of 2016. So buying this summer, with limited competition could be a far cheaper and more effective strategy. A guy like Dragic may seem overpriced at $12 Million a year this summer, but it may be better to jump on him.... and it will become a solid deal as similar players sign for $14-$15 Million the following summer.

(Top 5 Pick, The Rockets #1 Pick, Clarkson, Randle, 2 Solid Free agents this Summer, Kobe)

I think locking up some guys will be good but no dragic nor rondo (both to old). Dragic is gonna get no less than 18m btw...

the only problem I see with your assumption is that at 10 guy becomes a 14 guy... I don't think that is what is going to happen... I think you could see new Max salaries of like 40-50% of the cap which means guys like LeBron go from 21 to 35-45. I really think it is going to get top heavy and that is why I think LeBron wants to control the negotiations.

I also don't like Monroe if we keep Randle... that would make us pretty undersized up front..

It will be interesting to see the FO's approach... my expectations are pretty low though

Mave1002
03-12-2015, 10:03 PM

1.) Rodney Stuckey, Danny Green and Derrick Williams for considerable rates
2.) Andray Blatche and Michael Beasley for vets minimum

Black-Blatche
Randle-Williams
Green-Beasley
Kobe-Ellington
Stuckey-Clarkson

Add our own top 5, and Houston's first and were ready to roll.

Vinylman
03-13-2015, 08:02 AM
1.) Rodney Stuckey, Danny Green and Derrick Williams for considerable rates
2.) Andray Blatche and Michael Beasley for vets minimum

Black-Blatche
Randle-Williams
Green-Beasley
Kobe-Ellington
Stuckey-Clarkson

Add our own top 5, and Houston's first and were ready to roll.

lottery team

Mave1002
03-13-2015, 08:31 AM
^Definitely better than what we have right now. Plus, the objective isnt actually WIN NOW. The better plan is to build a solid core for the summer of 16'

Vinylman
03-13-2015, 12:48 PM
^Definitely better than what we have right now. Plus, the objective isnt actually WIN NOW. The better plan is to build a solid core for the summer of 16'

better?

blatche... garbage
Williams... garbage
Beasley... garbage
Stuckey... chucker extraordinaire
Green... overrated system player

Ty22Mitchell
03-13-2015, 11:54 PM
better?

blatche... garbage
Williams... garbage
Beasley... garbage
Stuckey... chucker extraordinaire
Green... overrated system player

Lmafo. I thought the same thing when I read his post.

Ty22Mitchell
03-14-2015, 12:02 AM
I like what LA is doing. They have Randle, Clarkson (prob not a superstar, but we'll see) and will probably add a top 5 pick this off-season. I don't care who Mitch and Jim sign this offseason as long as they have the cap space to offer Durant (doubtful he comes, but there stil better be an offer) a max. As of right now, Durant is the quickest route to a championship (imo).

McAllen Tx
03-14-2015, 12:48 AM
I like what LA is doing. They have Randle, Clarkson (prob not a superstar, but we'll see) and will probably add a top 5 pick this off-season. I don't care who Mitch and Jim sign this offseason as long as they have the cap space to offer Durant (doubtful he comes, but there stil better be an offer) a max. As of right now, Durant is the quickest route to a championship (imo).
Me too, I believe the Lakers are in a very good position assuming they keep their top 5 pick. This off season they will have a very promising 1st year player (Clarkston) and 2 top 7 players (including Randle here) and lots of $ to spend. Then back door that with Kobe coming off the books in 2016 and again having boatloads of $ to spend in 2016.

Ty22Mitchell
03-14-2015, 03:46 PM
Me too, I believe the Lakers are in a very good position assuming they keep their top 5 pick. This off season they will have a very promising 1st year player (Clarkston) and 2 top 7 players (including Randle here) and lots of $ to spend. Then back door that with Kobe coming off the books in 2016 and again having boatloads of $ to spend in 2016.

Do you think LA should spend commit any long term cash to a FA this off-season, or should they wait until 2016?

McAllen Tx
03-16-2015, 12:29 AM
Do you think LA should spend commit any long term cash to a FA this off-season, or should they wait until 2016?

Yes and I got 2 players in mind who I would give a really good long term contract to. I'm not gonna waste my time w/ the top 2 restricted free agents ( Leonard & Butler ) both teams will match max contracts.

I'm not saying I will give these 2 players max contracts but really good long term contracts, Draymond Green and Hasaan Whiteside.

If the Lakers draft Johnson I would exclude Green. But even if the Lakers draft a Center I would still sign Whiteside. Which ever center fits better to what we want to do we will have a good maybe great (Whiteside) or great ( top 5 pick) to trade next off season.

I would also try and sign Ed Davis to a reasonable long term contract. Even Black to a cheap long term contract.

Whiteside would be my priority even if we draft a center.

I would say DeAndre Jordan but he will be maxed out by Ballmer and Rivers. Clippers too close to sniffing a championship to go cheap now. If Sterling still owned the team it would be different. Not Ballmer.

numba1CHANGsta
03-16-2015, 01:35 AM
If you guys want KD, then the Lakers better start building an attractable team for him to come to starting this offseason. I say trade Randle+top 5 pick+future 1st for a young big man (Cousins/AD) and sign LA. This will get KD to come in 2016 for sure! IMO KD is leaving OKC and will go to either WAS or LA. If not Plan B would be to go after Westbrook in 2017

bleedprple&gold
03-16-2015, 02:41 AM
If you guys want KD, then the Lakers better start building an attractable team for him to come to starting this offseason. I say trade Randle+top 5 pick+future 1st for a young big man (Cousins/AD) and sign LA. This will get KD to come in 2016 for sure! IMO KD is leaving OKC and will go to either WAS or LA. If not Plan B would be to go after Westbrook in 2017

Didn't you propose this in another thread? That's too much to give up for Cousins and probably for AD too.

royal bob
03-16-2015, 02:42 AM
The players are well aware that a new deal is on the horizon. I would be surprised if any players of note committed beyond the 2016 season. Doing so would leave a bunch of cash on the table for them personally. It would, however, be a great time for the Lakers to lock up some young supporting cast players to solid deals in today's market.....because they will become a steal once the new CBA goes into effect

Mave1002
03-16-2015, 03:06 AM
Didn't you propose this in another thread? That's too much to give up for Cousins and probably for AD too.

Agree on Cousins. Though Id trade 90% of the team just to get AD on board.

numba1CHANGsta
03-16-2015, 05:58 PM

Well I was thinking a package deal that includes some of those parts but not all for Cousins but for AD id trade Randle (who already had a season ending injury and is still unproven), top 5 pick (looking like we'll finish 4th-5th and a PG will be best available which we already have Clarkson) and a future 1st pick (which doesn't matter cuz it would be a really low pick if we become contenders again)

AD is arguably the best big man in the league, i'm willing to overpay to acquire him and sign another big man this offseason to have our twin towers and sign KD next offseason!

New Power House
03-16-2015, 11:20 PM
Cousins is a trouble player.I rather nurture our young guys already here like Davis and Black and eventually if we are lucky Oka,Town or WCS. particularly if they sign RONDO. Just imagine these two in the same team a very volatile duo! Davis or Gasol are a huge streach,their teams are in more control of their power to resign them.
If they sign RONDO and SF like Harris the team will be competitive enough to be in the play offs.
WCS,Hills, Black and Sacre or the same group without WCS but Oka or Towns wont look bad in P&G. COnsolation Asik with Hills Black. Sacre gone!
Davis,Randle, Boozer?
Harris? Johnson? Rookie?
Mamba,Young?,Ellington,Brown
RONDO,Clarkson/Rookie?Mudiay or Russel or Houston?
Not a bad team with a mix of experience and youth! Is June now?

bluefire7002
03-16-2015, 11:56 PM

Too much for Cousins, however AD is going to be the best player in the league in the next year or two, so would do whatever it took to get him... Than Kobe could maybe sign another year and sort of advertise for Durant to come to LA in 2016...

New Power House
03-17-2015, 12:23 AM
Durant will be great,but if you think clearly,he has not be able to deliver even with a sick partner and a very strong group. He is hurt and this kind of injury could be trouble for a basketball player. If we get a high 1-5 pick plus the other three picks along with two to three strong vets like RONDO could turn the team into a very fun an more competitive faster than we could think. Love could skip Cleveland if things do not get better for hiom there. Harris might be taken. and Dragic is not totall sold in Miami yet. Many possible things could happen that is what now makes it interesting,because we are going to have a huge lift with the new cap. Just think is going to be about 90 mill when Mamba's contract goes away! Someone might like to come and grab the marvelous market called Cali.

bluefire7002
03-17-2015, 12:35 AM
Durant will be great,but if you think clearly,he has not be able to deliver even with a sick partner and a very strong group. He is hurt and this kind of injury could be trouble for a basketball player. If we get a high 1-5 pick plus the other three picks along with two to three strong vets like RONDO could turn the team into a very fun an more competitive faster than we could think. Love could skip Cleveland if things do not get better for hiom there. Harris might be taken. and Dragic is not totall sold in Miami yet. Many possible things could happen that is what now makes it interesting,because we are going to have a huge lift with the new cap. Just think is going to be about 90 mill when Mamba's contract goes away! Someone might like to come and grab the marvelous market called Cali.

I wonder how many big players are going to agree with teams this year, for just one year deals... It makes sense for them and the teams they sign with could have them for cheap.. Kind of if say Rondo does actually want to go to the Lakers and has his mind set... He is going to want to get payed, but probably based off a contract after the CAP is raised... Wonder if he could be had for a discount, 1 year deal...

New Power House
03-17-2015, 11:16 PM
I wonder how many big players are going to agree with teams this year, for just one year deals... It makes sense for them and the teams they sign with could have them for cheap.. Kind of if say Rondo does actually want to go to the Lakers and has his mind set... He is going to want to get payed, but probably based off a contract after the CAP is raised... Wonder if he could be had for a discount, 1 year deal...
Chris Broussard: Now there's some beginning to question how much Cleveland would want Love back at max money. ESPN.com

Rumors tagsCleveland Cavaliers, Free Agency, Kevin Love Share on FacebookShare on TwitterSubscribe to HoopsHype rumors
- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.su3aJKDq.dpuf

Love is not really sold on the Cavs. Lakers could lure him. Rondo now looks that he is finding his game,but the play offs will maybe determine where thse players will stay.

McAllen Tx
03-18-2015, 12:11 AM
Chris Broussard: Now there's some beginning to question how much Cleveland would want Love back at max money. ESPN.com

Rumors tagsCleveland Cavaliers, Free Agency, Kevin Love Share on FacebookShare on TwitterSubscribe to HoopsHype rumors
- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.su3aJKDq.dpuf

Love is not really sold on the Cavs. Lakers could lure him. Rondo now looks that he is finding his game,but the play offs will maybe determine where thse players will stay.

I've mentioned before that I would go for them 2 ( Love and Rondo ) to come to the Lakers. Either both or none. IMO their games would compliment each others like PB&J. Just 1 wouldn't make no sense. Both strong rebounders. Rondo an elite passer and Love an elite catch and shooter. Also having both IMO could entice Durant in 2016.

New Power House
03-18-2015, 12:41 PM
Alonzo Mourning: And Pat Riley wasn’t gonna stop bringing pieces in to complement, you know? So why walk away from a dynasty? SLAM: You gotta ask LeBron. Alonzo Mourning: [Laughs] Yeah. That’s the question. Why walk away from a dynasty when you have to go somewhere and rebuild, basically? Then you’ve got Kevin Love, who’s not happy at all. He’s outta there. SLAM
Rumors tagsCleveland Cavaliers, Miami Heat, Free Agency, LeBron James, Pat Riley, Alonzo Mourning, Kevin Love Share on FacebookShare on TwitterSubscribe to HoopsHype rumors
Where do you think Kevin Love is going to go? LA? Alonzo Mourning: I think he’s probably going to go to LA. I could see that. SLAM
Rumors tagsCleveland Cavaliers, Los Angeles Lakers, Free Agency, Alonzo Mourning, Kevin Love Share on FacebookShare on TwitterSubscribe to HoopsHype rumors
- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.n3ejiPfk.dpuf

New Power House
03-18-2015, 12:57 PM
CLEVELAND -- Kevin Love will start for the Cleveland Cavaliers on Wednesday night against the Brooklyn Nets after skipping two games.

He firmly denied he took the time off to deal with a back issue that has been bothering him off and on throughout the season.

"Me resting had nothing to do with my back," Love said Wednesday morning. "Coach (David Blatt) had approached me. I was playing heavy minutes and he came to me and asked if I'd sit a game or two and that's all it was."

Love, who is on pace to play the fewest minutes per game in his five seasons, missed games in December and January because of back spasms. He recently said he wanted to focus on getting his back healthy before the playoffs started.

Blatt previously said Love came to him to ask for rest. Love said Wednesday it was Blatt who came to him with the idea. Either way, Love said he thinks his five days off will have a positive effect.

"I feel good. Anytime you take a couple days and a couple games in this part of the season, you come back feeling a little bit better," Love said. "Everybody is focusing on their health; everyone wants to have a full roster come playoff time. This is my first experience going through it."

Their coach does not like him and I think he will fly home. On the other hand,I got a feeling that Rondo might stay in Dallas,because Cuban is going to try everything to stop him from going to LA. I just hope I am wrong. These two will put us back in the game along with young guys and Mamba.

bluefire7002
03-18-2015, 05:52 PM
CLEVELAND -- Kevin Love will start for the Cleveland Cavaliers on Wednesday night against the Brooklyn Nets after skipping two games.

He firmly denied he took the time off to deal with a back issue that has been bothering him off and on throughout the season.

"Me resting had nothing to do with my back," Love said Wednesday morning. "Coach (David Blatt) had approached me. I was playing heavy minutes and he came to me and asked if I'd sit a game or two and that's all it was."

Love, who is on pace to play the fewest minutes per game in his five seasons, missed games in December and January because of back spasms. He recently said he wanted to focus on getting his back healthy before the playoffs started.

Blatt previously said Love came to him to ask for rest. Love said Wednesday it was Blatt who came to him with the idea. Either way, Love said he thinks his five days off will have a positive effect.

"I feel good. Anytime you take a couple days and a couple games in this part of the season, you come back feeling a little bit better," Love said. "Everybody is focusing on their health; everyone wants to have a full roster come playoff time. This is my first experience going through it."

Their coach does not like him and I think he will fly home. On the other hand,I got a feeling that Rondo might stay in Dallas,because Cuban is going to try everything to stop him from going to LA. I just hope I am wrong. These two will put us back in the game along with young guys and Mamba.

Yea if we get a solid Randle next year and we can pickup the #1,#2 pick this year along with those two guys, next to Kobe... That's right back into the playoffs.

Again thats if they are willing to play in LA for a discount.

New Power House
03-18-2015, 09:43 PM
Yea if we get a solid Randle next year and we can pickup the #1,#2 pick this year along with those two guys, next to Kobe... That's right back into the playoffs.

At least one really good player is going to come,because one the cap room and the future cap room 2016. The core is filling with young guys that can play and they just need three vets to help them grow and able to learn to close games.

TDE
03-21-2015, 06:04 PM

If u ask me, it depends. lakers can afford 3 all/stars if they can get set themselves in position.

Let's say Lakers can get 1 superstar this summer. They will be able to get 2 in 2016 (once the cap goes up and Kobe is off the books.) Lakers should definitely look to get as many quality players now without jeopardizing our chances for 2 all stars in 2016.

New Power House
03-21-2015, 07:24 PM
The cap boom that will help the rest of the league will also help the Thunder. Re-signing Kanter this summer would take them out of the bidding for top free agents in the summer of 2016, but Oklahoma City could still either have a slice of cap room or the full midlevel exception to add a quality piece. The cap could jump from $90 million in 2016-17 to as much as $105 million the year after, per league sources, giving the Thunder a chance to add again without going into the luxury tax. This depends on a bundle of variables, including whether Ibaka gets the max on his next contract. Again: The Thunder are right to be confident of their place in pole position of the Durant sweepstakes, even with Durant’s hometown Wizards hoarding cap space. But Durant is now effectively an expiring contract, and impending free agency at that late stage can take unpredictable turns. You just never know. This season was Oklahoma City’s last grasp at certainty, and it’s gone now. Grantland

Rumors tagsOklahoma City Thunder, Washington Wizards, Free Agency, Kevin Durant, Salary Cap Share on FacebookShare on TwitterSubscribe to HoopsHype rumors
- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.NNgKsXYB.dpuf

numba1CHANGsta
03-21-2015, 08:25 PM
2015-Love
2016-KD
2017-Westbrook

McAllen Tx
03-21-2015, 10:13 PM
The new CBA is gonna be big. Its not gonna be as simple as just raising the salary cap. I've read and heard comments where players want true free agency where theres no set max contracts. To each his own. Get what you can get. Owners countered with do away with guaranteed contracts. Pretty much all contracts will have both PO & TO after every year.

If this would go down major markets (Lakers) would then be ahead in the count. A true free agency (example) Lebron can sign a 3 year $150 million contràct. That's cool but can a team like OKC afford both Westbrook & Durant?

New Power House
03-22-2015, 06:10 PM
The new CBA is gonna be big. Its not gonna be as simple as just raising the salary cap. I've read and heard comments where players want true free agency where theres no set max contracts. To each his own. Get what you can get. Owners countered with do away with guaranteed contracts. Pretty much all contracts will have both PO & TO after every year.

If this would go down major markets (Lakers) would then be ahead in the count. A true free agency (example) Lebron can sign a 3 year $150 million contràct. That's cool but can a team like OKC afford both Westbrook & Durant?
Either way Lakers are back,because they own the most popular and profitable market in the entire NBA. SO Cuban and the douche from Cleveland can jsut eat their s...t. Our young players plus the cash will turn the wheel in our favor again!

numba1CHANGsta
03-23-2015, 05:55 PM
What if..

Butler and Leonard both agree to sign with the Lakers for a 1 year deal worth 10-12 mil/yr and then sign each for a close to max contract the following year. This way if the Bulls/Spurs match, they will only have them for 1 year and we can still offer them the max the following offseason.

PG-Clarkson
SG-Butler
SF-Leonard
PF-Randle
C-Towns
6th man-Kobe

GREATNESS ONE
03-23-2015, 06:11 PM
So

Town or Okafor
Love/Randle
FA
Kobe
Rondo

?

New Power House
03-23-2015, 08:08 PM

jared_thigpen Jared Thigpen
Stein said lots of frustration within Mavs, unhappy with Ellis, and isn't at all sure that either Rondo or Monta return.
3 minutes ago
Love is unhappy in Cleveland. He is being bench there in the 4th quarter.These players could be moving to a greener place this summer.

New Power House
03-23-2015, 08:15 PM
So

Town or Okafor
Love/Randle
FA
Kobe
Rondo

?
It might not be neither one of those two centers,but WCS and a SF with tons of upside. Harris can be the player to come and fill one of the empty slots in our first squad.
WCS/Asik/Black/Rookie
Davis/Randle
Harris/Rookie/Young?
Mamba/Brown/Rookie?
RONDO/Clarkson/Vet/Rookie
Worst case scenario no Harris.

Mave1002
03-23-2015, 10:34 PM
What if..

Butler and Leonard both agree to sign with the Lakers for a 1 year deal worth 10-12 mil/yr and then sign each for a close to max contract the following year. This way if the Bulls/Spurs match, they will only have them for 1 year and we can still offer them the max the following offseason.

PG-Clarkson
SG-Butler
SF-Leonard
PF-Randle
C-Towns
6th man-Kobe

Not very familiar with the RFA rules but if we could miraculously reel-in both of them, it would be a nightmare for the opposing teams' offensive game.

Mave1002
03-23-2015, 10:36 PM
So

Town or Okafor
Love/Randle
FA
Kobe
Rondo

?

Id be happy with Kevin Love, but id be ecstatic if the team could somehow get the Brow in 2 years time.

numba1CHANGsta
03-23-2015, 11:27 PM
Id be happy with Kevin Love, but id be ecstatic if the team could somehow get the Brow in 2 years time.

He's the only big man I want, he's gonna be a future HOF

GREATNESS ONE
03-24-2015, 12:07 AM
So

Brow
Love
Leonard
Kobe
Rondo

Lolz :D

numba1CHANGsta
03-24-2015, 01:10 AM
So

Brow
Love
Leonard
Kobe
Rondo

Lolz :D

LOL Rondo and Love are more likely, which sucks cuz I'd rather have Westbrook/Randle or Towns

New Power House
03-24-2015, 05:49 PM
This sounds more and more as a separation time.

Jason Lloyd: LBJ on Love's MVP remark: "I didn’t think too much of it...Kev has his own opinion who he believes is MVP. No one should fault him for that" Twitter @JasonLloydABJ

Rumors tagsCleveland Cavaliers, Oklahoma City Thunder, LeBron James, Kevin Love, Russell Westbrook Share on FacebookShare on TwitterSubscribe to HoopsHype rumors
- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.6KGDWC4p.dpuf

ldawg
03-25-2015, 05:29 AM
I am starting to think Lakers dont have any interest in building around uncertain rookies. I really think they are going to go hard after Rhondo and Love.

Rhondo,Lin,rookie
Kobe,Clarkston,rookie
rookie,young,johnson
Love,Randle,kelly
Davis,Hill,rookie

New Power House
03-25-2015, 05:46 PM
[QUOTE=ldawg;29763351]I am starting to think Lakers dont have any interest in building around uncertain rookies. I really think they are going to go hard after Rhondo and Love.

Rhondo,Clarkson,vet, Rookie? Mudi or Rusell?
Kobe,Ellington,Brown
Randle,Johnson,Rookie (Houston?)
Love,Davis,kelly
WCS or better, Asik if not first pick,Black,SAcre
Better and very possible,but having Randle the LAkers might concentrate on getting a beter deal at the 3 withHarris or someone at thaat level,so Randle stays at his natural position. I would like Love personally,because he can shoot the 3 and rebounds really good. He does not like the idea of being on the bench in Cleveland in the 4th quarter. They ,I think do not like the idea of max him,beccuase it complicates things for them to keep that roster. It will be interesting also because He and GAsol will be target by several teams. NY,SA,Houston,Miami and us among others.

ldawg
03-25-2015, 09:30 PM
[QUOTE=ldawg;29763351]I am starting to think Lakers dont have any interest in building around uncertain rookies. I really think they are going to go hard after Rhondo and Love.

Rhondo,Clarkson,vet, Rookie? Mudi or Rusell?
Kobe,Ellington,Brown
Randle,Johnson,Rookie (Houston?)
Love,Davis,kelly
WCS or better, Asik if not first pick,Black,SAcre
Better and very possible,but having Randle the LAkers might concentrate on getting a beter deal at the 3 withHarris or someone at thaat level,so Randle stays at his natural position. I would like Love personally,because he can shoot the 3 and rebounds really good. He does not like the idea of being on the bench in Cleveland in the 4th quarter. They ,I think do not like the idea of max him,beccuase it complicates things for them to keep that roster. It will be interesting also because He and GAsol will be target by several teams. NY,SA,Houston,Miami and us among others. Lakers really need to evaluate Randle legs. Not to jump the gun but Randle have been somewhat injury prone coming into the league. If Lakers think this is going to be a Bynum situation all over again they need to cut ties early. But i would like him off the bench behind Love until he show he can stay healthy.

New Power House
03-26-2015, 01:27 AM
But several sources close to the situation in Cleveland claim that LeBron has tried to make it work but that he's frustrated by Love's inability and in some ways unwillingness to get with the program. Remember, LeBron pushed the Cavs to trade Wiggins to the Timberwolves to acquire Love, who could be one and done in Cleveland. New York Daily News

Rumors tagsCleveland Cavaliers, LeBron James, Kevin Love Share on FacebookShare on TwitterSubscribe to HoopsHype rumors
- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.Z3JWbERM.dpuf

Love wants to be more relevant than just a simple side kick or third wheel?

New Power House
03-26-2015, 01:30 AM
Another possible free agent:

Brook Lopez has the most important decision of his career coming up. And if you believe him, he’s barely thought about it. “(My agent and I) haven’t really honestly had a lot of sit-down discussions and talked about it,” Lopez told Joe Benigno & Evan Roberts on WFAN radio Wednesday. The Brooklyn Game
Rumors tagsBrooklyn Nets, Free Agency, Brook Lopez Share on FacebookShare on TwitterSubscribe to HoopsHype rumors
The “it” in that sentence is his option. Lopez has a player option for next year; if he opts in with the Brooklyn Nets, he’ll earn $16.8 million next season, and become an unrestricted free agent in 2016. If he opts out, he’ll have the chance to re-negotiate his contract, with the Nets or elsewhere, and secure long-term security with a multi-year deal. “(My agent has) reminded me every now and then that that is coming up, the option and there’s opportunities there, but that’s not something I’m focusing on now,” Lopez said. The Brooklyn Game
Rumors tagsBrooklyn Nets, Free Agency, Brook Lopez Share on FacebookShare on TwitterSubscribe to HoopsHype rumors
His improved play has also coincided with the passing of the trade deadline. Lopez has stated numerous times on the record that he’s comfortable and happy in Brooklyn, and says he doesn’t pay attention to the trade rumors, but knows that he’s been “on the block” almost since his first day in Brooklyn. “I think (being on the block) is motivation in a way,” Lopez said. “I like going on the court and showing people what kind of player I can be and the type of player I think I am.” The Brooklyn Game
Rumors tagsBrooklyn Nets, Free Agency, Trade, Brook Lopez Share on FacebookShare on TwitterSubscribe to HoopsHype rumors
- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.Z3JWbERM.dpuf

deadman8586
03-26-2015, 10:45 AM
I think we are going to screw this up in some way.

New Power House
03-26-2015, 02:35 PM
March 26, 2015 | 01:40 PM ET Update

The narrative around HEAT guard Goran Dragic is that he is going to look at the marketplace this summer. The HEAT are said to believe they have the inside track on a new deal, but it’s going to cost them a ton and Goran’s camp intends to maximize his next deal even if that means leaving Miami. Basketball Insiders
Rumors tagsMiami Heat, Free Agency, Goran Dragic Share on FacebookShare on TwitterSubscribe to HoopsHype rumors
The narrative around Mavericks guard Rajon Rondo is that he is going to explore free agency. While Rondo has said several times that staying in Dallas long-term is a very serious option he’ll consider, those around Rondo are saying the fit in Dallas has been less than stellar and that he’ll explore his options. The Mavericks can and likely will offer more money on an annual basis, but there is a sense that Rondo will finish out the season and see what other options are available to him before making a decision. A return to Dallas isn’t out of the question, but there is a sense that Rondo may have at least half a foot out the door. Basketball Insiders
Rumors tagsDallas Mavericks, Free Agency, Rajon Rondo Share on FacebookShare on TwitterSubscribe to HoopsHype rumors
HEAT forward Luol Deng hasn’t exactly set the world on fire in Miami, but he’s been serviceable. There is a sense that given Deng’s age and his injury history, that he’s going to opt for free agency in July and try to secure a longer-term deal. That may not be with Miami. Basketball Insiders
Rumors tagsMiami Heat, Free Agency, Luol Deng Share on FacebookShare on TwitterSubscribe to HoopsHype rumors
The Reggie Jackson situation is a tough one to read. Since Greg Monroe went down to knee injury, Jackson has been on fire, logging double-double type numbers. The problem is the Pistons have regressed a lot since acquiring Jackson, making his future in Detroit murky at best. Sources close to the process say the team is still very committed to keeping Jackson long-term and does plan on making a sizable free agent offer. Basketball Insiders
Rumors tagsDetroit Pistons, Free Agency, Reggie Jackson Share on FacebookShare on TwitterSubscribe to HoopsHype rumors
- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.kpu0zUcC.dpuf

Three of the four possible guards that the Lakers will pursue this summer depending on the draft results. Buy the cheapest,but with more skills to,run the team. RONDO!

New Power House
03-26-2015, 02:47 PM
I think we are going to screw this up in some way.

Why? Even if we loose the pick,the future still bright. Because,Clarkson's development is giving us a player that clearly is a first round and so far a high one for peanuts.randle,if he returns healthy,he is a player that will perform at the level of the best in his draft. Plus three more picks with the Houston pick we kind of recovered the probable lost of this year's' pick. Personally I do not think that we are going to loose the pick. If the NBA bumps us it will be one step down and that is the pick five which still give us a decent pick. Then the cash which is a pretty decent amount of money to Hun for at least one max player if there is one the Lakers want to get. No I do not think they will screw this year. Just by compiling the young core of players that they are nurturing now the future looks fine to me.
Davis,Black,Brown,Randle, Elingtong and Clarkson are a solid bunch that added to the picks with some vets could make some noise.

deadman8586
03-26-2015, 04:53 PM
Why? Even if we loose the pick,the future still bright. Because,Clarkson's development is giving us a player that clearly is a first round and so far a high one for peanuts.randle,if he returns healthy,he is a player that will perform at the level of the best in his draft. Plus three more picks with the Houston pick we kind of recovered the probable lost of this year's' pick. Personally I do not think that we are going to loose the pick. If the NBA bumps us it will be one step down and that is the pick five which still give us a decent pick. Then the cash which is a pretty decent amount of money to Hun for at least one max player if there is one the Lakers want to get. No I do not think they will screw this year. Just by compiling the young core of players that they are nurturing now the future looks fine to me.
Davis,Black,Brown,Randle, Elingtong and Clarkson are a solid bunch that added to the picks with some vets could make some noise.

I hope so I'm just a little nervous that's all because we all want to win again.

Mave1002
03-26-2015, 10:02 PM
Okay, to be honest, I was really high with Rondo and Love like 1-2 years ago but yeah. Used to be like that.

Currently though, given the opportunity, id still rather have the two over Lopez and Dragic. Theyre good players but well.. theyre good players. I think theyve reached their ceiling. Too expensive too. Wouldnt want to overpay when KD and AD are just around the corner waiting to be hired by the Lakers. Haha.

Anyhow, we wont ever see the Wolf-like Love in Cleveland behind LBJ and Kyrie but I think he could regain his old form if paired with an elite facilitator like Rajon Rondo.

That'd be a sick combo.

Add:

1.) a solid back-up in Jordan Clarkson (and Ed Davis for the RIGHT price)
2.) a top 5 (Stanley Johnson or WCS)
3.) The returning T-Rex and another 1st pick via HOU (Hopefully to Philly for Joel EMbiid)
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=p7t5fen
4.) A quality free-agent for the SF position (Danny Green or Derrick Williams)

and youve got a contending team.

Embiid-WCS
Love-Davis-Black
FA-JRich-GR3
Kobe-Young-Brown
Rondo-Clarkson

New Power House
03-27-2015, 08:54 PM
I hope so I'm just a little nervous that's all because we all want to win again.

I am sure that eventhough we have tons of enemies that want to see our team down, our history and market value force them to bend down and the cap is going to benefit us.

New Power House
03-28-2015, 03:01 PM
Windhorst talked about Love and Westbrook’s relationship because Love recently said his former UCLA teammate was having a better season than LeBron James when the MVP race was discussed on the Dan Patrick Show. Windhorst said the following, around the 37;48 mark of the podcast: “Love enjoys Westbrook. they have a relationship. there’s a conspiracy theory that exists out there that Kevin Love will go to the Lakers this summer, or next summer, and then Westbrook will join him when he’s a free agent, and they will reunite in LA, like they played for UCLA. The guy, the star player he has the best relationship in the league with is Westbrook.” Factory of Sadness

Rumors tagsCleveland Cavaliers, Oklahoma City Thunder, Free Agency, LeBron James, Russell Westbrook Share on FacebookShare on TwitterSubscribe to HoopsHype rumors
- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.qHH8tw96.dpuf

Let the rumors roll! WHat do the douches of the NBA would do if this ever happen? Cuban will die!

BrewinRamLakers
07-09-2015, 06:23 PM
Supposed to keep increasing. :dance: