PDA

View Full Version : Ranking the Finals MVP (Post MJ)

Chronz
03-11-2015, 01:23 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/awards/finals_mvp.html

Duncan vs the Knicks, Nets, Pistons
Shaq vs the Pacers, Nets, Sixers
Kobe vs Celtics, Magic
Bron vs Thunder, Spurs
Dirk, Kawhi, Wade, Parker and Pierce with one each

Top 5, Top-10, what say you?

FraziersKnicks
03-11-2015, 01:44 PM
1. Shaq 1999-00
2. TD 2002-03
3. Shaq 2000-01
4. Shaq 2001-02
5. TD 1998-99
6. LBJ 2012-13
7. LBJ 2011-12
8. Wade 2005-06
9. TD 2004-05
10. Dirk 2010-11
11. Kobe 2008-09
12. Kobe 2009-10
13. Pierce 2007-08
14. Parker 2006-07
15. Billups 2003-04
16. Kawhi 2013-14

Something along those lines.

Spanklin
03-11-2015, 01:44 PM
Shaq. No reason to mention anyone else.

Goose17
03-11-2015, 02:00 PM
'00 and '01 Shaq, '03 Duncan and '06 Wade are my top 4. Kobe in '09, LeBron in 2012 and 2011 Dirk are fighting for that 5th spot. I'm not sure who to put there.

Reasoning;

2000 Shaq;

Just utter dominance like I had never seen before. I mean first look at the numbers; 38, 16.7 and 2.7 on 61% from the field. I run the risk of being attacked by Kobe fangirls here but let me be clear, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Shaq carried that Lakers team. Yes he had help and yes teams win championships, not individuals. But he was just so utterly dominating. Meanwhile Kobe was still just a kid, I think he averaged about 15 points per game in that series (correct me if I'm wrong, pulling that from memory can't be bothered to google it and check). Shaq dropped something like 40 and 20 in game 1, then came the hack-a-shaq. Game six he had 41 points and double digit rebounds again. I mean outside of the hack-a-shaq they couldn't slow him down. Shaq was just sheer dominance that year.

2001 Shaq;

Make no mistake, for me, this wasn't the Lakers vs Philly. This was Shaq vs the 4 time defensive player of the year, Dikembe Mutombo. And guess what? Shaq won. No, sorry, Shaq ate Mutombo alive. Shaq almost had a quadruple double in one of those games. He averaged 33 points, 15.8 rebounds, 4.8 assists and 3.4 blocks. Again, it was just dominance.

2003 Duncan;

Disclaimer; My second favourite player of all time so there is some bias here. But how can you argue against a guy that average 24 points, 17 rebounds, 5 assists and 5 blocks (I think the blocks is the highest average of any finals MVP?). Sort of the end of an era (Robinson) and the start of a new one (Timmy). The Nets couldn't compare to San Antonio, the fact that they dethroned the Lakers was arguably more impressive lmao. Loved the series though and Duncan was a beast.

2006 Wade;

What can I say? Miami lost the first two, down 2-0 in the series It's now game three, and Miami are down by like 13/14 points. There's six minutes left in the game and Wade just flips the switch. Heat win by two points and never look back as they go on to win the next three games with Wade dropping 30+ in each game and even breaking the 40 point mark at one point. He played well on both ends of the court and carried his team offensively (I don't think any of the other players averaged more than like 14/15 points in that series). Stepped up when his team needed him and played with a competitiveness that could rival the greats, uber aggressive, got to the line a lot, never quit. A true MVP.

nickdymez
03-11-2015, 02:40 PM
Without getting all deep because I don't have time, I think that Wade's finals was the greatest I've ever seen considering how young he was and how good that Dallas team was.

Hawkeye15
03-11-2015, 02:41 PM
Without getting all deep because I don't have time, I think that Wade's finals was the greatest I've ever seen considering how young he was and how good that Dallas team was.

yeah, me too. Without looking into it much, I just know Wade was incredible that finals.

Slug3
03-11-2015, 02:44 PM
are we ranking the players and who won a MVP or their performances in the finals to get an MVP?

nastynice
03-11-2015, 02:48 PM

lol, pretty much this. So dominant

cmellofan15
03-11-2015, 03:00 PM
I'll go into this deeper later tonight, but Shaq has to have best Finals MVPs runs in this group. Wade's was phenomenal as well, but Shaq was on another level. after that I'd have to look on the list and put a real post together.

Sactown
03-11-2015, 03:06 PM
Are we ranking their performanfe based on sheer numbers or factoring in competition? Because what Shaq did against the kings is much more impressive that what he did against Philly or the Nets.. they were just a technicality in getting the ring lol

FlashBolt
03-11-2015, 03:10 PM
Wade took 25/21/18 free throws in the three highest scoring games of those finals. I'm not going to discredit him but it wasn't the dominance Shaq imposed. Not even close.

Goose17
03-11-2015, 03:15 PM
Wade took 25/21/18 free throws in the three highest scoring games of those finals. I'm not going to discredit him but it wasn't the dominance Shaq imposed. Not even close.

Being aggressive and getting to the free throw line is a good thing, converting those shots is important. Imagine if Shaq had converted on 70% of his free throws? I mean he had 39 FTA against Indiana in game 2.

I'm not saying Shaq's run wasn't more impressive. Just that free throws doesn't seem like a legit reason imo.

KnicksorBust
03-11-2015, 03:26 PM
I'm having a tough time sorting through the multiple Shaq/Duncan years but just by players:

#1.) Wade
#2.) Shaq
#3.) Duncan
#4.) Dirk
#5.) LeBron

FlashBolt
03-11-2015, 03:44 PM
Being aggressive and getting to the free throw line is a good thing, converting those shots is important. Imagine if Shaq had converted on 70% of his free throws? I mean he had 39 FTA against Indiana in game 2.

I'm not saying Shaq's run wasn't more impressive. Just that free throws doesn't seem like a legit reason imo.

Yeah, but that shouldn't equate to thee sheer dominance that Shaq literally had. Going to FT line to score more than half of your points isn't really impressive by any measure to me. Especially, since there were plenty of calls that shouldn't have gone Wade's way. They fouled Shaq on purpose. Wade wasn't fouled intentionally. Shaq dominated them to the point where it made sense to foul him.

ewing
03-11-2015, 03:51 PM

the NBA ruined the playoffs and finals that year. It was the year after Artest decided run into the stands and the league went crazy. I think the NBA suspended 4 different guys in the first round. They were calling hand checks intentional fouls. I am not saying Wade isn't great, he is, i think the entire season was tainted and that finals was unwatchable b/c of it

IKnowHoops
03-11-2015, 04:07 PM
Wade's performance was for sure the best by a wing. Shaq was just so dominate putting up 40/20 numbers. I'd have to go off the top of my head

Shaq
Wade
Bron
Tim

I wasn't very impressed with Dirk in the finals. He played like crap a couple games and Dallas still won them. Kobe's second ring was the worst MVP performance I have ever seen. His first one was good though.

Goose17
03-11-2015, 04:13 PM
the NBA ruined the playoffs and finals that year. It was the year after Artest decided run into the stands and the league went crazy. I think the NBA suspended 4 different guys in the first round. They were calling hand checks intentional fouls. I am not saying Wade isn't great, he is, i think the entire season was tainted and that finals was unwatchable b/c of it

I disagree wholeheartedly. Wade put on the best performance by a wing player since Jordan. And it was one of my favourite finals series of the modern era. It was far from unwatchable.

Goose17
03-11-2015, 04:15 PM
Yeah, but that shouldn't equate to thee sheer dominance that Shaq literally had. Going to FT line to score more than half of your points isn't really impressive by any measure to me. Especially, since there were plenty of calls that shouldn't have gone Wade's way. They fouled Shaq on purpose. Wade wasn't fouled intentionally. Shaq dominated them to the point where it made sense to foul him.

Wade wasn't fouled intentionally, that sort of makes it more impressive that he was able to draw those fouls. Being aggressive and drawing fouls is a big part of the game. And on some of those plays he WAS fouled intentionally, because they couldn't contain him, they couldn't stop him. So they would just foul him and send him to the free throw line.

Again, not saying it's as dominant as Shaq, not even close imo. But as far as wing players go it was one of the best performances all time and certainly the best post-Jordan.

ewing
03-11-2015, 04:15 PM
I disagree wholeheartedly. Wade put on the best performance by a wing player since Jordan. And it was one of my favourite finals series of the modern era. It was far from unwatchable.

i guess you enjoy watching guys shoot free throws

Goose17
03-11-2015, 04:23 PM
i guess you enjoy watching guys shoot free throws

Not at all. I enjoy watching guys dominate. That's exactly what he did. If they could defend him properly they wouldn't have had to foul him. He forced them to foul him, rather than give up the two points. Blame the defenders for being crap at defending, not Wade for being uber aggressive and elite.

ewing
03-11-2015, 04:28 PM
Not at all. I enjoy watching guys dominate. That's exactly what he did. If they could defend him properly they wouldn't have had to foul him. He forced them to foul him, rather than give up the two points. Blame the defenders for being crap at defending, not Wade for being uber aggressive and elite.

The guy is great, the officiating in the series and through the 2006 playoffs was garbage. I'm not saying it favored either team just that it sucked.

Goose17
03-11-2015, 04:30 PM
The guy is great, the officiating in the series and through the 2006 playoffs was garbage. I'm not saying it favored either team just that it sucked.

The officiating always sucks. That doesn't make his performance any less impressive. It makes the officiating bad.

FlashBolt
03-11-2015, 04:37 PM
Wade wasn't fouled intentionally, that sort of makes it more impressive that he was able to draw those fouls. Being aggressive and drawing fouls is a big part of the game. And on some of those plays he WAS fouled intentionally, because they couldn't contain him, they couldn't stop him. So they would just foul him and send him to the free throw line.

Again, not saying it's as dominant as Shaq, not even close imo. But as far as wing players go it was one of the best performances all time and certainly the best post-Jordan.

That's what I'm saying. Wade wasn't fouled intentionally but those calls were fishy. I'm not going to lie, Wade had plenty of calls that just scratched my head. You mentioned 39 FT's for Shaq and that's why I brought that up. I'm only responding to the people who think Wade's Finals performance was better than Shaq. Shaq's stat line and dominance can't be matched.

Goose17
03-11-2015, 04:44 PM
That's what I'm saying. Wade wasn't fouled intentionally but those calls were fishy. I'm not going to lie, Wade had plenty of calls that just scratched my head. You mentioned 39 FT's for Shaq and that's why I brought that up. I'm only responding to the people who think Wade's Finals performance was better than Shaq. Shaq's stat line and dominance can't be matched.

I agree.

FlashBolt
03-11-2015, 04:44 PM
http://i.gyazo.com/3d52e3154ccb7d86952c65fda925e930.gif

Wade had two really bad games. His 43 point game was again, free throws and an OT. Not saying it's not worthy but we have to take into account that Shaq literally never had a bad game.

Goose17
03-11-2015, 04:57 PM
http://i.gyazo.com/3d52e3154ccb7d86952c65fda925e930.gif

Wade had two really bad games. His 43 point game was again, free throws and an OT. Not saying it's not worthy but we have to take into account that Shaq literally never had a bad game.

Sure. Box score surfing might have you thinking that. But did you actually watch the series? Nobody else on that Miami team was averaging over 14/15ppg. Not one. They were getting knocked about until game 3 when Wade won them the game in 6 minutes of stellar play, absolute clutch.

I have NEVER said it was better than what Shaq did. I said citing free throws as the reason it wasn't as dominant is wrong. The reason it wasn't as dominant is simple... it wasn't as dominant. End of.

Shaq was a freak of nature and one of the top 5 players in his position ALL TIME. Very few people are competing with that. Duncan is the only other guy post MJ that I would consider.

FlashBolt
03-11-2015, 05:06 PM
Sure. Box score surfing might have you thinking that. But did you actually watch the series? Nobody else on that Miami team was averaging over 14/15ppg. Not one. They were getting knocked about until game 3 when Wade won them the game in 6 minutes of stellar play, absolute clutch.

I have NEVER said it was better than what Shaq did. I said citing free throws as the reason it wasn't as dominant is wrong. The reason it wasn't as dominant is simple... it wasn't as dominant. End of.

Shaq was a freak of nature and one of the top 5 players in his position ALL TIME. Very few people are competing with that. Duncan is the only other guy post MJ that I would consider.

Lol, what does that have to do with Wade's performance? If you wanna use the teammates argument, Dirk had an awful series and only Terry shot above 45%. That game you mentioned wasn't even the two games in which I said he wasn't very good in.. Not sure why you even brought that up.

Again, where did I quote you on that topic? I'm not talking to you at that point. Stop thinking it was directed towards you. End of. You're arguing with the wrong person here.

Goose17
03-11-2015, 05:26 PM
Lol, what does that have to do with Wade's performance? If you wanna use the teammates argument, Dirk had an awful series and only Terry shot above 45%. That game you mentioned wasn't even the two games in which I said he wasn't very good in.. Not sure why you even brought that up.

Again, where did I quote you on that topic? I'm not talking to you at that point. Stop thinking it was directed towards you. End of. You're arguing with the wrong person here.

I bring it up because he carried his team. He won them that ring. There's been very few individual performances like that in a finals series.

And if you're not talking to me who were you talking to? You should quote the person you are responding to otherwise it is presumed you are talking to the OP or the most recent poster. The latter of which was me.

Thumper 88
03-11-2015, 05:29 PM
Those refs tho

FlashBolt
03-11-2015, 05:44 PM
I bring it up because he carried his team. He won them that ring. There's been very few individual performances like that in a finals series.

And if you're not talking to me who were you talking to? You should quote the person you are responding to otherwise it is presumed you are talking to the OP or the most recent poster. The latter of which was me.

What kind of logic is this? If I quote you, I'm speaking directly in response to you. If I'm not quoting you, I'm just adding more info to the thread. There's a reason why there is a quote feature, no?

FlashBolt
03-11-2015, 05:48 PM

You brought up his bad teammates but Dallas didn't play well either. It makes up for it. It's not as if Dirk was playing amazing.

Goose17
03-11-2015, 06:21 PM
What kind of logic is this? If I quote you, I'm speaking directly in response to you. If I'm not quoting you, I'm just adding more info to the thread. There's a reason why there is a quote feature, no?

It read like a reply to the Wade discussion which you had already taken part in. Not a separate throwaway comment.

mightybosstone
03-11-2015, 06:31 PM
I'd probably go something like this:
1. Shaq (2000)
2. Wade (2006)
3. Duncan (2003)
4. Shaq (2001)
5. Lebron (2012)
6. Dirk (2011)
7. Kobe (2009)
8. Shaq (2002)
9. Lebron (2013)
10. Duncan (1999)
11. Duncan (2005)
12. Pierce (2008)
13. Billups (2004)
14. Leonard (2014)
15. Parker (2007)
16. Bryant (2010)

This was a pretty quick list made from numbers in their respective series and the significance of the opponent. Shaq's numbers in 2002, for example, were ridiculous, but their series (a 4-0 domination of the Nets) was totally underwhelming. I give bonus points for Duncan in 2003 for essentially winning a title without a single legitimate No. 2, to Shaq for putting up those numbers against Mutombo in 2001 and Lebron for overcoming his previously underwhelming Finals performance with a monster series against arguably the greatest opponent of his career (Durant).

I ranked the bottom five so low because I thought there were other players on their respective teams that could have easily won the award that year. I gave Billups and Leonard a little more credit than they probably deserve because of the quality of their opponents, facing the two best teams of the last 15 years (early 2000s Lakers and early 2010s Heat). Bryant's 2010 Finals could probably be a few spots higher, but his numbers were fairly inefficient, and his Game 7 was among one of the weaker Game 7 performances from a superstar in a Finals that I can recall.

Tony_Starks
03-11-2015, 06:36 PM
Are we ranking their performanfe based on sheer numbers or factoring in competition? Because what Shaq did against the kings is much more impressive that what he did against Philly or the Nets.. they were just a technicality in getting the ring lol

This is how I see it as well. During the threepeat I judge Shaqs productivity by what he did in the Western Finals against Spurs, Kings, Blazers. The was the real championship competition, the Finals was a formality.

From that list I got Paul Pierce, Wade, Kobe (Boston),and Dirk finals MVPs being the most impressive competition wise. I lean toward Kobes being the best for the simple fact it went 7 games and in the last game even though he shot horribly still grabbed like 15 boards and scored 10 in the fourth. But they're interchangeable as far as I'm concerned. Dirk shocked everybody, Wades performance was instant classic, and Pierce was just a display of big shot after shot for a entire series......

mightybosstone
03-11-2015, 06:52 PM
This is how I see it as well. During the threepeat I judge Shaqs productivity by what he did in the Western Finals against Spurs, Kings, Blazers. The was the real championship competition, the Finals was a formality.

From that list I got Paul Pierce, Wade, Kobe (Boston),and Dirk finals MVPs being the most impressive competition wise. I lean toward Kobes being the best for the simple fact it went 7 games and in the last game even though he shot horribly still grabbed like 15 boards and scored 10 in the fourth. But they're interchangeable as far as I'm concerned. Dirk shocked everybody, Wades performance was instant classic, and Pierce was just a display of big shot after shot for a entire series......

Wow.... Even for you, this post is insanely biased toward Kobe. You ranked easily two of the worst Finals MVPs of the last 20-25 years in your top four, and both of them involved Kobe Bryant. :facepalm:

Hell, you could make a strong, strong case that Kobe shouldn't have even won the Finals MVP in 2010, and it should have gone to Gasol. If you want to talk about his impressive Finals performances, you'd have a much, much better case for 2009 Kobe. THAT was a dominant series performance.

FlashBolt
03-11-2015, 07:02 PM
Lol @ Kobe 2010 being the best. I'm not sure what kind of drugs are out there these days but Tony_Starks is probably on the best one.

HeatFan
03-11-2015, 07:35 PM
I'll go with Wade. I understand all the ref comments and so much free throws. Dallas was less than a quarter away from going 3-0, and winning comfortably. Then came the Heat lead by Wade with 42/36/43/46 performances to seal the deal. Many players in those circumstances would have already been mentally defeated and planning the summer vacations. Then went on the road in game 6 to win it in Dallas. It was a gutsy performance.

ManRam
03-11-2015, 07:41 PM

Yes. The series going 7 games is totally a good thing!

FlashBolt
03-11-2015, 07:42 PM

It is.. until we're comparing LBJ vs Jordan and these same people will say, "Jordan never went to a game 7 in the Finals."

Tony_Starks
03-11-2015, 07:57 PM

Wow.... Even for you, this post is insanely biased toward Kobe. You ranked easily two of the worst Finals MVPs of the last 20-25 years in your top four, and both of them involved Kobe Bryant. :facepalm:

Hell, you could make a strong, strong case that Kobe shouldn't have even won the Finals MVP in 2010, and it should have gone to Gasol. If you want to talk about his impressive Finals performances, you'd have a much, much better case for 2009 Kobe. THAT was a dominant series performance.

I like how you totally left out the part that I placed high value on the competition, and also said Dirk Wade Kobe Pierces performances were interchangeable as well.

Keep cherry picking tho.....

Also you talking bias? Coming from the guy who's response to anything Houston related is "why is this a thread" and/or a formal complaint? Comedy.

Tony_Starks
03-11-2015, 08:02 PM

Indicates the teams are pretty evenly matched with the deciding game usually going to the best player in the series?.......

FlashBolt
03-11-2015, 08:23 PM
Indicates the teams are pretty evenly matched with the deciding game usually going to the best player in the series?.......

Or... indicating that Kobe underperformed and it went to seven games?

mightybosstone
03-11-2015, 08:31 PM
I like how you totally left out the part that I placed high value on the competition, and also said Dirk Wade Kobe Pierces performances were interchangeable as well.

Keep cherry picking tho.....
See, and that just comes off as ignorant. No self respecting non-Celtics or Lakers fan would put Pierce's Finals MVP in the same conversation as Wade or Dirk's. It's not even close. That Finals MVP could have gone to any one of Pierce, Allen or Garnett. Garnett's defense was the most integral piece to that team's success and Allen's numbers in that series were just totally ridiculous. Also Pierce's Game 6 was just "meh" while Allen and KG both had dominating performances. Meanwhile Dirk and Wade were so clearly the most dominant players on either team in their respective series, not just their own teams.

If an award was a coin flip between multiple players on the same team, that award wasn't nearly that impressive.

Also you talking bias? Coming from the guy who's response to anything Houston related is "why is this a thread" and/or a formal complaint? Comedy.
I post comments like that in a LOT of threads. And I often post similar comments in non-Rockets related threads. The only reasons you notice it more in Rockets threads are: 1. You're looking for excuses to rip on Rockets fans, 2. There's a lot of Rockets hate in these forums, and 3. I'm more inclined to post in Rockets-related threads. That doesn't make me biased. It's just common sense.

SportsFanatic10
03-11-2015, 08:44 PM

Obviously I'm a Heat fan and am going to go with Wade, but it's not without basis. He at least deserves mention, his performance cannot just be dismissed...

Game 1
28 PTS | 6 REB | 6 AST | 4 STL | 1 BLK | 44 FG%

Game 2
23 PTS | 8 REB | 3 AST | 3 STL | 2 | BLK 32 FG%

Game 3
42 PTS | 13 REB | 2 AST | 2 STL | 0 BLK | 54 FG%

Game 4
36 PTS | 6 REB | 3 AST | 1 STL | 1 BLK | 57 FG%

Game 5
43 PTS | 4 REB | 4 AST | 3 STL | 0 BLK | 39 FG%

Game 6
36 PTS | 10 REB | 5 AST | 4 STL | 3 BLK | 56 FG%

Averages In the 4 Straight Wins:

39 PTS | 8 REB | 4 AST | 3 STL | 1 BLK | 52 FG%

"It's hard to overstate how awesome Wade was in leading the Heat to their lone championship, particularly in the final four games when Miami rallied from a 2-0 deficit to stun the Mavs.

Wade started the comeback by leading the Heat back from a 13-point fourth quarter deficit in Game 3, scoring 12 points in the final 6 minutes to send the game to OT. He also made the biggest play of the series with his crazy dribbling foray to the rim at the end of overtime in Game 5 that -- controversially -- earned a whistle from referee Bennett Salvatore and a trip to the line for the winning free throws.

For the series, Wade averaged 34.7 points, 7.8 rebounds, 3.8 assists and 2.7 steals -- and this in a slow-paced series (neither team cleared the century mark in regulation in any of the six games). His basket attacks were so deadly because the Mavs couldn't stop fouling him. Wade shot a whopping 97 free throws in the six games -- the most of any player since the merger -- including 25 in Game 5.

Overall, Wade's 33.8 PER is easily the best of any Finals performer since the merger. While it seems strange to have somebody besides Michael Jordan in the top spot, the truth is Jordan never dominated a Finals to this extent. At the time, many called Wade's performance Jordanesque. It turns out they might have been selling him short."

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2012/story/_/page/FinalsPerformances-1/greatest-finals-performances-no-1

And in just his 3rd season, sure I'm probably biased but many others would agree as well. D-Wade has a great case at the very least.

gatkins11
03-11-2015, 08:52 PM
yeah, me too. Without looking into it much, I just know Wade was incredible that finals.

Yep. Great free throw shooter. Lol.

JordansBulls
03-11-2015, 10:04 PM
1. Shaq 1999-00
2. TD 2002-03
3. Shaq 2000-01
4. Shaq 2001-02
5. TD 1998-99
6. LBJ 2012-13
7. LBJ 2011-12
8. Wade 2005-06
9. TD 2004-05
10. Dirk 2010-11
11. Kobe 2008-09
12. Kobe 2009-10
13. Pierce 2007-08
14. Parker 2006-07
15. Billups 2003-04
16. Kawhi 2013-14

Something along those lines.
There is no way in hell that Wade's 2006 finals is below 2nd on the list in the 2000's.

Bring The Heat
03-11-2015, 10:10 PM
oh man I can't believe somebody would consider Kobes 2010 finals performance The best lol.. That's extremely biased.. For sure has to be a laker/Kobe fan... You can even argue gasol shoulda been the mvp that series

nastynice
03-11-2015, 10:17 PM
Yep. Great free throw shooter. Lol.

lol, true, but he still KILLED it in that finals. He was so clutch in game 3, 5, and 6. He was complete beasting out there

naps
03-12-2015, 03:13 AM
Wade without looking too much into it. Being down 0-2 in the series , down 13 points 6 mins left in game 3, the way he took over from that point on, I have never seen anyone dominating finals like that. He put up a show for ages throughout the series. Arguably the greatest finals performances ever.

ewing
03-12-2015, 08:18 AM
oh man I can't believe somebody would consider Kobes 2010 finals performance The best lol.. That's extremely biased.. For sure has to be a laker/Kobe fan... You can even argue gasol shoulda been the mvp that series

I thought Gasol was the best player in the series and i am a big Kobe fan (a gasol guy too but still)