PDA

View Full Version : Adding a D league player?

New Power House
03-10-2015, 02:47 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski: Lakers are planning to sign D-League guard Jabari Brown to a 10-day contract, league source tells Yahoo Sports. He plays with LA Defenders. Twitter @WojYahooNBA
Rumors tagsLos Angeles Lakers, D-League, Jabari Brown Share on FacebookShare on TwitterSubscribe to HoopsHype rumors
Bill Oram: Signing Jabari Brown to 10-day “in the works” per Byron Scott. Twitter @billoram
Rumors tagsLos Angeles Lakers, D-League, Jabari Brown Share on FacebookShare on TwitterSubscribe to HoopsHype rumors
Mark Medina: Jabari Brown is out on the Lakers practice floor Twitter @MarkG_Medina
- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.bSeM0e7V.dpuf

How is he? Can he help to dersail our tank?

angelsfan1984
03-10-2015, 06:25 PM
He's lighting it up in the D-League...could be dangerous move for the tank. He played with Clarkson at Missouri

lakers4sh0
03-10-2015, 06:52 PM
hopefully not enough to win us a game away from a top 5 pick

Iron24th
03-10-2015, 07:57 PM
I'm sure he can solidify the tank.

New Power House
03-10-2015, 08:43 PM
The Los Angeles Lakers have signed guard Jabari Brown to a 10-day contract, it was announced today by General Manager Mitch Kupchak. Brown, who was most recently a member of the Lakers NBA Development League affiliate, the Los Angeles D-Fenders, joins the team after leading the D-League in scoring at 24.4 points per game to go along with 4.1 rebounds and 2.2 assists in 39 games (25 starts). A 2015 NBA D-League All-Star, Brown tallied two of the highest single-game scoring outputs in the D-League this season, finishing with 50 points on January 10th at Sioux Falls and 48 points on February 28th versus Bakersfield. NBA.com
Rumors tagsLos Angeles Lakers, Free Agency, Jabari Brown
The Lakers roster now stands at 16 players after being granted a hardship waiver exception from the NBA. NBA.com
Rumors tagsLos Angeles Lakers, Free Agency, Jabari Brown
Mark Medina: Byron said Jabari should be able to join team on bench tonight. But he will most likely start playing on Thursday Twitter @MarkG_Medina
Rumors tagsLos Angeles Lakers, Jabari Brown
Jabari Brown, a 6’4” rookie out of Missouri and a teammate of Lakers guard Jordan Clarkson last season in college, averaged 19.9 points, 4.4 rebounds and 1.9 assists in 2013-14 before declaring himself eligible for the 2014 NBA Draft. An Oakland, Calif. native, Brown later signed with the Lakers for NBA training camp in 2014. NBA.com
Rumors tagsLos Angeles Lakers, Jordan Clarkson, Jabari Brown
- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/los_angeles_lakers#sthash.tHlefQAi.dpuf

Done!

mufridaz
03-12-2015, 03:04 AM
I like the fact that this guy and Clarkson played together in college and could be our backcourt of the future.

I would of liked to have seen the team trade anything of value at deadline and waive old vets or buyout old vets that are no longer useful for a full rebuild and give our own d league guys a chance to see what they have.

Its a little late with only 20 games left but I'm glad to see the move just as long as we keep our top 5 pick.

We have a few more d leaguers that need a shot.

what I do not understand is why they didn't take the hardship exception or whatever it is called that would of increased the roster to 16 in fact like eric pincus has said they could of even tried for 17 players with both kobe and nash and Julius randle and price out for the season.

my only question is who gets cut of waived. or bought out to make room for this kid once the 2nd 10 day contract is up? maybe nash, maybe price, who knows...

mufridaz
03-12-2015, 03:06 AM
what really stings is we took ellington instead of whiteside who is playing well for the heat this year. its these sort of hidden gems that we should be trying to find in these last 20 games.

deadman8586
03-12-2015, 10:23 AM
what really stings is we took ellington instead of whiteside who is playing well for the heat this year. its these sort of hidden gems that we should be trying to find in these last 20 games.

It's a good thing we did because we needed shooting because we lost Meeks and insurance in case Kobe gets hurt again which he did.

lakers4sh0
03-12-2015, 02:43 PM
It's a good thing we did because we needed shooting because we lost Meeks and insurance in case Kobe gets hurt again which he did.

like it matters?

jaydubb
03-12-2015, 06:57 PM

Nah man we need bricks... Lots of bricks...

If Jabari Brown can miss shots then start him.. **** play him 40 mins/game

deadman8586
03-12-2015, 08:21 PM
Nah man we need bricks... Lots of bricks...

If Jabari Brown can miss shots then start him.. **** play him 40 mins/game

Well yeah now we do because this season feel apart.

gr824
03-12-2015, 11:38 PM
I like the fact that this guy and Clarkson played together in college and could be our backcourt of the future.

I would of liked to have seen the team trade anything of value at deadline and waive old vets or buyout old vets that are no longer useful for a full rebuild and give our own d league guys a chance to see what they have.

Its a little late with only 20 games left but I'm glad to see the move just as long as we keep our top 5 pick.

We have a few more d leaguers that need a shot.

what I do not understand is why they didn't take the hardship exception or whatever it is called that would of increased the roster to 16 in fact like eric pincus has said they could of even tried for 17 players with both kobe and nash and Julius randle and price out for the season.

my only question is who gets cut of waived. or bought out to make room for this kid once the 2nd 10 day contract is up? maybe nash, maybe price, who knows...

Nobody ... The league graciously granted the Lakers the flexibility of a 16th roster spot in order to facilitate the signing [ Real generous of Adam Silver after his season-long encouragement/support for some of the most egregiously outrageous anti-L.A. officiating since the 2008 NBA Finals -- I thought getting rid of Stern might solve that problem ... Fat chance, as it turns out ... ].

mufridaz
03-13-2015, 04:14 AM
@gr824

as always your knowledge and wisdom helps shed some light on my confusion...thanks

well I guess sterns disciple must have some guilt for the cp3 trade disaster. its the least he could do:)

now all we need is a few more ping pong balls in the jar and a little luck to have a great draft...a loss to the knicks was great. if we can loose to the knicks we can loose to anyone...

and still we play the 76ers twice and wolves twice...

mufridaz
03-13-2015, 04:34 AM
i'm still hoping phil will draft okafur then trade him to lakers for some of the lakers useless trash. but I bet they might veto something like that. then we get another top 5 player to pair with randle Clarkson kobe and whatever free agent SF we get whether its jimmy buttler or kawi leonard type player 2 way wing that can defend.

I have a feelings knicks are a reload move than a full rebuild maybe just maybe they will take some of our vets. phil never liked to play young guys anyways liked veterans better as far as playing time is concerned as well as longer taller guards. i'm sure that would get vetoed. a lot of teams won't even trade with the lakers so if banging your fiancé a few more times to get a deal done gotta roll with it.

i'm not sure what knicks cap looks like but maybe lakers can resign j.hill and trade him to knicks melo at 3 j.hill at 4 and throw in a lin and swaggy as well for some bench help and maybe bring linsanity back. throw in sacre as well.

all they got so far next year is calderone melo and some youth and small short contracts and calderone was tried to be moved this year. if they get lin as a backup pg for like 4mil swaggy for 5 j.hill for 9 that's 18mil they might have idk close to 40mil or at least 30 in cap space still enough left to get a max guy and maybe if lucky another solid player then get some cheap vet min vets to fill in any gaps.

Vinylman
03-14-2015, 01:05 PM
Well yeah now we do because this season feel apart.

it fell apart about 18 months ago...

Laker fans still in denial of how ****** this team has been.