PDA

View Full Version : If healthy, would every top 8 WC team be a favorite in the East?

ewing
03-10-2015, 09:45 AM
I don't think so, but someone made a call into a radio show yesterday and made a pretty interesting conversation out of it

goingfor28
03-10-2015, 09:46 AM
I don't think so. Atlanta and Cleveland would still get love. But those are probably the only 2 I'd put in the conversation.

valade16
03-10-2015, 10:22 AM
No only because both Atlanta and Cleveland are very good. I think at the least the top 8 teams in the West would the #3 seed in the East and a contender for the title, but the favorite? No.

ewing
03-10-2015, 11:03 AM
No only because both Atlanta and Cleveland are very good. I think at the least the top 8 teams in the West would the #3 seed in the East and a contender for the title, but the favorite? No.

my thoughts as well and i think the Cavs are for real

Goose17
03-10-2015, 11:14 AM
Yes. Them and Atlanta would be the top 2.

ewing
03-10-2015, 11:18 AM
Yes. Them and Atlanta would be the top 2.

Wow, you think Atlanta and Clev are 2 best teams in basketball?

JasonJohnHorn
03-10-2015, 01:00 PM
I wouldn't go so far as to say 'favorite', but they would all have a shot.

I'd also extend that to the top 9. New Orleans could tear $#!T up in the east. Nobody would be able to match up with Davis. I think ATL and CLE would fair pretty well against them, ATL especially (I got a bonner for Horford), but I wouldn't be surprised if NO won a 7-game series against either.

lol, please
03-10-2015, 01:07 PM
Without question. Furthermore, if you put the Hawks or Cavs in the west, they are on the outside looking in playoffs wise, similar to the Suns or Kings.

Hawkeye15
03-10-2015, 01:21 PM
Not all 8 teams, nope

nycericanguy
03-10-2015, 02:34 PM
Without question. Furthermore, if you put the Hawks or Cavs in the west, they are on the outside looking in playoffs wise, similar to the Suns or Kings.

lol no they wouldn't.... LBJ is still hands down the best player in the game... he would have that team in the playoffs no matter what.

And how can you compare ATL to SAC? SAC has never even come close to .500 in the DMC era... ATL is on pace for 65 wins...lol. SAC will be lucky to finish with 25 wins.

People also have to realize teams are built for the conference they are in. Western teams tend to play faster and their rosters reflect that.

Goose17
03-10-2015, 02:38 PM
Wow, you think Atlanta and Clev are 2 best teams in basketball?

That wasn't the question. The question was "If healthy, would every top 8 WC team be a favorite in the East?" My answer is Yes. Them and Atlanta would be top 2.

Meaning that if you take ANY of the top 8 teams in the West and out them in the East. They would be one of the top two teams in the east along with Atlanta.

Tony_Starks
03-10-2015, 03:59 PM
Easily. Maybe even the top 9 teams.....

dalton749
03-10-2015, 05:07 PM
if healthy
so we have a healthy indy, miami, chicago in the east
theyd be no more favorites then they are in their own conference

nastynice
03-11-2015, 02:50 PM
outside of the mavs recently, I think the next top 8 teams (including NO) would be A favorite in the east. Meaning while not necessarily ABOVE atl and cle, they would be at least right there with them.

cmellofan15
03-11-2015, 02:56 PM
I think they'd be right outside of the top two, Atlanta and Cleveland if they are teams not named the Warriors or the Grizzlies. I'd take both over Atlanta, and I'd take Golden State over Cleveland.

KnicksorBust
03-11-2015, 03:09 PM
No. It's an exaggeration of the disparity in conferences. Next thread.

krazylegz
03-11-2015, 03:39 PM
you did watch dallas get clown stomped against cleveland last night right??

Tony_Starks
03-11-2015, 06:49 PM
you did watch dallas get clown stomped against cleveland last night right??

Yeah and by that victory Cleveland now has the same record as Dallas.

The east is garbage.

InRoseWeTrust
03-11-2015, 07:09 PM

This is laughable.

FlashBolt
03-11-2015, 07:09 PM

The east is garbage.

Because record means everything? Surely, no one thinks Dallas is better than OKC. Favorite doesn't mean who has the best record but rather, who would be the best team. Hawks/Cavs/Bulls WHEN healthy, could battle it out with the West. Indiana is another team that would have been really competitive had George been healthy. Nonetheless, clearly West is better. No one is denying that.

FlashBolt
03-11-2015, 07:13 PM
This is laughable.

His entire account is laughable. Maybe he is forgetting that Hawks are 18-4 against the WCF. Or the fact that the Cavs are 12-2 against the WCF the past two months; losing to the Rockets (recently) and Suns. (since James came back healthy).

koreancabbage
03-11-2015, 07:22 PM
His entire account is laughable. Maybe he is forgetting that Hawks are 18-4 against the WCF. Or the fact that the Cavs are 12-2 against the WCF the past two months; losing to the Rockets (recently) and Suns. (since James came back healthy).

exactly. all 8 WC over the Cavs and ATL? no way. I would still put CLE in the top 4 in terms of favorite. Even if they finished 8th, they could take out the Warriors - just like what the Thunder is going to do.

Tony_Starks
03-11-2015, 07:22 PM

The east is garbage.

Because record means everything? Surely, no one thinks Dallas is better than OKC. Favorite doesn't mean who has the best record but rather, who would be the best team. Hawks/Cavs/Bulls WHEN healthy, could battle it out with the West. Indiana is another team that would have been really competitive had George been healthy. Nonetheless, clearly West is better. No one is denying that.

I'm merely pointing out that Cleveland, who basically gets multiple freebies versus the Sixer's Knicks Magic Pistons Celtics of the world, has the same record as Dallas who has a much tougher schedule to say the least....

Tony_Starks
03-11-2015, 07:28 PM
This is laughable.

I wouldn't take that 12-2 too literally. Those wins include Lakers(twice), Sac, Utah, TWolves, Clippers minus Blake a OKC minus KD.....

FlashBolt
03-11-2015, 07:33 PM
I'm merely pointing out that Cleveland, who basically gets multiple freebies versus the Sixer's Knicks Magic Pistons Celtics of the world, has the same record as Dallas who has a much tougher schedule to say the least....

Oh yeah.. because record totally defines how good a team is with the amount of injuries going on. Is Dallas better than OKC? Simple question.

FlashBolt
03-11-2015, 07:40 PM
I wouldn't take that 12-2 too literally. Those wins include Lakers(twice), Sac, Utah, TWolves, Clippers minus Blake a OKC minus KD.....

....? What? So Dallas isn't playing those exact teams? Give me a break. You don't even make any sense right now.

JLynn943
03-11-2015, 09:39 PM
And how can you compare ATL to SAC? SAC has never even come close to .500 in the DMC era... ATL is on pace for 65 wins...lol. SAC will be lucky to finish with 25 wins.

Kings and Hawks should not be compared, but come on. Lucky to get 25 wins? The Kings have 23 wins with 19 games left, 4 of which are against Philly and the Lakers. They will absolutely get 25 wins, and would have a much better record if they were in the East.

Jeffy25
03-11-2015, 09:43 PM

They wouldn't be that bad.

nastynice
03-11-2015, 10:04 PM
I think there are basically 10 legit contenders right now, cavs and hawks in the east, and top 9 in the west minus dallas. They're not all on equal footing, but I think they can all be considered A (not THE) favorite regardless what conference they're in.

rhino17
03-11-2015, 10:09 PM
I would take the top 6 teams in the west over every team in the east. Then ATL and Cleveland, then the next 5 west teams

DaBear
03-11-2015, 10:10 PM
lol no

nastynice
03-11-2015, 10:13 PM
I would take the top 6 teams in the west over every team in the east. Then ATL and Cleveland, then the next 5 west teams

If were to break down the 10 or so legit contenders, I'd probably have both atl and cle in tier 1. Its wierd, the east sucks ***, but the two good teams to me are LEGIT legit teams.

Its gonna suck cuz whoever comes out the west is gonna come out completely battered and bruised, while you can imagine how fresh the team out the east will be. Worst case scenario, seeding somehow doesn't matchup cle vs atl in the ECF, that would be a HUGE advantage for whoever comes out the east

Vee-Rex
03-11-2015, 11:07 PM

Umm, Blake played in BOTH wins against the Clippers, you only mentioned one game. KD played in the game the Cavs won against OKC. What are you talking about?

If the East was fully healthy then you'd see Indiana and Chicago beating up some western teams. Hell, I'd absolutely love to have Anderson Varejao coming off our bench as our backup Center instead of Perkins. We're still kinda hurting there right now.

I get it, the West is the better conference. I absolutely agree, but that doesn't mean everyone in the East are just pushovers.

Sactown
03-11-2015, 11:09 PM
Umm, Blake played in BOTH wins against the Clippers, you only mentioned one game. KD played in the game the Cavs won against OKC. What are you talking about?

If the East was fully healthy then you'd see Indiana and Chicago beating up some western teams. Hell, I'd absolutely love to have Anderson Varejao coming off our bench as our backup Center instead of Perkins. We're still kinda hurting there right now.

I get it, the West is the better conference. I absolutely agree, but that doesn't mean everyone in the East are just pushovers.

Eh if one of Cleveland or Atlanta has to play Chicago then the other in the finals they wouldn't be fresh .. Chicago will bang someone up before they make it to the finals and Toronto and Washington aren't easy out s either, it won't be a cake walk

Vee-Rex
03-11-2015, 11:12 PM
Eh if one of Cleveland or Atlanta has to play Chicago then the other in the finals they wouldn't be fresh .. Chicago will bang someone up before they make it to the finals and Toronto and Washington aren't easy out s either, it won't be a cake walk

I think you're responding to the wrong person. That was the only post I made in this thread.

Sactown
03-11-2015, 11:56 PM
I think you're responding to the wrong person. That was the only post I made in this thread.

You're right it was suppose to be to the post above

lol, please
03-12-2015, 02:36 AM
exactly. all 8 WC over the Cavs and ATL? no way. I would still put CLE in the top 4 in terms of favorite. Even if they finished 8th, they could take out the Warriors - just like what the Thunder is going to do.
Take out the Warriors? I seriously lol'd. Really there aren't many teams that would lose to either the Cavs or Hawks from the best 8 teams out west, I don't think it's a stretch to say if they were in the west, a 2nd round exit from either team is where you put your money.

Well said. Good post.

lol, please
03-12-2015, 02:37 AM
East coast fans really give the western conference no respect. It's crazy.

Bostonjorge
03-12-2015, 03:25 AM
I have a hard time believing in Atalanta. I would take the #7 and #8 out west(Spurs and okc) in a series over Atlanta. Last year a non united team took the 1st seed out east. I do hope they can some how take down that stack team out east.

richardj
03-12-2015, 08:36 AM
If were to break down the 10 or so legit contenders, I'd probably have both atl and cle in tier 1. Its wierd, the east sucks ***, but the two good teams to me are LEGIT legit teams.

Its gonna suck cuz whoever comes out the west is gonna come out completely battered and bruised, while you can imagine how fresh the team out the east will be. Worst case scenario, seeding somehow doesn't matchup cle vs atl in the ECF, that would be a HUGE advantage for whoever comes out the east

I don't agree with this because the spurs last year came out of a tough western conference and absolutely put on a clinic vs the heat (who you could say had a "cakewalk" to the finals).

Vee-Rex
03-12-2015, 01:06 PM
East coast fans really give the western conference no respect. It's crazy.

I give the whole West respect except for the Warriors. Everyone else could maybe beat the Cavs in a 7 game series.

Cavs with their new additions would sweep the Dubs by an average of 25 a game easily. Shumpert shuts down Klay and it's game over.

Goose17
03-12-2015, 01:21 PM
I give the whole West respect except for the Warriors. Everyone else could maybe beat the Cavs in a 7 game series.

Cavs with their new additions would sweep the Dubs by an average of 25 a game easily. Shumpert shuts down Klay and it's game over.

LOL. You're a funny dude.

Warriors would sweep the cavs with an average margin of victory around 20 points.

The Cavs can't beat anyone in a top 8 seed out west. With the exception of Dallas. They're the second best team in a second rate conference. They would be a 7th seed out West at best.

Goose17
03-12-2015, 01:23 PM
And Shumpert shutting down Klay four times ain't happening. Klay shutting down Irving or Green shutting down Love on the other hand... Every damn time. Bank on it.

Vee-Rex
03-12-2015, 01:26 PM
Shumpert shuts Klay down and Lebron would shut Curry down. Or we can just put Shumpert on Curry and have him shut him down just like last game. Talk about airballs galore.

Dubs are first round exit material. :laugh:

Vee-Rex
03-12-2015, 01:34 PM
On a more serious note, I have mixed thoughts about Atlanta. It's like they play terrific ball sometimes and can beat anyone, but then their trickery offense is exposed and they get demolished by weak teams (like Denver).

It's almost like a gimmicky offense/team, but yet I respect the hell out of Horford/Millsap/Teague. Some more consistency will be needed for them to be a contender in the playoffs. If they can do that then they're capable of beating anyone IMO.

Goose17
03-12-2015, 01:42 PM
Shumpert shuts Klay down and Lebron would shut Curry down. Or we can just put Shumpert on Curry and have him shut him down just like last game. Talk about airballs galore.

Dubs are first round exit material. :laugh:

LOL... yeah. First round exit material against a team that would be the top seed in the east if they were healthy (okc).

Dubs first round is tougher than anything Cavs will face up until conference finals... if they can even make it there.

Dubs first round is probably going to be tougher than every first round LeBron has ever played combined :laugh2:

Goose17
03-12-2015, 01:45 PM
On a more serious note, I have mixed thoughts about Atlanta. It's like they play terrific ball sometimes and can beat anyone, but then their trickery offense is exposed and they get demolished by weak teams (like Denver).

It's almost like a gimmicky offense/team, but yet I respect the hell out of Horford/Millsap/Teague. Some more consistency will be needed for them to be a contender in the playoffs. If they can do that then they're capable of beating anyone IMO.

LOL... wow. Really exposing that you know nothing about the game if you think their offense is a gimmick. If anything they don't rely on gimmicks like a "big 3" to make themselves relevant.

And you've certainly changed your tune about them. Not that long ago you were calling them pretenders. Closer it gets to the post season the more they've got you scared right?

I hope the cavs manage to make the conference finals so the Hawks can rip them to pieces like San Antonio did to Miami last year.

Vee-Rex
03-12-2015, 03:22 PM
LOL... wow. Really exposing that you know nothing about the game if you think their offense is a gimmick. If anything they don't rely on gimmicks like a "big 3" to make themselves relevant.

And you've certainly changed your tune about them. Not that long ago you were calling them pretenders. Closer it gets to the post season the more they've got you scared right?

I hope the cavs manage to make the conference finals so the Hawks can rip them to pieces like San Antonio did to Miami last year.

I haven't changed my tune at all. I still think they're overrated, and it's showing. They played extremely well and the Cavs played extremely badly, yet we were still really close. They won, but one game hasn't changed my opinion of them.

If anyone has changed their tune it has been you. You said the Cavs would lose to the Raptors or Bulls awhile back. You even said the Wizards would be tough on the Cavs but recently said you have the Cavs ahead of the Raptors/Bulls and only *slightly* behind the Hawks.

Goose17
03-12-2015, 05:57 PM
I haven't changed my tune at all. I still think they're overrated, and it's showing. They played extremely well and the Cavs played extremely badly, yet we were still really close. They won, but one game hasn't changed my opinion of them.

If anyone has changed their tune it has been you. You said the Cavs would lose to the Raptors or Bulls awhile back. You even said the Wizards would be tough on the Cavs but recently said you have the Cavs ahead of the Raptors/Bulls and only *slightly* behind the Hawks.

Slightly? They're miles behind Atlanta. Not half the team Hawks are.

Chicago with Rose and Butler healthy would have won a seven game series. Now I think it's more 55/45 for Chicago. Toronto are struggling. Cavs have a good chance of getting past them. D.C and Cavs are about 50/50.

Cavs odds of making it past the second round have increased. But I still say Atlanta will devour them.

bucketss
03-12-2015, 06:20 PM
i have a hard time believing okc,dalls,new orleans, being favored over the cavs

bucketss
03-12-2015, 06:24 PM

actually KD played against the cavs.

Shlumpledink
03-12-2015, 06:57 PM
the top 6 teams, yeah. The 6th seed being the spurs. I don't think anyone would pick New Orleans or the Mavs over Atlanta or Cleveland though.

Vee-Rex
03-12-2015, 10:06 PM
D.C. and Cavs are 50/50? LOL. I need to stop responding to this dude.

Sactown
03-12-2015, 11:50 PM

Chicago with Rose and Butler healthy would have won a seven game series. Now I think it's more 55/45 for Chicago. Toronto are struggling. Cavs have a good chance of getting past them. D.C and Cavs are about 50/50.

Cavs odds of making it past the second round have increased. But I still say Atlanta will devour them.

You're being silly at this point, since LeBron has come back Cleveland has been on a tear, are they the favorites? Nope but they're playing great ball... Beating a lot of good teams recently

If PG comes back and gets on track and they play the Pacers in the first round and then a healthyish Chicago in the next followed by ATL that would be some good competition... Don't belittle their competition to diminish their potential success in one argument then say they aren't the favorites to beat these guys in the next.. just petty

nastynice
03-12-2015, 11:54 PM

I definitely hope so

FlashBolt
03-13-2015, 01:10 AM

Hawks aren't playing Cavs in the second round. That can only assume you think Cavs will lose to the Wizards, Bulls, or Toronto? LMAO. This team has been the best record wise for two months. They have been the best team for the past two months. Just letting you know, Playoffs are a different game. Don't disrespect LeBron acting like he's some rookie. This dude has played four straight finals. You don't just beat him like that.

LOL. You're a funny dude.

Warriors would sweep the cavs with an average margin of victory around 20 points.

The Cavs can't beat anyone in a top 8 seed out west. With the exception of Dallas. They're the second best team in a second rate conference. They would be a 7th seed out West at best.

What proof do you have that they would sweep the Cavs? Cavs can beat anyone at any given time.. You're completely delusional to think otherwise. Average margin of victory around 20 points based off what?

And Shumpert shutting down Klay four times ain't happening. Klay shutting down Irving or Green shutting down Love on the other hand... Every damn time. Bank on it.

More random garbage without any proof. Just the same old "they will, bank on it." Just because you type it ten times, doesn't mean you're correct tenfold.

Toronto is getting exposed.
Wizards are getting tired and are slowing down.

Those two teams aren't the same and that can be displayed by the fact that both of those teams had a wide lead over Cavs just not too long ago. Bulls aren't the same grind-out team anymore. They'll be tough to beat but I still think the Bulls have slowed down defensively and also, Noah hasn't been the same player. He went from being the clear cut DPOY, to being forgotten (injuries).

Goose17
03-13-2015, 06:23 AM

Just responding to your trolling dude ;) you've got something against golden state and now you're ragging on the tram constantly despite the fact you know the stuff you're saying isn't true. You're just trolling the fans. You're not subtle. Everyone can see you're doing it.

@Flash. Yes I do think Cavs have a good chance of losing to Chicago and it's not going to be as easy as they think to beat the Wizards. And what proof do I have that dubs will sweep the cavs? None. Why don't you look at the post I was replying to and jump all over his *** as well? He was the one saying cavs would sweep the Dubs by 30 point margins. And there's no proof about the shumpert stuff either. Just like there was no proof of what HE said. You really need to check the posts I'm replying to first dude it is pretty damn obvious to even the most idiotic person that I was responding to his troll with a troll. There's more to back up what I was saying than what he was saying though. Dubs are a vastly superior team. We're out here setting records in the toughest western conference to date and the Cavs are struggling to be the second seed in one of the worst eastern conferences to date. We're head and shoulders the better team. As are any of the top 8 seeds in the West minus Dallas. Cavs fans hate to admit that though.

Goose17
03-13-2015, 06:46 AM
Vexed. Sorry, I mean Vee-Rex goes from this...

Warriors are still the better team. I can't say we'd win in a 7 game series just from one game...

We're underdogs and aren't even the best in the East. We face someone like Golden State right now in a 7 game series we'll get handled.

To this...

LOL^^ :laugh2: How can people not see that he got all vexed and now trolls dubs fans despite the fact he knows the crap he's spewing is B.S? He doesn't even believe his own posts.

The playoffs are a different beast though and I think people will see what teams like Chicago and Washington are made of. I can see one of those two beating Atlanta or Cleveland to be honest.

And he went from this^

To this^ LMFAO

Pick a side and stick to it. How can people NOT see what he's doing? He's CLEARLY trolling/baiting. He doesn't believe this B.S he said himself that Chicago and D.C could beat the Cavs in the playoffs. He said that the Cavs would be "handled" by the Dubs. Now he's flipped and done a 180, not because he actually believes the opposite but because he knows saying the opposite of what's true will get Dubs fans (and other fans) pissed. He's just trolling, 24/7.

I might just have to sig those quotes so everyone is constantly reminded of this guy and his B.S trolling.

Jeffy25
03-13-2015, 08:32 AM
This got comical

Captain Moroni
03-13-2015, 09:19 AM
The thing about cleveland is that they were a new team gelling at the start. Then added Shumpert, smith, Mozgov, and Perkins. Now they are learning to play together and this team is downright scary.
This team will be your 2015 NBA champs.

Vee-Rex
03-13-2015, 09:31 AM
I've got nothing against Golden State. I love 'em. But I like to mess with lol, please sometimes and he likes to do the same to me.

Goose, if you want to call anyone out on their BS you should do it to that guy since he drives the BS bus with virtually every post he makes. I just jump in the sewage with him sometimes for the fun of it, so calm down.

Goose17
03-13-2015, 09:43 AM
I've got nothing against Golden State. I love 'em. But I like to mess with lol, please sometimes and he likes to do the same to me.

Goose, if you want to call anyone out on their BS you should do it to that guy since he drives the BS bus with virtually every post he makes. I just jump in the sewage with him sometimes for the fun of it, so calm down.

Yeah I knew what you were doing, I'm perfectly calm about it. I was just highlighting it for Flash because he seemed to miss it. I don't have a problem with you and I like the Cavs as I've told you before.

But I didn't see lol,please in this thread. So your B.S troll looked like a generic troll for all warriors fans. Not him specifically. When you were in the games thread making all the "Mozgov with the splash!" comments that was different, it was clearly aimed at him.

But whatever. As long as people see what you were doing and don't take your comments (or my responses) too seriously.

Vee-Rex
03-13-2015, 10:12 AM
I gotcha

FlashBolt
03-13-2015, 10:25 PM
If you guys think trolling in an NBA forum makes you look cool, you should both stop. Let's stick to a real discussion instead of these random and irrelevant posts.

lol, please
03-14-2015, 12:13 AM
I will come looking for an apology vee rex when the cavs get bounced out early. If the warriors don't win a title this year I will be the first to come publicly admit I was wrong.

curtcocaine
03-14-2015, 12:43 AM
No. Do you even basketball?

FlashBolt
03-14-2015, 01:07 AM
I will come looking for an apology vee rex when the cavs get bounced out early. If the warriors don't win a title this year I will be the first to come publicly admit I was wrong.

How about you just stop showing up? Maybe game threads might actually be tolerable to read.

lol, please
03-14-2015, 03:33 AM
How about you just stop showing up? Maybe game threads might actually be tolerable to read.
Ignore feature does wonders for the impatient and short tempered children.